FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Boris and sunak not isolating even tho they should

Boris and sunak not isolating even tho they should

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ohnj21 OP   Man  over a year ago

Leeds

Avoiding isolation on new test pilot

One rule them one rule for us. Is it time for vote not confidence or petition to remove them in the interest of the nation.

This can't carry on their lack of capability is serious and death rate is appealing. Why have we done so bad.

In national interest we need to put a goverment unity from all parties

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Leeds

No confidence.. Appaling

Leeds

This needs to stop.

Goverment not fit for purpose but no moral compass

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Yet businesses and tube lines have to shut down because of lack of staff through isolation

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

"Avoiding isolation on new test pilot

One rule them one rule for us. Is it time for vote not confidence or petition to remove them in the interest of the nation.

This can't carry on their lack of capability is serious and death rate is appealing. Why have we done so bad.

In national interest we need to put a goverment unity from all parties "

you do realise that aint gona happen right,you want shot of them your gona have to wait till the next election and hope one of the other partys appeals to more people,myself if things stay the way they are with the other partys there only hope is coalition,prob with that is the libs have had there fingers burnt before and wont wana do that again,the greens aint big enough to make a difference and cant see labour agreeing to go in with the snp because of what they would ask for in return,the tories aint going anywhere for a while yet,and no im not a tory,the one thing i have been thinking is the cons would no way have got all those votes at the last election if the other partys hadnt of brought parliment to a standstill over the B word,im no political expert but could see what was gona happen as soon as an election was called,will take a cpl elections to remove this lot

Leeds

Gove didn't isolate after the Euros in Portugal. He was on this test pilot scheme too. No one else on the plane was though.

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

Just shows you they are not worried about Covid because they are double jabbed , the elite not wearing masks go on Holiday where they want Covid now is just for the Plebs

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm probably gonna get accused of defending Johnson at all costs here

As of tomorrow anyone who has been double jabbed doesn't have to isolate, they will be advised to take a pcr test to ensure they haven't contracted the virus.

So Johnson and Sunak have kicked there's in a couple of days before. Woweeh. If they taken tests then let them crack on

By *ustfun 1984Man  over a year ago

exeter

"I'm probably gonna get accused of defending Johnson at all costs here

As of tomorrow anyone who has been double jabbed doesn't have to isolate, they will be advised to take a pcr test to ensure they haven't contracted the virus.

So Johnson and Sunak have kicked there's in a couple of days before. Woweeh. If they taken tests then let them crack on "

No that is wrong from Aug 16th is when this is coming in all info is on gov site this is where it gets confusing

Leeds

"

So Johnson and Sunak have kicked there's in a couple of days before. Woweeh. If they taken tests then let them crack on "

This isn't true about tomorrow . It comes into effect 16 August.

Leeds

Get your facts right 16th Aug

You can't defend Boris. To many people have died who shouldn't in decisive proven act quickly saves lives. Put van tam as pm

"

So Johnson and Sunak have kicked there's in a couple of days before. Woweeh. If they taken tests then let them crack on

This isn't true about tomorrow . It comes into effect 16 August. "

My bad. It is indeed the 16th August that this comes into effect.

I'll admit to having not read it properly and getting it wrong

Leeds

We need leaders in charge not this lot and not political as voted tory.

We need start petition to dicuss removal in oarionant I reckon woukd get at least 20 million

By *ustfun 1984Man  over a year ago

exeter

"

I'll admit to having not read it properly and getting it wrong"

The trouble is alot of other people wont have read it properly and this will lead to even more cases

Leeds

"

I'll admit to having not read it properly and getting it wrong"

Worrying something so important is not clear to public.

We have more deaths per head of population in the world. God knows we're we would be iff the vaccination rollout

Leeds

"

We need start petition to dicuss removal in oarionant I reckon woukd get at least 20 million"

Would 20 million understand what this petition is for ? I don't !

"

We have more deaths per head of population in the world. God knows we're we would be iff the vaccination rollout"

It is clear though. I just hadn't read it. If you do read it, it's clear.

By *ik MMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

There’s a pilot we can all take part in - delete the NHS app and stop testing

Leeds

"

We need start petition to dicuss removal in oarionant I reckon woukd get at least 20 million

Would 20 million understand what this petition is for ? I don't !"

To show goverment we believe they are incapable and need to resigh in national interest.

Its called the one rule for them and the one rule for petition....... Far to many deaths why are in this position when other countries aren't.

