FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > No more Covid

No more Covid

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uysx2 OP   Couple (MM)  over a year ago

Birmingham

What's it going to take for there to be no more Covid?

No more masks.

No more restrictions.

No more testing.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No more dying, no more infections

Simples

By *uysx2 OP   Couple (MM)  over a year ago

Birmingham

"No more dying, no more infections

Simples"

How do we achieve this?

By *isoCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle

Covid will always be with us.

Covid isn’t going anywhere it’s gonna be with us for ever now

We can’t get rid of the common cold so not a chance in hell we are getting rid of Covid. Gotta learn to live with it

By *orty-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Leyland

"No more dying, no more infections

Simples

How do we achieve this?"

We don't, we just accept it.

If all humans die, human Covid will be eradicated.

By *wistedTooCouple  over a year ago

Frimley

Covid will be with us forever much like the flu is. Yearly top up vaccination etc. I think it’ll always be around.

We just need to pull together and do what’s right to help each other.

"What's it going to take for there to be no more Covid?

No more masks.

No more restrictions.

No more testing."

Lock the country down. Ban all international travel for everyone. No exceptions

Not feasible but you wanted a answer

By *ngel696969Woman  over a year ago

Farnworth

No more masks.

No more restrictions.

No more testing.

Not feasible but you wanted a answer "

Starve the population?

Stop testing for it. A bit like when I turn the radio to drown out the wierd noise coming from my front left wheel on the motorway. If I can't hear it, I don't need to worry about it!

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

No more masks.

No more restrictions.

No more testing."

Round about 100 years of trying to overcome it. Viruses such as covid are not easy to eradicate, best we can hope for is to develop more efficient ways of coping with it.

"Stop testing for it. A bit like when I turn the radio to drown out the wierd noise coming from my front left wheel on the motorway. If I can't hear it, I don't need to worry about it! "
and stop watching the fear mongering channels BBC and SKY NEWS they are the virus

By *ancy38Woman  over a year ago

galway

To much money and power to be made around covid. It's here to stay

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

No more masks.

No more restrictions.

No more testing."

Its too transmissible and has too long a period when symptoms do not present.

Sadly whether via bat soup or accidental/purposeful release from a lab this disease is here to stay.

A tough lesson to be learned that once the genie is out the bottle it is really tricky to get it back in especially with airborne viruses.

"To much money and power to be made around covid. It's here to stay "
well said.. They always say follow the money. Pure evil behind this

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Covid is here forever. Eventually we will have a degree of herd immunity that suppresses its impact but it will continue to claim 1000’s in not 10’s of 1000’s each year.

teleford

"To much money and power to be made around covid. It's here to stay well said.. They always say follow the money. Pure evil behind this "

I pity your outlook on the world

By *exOnLegsPlymCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth

In 2017/2018 flu claimed over 60,000. The average daily mortality was 100, at the peak of the epidemic, daily deaths ran at 300. No lockdown, no ridiculous wearing of bits of rag, no daily tolls published, no lateral flow tests. Life carried on.

Now most if not all the vulnerableare vaccinated, we just need to get on with our lives. Any of us could die from cancer, heart attack, stroke tomorrow. Life is too short, we need to enjoy it.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

No more masks.

No more restrictions.

No more testing."

Realistically, it could be done. But you would need a full world wide lockdown (much stricter than we've had so far)and the entire world to be properly vaccinated.

By *ister_ee_1981Man  over a year ago

San Fran Exeter

"If all humans die, human Covid will be eradicated.

"

This. And any other living creatures, just in case it mutates and jumps species...

In any event, Covid will be with us forever, we have to adapt. Adapt, or be consigned to the annals of history

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"In 2017/2018 flu claimed over 60,000. The average daily mortality was 100, at the peak of the epidemic, daily deaths ran at 300. No lockdown, no ridiculous wearing of bits of rag, no daily tolls published, no lateral flow tests. Life carried on.

Now most if not all the vulnerableare vaccinated, we just need to get on with our lives. Any of us could die from cancer, heart attack, stroke tomorrow. Life is too short, we need to enjoy it."

On the other hand, at the peak of this pandemic, daily mortality ran at 2000 even with restrictions in place...

