FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Ending of lockdown

Ending of lockdown

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ustforfun49 OP   Man  over a year ago

chesterfield

How come alot of people on here could not wait for the end of lockdowns and getting back to normal a couple of months back so how come now it is happening you don't want it.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *LiamMan  over a year ago

Midlands

Speak for yourself

By *.D.I.D.A.SMan  over a year ago

London/Essex... ish... Romford to be exact

Perhaps the ones who wanted it to end and ones who are showing concern are different people? Situations can shift affecting people's attitude. Lastly, people showing a cautious attitude does not mean they think lockdown should continue. Maybe they think some safety measures ought to be enforced.

This thread feels like a fishing expedition but I'll give the benefit of the doubt on this occasion.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

It's not so much for wanting it more like what it might create I was partly happy in lockdown gave me a opportunity to things done at a steady pace at my choice that I'd be trying to fit time in for

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

If we had actually locked down maybe it wouldn't have taken so long.

There is very little we haven't been able to do recently. I will still be cautious, still wear my mask in certain places. ( at work it's still compulsory anyway) and I will be going to places that for me are doing checks to help keep the customer safe. Ie places that are still doing track and trace or asking to see a recent negative test

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Lockdown ended in March lol it’s just end of all restrictions .. I am slightly concerned as cases seem to be jumping so rapidly. And as people said, I mean we were able to do almost everything.

I will still be wearing my mask in crowded spaces and just watch out a bit. And praying for the best.

All I’m hoping for, is that we won’t end up having to be fully locked down like last winter. Like for real….

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Most people relate to the context that they are in. Things have changed quite significantly from a few weeks ago.

I think that, for example, continuing to wear masks and keeping some distance from others, isn't an extreme form of personal hardship for most people.

If we'd kept clubs closed for much longer it would have been even more substantially difficult for them to stay afloat. We can, without much difficulty, use testing, for example, support them to reopen, whilst giving some level of extra protection.

I was thinking about this the other day, how is my life going to change after the 19th. The honest answer is probably not a lot. My workplace are going to continue wearing masks, as are my local supermarkets, my local pubs are going to continue with table service.

Those who have refused to wear masks will continue to wear them. So as I say I doubt my life is going to change much after the 19th.

*continue not to wear them

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

As said by a previous poster we were never really in full lockdown lockdown lite I think it's been referred to.

Many complaints about loss of freedom's which is nonsense as the people complaining about loss of freedom's have been going about life as normal regardless other than pub's and club's being shut they have been doing whatever they like.

People wanted lockdown over based on the fact that pre test events and opening of pub's etc...

The country was on course and along with the vaccination program was definitely heading in the right direction.

But complacency, impatience,lack guidance and general ignorance have caused case's to go through the roof again.

So lot's of sensible people are realising that the complete withdrawal of restrictions and lockdown at the moment is a very very bad idea.

People have the right to change their minds and opinions.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

A lot of people are realising that new cases could quite happily go 100,000 plus a day and that's affecting some people's thinking of how their day to day life will continue. Also fear of being pinged is quite prevalent atm

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"How come alot of people on here could not wait for the end of lockdowns and getting back to normal a couple of months back so how come now it is happening you don't want it. "
You were probably reading the posts from people that like to make it political whatever the government do they will be against it.

couple, us we him her.

"How come alot of people on here could not wait for the end of lockdowns and getting back to normal a couple of months back so how come now it is happening you don't want it. You were probably reading the posts from people that like to make it political whatever the government do they will be against it."

I look forward to those who advocated the Swedish approach, whereby the government trusted their population to behave responsibly, do exactly that.

So now we are being given the chance to go down the Swedish route but with the vaccination program to back you up.

Interesting times.

couple, us we him her.

"I look forward to those who advocated the Swedish approach, whereby the government trusted their population to behave responsibly, do exactly that.

So now we are being given the chance to go down the Swedish route but with the vaccination program to back you up.

Interesting times."

Very good point, guaranteed that all the pro Swedish method people will start blaming the government when it goes tit's up.

» Add a new message to this topic