FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Just be cautious

Just be cautious

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *luebell888 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

My friend who is 56 and has had both jabs has just tested positive for covid. She felt absolutely fine but had a slight cough. The only reason she got tested was because she was going on holiday. She said you could have knocked her down with a feather when she got the positive result. Scarey to think many out there are walking around oblivious to the fact that they have covid.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *00STERMan  over a year ago

nearby

On the upside though sounds like the vaccine is doing it’s job and stopping them getting seriously ill. So bodes well for the 19th !!

By *ackandtheunicornCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

[Removed by poster at 12/07/21 11:29:08]

By *ackandtheunicornCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

I don't know how people can still be surprised at this. "Vaccine" does not stop you catching or spreading covid. It only reduces the effects of covid

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

People will be walking around with covid, surely as with your friend, it just vindicates the whole innoculation programme.

By *luebell888 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I don't know how people can still be surprised at this. "Vaccine" does not stop you catching or spreading covid. It only reduces the effects of covid "

Yes I am aware of that but it's frightening to know they can spread to unvaccinated folk when walking around unaware they have covid.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's great news if her vaccine derived immunity keeps her safe, though sad she'll miss her holiday.

The false sense of security that many of us will get from not seeing/feeling symptoms is part of the dark side to the virus, where we can go about infecting others.

With cases rising so much, now is the time to double down on doing the things that we can to help to protect others.

By *ohnj21Man  over a year ago

Leeds

How is your friend health wisenow

"It's great news if her vaccine derived immunity keeps her safe, though sad she'll miss her holiday.

The false sense of security that many of us will get from not seeing/feeling symptoms is part of the dark side to the virus, where we can go about infecting others.

With cases rising so much, now is the time to double down on doing the things that we can to help to protect others. "

. To me the whole point of vaccinating everyone who is vulnerable is that “others” don’t need protecting.

They expect us to walk around with it from August (2 jabbed folk)

If I felt slightly unwell, I'd cover my face, and get on with life. Feeling too unwell to leave the house, is exactly what I'd do - stay in.

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

"I don't know how people can still be surprised at this. "Vaccine" does not stop you catching or spreading covid. It only reduces the effects of covid "
I wonder the same. I think it is cos the mainstream media dont report on it.

By *imes_berksMan  over a year ago

Bracknell

"I don't know how people can still be surprised at this. "Vaccine" does not stop you catching or spreading covid. It only reduces the effects of covid I wonder the same. I think it is cos the mainstream media dont report on it."

The mainstream media have been reporting the facts that you can still catch and spread covid. Unfortunately many people do not listen to exactly what they are being told. Additionally the leaflets you get when you have your vaccinations inform you that you are not 100% protected.

By *um4usbothCouple  over a year ago

Peterborough

my partner has been very ill with covid for the past 2 weeks. testing negative now but still suffering the effects. He's not sure where he caught it but thank god he had both vaccines as he has been told he would have been in hospital probably fighting for his life without the vaccine

By *um4usbothCouple  over a year ago

Peterborough

"They expect us to walk around with it from August (2 jabbed folk)

If I felt slightly unwell, I'd cover my face, and get on with life. Feeling too unwell to leave the house, is exactly what I'd do - stay in.

"

and hopefully you'd get tested just to be sure. My partners symptoms started off as hay fever symptoms then got worse , that,s when he had a test

"I don't know how people can still be surprised at this. "Vaccine" does not stop you catching or spreading covid. It only reduces the effects of covid I wonder the same. I think it is cos the mainstream media dont report on it.

The mainstream media have been reporting the facts that you can still catch and spread covid. Unfortunately many people do not listen to exactly what they are being told. Additionally the leaflets you get when you have your vaccinations inform you that you are not 100% protected."

Yes, the might not listen. I see, should they really be giving the people those leaflets?

By *imes_berksMan  over a year ago

Bracknell

"I don't know how people can still be surprised at this. "Vaccine" does not stop you catching or spreading covid. It only reduces the effects of covid I wonder the same. I think it is cos the mainstream media dont report on it.