Should locked boards to India. Borders never closed.

I hope and pray this doesn't happen beta variant in France if that comes here vaccine don't work.

I voted tory

Enough is enough we need a goverment if national unity

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

This is basically the death nail for track and trace! Regardless of how they spin “trials” people will see it as one rule for them and another for the rest of us!

This is about the worst optics you can have….

I don’t care if you claim to be “randomly selected participants”… if you claim we are all in this together you absolutely have to just bite the bullet and be seen to do the 10 days!

Leeds

"There’s a pilot we can all take part in - delete the NHS app and stop testing "

That's going to save lives.

Not very kind to your vulnerable neighbours.

Very childish

Leeds

I agree with all you have said Fabio

Leeds

"

We have more deaths per head of population in the world. God knows we're we would be iff the vaccination rollout

It is clear though. I just hadn't read it. If you do read it, it's clear."

Well you bead this more seriously. It costs people lives not following rules

Leeds

Take more seriously

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

"There’s a pilot we can all take part in - delete the NHS app and stop testing

Very childish "

I know of employers who have instructed their staff to delete the app.

Newcastle and Gateshead

Nice to see you know none of which you speak…….

the test and trace elements are still legally enforceable till august 16th… so therefore if you are pinged or contacted you must self isolate for 10 days

By *cesHighMan  over a year ago

Weymouth

What’s the point in replacing non trustworthy politicians with more ? None can be believed or trusted : )

Leeds

"What’s the point in replacing non trustworthy politicians with more ? None can be believed or trusted : )"

A bit of a sweeping generalisation !

Newcastle and Gateshead

Very childish "

Sad thing is they will see what the pm and chancellor did and absolutely remove the app…..

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"This is basically the death nail for track and trace! Regardless of how they spin “trials” people will see it as one rule for them and another for the rest of us!

This is about the worst optics you can have….

I don’t care if you claim to be “randomly selected participants”… if you claim we are all in this together you absolutely have to just bite the bullet and be seen to do the 10 days! "

This, they know they're effectively saying fuck you lot we do one thing and we expect you to do as we tell you..

They know they are safe in office and will in all likelihood be elected again..

Some will simply delete the app in frustration at this move ..

Shambles..

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"What’s the point in replacing non trustworthy politicians with more ? None can be believed or trusted : )"

What do you suggest then,mob rule?

By *iss SinWoman  over a year ago

portchester

I have deleted the app. I have lost all faith in it the system and the vaccinations

borehamwood

Never had the nhs app or the track and trace app,only place i go with the great unwashed is the supermarket and work,not been pub or resturants since all this started and aint used public transport either

Part of the process of installing a dictatorship is to goad those that are resisting...so they can clamp down hard!

This is just another prod at those who will react ....

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"

The trouble is alot of other people wont have read it properly and this will lead to even more cases "

Yes but their messege is perfectly clear

Apparently

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"

The trouble is alot of other people wont have read it properly and this will lead to even more cases

Apparently "

It is clear as, front page three separate dated steps, really not that hard to follow…. people just choose to read what they like

By *rufinWoman  over a year ago

notts

It takes a very long time for people to wake up.

The elite have never followed "the rules' or 'the guidance'. It doesn't apply to them. We are not all in it together. They just need a majority of people to follow the rules so that they don't have to.

While some of you have been living in bubbles, they have been shagging around, traveling, working around the country, holidaying abroad, doing what they wanted.

liverpool

"

Apparently

It is clear as, front page three separate dated steps, really not that hard to follow…. people just choose to read what they like "

So whitty saying we must do everything we can to keep ourselves safe and sunak saying he is going to ditch masks at the 1st opportunity,they both correspond with 1 another,?

"It takes a very long time for people to wake up.

The elite have never followed "the rules' or 'the guidance'. It doesn't apply to them. We are not all in it together. They just need a majority of people to follow the rules so that they don't have to.

While some of you have been living in bubbles, they have been shagging around, traveling, working around the country, holidaying abroad, doing what they wanted.

"

So have I...I refuse to Acquiesce..never have

The funny thing is that this pilot testing is open to public sector departments as they say and yet those 8n the public sector probably have not even heard 9f this pilot I would not be surprised. In fact if the health Secretary had not tested positive we would never of even heard of it probably. Not fit for purpose and yet there is no one who can do the job any better at the moment. I fear.