On a Long Enough Timeline the Survival Rate for Everyone Drops to Zero

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Good leadership and public respect for others, behaving in ways that will reduce the potential for this airborne infection to spread.

With many adults not vaccinated, it will make a big difference to the health service if they get vaccinated.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"In 2017/2018 flu claimed over 60,000. The average daily mortality was 100, at the peak of the epidemic, daily deaths ran at 300. No lockdown, no ridiculous wearing of bits of rag, no daily tolls published, no lateral flow tests. Life carried on.

Now most if not all the vulnerableare vaccinated, we just need to get on with our lives. Any of us could die from cancer, heart attack, stroke tomorrow. Life is too short, we need to enjoy it."

We do many things to mitigate risk levels of other ill health. If we get a stroke, we seek treatment, where possible, for example, which can limit its impact. We have restrictions on many things that cause cancer. Annual flu jabs prevent awful flu catastrophes. We've not given up on many things we suffer from

By *lovebustyladiesMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

It’s going to be like the flu jab you get your booster once a year me thinks, but then when you go to other countries you have jabs so why should covid be any different

We can have normality back when almost all the population has been vaccinated and hospitalisation + deaths are at 0. Having a competent government will also help very much too.

Stopping testing is just putting your head in the sand and pretending covid doesn't exist.

I don't get where all this new found nihilism has come from.

You may say "people die all the time", so would you be fine if a loved one be it your friend, partner, parent etc died? Will you then say "oh people die anyway"?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

What's the source for 60k?

ONS figures are not the same..

No more masks.

No more restrictions.

No more testing.

Not feasible but you wanted a answer

Starve the population? "

I said it wasn't feasible.

"Stop testing for it. A bit like when I turn the radio to drown out the wierd noise coming from my front left wheel on the motorway. If I can't hear it, I don't need to worry about it! "

Yeaaaaa no. I have it right now. Cant remember ever being this ill

By *eglieanCouple  over a year ago

Torbay

Was watching an interview last night, it was a 28 year old man on a ventilator in hospital. Said he didn't bother with the jabs or taking vaccines , as if he caught it, being young and fit he would not have a problem getting over it. Which is an attitude a lot of the younger generation have." It won't happen to me" it did to him.

How wrong he was and he now knows it . What a state this young fit by was in you read time and again on here about people refusing to belive in lockdowns , mask wearing and vaccines, and we should all shut up and just get on with life. Fine,, if it isn't your wife, husband , family, friends or you, laying in that bed possibly going to suffer with long term covid or dying.

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

"Was watching an interview last night, it was a 28 year old man on a ventilator in hospital. Said he didn't bother with the jabs or taking vaccines , as if he caught it, being young and fit he would not have a problem getting over it. Which is an attitude a lot of the younger generation have." It won't happen to me" it did to him.

How wrong he was and he now knows it . What a state this young fit by was in you read time and again on here about people refusing to belive in lockdowns , mask wearing and vaccines, and we should all shut up and just get on with life. Fine,, if it isn't your wife, husband , family, friends or you, laying in that bed possibly going to suffer with long term covid or dying. "

I think there is a difference between personal impact and individual responsibility.

The option to be jabbed is open to all over 18.

So the question is how long should society wait for those not jabbed to be jabbed.

We could wait till its 100% but that will not happen as its optional, so there will always be an abitary line drawn where society says they have taken sufficient steps to support its now down to individuals to take any further steps.

Sure if it was my child with covid, cancer or any other disease I would want society to do everything possible to help me, but all resources are finite and there are limits on how much you can expect society to shoulder the burden.

In this country everyday heslth care is controlled by wait times, in other countries they use price to determine who gets what.

But in the end no society can put the needs of the few above the needs of the many, no matter how frivolous our needs might be.

By *drianukMan  over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

Aiming for zero Coronavirus is absurd. You may as well aim for zero colds or zero flu

By *00STERMan  over a year ago

nearby

"I don't get where all this new found nihilism has come from.

You may say "people die all the time", so would you be fine if a loved one be it your friend, partner, parent etc died? Will you then say "oh people die anyway"?"

