Manchester (she/her)

5-6 weeks

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

"September

I think this too"

Same here

Depending upon with this sunshine we have if things have escalated in cases but with that said Boris has already stated we'll have deaths so it's like carry on regardless.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"They wont be"

This. We have set a very clear path to start living with this disease.

By *orset.JMan  over a year ago

Weymouth

1st week in August- reopening is going to cause a massive/ unprecedented surge in cases.

Major risk of someone politically important/ militarily/ elderly member of the monarchy becoming very ill and this could be politically disastrous for the government.

By *asIsaCouple  over a year ago

harrow

"They wont be

This. We have set a very clear path to start living with this disease."

No chance unfortunately. Depends what the OP means by lockdown though - full lockdown like last March? Doubt that but I think close to that by early September- just a question of whether the schools will be closed or not

When the public hold Boris accountable for his reckless plan and total incompetence. Monday has disaster all over it. I won't be rushing out on Covid Infection Freedom Day.

By *orset.JMan  over a year ago

Weymouth

"When the public hold Boris accountable for his reckless plan and total incompetence. Monday has disaster all over it. I won't be rushing out on Covid Infection Freedom Day. "

Boris could be self isolating by then also

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

Depends on how the public acts....think it's ok to carry on as before covid, then yes a lockdown of some description is possible. A lot of people I speak to say they will stIll be cautious, wear masks when they feel they need to and keep their distance...if this is widespread we should avoid it.

By *sBlue OP   Woman  over a year ago

Up North

"Depends on how the public acts....think it's ok to carry on as before covid, then yes a lockdown of some description is possible. A lot of people I speak to say they will stIll be cautious, wear masks when they feel they need to and keep their distance...if this is widespread we should avoid it."

But a lot won’t

By *nicecoupleXCouple  over a year ago

Hitch

"They will impose lockdown again? "

September, prob for around 10 months so enjoy the few weeks freedom while you have it. And now they know everyone complies like lost sheep they wont have to really give a reason , maybe covid Iceland variant that's 100000x more transmissible, maybe monkeypox or some made up name

The rich get richer , the poor poorer, small the medium businesses wreaked , amazon and big tech expand. Suicides skyrocket, drug and drink problems skyrocket, people die from cancer as no treatments will happen because of a flu you have 99.97 % chance of surviving. More if you are not obesse.

It truly is clown world #honkhonk

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

"Depends on how the public acts....think it's ok to carry on as before covid, then yes a lockdown of some description is possible. A lot of people I speak to say they will stIll be cautious, wear masks when they feel they need to and keep their distance...if this is widespread we should avoid it.

But a lot won’t "

....and that's the problem

"They will impose lockdown again?

September, prob for around 10 months so enjoy the few weeks freedom while you have it. And now they know everyone complies like lost sheep they wont have to really give a reason , maybe covid Iceland variant that's 100000x more transmissible, maybe monkeypox or some made up name

The rich get richer , the poor poorer, small the medium businesses wreaked , amazon and big tech expand. Suicides skyrocket, drug and drink problems skyrocket, people die from cancer as no treatments will happen because of a flu you have 99.97 % chance of surviving. More if you are not obesse.

"

I don't think it's a clown world. Its called reality. It is what it is as they say. I don't think people are sheep in the way you describe. They all have the right to choose and given the circumstances abd the facts as we know and are told, have made their minds up to do what they think is right. Those people being the majority of the population. Its nothing about sheep. It's being sensible and using common sense and the will to survive.

By *nicecoupleXCouple  over a year ago

Hitch

"When the public hold Boris accountable for his reckless plan and total incompetence. Monday has disaster all over it. I won't be rushing out on Covid Infection Freedom Day. "

You are double jabbed i take it? What exactly are you worried about ?

There won't ever be anougher from Monday everything back to normal, the virus is going know where it's here for ever or untill scientists over come it with even better vaccinations, so time to get on with life and I'm looking forward to it.

I think it will be October, in line with flu season, unless a new, more aggressive variant arrives. Then it will be sooner.

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

"When the public hold Boris accountable for his reckless plan and total incompetence. Monday has disaster all over it. I won't be rushing out on Covid Infection Freedom Day.

You are double jabbed i take it? What exactly are you worried about ?"

Some people aren't just thinking of themselves.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

The devil will be skating to work when that happens.

By *onkyLemonsCouple  over a year ago

Nottingham

"September "

Yup! Just in time for the kids to go back to school …

"When the public hold Boris accountable for his reckless plan and total incompetence. Monday has disaster all over it. I won't be rushing out on Covid Infection Freedom Day.

You are double jabbed i take it? What exactly are you worried about ?"

Not for a few weeks until I can get my second Jab. Also Covid has a much higher risk of death or long term illness than the flu. To say it's 99.7% survivable is not true. It currently stands around 98% on the number of closed cases globally. 2% might not sound like a lot but 2% equals over 4M deaths already globally from the virus so far. Boris' reckless action is a danger to public health even beyond the UK.

