FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Masks staying on

Masks staying on

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ophieslut OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Central

There are suggestions that masks could be staying on indoors, which seems to reflect what most people think is right, in the current circumstances

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I hope so. The thought of no one wearing masks puts me off going anywhere especially with a newborn. I know my NHS trust are continuing mask wearing for all staff and are encouraging for patients and visitors

Central

"I hope so. The thought of no one wearing masks puts me off going anywhere especially with a newborn. I know my NHS trust are continuing mask wearing for all staff and are encouraging for patients and visitors "

It's a small price to pay for the safety and well-being of others! Staff in venues are often younger and less likely to have had 2 vaccine doses, so at risk. They will then be able to pass it on to more vulnerable people.

The vaccine minister stated this, this morning. Not definite until tomorrow's announcement.

"I hope so. The thought of no one wearing masks puts me off going anywhere especially with a newborn. I know my NHS trust are continuing mask wearing for all staff and are encouraging for patients and visitors "
totally agree. I’m crowded spaces. On transport and places where it’s obvious it’s safer we should carry on wearing them

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"I hope so. The thought of no one wearing masks puts me off going anywhere especially with a newborn. I know my NHS trust are continuing mask wearing for all staff and are encouraging for patients and visitors totally agree. I’m crowded spaces. On transport and places where it’s obvious it’s safer we should carry on wearing them

"

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

the reality is that people will do whatever they want regardless of the impact on those around them.

"the reality is that people will do whatever they want regardless of the impact on those around them."

How true. How selfish a great deal os us really are. The me me me I dont give a fuck brigade and will do as I like regardless should be names and shamed in my opinion. No value to anyone but themselves

"the reality is that people will do whatever they want regardless of the impact on those around them."

Yes I agree.

Already on Friday 2 young ladies took their masks off upstairs on the bus, declaring they had had both vaccines.

They were not bothered about anyone else.

By *ammskiMan  over a year ago

lytham st.annes

"the reality is that people will do whatever they want regardless of the impact on those around them.

How true. How selfish a great deal os us really are. The me me me I dont give a fuck brigade and will do as I like regardless should be names and shamed in my opinion. No value to anyone but themselves"

I am happy to continue to wear a mask, especially on public transport.

"the reality is that people will do whatever they want regardless of the impact on those around them.

How true. How selfish a great deal os us really are. The me me me I dont give a fuck brigade and will do as I like regardless should be names and shamed in my opinion. No value to anyone but themselves"

I don't agree with this.

Just because somebody doesn't feel the need to wear a face covering a specially when the government is saying its no longer a legal requirement doesn't mean they dont care about others.

Lots of European countries have now taken away the legal requirement to wear a face covering and their cases haven't gone up.

I think ot is very divisive and always has been to say anyone that can't or wont wear a face covering somehow doesn't care for others because that is not true.

Personally I think the ventilation, wash your hands and stay at home if you are unwell message needs to be key.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Wales are keeping the requirement for face coverings on public transport, health, social care settings, I hope we at minimum keep that

"Wales are keeping the requirement for face coverings on public transport, health, social care settings, I hope we at minimum keep that"

Its pointless to be honest.

Until the last 2 weeks face covering compliance was very high on public transport here. But I'm now seeing fewer and fewer people wearing them.

This is a great example of how effective the MSM scare campaign has been.

If you're scared to go out in public because people won't be wearing their inneffective masks then I feel sorry for you.

Covid and the fear factory are taking our freedom and it seems like many people are happy for that to happen.

are people free to wear masks in public then?

To be honest most of the country have moved on from coronavirus wearing masks when required and that's about it, with weekly death rates at below the 5year average and only limited numbers now in hospital and dieing of corona most people including my self are going out seeing freinds and family and social distancing and mask wearing is now more a formality than some thing people are actually sticking to. Only anougher week or so and hopefully Boris announces the end of all this mess and the country can get on with life back to normal and learn to live with a certain amount of deaths each week because that's the reality of the future.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

How true. How selfish a great deal os us really are. The me me me I dont give a fuck brigade and will do as I like regardless should be names and shamed in my opinion. No value to anyone but themselves

I don't agree with this.

Just because somebody doesn't feel the need to wear a face covering a specially when the government is saying its no longer a legal requirement doesn't mean they dont care about others.

Lots of European countries have now taken away the legal requirement to wear a face covering and their cases haven't gone up.

I think ot is very divisive and always has been to say anyone that can't or wont wear a face covering somehow doesn't care for others because that is not true.

"

By *ammisuxTV/TS  over a year ago

Uxbridge

I don't agree with this.

"

I agree, I am seeing people trying to turn mask wearing into the next divisive Brexit type issue which is sad. People are not genuinely that scared at all, lots of political grifters, given the current figures it's laughable how effective the scare tactics have been.

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

I do hope so.

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

"This is a great example of how effective the MSM scare campaign has been.

If you're scared to go out in public because people won't be wearing their inneffective masks then I feel sorry for you.

Covid and the fear factory are taking our freedom and it seems like many people are happy for that to happen."

Agree with you , masks for most total waste off time , unless you have a proper approved mask and change it every hour who actually does ?

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Personally I think the ventilation, wash your hands and stay at home if you are unwell message needs to be key."

With respect, you are saying that because you don't wear a mask. Most of us think a mask is helpful

By *ustSomeDarkieMan  over a year ago

Salford

I will continue not to bother. Plus clth masks are completely usually outside of stopping spit transfer. Any fine dust or other breathable things. Cloth is usually. Take it from someone who has to drill into some surfaces.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Hearing a minister this morning saying the opposite of what was being said last week, then it could be the same advice as the Welsh minister coming very soon

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Hearing a minister this morning saying the opposite of what was being said last week, then it could be the same advice as the Welsh minister coming very soon"

Standard consistency from them

If wearing a mask stops 1 person dying from it it's worth it and it was massively reckless to say last week.

Well its upto you.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

The thing that amuses me about the mask discussions ,that have been ongoing since the introduction of the advice.

People say a face covering is a waste of time and doesn’t do anything.

When you were a kid, and you coughed, what did your parents always say?

Put your hand over your mouth when you cough. It helps to stop the spread of germs.

When you sneeze?

Use a hanky.

But apparently this was all completely useless information.

"The thing that amuses me about the mask discussions ,that have been ongoing since the introduction of the advice.

Put your hand over your mouth when you cough. It helps to stop the spread of germs.

When you sneeze?

Use a hanky.

But apparently this was all completely useless information. "

That's not even remotely related.

Did your parents also teach you to wear a mask everyday because mine certainly didn't.

Maybe great grandpa in the war could tell us a few actually good reasons to wear a mask.

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

Boris did say in the announcement that all the plans would be confirmed around the 12th, nothing was set in stone and it was all subject to change depending on the latest data.

It was quite clear to me that there was alot of uncertainty about masks, a large portion of the population and government don't agree with no longer having a legal requirement to wear masks.

