FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > So, where do we go from here?

So, where do we go from here?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

We seem to be at a point now where we are at a turning point one way or the other.

Not long now before "Freedom Day" and we will be trusted with our own common sense, with the scientists urging caution,infections rising,temporary mass body storage tenders in by various councils, lots deleting the failed "NHS" app, including Mps,( so it dosent interfere with their holidays),

Joe Bidens suggestion at the G7 for poorer countries to be given the vaccine patent to help them and us, but rejected by the Uk, Canada and Germany because there "would be no money in it",the vac beginning with P announce that the vaccine efficacy only lasts for six months, half the population scared to live their lives and the other half throwing caution to the wind,mental health, education and economy woes, plus people with other illnesses having problems getting diagnosis and treatment to "protect the NHS."

What do you think will happen, will we get a "But,But,But, Alas.... and get locked up again for Autumn and the winter,or is this really it, where we live with a certain amount of illness and death like Flu?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *adMerWoman  over a year ago

Sandwich

Most of the vulnerable have been vaccinated. We accept that many die from flu, mostly the non-vaccinated. We shall have to accept Covid in the same manner. However I don’t trust that there won’t be another lockdown.

I plan to enjoy my life fairly sensibly for now. I can see my family. I can hug them. Life is way better than it was last year!

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

We have to muddy through the transition period now, I don't think things will be clear until next year of how we are handling it ourselves, I wish they did covid/long covid only hospitals though, so that the local trusts can get ploughing through their long backlog waiting lists of procedures

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It is never the justifiable action of the state to let society do what it wants, without restraint, full education and support, when the implications are severely detrimental to society as a whole and some individuals even more so.

Hence we have driving, electricity, medication, pollution, employment and other restrictions that we live with, for every breath that we take. Most people accept this, for the greater good.

The consistent behaviour of those in charge has been 1 of creating confusion, whilst especially doing everything too late and slowly. Individuals have all along had to use their judgement. But it does not hold up that citizens who cannot reasonably be expected to be health experts, should try to unravel the details from complex materials and where the government does not provide the full details that they have available and are needed to make informed decisions.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What I think will happen is , some people will still take precautions, wear masks in public and look after themselves and others , the majority won’t give a fuck and carry on as normal but I can see this coming back to bite us all again , more strains will form that maybe we won’t be protected from ,the nightmare won’t just end on the 19th , don’t think life will be like it was pre pandemic

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

When organisations like WHO, The Lancet etc. come out with extremely strong criticism of the government's stance, it's concerning.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"It is never the justifiable action of the state to let society do what it wants, without restraint, full education and support, when the implications are severely detrimental to society as a whole and some individuals even more so.

Hence we have driving, electricity, medication, pollution, employment and other restrictions that we live with, for every breath that we take. Most people accept this, for the greater good.

The consistent behaviour of those in charge has been 1 of creating confusion, whilst especially doing everything too late and slowly. Individuals have all along had to use their judgement. But it does not hold up that citizens who cannot reasonably be expected to be health experts, should try to unravel the details from complex materials and where the government does not provide the full details that they have available and are needed to make informed decisions. "

liverpool

"When organisations like WHO, The Lancet etc. come out with extremely strong criticism of the government's stance, it's concerning. "

What have they said?

By *ornLordMan  over a year ago

Wiltshire and London

"When organisations like WHO, The Lancet etc. come out with extremely strong criticism of the government's stance, it's concerning.

What have they said?"

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/07/countries-should-not-relax-covid-rules-too-quickly-says-who-official-mike-ryan

"Epidemiological stupidity" is a phrase that stands out.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"It is never the justifiable action of the state to let society do what it wants, without restraint, full education and support, when the implications are severely detrimental to society as a whole and some individuals even more so.

The consistent behaviour of those in charge has been 1 of creating confusion, whilst especially doing everything too late and slowly. Individuals have all along had to use their judgement. But it does not hold up that citizens who cannot reasonably be expected to be health experts, should try to unravel the details from complex materials and where the government does not provide the full details that they have available and are needed to make informed decisions. "

I agree with a lot of what you so eloquently say. But I don't agree that we can't expect people to understand complex materials. At the end of the day, something extremely simple has been made to appear complex by scientists and some govt ministers. Its a disease that spreads and is transmitted by standing too close to eachother and by poor personal hygiene habits. We can reduce it by not standing so close to eachother (thank you sting) and by going back to the habits our granny taught us.. Wash our hands, don't sneeze and cough on eachother and reduce spread by wearing a face covering liken they did waaaaay back in the plague. It's not that complex at all. The more people have got it, the more it spreads... And conversely... The less people have it the less it spreads. The more people have it, the more illness and death and conversely, the less that have it... The less illness and death. Not sure how much simpler it could be.

liverpool

"When organisations like WHO, The Lancet etc. come out with extremely strong criticism of the government's stance, it's concerning.

What have they said?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/07/countries-should-not-relax-covid-rules-too-quickly-says-who-official-mike-ryan

"Epidemiological stupidity" is a phrase that stands out."

An epidemiologist or boris johnson?

