FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Help and advice please

Help and advice please

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hoping I can get some advice please.

Have just been informed that eldest has been in contact and has to now isolate.

He’s currently at his dads, but I spent several hours with him, including in the car.

He’s been with his brother too, since yesterday afternoon (both now at their dads).

I am due to have surgery on the 26th July, and am meant to have a pcr on the 24th first thing and then isolate.

My question is, if they come back tomorrow as they are meant to, and then I’ll be at home with eldest all week (I don’t think his brother has to stay home!?), what’s the chances of me testing positive on the pcr?

I am double vaccinated.

Thank you

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Unless he comes down with the virus unlikely

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

I know family dynamics etc can be difficult so please don't take this flippantly but could he not Isolate at his dad's to protect you ahead of your op? I guess you could confine him to his room at home.

"I know family dynamics etc can be difficult so please don't take this flippantly but could he not Isolate at his dad's to protect you ahead of your op? I guess you could confine him to his room at home. "

He could, but I’m not sure whether his dad will have it, he’s an awkward fucker.

That’s kind of what I’m thinking, but I’m not sure about the crossover between both kids too? If that makes sense

evesham

"I know family dynamics etc can be difficult so please don't take this flippantly but could he not Isolate at his dad's to protect you ahead of your op? I guess you could confine him to his room at home.

He could, but I’m not sure whether his dad will have it, he’s an awkward fucker.

That’s kind of what I’m thinking, but I’m not sure about the crossover between both kids too? If that makes sense "

Could you get them lft tests perhaps? Just to put your mind at ease.

"I know family dynamics etc can be difficult so please don't take this flippantly but could he not Isolate at his dad's to protect you ahead of your op? I guess you could confine him to his room at home.

That’s kind of what I’m thinking, but I’m not sure about the crossover between both kids too? If that makes sense

Could you get them lft tests perhaps? Just to put your mind at ease. "

Yes, we do have them, but might they still be incubating?

By *oroRick1027Man  over a year ago

The Boro

Get yourself a lateral flow test from the chemist

"Get yourself a lateral flow test from the chemist"

I’ve got the tests, and I’ve just done one, but my question is whether it’s likely to affect my surgery

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"Get yourself a lateral flow test from the chemist

I’ve got the tests, and I’ve just done one, but my question is whether it’s likely to affect my surgery "

I think you are best asking the place who are carrying out your surgery

On a mooch

I’d add a lot of trusts have their own papers on covid / surgery, so maybe yours has the same and will answer your query. For example our trust if I had to go in for surgery, myself and anyone in my household would have to isolate for three days prior to the surgery, along with taking tests.

By *en_Dover79Man  over a year ago

Oswaldtwistle

"Hoping I can get some advice please.

He’s currently at his dads, but I spent several hours with him, including in the car.

He’s been with his brother too, since yesterday afternoon (both now at their dads).

I am due to have surgery on the 26th July, and am meant to have a pcr on the 24th first thing and then isolate.

My question is, if they come back tomorrow as they are meant to, and then I’ll be at home with eldest all week (I don’t think his brother has to stay home!?), what’s the chances of me testing positive on the pcr?

I am double vaccinated.

Thank you "

50% you either will or you wont...

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

If returns home you all avoid contact as much as possible and get plenty of fresh air within the home leaving window open so it doesn't build up within the rooms if the case

"I’d add a lot of trusts have their own papers on covid / surgery, so maybe yours has the same and will answer your query. For example our trust if I had to go in for surgery, myself and anyone in my household would have to isolate for three days prior to the surgery, along with taking tests. "

At the moment I have to go for a test on the Saturday morning, and then isolate all weekend until I go in on Monday morning.

That’s a good idea, I’ll call them on Monday and ask. He’ll have to stay out until then.

