FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Mandatory vaccination

Mandatory vaccination

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *heBirminghamWeekend OP   Man  over a year ago

here

A little unfair to discuss the mandatory vaccination of carers on a mask wearing thread - so I’ve moved it here.

I’m concerned with mandatory vaccination for carers being voted through in the Commons this evening.

Massive change for the country - all on the back of a 90 minute debate in an almost empty chamber.

It’s concerning that something so fundamentally important involving aspects of medical ethics and human rights has been presented for a brief 90 minute debate, with very little information and at the last minute, resulting in a near empty chamber.

The Legislation Scrutiny Committee had called for the vote on mandatory vaccines to be deferred as “scrutiny is impossible due to a lack of all practical detail, no impact assessment, no articulated justification, no response to human rights issues raised”

I thought people cared about how the government of the day acts to uphold our rights and protections?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

To be honest I agree with it being mandatory. I had to have my vaccines to start my job. It was on my contract

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

As I said and showed in the other thread, it was not sneakily done, it wasn't rushed through, it's not affecting anyone's rights. It was public knowledge weeks ago.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/everyone-working-in-care-homes-to-be-fully-vaccinated-under-new-law-to-protect-residents

By *aptain BarbarossaMan  over a year ago

Hampton, Pboro

I sometimes feel like I've woken up in a country full of idiots.

The vaccines save lives. Not only is taking a vaccine protecting you, it protects others. People who work for the vaccine manufacturers have had the jab, so have healthcare professionals, from nurses and GPs to senior medical staff.

I had a BCG jab when I was 13, didn't have a choice. TB is almost unheard of now. Same as the polio vaccine. When I go abroad, I have you check what vaccines I need.

It's not a new thing! So why the resistance to being vaccinated?

By *ussymufferMan  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"I sometimes feel like I've woken up in a country full of idiots.

The vaccines save lives. Not only is taking a vaccine protecting you, it protects others. People who work for the vaccine manufacturers have had the jab, so have healthcare professionals, from nurses and GPs to senior medical staff.

I had a BCG jab when I was 13, didn't have a choice. TB is almost unheard of now. Same as the polio vaccine. When I go abroad, I have you check what vaccines I need.

It's not a new thing! So why the resistance to being vaccinated?"

the vaccines you talk about here do stop you getting the illness this one you still catch and spread covid I don't call it a vaccine it's just like a flu jab it can make people ill and lots of people getting bad side effects from it just like the flu jab.

The health professionals can't even tell us how long it will give people immunity and how many jabs people will need and there is no long term data on it as its only about 7 months in to a mass trial

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I work for the nhs we have many compulsory vaccines and I think covid should be one of them even though this bill doesn’t currently affect us. We also have a lot of pressure on us to have a flu vaccine although it’s not compulsory

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

--------

the vaccines you talk about here do stop you getting the illness this one you still catch and spread covid I don't call it a vaccine it's just like a flu jab it can make people ill and lots of people getting bad side effects from it just like the flu jab.

The health professionals can't even tell us how long it will give people immunity and how many jabs people will need and there is no long term data on it as its only about 7 months in to a mass trial "

All vaccines have a limited success, and all basically work in the same way. The purpose of a vaccine is to teach your immune system what to do. It is completely irrelevant whether YOU call it a "vaccine" or not, it most certainly is one.

In addition, the covid vaccines have been proven to reduce infection by 85% and transmission by 65%... so a vaccinated person is 93% less likely to become infected & then infect someone else.

As for long-term data, the initial trials started around 16 months ago. So there is a substantial period of long term data. History has shown us that 99% of adverse effects from vaccines occur very soon after being jabbed, so the risk of long term effects is "statistically" low.

The reason why the experts cannot tell us how long the vaccines protect us for is because: Test subjects are still protected, an indication of the longevity of the protection will only be available when the level of protection has sufficiently diminish... this is a positive thing.

Cal

TB is not unheard of now, around 1.4million people die from it every year, just because it’s not front page news, it doesn’t mean it’s not there

here

"As I said and showed in the other thread, it was not sneakily done, it wasn't rushed through, it's not affecting anyone's rights. It was public knowledge weeks ago.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/everyone-working-in-care-homes-to-be-fully-vaccinated-under-new-law-to-protect-residents

"

What you have quoted is a press release.

The amendment with the draft of the legislation was presented to the commons yesterday, for a 90 minute debate

23 MP’s in the chamber (4 on the opposition side)

The motion promised an impact statement - there wasn’t one

Profound change has been made via secondary legislation - this isn’t right, and the lack of scrutiny and debate is worrying.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"As I said and showed in the other thread, it was not sneakily done, it wasn't rushed through, it's not affecting anyone's rights. It was public knowledge weeks ago.

The amendment with the draft of the legislation was presented to the commons yesterday, for a 90 minute debate

Profound change has been made via secondary legislation - this isn’t right, and the lack of scrutiny and debate is worrying.

"

Others including some prominent members of their own party have been rightly calling out this government and how it has operated, using the pandemic as a shield..

It's not democracy as we have a right to expect but it's how they've been and will do till parliament returns..

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

It's not a new thing! So why the resistance to being vaccinated?the vaccines you talk about here do stop you getting the illness this one you still catch and spread covid I don't call it a vaccine it's just like a flu jab it can make people ill and lots of people getting bad side effects from it just like the flu jab.

The health professionals can't even tell us how long it will give people immunity and how many jabs people will need and there is no long term data on it as its only about 7 months in to a mass trial "

You do know that the vacinnes you are talking about also have an element of effectiveness to them.

But they work so well due to the % coverage in the population.

Also they have been improved over many years to improve that effectiveness.

And most importantly the disease they are made to combat is a relatively stable disease and the vaccine prevents the disease from entering cells where it could mutate.

This does not mean they don't mutate, but it makes it alot harder.

Given another 20-30 years I'm sure the covid vaccines will improve their general effectiveness.

But as a society we can have 20 years of lockdowns and +100k deaths a year whilst we wait for a more effective level of protection.

Indeed if you waited that long the disease could keep mutating and perfecting itself.

You will never get that silver bullet as all medicine comes with a failure rate and side effects.

Dudley

"

Yes, but to say it suddenly got pushed through yesterday with little information and only on the back of a 90 minute debate is inaccurate.

here

Yes, but to say it suddenly got pushed through yesterday with little information and only on the back of a 90 minute debate is inaccurate. "

It's been tagged onto an existing Bill as an amendment - secondary legislation.

The actual details of which were only laid out a few days ago by the Government.

The only debate that has taken place was the 90 minutes it received yesterday, with 23 MPs.

It's wholly inaccurate to suggest this legislation has received proper scrutiny - it hasn't - and given it's importance in what it does within society, will have far-reaching consequences in the coming months/years.

Unless you have details of when the actual legislation has been scrutinised and debated by MPs?

By *nicecoupleXCouple  over a year ago

Hitch

"A little unfair to discuss the mandatory vaccination of carers on a mask wearing thread - so I’ve moved it here.

I’m concerned with mandatory vaccination for carers being voted through in the Commons this evening.