Dudley

"The thing that amuses me about the mask discussions ,that have been ongoing since the introduction of the advice.

When you sneeze?

Use a hanky.

Did your parents also teach you to wear a mask everyday because mine certainly didn't.

Maybe great grandpa in the war could tell us a few actually good reasons to wear a mask. "

It is relevant, we have been taught since we were young that covering your nose and mouth when you're likely to be coughing/sneezing out particles is a sensible approach, most people when they cough and sneeze usually aren't coughing out a potentially deadly virus, that's a risk now, so masks are sensible.

liverpool

"Boris did say in the announcement that all the plans would be confirmed around the 12th, nothing was set in stone and it was all subject to change depending on the latest data.

It was quite clear to me that there was alot of uncertainty about masks, a large portion of the population and government don't agree with no longer having a legal requirement to wear masks. "

A poll taken afterwards said an overwhelming majority thought people should have to keep wearing them

"Boris did say in the announcement that all the plans would be confirmed around the 12th, nothing was set in stone and it was all subject to change depending on the latest data.

It was quite clear to me that there was alot of uncertainty about masks, a large portion of the population and government don't agree with no longer having a legal requirement to wear masks. "

No one is stopping anybody from wearing a mask so if you feel more comfortable doing so the go for it. Lots of people in China continued to wear masks after the SARS outbreak years ago.

BRIDPORT

When you sneeze?

Use a hanky.

Maybe great grandpa in the war could tell us a few actually good reasons to wear a mask. "

It’s completely related.

The anti mask brigade have constantly told people that a face covering does nothing.

Of course it does.

Anything that prevents a projection from the mouth will help to reduce the spread of any germ.

Just the same as not shouting and spitting will.

As for things not being remotely relevant, you bring up ‘ grandpa’ and ‘ the war’

Herne Bay

It was quite clear to me that there was alot of uncertainty about masks, a large portion of the population and government don't agree with no longer having a legal requirement to wear masks.

A poll taken afterwards said an overwhelming majority thought people should have to keep wearing them"

And polls aren’t rigged ?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I think the messaging is the problem, if they had not made any decision yet then maybe they shouldn't tell everyone what will happen on the 19th. Him and the HS were insistent that it was going to be lifted and half the country have been objecting to that in the last week. They normally see how news is taken before deciding what to do.

A poll taken afterwards said an overwhelming majority thought people should have to keep wearing them And polls aren’t rigged ? "

Of course they're rigged.

liverpool

A poll taken afterwards said an overwhelming majority thought people should have to keep wearing them And polls aren’t rigged ?

Of course they're rigged. "

Yep

Those pro mask faction are extremely powerfu

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

Apart from on these forums im yet to meet anyone in the real world whose losing there shit about the law concerning masks being removed.wat i do hear are some saying there binning them as soon as and some saying there going to carry on wearing them for a while yet

liverpool

A poll taken afterwards said an overwhelming majority thought people should have to keep wearing them And polls aren’t rigged ? "

Only if you dont agree with them

Dudley

A poll taken afterwards said an overwhelming majority thought people should have to keep wearing them"

Yes, I did say that a large proportion don't agree with no masks.

BRIDPORT

I think the messaging is the problem, if they had not made any decision yet then maybe they shouldn't tell everyone what will happen on the 19th. Him and the HS were insistent that it was going to be lifted and half the country have been objecting to that in the last week. They normally see how news is taken before deciding what to do.

"

Yeah, they announce that there is going to be an announcement on a given date, then in the days leading up they tell you what’s going to be in the announcement.

Then having seen an adverse reaction to it, they announce something different on the day.

Then wonder why people are scratching their heads.

Dudley

"

Yeah, so that's what they are doing, seeing how the news was taken.

Yeah, so that's what they are doing, seeing how the news was taken. "

You can't see how that is a terrible way to lead a country? They operate virus guidelines based on a popularity contest...

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Yeah, so that's what they are doing, seeing how the news was taken. "

I am not sure if that is sarcasm or not, could you confirm before I answer?

"Personally I think the ventilation, wash your hands and stay at home if you are unwell message needs to be key.

With respect, you are saying that because you don't wear a mask. Most of us think a mask is helpful

"

I do wear one and iv never said I don't.

I wear one when I feel I can and when I cant I dont.

People can continue to wear a face covering, no one is saying they can't but they have to accept it will no longer be a legal requirement and I guarantee in the coming weeks more people won't be wearing then will be.

Herne Bay

A poll taken afterwards said an overwhelming majority thought people should have to keep wearing them And polls aren’t rigged ?

Only if you dont agree with them"

It all depends what questions they ask

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Yeah, they announce that there is going to be an announcement on a given date, then in the days leading up they tell you what’s going to be in the announcement.

Then having seen an adverse reaction to it, they announce something different on the day.

Then wonder why people are scratching their heads. "

Agreed. Surely this is no way to lead ? Surely they should be going by the data rather than waiting for the public to say hang on, that idea is rubbish

By *nicecoupleXCouple  over a year ago

Hitch

If you want to wear a mask or double mask then do

It you don't then it does not bother me

People should make their own choices and not allow others to control them.

BRIDPORT

Then wonder why people are scratching their heads.

Agreed. Surely this is no way to lead ? Surely they should be going by the data rather than waiting for the public to say hang on, that idea is rubbish"

I understand that they want to take decisions that people will ‘go with’ rather than just say ‘sod that, I’m not doing that’ but I’m sure there must be a better way of arriving at it.

liverpool

Only if you dont agree with them It all depends what questions they ask "

Do you think people should carry on wearing masks?

Yep it's a tricky one.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Personally I think the ventilation, wash your hands and stay at home if you are unwell message needs to be key.

"

Then I apologise, I thought you said you don't wear one. It must have been when you were describing when you don't wear one.

Maybe the people you see now not wearing one are doing the same as you

All all so people are saying most people will continue to wear a mask in public even if they're told by don't have to wear one.

I dont see any evidence of that At Wembley last week people did not have to wear face coverings and the vast majority didn't, I saw very few people in the crowd with coverings on.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"If you want to wear a mask or double mask then do

"

Is it control? I thought it was to limit what is coming out of your mouth and helping to not infect other people?

anti-maskers are torn knowing that masks help against facial recognition cctv that kerbs their freedoms and civil rights

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"All all so people are saying most people will continue to wear a mask in public even if they're told by don't have to wear one.

I dont see any evidence of that At Wembley last week people did not have to wear face coverings and the vast majority didn't, I saw very few people in the crowd with coverings on."

Supposedly they all had a test or double jabbed so didn't have to

Then I apologise, I thought you said you don't wear one. It must have been when you were describing when you don't wear one.

Maybe the people you see now not wearing one are doing the same as you"

I'm very passionate about people not being bullied into wearing one I cant always so why don't because it causes least severe distress however when I can I will.

Lots of people struggle to wear a covering so I just dont think its helpful when it is suggested anybody who doesn't ware one somehow doesn't care about other people as thats not true in most cases.