Its a tough one

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"When organisations like WHO, The Lancet etc. come out with extremely strong criticism of the government's stance, it's concerning. "

Thing is WHO use words like could and it’s possible etc so that if it does not go the way they say, it’s all covered

It has really come to the time where the country really needs to get back to things so that when the next pandemic pops up we can be ready.

Yes we know that some will do worse than others but surely that’s the way life is, may seem harsh but realistic.

By *hoenix CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Stokesley

We are just recovering from covid 19 despite being double jabbed for ages. Five days of a bad Flu, plus a legacy of no smell (can be advantages to that), tiredness and occasional brain fog which we hope will go in time. We have been very cautious all the way through and still got the virus.

Still very surprised at the about of people who think the double jab means they won't get covid.

However, we don't want to be hermits and on the plus side for us we have extra antibodies so will be okay until the next varient ??

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

"We have to muddy through the transition period now, I don't think things will be clear until next year of how we are handling it ourselves, I wish they did covid/long covid only hospitals though, so that the local trusts can get ploughing through their long backlog waiting lists of procedures "

By *nicecoupleXCouple  over a year ago

Hitch

",temporary mass body storage tenders in by various councils, "

As of today there are 3 people I'm addembrooks with mild covid symptoms, 1 is serious

Lister hospital 2 with covid

Bedford hospital 3

And around the UK it is pretty similar

Your above statement is not accurate

By *nicecoupleXCouple  over a year ago

Hitch

And regardless of opening on 19th July or not - we was always going to be locked up come October time. This government want that more than anything

Do not believe them for one minute the false lies they are saying about "learning to live with it and not going back to lockdowns"

They will lock us down

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple  over a year ago

Chester

"And regardless of opening on 19th July or not - we was always going to be locked up come October time. This government want that more than anything

Do not believe them for one minute the false lies they are saying about "learning to live with it and not going back to lockdowns"

They will lock us down "

Agree, cage is getting smaller

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

"And regardless of opening on 19th July or not - we was always going to be locked up come October time. This government want that more than anything

They will lock us down "

Why ? The U.K. is heading for 2.5 Trillion National Debt ,even a small rise in interest rate is going to put Billions on repayment of all that debt , we’ll be in serious trouble as a nation and would have to cut God knows how many things , does not make sense for Government to lock down again

By *uliette500Woman  over a year ago

Hull

The consistent behaviour of those in charge has been 1 of creating confusion, whilst especially doing everything too late and slowly. Individuals have all along had to use their judgement. But it does not hold up that citizens who cannot reasonably be expected to be health experts, should try to unravel the details from complex materials and where the government does not provide the full details that they have available and are needed to make informed decisions.

I agree with a lot of what you so eloquently say. But I don't agree that we can't expect people to understand complex materials. At the end of the day, something extremely simple has been made to appear complex by scientists and some govt ministers. Its a disease that spreads and is transmitted by standing too close to eachother and by poor personal hygiene habits. We can reduce it by not standing so close to eachother (thank you sting) and by going back to the habits our granny taught us.. Wash our hands, don't sneeze and cough on eachother and reduce spread by wearing a face covering liken they did waaaaay back in the plague. It's not that complex at all. The more people have got it, the more it spreads... And conversely... The less people have it the less it spreads. The more people have it, the more illness and death and conversely, the less that have it... The less illness and death. Not sure how much simpler it could be. "

I fully agree it is that simple.

Sadly there are too many "against my human rights" people who don't like being told what to do.

From what I have seen and read and speaking to patients where I work a lot will still take precautions but there are far too many who will throw the masks away and put others at risk by acting like this illness has go e away.

The situation in general is probably more dangerous now as those who are vaccinated, especially if not wearing masks, can still catch and spread it but many will be asymptomatic therefore not aware they have it.

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

They will lock us down Why ? The U.K. is heading for 2.5 Trillion National Debt ,even a small rise in interest rate is going to put Billions on repayment of all that debt , we’ll be in serious trouble as a nation and would have to cut God knows how many things , does not make sense for Government to lock down again "

Control, they have successfully done this so far.

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

London (till 19th May)

It will become just another disease like flu. It has to there is little else once the population has been vaccinated that can be done. I imagine that there will be continuing reminders to wash hands and wear face coverings in certain public areas, whether people follow them will be another matter.

Along with that the fact that Covid hit people who were overweight and unfit the hardest will probably see some sort of attempt at improving people's diets and general fitness possibly greater regulations on fast food and the sort of food sold in supermarkets.

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

They will lock us down Why ? The U.K. is heading for 2.5 Trillion National Debt ,even a small rise in interest rate is going to put Billions on repayment of all that debt , we’ll be in serious trouble as a nation and would have to cut God knows how many things , does not make sense for Government to lock down again

Control, they have successfully done this so far."

