FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > over 50s v under 50s

over 50s v under 50s

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uv2kiss OP   Man  over a year ago

fenland

Watching Andrew Marr this morning and someone mentioned a statistic that to me sounded incredible

There are still more fully vaccinated over 50s dying of covid than unvaccinated under 50s

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Watching Andrew Marr this morning and someone mentioned a statistic that to me sounded incredible

There are still more fully vaccinated over 50s dying of covid than unvaccinated under 50s"

It's not incredible at all. The chances of over 50s dying with Covid was something like 25 times the chance of an under 50 dying.

Don't be vaccine would have to be around 96% effective to stop this. Which it isnt.

Despite the scaremongering the average age of everyone who has died in the UK of Covid is around 80.4 years old.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Watching Andrew Marr this morning and someone mentioned a statistic that to me sounded incredible

There are still more fully vaccinated over 50s dying of covid than unvaccinated under 50s"

Two thirds of annual deaths in the country are the 'elderly', this cohort will be in their latter years with a much higher percentage of health issues..

That has not changed in the past 18 months..

It's also why the death rates from the virus since the start across the globe have been in the same group, who are more vulnerable..

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

[Removed by poster at 11/07/21 17:03:52]

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

Yes, that's completely normal, those people over the age of 50 have a much higher chance of dying from covid, the vaccine has reduced the number of deaths quite dramatically, but, unfortunately, it's still a deadly disease to some people, particularly the elderly and vulnerable.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Just remember the death stats given are for people tested positive with covid - doesn’t mean it is what killed them, may just be another serious illness left them more vulnerable to covid - they may even have contracted it in hospital after being admitted.

» Add a new message to this topic