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

You can't defend Boris. To many people have died who shouldn't in decisive proven act quickly saves lives. Put van tam as pm "

If you think too many people have died can you imagine the state of things if we hadn't locked down.

Local parks would be digging trenches for the dead.

I'm not supporting anyone, no political party would have got this 100% correct.

If you think that you are living in a fantasy world.

We are at this place today mainly due to vaccine, as we, the general public would have transmitted this virus on and on until the news showed bodies piling up and then the penny would finally drop that this is serious but by then the damage is done.

Politicians treat us with contempt because by and large we deserve it, this pandemic has just given weight to their argument.

Is there a rule for politicians, rich, elite and one for us, of course there is, always has been, always will.

Stay safe, it's nearly over.

Get your jabs and follow some simple rules.

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

"

This isn't true about tomorrow . It comes into effect 16 August. "

Since when, restrictions in England end 19 July, tomorrow!

Leeds

"

Since when, restrictions in England end 19 July, tomorrow!"

Not all restrictions end tomorrow. Eg not allowed to visit hospitals, quarantine when return from France, masks on London transport etc

By *sBlueWoman  over a year ago

Up North

"

Since when, restrictions in England end 19 July, tomorrow!"

16th Aug is when you don’t need to isolate if been doubled jabbed if been in contact with someone who has the virus

Leeds

"

16th Aug is when you don’t need to isolate if been doubled jabbed if been in contact with someone who has the virus "

Only after you've had a negative PCR test

"There’s a pilot we can all take part in - delete the NHS app and stop testing "

The NHS-Covid-19 app is the one you are referring to.

The NHS-App is extremely useful !

The NHS-Covid-19 app is only NHS in the name, it is the Apple/Google Exposure Notification system.

A bit like NHSX, which is a govt/private industry organisation to develop the "NHS digital transformation programme" (selling your data, and no, you cannot opt-out!)

Nope that doesn't come in to affect until August for the rest of us.

The NHS-Covid-19 app is the one you are referring to.

The NHS-App is extremely useful !

The NHS-Covid-19 app is only NHS in the name, it is the Apple/Google Exposure Notification system.

A bit like NHSX, which is a govt/private industry organisation to develop the "NHS digital transformation programme" (selling your data, and no, you cannot opt-out!)"

Going off on a slight tangent here but we were told the covid 19 app wouldn't drain phone batteries. On average it makes up 40% of my usage on my iPhone 8. My partner has an iPhone 7 and it makes up 80% of his usage. It's probably another reason people are deleting the App.

"I have deleted the app. I have lost all faith in it the system and the vaccinations "

I deleted mine 2 weeks ago.

The reason being is I was pinged saying I had to isolate for 8 days.

I was very confused as I hadn't left the house from the time I'd Supposedly been in close contact with someone for 3 days.

I called 119 to ask for some clarification and the 1st thing they ask me is if I live in a block of flats? I said yes.

They said by any chance do you live on the ground floor or a corner? Yes to both.

They said it happens all the time and I don't need to self isolate.

I took an LFT test every day for the 8 days anyway just to be on the safe side and I don't go out much anyway but many people have lost out on work and school Completely unnecessarily.

portchester

"I have deleted the app. I have lost all faith in it the system and the vaccinations

I was very confused as I hadn't left the house from the time I'd Supposedly been in close contact with someone for 3 days.

I called 119 to ask for some clarification and the 1st thing they ask me is if I live in a block of flats? I said yes.

They said by any chance do you live on the ground floor or a corner? Yes to both.

I took an LFT test every day for the 8 days anyway just to be on the safe side and I don't go out much anyway but many people have lost out on work and school Completely unnecessarily. "

The system is a joke the whole thing is a joke and we have all been lied to and now how can anyone trust the politicians or the vaccines

Newcastle and Gateshead

Well that u-turn didn’t take long… Johnson and Sunak are now both going to self isolate!!

Why did someone think that were going to get away with doing it without backlash

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Nothing like continuing the sending of very clear messages to the public, at this time of great risk.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"Well that u-turn didn’t take long… Johnson and Sunak are now both going to self isolate!!

Why did someone think that were going to get away with doing it without backlash "

Thanks Fabio, for the update. They are pretty stupid

"I have deleted the app. I have lost all faith in it the system and the vaccinations

I took an LFT test every day for the 8 days anyway just to be on the safe side and I don't go out much anyway but many people have lost out on work and school Completely unnecessarily.