Massive change for the country - all on the back of a 90 minute debate in an almost empty chamber.

It’s concerning that something so fundamentally important involving aspects of medical ethics and human rights has been presented for a brief 90 minute debate, with very little information and at the last minute, resulting in a near empty chamber.

The Legislation Scrutiny Committee had called for the vote on mandatory vaccines to be deferred as “scrutiny is impossible due to a lack of all practical detail, no impact assessment, no articulated justification, no response to human rights issues raised”

I thought people cared about how the government of the day acts to uphold our rights and protections?"

Any medical procedure that is mandatory is the most authoritarian/ communist style thing this country has done. It will not stop on care homes. People laughed when I said I will be mandatory and will begin in care homes

Then hospitals, then flights, then cinemas ,football grounds etc.

Very dark times ahead

here

"A little unfair to discuss the mandatory vaccination of carers on a mask wearing thread - so I’ve moved it here.

I thought people cared about how the government of the day acts to uphold our rights and protections?

Any medical procedure that is mandatory is the most authoritarian/ communist style thing this country has done. It will not stop on care homes. People laughed when I said I will be mandatory and will begin in care homes

Then hospitals, then flights, then cinemas ,football grounds etc.

Very dark times ahead "

Indeed, and the scope of this amendment doesn't stop at frontline care workers.

I thought people cared about how the government of the day acts to uphold our rights and protections?"

we have no rights because all the brainwashed sheep

Dudley

I thought people cared about how the government of the day acts to uphold our rights and protections?we have no rights because all the brainwashed sheep "

Yes, you have no rights

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

Some jobs require vaccines and I agree that this should be one of them, they are caring for the vulnerable after all.

By *igNick1381Man  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

In a world where government corruption and incompetence are rife, it baffles me how many people are happy that these entities are imposing more rule's upon us

Of course they say it's for the good of others. But these people couldn't care less when, pre 2019, people were dying left and right of the flu because they themselves felt they were not at risk. Classic 'I'm alright Jack'. Now they think their neck is on the chopping block they're all for lockdowns and medical intervention, not only for them but for others

It's cowardice parading as compassion

Dudley

"In a world where government corruption and incompetence are rife, it baffles me how many people are happy that these entities are imposing more rule's upon us

Of course they say it's for the good of others. But these people couldn't care less when, pre 2019, people were dying left and right of the flu because they themselves felt they were not at risk. Classic 'I'm alright Jack'. Now they think their neck is on the chopping block they're all for lockdowns and medical intervention, not only for them but for others

It's cowardice parading as compassion"

Or, there are some of us that genuinely give a shit about other people and want them to feel safe in their own homes.

It doesn't matter who is making this rule, that's what many of you seem to be stuck on, it matters that this rule protects the most vulnerable, those that rely on others to give them basic care, those that need their carers to have the highest level of protection they can.

For the record, I've had the flu jab for years, not because I need it, I don't, but because I care for someone that could be affected badly if she caught the flu.

Caring isn't cowardice.

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

"In a world where government corruption and incompetence are rife, it baffles me how many people are happy that these entities are imposing more rule's upon us

It's cowardice parading as compassion

Or, there are some of us that genuinely give a shit about other people and want them to feel safe in their own homes.

It doesn't matter who is making this rule, that's what many of you seem to be stuck on, it matters that this rule protects the most vulnerable, those that rely on others to give them basic care, those that need their carers to have the highest level of protection they can.

For the record, I've had the flu jab for years, not because I need it, I don't, but because I care for someone that could be affected badly if she caught the flu.

Caring isn't cowardice. "

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's not a new thing! So why the resistance to being vaccinated?the vaccines you talk about here do stop you getting the illness this one you still catch and spread covid I don't call it a vaccine it's just like a flu jab it can make people ill and lots of people getting bad side effects from it just like the flu jab.

Shame there wasn't much that was factually correct in your post.

The vaccines limit recipients' chances of getting infected and also reduce their infectivity to others.

All treatments will have side effects but the overriding evidence is that these are generally very safe and amazingly effective, above the level of other common vaccines.

Of course we can't yet say how long the immunity from each of them lasts - but each new day gives us an extra day of evidence. They seem to be supportive of the projections from research trial evidence. We can all be happy and proud that they are helping us to fulfill our needs for greater protection and relaxation of restrictions.

Central

I thought people cared about how the government of the day acts to uphold our rights and protections?we have no rights because all the brainwashed sheep "

There are not many restrictions in England and it's those of the woolly coat brigade who are appearing ever more that they won't resist the urge to bleat and follow each other around

Worth adding it won't be made compulsory in Wales

Not sure what the crack is in Scotland and N. I??

here

"Worth adding it won't be made compulsory in Wales

Not sure what the crack is in Scotland and N. I?? "

That is an interesting point.

By *JB1954Man  over a year ago

Reading

As far as I am aware. France and Greece are also bringing this . Deadline is for those countries October time. So other EU countries will follow?

"Worth adding it won't be made compulsory in Wales

Not sure what the crack is in Scotland and N. I??

That is an interesting point.

"

As far as I'm aware this legislation will apply to England only

"

You're preaching to a room full woke covid fear mongers. They can't question the narrative for fear of being branded a "conspiracy nut job" by their fellow NPCs

".

You're preaching to a room full woke covid fear mongers. They can't question the narrative for fear of being branded a "conspiracy nut job" by their fellow NPCs "

This sounds like it was written by a chat bot whose only training set was the daily mail comments section. Thick as mince.

Dudley

You're preaching to a room full woke covid fear mongers. They can't question the narrative for fear of being branded a "conspiracy nut job" by their fellow NPCs "

Are you really calling us NPC's when you just spout out some random crap and add 'prove me wrong' in most of your posts? You're funny.

By *luttyLaylaWoman  over a year ago

North West

Heath workers have had to have mandatory vaccines for years... was always going to happen.

It's cowardice parading as compassion"

What a load of rubbish.

In your bed

Interestingly the virus threads have exposed a side of people that is rarely seen in the standard forum threads.

It may help people avoid those who cnat have civilised conversations. Normally it would take a few messages or even a meeting to work out that someone is a bit of a dick.

Here at least they are openly declaring it.

So maybe when the virus forum has had its day a new political debate forum should replace it as it will cut through the usual facade

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

".

You're preaching to a room full woke covid fear mongers. They can't question the narrative for fear of being branded a "conspiracy nut job" by their fellow NPCs

This sounds like it was written by a chat bot whose only training set was the daily mail comments section. Thick as mince. "

Hey my mince finds that comparison offensive

By *electmaleMan  over a year ago

Dublin

Will it be mandatory for infants ?

By *drianukMan  over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

"Interestingly the virus threads have exposed a side of people that is rarely seen in the standard forum threads.

It may help people avoid those who cnat have civilised conversations. Normally it would take a few messages or even a meeting to work out that someone is a bit of a dick.