Thank you x

"If returns home you all avoid contact as much as possible and get plenty of fresh air within the home leaving window open so it doesn't build up within the rooms if the case"

Thank you

"I’d add a lot of trusts have their own papers on covid / surgery, so maybe yours has the same and will answer your query. For example our trust if I had to go in for surgery, myself and anyone in my household would have to isolate for three days prior to the surgery, along with taking tests.

At the moment I have to go for a test on the Saturday morning, and then isolate all weekend until I go in on Monday morning.

That’s a good idea, I’ll call them on Monday and ask. He’ll have to stay out until then.

Thank you x"

Stay put, not out, that would be mean

My daughter had the Rona in late November - she tested positive.

She was home the entire time. After the two weeks, we both took a test - and were both negative.

If you also listen to the new Health Secretary's advice, he's now suggesting that only people who test positive will have to isolate, so I wouldn't worry too much about it

On a mooch

"I’d add a lot of trusts have their own papers on covid / surgery, so maybe yours has the same and will answer your query. For example our trust if I had to go in for surgery, myself and anyone in my household would have to isolate for three days prior to the surgery, along with taking tests.

Thank you x"

You’ve two weeks and the kids isolation will be up before you have to take test. Also his country down starts from when he was last in contact with the individual and not when you were informed. You should be fine but check with your trust, if anything to make them aware of the situation

Thank you x

You’ve two weeks and the kids isolation will be up before you have to take test. Also his country down starts from when he was last in contact with the individual and not when you were informed. You should be fine but check with your trust, if anything to make them aware of the situation "

Thank you

You should be absolutely fine and most trusts are now not advising to self isolate before surgery.

Ash is having surgery in a couple of weeks and has to do a PCR test 2 days before and a LFT in morning.

Thats now the case almost everywhere.

By *andKBCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth

I had covid in October none of my contacts even showed signs. C was tested and negative. I was asymptomatic on a PCR.

Chances are your son probably doesn't even have it. Might be worth him LFD testing before returning home tho

By *nimaginativeUsernameMan  over a year ago

Rochester, Kent

Seems pretty low risk tbh.

Just do it, and good luck

Thank you all

"You should be absolutely fine and most trusts are now not advising to self isolate before surgery.

Ash is having surgery in a couple of weeks and has to do a PCR test 2 days before and a LFT in morning.

Thats now the case almost everywhere. "

I have to isolate once I’ve had my pcr, which is 48 hours prior.

"You should be absolutely fine and most trusts are now not advising to self isolate before surgery.

Thats now the case almost everywhere.

I have to isolate once I’ve had my pcr, which is 48 hours prior.

"

It seems to be different depending on where you live.

Thats why I think it can be confusing when asking for advise because it can be different.

Hope all goes well. X

[Removed by poster at 11/07/21 19:11:17]

"I trust you know all about the PCR test and how it works. Even the inventor Kary Mullis said these 2 things. (all researcable) 1:PCR should never be used for the detection of infections diseases. 2:if you use high cycle levels PCR will find anything. That's why the WHO. told countries to reduce PCR cycle test levels.."

Nope thats the LFT tests!

"I trust you know all about the PCR test and how it works. Even the inventor Kary Mullis said these 2 things. (all researcable) 1:PCR should never be used for the detection of infections diseases. 2:if you use high cycle levels PCR will find anything. That's why the WHO. told countries to reduce PCR cycle test levels..

Nope thats the LFT tests!"

LFT doesn’t use cycles.

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

"Get yourself a lateral flow test from the chemist"
just how, accurate, are the lateral flow tests. My granddaughters year were sent home. She wasn't feeling well. She had 3 lateral flow tests which all said negative. Seeing as she still didn't feel good at all she then had a pcr test. This came back positive

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

"Get yourself a lateral flow test from the chemistjust how, accurate, are the lateral flow tests. My granddaughters year were sent home. She wasn't feeling well. She had 3 lateral flow tests which all said negative. Seeing as she still didn't feel good at all she then had a pcr test. This came back positive "

Really depends on the person swabbing the right areas for long enough for the LFT. They aren’t very accurate.