I have stuck to every other rule and regulation this is just one I struggle with massively.

BRIDPORT

"If you want to wear a mask or double mask then do

"

I do agree, each to their own.

But the issue is that you don’t wear a mask to benefit yourself , it’s more for others benefit and then by a majority doing it, it helps the majority.

If it simply benefited the wearer then I would totally agree with you.

"All all so people are saying most people will continue to wear a mask in public even if they're told by don't have to wear one.

I dont see any evidence of that At Wembley last week people did not have to wear face coverings and the vast majority didn't, I saw very few people in the crowd with coverings on.

Supposedly they all had a test or double jabbed so didn't have to"

But that's the point most of us are now double jabbed and I know i test regularly so my thinking is I'm no risk from others and they are lower risk for me and I guess that's where a lot of people are now coming from.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I'm very passionate about people not being bullied into wearing one I cant always so why don't because it causes least severe distress however when I can I will.

Lots of people struggle to wear a covering so I just dont think its helpful when it is suggested anybody who doesn't ware one somehow doesn't care about other people as thats not true in most cases.

I have stuck to every other rule and regulation this is just one I struggle with massively."

I wasn't bullying you. I didn't say you had to wear one. I didn't say anyone had to wear one.

I was saying I think your idea was biased as you don't wear one (for whatever reason)

The government are saying it's up to everyone to take personal responsibility and take necessary precautions. They are covering themselves for when they have to impose lockdown again.

They will say people obviously didn't heed the advice so it's not our fault!

By *osweet69Couple  over a year ago

portsmouth

Its quite simple if you want to wear a mask then wear it. If you do not then don't but neither party should be made to feel bad about their decision.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

But that's the point most of us are now double jabbed and I know i test regularly so my thinking is I'm no risk from others and they are lower risk for me and I guess that's where a lot of people are now coming from."

People are still at risk be it a lower one

Forum Mod

O o O oo

But that's the point most of us are now double jabbed and I know i test regularly so my thinking is I'm no risk from others and they are lower risk for me and I guess that's where a lot of people are now coming from."

Supposedly it was one of those trials ( if that is true ) the trials were to act like you would normally in a nightclub/ football match/ horse meeting etc

I have stuck to every other rule and regulation this is just one I struggle with massively.

I wasn't bullying you. I didn't say you had to wear one. I didn't say anyone had to wear one.

I was saying I think your idea was biased as you don't wear one (for whatever reason)"

Sorry that got lost in communication I did not direct that at anybody in particular and certainly haven't felt bullied on this thread.

As has been said in the thread that anyone that that doesn't work the facemask doesn't care about anyone but themselves and I dont see that its true.

By *iss LovelyWoman  over a year ago

Here and There

I have stuck to every other rule and regulation this is just one I struggle with massively."

Are you vaccinated?

Dudley

I am not sure if that is sarcasm or not, could you confirm before I answer?"

Yeah it was sarcastic.

Are you vaccinated?"

Yep.

Double vaccinated since the beginning of April.

in Lancashire

Of course they're rigged. "

Why would a poll be rigged that goes against the initial suggestions from the government and by whom?

Surely any such conspiracy would be to rig the poll to mirror the suggestion..

Dudley

Yeah it was sarcastic. "

Actually, maybe sarcasm is the wrong word, it was more just a jokey thing.

in Lancashire

"anti-maskers are torn knowing that masks help against facial recognition cctv that kerbs their freedoms and civil rights"

There's been a sort of irony throughout the protests by those opposed to many of the differences we've lived with this last 18 months who tend to hide their faces whatever the protest is..

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Yeah it was sarcastic.

Actually, maybe sarcasm is the wrong word, it was more just a jokey thing. "

I will take the first one.

Ok my answer now will be, no matter what this Gov do you seem to defend it even if it is outrageous and your sarcastic comment is doing the same again.

Sometimes you have to take away the colours of the party and decide if what they are doing is right rather than look at it from a biased point of view

Here and There

I’ll continue to wear a mask when I can if it becomes optional. I started wearing one before I became compulsory because it makes sense to try keep my breathe contained, like covering my mouth when I cough. Sometimes it gets hot and claustrophobic if I’ve got it on for a long time so I need a minute with it down/off. It’s the best I can do, I have it covering my face 99% of the time I’m supposed to. I’m double jabbed.

I think if everyone did their best to consider others we’d be ok or better off at least.

I currently have Covid, likely caught from my non vaccinated, won’t wear a face mask, doesn’t socially distance friend last weekend. You’ve just got to do the best you can to protect yourself and others, sometimes I can do better and I became complacent after my second jab. Catching it has been a rude awakening and made me realise I still need to treat it seriously.

If an overwhelming majority of the population support wearing masks then I’m not sure why it needs to be mandatory.

By *uboCouple  over a year ago

East kilbride

Even after nearly 18 months, the amount of clowns that still think the wearing of masks is just for your own protection is quite astonishing.

How often do we read "i am young and healthy " so don't need to wear one. How selfish of you.

Wearing of a mask is to help protect others more vulnerable than your selfish selves

liverpool

A poll taken afterwards said an overwhelming majority thought people should have to keep wearing them

If an overwhelming majority of the population support wearing masks then I’m not sure why it needs to be mandatory."

Because wearing a mask only protects yourself?

It’s a recommendation not a law though! People will be free to ditch them on the 19th if they wish to!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57795409

liverpool

Hiw difficult is it announce a policy and actually stick to it?

Dudley

Yeah it was sarcastic.

Ok my answer now will be, no matter what this Gov do you seem to defend it even if it is outrageous and your sarcastic comment is doing the same again.

Sometimes you have to take away the colours of the party and decide if what they are doing is right rather than look at it from a biased point of view"

Actually, on several occasions I've said they have made mistakes, you can search by posts and see that.

What I don't agree with is the blind hatred some of you show, the message wasn't confusing, people are just choosing to be awkward and find fault.

When announcements were made suddenly, people complained that they hadn't had time to prepare for it, now they are complaining because they've been given time to prepare, they complain if masks are mandatory, then complain when they aren't, people bitch about lockdown then bitch more when we come out of lockdown.

I'm providing a counter to all the blind hatred.

Dudley

If an overwhelming majority of the population support wearing masks then I’m not sure why it needs to be mandatory.

Because wearing a mask only protects yourself?"

Untrue.

Yeah it was sarcastic.

Sometimes you have to take away the colours of the party and decide if what they are doing is right rather than look at it from a biased point of view

Actually, on several occasions I've said they have made mistakes, you can search by posts and see that.

What I don't agree with is the blind hatred some of you show, the message wasn't confusing, people are just choosing to be awkward and find fault.

When announcements were made suddenly, people complained that they hadn't had time to prepare for it, now they are complaining because they've been given time to prepare, they complain if masks are mandatory, then complain when they aren't, people bitch about lockdown then bitch more when we come out of lockdown.