Some people aren't just thinking of themselves. "

My point exactly. Even with my one jab I'm unlikely to die, but if I become infected I could unknowingly and unwillingly pass the virus on to those could die or suffer badly as a result.

This isn't a time to be selfish.

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

When the schools and Unis go back in September i suspect.

Back to non essential shops / bars / pubs etc closed.

this is going to be a summer of madness all round, why people are wanting this 'freedom' is beyond me, i would much rather be safe for a bit longer.

On freedom day don't come near me without a mask !

Dudley

My point exactly. Even with my one jab I'm unlikely to die, but if I become infected I could unknowingly and unwillingly pass the virus on to those could die or suffer badly as a result.

This isn't a time to be selfish."

Exactly, covid has brought out the worst in some people.

Exactly, covid has brought out the worst in some people. "

Keeley you're on my people to hug list, lovely

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I think they will start back track.. mask mandates will come back for anything indoors

Dudley

Keeley you're on my people to hug list, lovely "

Thanks, I think

Keeley you're on my people to hug list, lovely

Thanks, I think "

I give awesome hugs

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

4 week

By *ittall2020Man  over a year ago

Norwich

August I suspect, looking at the rate of cases. Also it might help to quell any summer riots that I suspect will be kicking off by then

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

When it should be done and if it actually happens, won't coincide.

We do everything too late, so that it means our response costs more dearly and hurts more, thems the rules

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

Monday 6th September, 2021 - Monday 4th October 2021

Double jab means we’re fine

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

We should already be increasing restrictions, not relaxing them. Things are already bad, when instead of absolute numbers you look instead at the number of doubling periods before everything goes to hell again. By the time the absolute numbers of deaths looks alarming, it's too late to fix without taking the most drastic actions.

There will be a lockdown, it will be held off until too late, and because of that it will need to continue for much longer than what could have been adequate if action had been taken sooner.

If we had started controlling it before the football, it could have been a possibility to be in a good place by christmas. As it is now, no action will be taken until September, and then it might take a full year to get the death and disability figures back down again.

I think they will impose some rules like distancing and masks end of summer if it gets out of control.

I’m literally praying the gods that we won’t be going into full lock down at all this winter…….. LIKE PLEASE!!

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Will depend on hospitalisation rates. If this wave hasn’t peaked in 6 weeks there may well be no option but tighten up again. Still hopeful it won’t come to that though

"Double jab means we’re fine "

It lowers the chance of serious illness. It doesn't grant you magical powers, you can still get and pass on the disease.

We’re doomed.

Doomed, I tell yah.

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

[Removed by poster at 18/07/21 08:45:51]

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

Doubt there will be any lockdowns now as the Government has a far bigger worry the Economy,2.4 Trillion in debt with rising inflation ,when interest rates rise going to add Billions to service that unprecedented National debt, cuts to services Tax rises

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

"

I'd say anyone who constantly insists on calling Covid, "flu" is the clown.

Have government made mistakes? Undoubtedly.

Are some people taking Covid seriously enough? No.

E

By *ohnj21Man  over a year ago

Leeds

No. Lockdown until to later

That's the track record. Need to lockdiwn now and get the 10 milion the 2nd jab

By *he MuffinmanMan  over a year ago

West Gloucestershire

"

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Won't happen, govt are happy to advise you to social distance and wear face coverings but don't want to make it a legal requirement.

PHE may issue guidelines in autumn

Now it depends on the people and what they will put up with regarding numbers...

By *asIsaCouple  over a year ago

harrow

"We should already be increasing restrictions, not relaxing them. Things are already bad, when instead of absolute numbers you look instead at the number of doubling periods before everything goes to hell again. By the time the absolute numbers of deaths looks alarming, it's too late to fix without taking the most drastic actions.

There will be a lockdown, it will be held off until too late, and because of that it will need to continue for much longer than what could have been adequate if action had been taken sooner.

If we had started controlling it before the football, it could have been a possibility to be in a good place by christmas. As it is now, no action will be taken until September, and then it might take a full year to get the death and disability figures back down again."

Dear oh dear - doom and gloom!

By *ougie321Man  over a year ago

Milford Haven

"September

I think this too"

Agree

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"September "

Hopefully not when I am in Majorca

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"We should already be increasing restrictions, not relaxing them. Things are already bad, when instead of absolute numbers you look instead at the number of doubling periods before everything goes to hell again. By the time the absolute numbers of deaths looks alarming, it's too late to fix without taking the most drastic actions.

If we had started controlling it before the football, it could have been a possibility to be in a good place by christmas. As it is now, no action will be taken until September, and then it might take a full year to get the death and disability figures back down again.

Dear oh dear - doom and gloom! "

Funnily enough, there were a lot of voices on these forums telling me the same over twelve months ago, when I said that it had got out of control then. A year later and here we are...