By *adMerWoman  over a year ago

Sandwich

"Get yourself a lateral flow test from the chemistjust how, accurate, are the lateral flow tests. My granddaughters year were sent home. She wasn't feeling well. She had 3 lateral flow tests which all said negative. Seeing as she still didn't feel good at all she then had a pcr test. This came back positive

Really depends on the person swabbing the right areas for long enough for the LFT. They aren’t very accurate. "

If you have symptoms you shouldn’t do a lateral flow test, you need to get a PCR test done.

LFD tests are for people with no symptoms.

By *sa and HarryCouple  over a year ago

motherwell

I am double vaccinated.

Thank you "

Take advice from the experts, not us

We’re in serious trouble if Fab is the place to visit for covid advice

"Get yourself a lateral flow test from the chemistjust how, accurate, are the lateral flow tests. My granddaughters year were sent home. She wasn't feeling well. She had 3 lateral flow tests which all said negative. Seeing as she still didn't feel good at all she then had a pcr test. This came back positive

Really depends on the person swabbing the right areas for long enough for the LFT. They aren’t very accurate. "

The LFT test has been thrown out of the window in America. Not fit for purpose

"We’re in serious trouble if Fab is the place to visit for covid advice"

It’s just a general question. I am allowed to ask.

"We’re in serious trouble if Fab is the place to visit for covid advice"

Why?

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

"We’re in serious trouble if Fab is the place to visit for covid advice

It’s just a general question. I am allowed to ask."

Do t ask don't get so ask but don't just rely on what comes back to you but I think you can work that out as a big girl.

Hope all goes well and the operation is all good.

evesham

I am double vaccinated.

Thank you Take advice from the experts, not us"

Experts can't be swingers?! Huh.

I am double vaccinated.

Thank you Take advice from the experts, not us

Experts can't be swingers?! Huh. "

Apparently not, I’m wandering back off to the lounge where people are nice to me

I am double vaccinated.

Thank you Take advice from the experts, not us

Experts can't be swingers?! Huh.

Apparently not, I’m wandering back off to the lounge where people are nice to me "

Good plan. X

By *r and Mrs 81Couple  over a year ago

Leicester

My son had surgery on June the 14th he had to attend hospital for a test carried out by a nurse 3 days prior, he wasn't asked to self isolate nor we as a family at any time upto his surgery, so I think when they do your test the 24th did you say as long as that is clear I think you will be OK

evesham

So apparently my suggestion of a 14 year old isolating in their room is considered child abuse.....Most kids spend most of their time in their room anyway and guidance for those who had to self Isolate that live with vulnerable people is for them to do so in their room.

Plus it was just a suggestion. Not a fucking order (not to the op btw x)

By *andare63Man  over a year ago

oldham

Nobody can say what the likelihood is of your son catching or you contracting it. As people have said get the lft and test every couple of days.

I do this for work every 2 days. Did one on a Sunday and negative,,,, Tuesday, negative. Did one because I had nothing more than a headache Wed's evening and I was positive. I had a lady friend with me for 10 days she isolated with me and did not catch,,,, both of us double vaxxed. Good luck

By *elloIntrigueMan  over a year ago

North West UK

I know it's been a few days since you posted OP. Hope everything has been okay so far and on another front, hope the surgery is unaffected and it all goes well.

"So apparently my suggestion of a 14 year old isolating in their room is considered child abuse.....Most kids spend most of their time in their room anyway and guidance for those who had to self Isolate that live with vulnerable people is for them to do so in their room.

Plus it was just a suggestion. Not a fucking order (not to the op btw x) "

I’m sorry you’ve had hassle .

They don’t like being in their room a lot, they like to talk my ears off instead , but I appreciate your suggestion nonetheless

"I know it's been a few days since you posted OP. Hope everything has been okay so far and on another front, hope the surgery is unaffected and it all goes well."

We’re all still negative atm, so fingers crossed. Thank you

» Add a new message to this topic