So maybe when the virus forum has had its day a new political debate forum should replace it as it will cut through the usual facade"

Agreed. A very intolerant and authoritarian side has been revealed. They can't abide anyone who strays from the orthodoxy

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

They can debate it all they want but with a very nice 80 odd seat majority we kindly gave them they can basically do anything they want now and we just have to suck it baby and take it on the chin !! and so we are looking forward to even worse than a little prick ...xxxx

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I work in a care home and yes I have had my vaccine but no I don't believe it should be mandatory for people to get it. While most of us did it get anyhow .What I find contradictory is people who don't work in care homes and haven't had the vaccine and won't have it who think we all should have it to work in care have no issue at all with but walking into a care home to visit their relatives. This is the biggest risk to the people in care homes but somehow they can't see that.

Dudley

"Interestingly the virus threads have exposed a side of people that is rarely seen in the standard forum threads.

So maybe when the virus forum has had its day a new political debate forum should replace it as it will cut through the usual facade

Agreed. A very intolerant and authoritarian side has been revealed. They can't abide anyone who strays from the orthodoxy"

There are people on both sides doing it.

By *anesjhCouple  over a year ago

LONDON.

So maybe when the virus forum has had its day a new political debate forum should replace it as it will cut through the usual facade"

By *arklong88Man  over a year ago

portslade

Forcing health workers now is very unfair.the vaccine has only been around for a year and they are still tweaking the dosage and realizing some are better than others for different age groups.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Think yourself lucky in France from tuesday everyone will have to have a health pass to access most leisure and cultural spaces also to travel on intercity trains to work in a café or restaurant to enter shopping centres along with all health workers, the good thing about it is that it has causes a rush for people to get vaccinated.

In your bed

Agreed. A very intolerant and authoritarian side has been revealed. They can't abide anyone who strays from the orthodoxy"

I have no issues with people having different views it's the way they express them that shines out.

You can believe in law and order and rules without being an ass, equally you can believe in fewer rules and a more individualistic society without being offensive to those with different options

I think anyone who doesn’t get vaccinated is an idiot (unless science tells them definitively that it would be more dangerous to have it than not).

I’m not comfortable with idiots looking after our most vulnerable but we are where we are, and even idiots have human rights. I had to have vaccines when I took my job but I knew that and although it didn’t factor into my decision I was still aware of it. I’m very uncomfortable with telling someone that unless they are vaccinated they are getting the sack.

Yes, they are fucking idiots who are putting other people’s lives at risk because they believe some tosser on Facebook over science but they still have rights.

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

"I think anyone who doesn’t get vaccinated is an idiot (unless science tells them definitively that it would be more dangerous to have it than not).

I’m not comfortable with idiots looking after our most vulnerable but we are where we are, and even idiots have human rights. I had to have vaccines when I took my job but I knew that and although it didn’t factor into my decision I was still aware of it. I’m very uncomfortable with telling someone that unless they are vaccinated they are getting the sack.

Yes, they are fucking idiots who are putting other people’s lives at risk because they believe some tosser on Facebook over science but they still have rights."

I understand your point, but the people being cared for and in a vulnerable situation also have ‘human rights’. Ultimately we cannot satisfy everyones rights - the vulnerable cannot choose where they get their care, so sadly for those working in care areas, if they don’t have a vaccination then they cannot work with the vulnerable. We can’t just say it breaches their rights if it raises the risks for others.

"I work in a care home and yes I have had my vaccine but no I don't believe it should be mandatory for people to get it. While most of us did it get anyhow .What I find contradictory is people who don't work in care homes and haven't had the vaccine and won't have it who think we all should have it to work in care have no issue at all with but walking into a care home to visit their relatives. This is the biggest risk to the people in care homes but somehow they can't see that. "

If England are making it compulsory for care home staff then they should also make it a condition for unrestricted visits, otherwise the visitors should be prepared to continue with distanced visits with masks should they opt not to be vaccinated

"I work in a care home and yes I have had my vaccine but no I don't believe it should be mandatory for people to get it. While most of us did it get anyhow .What I find contradictory is people who don't work in care homes and haven't had the vaccine and won't have it who think we all should have it to work in care have no issue at all with but walking into a care home to visit their relatives. This is the biggest risk to the people in care homes but somehow they can't see that.

If England are making it compulsory for care home staff then they should also make it a condition for unrestricted visits, otherwise the visitors should be prepared to continue with distanced visits with masks should they opt not to be vaccinated

"

I agree with this and feel it should be compulsory for residents, the visitors and staff obviously with provision made for those who for whatever Can't have it.

Dudley

"I work in a care home and yes I have had my vaccine but no I don't believe it should be mandatory for people to get it. While most of us did it get anyhow .What I find contradictory is people who don't work in care homes and haven't had the vaccine and won't have it who think we all should have it to work in care have no issue at all with but walking into a care home to visit their relatives. This is the biggest risk to the people in care homes but somehow they can't see that.

"

Totally agree.

I agree with this and feel it should be compulsory for residents, the visitors and staff obviously with provision made for those who for whatever Can't have it. "

If they're making it compulsory for staff then anyone else having close contact with residents should be treated exactly the same otherwise it makes no sense

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

I agree with this and feel it should be compulsory for residents, the visitors and staff obviously with provision made for those who for whatever Can't have it. "

Bloody hell I agree with Lorna

Seriously though its a good point. If the care staff have to vaccinated then so should visitors unless medically exempt.

KJ

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

"TB is not unheard of now, around 1.4million people die from it every year, just because it’s not front page news, it doesn’t mean it’s not there "

TB is 'returning' because of drug resistance, primarily. It is also extremely common in lesser developed countries, and in deprived areas of developed economies; and also amongst certain vulnerable groups.

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

"Some jobs require vaccines and I agree that this should be one of them, they are caring for the vulnerable after all. "

Mandatory vaccination in this instance, and in others too, is a sound decision. This is not a global PLANDEMIC.

By *ockle77Man  over a year ago

mids

Anyone here looked on the yellow card gov.uk site per chance ? And advocating forced jabbing .really who would be ok taking their child/ grandchild for it

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Mandatory does not mean it’s law ... and this hasn’t been made law

By *entlemanrogueMan  over a year ago

Motherwell

[Removed by poster at 15/07/21 20:51:59]

Flintshire

"Anyone here looked on the yellow card gov.uk site per chance ? And advocating forced jabbing .really who would be ok taking their child/ grandchild for it "

Yep I’m aware of yellow card ... my grandchildren will not be jabbed

Dudley

"Anyone here looked on the yellow card gov.uk site per chance ? And advocating forced jabbing .really who would be ok taking their child/ grandchild for it "

What do you think the yellow card scheme data shows?

Dudley

"Anyone here looked on the yellow card gov.uk site per chance ? And advocating forced jabbing .really who would be ok taking their child/ grandchild for it

Yep I’m aware of yellow card ... my grandchildren will not be jabbed "

That's up to their parents.

"Anyone here looked on the yellow card gov.uk site per chance ? And advocating forced jabbing .really who would be ok taking their child/ grandchild for it

Yep I’m aware of yellow card ... my grandchildren will not be jabbed "

That isn't down to you.

Flintshire

Yep I’m aware of yellow card ... my grandchildren will not be jabbed

That isn't down to you."

No it’s my son and daughter in law... and they won’t be having it !!!