"

That is untrue that the messaging from the beginning has had been confusing.

We were told initially not to wear face coverings as they provided little protection.

We are now being told infections are rising and hospital rates are rising albeit at a slower rate than previously But actually we can probably ditch the face coverings and social distancing in most settings in 8 days. I can't get married and have dancing and singing but UAFA can have 2500 officials at match without having to test or isolate. I disagree that the messaging is not confused.

liverpool

Because wearing a mask only protects yourself?

Untrue."

Sorry

Typo

Masks protect everyone else.

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

"are people free to wear masks in public then?"

Of course they are and I'm sure many will

liverpool

Yeah it was sarcastic.

"

I've not seem anyone complain they have had time to prepare.

Johnson said the other day masks will not be mandatory.

Whitty meanwhile said infections will soar and we must do everything to keep ourselves and each other safe.

That is clearly contradictory advice.

Dudley

Yeah it was sarcastic.

That is untrue that the messaging from the beginning has had been confusing.

We were told initially not to wear face coverings as they provided little protection.

We are now being told infections are rising and hospital rates are rising albeit at a slower rate than previously But actually we can probably ditch the face coverings and social distancing in most settings in 8 days. I can't get married and have dancing and singing but UAFA can have 2500 officials at match without having to test or isolate. I disagree that the messaging is not confused. "

I'm talking about the message last Monday about the masks, that it would be confirmed this week and that last week he was laying out what he thought might happen.

Regarding masks at the beginning, at that point they didn't have conclusive data, then they found out that masks do help, so they changed the guidance.

I have no idea what they are thinking with the untested officials etc, it's a stupid idea and I totally disagree with it.

Dudley

Yeah it was sarcastic.

Whitty meanwhile said infections will soar and we must do everything to keep ourselves and each other safe.

"

The complaining is about them telling us now but not actually putting it into effect right now, they tried that before and got slated for it, so what are they supposed to do?

He also said that nothing will be confirmed until tomorrow/this week. He was outlining the plan.

Personally, I think masks should continue to be mandatory in all health settings, shops and public transport, I don't agree that now is the time to ditch masks altogether.

By *weetncurvyWoman  over a year ago

Fife

"I am happy to continue to wear a mask, especially on public transport. "

As someone who works in public transport i'd like to say a big thank you x

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Yeah it was sarcastic.

"

You can take "you" out of that comment. I have never shown any hatred to a party. However I have commented on what they are doing. There is a difference.

As I say, sometimes people need to look at it without any party colours

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

The complaining is about them telling us now but not actually putting it into effect right now, they tried that before and got slated for it, so what are they supposed to do?

"

It wasn't a complaint, it was an observation of they were insistent there will be no going back and this is what will be happening. The messaging was very forceful by both him and the HS

If they want the messaging to be less forceful so that some people don't think they are going to have "freedom day" then maybe they should change the messaging

"What I don't agree with is the blind hatred some of you show, the message wasn't confusing, people are just choosing to be awkward and find fault.

"

to be completely fair, people aren't choosing to be awkward and find fault, they are merely highlighting the glaringly obvious faults that certain people have willfully chosen to ignore.

By *assagefun1Man  over a year ago

goole

I will wear mask if im told i have too ,but i really dont think a bit of cloth over my mouth/nose does any good what so ever ,

Yeah it was sarcastic.

He also said that nothing will be confirmed until tomorrow/this week. He was outlining the plan.

Personally, I think masks should continue to be mandatory in all health settings, shops and public transport, I don't agree that now is the time to ditch masks altogether. "

He outlined his plan in a contradictory way to scientists and epidemiologists though. There is strength of feeling around this subject and he would have been better placed to say they would review the science rather than lead people to believe there wouldn’t be a need for masks. If it isn’t law then people don’t have to do it. We know there will be large numbers that won’t wear a mask and that leaves a lot of people in a vulnerable position. They should be clear when they have decided.

Dudley

Yeah it was sarcastic.

You can take "you" out of that comment. I have never shown any hatred to a party. However I have commented on what they are doing. There is a difference.

As I say, sometimes people need to look at it without any party colours"

Yes, indeed they do.

Dudley

Yeah it was sarcastic.

Personally, I think masks should continue to be mandatory in all health settings, shops and public transport, I don't agree that now is the time to ditch masks altogether.

He outlined his plan in a contradictory way to scientists and epidemiologists though. There is strength of feeling around this subject and he would have been better placed to say they would review the science rather than lead people to believe there wouldn’t be a need for masks. If it isn’t law then people don’t have to do it. We know there will be large numbers that won’t wear a mask and that leaves a lot of people in a vulnerable position. They should be clear when they have decided. "

He did say they were reviewing the data then making the decision this week. He said that was the outline of the plan but it was all going to be confirmed this week.

Maybe because I didn't find the message confusing I'm in the minority, not really sure tbh, but I understood what was said and that last weeks announcement wasn't a sure thing.

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple  over a year ago

Chester

Masks to be replaced by traffic light system

Mine is staying on like it has been all these months im protecting my family,myself i work in a care home im not putting ppl i love and care for at risk.the Public can please themeselves what they do

Yeah it was sarcastic.

He outlined his plan in a contradictory way to scientists and epidemiologists though. There is strength of feeling around this subject and he would have been better placed to say they would review the science rather than lead people to believe there wouldn’t be a need for masks. If it isn’t law then people don’t have to do it. We know there will be large numbers that won’t wear a mask and that leaves a lot of people in a vulnerable position. They should be clear when they have decided.

He did say they were reviewing the data then making the decision this week. He said that was the outline of the plan but it was all going to be confirmed this week.

Maybe because I didn't find the message confusing I'm in the minority, not really sure tbh, but I understood what was said and that last weeks announcement wasn't a sure thing.

"

I didn’t find his message confusing but I did think it was in conflict from those around him. I would prefer him to say that it will be reviewed and leave it at that. It has just encouraged people to stop wearing their masks.

"Hearing a minister this morning saying the opposite of what was being said last week, then it could be the same advice as the Welsh minister coming very soon

Standard consistency from them

If wearing a mask stops 1 person dying from it it's worth it and it was massively reckless to say last week.

Well its upto you."

By your logic everyone should have to wear a mask forever.

Because it may save one life of flu or similar.

Is this really your position?

Masks do not keep other people safe, vaccination does not stop any spread of infection.

Stop an think for yourself before you rewrite what you have seen on FB, news etc

"Masks do not keep other people safe, vaccination does not stop any spread of infection.

Stop an think for yourself before you rewrite what you have seen on FB, news etc"

Neither of those statements are true.

"Masks do not keep other people safe, vaccination does not stop any spread of infection.

Stop an think for yourself before you rewrite what you have seen on FB, news etc"

admit it, you just saw that on your FB echo chamber or some shonky news podcast etc

By *eedslad69Man  over a year ago

leeds

"There are suggestions that masks could be staying on indoors, which seems to reflect what most people think is right, in the current circumstances "

I shall continue to be mask free as I have been from the very start

"There are suggestions that masks could be staying on indoors, which seems to reflect what most people think is right, in the current circumstances

I shall continue to be mask free as I have been from the very start "

You sound proud.