The system is a joke the whole thing is a joke and we have all been lied to and now how can anyone trust the politicians or the vaccines "

I have been on board with the restrictions since the beginning.

I have stuck to every rule (I'm exempt from wearing a face covering but do so when I can)

But I am sick of the hypocrisy and now and just think like you the its a joke! I Don't mean Covid is a joke but the our so called leaders.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

By and large I think government has done about as good as any government would and could have, expectations of government must be realistic! But Borris is going to get badly burnt for this very arrogant, moronic decision today. I’m not shocked but I am deeply disappointed and angry. Leaders need to demonstrate leadership and this decision not to lead by example and ignore the guidelines the rest of us are expected to follow is a massive fk up.

"Well that u-turn didn’t take long… Johnson and Sunak are now both going to self isolate!!

Why did someone think that were going to get away with doing it without backlash "

There's a surprise, They really think the public are stupid to think they could get away with this again.

teleford

Good. Any of their advisors not screaming at them to do so from the start need fired immediately!

To late, the damage is already done.

Leeds

"By and large I think government has done about as good as any government would and could have, expectations of government must be realistic! "

So why do we have the third highest figures in the world ?

By *laymateteeMan  over a year ago

bristol

I've said this before,if you see a person who's in charge jump of a cliff would you protests to do the same or use your common sense that it's not a good idea? You should do what you can to keep yourself and your loved ones safe. They have their reasons for not isolating you should just do you . Does them two not isolating impact your life directly? I doubt it. And by the way as of 10:55 am they are going to isolate.

By *ornLordMan  over a year ago

Wiltshire and London

Deleting the test and trace app would be stupid, but they know that's what people will do.

What needs deleting is this government. That can't happen before a GE, and even then a progressive alliance is the only way; thanks to the Lab and Lib diehards that won't happen.

So a national vote of no-confidence needs to happen. The most likely way of doing that would be a petition.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

So, everyone happy now?

By *laymateteeMan  over a year ago

bristol

"By and large I think government has done about as good as any government would and could have, expectations of government must be realistic!

So why do we have the third highest figures in the world ?"

Coz of people who do as they please and say if someone else can do it why can't I.

Hang on I'm going to write a very stern letter.

liverpool

Quick someone has criticised the gmnt..all hands on deck

portchester

"So, everyone happy now?

"

No

I’ve always been quite level headed regarding the government. Agreed with somethings, disagreed with others but would have hated making the decisions they have had to make however this was the final straw for me. I can’t believe they are being so irresponsible. Yeah the test thing may work but how is that for showing others do as I say rather than do as I do. It just gives the selfish out there even more excuse to not isolate and spread Covid.

Leeds

Is his Churchill style victory speech back on for tomorrow ?

liverpool

"By and large I think government has done about as good as any government would and could have, expectations of government must be realistic!

Let me see

List of excuses.

Because we have a disobedient population

Beaicause we have a unique climate

Because we have a unique way of counting figures

I'm sure there are plenty more I've forgotten but its absolutely nothing to do with having an inept clown in charge.

No siree Bob

Leeds

I've heard it is because we have a lot of people on a small island

By *lackCherry...Woman  over a year ago

North East

They are self-isolating now after an 'uproar' this morning. I should hope so too

Leeds

How were they so arrogant not to sense the uproar ?

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"

We have more deaths per head of population in the world. God knows we're we would be iff the vaccination rollout"

totally false, you need to get your facts right mate

liverpool

Tbf I find it quite strange that they completely ignored it at the beginning,their incompetence has led to 1000s of deaths,the health secretary regularly broke his own rules but its a minor infraction which has pushed people over the edge.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

)"

That isn't true.

Oh see that they have done a uturn now but who the fuck are advising them this in the first place absolutely no common sense

Leeds

" but its a minor infraction which has pushed people over the edge."

I think it's a cumulation

liverpool

"I've heard it is because we have a lot of people on a small island"

Yep that's another one.

Oh and we are now something like 6 worst.

Someone should really compile a list.

Very childish

I know of employers who have instructed their staff to delete the app. "

You could argue that's Criminal and so so selfish on their part

Breaking news, they've back tracked on the "pilot scheme" after the backlash. They are now apparently self isolating!

I hope people remember their judgement come polling day - but I bet they won't!

"Oh see that they have done a uturn now but who the fuck are advising them this in the first place absolutely no common sense "

Exactly this!

