FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Interesting information

Interesting information

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Members of the NHS trust I work in have been told by their higher ups to turn off their Track and Trace so they don't get pinged. So all those asymptomatic people can just keep spreading it.

I know there are a ton of NHS workers on here. Have any of you been told to do this

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eadingCouple1963Couple  over a year ago

Reading

"Members of the NHS trust I work in have been told by their higher ups to turn off their Track and Trace so they don't get pinged. So all those asymptomatic people can just keep spreading it.

I know there are a ton of NHS workers on here. Have any of you been told to do this"

I turn mine off whilst in the hospital

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The advice has always been to turn it off in ANY workplace that is Covid Safe.

"Members of the NHS trust I work in have been told by their higher ups to turn off their Track and Trace so they don't get pinged. So all those asymptomatic people can just keep spreading it.

I know there are a ton of NHS workers on here. Have any of you been told to do this"

It would be pretty daft to have it “on” if you are dealing directly with, or will be in close proximity with “C-19 positive” people. The onus would be on fully-protective PPE and good hygiene, not on an App; as by the nature of the job you could not guarantee social distancing.

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

Like other NHS staff always turn it off whilst at work

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

I thought this was always the case.

You can't treat covid patients in the same building as health workers and have the app running.

Common sense really, the app just let's you know if you are close to an infected person.

We'll they work in a hospital so yep full of sick people.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Is this an instruction to just turn off the app while in work, or an instruction to turn it off completely? If the latter, it would indicate that they believe covid is so rife among the population that there is no longer any point in using the app. You don't need something to detect a remote possibility of being near someone with covid, if it's no longer a remote possibility, but an absolute certainty.

The worldometer figures for the UK indicate that currently there are above 30,000 new infections reported every day, and that active cases are 1% of the population. The infection rate is still rising exponentially, so by freedom day this will have risen to about 2% of the population, and between 50 to 60 thousand new cases a day. The underlying already-infected-but-not-yet-reported figures can be expected to be about double that.

By freedom day you can confidently expect that if you interact with more than 25 people without masking or distancing, then you will have been exposed to covid. That's 25 people total, not 25 in a day. Get on a bus that has 25 unmasked people on it, there will be at least one carrier, and everyone on the bus will be exposed to them.

No point to an app warning about infected people, when everyone has become infected...

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

it actually says so on the app for people in certain positions

By *spotpleasurerMan  over a year ago

Norwich

In 2020, the big social experiment was Sweden. This year, it's the UK and everyone else is watching us to help decide their own policy.

I suspect we will see more hospitalisations and deaths than the government's optimistic predictions, but fewer than contemplated by the more gloomy naysayers.

I'm not aged and I've had friends and family younger than myself come down with Covid. So, yes, I'm keenly aware of the dangers. On the other hand, there are health, economic, mental and social costs associated with anti-Covid measures and we cannot live in fear indefinitely.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Surely it as always been the case else every day half the team working the day before would be pinged

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

A friend told me at the weekend they have been told to ignore if they get pinged and continue to come into work as they haven't enough staff at the moment. She works in front facing role but isn't a nurse or doctor. Doubt it's official policy.

Interesting Op. How the answers coming back at you indicate to turn it off when in the hospital for obvious reasons, and yet your question is worded to sound like they are being asked to turn it off wherever they are. Missing out the wording "when at work". Was this a deliberate ploy to scare us or a genuine mistake?

By *dam and slutCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

Hi, are you all bank staff, do you get to get an opportunity to sit in a hospital car park and cherry pick which best paid shift you want work and ward....click and go to work..

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

I have friends that are nurses and they have been told that since the real ease of the app.

It’s not the only work environment that is saying that.

By *eadingCouple1963Couple  over a year ago

Reading

"Hi, are you all bank staff, do you get to get an opportunity to sit in a hospital car park and cherry pick which best paid shift you want work and ward....click and go to work.."

Interesting comment.

By *ighlander80884Man  over a year ago

Inverness

Since the different countries track and trace apps came out NHS workers were told to switch it off while at work.

The reason being that are wearing full ppe and constantly surrounded by people with covid. So risk is minimal.

This is not new advice.

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

"The advice has always been to turn it off in ANY workplace that is Covid Safe."

My workplace is in theory meant to be Covid Safe.

In practise there have been numerous cases (that I'm aware of) in the last few weeks.

So should my colleagues be turning off their track and trace and ignoring that they may have done a shift sat near to Fred, Ted or Mary who was infectious?

Thats news to me.

not covid app more like big bro watching knowing where everyone id lol

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

I know there are a ton of NHS workers on here. Have any of you been told to do this not covid app more like big bro watching knowing where everyone id lol"

Right.

I'm surprised anyone bothers using track and trace to be fair

We were told to do this when it first came out, anytime we are in a clinic NHS setting turn off the tracking as we have our own tracking procedures in place for staff. Hence when staff went off with covid the rest of the staff didn’t have to as we were wearing PPE

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

I thought it was called test and trace, not track and trace.

E

» Add a new message to this topic