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Being someone who has travelled on public transport preCovid and had people coughing and sneezing so badly sat behind me I've felt their actual spit/snot hit the back of my neck (on more than one occasion) I'm more than happy for masks on transport to continue.

I'll be wearing mine.

Here and There

Are you vaccinated?

Yep.

Double vaccinated since the beginning of April. "

You’re doing as much as you can then.

I get that pressure to wear masks is huge and anyone who doesn’t wear one can face criticism.it must be hard to be in that position.

Hitch

Didn't take long for the spineless sack of dog shite to bow to his puppet mastes and u turn on the masks

Just aa he will when he locks everyone up again in October

And everyone will comply as they already are

Hitch

"Mine is staying on like it has been all these months im protecting my family,myself i work in a care home im not putting ppl i love and care for at risk.the Public can please themeselves what they do "

See, now this makes sense

Clearly saying they will wear the mask and others can do as they please

Thank god there is still some sanity on this forum

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Stop an think for yourself before you rewrite what you have seen on FB, news etc

Being someone who has travelled on public transport preCovid and had people coughing and sneezing so badly sat behind me I've felt their actual spit/snot hit the back of my neck (on more than one occasion) I'm more than happy for masks on transport to continue.

I'll be wearing mine."

Yuk. Maybe a hazmat suit would be better

Are you vaccinated?

Yep.

I get that pressure to wear masks is huge and anyone who doesn’t wear one can face criticism.it must be hard to be in that position.

"

Its really difficult to be honest.

Both myself and my partner are the shielding group so we have always taken this very seriously.

Its been a real dilemma because wearing a face covering sometimes isn't an option for me but I still need to be able to live my life.

Iv been verbally abused many times for not wearing one even with my langyard on. That then makes the reason why I struggle to wear a covering even worse.

Its a horrible situation and I hate that lots of people think anybody that doesn't wear one is a selfish dick.

I'm not a dick or selfish, I just struggle and its been so hard and I just want it all to be over now. X

By *indergirlWoman  over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

I have a feeling my job we'll still be wearing them due to the close contact at times

By *igNick1381Man  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

Are you vaccinated?

Yep.

Both myself and my partner are the shielding group so we have always taken this very seriously.

Its been a real dilemma because wearing a face covering sometimes isn't an option for me but I still need to be able to live my life.

Iv been verbally abused many times for not wearing one even with my langyard on. That then makes the reason why I struggle to wear a covering even worse.

Its a horrible situation and I hate that lots of people think anybody that doesn't wear one is a selfish dick.

I'm not a dick or selfish, I just struggle and its been so hard and I just want it all to be over now. X"

Awful to see people give you abuse for not wearing a mask without knowing your personal circumstances

It's odd how many will happily break social distancing protocol (putting both themselves and you) at risk to bitch about you 'not following the rules'

I've been lucky in that no one has said a single word to me and I don't wear one due to personal reasons, but I do everything to give lots of space to people (and obviously wouldn't even be out of I suspected I had something)

Are you vaccinated?

Yep.

I'm not a dick or selfish, I just struggle and its been so hard and I just want it all to be over now. X

Awful to see people give you abuse for not wearing a mask without knowing your personal circumstances

It's odd how many will happily break social distancing protocol (putting both themselves and you) at risk to bitch about you 'not following the rules'

I've been lucky in that no one has said a single word to me and I don't wear one due to personal reasons, but I do everything to give lots of space to people (and obviously wouldn't even be out of I suspected I had something)"

Its mainly happened at train stations and on the bus.

Most people are lovely but it only takes one person to completely knock my confidence.

I understand people are scared, im scared to but I feel we are losing compassion for one another.

Are you vaccinated?

Yep.

I'm not a dick or selfish, I just struggle and its been so hard and I just want it all to be over now. X"

The thing is with someone in your position Lorna, you may have times when you feel you can’t wear your mask but you wouldn’t invade someone’s space, you would appreciate that the person opposite may not be comfortable dealing with someone who isn’t wearing a mask, they may be vulnerable, they may be nervous and I think you would consider that.

Not everyone is considerate. They practically brag about not wearing a mask, they laugh at people for wearing one and they just love getting up close.

Are you vaccinated?

Yep.

The thing is with someone in your position Lorna, you may have times when you feel you can’t wear your mask but you wouldn’t invade someone’s space, you would appreciate that the person opposite may not be comfortable dealing with someone who isn’t wearing a mask, they may be vulnerable, they may be nervous and I think you would consider that.

Not everyone is considerate. They practically brag about not wearing a mask, they laugh at people for wearing one and they just love getting up close. "

I do my best but more often than that people get really close to me to demand to know why I'm not wearing one.

I respect them and their fears so they should do the same.

Central

"This is a great example of how effective the MSM scare campaign has been.

Covid and the fear factory are taking our freedom and it seems like many people are happy for that to happen."

Your scare stories are worse. Scientific evidence, which coincidentally is not published in the mainstream media but in reputable scientific journals, details the value of mask wearing, limiting the growth in infections. Presumably you want to reduce the number of people infected and are taking appropriate steps to help society. The loss of 'freedom' by wearing a tiny mask, is nothing to the cost of loss of healthy life.

leeds

"There are suggestions that masks could be staying on indoors, which seems to reflect what most people think is right, in the current circumstances

You sound proud. "

Please elaborate.

By *ent doggerMan  over a year ago

kent

I can't afford to get ill so I'll continue to distance where possible and wear a mask at work and out in public. I need to do as much as I can to protect myself.

You sound proud.

Please elaborate. "

You sound proud of yourself for not wearing a mask. Maybe you can’t wear one? Maybe you choose not to.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

I hope not! X

By *exedkittenCouple  over a year ago

exeter

The Covid virus is spread by microscope droplets. Wearing a mask is likened to driving a car through the Dartford tunnel.

Masks are just a sign of being controlled

I don't agree with this.

"

Just because I choose not to do a little thing that may save someone’s life because I can’t be arsed doesn’t mean I don’t care about others lives.

It just means I care more about about not doing something really quite small than their lives.

Dudley

"The Covid virus is spread by microscope droplets. Wearing a mask is likened to driving a car through the Dartford tunnel.

Masks are just a sign of being controlled "

Wrong but why let a little thing like science stop you spreading nonsense?

I don't agree with this.

Just because I choose not to do a little thing that may save someone’s life because I can’t be arsed doesn’t mean I don’t care about others lives.

It just means I care more about about not doing something really quite small than their lives."

I am talking about people that cannot wear them and if you have that attitude than you are part of the problem because it really isn't that simple for some.

