FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Get a vaccine for you and others

Get a vaccine for you and others

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Don't believe conspiracy theories. Vaccines save many, many lives. They have eradicated or virtually eradicated certain diseases. And vaccines have saved many more of us from longterm serious helth problems. And vaccines don't just protect us. They protect others around us.

Get a vaccine.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/why-vaccination-is-safe-and-important/

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

(Hopefully a link from the NHS will be more trusted than any particular newspaper.)

Reposting a bit here from another thread. I think it's an important counter to a v common point generally spread via social media:

There's a real problem with the whole "it's my body" argument when it comes to vaccines.

For other things, absolutely it should be entirely a personal choice what anybody does with their own body.

But when it comes to vaccines, by getting one you actually protect others in addition to yourself. So you're not just getting a vaccine for you. You're also getting it for your friends, for your family and for anybody you bump into when out and about.

If enough people refuse vaccines, the overall effect is nowhere near as good. Even worse, a large pool of people who are not vaccinated gives a disease far more chances to spread and mutate. That can be really bad. If a mutation occurs that's unaffected by current vaccines, we're all in the shit.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Let's just take a pill, get a shot etc to cure our illnesses!

Wake up please, I beg you!

It has been a horrendous time, no question. But stop being a bloody sheep FFS!

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

"Don't believe conspiracy theories. Vaccines save many, many lives. They have eradicated or virtually eradicated certain diseases. And vaccines have saved many more of us from longterm serious helth problems. And vaccines don't just protect us. They protect others around us.

Get a vaccine.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/why-vaccination-is-safe-and-important/"

Does this include the 27000 that died from the vaccine

By *dam_TinaCouple  over a year ago

Hampshire

"Don't believe conspiracy theories. Vaccines save many, many lives. They have eradicated or virtually eradicated certain diseases. And vaccines have saved many more of us from longterm serious helth problems. And vaccines don't just protect us. They protect others around us.

Get a vaccine.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/why-vaccination-is-safe-and-important/

Does this include the 27000 that died from the vaccine "

Got a link for that ?

Get a vaccine.

Got a link for that ?"

Of course not, because it isn't true.

Get a vaccine.

Got a link for that ?"

We tend to be going around in circles with this one. Apparently a number of persons have unfortunately died. Even if it was due to Covid there is allways a risk of a new vaccine etc. The many billions of people who have been jabbed and double jabbed for their own Protection by far outweighs the sad deaths amongst us and the death toll would be far greater if those jabs did not initially happen.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Get a vaccine.

Thrre are sheep stream media outlets pushing such nonsense but ee thankfully have the ONS and NHS data that reveal the vaccines to be your lifesaver

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Get a vaccine.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/why-vaccination-is-safe-and-important/"

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Get a vaccine.

Let's just let people decide for themselves ?? Ffs! X

Get a vaccine.

Let's just let people decide for themselves ?? Ffs! X"

Never a true word said ffs. Lol

By *ent doggerMan  over a year ago

kent

If I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have had the vaccine. But it's done so I just have to put up with it now. Hopefully this crap feeling won't last much longer.

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

"Reposting a bit here from another thread. I think it's an important counter to a v common point generally spread via social media:

There's a real problem with the whole "it's my body" argument when it comes to vaccines.

For other things, absolutely it should be entirely a personal choice what anybody does with their own body.

But when it comes to vaccines, by getting one you actually protect others in addition to yourself. So you're not just getting a vaccine for you. You're also getting it for your friends, for your family and for anybody you bump into when out and about.

If enough people refuse vaccines, the overall effect is nowhere near as good. Even worse, a large pool of people who are not vaccinated gives a disease far more chances to spread and mutate. That can be really bad. If a mutation occurs that's unaffected by current vaccines, we're all in the shit."

I'm all for vaccines, I've had both jabs. However, I'm not on board with the constant shaming of those who choose not to get it.

Has there been any proof that vaccination will stop mutation, given that you can still be infected while vaccinated surely the risk for mutation is still the same?

Newcastle

Get a vaccine.

Got a link for that ?"

If you was watching the live television news with a interview with the guy who lost his daughter from the vaccine

By *nicecoupleXCouple  over a year ago

Hitch

Get a vaccine.

60 % of people catching covid

Are double jabbed

Think about it ...

Newcastle

Get a vaccine.

Got a link for that ?

We tend to be going around in circles with this one. Apparently a number of persons have unfortunately died. Even if it was due to Covid there is allways a risk of a new vaccine etc. The many billions of people who have been jabbed and double jabbed for their own Protection by far outweighs the sad deaths amongst us and the death toll would be far greater if those jabs did not initially happen.

"

But if the truth was told at the beginning the natural risks involved with the vaccine how many people would still be taken it even now Boris is more concerned about the economy and states the economy is starting to grow and other job opportunities and yes with still have deaths.

Then a sensible concerned leader would put the safety of his people first and not worry about the economy as much people have no value in his eyes it's only the sign of profit he knew about the dangers always and hung us all dry

ashford

"If I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have had the vaccine. But it's done so I just have to put up with it now. Hopefully this crap feeling won't last much longer. "

Wish I had listened to me instead of family and not had them! But as u say fine now x

By *wholeLotOfRosieWoman  over a year ago

Pontypridd

"

Could you send a link with the data and evidence please?

By *andK78Couple  over a year ago

Newport

[Removed by poster at 17/07/21 12:03:49]

By *ent doggerMan  over a year ago

kent

"If I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have had the vaccine. But it's done so I just have to put up with it now. Hopefully this crap feeling won't last much longer.

Wish I had listened to me instead of family and not had them! But as u say fine now x"

Far from fine at the mo. Just over a month on from having second jab. Never felt so bloody ill. It's not all the time but every 8 days I feel like shit

ashford

"If I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have had the vaccine. But it's done so I just have to put up with it now. Hopefully this crap feeling won't last much longer.

Wish I had listened to me instead of family and not had them! But as u say fine now x"

*done not fine!lol x

ashford

Wish I had listened to me instead of family and not had them! But as u say fine now x

Far from fine at the mo. Just over a month on from having second jab. Never felt so bloody ill. It's not all the time but every 8 days I feel like shit"

I meant done! But actually I am fine now have a friend has been I'll ever since very bad heads feeling sick he wishes he had not had them x

Newport

Get a jab, catch Covid.

Looks at the numbers your more likely to catch it after having the jab.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Let's just take a pill, get a shot etc to cure our illnesses!

It has been a horrendous time, no question. But stop being a bloody sheep FFS!"

It's slightly ironic how the Antivaxx flocks bleat on so much about the masses being "sheep". Whilst reposting other people's views about "thinking for yourself".

Cal

Scunthorpe

"Get a jab, catch Covid.

Looks at the numbers your more likely to catch it after having the jab."

A vaccine allows your immune system to learn what to do with a specific virus. This all happens inside your body.... it's not like a whole body condom that stops a virus getting in, you OBVIOUSLY can still be infected by the virus but your immune system is more able to deal with it.

Newport

"Get a jab, catch Covid.