Yes, and I have. It is the way of life people die every day, I’ve lost all my grand parents and my mum. Enjoy the time you have no point fearing the inevitable. People die of all kinds of things at any time. Mitigate your risk but don’t waste what precious time you have.

You may say "people die all the time", so would you be fine if a loved one be it your friend, partner, parent etc died? Will you then say "oh people die anyway"?

Yes, and I have. It is the way of life people die every day, I’ve lost all my grand parents and my mum. Enjoy the time you have no point fearing the inevitable. People die of all kinds of things at any time. Mitigate your risk but don’t waste what precious time you have."

Might as well not wear a sear belt when driving, or seek medical help when you're ill. Hey, death is inevitable right?

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Yes, and I have. It is the way of life people die every day, I’ve lost all my grand parents and my mum. Enjoy the time you have no point fearing the inevitable. People die of all kinds of things at any time. Mitigate your risk but don’t waste what precious time you have.

Might as well not wear a sear belt when driving, or seek medical help when you're ill. Hey, death is inevitable right? "

Exactly.

Just because it's inevitable doesn't mean anyone should rush headlong towards it arm's open.

teleford

No more masks.

No more restrictions.

No more testing.

Realistically, it could be done. But you would need a full world wide lockdown (much stricter than we've had so far)and the entire world to be properly vaccinated. "

Realistically that is never going to happen.

agree why take a test if you have no symptoms are people stupid to believe you can have a illness and not get teperature how stupit its bodys first defence

By *imes_berksMan  over a year ago

Bracknell

"Stop testing for it. A bit like when I turn the radio to drown out the wierd noise coming from my front left wheel on the motorway. If I can't hear it, I don't need to worry about it! agree why take a test if you have no symptoms are people stupid to believe you can have a illness and not get teperature how stupit its bodys first defence "

Omg so ironic

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

"If all humans die, human Covid will be eradicated.

"

No, it affects other animals, too.

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

"It’s going to be like the flu jab you get your booster once a year me thinks, but then when you go to other countries you have jabs so why should covid be any different"

This is it. We’re not used to having high levels of a dangerous disease endemic to this country.

Yet we’re fine to get jabbed for yellow fever, hep, take malaria tablets.

It’s just now we have one, too. And we need to be sensible about it.

the only way would have been to not alow the virus in in the first place, we are an island, if we had totaly locked the country down as soon as the threat was known, then we may have never had the problem, but our weak leaders didnt wnt the bad publicity, some countries did this and have never had a case, i think the isle of man is one from memory

"the only way would have been to not alow the virus in in the first place, we are an island, if we had totaly locked the country down as soon as the threat was known, then we may have never had the problem, but our weak leaders didnt wnt the bad publicity, some countries did this and have never had a case, i think the isle of man is one from memory"

So how do we get food and all the other items we get from outside of our island,we wouldn’t of been able to survive, the shops would be empty, no lorries boats or planes in or out , it wouldn’t work

No more masks.

No more restrictions.

No more testing."

It will probably be around forever. It's up to humanity to accept that and move on.

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

indiscriminately cull everyone in their own homes ... apparently it works for badgers with TB

By *isexycouple5Couple  over a year ago

Looe

"Stop testing for it. A bit like when I turn the radio to drown out the wierd noise coming from my front left wheel on the motorway. If I can't hear it, I don't need to worry about it! and stop watching the fear mongering channels BBC and SKY NEWS they are the virus "

"Stop testing for it. A bit like when I turn the radio to drown out the wierd noise coming from my front left wheel on the motorway. If I can't hear it, I don't need to worry about it! and stop watching the fear mongering channels BBC and SKY NEWS they are the virus

"

Agree completely. Time to move on.

By *orset.JMan  over a year ago

Weymouth

"Stop testing for it. A bit like when I turn the radio to drown out the wierd noise coming from my front left wheel on the motorway. If I can't hear it, I don't need to worry about it! and stop watching the fear mongering channels BBC and SKY NEWS they are the virus

Agree completely. Time to move on. "

It’s hard to ignore what’s happened in other countries especially when Covid was ignored and let rip- prime example is Manaus Brazil.

There is a good chance a new variant will be generated ( like P1 - gamma variant) if we properly let rip here in the UK.