It was mentioned in another thread that got too big, what does virtue signalling mean by wearing a mask. It means if you truly believe that the average mask that 99% of people wear, you wear it exactly how the guidance tells you to, change it every half an hour or hour, don't touch it, if you do change it, apply a new one, sanitise your hands. If you don't, you are virtue signalling. I appreciate woman and young people do to avoid be lambasted by some 'nice' people, however these ' nice' people most certainly choose who they confront, some would call it cowardly virtue signalling. If you wear an inappropriate face covering, single ply etc, then you are virtue signalling again.

If people want to wear one, it's none of my business , do so, however , don't expect me to do so. Do your business expecting that most will choose not to, alter your behavior and don't expect others to do so, personal responsibility!

If the advice was to stop wearing a mask, would you do so? If your answer is no, then it would suggest that you have other issues.... The most virment Fab virologists are the ones who say follow the science, don't be selfish, but wouldn't get rid of the mask ( might pull it down to have their ciggy though)

By *BWarksCouple  over a year ago

warwick

Managed to go through the whole year not wearing one …… can’t see why I’d start now …..

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

Before Covid if someone coughed, sneezed or spat anywhere near me they got told off.. Advised to cover or use a hanky.. We all.. Well anyone with good manners or anyone wanting to be considerate would cover up..

Post covid the same rules apply if no mask then use a hanky at least! Theres no excuse at all not to show consideration towards eachother is there?

stafford

"Managed to go through the whole year not wearing one …… can’t see why I’d start now ….. "

And your reason?

stafford

"It was mentioned in another thread that got too big, what does virtue signalling mean by wearing a mask. It means if you truly believe that the average mask that 99% of people wear, you wear it exactly how the guidance tells you to, change it every half an hour or hour, don't touch it, if you do change it, apply a new one, sanitise your hands. If you don't, you are virtue signalling. I appreciate woman and young people do to avoid be lambasted by some 'nice' people, however these ' nice' people most certainly choose who they confront, some would call it cowardly virtue signalling. If you wear an inappropriate face covering, single ply etc, then you are virtue signalling again.

If people want to wear one, it's none of my business , do so, however , don't expect me to do so. Do your business expecting that most will choose not to, alter your behavior and don't expect others to do so, personal responsibility!

If the advice was to stop wearing a mask, would you do so? If your answer is no, then it would suggest that you have other issues.... The most virment Fab virologists are the ones who say follow the science, don't be selfish, but wouldn't get rid of the mask ( might pull it down to have their ciggy though)"

Sorry but thats just wrong! Since you were a child you were told to cover your face.. I certainly did anytime I had a cold.. Cant see why people are refusing to do something very similar again . Its just courtesy and respect.. Not doing so I would see as totally disrespectful

I wear an N99/FFP3 respirator.

They filter over 99% of viral particles out of the air.

I’ve work a large variety of masks/respirators/powered-respirators and air-supplied face-coverings in my 40+ years of work.

They work.

Your innate immune system can handle very small viral loads. Large ones, not so much.

If people don’t want to wear one, ok. Just keep out of my way.

warwick

[Removed by poster at 11/07/21 22:20:22]

warwick

"Before Covid if someone coughed, sneezed or spat anywhere near me they got told off.. Advised to cover or use a hanky.. We all.. Well anyone with good manners or anyone wanting to be considerate would cover up..

Post covid the same rules apply if no mask then use a hanky at least! Theres no excuse at all not to show consideration towards eachother is there? "

Carrying a hanky was part of my school uniform, I always have one and use it

Central

"The Covid virus is spread by microscope droplets. Wearing a mask is likened to driving a car through the Dartford tunnel.

Masks are just a sign of being controlled "

Sadly incorrect. The positive help that you can make towards getting life and our freedoms back to a healthy level, includes wearing a mask. Buy the most effective mask that you can and wear it correctly - then perhaps you'd get respect for thinking of the greater good, for a real change.

leeds

You sound proud.

Please elaborate.

You sound proud of yourself for not wearing a mask. Maybe you can’t wear one? Maybe you choose not to. "

You see this is the very problem with society of which you are a part of. The narrative is, it's selfish to not wear a mask because it's inconsiderate of other people. What people don't realise is that if you can't wear one, it's actually ok, even though it goes against the narrative. As you know, not everyone can wear a mask but people are quick the be judgemental. The message here is don't be judgemental because everyone's circumstances are different & you must respect that. You're only saying I sound proud because you think I'm choosing not to wear one....not because I cant. What if someone couldn't wear a mask because of a disability and you said you sound proud ?. I think there's a lesson to be learned here.

"It was mentioned in another thread that got too big, what does virtue signalling mean by wearing a mask. It means if you truly believe that the average mask that 99% of people wear, you wear it exactly how the guidance tells you to, change it every half an hour or hour, don't touch it, if you do change it, apply a new one, sanitise your hands. If you don't, you are virtue signalling. I appreciate woman and young people do to avoid be lambasted by some 'nice' people, however these ' nice' people most certainly choose who they confront, some would call it cowardly virtue signalling. If you wear an inappropriate face covering, single ply etc, then you are virtue signalling again.

If the advice was to stop wearing a mask, would you do so? If your answer is no, then it would suggest that you have other issues.... The most virment Fab virologists are the ones who say follow the science, don't be selfish, but wouldn't get rid of the mask ( might pull it down to have their ciggy though)

Sorry but thats just wrong! Since you were a child you were told to cover your face.. I certainly did anytime I had a cold.. Cant see why people are refusing to do something very similar again . Its just courtesy and respect.. Not doing so I would see as totally disrespectful

"

What exact part of what I said was wrong?

I don't and never have coughed in anyone's face, that's called manners. In fact I've never sneezed in anyone's face, again polite manners. Self responsibility.

I doubt when you were young with a cold, you went around with your face covered! Again we get to the straw man argument of being very recently advised to put on a mask 'because it makes sense',when a year ago and all the time before the research showed no evidence based conclusion that they are beneficial.

Being respectful is not coughing and sneezing in someone's face, I don't do it and neither does most of society as a whole. You don't hold the title of being respectful for putting on a used mask from your preworn trouser pocket.

Your responsibility is if you feel uncomfortable with my maskless face, then you show self responsibility and get out of my way, don't leave it up to me, you'll be disappointed.

If you were told that the evidence now shows not to wear one, would you not wear one?

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

Wearing a mask reduces the spread of germs should you be contagious. I don’t want to make someone else ill. Wearing a mask in Sainsbury’s, on a train or on a bus seems a small price to pay for someone elses health, or even life.

"Wearing a mask reduces the spread of germs should you be contagious. I don’t want to make someone else ill. Wearing a mask in Sainsbury’s, on a train or on a bus seems a small price to pay for someone elses health, or even life. "

Does it though? In a real life setting? Why would you not wear one all the time then, just in case....

Should I put some rolling eyes to make my point seem more valid.... As if to say come on, everyone knows that who are really nice!

Chudleigh

"Wearing a mask reduces the spread of germs should you be contagious. I don’t want to make someone else ill. Wearing a mask in Sainsbury’s, on a train or on a bus seems a small price to pay for someone elses health, or even life.