By *moothCriminal_xMan  over a year ago

Redditch

No. Get the vaccine or get a job where your selfish ignorance wont kill people. It should be mandatory for all nhs staff too. Care operator licences should depend on 100% vaccinated employees.

Flintshire

No. Get the vaccine or get a job where your selfish ignorance wont kill people. It should be mandatory for all nhs staff too. Care operator licences should depend on 100% vaccinated employees."

Aren’t you just a caring soul .... not .... my health is more important then some minimum wage job ....!

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

What about those 27000 that died from the vaccine I think this would also get brought up in the house so it's impossible

No. Get the vaccine or get a job where your selfish ignorance wont kill people. It should be mandatory for all nhs staff too. Care operator licences should depend on 100% vaccinated employees.

Aren’t you just a caring soul .... not .... my health is more important then some minimum wage job ....!"

And more important than the vaunable people who rely on those workers?

"What about those 27000 that died from the vaccine I think this would also get brought up in the house so it's impossible"

That is globally Add 3.4 billion vaccine doses have been delivered into peoples arms globally.

--------

The health professionals can't even tell us how long it will give people immunity and how many jabs people will need and there is no long term data on it as its only about 7 months in to a mass trial

All vaccines have a limited success, and all basically work in the same way. The purpose of a vaccine is to teach your immune system what to do. It is completely irrelevant whether YOU call it a "vaccine" or not, it most certainly is one.

In addition, the covid vaccines have been proven to reduce infection by 85% and transmission by 65%... so a vaccinated person is 93% less likely to become infected & then infect someone else.

As for long-term data, the initial trials started around 16 months ago. So there is a substantial period of long term data. History has shown us that 99% of adverse effects from vaccines occur very soon after being jabbed, so the risk of long term effects is "statistically" low.

The reason why the experts cannot tell us how long the vaccines protect us for is because: Test subjects are still protected, an indication of the longevity of the protection will only be available when the level of protection has sufficiently diminish... this is a positive thing.

Cal"

You obviously haven't heard the views of the previous vice president of Pfizer Dr Michael Yeadon. He warns of the huge dangers of these mRNA injections which is a huge threat that could lead to mass depopulation. He refuses to take this injection and warns others not to also. Yes the ex Vice president of Pfizer says this. Think I'll listen to him rather than our lying media and lying politicians any day.

I've noticed a lot of pro vaccine people are very aggressive in putting their opinion across.

"I've noticed a lot of pro vaccine people are very aggressive in putting their opinion across.

"

As are the anti vaxxers.

here

"Will it be mandatory for infants ? "

Not at the moment

"Will it be mandatory for infants ?

Not at the moment "

Its not mandatory for anyone.

People have a choice.

If their work place requires it then you still have a choice.

Spain, Lancs

What nasty intolerance we see here from those who want mandatory vaccination.

So someone who hasn't been vaxed can't work. Then that person can't go in a pub. Or a restaurant.

Then, because the principle has passed without resistance, they can't travel. They can't walk on the streets. They can't have a holiday.

They wouldn't be able to go in a shop

They are a non-person. May as well send them to a gulag.

All because a government declares there is a serious illness around.

The coronavirus episode has shown what a fine set of fascists this country has in it's population

"I've noticed a lot of pro vaccine people are very aggressive in putting their opinion across.

As are the anti vaxxers.

"

The full on ones are amusing though it has to be said. Fair enough believing some conspiracy theories but some people must think anything electrical is spying on them!!

As are the anti vaxxers.

The full on ones are amusing though it has to be said. Fair enough believing some conspiracy theories but some people must think anything electrical is spying on them!!

"

Except their phones, which really are spying on them.

Dudley

"What about those 27000 that died from the vaccine I think this would also get brought up in the house so it's impossible"

Could you share a link to where you read that please?

Spain, Lancs

"What about those 27000 that died from the vaccine I think this would also get brought up in the house so it's impossible

Could you share a link to where you read that please?"

You know they are safe, do you?

Could you provide a link to evidence for that, please?

here

"Will it be mandatory for infants ?

Not at the moment

Its not mandatory for anyone.

People have a choice.

If their work place requires it then you still have a choice. "

The Amendement was voted on 13th and has passed.

The details of the amendment can be viewed

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukdsi/2021/9780348224993

Dudley

"What about those 27000 that died from the vaccine I think this would also get brought up in the house so it's impossible

Could you provide a link to evidence for that, please?"

I havent made any claims here so I have nothing I need to back up with evidence.

As are the anti vaxxers.

"

That is not a conspiracy my Alexa is definitely listening!

Spain, Lancs

I havent made any claims here so I have nothing I need to back up with evidence. "

You believe it's safe? Can you provide evidence of that?

As are the anti vaxxers.

That is not a conspiracy my Alexa is definitely listening! "

Think that was a bit of a bad analogy really as most electrical things probably are listening to them

My mate got a cake out of his smart fridge the other day and it called him a greedy bastard!!

As are the anti vaxxers.

Think that was a bit of a bad analogy really as most electrical things probably are listening to them

My mate got a cake out of his smart fridge the other day and it called him a greedy bastard!!"

Ohh I need a fridge that calls me out.

Dudley

I havent made any claims here so I have nothing I need to back up with evidence.

You believe it's safe? Can you provide evidence of that?"

Can you provide evidence you aren't just trying to start an argument?

I asked someone else for a link, not you, I didn't make any other comment about his post, I simply asked for a link. I want to read the article/post where it said that there have been 27000 deaths from the vaccine.

As are the anti vaxxers.

My mate got a cake out of his smart fridge the other day and it called him a greedy bastard!!

Ohh I need a fridge that calls me out. "

Just thinking how funny it would be...grab cake out of the fridge...shut door and fridge shouts 'oi put that back you greedy sod'

I asked someone else for a link, not you, I didn't make any other comment about his post, I simply asked for a link. I want to read the article/post where it said that there have been 27000 deaths from the vaccine.

"

I did look at this and does seem about right but that is globally and compared to 3.something billion doses of vaccine given.

As are the anti vaxxers.

Ohh I need a fridge that calls me out.

Just thinking how funny it would be...grab cake out of the fridge...shut door and fridge shouts 'oi put that back you greedy sod'"

Well that's all I need my fridge judging me.

Dudley

I did look at this and does seem about right but that is globally and compared to 3.something billion doses of vaccine given. "

Yeah, I literally just wanted to read whatever the guy had read

I did look at this and does seem about right but that is globally and compared to 3.something billion doses of vaccine given.

Yeah, I literally just wanted to read whatever the guy had read "

The only thing I found was on the Who website if that helps.

Spain, Lancs

Yeah, I literally just wanted to read whatever the guy had read "

I can't remember the exact figure but the point is quite complex.

It is:

Among 85-year-olds, who are the vast majority of coronavirus deaths, there is a greater gain by risking the vaccine than by not taking it.

Among 70-year-ilds it is also advantageous.

Among those with serious comorbidities there is also a gain.

As you go down the age range there is, at some stage, a cross-over point at which the vaccine is more of a risk than the illness.