"I have deleted the app. I have lost all faith in it the system and the vaccinations "

More fool you then. Grow up.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

To the OP there is a pilot scheme going on where people don't have to isolate, the only three people I have heard being on it are Gove after he came back from the football in Portugal , the PM and the chancellor.

It would be interesting to see the stats of how many others have been on the scheme

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

"To the OP there is a pilot scheme going on where people don't have to isolate, the only three people I have heard being on it are Gove after he came back from the football in Portugal , the PM and the chancellor.

It would be interesting to see the stats of how many others have been on the scheme"

here

"So, everyone happy now?

No "

Well you should be … it’s Sunday and the sun is out - enjoy.

portchester

More fool you then. Grow up. "

Several others agree with me

Forum Mod

O o O oo

We need leaders in charge not this lot and not political as voted tory.

We need start petition to dicuss removal in oarionant I reckon woukd get at least 20 million"

I think I might move this to the political section as it seems to be more about the running of the country rather than the virus

portchester

"So, everyone happy now?

No

Well you should be … it’s Sunday and the sun is out - enjoy. "

No because I have been forced to isolate and I have no garden

borehamwood

More fool you then. Grow up. "

yea that will convince someone to re install it telling them to grow up lol what about those of us who never installed it?

here

"So, everyone happy now?

No

Well you should be … it’s Sunday and the sun is out - enjoy.

No because I have been forced to isolate and I have no garden "

… yard? Open all the windows?

teleford

Because the testing, recording and reporting procedures between different countries are so different they are almost not comparable! Population demographics are also very important, we have more elderly, more obesity and more generally unhealthy people than many other nations. Ultimately most people will catch Covid at some point, some countries are simply lagging behind us. NZ and Aus may be low in the table but Covid will eventually rip through them too, it’s unavoidable.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

They isolating now apparently due the wave of criticism.

Leeds

"

It would be interesting to see the stats of how many others have been on the scheme"

Apparently Transport for London are part of the scheme, so I am baffled why two underground lines had to close yesterday due to staff "pinged" and isolating

Newcastle and Gateshead

"To the OP there is a pilot scheme going on where people don't have to isolate, the only three people I have heard being on it are Gove after he came back from the football in Portugal , the PM and the chancellor.

Without this turning really political (it already is.. so fuck it!) we may not find out till tomorrow because you know labour are going to bring this up as a UQ (urgent question) and some low level health minister (because javid has covid) will be dragged into parliament to answer it….

I would love to know who’s idea it really was that though the loophole would fly…. They need to be sacked as their judgement seems to be lacking!

Dear lord… I almost feel bad for jenrick who had to defend this on all the Sunday shows this morning….

Leeds

"How were they so arrogant not to sense the uproar ?"

Stop defending Boris

liverpool

So why do we have the third highest figures in the world ?

Because the testing, recording and reporting procedures between different countries are so different they are almost not comparable! Population demographics are also very important, we have more elderly, more obesity and more generally unhealthy people than many other nations. Ultimately most people will catch Covid at some point, some countries are simply lagging behind us. NZ and Aus may be low in the table but Covid will eventually rip through them too, it’s unavoidable."

We are really unlucky arent we?

The only country in the world to have an old and unhealthy population.

"

It would be interesting to see the stats of how many others have been on the scheme

Apparently Transport for London are part of the scheme, so I am baffled why two underground lines had to close yesterday due to staff "pinged" and isolating "

Maybe the government forgot to tell them they were part of the scheme

Newcastle and Gateshead

"So, everyone happy now?

"

Not really.. the sheer audacity of it all is amazing they tried to brass neck us

Leeds

Time for. A few debate on whether the goverment should resign due to incompetence and lack of trust

liverpool

"Time for. A few debate on whether the goverment should resign due to incompetence and lack of trust "

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Without this turning really political (it already is.. so fuck it!) we may not find out till tomorrow because you know labour are going to bring this up as a UQ (urgent question) and some low level health minister (because javid has covid) will be dragged into parliament to answer it….

I would love to know who’s idea it really was that though the loophole would fly…. They need to be sacked as their judgement seems to be lacking!

Dear lord… I almost feel bad for jenrick who had to defend this on all the Sunday shows this morning…."

I know, I have a problem with the virus threads as sometimes they do go into just political stuff but they are also about the virus. This one may have settled down now

Javid could answer the question by zoom as he says he isn't too unwell.