A vaccine allows your immune system to learn what to do with a specific virus. This all happens inside your body.... it's not like a whole body condom that stops a virus getting in, you OBVIOUSLY can still be infected by the virus but your immune system is more able to deal with it."

And looking at the numbers your also more likely to catch Covid after having a jab.

Where as we had it 16 months ago and not had it since, antibodies test also confirm our immune system is fine.

"Get a jab, catch Covid.

Looks at the numbers your more likely to catch it after having the jab."

Where do the numbers say there is a link between getting vaccinated and being more likely to get covid?

100% of people who have covid also drink water. Does this mean water causes covid?

Most likely double jabbed people have a false sense of security so they are going out to crowded places, hence more likely go get the virus.

By *G CoupleCouple  over a year ago

kent

[Removed by poster at 17/07/21 12:38:36]

Newcastle

"

Could you send a link with the data and evidence please?"

I don't have any link this was live on the news few days ago and mentioned showing stats whilst discussing with a guy who lost his daughter due to the vaccine other people in another thread had saw this too

"

I don't have any link this was live on the news few days ago and mentioned showing stats whilst discussing with a guy who lost his daughter due to the vaccine other people in another thread had saw this too"

I literally can't find anything mentioning this online.

What I have found however, is that 27000 deaths have been prevented in the UK due to the vaccine.

Scunthorpe

"Get a jab, catch Covid.

A vaccine allows your immune system to learn what to do with a specific virus. This all happens inside your body.... it's not like a whole body condom that stops a virus getting in, you OBVIOUSLY can still be infected by the virus but your immune system is more able to deal with it.

And looking at the numbers your also more likely to catch Covid after having a jab.

Where as we had it 16 months ago and not had it since, antibodies test also confirm our immune system is fine."

As the numbers of people vaccinated goes up, it is OBVIOUS that the percentage of vaccinated people who catch it will also go up. If 100% of people were vaccinated, then 100% of people infected would be vaccinated people... it's not really rocket science.

Cal

Newcastle

"

I don't have any link this was live on the news few days ago and mentioned showing stats whilst discussing with a guy who lost his daughter due to the vaccine other people in another thread had saw this too

What I have found however, is that 27000 deaths have been prevented in the UK due to the vaccine."

But that can't be correct given amount of people vaccinated can it so how far did you search as this was few days ago BBC news

Get a vaccine.

Are double jabbed

Think about it ...

"

The vaccine doesn’t stop you catching it, it hopefully stops you having bad enough symptoms to be hospitalised.

"

What I have found however, is that 27000 deaths have been prevented in the UK due to the vaccine.

But that can't be correct given amount of people vaccinated can it so how far did you search as this was few days ago BBC news"

It makes perfect sense.

27000 who are clinically vulnerable and likely to die if unvaccinated, contracted covid and did not die as the vaccine worked.

Scunthorpe

"

But that can't be correct given amount of people vaccinated can it so how far did you search as this was few days ago BBC news"

I have thoroughly searched the BBC website and there are no signs of any suggestions of large numbers of deaths linked to covid vaccines. There is a story which said that there had been 71 deaths linked to AstraZenaca which equates to one death per 650,000 doses.

Cal

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-57866661

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Get a vaccine.

Got a link for that ?

"

We could do with the link for that

Newcastle

"

But that can't be correct given amount of people vaccinated can it so how far did you search as this was few days ago BBC news

It makes perfect sense.

27000 who are clinically vulnerable and likely to die if unvaccinated, contracted covid and did not die as the vaccine worked.

"

I'm not saying that it doesn't work but the risks involved from the vaccine that has killed people I know someone will say but more people who were vaccinated also survived try telling this to someone who lost their loved ones from the vaccine unless you one of those your not going to feel anything.

Newport

Considering this is a swinger's forum it's hard to believe how many narrow minded self centered opinionated people there are here.

Newcastle

Get a vaccine.

Got a link for that ?

We could do with the link for that"

It was on BBC news on BBC 2 in the morning while the news reader was talking with the guy who lost his daughter due to the vaccine the stats were at the bottom I think read 2.7 vaccinated and 27000 deaths

Newcastle

"Considering this is a swinger's forum it's hard to believe how many narrow minded self centered opinionated people there are here."

but how many people have nothing better to do it's sunny in fact boiling outside

By *nicecoupleXCouple  over a year ago

Hitch

Get a vaccine.

Are double jabbed

Think about it ...

The vaccine doesn’t stop you catching it, it hopefully stops you having bad enough symptoms to be hospitalised. "

If that were true, which I do not believe it is then why are people panicking about people who have had covid and suffered mild symptoms pushed to be vaxxed?

If you are double vaxxed then as you say.... it may stop you getting bad symptoms

So why so many om here pushing for everyone to be vaxxed ?

It makes no sense at all.

Most people who aren't taking the covid jab are not anti vaccination. They are simply thinking critically, taking into account the fact that this vaccine has been pushed through very quickly. The long term affects of the vaccine are unknown, so imagine you are yet to have children, or still have more than half your life to live.

[Removed by poster at 17/07/21 13:27:59]

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

Get a vaccine.

Got a link for that ?

It was on BBC news on BBC 2 in the morning while the news reader was talking with the guy who lost his daughter due to the vaccine the stats were at the bottom I think read 2.7 vaccinated and 27000 deaths"

So Fullfact suggest 1,102 people have died following having the vaccine. As of end of May 21. They further state that it is not yet known what the cause of death was, just that it was after having the vaccine. Given 40m have had the vaccine, this is almost like your chances of winning the lottery jackpot. The risk of dying from Covid was much higher 150,000 from 66m, when we didn’t have the vaccine.

Vaccines work, less people die.

Most people are concerned about long term effects of anything they take, be it medication or vaccines. However most also trust the advice of trained professionals who are experts in their field.

We aren't sheep, we just know when to trust experts.

We've been presented time and time again with evidence that the vaccines are working and they are safe.

Constant refusal to acknowledge this isn't "critical thought" or "open mindedness".

By *moothCriminal_xMan  over a year ago

Redditch

Get a vaccine.

Got a link for that ?"

Someone doesnt know how to read the data. Go get a vaccine and stop being a selfish person

ashford

"Most people who aren't taking the covid jab are not anti vaccination. They are simply thinking critically, taking into account the fact that this vaccine has been pushed through very quickly. The long term affects of the vaccine are unknown, so imagine you are yet to have children, or still have more than half your life to live. "

Exactly! My youngest granddaughter is 25 and has decided for this very reason not to have jabs! It's ok for us oldies! I've at best only 11 years left x

"Most people are concerned about long term effects of anything they take, be it medication or vaccines. However most also trust the advice of trained professionals who are experts in their field.

We aren't sheep, we just know when to trust experts.

We've been presented time and time again with evidence that the vaccines are working and they are safe.

Constant refusal to acknowledge this isn't "critical thought" or "open mindedness"."

Of course trust professionals but do you not think these professionals have been under immense pressure to come up with a vaccine quickly.

Yes we have been presented time and time again with safe vaccines, that have been tested rigourously. Now it's not to say this covid vaccine isn't safe, if I was a high risk person I would dive straight in. However Im not, so I choose to wait. This doesn't mean I am anti vax, this doesn't mean I don't trust science, this doesn't mean I think anyone is a sheep. It means I have made a decision.