Among healthy children, hardly any of whom have died of the illness, the vaccine represents more of a risk to health than coronavirus

It is:

Among 85-year-olds, who are the vast majority of coronavirus deaths, there is a greater gain by risking the vaccine than by not taking it.

As you go down the age range there is, at some stage, a cross-over point at which the vaccine is more of a risk than the illness.

Among healthy children, hardly any of whom have died of the illness, the vaccine represents more of a risk to health than coronavirus"

Citation needed.

Spain, Lancs

It is:

Among healthy children, hardly any of whom have died of the illness, the vaccine represents more of a risk to health than coronavirus

Citation needed. "

Very lazy trick

Ah yes, asking you to provide evidence for your claims is a trick.

That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Chudleigh

Isn’t it really quite simple:

If I work in Care and don’t get vaccinated, then I think my life is more important than those in Care.

If you don’t want to be vaccinated, get another job. The people you ‘care for’, deserve better.

Spain, Lancs

"Ah yes, asking you to provide evidence for your claims is a trick.

That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought it was actually the Fab website but it was actually a court of law all along.

Silly me!

"

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought it was actually the Fab website but it was actually a court of law all along.

Silly me! "

Nowt do to with law, just general principles of debate. So yes, silly you.

This is like playing chess with a pigeon.

Spain, Lancs

"

Silly me!

Nowt do to with law, just general principles of debate. So yes, silly you.

This is like playing chess with a pigeon. "

Citation needed

".

Citation needed"

I see we're at the shitting on the board and declaring victory stage of pigeon chess. How predictable.

By *ustforfun49Man  over a year ago

chesterfield

Just because the chamber was nearly empty no one was watching and listening the others would be on line watching.

Spain, Lancs

".

Citation needed

I see we're at the shitting on the board and declaring victory stage of pigeon chess. How predictable. "

I have said that risk of death decreases as you strip age and comorbidities out.

You disagree.

Can you provide evidence of that? Please do so without personal abuse

".

Citation needed

I see we're at the shitting on the board and declaring victory stage of pigeon chess. How predictable.

I have said that risk of death decreases as you strip age and comorbidities out.

You disagree.

Can you provide evidence of that? Please do so without personal abuse"

You're attempting to shift the burden of proof. That's not how this works, I'm afraid. You made several statements, you back them up.

By *igNick1381Man  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/covid-pandemic-mortality-risk-estimator

I don't know if anyone will find this of use

It is:

Citation needed. "

Van Tamm was talking about this months ago at one of the daily briefings. That’s the reason they held off vaccinating children.

It’s hardly a tin foil theory.

Spain, Lancs

".

Citation needed

You disagree.

Can you provide evidence of that? Please do so without personal abuse

You're attempting to shift the burden of proof. That's not how this works, I'm afraid. You made several statements, you back them up."

Yawn

"

Yawn"

I look forward to reading your paper in Nature.

Spain, Lancs

"

Yawn

I look forward to reading your paper in Nature."

Ooh

Do you two want to take your fight behind the bike shed.

Dudley

It is:

Among healthy children, hardly any of whom have died of the illness, the vaccine represents more of a risk to health than coronavirus"

Again, I didn't ask you. That also wasn't the information I requested.

By *ockle77Man  over a year ago

mids

Regardless of all the huffing and puffing going on here ,no one knows the long term effects of these vaccines ,due to its infancy that is an irrefutable fact .it’s like the vaxed know they’ve dropped a bollock and wanna make sure everyone ends up in the same boat as them .

Scunthorpe

"Regardless of all the huffing and puffing going on here ,no one knows the long term effects of these vaccines ,due to its infancy that is an irrefutable fact .it’s like the vaxed know they’ve dropped a bollock and wanna make sure everyone ends up in the same boat as them ."

It's not an "irrefutable fact", the delivery systems used to create these vaccines are well tested over many years (Often decades), the only component that is different is the "Identifying spike" that makes the vaccine Covid-19 specific. There is also move than a year of actual test data from the trials of these vaccines now, which is as much or more than most other new medications.

The only reason why these vaccines we created & released so quickly, is because the funding came first. Usually when developing new drugs, there is a long process of making presentations & bidding for funding to allow the next phase of development & testing to go ahead... in the case of THESE vaccines, they didn't need to wait for accountants to decide that the "product would be profitable" before they could progress to the next stage.

Cal

Scunthorpe

It is:

Citation needed.

Van Tamm was talking about this months ago at one of the daily briefings. That’s the reason they held off vaccinating children.

It’s hardly a tin foil theory."

The studies into vaccinating children have actually suggested that children are not having issues with side effects. In Israel earlier in the year, the rolled out a vaccination project of children with serious underlying conditions. The head of Israel’s vaccine taskforce, Boaz Lev, said, “We didn’t see any major side effects, and even minor [ones] are quite rare. This is encouraging.”

Cal

You believe it's safe? Can you provide evidence of that?"

I’m starting to think you can’t back up your claims.

"Regardless of all the huffing and puffing going on here ,no one knows the long term effects of these vaccines ,due to its infancy that is an irrefutable fact .it’s like the vaxed know they’ve dropped a bollock and wanna make sure everyone ends up in the same boat as them .

It's not an "irrefutable fact", the delivery systems used to create these vaccines are well tested over many years (Often decades), the only component that is different is the "Identifying spike" that makes the vaccine Covid-19 specific. There is also move than a year of actual test data from the trials of these vaccines now, which is as much or more than most other new medications.

The only reason why these vaccines we created & released so quickly, is because the funding came first. Usually when developing new drugs, there is a long process of making presentations & bidding for funding to allow the next phase of development & testing to go ahead... in the case of THESE vaccines, they didn't need to wait for accountants to decide that the "product would be profitable" before they could progress to the next stage.

Cal"

Former Pfizer Vice Michael Yeadon disagrees and says this mRNA injection roll out should be stopped Now and that it is a clear danger everyone including those who come into close proximity with those who've taken it.

Many top scientists agree with him and as more people learn about this the larger the protests get.

No way in a million years would any right minded parent inject this stuff into their children.

"Regardless of all the huffing and puffing going on here ,no one knows the long term effects of these vaccines ,due to its infancy that is an irrefutable fact .it’s like the vaxed know they’ve dropped a bollock and wanna make sure everyone ends up in the same boat as them .

Cal

Former Pfizer Vice Michael Yeadon disagrees and says this mRNA injection roll out should be stopped Now and that it is a clear danger everyone including those who come into close proximity with those who've taken it.

Many top scientists agree with him and as more people learn about this the larger the protests get.

No way in a million years would any right minded parent inject this stuff into their children.

"

I would add to that Dr Robert Malone inventor of mRNA technology says exactly the same thing, however a of course now trusted communist behavioral scientist and politicians should.....

Last year Johnson and Johnson the lead Pharma in the USA payed out 573 millions dollars in fines for the opioid crises they created in the USA, thousands of clinicians were involved. On all the US news channels , every head of them sits on the board of a Pharma company.

It's like going into a restaurantand asking the waiter what's the food like? He's hardly going to say rubbish, go somewhere else.......

