Different country different rules

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Nothing to say they wont cancel ours yet x

By *andybigboiMan  over a year ago

Mount Pleasant

Australia have been very strict just like New Zealand have been from the beginning

By *ustforfun49Man  over a year ago

chesterfield

"Nothing to say they wont cancel ours yet x"

If anything they will not let fans in but it will not be fair if they do that with Wembley having fan and Wimbledon having a full crowd for the final.

By *ustforfun49Man  over a year ago

chesterfield

"Nothing to say they wont cancel ours yet x"

Plus it's on the 18 July day before lockdown ends.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's a test event like the tennis and football, it won't be cancelled

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

It won't be cancelled, he needs it to happen, he hinted in his press release that he wanted cases soaring now when they are manageable not in the winter...

My local pub had 19 positive cases from Saturdays england game

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

Australia vaccinated - 1 dose 26% / Fully 8%

UK vaccinated - 1 dose 68% / Fully 51%

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

Not sure about the area where the Grand Prix is held but Sydney is in lockdown due to rising cases although they are having problems due to people mixing in each others houses. Sound familiar.

By *iman2100Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Australia vaccinated - 1 dose 26% / Fully 8%

"

I think, in a non perfect world, opening up the UK is ok now on balance. Silverstone fans are probably 90% in the open and that flat ex-ww2 airfield in often windy city. should be ok.

By *ackformore100 OP   Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"It won't be cancelled, he needs it to happen, he hinted in his press release that he wanted cases soaring now when they are manageable not in the winter...

My local pub had 19 positive cases from Saturdays england game "

Absolutely... Its a strategy to get as many people infected now as possible before the winter of lockdowns and illness. Which unless I'm very mistaken is the exact opposite of our strategy only 3 weeks ago, which was to try and reduce infections as low as possible. I have no issue with changing policy as knowledge or circumstances dictate... I have a massive issue with changing horses half way through the race and being taken for a fool.

Tin town

"It won't be cancelled, he needs it to happen, he hinted in his press release that he wanted cases soaring now when they are manageable not in the winter...

My local pub had 19 positive cases from Saturdays england game

Absolutely... Its a strategy to get as many people infected now as possible before the winter of lockdowns and illness. Which unless I'm very mistaken is the exact opposite of our strategy only 3 weeks ago, which was to try and reduce infections as low as possible. I have no issue with changing policy as knowledge or circumstances dictate... I have a massive issue with changing horses half way through the race and being taken for a fool. "

With apologies for mixing my metaphors.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Apparently all of our freedoms have been taken away and the government is trying to slowly enforce martial law turning us into a police state.

This is starting by allowing 140thousand people to attend a motor sporting event

The same weekend as a world tennis final attended by thousands and a football final attended by thousands.

What an awful country we live in with all these rules and lack of freedom

Tin town

"Apparently all of our freedoms have been taken away and the government is trying to slowly enforce martial law turning us into a police state.

This is starting by allowing 140thousand people to attend a motor sporting event

The same weekend as a world tennis final attended by thousands and a football final attended by thousands.

What an awful country we live in with all these rules and lack of freedom "

Don't forget Wales v Argentina and eng v Canada! Don't you oppress me.

By *ncognito!Woman  over a year ago

falkirk

It all heard immunity now

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

Aussie government - responsible

British Government - bending to the will of people who make most noise and ignoring science (again)

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

I shall be there .... whoopy do

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"Aussie government - responsible

British Government - bending to the will of people who make most noise and ignoring science (again)"

By *an hjCouple  over a year ago

Stowmarket

"Different country different rules "
not even that, watch the Aussie super car championship, no shortage of spectators there, it depends on the local situation.

By *spotpleasurerMan  over a year ago

Norwich

[Removed by poster at 09/07/21 10:53:18]

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

British Government - bending to the will of people who make most noise and ignoring science (again)"

Sorry but the science is reflective of the relative vacinnation levels.

When the uk only had single, digit double vacinnated then we also cancelled events.

If one country is ahead on vacinnations it is completely unscientific to have the same restrictions as countries with few vaccinations.

By *edroomNinjaMan  over a year ago

Crewe, Cheshire

The British GP is a Test event and fully authorised by DMCS, and Australian GP is under the rules of a different country. I get what you mean though. I have tickets (had them for last year and they were carried over). Entry requirements are a negative lateral flow test or both vaccine doses. So in theory it should be "safe", there are no COVID rules once inside the circuit, so no masks needed, social distancing etc. It's going to feel very strange, but I will wear a mask if I feel unsafe and plenty of sanitiser.

As others have said, the race itself is the day before we are supposed to "unlock", lets keep our fingers crossed that the number of cases don't get out of control again, especially after all the hard work we put in.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

if they were bending to those making the most noise we would never open up again

[Removed by poster at 09/07/21 11:14:32]

On the previous series of test events, out of 60,000 attendees 15 later tested positive.

Tin town

"The British GP is a Test event and fully authorised by DMCS, and Australian GP is under the rules of a different country. I get what you mean though. I have tickets (had them for last year and they were carried over). Entry requirements are a negative lateral flow test or both vaccine doses. So in theory it should be "safe", there are no COVID rules once inside the circuit, so no masks needed, social distancing etc. It's going to feel very strange, but I will wear a mask if I feel unsafe and plenty of sanitiser.