Newcastle

Get a vaccine.

Are double jabbed

Think about it ...

The vaccine doesn’t stop you catching it, it hopefully stops you having bad enough symptoms to be hospitalised.

If that were true, which I do not believe it is then why are people panicking about people who have had covid and suffered mild symptoms pushed to be vaxxed?

If you are double vaxxed then as you say.... it may stop you getting bad symptoms

It makes no sense at all."

Because they think it's a miracle worker but not taking on board how serious the risks involved are to receive the vaccine basically a person is gambling with the vaccine it'll either help or kill you

Newcastle

Get a vaccine.

Got a link for that ?

Someone doesnt know how to read the data. Go get a vaccine and stop being a selfish person"

Who exactly is the selfish person who you are directed this to please I'd like to be further educated

Scunthorpe

Get a vaccine.

Are double jabbed

Think about it ...

Because they think it's a miracle worker but not taking on board how serious the risks involved are to receive the vaccine basically a person is gambling with the vaccine it'll either help or kill you"

Or much more likely it is because it is a well proven FACT that these vaccines are incredibly effective at reducing infections, transmissions & deaths whilst also being very safe. Or because they understand the simple concept that vaccines are the key to returning to normal.

Cal

Newcastle

Get a vaccine.

Are double jabbed

Think about it ...

Because they think it's a miracle worker but not taking on board how serious the risks involved are to receive the vaccine basically a person is gambling with the vaccine it'll either help or kill you

Or much more likely it is because it is a well proven FACT that these vaccines are incredibly effective at reducing infections, transmissions & deaths whilst also being very safe. Or because they understand the simple concept that vaccines are the key to returning to normal.

Cal"

Thanks for your feedback cal

But just like any drug which has either short term or long term effects which can also be life changing which is the case with all the drugs available on the market.

By *ayc_BigballsMan  over a year ago

Derby

Either help you or kill you

LOL

Like they are the only two options..

Is that a bit like, the sun will come up or it won’t?

No grey areas in life for you then!

Newcastle

"Either help you or kill you

LOL

Like they are the only two options..

Is that a bit like, the sun will come up or it won’t?

No grey areas in life for you then!"

Well it's offered. a person accepts or doesn't without notifying any risks rather than stating please read this before the vaccination if you still require the vaccine step up

Newcastle

Their is a saying always read the small print before signing but also if a person was unclear and was questionable to dig deeper to clarify

It is astonishing how far and deep the spread of social media misinformation, fearmongering and conspiracy theories have gone.

We're fighting 2 viruses right now. Covid and social media bullshit.

Please get a vaccine if you haven't yet had one. It will benefit you and others. If you have any doubts, read up on vaccines via the NHS. You can trust the NHS a hell of a lot more than some random theory you read about in the murky depths of social media.

By *bsinthe_boyMan  over a year ago

Luton

Get a vaccine.

Are double jabbed

Think about it ...

"

And 90% of those double jabbed people are not getting very sick because they got jabbed.

By *ndrew025Man  over a year ago

west lancs

Has anyone got any idea why the most vaccinated countries have the highest covid cases. Malta , Uk, Netherlands for the 2 month period the delta variant reached dominance,

ashford

Get a vaccine.

Got a link for that ?

Someone doesnt know how to read the data. Go get a vaccine and stop being a selfish person

Who exactly is the selfish person who you are directed this to please I'd like to be further educated"

Sick of all this childish name calling! Just let people make their own decisions stop calling people selfish! It's an adult site! Not a playground! Ffs! x

Newcastle

Get a vaccine.

Got a link for that ?

Who exactly is the selfish person who you are directed this to please I'd like to be further educated

Sick of all this childish name calling! Just let people make their own decisions stop calling people selfish! It's an adult site! Not a playground! Ffs! x"

Totally agree with you but if what that person said was directed at me firstly and secondly I've received both jabs but I also have a strong immune system and had the symptoms back in 2018 October, September onwards like many until it's announced in 2019 of a deadly virus people's bodies are able to produce antibodies like they do for other infection

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"Has anyone got any idea why the most vaccinated countries have the highest covid cases. Malta , Uk, Netherlands for the 2 month period the delta variant reached dominance, "

Population density could be one of several reasons

Scunthorpe

Get a vaccine.

Are double jabbed

Think about it ...

Cal

Thanks for your feedback cal

But just like any drug which has either short term or long term effects which can also be life changing which is the case with all the drugs available on the market."

But that's not actually true at all. All medication has a window of activity, a period over which it is able to interact before being metabolised by the body. In some cases this is as short as a couple of hours.

In the case of vaccines, data has shown us that 99% of adverse reactions occur within a couple of months. As the initial testing of these vaccines started well over a year ago, we have significant "long term" data available to backup the safety assurances.

In addition to all of that, the only part of these vaccines which haven't been in testing for many years (or decades) is the identifying protein fragment.

Cal

ashford

Get a vaccine.

Got a link for that ?

Sick of all this childish name calling! Just let people make their own decisions stop calling people selfish! It's an adult site! Not a playground! Ffs! x

Totally agree with you but if what that person said was directed at me firstly and secondly I've received both jabs but I also have a strong immune system and had the symptoms back in 2018 October, September onwards like many until it's announced in 2019 of a deadly virus people's bodies are able to produce antibodies like they do for other infection "

Yes sure I've had both!just dont see the need to keep name calling people! People need to do what they do and let others do what they do! We left the playground behind years ago! Well I did! at end of day calling people selfish etc wont suddenly make them change their mind from some random on a sex site lol and yes couple of people had it back in 2019 at work x

Newcastle

"Has anyone got any idea why the most vaccinated countries have the highest covid cases. Malta , Uk, Netherlands for the 2 month period the delta variant reached dominance,

Population density could be one of several reasons"

As well as

lifestyle choices

Sticking/Not to some kind of rules to avoid further spread.

You can only limit from control and contain

"Has anyone got any idea why the most vaccinated countries have the highest covid cases. Malta , Uk, Netherlands for the 2 month period the delta variant reached dominance,

As well as

lifestyle choices

You can only limit from control and contain"

Absolutely - another issue (within the EMEA) is that some cultures simply do a lot more family gatherings, hugs, kisses etc.

west lancs

As well as

lifestyle choices

You can only limit from control and contain"

Malta had a strict lockdown everyone wore masks social distancing etc and one of the leaders in the vaccine rollout. So many getting positives over there seem to be vaccinated whilst the unvaccinated are ok. Very strange in Malta at the minute

Newcastle

Get a vaccine.

Got a link for that ?

Totally agree with you but if what that person said was directed at me firstly and secondly I've received both jabs but I also have a strong immune system and had the symptoms back in 2018 October, September onwards like many until it's announced in 2019 of a deadly virus people's bodies are able to produce antibodies like they do for other infection

Yes sure I've had both!just dont see the need to keep name calling people! People need to do what they do and let others do what they do! We left the playground behind years ago! Well I did! at end of day calling people selfish etc wont suddenly make them change their mind from some random on a sex site lol and yes couple of people had it back in 2019 at work x"

Again I totally agree with you the nature of adulthood does really surprise me seems like a lot of people still need to do a lot of growing up and focus more on their lives and others,A term people used to use is have too much time on their hands x

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

"Get a jab, catch Covid.