Yeadon is fucking bonkers. He's truly departed from any credibility he might've had. If you're going to fanboi to him, you might as well go the full Icke.

"

I would add to that Dr Robert Malone inventor of mRNA technology says exactly the same thing, however a of course now trusted communist behavioral scientist and politicians should.....

......."

Where to even begin? Malone didn't invent mRNA vaccines. He was first author on a paper published in 1989 that introduced lipd-encapsulated RNA into a cell line. The cell line then produced more luciferase than what would be expected. His research output following this paper seems to be limited to several secondary author papers and slide into anti-vaxxer nonsense. He's not someone you'd want to pin a credible argument on.

Here's the paper: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC297778/

It takes 5 minutes to fact check this stuff but of course you'd rather copy pasta from dubious sources.

Actually it seems they capped the luciferase mRNA with B globin intronic sequence to increase yield which is pretty clever. Didn't quite pick that up on first scan of the abstract.

Still pretty fallacious to go down the argument from authority route though. Add to the Yeadon and Mullis pile.

Spain, Lancs

It is:

Again, I didn't ask you. That also wasn't the information I requested. "

This is a public discussion forum

"

this is the policy where we work. If it's a fully vaccinated person now, they can meet more face to face but we are still encouraging it to be outside. If not vaccinated then we use the hub for visits.

"

Where to even begin? Malone didn't invent mRNA vaccines. He was first author on a paper published in 1989 that introduced lipd-encapsulated RNA into a cell line. The cell line then produced more luciferase than what would be expected. His research output following this paper seems to be limited to several secondary author papers and slide into anti-vaxxer nonsense. He's not someone you'd want to pin a credible argument on.

Here's the paper: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC297778/

It takes 5 minutes to fact check this stuff but of course you'd rather copy pasta from dubious sources.

"

In fairness I never stated he'd invented vaccines, not the first to discover it. You state 5 minutes to research it, it would take seconds to read exactly what I wrote.

I'll put some rolling eyes to make my case sound better

In your bed

"Yeadon is fucking bonkers. He's truly departed from any credibility he might've had. If you're going to fanboi to him, you might as well go the full Icke."

Yep just read up on him and basically he is pushing lots of false information.

E.g. If you are symptom free you can't transmit the virus.

This is so obviously incorrect and yet some people will follow it.

"

In fairness I never stated he'd invented vaccines, not the first to discover it. You state 5 minutes to research it, it would take seconds to read exactly what I wrote.

I'll put some rolling eyes to make my case sound better "

You didn't but it's important to clarify that mRNA technology is only a part of the vaccination strategy.

Roll your eyes all you like, you copy pasta'd that about Malone in an attempt to give some authority to the anti-vax "argument". Much in the same way people mention Mullis and Yeadon.

here

this is the policy where we work. If it's a fully vaccinated person now, they can meet more face to face but we are still encouraging it to be outside. If not vaccinated then we use the hub for visits. "

That's interesting as there is provision for non-vaccinated persons to visit.

The key aspect here however is with the legislation mandating the vaccination for temporary service persons who may be required to undertake work in the care setting.

In other words it's not only the front line care worker that is impacted by this legislation.

Dudley

It is:

Again, I didn't ask you. That also wasn't the information I requested.

This is a public discussion forum"

Yes, it isn't a forum for you to put words in my mouth and harass me.

By *bostCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

We’ve no issue with mandatory vaccines, especially for health workers. Health workers already need their hepatitis vaccines compulsory, so why not this too?

By *JB1954Man  over a year ago

Reading

As a poster put, saying if vaccines are needed for care workers etc. Then France and Greece must already be facist states? France as of Monday, require that to just go out to any type of public type place then persons have to have proof of vaccine jab or negative test. Health workers will have to have vaccine by Autumn ? or no job and no pay. Greece introducing similar. How long before other countries do same. ?

North West

"We’ve no issue with mandatory vaccines, especially for health workers. Health workers already need their hepatitis vaccines compulsory, so why not this too?"

Have been for years too...

flu jabs, whilst not mandatory, are heavily pushed, expected and incentivised too.

People who didn’t work in health care just didn’t mind then cos it didn’t affect them lol. Now they are worried everyone might need to have it to do certain things they are bothered lol

this is the policy where we work. If it's a fully vaccinated person now, they can meet more face to face but we are still encouraging it to be outside. If not vaccinated then we use the hub for visits.

The key aspect here however is with the legislation mandating the vaccination for temporary service persons who may be required to undertake work in the care setting.

In other words it's not only the front line care worker that is impacted by this legislation."

the non vaccinated visitors are in the hub. Which has no physical contact.. it's gor a microphone on each side and a screen between x

By *orking Class GentMan  over a year ago

Warrington

This. Everyone taking about it's a good idea to jab carers, efficacy etc. are missing the point. The bottom line is the state will legislate in a way that rides over the a subject's right to decide what happens to their body. On a site like this, where that principle is held very high indeed (rightly so in my opinion) I would have thought laws infringing on body privacy would be less welcomed.

Be clear, the state have no right to dictate in this area.

People in some jobs may be required some jabs; that didn't need legislation. If you really don't want to meet any given requirement you are free to leave.

Legislation like this is the thin end of a creeping wedge.

First they came for the carers etc.

By *ooljoeMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

I've had my First dose of the vaccine, but sadly some people have died. So who's accountable for lives lost due to this vaccination.Some have had it due to pressure from the public and work places. If the law of the land applies as it should be. Could it be assisted suicide or voluntary manslaughter.

Spain, Lancs

"I've had my First dose of the vaccine, but sadly some people have died. So who's accountable for lives lost due to this vaccination.Some have had it due to pressure from the public and work places. If the law of the land applies as it should be. Could it be assisted suicide or voluntary manslaughter. "

Very interesting legal point and I think your suspicions are correct

here

In other words it's not only the front line care worker that is impacted by this legislation. the non vaccinated visitors are in the hub. Which has no physical contact.. it's gor a microphone on each side and a screen between x"

Yes, sure and that works great for a relative or that type of visit.

What the legislation enforces however is a requirement for anyone who enters the care environment, for example, a plumber to fix a leaking pipe, to be vaccinated...

I would agree on the rationale for this workforce being vaccinated but I am concerned at the method used, I'd worry about what else might be pushed though in this manner. Covid aside.

Chudleigh

"I've had my First dose of the vaccine, but sadly some people have died. So who's accountable for lives lost due to this vaccination.Some have had it due to pressure from the public and work places. If the law of the land applies as it should be. Could it be assisted suicide or voluntary manslaughter. "

As 1% of the population die every year, it is entirely possible it wasn’t The vaccine that caused deaths - Covid caused that number to grow by 20%. The vaccine will hopefully reduce these excess deaths, but it won’t stop all deaths.

In your bed

"This. Everyone taking about it's a good idea to jab carers, efficacy etc. are missing the point. The bottom line is the state will legislate in a way that rides over the a subject's right to decide what happens to their body. On a site like this, where that principle is held very high indeed (rightly so in my opinion) I would have thought laws infringing on body privacy would be less welcomed.

People in some jobs may be required some jabs; that didn't need legislation. If you really don't want to meet any given requirement you are free to leave.