Sadly this is how it seems to have been all the way through this, it seems we are not "all in this together" and never have been

here

"So, everyone happy now?

Not really.. the sheer audacity of it all is amazing they tried to brass neck us"

Life is too short …

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Time for. A few debate on whether the goverment should resign due to incompetence and lack of trust "

Ok, do you want this to be about the Gov resigning or the fact they cocked up over isolating?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I have an eadache now

liverpool

"I have an eadache now "

What's an ead?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

A head with no h

"I have an eadache now "

Thats a covid symptom

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

We are supposed to leave the running of the country to these people. It’s a nerve wrecking experience

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I have an eadache now

Thats a covid symptom "

Oh bugger...ok you lot on this thread, self isolate

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

You can't defend Boris. To many people have died who shouldn't in decisive proven act quickly saves lives. Put van tam as pm

If you think too many people have died can you imagine the state of things if we hadn't locked down.

Local parks would be digging trenches for the dead.

I'm not supporting anyone, no political party would have got this 100% correct.

If you think that you are living in a fantasy world.

We are at this place today mainly due to vaccine, as we, the general public would have transmitted this virus on and on until the news showed bodies piling up and then the penny would finally drop that this is serious but by then the damage is done.

Politicians treat us with contempt because by and large we deserve it, this pandemic has just given weight to their argument.

Is there a rule for politicians, rich, elite and one for us, of course there is, always has been, always will.

Stay safe, it's nearly over.

Get your jabs and follow some simple rules."

Newcastle and Gateshead

So we know that test and trace worked…. But how do you now tell people to go self isolate, when your immediate reaction was “find a loophole”

Test and trace is basically dead …….

liverpool

"A head with no h"

liverpool

"So we know that test and trace worked…. But how do you now tell people to go self isolate, when your immediate reaction was “find a loophole”

Test and trace is basically dead ……. "

Well at least we didnt spend much money on it?

liverpool

"We are supposed to leave the running of the country to these people. It’s a nerve wrecking experience "

Tbf he was prepared to go on the sooty show and get injected live on air to show covid wasnt dangerous.

Thats dedication for you.

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

"So we know that test and trace worked…. But how do you now tell people to go self isolate, when your immediate reaction was “find a loophole”

Test and trace is basically dead …….

Well at least we didnt spend much money on it?"

& so well managed

Forum Mod

O o O oo

You know we got up late so didn't see the News until half hour ago, when I saw it I wasn't even surprised or register that they were going to do that, which makes it really bad that it was to be expected. I must have got too used to the double standards going on that they didn't even register

I see people were up in arms over it on the net so why they U turned but the fact they keep doing these things is awful. They are way out of touch with people who have been doing as asked for months

liverpool

"You know we got up late so didn't see the News until half hour ago, when I saw it I wasn't even surprised or register that they were going to do that, which makes it really bad that it was to be expected. I must have got too used to the double standards going on that they didn't even register

I see people were up in arms over it on the net so why they U turned but the fact they keep doing these things is awful. They are way out of touch with people who have been doing as asked for months "

Same here.

I'm surprised people are so up in arms about it

Breaking news, they are now going to isolate

Chudleigh

Wouldn’t it be nice if they just resigned for yet again treating us all as mugs?

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

to be fair I was thinking very similar thoughts...

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

"You know we got up late so didn't see the News until half hour ago, when I saw it I wasn't even surprised or register that they were going to do that, which makes it really bad that it was to be expected. I must have got too used to the double standards going on that they didn't even register

I see people were up in arms over it on the net so why they U turned but the fact they keep doing these things is awful. They are way out of touch with people who have been doing as asked for months "

They make a decision then wait to see the reaction then u-turn. It’s shocking behaviour. Just do the right thing, it’s not that difficult.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

Boris hasn't followed his own rules since the beginning, why did you expect them to now.

There is one rule for them, one for everyone else.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

So Johnson and Sunak have kicked there's in a couple of days before. Woweeh. If they taken tests then let them crack on to be fair I was thinking very similar thoughts... "

This was wrong information, it doesn't kick in until August 16th

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

So Johnson and Sunak have kicked there's in a couple of days before. Woweeh. If they taken tests then let them crack on to be fair I was thinking very similar thoughts...

This was wrong information, it doesn't kick in until August 16th"

ahh I see.. see I thought that was next week too as I've has several people quote it at me.