Where do the numbers say there is a link between getting vaccinated and being more likely to get covid?

100% of people who have covid also drink water. Does this mean water causes covid?"

I knew it, it's that deadly compound dihydrogen monoxide

Newcastle

As well as

lifestyle choices

Malta had a strict lockdown everyone wore masks social distancing etc and one of the leaders in the vaccine rollout. So many getting positives over there seem to be vaccinated whilst the unvaccinated are ok. Very strange in Malta at the minute"

I understand the point your making about the mask which is very important but how often were people using the same mask thinking that they only need a mask and not thinking how often do you use a fresh one or even wash the filter if have any whilst people use the mask touch things touch the mask and so on spreading the virus/germs

Get a vaccine.

Bill Gates is that you?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I don't think people should brow beat other people to getting the vaccine and up until now my idea has been if they don't want it who am I to object

However, after thinking about this and looking at how many younger people are ending up in Hospital and a lot not vaccinated, if the Hospitals get overwhelmed with patients and someone my age needs hospital treatment, if there is no more room in the inn and they need to choose who to treat then the youngster would probably get the help over someone my age.

So I think I am changing my mind, if you get vaccinated we are all helping each other. Your own family or friends maybe in need of that last bed and it could be given to someone younger and unvaccinated, how would you feel then

"

Bill Gates is that you?"

Thank you I have now completed my bingo card

west lancs

As well as

lifestyle choices

Malta had a strict lockdown everyone wore masks social distancing etc and one of the leaders in the vaccine rollout. So many getting positives over there seem to be vaccinated whilst the unvaccinated are ok. Very strange in Malta at the minute

I understand the point your making about the mask which is very important but how often were people using the same mask thinking that they only need a mask and not thinking how often do you use a fresh one or even wash the filter if have any whilst people use the mask touch things touch the mask and so on spreading the virus/germs"

That’s the reason masks don’t work but that’s another discussion. The fact the double vaccinated are dominating infections but we are being told it’s an un vaccinated pandemic is strange. Most people I know vaccinated have tested positive this month but the other haven’t.

So many nhs staff including surgeons, GPS etc not even concerned about catching any virus through this got me questioning what’s going on.

I guess time will tell.

By *drianukMan  over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

"

Could you send a link with the data and evidence please?"

Can you send a link to evidence as to how many you think, please?

You have a 50/50 chance of getting cancer in your lifetime, brave of you to shun modern medicine and go without treatment.

As well as

lifestyle choices

I understand the point your making about the mask which is very important but how often were people using the same mask thinking that they only need a mask and not thinking how often do you use a fresh one or even wash the filter if have any whilst people use the mask touch things touch the mask and so on spreading the virus/germs

That’s the reason masks don’t work but that’s another discussion. The fact the double vaccinated are dominating infections but we are being told it’s an un vaccinated pandemic is strange. Most people I know vaccinated have tested positive this month but the other haven’t.

So many nhs staff including surgeons, GPS etc not even concerned about catching any virus through this got me questioning what’s going on.

I guess time will tell.

"

There are lots of NHS staff who aren't worried about being infected, how do you know this?

"

Malta had a strict lockdown everyone wore masks social distancing etc and one of the leaders in the vaccine rollout. So many getting positives over there seem to be vaccinated whilst the unvaccinated are ok. Very strange in Malta at the minute"

Hmmmm...

"The Malta Tourism Authority has clarified that anyone arriving to Malta without a valid vaccine certificate, will be subject to a two-week quarantine.

Malta is only accepting vaccination certificates for the four EMA-approved vaccines.

It said travellers will be subject to a mandatory quarantine in a hotel, which will come at a cost of €1,400 per room"

Newcastle

"I don't think people should brow beat other people to getting the vaccine and up until now my idea has been if they don't want it who am I to object

However, after thinking about this and looking at how many younger people are ending up in Hospital and a lot not vaccinated, if the Hospitals get overwhelmed with patients and someone my age needs hospital treatment, if there is no more room in the inn and they need to choose who to treat then the youngster would probably get the help over someone my age.

So I think I am changing my mind, if you get vaccinated we are all helping each other. Your own family or friends maybe in need of that last bed and it could be given to someone younger and unvaccinated, how would you feel then"

I agree with you we already have a huge backlog of patients awaiting, requiring treatment in hospital then theirs those who aren't in hospital but awaiting then theirs the new cases who also would need treatment and in-between people's symptoms could be getting worse or even to far gone to get the treatment they had been waiting for.

Be kind be mindful

[Removed by poster at 17/07/21 16:33:25]

Spain, Lancs

"I don't think people should brow beat other people to getting the vaccine and up until now my idea has been if they don't want it who am I to object

So I think I am changing my mind, if you get vaccinated we are all helping each other. Your own family or friends maybe in need of that last bed and it could be given to someone younger and unvaccinated, how would you feel then

I agree with you we already have a huge backlog of patients awaiting, requiring treatment in hospital then theirs those who aren't in hospital but awaiting then theirs the new cases who also would need treatment and in-between people's symptoms could be getting worse or even to far gone to get the treatment they had been waiting for.

Be kind be mindful"

I read that last month only 1.5% of intensive care beds in the UK were occupied by coronavirus patients.

I don't suppose it's gone up by much since

Newcastle

"

Can you send a link to evidence as to how many you think, please?"

I never read this information online it was on the television BBC news at the bottom was the stats whilst the news reader was talking to a guy whose daughter died from the vaccine

I think that after the over amplified voice of disinformation has now died down, people are thinking more logically as they feel less threatened. Several of my associates have opted to have it recently after previously having doubts. All of them saw people they knew getting seriously ill, many of them hospitalised, and thought "no thanks". This guy interviewed on the BBC sums it up well. Common sense and a long history of people being protected by vaccinations is prevailing, even amongst those previously hesitant to be protected, as they see their options being closed down in terms of health and freedom to travel whilst infecting others. We don't have the "freedom" to roar past other peoples' house at 150mph without consequences. Why should we have the "freedom" to make vulnerable people who cannot medically be given an inoculation ill, because we believe utter claptrap with zero evidence to back it up over science? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-57866661

"

I guess time will tell.

"

Not bothered?

I had an appt at a hospital last week....everyone was required to wear a *new* surgical mask, the clinicians were wearing those too. The technicians wore masks and screens. I had a tooth out a month ago. The dental surgeon wore a facescreen with air provided from a body-worn air pump...and no vapour of droplet-generating treatments are use....no mouth washing after either.

I'd say that after over 1000 med staff have died, they're treating it seriously. Funnily enough, staff in ICU/HDU wear decent FFP3 respirators. Which work quite well...

As for it being an un-vaccinated pandemic.....this was actually forecast...vaccine-escape happens....some people do not generate antibodies, and some that do, don't have a very good T cell activation (old people are prone to this, the ageing process is responsible (which starts at puberty))

A suggestion is that people don't read the type of sebsite that has sprung-up, spouting "they're all killing you" vaccine tripe.