First they came for the carers etc. "

Really? Really? Really?

You do know that last sentence is famous for describing how the nazis took away the lives of people in world war 2.

I can't believe anyone would equate the need for care workers to be vaccinated alongside the mass murder of Jews in world war 2?

Bringing it back to a more sensible level, no one will be forcing careworkers to do anything to their bodies.

The choice is still theirs have the jab or don't. It's the consequence that is out of their hand not the choice.

North West

In other words it's not only the front line care worker that is impacted by this legislation. the non vaccinated visitors are in the hub. Which has no physical contact.. it's gor a microphone on each side and a screen between x

What the legislation enforces however is a requirement for anyone who enters the care environment, for example, a plumber to fix a leaking pipe, to be vaccinated...

"

Outside companies don’t tend to actually have any patient contact but the contracts will just go to companies who are happy to prove they are vaccinated.

Just like now with CRB checks type thing I presume x

here

In other words it's not only the front line care worker that is impacted by this legislation. the non vaccinated visitors are in the hub. Which has no physical contact.. it's gor a microphone on each side and a screen between x

Outside companies don’t tend to actually have any patient contact but the contracts will just go to companies who are happy to prove they are vaccinated.

Just like now with CRB checks type thing I presume x"

Yes... but this isn't just about whether the person entering the care setting will be required or not to have contact with the resident/patient.

Dudley

No.

They have a choice, have the vaccine to protect the vulnerable people you work with or work in an area where vaccination isn't mandatory.

By *isoCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle

"I've had my First dose of the vaccine, but sadly some people have died. So who's accountable for lives lost due to this vaccination.Some have had it due to pressure from the public and work places. If the law of the land applies as it should be. Could it be assisted suicide or voluntary manslaughter.

No.

They have a choice, have the vaccine to protect the vulnerable people you work with or work in an area where vaccination isn't mandatory. "

Yes because it so easy to leave the

Occupation you have worked in a your adult life and retrain for something else with no income

By *ooljoeMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

"I've had my First dose of the vaccine, but sadly some people have died. So who's accountable for lives lost due to this vaccination.Some have had it due to pressure from the public and work places. If the law of the land applies as it should be. Could it be assisted suicide or voluntary manslaughter.

No.

They have a choice, have the vaccine to protect the vulnerable people you work with or work in an area where vaccination isn't mandatory. "

If the vulnerable have had the vaccine and we can still transmit the virus even after having the vaccine . What's the importance of face masks,gloves, tests and hand sanitizers. What's the fuss about workers having and not having the vaccine.

North West

No.

They have a choice, have the vaccine to protect the vulnerable people you work with or work in an area where vaccination isn't mandatory.

If the vulnerable have had the vaccine and we can still transmit the virus even after having the vaccine . What's the importance of face masks,gloves, tests and hand sanitizers. What's the fuss about workers having and not having the vaccine. "

Surely anything to reduce transmission is a good thing?

Dudley

No.

Yes because it so easy to leave the

Occupation you have worked in a your adult life and retrain for something else with no income "

Have the vaccine then.

By *aucy sausageMan  over a year ago

Gentleshaw

"I work in a care home and yes I have had my vaccine but no I don't believe it should be mandatory for people to get it. While most of us did it get anyhow .What I find contradictory is people who don't work in care homes and haven't had the vaccine and won't have it who think we all should have it to work in care have no issue at all with but walking into a care home to visit their relatives. This is the biggest risk to the people in care homes but somehow they can't see that. "

A good friend of mine is a clinical service manager in a Care Home.

17 of 54 staff are still refusing to take the vaccination.

They have crunched the numbers, and can run for a while on bank staff, but they are now putting contingency plans in place which also include shutting the home, displacing 60odd residents.

They can’t be the only care home with this issue.

Dudley

No.

If the vulnerable have had the vaccine and we can still transmit the virus even after having the vaccine . What's the importance of face masks,gloves, tests and hand sanitizers. What's the fuss about workers having and not having the vaccine. "

You are far less likely to pass the virus on if you're vaccinated, what you seem to be forgetting is that the clients in care homes live there, it's their home, they have the right to be cared for by people that are much less likely to give them a disease that could kill them, especially in their own homes.

By *orking Class GentMan  over a year ago

Warrington

"This. Everyone taking about it's a good idea to jab carers, efficacy etc. are missing the point. The bottom line is the state will legislate in a way that rides over the a subject's right to decide what happens to their body. On a site like this, where that principle is held very high indeed (rightly so in my opinion) I would have thought laws infringing on body privacy would be less welcomed.

First they came for the carers etc.

Really? Really? Really?

You do know that last sentence is famous for describing how the nazis took away the lives of people in world war 2.

I can't believe anyone would equate the need for care workers to be vaccinated alongside the mass murder of Jews in world war 2?

Bringing it back to a more sensible level, no one will be forcing careworkers to do anything to their bodies.

The choice is still theirs have the jab or don't. It's the consequence that is out of their hand not the choice. "

Yes of course I know the history of that last sentence, obviously I'm not equating this to a holocaust. It wasn't wholly serious.. This is the Internet..

The big thing, for me, is that for the first time ever the state may enshrine in law that a

medical procedure is mandatory. However well meaning or correct that proceedure may be, the law should be nowhere near it.

That's a massive step in the wrong direction for civil liberties and individual freedom.

I see no reason why a law is necessary. Just include it in the conditions of employment.

Newcastle

No.

If the vulnerable have had the vaccine and we can still transmit the virus even after having the vaccine . What's the importance of face masks,gloves, tests and hand sanitizers. What's the fuss about workers having and not having the vaccine.

You are far less likely to pass the virus on if you're vaccinated, what you seem to be forgetting is that the clients in care homes live there, it's their home, they have the right to be cared for by people that are much less likely to give them a disease that could kill them, especially in their own homes. "

You should tell the NHS to stop sending people to those homes with covid then.

Dudley

No.

You are far less likely to pass the virus on if you're vaccinated, what you seem to be forgetting is that the clients in care homes live there, it's their home, they have the right to be cared for by people that are much less likely to give them a disease that could kill them, especially in their own homes.

You should tell the NHS to stop sending people to those homes with covid then."

Ok, I'll get on that right away

Newcastle

No.

Ok, I'll get on that right away "

They have killed 42 so far in the home that I work in.

All from 3 patients released into the home from the NHS.

Dudley

No.

Ok, I'll get on that right away

They have killed 42 so far in the home that I work in.

All from 3 patients released into the home from the NHS."

Who killed them? Maybe you should take it up with the person that discharged them, since this thread is about mandatory vaccinations, not some doctors that have wrongly discharged patients.

Newcastle

There is a court case ongoing hopefully alldeatails will be released soon.

I ama carer I have been doubled jabbed but I am not so far up my own arse that I feel i need to shame others Itno having the vaccine

Dudley

"There is a court case ongoing hopefully alldeatails will be released soon.

I ama carer I have been doubled jabbed but I am not so far up my own arse that I feel i need to shame others Itno having the vaccine "

Central

No.