I believe according to the news they are now going to

Forum Mod

O o O oo

So Johnson and Sunak have kicked there's in a couple of days before. Woweeh. If they taken tests then let them crack on to be fair I was thinking very similar thoughts...

This was wrong information, it doesn't kick in until August 16th ahh I see.. see I thought that was next week too as I've has several people quote it at me.

I believe according to the news they are now going to"

I would have thought you would know as you say you work in care

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

This was wrong information, it doesn't kick in until August 16th ahh I see.. see I thought that was next week too as I've has several people quote it at me.

omnishambles

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

The need to not self isolate from tomorrow is only for double vaccinated travellers returning from amber list countries (with the exception of France). However, if you are in contact with a positive Covid case, travellers DO have to follow the Track & Trace rules.

From 16th August, double vaccinated people and U18s no longer need to self isolate if in contact with a positive case, unless they develop symptoms.

Totally straightforward.......

Advised to take pcr .... thought we HAD TOO ?

in Lancashire

"How were they so arrogant not to sense the uproar ?"

Because the whole premise of this government was built upon a lie, 'get brexit done'..

And populism as we've seen globally allows people like Boris to be PM based upon clichés, demonising opposition, ignoring democracy and constantly lying as he has done all his working life..

Power corrupts yet people are happy to let it happen then when it goes pear shaped it's everyone's fault but those in charge..

Eton mess..

Leeds

"

Eton mess.."

Another Eton chum has just been appointed Head of the Ethics Committee.

liverpool

"How were they so arrogant not to sense the uproar ?

Because the whole premise of this government was built upon a lie, 'get brexit done'..

And populism as we've seen globally allows people like Boris to be PM based upon clichés, demonising opposition, ignoring democracy and constantly lying as he has done all his working life..

Power corrupts yet people are happy to let it happen then when it goes pear shaped it's everyone's fault but those in charge..

Eton mess.."

Just tell people what they wanna hear..the truth doesnt actually matter.

By *ark Knight 2017Man  over a year ago

Ware

Oh yes they are.. Pmsl

in Lancashire

"

Eton mess..

Another Eton chum has just been appointed Head of the Ethics Committee."

And they're looking to enact legislation to prevent groups like the good law project from holding them accountable in the courts over alleged corruption etc in PPE contracts by claiming it costs too much public money to defend against..

Like wtf..

liverpool

"

Eton mess..

And they're looking to enact legislation to prevent groups like the good law project from holding them accountable in the courts over alleged corruption etc in PPE contracts by claiming it costs too much public money to defend against..

Like wtf.."

Thank God we dont live in n Korea or China.

They are both isolating now..

Leeds

"They are both isolating now.."

Are we supposed to forget about the 157 minutes when it was announced they weren't ?

Chudleigh

"They are both isolating now.."

I so wish that could be true, somewhere like Guantanamo!

North West

"They are both isolating now..

Are we supposed to forget about the 157 minutes when it was announced they weren't ? "

Yes

here

"

Eton mess..

Like wtf.."

… there is however a feeling that perhaps the courts are growing tired of groups such as GLP trying to use the judiciary to politicise their opposition to the actions of the government.

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

This is yet another example if how this government thinks.. Everything is ' workable' until it becomes personal then they look after themselves..

Them and their policies and procedures would benefit greatly from a swift kick out the door and a can of petrol and a match frankly!

couple, us we him her.

I don't know why everyone is acting so surprised that the elite and upper classes are doing what they choose?

Its been this way for hundreds if not thousands of years and will continue to do so.

Just because entities like Facebook and Twitter are available so their activities are far more accessible won't make a difference.

If I was minted and could charter my own plane to fly to a private island all done away from the riff raff I bloody well would.

Bojo isn't what you would class as a commoner.

But labour or conservative when was the last decent PM this country had who people trusted and was strong and reliable?

Here’s the thing it’s not just the elite who are getting preferential treatment re Covid restrictions.

You work from home? Here’s your full salary plus a nice little savings on your travel expenses.

You can’t work from home? Go out and take that risk

You can’t work from home and your job isn’t essential? Here’s 80% of your salary now stay at home.

You can work from home? Go take a holiday, you’ll have to quarantine when you get back, but you work from home so you’ll still get paid.

You can’t work from home? Go on holiday if you want, but you’ll have to quarantine when you get back. Obviously you can’t work so here’s £19 a week to tide you over.