Fortunately, those that believe this stuff tend to get ill and pass away. Darwin was right.

Newcastle

Be kind be mindful

I read that last month only 1.5% of intensive care beds in the UK were occupied by coronavirus patients.

I don't suppose it's gone up by much since"

Yes but even by that they the hospital aren't going to be offering appointments then stuck not having beds should their be needed for people infected with the virus most of the hospital had a clear out of patients so their was enough room and more

Spain, Lancs

"

I never read this information online it was on the television BBC news at the bottom was the stats whilst the news reader was talking to a guy whose daughter died from the vaccine "

How old was the daughter? As of May only three children had died in the UK of coronavirus. ALL had pre-existing comorbidities. Not A SINGLE healthy child had died.

Does anyone know if that figure has changed?

Spain, Lancs

Be kind be mindful

I don't suppose it's gone up by much since

Yes but even by that they the hospital aren't going to be offering appointments then stuck not having beds should their be needed for people infected with the virus most of the hospital had a clear out of patients so their was enough room and more"

Does anyone know what percentage of intensive care beds are now occupied by people with coronavirus?

By *ajobMan  over a year ago

Newtownabbey

Get a vaccine.

Got a link for that ?

It was on BBC news on BBC 2 in the morning while the news reader was talking with the guy who lost his daughter due to the vaccine the stats were at the bottom I think read 2.7 vaccinated and 27000 deaths"

This would eqyate to 1 in 1000 dying....thats bullshit

west lancs

As well as

lifestyle choices

I guess time will tell.

There are lots of NHS staff who aren't worried about being infected, how do you know this?"

I meet them everyday at their homes. One surgeon had his 8 month pregnant wife with him. Didn’t ask me to wear a mask didn’t have one on himself or his wife and when asked he wasn’t concerned. This is a daily occurrence from doctors etc. My local GP was on Social media with his mask on outside a vaccine centre then later on thought it was ok to go to a restaurant without a mask to get his tea. Countless staff have been milking the nhs pretending to be sick making life hell for the ones left dealing with day to day things in the hospital. The whole thing stinks. They said the main hospital here was bursting they had 5 covid patients at the time. It’s one thing after another with them.

Spain, Lancs

As well as

lifestyle choices

I guess time will tell.

There are lots of NHS staff who aren't worried about being infected, how do you know this?

I meet them everyday at their homes. One surgeon had his 8 month pregnant wife with him. Didn’t ask me to wear a mask didn’t have one on himself or his wife and when asked he wasn’t concerned. This is a daily occurrence from doctors etc. My local GP was on Social media with his mask on outside a vaccine centre then later on thought it was ok to go to a restaurant without a mask to get his tea. Countless staff have been milking the nhs pretending to be sick making life hell for the ones left dealing with day to day things in the hospital. The whole thing stinks. They said the main hospital here was bursting they had 5 covid patients at the time. It’s one thing after another with them. "

They were all supposed to be bursting at the seams.

west lancs

As well as

lifestyle choices

I guess time will tell.

I meet them everyday at their homes. One surgeon had his 8 month pregnant wife with him. Didn’t ask me to wear a mask didn’t have one on himself or his wife and when asked he wasn’t concerned. This is a daily occurrence from doctors etc. My local GP was on Social media with his mask on outside a vaccine centre then later on thought it was ok to go to a restaurant without a mask to get his tea. Countless staff have been milking the nhs pretending to be sick making life hell for the ones left dealing with day to day things in the hospital. The whole thing stinks. They said the main hospital here was bursting they had 5 covid patients at the time. It’s one thing after another with them.

They were all supposed to be bursting at the seams. "

Overall hospital admissions ended up following the average for the year. What’s the chances of that?

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

Interesting link regarding vaccine "deaths" https://fullfact.org/online/1102-vaccine-adr-death/

also the figure I belive that has been quoted as just 2.7 should be 2.3billion vaccines administered world wide

Spain, Lancs

As well as

lifestyle choices

I guess time will tell.

Overall hospital admissions ended up following the average for the year. What’s the chances of that? "

Very interesting and relevant

Newcastle

"

I never read this information online it was on the television BBC news at the bottom was the stats whilst the news reader was talking to a guy whose daughter died from the vaccine

How old was the daughter? As of May only three children had died in the UK of coronavirus. ALL had pre-existing comorbidities. Not A SINGLE healthy child had died.

Does anyone know if that figure has changed?"

Hi I did hear as had volume low I was between a call and viewing the television but the stats read 2.7 vaccinated I think but had 27000 deaths after that written along side unsure which period it might be suggesting but assuming that It was the news for that day the data would also be to date, so could be a round figure.

As well as

lifestyle choices

I guess time will tell.

Overall hospital admissions ended up following the average for the year. What’s the chances of that? "

Given that most hospitals run at a minimum of 85% capacity year round and they had to close some beds in order to reconfigure wards I’d say it’s a pretty high chance.

west lancs

As well as

lifestyle choices

I guess time will tell.

Overall hospital admissions ended up following the average for the year. What’s the chances of that?

Given that most hospitals run at a minimum of 85% capacity year round and they had to close some beds in order to reconfigure wards I’d say it’s a pretty high chance."

Ok I’ll leave it at that

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

Get a vaccine.

Are double jabbed

Think about it ...

Because they think it's a miracle worker but not taking on board how serious the risks involved are to receive the vaccine basically a person is gambling with the vaccine it'll either help or kill you"

There isn't a 50/50 chance it will help or kill you. This is blatantly untrue and spreading crap like this will get people killed. It's irresponsible.

By *retty womanWoman  over a year ago

Near Bournemouth

"Reposting a bit here from another thread. I think it's an important counter to a v common point generally spread via social media:

If enough people refuse vaccines, the overall effect is nowhere near as good. Even worse, a large pool of people who are not vaccinated gives a disease far more chances to spread and mutate. That can be really bad. If a mutation occurs that's unaffected by current vaccines, we're all in the shit."

So you're saying it should be mandatory?

BTW in double jabbed. So not against having it.

I do not understand why people still say masks do not work.

The mask is not designed to stop Covid - it could not.

The masks are there to reduce pathogenic droplets and they are but one defence in the layered defence that we need to continue to apply. If masks "did not work" surgeons could do away with them during operations, paediatric nurses could leave them off when handling vulnerable new-borns - period.

Washing hands is another one.

Keeping distance is another one.

None of the measures including the vaccines are 100% fool-proof in their own right.

By *up1downCouple  over a year ago

leamington spa

Well said hedonistic site lol

You all need to wake up

Dudley

You all need to wake up "

I'm wide awake but some people make me wish I wasn't.

You all need to wake up

I'm wide awake but some people make me wish I wasn't. "

That's hysterically funny and made me laugh

By *up1downCouple  over a year ago

leamington spa

You all need to wake up

I'm wide awake but some people make me wish I wasn't. "

Yes I know what you mean !!! Just take the blue pill every thing will be fine

Save the kids

Dudley

You all need to wake up

I'm wide awake but some people make me wish I wasn't. That's hysterically funny and made me laugh "

Dudley

You all need to wake up

I'm wide awake but some people make me wish I wasn't.