Top tip: You don't get out of a pandemic situation by being optimistic. If I'm pessimistic and wrong, then lots of people are alive and I get to admit being wrong. If you're optimistic and wrong, then you're dead. Still at least you won't have to do any apologising...

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

"They wont be

This. We have set a very clear path to start living with this disease."

If the NHS can't cope they will.

Can def see another Christmas with some kind of restrictions

By *onlywishiMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

It’s all about common sense over stupidity?

If people feel uncomfortable in a crowded area wear a mask ? If you feel unwell ? Isolate and take a test ?

Stop believing that because you’ve had 2 jabs your ok ?? Just means your less likely to suffer major problems? Not that you can’t catch it !! Or spread it !!

So if everyone uses self caution then it might not cause all the problems it has ?

But at the end of the day it’s not going away !!!

Flu has been around forever and no one has totally eradicated it so who believes it will happen with this ??

If everyone uses common sense things might not get out of control but can’t see it happening

liverpool

Dear oh dear - doom and gloom! "

Why is saying it should have been took seriously earlier, doom and gloom?

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

What worries me is the general public are being asked to act responsibly.

This is the same general public that puts firework rockets in their arses and lights them, or crams 12 cream eggs in their bum and puts videos of same on bookface.

We don't have a hope do we?

Doomed, we're all doomed.

E

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

"What worries me is the general public are being asked to act responsibly.

This is the same general public that puts firework rockets in their arses and lights them, or crams 12 cream eggs in their bum and puts videos of same on bookface.

We don't have a hope do we?

Doomed, we're all doomed.

E"

I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve said we’re doomed over the last few days

September / October. Either just as the kids go back and they get the blame or as flu season kicks in.

[They will impose lockdown again? Middle of September I’d guess ; one things for sure it will be another one of those Christmas’s we had last year.

By *ugRollersCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle

I don’t think there will be another one .... you can’t live your life worried we are going to be locked down again .... I think things will just carry on as they are at the moment ... if I was a betting woman I’d put a bet on that

By *implynaughty1Couple  over a year ago

stockport

Hopefully never

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

"They wont be"

Due to everyone self isolating, the country will grind to a halt. Businesses are starting to suffer, due to staff self isolating, some care homes have closed as there is no staff to run them safely.

November is the likeliest point

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I am hoping there will be no need. Obviously it depends on many things, but the relationship between infections and hospitalizations & deaths is much different now compared to the beginning of the pandemic.

Cal

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

With the general public holding Boris/Alex in such high esteem and treating him like a 5 year old him and his crew on the good ship Uk Titanic will keep on full speed ahead as after all we all like ice in our drinks and it's not the Captains fault is it ??

We think lockdowns could only happen again if a more lethal variant emerges. Yes infections will rise with the current variants but its been shown over the world that even those countries with strict travel restrictions, quarantine etc the virus still gets into the population..no country can keep on going in a perpetual lockdown cycle. Its now a case if the health and medical services can cope we have to live with it. Covid is not going away and the psychological and economic impact of lockdowns delayed/cancelled medical treatments etc is approaching a point where lockdowns against covid could be causing more harm than covid deaths and disabilities (long covid etc) so doubtful another lockdown will happen.

By *leaserforPleasureTV/TS  over a year ago

Whitstable

Boris and Co are not going to be wanting to lock down over Christmas again so if hospitalisations are on the increase expect a lockdown end of October/ early November for 4 - 6 weeks then when its relaxed for Christmas everyone will think how wonderful Boris is.

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

The vaccination rate will need to continue apace to avoid another 'wave', and particularly the flu jab.

This should mitigate the infection and hospitalisation rates.

The nightmare scenario is the emergence of an exceptionally virulent variant, that the current vaccines do not suppress.

If that happens, we are right back to square one; but such a scenario is highly unlikely, I hope!

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

If you hang on a few weeks you will soon find out

I don't care as long as its not on the run up to Xmas!

By *ryan...Man  over a year ago

1950's Original

September.local lockdowns, probably named something else by the government..

It won’t happen as the deaths won’t go up.

By *andy2123Couple  over a year ago

Portsmouth

"It won’t happen as the deaths won’t go up. "

The vacations are working, so why would there be? The ones not having it are probably, the anti brexit gang. You know the minority who don't like democracy.

"It won’t happen as the deaths won’t go up.

The vacations are working, so why would there be? The ones not having it are probably, the anti brexit gang. You know the minority who don't like democracy. "

What a ridiculous comment.

liverpool

"It won’t happen as the deaths won’t go up.

The vacations are working, so why would there be? The ones not having it are probably, the anti brexit gang. You know the minority who don't like democracy. "

What like change uk?

liverpool

[Removed by poster at 22/07/21 10:45:52]

By *unkym34Man  over a year ago

London

a lot of big companies are working on the assumption that there will be restrictions exposed or announcements of restrictions on October 10th

» Add a new message to this topic