As others have said, the race itself is the day before we are supposed to "unlock", lets keep our fingers crossed that the number of cases don't get out of control again, especially after all the hard work we put in."

Yep a huge majority of people have been on a hell of an emotional journey for the last 18 months, so let's hope the gamble doesn't backfire. As for test event. That would imply they have some purpose and objectives and some outcomes. It would be interesting in seeing what they are... Beyond the fact that it's a label that allows full capacity to events the govt choose and less capacity to events the govt choose. What informs their decision making process would be good to see.

That aside.. Its great to see folks together and having a great time. Enjoy it. I had not appreciated how damaging to emotions the last year has been.

"On the previous series of test events, out of 60,000 attendees 15 later tested positive."

Where are you getting your information from.I heard it was a hell of a lot more

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"Different country different rules not even that, watch the Aussie super car championship, no shortage of spectators there, it depends on the local situation."

Precisely, local not country or global rules. Each country / area will do as it sees fit

On a mooch

"On the previous series of test events, out of 60,000 attendees 15 later tested positive.

Where are you getting your information from.I heard it was a hell of a lot more"

Here is one from the end of June for events in April / May. It needs to be taken with a pinch of salt, as only 15% of those attending returned tests before and after the event

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/covid-pcr-tests-government-dcms-evidence-b1872937.html%3famp

By *tticus Finch 76Man  over a year ago

Northampton

British Government - bending to the will of people who make most noise and ignoring science (again)if they were bending to those making the most noise we would never open up again"

I must have missed the pro lockdown and mask wearing demonstrations.

By *ohnj21Man  over a year ago

Leeds

"

We're do uou get your stats, from UK or you including children's

On a mooch

We're do uou get your stats, from UK or you including children's "

Gone up now but the numbers are here

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/vaccinations

"On the previous series of test events, out of 60,000 attendees 15 later tested positive.

Where are you getting your information from.I heard it was a hell of a lot more"

Hang on I’ll just check my list of every fact I’ve read over the last 18 months and get back to you.

Actually I probably won’t.

Tin town

Where are you getting your information from.I heard it was a hell of a lot more

Here is one from the end of June for events in April / May. It needs to be taken with a pinch of salt, as only 15% of those attending returned tests before and after the event

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/covid-pcr-tests-government-dcms-evidence-b1872937.html%3famp"

A massive punch of salt. Which would imply that as a "test" it was next to useless especially considering that community infection rates were less than a 10th of what they are now.. I wonder what they can conclude from that test. ...

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

Nothing like asking for evidence and then when it's presented discounting it with no evidence.

Think that is called tackling the man not the ball to use a sporting term.

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

British Government - bending to the will of people who make most noise and ignoring science (again)if they were bending to those making the most noise we would never open up again

I must have missed the pro lockdown and mask wearing demonstrations. "

The government are giving into the people who think that covid is a myth the ones who say that it is over an the ones that seem to think people being vaccinated makes everything okay.

all the demos were about removing the restrictions the idiots in whitehall have now done that so yes they have given in to the demonstrators, despite the science.

People keep saying they have been vaccinated everything is okay no its not you can still get covid, you can still pass on covid and you can still infect loads of people not knowing you have covid.

so yes the government are wrong .... but of course they dont give a fuck they are trying to stay in power; just remember when it all goes very very wrong and the NHS are swamped again .... everyone wanted total freedom instead of I admit the limited freedom we have now but at least we have no lockdown - YET !

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

British Government - bending to the will of people who make most noise and ignoring science (again)if they were bending to those making the most noise we would never open up again

The government are giving into the people who think that covid is a myth the ones who say that it is over an the ones that seem to think people being vaccinated makes everything okay.

all the demos were about removing the restrictions the idiots in whitehall have now done that so yes they have given in to the demonstrators, despite the science.

People keep saying they have been vaccinated everything is okay no its not you can still get covid, you can still pass on covid and you can still infect loads of people not knowing you have covid.

so yes the government are wrong .... but of course they dont give a fuck they are trying to stay in power; just remember when it all goes very very wrong and the NHS are swamped again .... everyone wanted total freedom instead of I admit the limited freedom we have now but at least we have no lockdown - YET !

"

so wouldyou rather open up in a cpl of months time just as summer is ending and hospitals are starting to fill up with all the other stuff other than covid or now when there is space in hospitals? Or stay closed down until its compleatly gone.if its until its compleatly gone thats likley to never happen.all vunerable are double jabbed everyone else has had at least one its now time to put it to the test

Tin town

so wouldyou rather open up in a cpl of months time just as summer is ending and hospitals are starting to fill up with all the other stuff other than covid or now when there is space in hospitals? Or stay closed down until its compleatly gone.if its until its compleatly gone thats likley to never happen.all vunerable are double jabbed everyone else has had at least one its now time to put it to the test"

That's not the only choice though is it?

I mean there could have been an option (just one example) to maintain the momentum of the vaccine program which was pestering out but still at over 350k jabs a day, to keep reducing community infection rates whilst using technology and testing to target outbreaks. It doesnt have to be binary... It can be nuanced without the rush into herd immunity by subterfuge, along with the risks of variants and long covid that the "oh fuck it we give up" approach brings.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

It’s as much about logistics and the local lockdown rules… cancelling it this far out gives f1 the chance to then schedule it somewhere else… to organise times for broadcaster and for them to work out how to ship equipment to and from…..

» Add a new message to this topic