Yes I know what you mean !!! Just take the blue pill every thing will be fine

Save the kids "

I can guarantee you have no idea what I mean.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

[Removed by poster at 17/07/21 20:09:17]

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Hi I did hear as had volume low I was between a call and viewing the television but the stats read 2.7 vaccinated I think but had 27000 deaths after that written along side unsure which period it might be suggesting but assuming that It was the news for that day the data would also be to date, so could be a round figure."

So this has gone from there has been 27000 deaths after a covid jab to not sure as I was on a call and didn't read all of what it said, just saw 27000 deaths.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

You know Admin don't mind people discussing Covid and the whys and wherefores of it including having different views on it....but if you are going to make claims of figures and stats, please show the link (if it is allowed )rather than what you think has been said.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Presumably the jab doesmt make you immortal..so you could have 2 jabs and die from something else?

A bit different than the vaccine killing you?

Newcastle

Get a vaccine.

Are double jabbed

Think about it ...

There isn't a 50/50 chance it will help or kill you. This is blatantly untrue and spreading crap like this will get people killed. It's irresponsible."

Please explain.

As it is Those whom received the vaccine and died from clots or an adverse reaction which had an impact on their Ill health aren't you familiar with this

Newcastle

"

Hi I did hear as had volume low I was between a call and viewing the television but the stats read 2.7 vaccinated I think but had 27000 deaths after that written along side unsure which period it might be suggesting but assuming that It was the news for that day the data would also be to date, so could be a round figure.

So this has gone from there has been 27000 deaths after a covid jab to not sure as I was on a call and didn't read all of what it said, just saw 27000 deaths.

"

Nope what was written on television at the time of the BBC news on BBC 2 at the bottom it read that figure blame the production team

Dudley

Get a vaccine.

Are double jabbed

Think about it ...

There isn't a 50/50 chance it will help or kill you. This is blatantly untrue and spreading crap like this will get people killed. It's irresponsible.

Please explain.

As it is Those whom received the vaccine and died from clots or an adverse reaction which had an impact on their Ill health aren't you familiar with this"

OK I'll explain. You keep making comments implying the vaccines are unsafe, this is untrue. Saying its a gamble taking the vaccine is also untrue, the vast majority of people have no or very minor side effects. Unfortunately, as with any vaccine or medication, there will be a very small minority that get more serious side effects that may result in death.

The blatant fear mongering you continue on with is neither helpful nor accurate, it's dangerous, you could convince someone for to take a vaccine, potentially causing them to become severely ill, permanently disabled or die.

If you have real facts and figures that you can back up with evidence, share them, but saying 'oh, I saw something on the news but I wasn't really concentrating' is not a basis for you to tell people the vaccines aren't safe. It's irresponsible.

Dudley

Get a vaccine.

Are double jabbed

Think about it ...

Please explain.

As it is Those whom received the vaccine and died from clots or an adverse reaction which had an impact on their Ill health aren't you familiar with this

OK I'll explain. You keep making comments implying the vaccines are unsafe, this is untrue. Saying its a gamble taking the vaccine is also untrue, the vast majority of people have no or very minor side effects. Unfortunately, as with any vaccine or medication, there will be a very small minority that get more serious side effects that may result in death.

The blatant fear mongering you continue on with is neither helpful nor accurate, it's dangerous, you could convince someone not to take a vaccine, potentially causing them to become severely ill, permanently disabled or die.

If you have real facts and figures that you can back up with evidence, share them, but saying 'oh, I saw something on the news but I wasn't really concentrating' is not a basis for you to tell people the vaccines aren't safe. It's irresponsible. "

Fixed an auto correct

Newcastle

Get a vaccine.

Are double jabbed

Think about it ...

Please explain.

The blatant fear mongering you continue on with is neither helpful nor accurate, it's dangerous, you could convince someone for to take a vaccine, potentially causing them to become severely ill, permanently disabled or die.

If you have real facts and figures that you can back up with evidence, share them, but saying 'oh, I saw something on the news but I wasn't really concentrating' is not a basis for you to tell people the vaccines aren't safe. It's irresponsible. "

Well your implying that it is safe is also untrue could you explain why so many people died either from clots or adverse reaction to the vaccine due to ill health or other complications you on the other hand without knowing about a person's health history could cause their death as much as anyone else advising that they should get the vaccine, I never at one point say I wasn't concentrating I had the volume low because I was on a call but still viewing the television.

You make it sound like everything online is very accurate I'd rather listen to first hand which is also questionable to make things more clearer

Dudley

Get a vaccine.

Are double jabbed

Think about it ...

Please explain.

If you have real facts and figures that you can back up with evidence, share them, but saying 'oh, I saw something on the news but I wasn't really concentrating' is not a basis for you to tell people the vaccines aren't safe. It's irresponsible.

Well your implying that it is safe is also untrue could you explain why so many people died either from clots or adverse reaction to the vaccine due to ill health or other complications you on the other hand without knowing about a person's health history could cause their death as much as anyone else advising that they should get the vaccine, I never at one point say I wasn't concentrating I had the volume low because I was on a call but still viewing the television.

You make it sound like everything online is very accurate I'd rather listen to first hand which is also questionable to make things more clearer"

There is mountains of data backing up what I said, that the vaccines are safe for the vast majority of people.

Again, please show me the data that proves 'so many' people have died from adverse reactions, I'm not saying it hasn't happened, I'm telling you that a very small minority maybe have deadly reactions to them, as with any drug/vaccine in history.

Get a vaccine.

Are double jabbed

Think about it ...

Please explain.

You make it sound like everything online is very accurate I'd rather listen to first hand which is also questionable to make things more clearer

There is mountains of data backing up what I said, that the vaccines are safe for the vast majority of people.

Again, please show me the data that proves 'so many' people have died from adverse reactions, I'm not saying it hasn't happened, I'm telling you that a very small minority maybe have deadly reactions to them, as with any drug/vaccine in history. "

Nearly everyone takes Paracetamol, which can have lots of rare side effects. It doesn't stop millions of people daily taking it. The vast majority have no negative or long lasting ill effects.

The vaccines are in the same ballpark. I felt ill with my first vaccine for just over a day, however I've felt more ill at other points in my life than that before. Imagine how many times worse the virus could hit you or someone. The vaccine is well worth the incredibly small risk. No treatment is 100% for everyone, very few things in life are we still use or take them.

Starting to think we should have a sticky post at the top of the virus forum that links to the NHS website, explaining vaccines and why they are so important.

So many people seem to misunderstand or deliberately misconstrue information about vaccines. This will cost lives.

Get a vaccine.

The vaccine does offer protection. It may not be 100% foolproof but what is in life.

But there doesn't seem to be any doubt that it does, as with other vaccines we have all taken from childhood onwards, it does offer protection from Covid and saves lives.

Those who deny this and protest the 'I'm all right I don't need it' are selfish and delusional people who only think of themselves.

I have met many people like this over my lifetime and have always been if the opinion that they are selfish lonely people and are ones who will end their life this way, selfish and lonely.

Those of us that choose to take the vaccine to not only protect ourselves and others can say we have done our bit.