In a week that the football team has done the country proud- It just feels that we are surrendering to Covid on the 19th of July- where is this countries fighting spirit gone? We know we can do better.

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

It’s hard to ignore what’s happened in other countries especially when Covid was ignored and let rip- prime example is Manaus Brazil.

There is a good chance a new variant will be generated ( like P1 - gamma variant) if we properly let rip here in the UK.

In a week that the football team has done the country proud- It just feels that we are surrendering to Covid on the 19th of July- where is this countries fighting spirit gone? We know we can do better."

Football and Brazil are not particularly relevant to covid in the UK. I think Brazil have bigger problems than covid.

In a week that the football team has done the country proud- It just feels that we are surrendering to Covid on the 19th of July- where is this countries fighting spirit gone? We know we can do better.

Football and Brazil are not particularly relevant to covid in the UK. I think Brazil have bigger problems than covid. "

Covid isn't the Nazis and this isn't WW2

Weymouth

Football and Brazil are not particularly relevant to covid in the UK. I think Brazil have bigger problems than covid.

Covid isn't the Nazis and this isn't WW2"

Exactly, my point- we have faced far greater foes in the past - why can we not suppress Covid?

Weymouth

Football and Brazil are not particularly relevant to covid in the UK. I think Brazil have bigger problems than covid. "

Agree the handling of Covid is a measure of how fully functioning and diligent a government is.

Spain, Lancs

The government stats of death (probably also of 'cases') are exaggerated.

A few months ago the ONS said the official figures were 24% higher than they actually were.

They have since revisited the issue: they now say the figure is 31% too high

Weymouth

Brazil gave the world the P1 gamma variant- it is relevant as we currently have created the perfect Petri dish in this country to create a vaccine resistant variant. Football shows we can achieve a lot when we put our minds to it.

By *ust PeachyWoman  over a year ago

Prestonish

"Stop testing for it. A bit like when I turn the radio to drown out the wierd noise coming from my front left wheel on the motorway. If I can't hear it, I don't need to worry about it! agree why take a test if you have no symptoms are people stupid to believe you can have a illness and not get teperature how stupit its bodys first defence "

My son and his friend are staying here - both 17 - both have no symptoms - and both have covid. Only got tested because one of their footie friends has it (they watched the Euros together). Even they’re both asymptomatic - they could pass it on to those who aren’t so lucky.

Proof of the vaccines efficacy though - all the vaccinated members of the family haven’t caught it!

Interesting that according to the Zoe study that cases seem to be plateauing at around 32,000 per day. Zoe concentrates on symptomatic cases so it appears that it’s in the asymptomatic that the rise in cases is continuing.

By *nicecoupleXCouple  over a year ago

Hitch

No more masks.

No more restrictions.

No more testing."

People living with it and getting natural immunity

That is the only thing that will do it. It will still be around but people will treat it like normal flu

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

No more masks.

No more restrictions.

No more testing."

Its here for a while and its now everyman for himself.. Our y to keep ourselves safe and avoid the idiots who think its all over and we are all safe again.. Because we arent!

Spain, Lancs

An observation: I note that sceptics don't abuse people they disagree with.

The dismissiveness from the other side is appalling

Dudley

"An observation: I note that sceptics don't abuse people they disagree with.

The dismissiveness from the other side is appalling"

That's not true at all.

That's not true at all. "

Nice bit of dismission

Dudley

That's not true at all.

Nice bit of dismission "

Ah, so we aren't allowed to disagree with people or we are called dismissive, I get it now.

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

No more masks.

No more restrictions.

No more testing.

Its here for a while and its now everyman for himself.. Our y to keep ourselves safe and avoid the idiots who think its all over and we are all safe again.. Because we arent! "

Of course we are all safe, Boris says we dont legally NEED to wear masks indoors in public; we only SHOULD wear masks indoors.

Pubs do not NEED to limit numbers and do only table service, but they SHOULD.

Victory for the people who say covid is a myth, victory the people who say masks are pointless, victory for the people who demonstrate in london and elsewhere against loss of freedom.

i will concede covid is a myth when two of my best friends ever come back from the dead, because this myth killed them and it is going to kill many more - Thanks Boris !!!

» Add a new message to this topic