Does it though? In a real life setting? Why would you not wear one all the time then, just in case....

Should I put some rolling eyes to make my point seem more valid.... As if to say come on, everyone knows that who are really nice!"

Being selfish is not the answer…

"Wearing a mask reduces the spread of germs should you be contagious. I don’t want to make someone else ill. Wearing a mask in Sainsbury’s, on a train or on a bus seems a small price to pay for someone elses health, or even life.

Should I put some rolling eyes to make my point seem more valid.... As if to say come on, everyone knows that who are really nice!

Being selfish is not the answer… "

I would say the people who don't have compassion for others who struggle to wear a face covering are the selfish ones who seem to think it's really easy just because they can do it.

Chudleigh

I would say the people who don't have compassion for others who struggle to wear a face covering are the selfish ones who seem to think it's really easy just because they can do it. "

What percentage of the population is that? Seems like 50% at times. By all means do what is medically right - for 99% of us it is wear a mask.

By *matoMan  over a year ago

Around here

When you sneeze?

Use a hanky.

Maybe great grandpa in the war could tell us a few actually good reasons to wear a mask.

It is relevant, we have been taught since we were young that covering your nose and mouth when you're likely to be coughing/sneezing out particles is a sensible approach, most people when they cough and sneeze usually aren't coughing out a potentially deadly virus, that's a risk now, so masks are sensible. "

So... you spend all your waking hours non-stop sneezing?

You also need a mask when driving alone in your own car?

Or walking down an empty street?

You probably should also sleep with your mask on, just in case?

I would say the people who don't have compassion for others who struggle to wear a face covering are the selfish ones who seem to think it's really easy just because they can do it.

What percentage of the population is that? Seems like 50% at times. By all means do what is medically right - for 99% of us it is wear a mask."

Actually that isn't true the government predicted that about 36% of the population is except form wearing a face covering.

Please don't judge people and call them selfish because you have no I do what you are talking about.

stafford

I would say the people who don't have compassion for others who struggle to wear a face covering are the selfish ones who seem to think it's really easy just because they can do it. "

Compassion is important of course. Autistic and physical inability to remove a mask are good reasons not to.

Though there are people who put out their fag and buy an exemption lanyard saying they have 'asthma'if challenged.. Which seems a bit daft to me as far as valid reasons go

Also I believe some people who have issues using surgical mask would probably be okay with a face shield instead? . Though Im not qualified or know if that is true.. If it was it would reduce the number of exemptions considerably I should think?

What percentage of the population is that? Seems like 50% at times. By all means do what is medically right - for 99% of us it is wear a mask."

Medically right? Don't think so. Being selfish, ahhh yes, that old trotted out line, "I'm doing for you, not me" , a well used line from the sjws. Being selfish is telling people that masks are an effective tool in are armoury against the fight against covid and if you just wear one you're doing your bit in the fight! (a massive sense of pride)That's not not being selfish, that's being patronising, giving vulnerable people a false sense of agency. You'd be better telling people to give up those ciggies, lose weight, exercise and get some sun. But there again...... that's well, hard work...... easier to just pop a mask on!.... there you go, all better now, you feel safe and stay safe.

By *itnessXxMan  over a year ago

london

[Removed by poster at 12/07/21 11:31:06]

Chudleigh

What percentage of the population is that? Seems like 50% at times. By all means do what is medically right - for 99% of us it is wear a mask.

Actually that isn't true the government predicted that about 36% of the population is except form wearing a face covering.

Please don't judge people and call them selfish because you have no I do what you are talking about.

"

24million people are exempt? Have a look at the www.gov.uk website and it will outline the rules. Nowhere does it say 24m people can avoid it. I have no problem with people abiding by the rules. I also have a reaonable idea about what I am talking about.

Herne Bay

How many of masks worn are the medical approved ? How many change there mask every hour ?

24million people are exempt? Have a look at the www.gov.uk website and it will outline the rules. Nowhere does it say 24m people can avoid it. I have no problem with people abiding by the rules. I also have a reaonable idea about what I am talking about."

You clearly dont because you keep calling people selfish.

You have no idea why someone is not wearing one so maybe have a little thing before making assumptions.

ashford

Being selfish is not the answer… "

Selfish is how I'm going to b!

Dudley

24million people are exempt? Have a look at the www.gov.uk website and it will outline the rules. Nowhere does it say 24m people can avoid it. I have no problem with people abiding by the rules. I also have a reaonable idea about what I am talking about.

You have no idea why someone is not wearing one so maybe have a little thing before making assumptions."

I don't think the issue is with people who are genuinely exempt, unfortunately there are MANY people, they have even said it on these forums, that say they are exempt when they aren't, just because they don't want to wear a mask, it does make it awkward for genuine people but this is the world we live in now, people would rather put someone else into a horrible situation than have to put other people before themselves. Those are the selfish people.

Dudley

Either way, masks are still going to be required in some settings I think.

Can’t wait to ditch my face nappies!

Unfortunately I don’t think the bellend running Wales will be as keen to lift restrictions.

Public transport isn’t a problem because I don’t need it.

Feeling like a criminal going to Tesco when you’ve genuinely forgotten a mask is insane. Time to get back to normal now

ashford

You have no idea why someone is not wearing one so maybe have a little thing before making assumptions.

I don't think the issue is with people who are genuinely exempt, unfortunately there are MANY people, they have even said it on these forums, that say they are exempt when they aren't, just because they don't want to wear a mask, it does make it awkward for genuine people but this is the world we live in now, people would rather put someone else into a horrible situation than have to put other people before themselves. Those are the selfish people."

thank goodness come 19th we will all be exempt! x

Herne Bay

[Removed by poster at 12/07/21 14:32:05]

By *r-OreoMan  over a year ago

Telford Wellington

"I will continue not to bother. Plus clth masks are completely usually outside of stopping spit transfer. Any fine dust or other breathable things. Cloth is usually. Take it from someone who has to drill into some surfaces. "

Justsomedarkie you are the reason this virus is spreading...

By *ustforfun49Man  over a year ago

chesterfield

"There are suggestions that masks could be staying on indoors, which seems to reflect what most people think is right, in the current circumstances "

If that is going to be the case nothing much will change then.

They can’t reopen nightclubs with face masks

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

You can see this becoming a kink in clubs in future years.

Maybe those who don't like kissing wear masks, similar to the anklets for hotwives and pampas grass for swingers.

"I will continue not to bother. Plus clth masks are completely usually outside of stopping spit transfer. Any fine dust or other breathable things. Cloth is usually. Take it from someone who has to drill into some surfaces.

Justsomedarkie you are the reason this virus is spreading... "

Dammit you mean we only had to isolate Justsomedarkie and the pandemic is gone.

It’s like the fab version of cillit bang.

Herne Bay

"They can’t reopen nightclubs with face masks "
They will go broke like most pubs , let’s hope masks are not mandatory after the 19th ,

Chudleigh

You have no idea why someone is not wearing one so maybe have a little thing before making assumptions."