These people/things that refuse to help society for purely selfish and ideology reasons are quite plainly just not very nice or the free thinking people they think they are.

Newcastle

Get a vaccine.

Are double jabbed

Think about it ...

Please explain.

Again, please show me the data that proves 'so many' people have died from adverse reactions, I'm not saying it hasn't happened, I'm telling you that a very small minority maybe have deadly reactions to them, as with any drug/vaccine in history. "

Now it's vast majority and nobody knows who these are doesn't make it accurate for safe for all which is a very important thing to think about when advising others to get the jab which could possibly in -danger their health and be life threating nobody clearly knows how healthy they might be given at times might be unwell and decided to take for example a paracetamol or pain relief but hasn't been explored as the person assuming that it was nothing serious so won't be any medical records.

As for the data if I could remember which day it was I'd be happy to share that information,don't know if the article for the BBC news would show the stats but looking back on the previous news live would as I mentioned it was on BBC 2 in the morning last few days ago hope this helps I might try looking for it to provide a link to clear things up.

"

Now it's vast majority and nobody knows who these are doesn't make it accurate for safe for all which is a very important thing to think about when advising others to get the jab which could possibly in -danger their health and be life threating nobody clearly knows how healthy they might be given at times might be unwell and decided to take for example a paracetamol or pain relief but hasn't been explored as the person assuming that it was nothing serious so won't be any medical records.

As for the data if I could remember which day it was I'd be happy to share that information,don't know if the article for the BBC news would show the stats but looking back on the previous news live would as I mentioned it was on BBC 2 in the morning last few days ago hope this helps I might try looking for it to provide a link to clear things up."

If you cannot prove it via reputable links/data, please go back to your anti-vax bot farm

"

As for the data if I could remember which day it was I'd be happy to share that information,don't know if the article for the BBC news would show the stats but looking back on the previous news live would as I mentioned it was on BBC 2 in the morning last few days ago hope this helps I might try looking for it to provide a link to clear things up.

If you cannot prove it via reputable links/data, please go back to your anti-vax bot farm"

I was going to reply to that post myself but it was that incoherent that I wasn't sure what jibberish I would be replying to??

Newcastle

"

If you cannot prove it via reputable links/data, please go back to your anti-vax bot farm"

Excuse me what planet are you on did I ever say I was anti Vax but I do remember saying that I have received both jabs and living on a farm would be one of the safest places

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

"

I never read this information online it was on the television BBC news at the bottom was the stats whilst the news reader was talking to a guy whose daughter died from the vaccine "

But it wasn’t as no evidence anywhere of anything like this number.

Deaths from Covid before vaccines - more than 1,000 a day at times, deaths from Covid after vaccines down to the 10’s. Denying vaccines will lead to more deaths than taking them.

By all means choose not to, but it is undeniably selfish as millions have taken the risk to help their fellow Brits.

Don’t pretend it is because of some made up fact - own your selfishness.

Newcastle

Now I apologize for not seeing it properly on the news and incorrectly on here vision and distance not a strong point so I'll clear up my mess like a man as I've understood what I couldn't hear or see properly the vaccine has helped against 2.7 million infections and deaths the article was about Lisa it was her husband who was on the news discussing that people should be given a choice of vaccine given the clots rather than your unfit to receive the vaccine my apologies once again.

Get a vaccine.

Hahahaha you gotta laugh 27000 deaths from the vaccine, what an idiot, hahahaha

"Now I apologize for not seeing it properly on the news and incorrectly on here vision and distance not a strong point so I'll clear up my mess like a man as I've understood what I couldn't hear or see properly the vaccine has helped against 2.7 million infections and deaths the article was about Lisa it was her husband who was on the news discussing that people should be given a choice of vaccine given the clots rather than your unfit to receive the vaccine my apologies once again."

It makes a nice change to see somebody openly say such a thing. People normally just dig in and argue. Good for you.

Newcastle

Get a vaccine.

Hahahaha you gotta laugh 27000 deaths from the vaccine, what an idiot, hahahaha"

Dude I'm a guy I might be good but when you have someone shouting down your ear hole over the phone and trying to figure out what's going on with what's on the news and since the pandemic have had all hospitals appointments cancelled re eye tests and further investigation as it's still unexplained but everything else works fine

Dudley

"Now I apologize for not seeing it properly on the news and incorrectly on here vision and distance not a strong point so I'll clear up my mess like a man as I've understood what I couldn't hear or see properly the vaccine has helped against 2.7 million infections and deaths the article was about Lisa it was her husband who was on the news discussing that people should be given a choice of vaccine given the clots rather than your unfit to receive the vaccine my apologies once again."

Fair play for coming and admitting you got it wrong. Everyone makes mistakes, unfortunately, mistakes like this in the current pandemic can be very dangerous, hence why I was so adamant you were wrong.

I think what you may have seen is that they think the vaccines have saved 27000 lives and prevented 7.2 million infections approximately.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/covid-19-vaccines-have-prevented-7-2-million-infections-and-27-000-deaths

The vaccines really are doing great things, as with anything in life, there are risks involved, however, the benefits far outweigh the risks for the vast majority of people regarding being vaccinated.

Newcastle

"Now I apologize for not seeing it properly on the news and incorrectly on here vision and distance not a strong point so I'll clear up my mess like a man as I've understood what I couldn't hear or see properly the vaccine has helped against 2.7 million infections and deaths the article was about Lisa it was her husband who was on the news discussing that people should be given a choice of vaccine given the clots rather than your unfit to receive the vaccine my apologies once again.

It makes a nice change to see somebody openly say such a thing. People normally just dig in and argue. Good for you. "

Thank you I'm as I am on my profile

Newcastle

"Now I apologize for not seeing it properly on the news and incorrectly on here vision and distance not a strong point so I'll clear up my mess like a man as I've understood what I couldn't hear or see properly the vaccine has helped against 2.7 million infections and deaths the article was about Lisa it was her husband who was on the news discussing that people should be given a choice of vaccine given the clots rather than your unfit to receive the vaccine my apologies once again.

Fair play for coming and admitting you got it wrong. Everyone makes mistakes, unfortunately, mistakes like this in the current pandemic can be very dangerous, hence why I was so adamant you were wrong.

I think what you may have seen is that they think the vaccines have saved 27000 lives and prevented 7.2 million infections approximately.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/covid-19-vaccines-have-prevented-7-2-million-infections-and-27-000-deaths

The vaccines really are doing great things, as with anything in life, there are risks involved, however, the benefits far outweigh the risks for the vast majority of people regarding being vaccinated. "

Thanks darling I never provide incorrect information this was a genuine mistake because of my vision and distraction and I understand how important the vaccine has been by cutting down the deaths of the elderly who would be more vulnerable.

Im glad I was able to correct my mistake because would've played with my thinking and obviously those who might have read took that information on board I couldn't live with the guilt as I have a conscience 27000 prevented deaths and 2.7 infection the vaccine has helped.

By *rct4Man  over a year ago

Dublin

who and organisations say we will be safe when everyone is vaccinated , to be realistic that's never going to happen in a lot of countries is it?