We rarely accept just 1 practice as the total solution to a complex, serious problem. We didn't just accept toughened windscreens as justification to ignore all road and vehicle safety issues, for example.

Our main vaccines for common infections are not 100% effective, with all people, all of the time. The Covid ones are better than those against other conditions. Prevention is better than cure, so if we can use easy behavioural changes, like social distancing, mask wearing, having extensive ventilation indoors etc, we can get closer to 100% prevention, in conjunction with the vaccines.

No.

We rarely accept just 1 practice as the total solution to a complex, serious problem. We didn't just accept toughened windscreens as justification to ignore all road and vehicle safety issues, for example.

Our main vaccines for common infections are not 100% effective, with all people, all of the time. The Covid ones are better than those against other conditions. Prevention is better than cure, so if we can use easy behavioural changes, like social distancing, mask wearing, having extensive ventilation indoors etc, we can get closer to 100% prevention, in conjunction with the vaccines. "

You have no understanding of the human condition. We will not accept social distancing, mask wearing or indefinite lockdown.

Chudleigh

No.

Our main vaccines for common infections are not 100% effective, with all people, all of the time. The Covid ones are better than those against other conditions. Prevention is better than cure, so if we can use easy behavioural changes, like social distancing, mask wearing, having extensive ventilation indoors etc, we can get closer to 100% prevention, in conjunction with the vaccines.

You have no understanding of the human condition. We will not accept social distancing, mask wearing or indefinite lockdown. "

…who is this ‘we’ you speak of?

By *eadingCouple1963Couple  over a year ago

Reading

No.

You have no understanding of the human condition. We will not accept social distancing, mask wearing or indefinite lockdown.

…who is this ‘we’ you speak of? "

Certainly not us

By *quirtyndirty!Couple  over a year ago

Nottingham

I agree with _orking class gent

By *moothCriminal_xMan  over a year ago

Redditch

--------

Cal

You obviously haven't heard the views of the previous vice president of Pfizer Dr Michael Yeadon. He warns of the huge dangers of these mRNA injections which is a huge threat that could lead to mass depopulation. He refuses to take this injection and warns others not to also. Yes the ex Vice president of Pfizer says this. Think I'll listen to him rather than our lying media and lying politicians any day. "

Dr Yeadons claims have been totally debunked by a broad range of studies and the consenus is clear - vaccines work, are overwhelmingly safe, save lives, and reduce the spread whilst being extremely effective against all new known variants so far

By *nicecoupleXCouple  over a year ago

Hitch

"Some jobs require vaccines and I agree that this should be one of them, they are caring for the vulnerable after all. "

Who are double jabbed

Spain, Lancs

"Some jobs require vaccines and I agree that this should be one of them, they are caring for the vulnerable after all.

Who are double jabbed "

Very good point

Dudley

"Some jobs require vaccines and I agree that this should be one of them, they are caring for the vulnerable after all.

Who are double jabbed "

I honestly can't believe there are still people that have this point of view, you need to learn how vaccines work and their purpose.

Who are double jabbed "

Vaccine effectiveness against the delta variant is 73%/Pfizer and 60%/AZ.

Couple that with the known reduction in naive T cells and hence a much poorer immune response, in the elderly, caused mainly by thymic involution.

By *up1downCouple  over a year ago

leamington spa

This new still in trials!

Never been used on humans

Killed or sterilised the animals they have tested Mrna is not a vaccine

Why give it to our kids?

The pcr test that we use are all made in China

Grapes strawberries apples juice all have COVID if you try in and lots more give a positive reading AND WE ARE SHUTTING DOWN A COUNTRY SORRY THE WORLD WITH THIS TEST ?

Scunthorpe

Why give it to our kids?

Grapes strawberries apples juice all have COVID if you try in and lots more give a positive reading AND WE ARE SHUTTING DOWN A COUNTRY SORRY THE WORLD WITH THIS TEST ?

"

It's amazing that people still keep on churning out the same ill informed drivel.

Fruit does not have covid.

The vaccine has been well tested.

Of course it's been used on humans... unless I'm an Alien.

Animals used for drugs tests are always killed & analysed. This is normal practice.

Everything is made in China... they're labour is really cheap.

They currently are not giving jabs to kids, but they have been proven both safe and effective.

People really should learn that Facebook is not a reliable source of research.

Cal

By *up1downCouple  over a year ago

leamington spa

--------

Cal"

How many people have died due too MRNA

Has it killed more test subjects than any other

Trail drug ?

It is not a vaccine as we know a vaccine

This is new never been used on humans before

Dudley

Why give it to our kids?

"

All this is just crap that you've got from social media, it's not even remotely true and it is totally irresponsible and frankly, disgusting, that you would try to spread such nonsense.

Dudley

--------

Cal

How many people have died due too MRNA

Has it killed more test subjects than any other

Trail drug ?

It is not a vaccine as we know a vaccine

This is new never been used on humans before "

Billions of people around the world have had the vaccines, but yeah, never been used on humans before.

By *retty womanWoman  over a year ago

Near Bournemouth

How does it protect others?

Even if you're vaccinated you could still be a carrier!!

Dudley

Even if you're vaccinated you could still be a carrier!!"

Dear lord.

If you are 65% less likely to pass on the virus after being vaccinated, you are helping protect others.

Near Bournemouth

Dear lord.

If you are 65% less likely to pass on the virus after being vaccinated, you are helping protect others. "

Dear lord

That still leaves 35%

Dudley

Dear lord.

If you are 65% less likely to pass on the virus after being vaccinated, you are helping protect others.

Dear lord

That still leaves 35%"

Your point? It's better than 0 protection.

Dudley

Dear lord.

Dear lord

That still leaves 35%"

Do you drive on the correct side of the road? That doesn't give 100% protection from a car accident but it certainly helps.

Near Bournemouth

Dear lord.

Dear lord

That still leaves 35%

Your point? It's better than 0 protection."

True, but it doesn't protect everyone.

I'm double jabbed, before you start on me being one of those anti vaxers tripe.

Dudley

Dear lord.

Dear lord

That still leaves 35%

I'm double jabbed, before you start on me being one of those anti vaxers tripe."

I don't understand what point you're trying to make, nobody has said it protects everyone but reducing transmission by 65% is far better than no reduction at all.

Near Bournemouth

Dear lord.

Dear lord

That still leaves 35%

I don't understand what point you're trying to make, nobody has said it protects everyone but reducing transmission by 65% is far better than no reduction at all. "

My point is it doesn't protect everyone.

Dudley

Dear lord.

Dear lord

That still leaves 35%

I don't understand what point you're trying to make, nobody has said it protects everyone but reducing transmission by 65% is far better than no reduction at all.

My point is it doesn't protect everyone."

But nobody said it does.

Scunthorpe

Dear lord.

Dear lord

That still leaves 35%

My point is it doesn't protect everyone."

If you are "double jabbed" the you are 91% less likely to infect others... this is because you are 85% less likely to get actively infected, then 65% less likely to pass it on (85% from 100 leaves 15, 65% of 15 is 9)

So it protects most people, especially if everyone is vaccinated.

Cal

» Add a new message to this topic