Fully understand the control which from Government point off view is great , but we will have major trouble with the Economy,it’s already the worst recession for 300 years

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

I agree with a lot of what you so eloquently say. But I don't agree that we can't expect people to understand complex materials. At the end of the day, something extremely simple has been made to appear complex by scientists and some govt ministers. Its a disease that spreads and is transmitted by standing too close to eachother and by poor personal hygiene habits. We can reduce it by not standing so close to eachother (thank you sting) and by going back to the habits our granny taught us.. Wash our hands, don't sneeze and cough on eachother and reduce spread by wearing a face covering liken they did waaaaay back in the plague. It's not that complex at all. The more people have got it, the more it spreads... And conversely... The less people have it the less it spreads. The more people have it, the more illness and death and conversely, the less that have it... The less illness and death. Not sure how much simpler it could be. "

That’s two eloquent posts.

The point about granny - yep common sense. Some people (too many) just seem to lack it.

Today at 8am there are already queues at the pubs in Brighton to secure a table for the match tonight at 8am. 12hrs away! These are mostly (not all) men in their 20s (ie the lowest vaccinated group - I think).

Hmmm drink, football, close proximity...big spike in 1-2 weeks?

I agree with a lot of what you so eloquently say. But I don't agree that we can't expect people to understand complex materials. At the end of the day, something extremely simple has been made to appear complex by scientists and some govt ministers. Its a disease that spreads and is transmitted by standing too close to eachother and by poor personal hygiene habits. We can reduce it by not standing so close to eachother (thank you sting) and by going back to the habits our granny taught us.. Wash our hands, don't sneeze and cough on eachother and reduce spread by wearing a face covering liken they did waaaaay back in the plague. It's not that complex at all. The more people have got it, the more it spreads... And conversely... The less people have it the less it spreads. The more people have it, the more illness and death and conversely, the less that have it... The less illness and death. Not sure how much simpler it could be.

The point about granny - yep common sense. Some people (too many) just seem to lack it.

Today at 8am there are already queues at the pubs in Brighton to secure a table for the match tonight at 8am. 12hrs away! These are mostly (not all) men in their 20s (ie the lowest vaccinated group - I think).

Hmmm drink, football, close proximity...big spike in 1-2 weeks?"

So what if they want to take the "risk" and watch the match with their friends.

Life's not worth living to me if all we have is lockdown, masks and fear.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Hmmm drink, football, close proximity...big spike in 1-2 weeks?"

I'm sure we will waste millions on a scientific study to find out why it's effecting males in the 20s age group more. Meanwhile I wonder what the women are up to?

Life's not worth living to me if all we have is lockdown, masks and fear. "

Then they go home, spread it to their parents, their partners, go to work or college next week and spread it there too. Your 'so what' attitude kills and maims others. Hey but I'm all for a proper lockdown...it suits me, so you carry on regardless in your selfish, self centred ways.

Then they go home, spread it to their parents, their partners, go to work or college next week and spread it there too. Your 'so what' attitude kills and maims others. Hey but I'm all for a proper lockdown...it suits me, so you carry on regardless in your selfish, self centred ways."

You are selfish, just read what you wrote. Talking absolute rubbish like your an epidemiologist. Those family members are just as likely to be infected doing their own thing without the evil non mask wearing individual.

Virtue signaling woke bs calling it now

Sunday mail today. Scientists looking at weekly jabs.. Not for me..

Then they go home, spread it to their parents, their partners, go to work or college next week and spread it there too. Your 'so what' attitude kills and maims others. Hey but I'm all for a proper lockdown...it suits me, so you carry on regardless in your selfish, self centred ways.

You are selfish, just read what you wrote. Talking absolute rubbish like your an epidemiologist. Those family members are just as likely to be infected doing their own thing without the evil non mask wearing individual.

Virtue signaling woke bs calling it now "

You clearly don't get sarcasm like you clearly don't understand basic science. Yes I am woke....I am well informed and up to date with a clear understanding of social issues.

Virtue signaling woke bs calling it now

You clearly don't get sarcasm like you clearly don't understand basic science. Yes I am woke....I am well informed and up to date with a clear understanding of social issues."

Oh man that made me laugh. Thanks for that.

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

you missed a bullet point

* dozens of swingers making sweeping generalisations based on fantasy figures on a sex site .....

"We seem to be at a point now where we are at a turning point one way or the other.

Not long now before "Freedom Day" and we will be trusted with our own common sense, with the scientists urging caution,infections rising,temporary mass body storage tenders in by various councils, lots deleting the failed "NHS" app, including Mps,( so it dosent interfere with their holidays),

Joe Bidens suggestion at the G7 for poorer countries to be given the vaccine patent to help them and us, but rejected by the Uk, Canada and Germany because there "would be no money in it",the vac beginning with P announce that the vaccine efficacy only lasts for six months, half the population scared to live their lives and the other half throwing caution to the wind,mental health, education and economy woes, plus people with other illnesses having problems getting diagnosis and treatment to "protect the NHS."

What do you think will happen, will we get a "But,But,But, Alas.... and get locked up again for Autumn and the winter,or is this really it, where we live with a certain amount of illness and death like Flu?"

So the point we are at is huge. There are enough unvaccinated people about that the virus can still spread unfettered. Enough vulnerable that can still get sick. Enough to overwhelm the NHS.

Drs/Nurses/HCAs etc put up with a lot because it was the right thing to do. Then we're promptly shit on from a great height. Once things start getting bad again, do you think they will carry on putting up with it. I don't.

» Add a new message to this topic