You are deliberately miss quoting. I have said all along, wear them unless you are medically advised not to. Avoiding wearing because you ‘don’t believe in them’ is selfish. I do not know your situation, that is personal to you. But what is wrong with wearing them to reduce the risk to others?

Salford

"I will continue not to bother. Plus clth masks are completely usually outside of stopping spit transfer. Any fine dust or other breathable things. Cloth is usually. Take it from someone who has to drill into some surfaces.

And you my friend aka Mr Ronnin aka Mac, is the reason why STI are still making the rounds. Mr Bareback. Mr Lies about having safe sex to get meets.

Justsomedarkie you are the reason this virus is spreading... "

Salford

[Removed by poster at 12/07/21 15:58:24]

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

You are deliberately miss quoting. I have said all along, wear them unless you are medically advised not to. Avoiding wearing because you ‘don’t believe in them’ is selfish. I do not know your situation, that is personal to you. But what is wrong with wearing them to reduce the risk to others?"

While I believe in freedom of choice, by and large, I am happy about the amount of freedom we have go back given that we are still in the pandemic and we probably have to learn to live with it.

What is so damn hard about wearing a mask when in closer proximity with people?

Washing hands, keeping distance and using protective masks to me is not really that difficult.

You are deliberately miss quoting. I have said all along, wear them unless you are medically advised not to. Avoiding wearing because you ‘don’t believe in them’ is selfish. I do not know your situation, that is personal to you. But what is wrong with wearing them to reduce the risk to others?

While I believe in freedom of choice, by and large, I am happy about the amount of freedom we have go back given that we are still in the pandemic and we probably have to learn to live with it.

Washing hands, keeping distance and using protective masks to me is not really that difficult. "

You're right, in the grand scheme of things it's not hard to wear a mask, I do it regularly. However, I shall not wear one just because you feel uncomfortable, I will be polite and curtious as I always am, but wearing a mask that has no real benefits would be ignorant of facts. Until a year ago and for 40 years before that the research have shown no real benefitsof wearing them.

The main point here is the focus is on a mask with no benefits, rather than actual benefits that people could make. Like I say do what you want, no business of mine, although don't get upset when I don't.

The question you will probably avoid is, if you were told that the evidence now shows that masks were ineffective , would you take it off?

Chudleigh

Washing hands, keeping distance and using protective masks to me is not really that difficult.

You're right, in the grand scheme of things it's not hard to wear a mask, I do it regularly. However, I shall not wear one just because you feel uncomfortable, I will be polite and curtious as I always am, but wearing a mask that has no real benefits would be ignorant of facts. Until a year ago and for 40 years before that the research have shown no real benefitsof wearing them.

The main point here is the focus is on a mask with no benefits, rather than actual benefits that people could make. Like I say do what you want, no business of mine, although don't get upset when I don't.

The question you will probably avoid is, if you were told that the evidence now shows that masks were ineffective , would you take it off?"

It depends who tells us. Scientific guidance is that they do have an impact in reducing spread to others. Until that changes, I am happy to follow the guidance from the qualified.

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

"

Only if you dont agree with them"

Polls are rigged at the point of asking the question. Agreeing with the findings or not takes place once the results are published.

All they have to do is pitch the questions in such a way as to attract the answers they want to hear.

So, yes, polls can be rigged and a lot of them probably are.

ashford

Washing hands, keeping distance and using protective masks to me is not really that difficult. "

It is walking round a hot supermarket pushing a home shopping cart for 8 hrs trying to keep to pick rate of 175 items an hour! At 64 years old! And I know hospital staff have worn them for ever but it's not what I signed up for so I shall ditch mine as and when we are allowed if it makes me selfish so be it xx

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

To me, in answer to the question of whether masks are effective or not, it is not about opinion polls or science proving/ disproving anything.

It is common sense that a barrier from sneezing/ coughing/ breathing prevents some (not all) germs and as such I will continue out of respect for others not in all but in some circumstances.

We all have to decide for ourselves. It is not about being right or wrong.

I also want to make ( for example elderly/ vulnerable) people around me feel a little bit less anxious.

Everybody make their own responsible choice, I 'd say.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

As expected the messaging is toned down this week. None of the irreversible comments, in fact this week not ruling anything out for the future.

More comments on masks and the use of them and when people should be expected to wear them.

Lets hope the people who were shouting "freedom day" last week hear the more cautious message this week.

Dudley

It is walking round a hot supermarket pushing a home shopping cart for 8 hrs trying to keep to pick rate of 175 items an hour! At 64 years old! And I know hospital staff have worn them for ever but it's not what I signed up for so I shall ditch mine as and when we are allowed if it makes me selfish so be it xx"

What would you do if your employer made mask wearing compulsory on the shop floor?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"As expected the messaging is toned down this week. None of the irreversible comments, in fact this week not ruling anything out for the future.

More comments on masks and the use of them and when people should be expected to wear them.

Lets hope the people who were shouting "freedom day" last week hear the more cautious message this week. "

PS I wasn't convinced of the scientists answers tonight and a couple they didn't answer fully so for us, we will carry on using masks when needed.

Good luck everyone, I think we are all going to need it

ashford

It is walking round a hot supermarket pushing a home shopping cart for 8 hrs trying to keep to pick rate of 175 items an hour! At 64 years old! And I know hospital staff have worn them for ever but it's not what I signed up for so I shall ditch mine as and when we are allowed if it makes me selfish so be it xx

What would you do if your employer made mask wearing compulsory on the shop floor? "

well obviously wear it lol! They have allready said we can make our own choice!so I've made mine! X

Dudley

What would you do if your employer made mask wearing compulsory on the shop floor? well obviously wear it lol! They have allready said we can make our own choice!so I've made mine! X"

Okay, I was just curious

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

I was in an Aldi to day and lots did not have face coverings on I'm thinking more of going back to a pp3 mask to protect me. As a face covering is I wear it for you etc and if lots are not going to wear one then if will need to be mine for me....

It’s not hard to wear a mask to protect others. I fail to see or read a convincing argument about why you wouldn’t. I’m not talking about illnesses here I’m talking about those that choose not to.

The scientists and doctors are all saying the same thing it seems and yet people are just crying out to have their freedom and Liberty back. It’s a mask. That’s all it is. To stop your droplets going up my nose. A date doesn’t change the risk.

ashford

"It’s not hard to wear a mask to protect others. I fail to see or read a convincing argument about why you wouldn’t. I’m not talking about illnesses here I’m talking about those that choose not to.

The scientists and doctors are all saying the same thing it seems and yet people are just crying out to have their freedom and Liberty back. It’s a mask. That’s all it is. To stop your droplets going up my nose. A date doesn’t change the risk. "

When its mandatory then yes wear them ! When it's not then it's up to peoples choice! Simples! If people want to wear them I wont berate them! Their choice! Will b mine not to! X