Newcastle

"who and organisations say we will be safe when everyone is vaccinated , to be realistic that's never going to happen in a lot of countries is it? "

I myself think it might get worse given different strains of the virus and people traveling abroad back and forth it's not how to control a global pandemic vaccinated or not as the virus might find a way around the vaccine if it's possible

Dudley

The vaccines really are doing great things, as with anything in life, there are risks involved, however, the benefits far outweigh the risks for the vast majority of people regarding being vaccinated.

Thanks darling I never provide incorrect information this was a genuine mistake because of my vision and distraction and I understand how important the vaccine has been by cutting down the deaths of the elderly who would be more vulnerable.

Im glad I was able to correct my mistake because would've played with my thinking and obviously those who might have read took that information on board I couldn't live with the guilt as I have a conscience 27000 prevented deaths and 2.7 infection the vaccine has helped."

Well, I'm sorry if I was abit blunt, I feel very strongly about the importance of anyone who can, having a vaccine.

Newcastle

Im glad I was able to correct my mistake because would've played with my thinking and obviously those who might have read took that information on board I couldn't live with the guilt as I have a conscience 27000 prevented deaths and 2.7 infection the vaccine has helped.

Well, I'm sorry if I was abit blunt, I feel very strongly about the importance of anyone who can, having a vaccine. "

No need to honestly I'm glad you were because it made me recheck the information plus I'm similar as I care to

Dudley

Well, I'm sorry if I was abit blunt, I feel very strongly about the importance of anyone who can, having a vaccine.

No need to honestly I'm glad you were because it made me recheck the information plus I'm similar as I care to "

Scunthorpe

Interestingly... looking at the statistics on ONS, the majority of new cases testing positive are within the Under 24's age groups. Those are obviously people who are least likely to have been completely vaccinated yet.

Cal

Spain, Lancs

Am I the only one that thinks it is BS...that, as soon as it appears to be beaten, a new 'variant' will be pushed to the fore so as to keep us in various degrees of lockdown for a long time yet?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

If enough people refuse vaccines, the overall effect is nowhere near as good. Even worse, a large pool of people who are not vaccinated gives a disease far more chances to spread and mutate. That can be really bad. If a mutation occurs that's unaffected by current vaccines, we're all in the shit.I'm all for vaccines, I've had both jabs. However, I'm not on board with the constant shaming of those who choose not to get it.

Has there been any proof that vaccination will stop mutation, given that you can still be infected while vaccinated surely the risk for mutation is still the same?"

Mutations are part of the 'life' of viruses, if we are to consider them alive. But as fewer vaccinated people get infected and as vaccinated people infect fewer people too, you have reduced the opportunities for mutation by a substantial amount.

Dudley

"Am I the only one that thinks it is BS...that, as soon as it appears to be beaten, a new 'variant' will be pushed to the fore so as to keep us in various degrees of lockdown for a long time yet?"

So do you think the new variants are not real? Or the whole virus isn't real?

Spain, Lancs

"Am I the only one that thinks it is BS...that, as soon as it appears to be beaten, a new 'variant' will be pushed to the fore so as to keep us in various degrees of lockdown for a long time yet?

So do you think the new variants are not real? Or the whole virus isn't real?"

There is coronavirus. But there is a huge overreaction going on

Dudley

"Am I the only one that thinks it is BS...that, as soon as it appears to be beaten, a new 'variant' will be pushed to the fore so as to keep us in various degrees of lockdown for a long time yet?

There is coronavirus. But there is a huge overreaction going on"

Would you say that to people who've lost someone to covid? Or a child who is suffering with long covid?

I think (and it is my personal belief, based on what I read in the UK and abroad:

There were some adverse reactions with several of the vaccines. And some people sadly died.

Nobody, including governments and scientists can forecast with any degree of certainty what the long-term implications of the vaccines will be. Granted.

In light of the pandemic, having 2 jabs of a vaccine was still the most sensible outcome of my personal risk assessment.

Spain, Lancs

Would you say that to people who've lost someone to covid? Or a child who is suffering with long covid? "

Ridiculous question and totally irrelevant.

People die of all sorts of things. We have to look at how many are dying, what they are dying of. To what extent is the death rate different from the long-term death rate? Then we consider how we should react.

Should the fact that someone has died ...as you suggest above... prevent us from looking at all the factors? I'm glad doctors aren't such emotionalists

Dudley

Would you say that to people who've lost someone to covid? Or a child who is suffering with long covid?

People die of all sorts of things. We have to look at how many are dying, what they are dying of. To what extent is the death rate different from the long-term death rate? Then we consider how we should react.

Should the fact that someone has died ...as you suggest above... prevent us from looking at all the factors? I'm glad doctors aren't such emotionalists"

I was referring to you saying there's a huge overreaction going on, I'm sure those people who lost someone or are suffering with long covid would not agree.

Spain, Lancs

Should the fact that someone has died ...as you suggest above... prevent us from looking at all the factors? I'm glad doctors aren't such emotionalists

I was referring to you saying there's a huge overreaction going on, I'm sure those people who lost someone or are suffering with long covid would not agree."

I still fail to see your questions relevance and feel it was an empty appeal to emotionalism

Do those who say “ go tell that to the family who lost someone to Covid suggest that smokers go “ explain their right to smoke “ to families who lost someone to lung cancer. Do they run along beach’s Shouting “ what about those who died of skin cancer “

It’s just nonsense., but it’s where we now are in this tribalism.

ashford

"Do those who say “ go tell that to the family who lost someone to Covid suggest that smokers go “ explain their right to smoke “ to families who lost someone to lung cancer. Do they run along beach’s Shouting “ what about those who died of skin cancer “

It’s just nonsense., but it’s where we now are in this tribalism."

Very well put! X

Dudley

[Removed by poster at 18/07/21 19:48:51]

Dudley

I was referring to you saying there's a huge overreaction going on, I'm sure those people who lost someone or are suffering with long covid would not agree.

I still fail to see your questions relevance and feel it was an empty appeal to emotionalism

That's fine, if you don't understand the need for empathy in such a situation, you carry on. "

Dudley

"Do those who say “ go tell that to the family who lost someone to Covid suggest that smokers go “ explain their right to smoke “ to families who lost someone to lung cancer. Do they run along beach’s Shouting “ what about those who died of skin cancer “

It’s just nonsense., but it’s where we now are in this tribalism."

If someone was to say that cancer deaths and cases were an over reaction, yes I damn well would ask them if they would repeat that to someone suffering with cancer or a relative who lost someone to cancer.

If you think empathy and care is tribalism, I don't think I'm the one with the issue here.

Spain, Lancs

That's fine, if you don't understand the need for empathy in such a situation, you carry on. "

What makes you think I 'dont have empathy'?

Dudley

That's fine, if you don't understand the need for empathy in such a situation, you carry on.

What makes you think I 'dont have empathy'?

"

Well that's not what I said but carry on putting words in my mouth, never stopped you before.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

It is getting tedious to keep labouring a point and getting no further, please stop

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Back to the OP

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

As a lay person, it seems to me that vaccination is the easiest and most effective thing in my arsenal to help bring this crisis to an end. I'm glad I've played my part.

» Add a new message to this topic