FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Flu / cold

Flu / cold

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ikeC81 OP   Man  over a year ago

harrow

As someone that has been testing regularly for covid through lateral flow tests and also had a pcr test on Tuesday (all negative)

However I have a horrible hacking cough, blocked sinuses, generally feeling crappy - I was wondering if anyone else has heard of any similar colds and flu going around

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hy52Man  over a year ago

Kinross

Yes , got chest infection now , not Covid

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 16/07/21 06:10:54]

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Yep I've had ongoing sinus and hayfever colds since June which us all normal for me and testing negative twice a week, there has also been interesting positive research on reduced transmission regarding covid-19 and colds/hayfever

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Yep I've had ongoing sinus and hayfever colds since June which us all normal for me and testing negative twice a week, there has also been interesting positive research on reduced transmission regarding covid-19 and colds/hayfever "

Yes, I remember reading that... having a cold can prevent you from becoming infected with covid.

Cal

"As someone that has been testing regularly for covid through lateral flow tests and also had a pcr test on Tuesday (all negative)

However I have a horrible hacking cough, blocked sinuses, generally feeling crappy - I was wondering if anyone else has heard of any similar colds and flu going around "

Me! My flat mate and I done the test, she started feeling fluey and couch-y… she thought it was COVID, so we did the test and we came back negative and now I got what she’s got…

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

Yes, had a heavy cold for about a week. I'd read somewhere these were also symptoms of the Delta virus, convinced I'd got it, but all tests negative.

By *igNick1381Man  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

"Yep I've had ongoing sinus and hayfever colds since June which us all normal for me and testing negative twice a week, there has also been interesting positive research on reduced transmission regarding covid-19 and colds/hayfever

Yes, I remember reading that... having a cold can prevent you from becoming infected with covid.

Cal"

That's interesting

I'm full up of cold at the moment.

Really? Kiss me quick

"Yep I've had ongoing sinus and hayfever colds since June which us all normal for me and testing negative twice a week, there has also been interesting positive research on reduced transmission regarding covid-19 and colds/hayfever

Cal

That's interesting

I'm full up of cold at the moment.

Really? Kiss me quick"

I read that as well as once you have the cold, it’s like taken over your body so it won’t allow covid to enter it. Or something like that

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

Yes. I have the seasonal hay fever sneezing.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

I have it, my great-granddaughter has it and my daughter has it.

My grandson has tonsillitis too.

[Removed by poster at 16/07/21 12:25:12]

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

There has been an increase in traditional winter infections recently. I've not had 1, thankfully

You've all got covid lite.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"You've all got covid lite."

By *aulaxd500TV/TS  over a year ago

Wigan

I thought I just had a bad cold, but no it's the delta variant. Glad I've been jabbed though few days of feeling awful now feeling much better xx

By *hrops56Man  over a year ago

TELFORD

I've had covid for a week now , my breathing isn't good and I have a cough it feels like a chest infection and isn't getting any better

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Climate sudden change organs act similar to timber expand so all the crap that the breathing apparatus has the opportunity to get out failure to do this would further build up,so flush it out give it a hand

By *rufinWoman  over a year ago

notts

There's loads of bugs going round, a lot that usually circulate in winter as well eg rsv in children

We have lower immunity after social isolation for so long. Winter is going to be tough. On the plus side, flu/colds outcompete covid.

By *sBlueWoman  over a year ago

Up North

Yes lots of bugs around

I've had it, my grandson has got it now, i do LFT, all negative, i am feeling a lot better now, had it for about 10 to 14 days.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I had a sore throat and a few days in bed a few weeks ago - LFTs and PCR negative. Inevitable that these things come back. (Did hear about a study where in high vaccine areas in the US, winter respiratory illness saw a resurgence, while Covid is in lower vaccine areas)

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

My daughter has come down with a cold. It is just a cold but she is pretty much isolating to her room anyway

By *ent doggerMan  over a year ago

kent

"As someone that has been testing regularly for covid through lateral flow tests and also had a pcr test on Tuesday (all negative)

However I have a horrible hacking cough, blocked sinuses, generally feeling crappy - I was wondering if anyone else has heard of any similar colds and flu going around "

Not got a cold or sinus issues but have had what I can only describe as the flu for around 3 weeks (started a week after second jab)

That with bad tummy pains, feeling sick, loss of appetite, stabbing pains just below my ribs.

I hope it don't last much longer as I've had enough of feeling like shit

By *LAchillesMan  over a year ago

Near Ross

Interesting - I’ve been achy and sneezing a lot, with a slight sore throat. I took an LFT which was negative and a few days late took a PCR which was also negative. Now I have a pain in the right hand side of upper chest, side and back - feels a cross between having been thumped very hard and having a bad case of sunburn.

"Interesting - I’ve been achy and sneezing a lot, with a slight sore throat. I took an LFT which was negative and a few days late took a PCR which was also negative. Now I have a pain in the right hand side of upper chest, side and back - feels a cross between having been thumped very hard and having a bad case of sunburn."

Yup, you've got covid lite as well. Mew strain, will be all over the media tuesday around 3.10.

By *LAchillesMan  over a year ago

Near Ross

"Interesting - I’ve been achy and sneezing a lot, with a slight sore throat. I took an LFT which was negative and a few days late took a PCR which was also negative. Now I have a pain in the right hand side of upper chest, side and back - feels a cross between having been thumped very hard and having a bad case of sunburn.

Yup, you've got covid lite as well. Mew strain, will be all over the media tuesday around 3.10."

Hilarious! Don’t give up the day job.

"Interesting - I’ve been achy and sneezing a lot, with a slight sore throat. I took an LFT which was negative and a few days late took a PCR which was also negative. Now I have a pain in the right hand side of upper chest, side and back - feels a cross between having been thumped very hard and having a bad case of sunburn.

Yup, you've got covid lite as well. Mew strain, will be all over the media tuesday around 3.10.

Hilarious! Don’t give up the day job."

I won't, don't worry.

» Add a new message to this topic