On a mooch

[Removed by poster at 18/07/21 13:40:53]

On a mooch

"

Apparently

It is clear as, front page three separate dated steps, really not that hard to follow…. people just choose to read what they like

So whitty saying we must do everything we can to keep ourselves safe and sunak saying he is going to ditch masks at the 1st opportunity,they both correspond with 1 another,?"

I don’t watch or listen to them. I read the official papers only, know what I need to do and that is that. I don’t need to listen to 3/4 other people’s opinions on it

As for the app, I have it but the constant tracking is turned off. It is only used to check into venues and nothing else.

North West

"I don't know why everyone is acting so surprised that the elite and upper classes are doing what they choose?

Its been this way for hundreds if not thousands of years and will continue to do so.

Just because entities like Facebook and Twitter are available so their activities are far more accessible won't make a difference.

If I was minted and could charter my own plane to fly to a private island all done away from the riff raff I bloody well would.

But labour or conservative when was the last decent PM this country had who people trusted and was strong and reliable?"

Robert Peel?!

couple, us we him her.

"

Apparently

So whitty saying we must do everything we can to keep ourselves safe and sunak saying he is going to ditch masks at the 1st opportunity,they both correspond with 1 another,?

I don’t watch or listen to them. I read the official papers only, know what I need to do and that is that. I don’t need to listen to 3/4 other people’s opinions on it

As for the app, I have it but the constant tracking is turned off. It is only used to check into venues and nothing else. "

I never have my Bluetooth switched on other than if I need to so the apps pretty useless.

But when you test positive the app goes nuts.

liverpool

"I don't know why everyone is acting so surprised that the elite and upper classes are doing what they choose?

But labour or conservative when was the last decent PM this country had who people trusted and was strong and reliable?"

Just because saying they are all the same (which they aren't)its no excuse to let them get away with the shit they pull.

couple, us we him her.

But labour or conservative when was the last decent PM this country had who people trusted and was strong and reliable?

Just because saying they are all the same (which they aren't)its no excuse to let them get away with the shit they pull."

What's the solution then?

liverpool

Just because saying they are all the same (which they aren't)its no excuse to let them get away with the shit they pull.

What's the solution then?"

To what?

portchester

I don’t understand why you are defending them and their terrible antics

portchester

Just because saying they are all the same (which they aren't)its no excuse to let them get away with the shit they pull."

I strongly agree with you

couple, us we him her.

I don’t understand why you are defending them and their terrible antics "

Who said I was defending them?

I have no love for any particular party and in particular the conservative party however I was pointing out that they will do exactly what the ruling class have always done.

Exactly what the fuck they like.

We are just ignorant Plebs to them.

But who is there available to do any better?

And for many on here regardless they are anti establishment and will continue to pursue their own agenda.

So who said I'm defending them?

On a mooch

"

Apparently

As for the app, I have it but the constant tracking is turned off. It is only used to check into venues and nothing else.

I never have my Bluetooth switched on other than if I need to so the apps pretty useless.

But when you test positive the app goes nuts."

I can have my Bluetooth on doesn’t affect the app, as I turned the tracking off within the app itself. I’ve not yet tested positive or any of my family so can’t comment on that element

"

Apparently

But when you test positive the app goes nuts."

Of you never have your Bluetooth on , how do you know the app goes nuts if you test positive?

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

It's never going to happen the thought that we might have got rid of him before and didn't because he won the seats smells bit niffy

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

Think the old Covid Cabin Fever is starting to get out of hand.

Just wait till we are all released, men crying in pubs because someone brushed passed them.

Queues outside church halls waiting to get into weight watchers.

A mass exodus from Fab forums as real meets start to take hold.

Not long now, keep washing those filthy mitts especially after an extended pot noodle and porn extravaganza.

Yet another U turn from Boris who kinda announced it too late and is gonna self isolate (should have self isolated to begin with..)

What a bullshitter

Newcastle and Gateshead

I think it’s kinda woeful that TFL did not know that they were part of the scheme… because no one from government had actually gotten back to them with all of the questions they asked about how to run and implement…..

By *irtyold manMan  over a year ago

barnsley

Put a clown in charge and you get a circuss.lets vote no confidence

By *litheroevoyeurMan  over a year ago

Clitheroe

"A bit of a sweeping generalisation !"

I think that sums up much of the crap we read on this forum.

» Add a new message to this topic