The mainstream media have been reporting the facts that you can still catch and spread covid. Unfortunately many people do not listen to exactly what they are being told. Additionally the leaflets you get when you have your vaccinations inform you that you are not 100% protected.Yes, the might not listen. I see, should they really be giving the people those leaflets?"

Not sure what you mean. Everyone who has had a jab will get a leaflet. In fact you get one at both vaccinations

The mainstream media have been reporting the facts that you can still catch and spread covid. Unfortunately many people do not listen to exactly what they are being told. Additionally the leaflets you get when you have your vaccinations inform you that you are not 100% protected.Yes, the might not listen. I see, should they really be giving the people those leaflets?

Not sure what you mean. Everyone who has had a jab will get a leaflet. In fact you get one at both vaccinations"

I read it wrong there and thought it said "you are" and not "not" there, so yes, it is good that they give it to them.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"I don't know how people can still be surprised at this. "Vaccine" does not stop you catching or spreading covid. It only reduces the effects of covid I wonder the same. I think it is cos the mainstream media dont report on it."

It's been massively reported upon..

What seems to be happening is that some are using the fact that being vaccinated and still susceptible to infection is a reason to not be jabbed..

Reducing the effects has and will save hospitalisation and deaths as we've seen since the start of the year..

in Lancashire

The mainstream media have been reporting the facts that you can still catch and spread covid. Unfortunately many people do not listen to exactly what they are being told. Additionally the leaflets you get when you have your vaccinations inform you that you are not 100% protected.Yes, the might not listen. I see, should they really be giving the people those leaflets?"

The leaflets contain a lot more information than just the levels of protection, when that is etc ..

Whether they are fully read by some is another matter..

"I don't know how people can still be surprised at this. "Vaccine" does not stop you catching or spreading covid. It only reduces the effects of covid

Yes I am aware of that but it's frightening to know they can spread to unvaccinated folk when walking around unaware they have covid."

That's why they are asked to self test every now and then to hopefully keep on top of it. If you don't self test and many people don't bother then you will not know. Simple logic really don't you think

"People will be walking around with covid, surely as with your friend, it just vindicates the whole innoculation programme. "
so the vaccinated are now the spreaders.

in Lancashire

"People will be walking around with covid, surely as with your friend, it just vindicates the whole innoculation programme. so the vaccinated are now the spreaders."

No..

They can be as can people not vaccinated..

The difference being that those who are vaccinated will on the whole have lesser effects if they catch it..

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"I don't know how people can still be surprised at this. "Vaccine" does not stop you catching or spreading covid. It only reduces the effects of covid

Yes I am aware of that but it's frightening to know they can spread to unvaccinated folk when walking around unaware they have covid."

As this post proves anyone can get it even those vaccinated.

In my opinion there are far to many people who think they are invinsable just because they are vaccinated and these are the people taking far more risks than those unvaccinated

But loads of unvaccinated people are unsympathetic too.

Surely thats exactly why everyone who can vaccinated should be.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

This is why I am extra cautious now, we have no idea who has it, a super spreader Infected 19 people from one football game shown at a local pub here, the person had no symptoms and is double vaxxed, he only found out from work testing him the next day as a routine testing

Testing minimum twice a week is so important

Hope your friend is OK bluebell x

"They expect us to walk around with it from August (2 jabbed folk)

and hopefully you'd get tested just to be sure. My partners symptoms started off as hay fever symptoms then got worse , that,s when he had a test"

Yes of course

I can't trust the lateral flows at home

I've had both jabs. 2nd in March. Tested positive last Thursday. Been in bed 3days. Knocked me for six..

I work in a hospital on the intensive care unit but caught from my daughter who works in a small office...

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

"It's great news if her vaccine derived immunity keeps her safe, though sad she'll miss her holiday.

With cases rising so much, now is the time to double down on doing the things that we can to help to protect others. . To me the whole point of vaccinating everyone who is vulnerable is that “others” don’t need protecting."

Huh? The point of vaccines are to protect everyone.

» Add a new message to this topic