FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > How safe is the Tube ?

How safe is the Tube ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uv2kiss2 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Norwich

Venturing back onto the London Underground for the first time in 16 months this week and tbh feeling very very wary despite being double jabbed.

Are people adhering to guidelines or will it be the normal free for all ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

For the most part people have been.

Over the last couple of months its almost back to normal in regards to how busy it is and people are for the most part are not sticking to social distancing anymore.

Less and less wearing face coverings, that goes for staff and passengers.

By *iss SinWoman  over a year ago

portchester

It’s frightening. So busy now and lots without masks

"It’s frightening. So busy now and lots without masks "

We travel by tube all the time and the change in how busy it is and the change in peoples behaviour regarding social distancing and face coverings has been gradual so we are used to it now.

We kind of have no choice because its the only way to get around London thats the same for everyone else so people are trying their best but it is just impossible to social distance on the tube.

By *uv2kiss2 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Norwich

No doubt just a question of time before I’m ‘pinged’ or worse then !…

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

It’s back to normal busy again, insane in rush hour. I’ve started walking more but am lucky I don’t commute often. I was surprised how fast walking actually is kingsX to Mayfair or south bank is only 40 mins or so , so I carry a pair of trainers now and walk most journeys

"No doubt just a question of time before I’m ‘pinged’ or worse then !…"

We never have been.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"It’s frightening. So busy now and lots without masks

We travel by tube all the time and the change in how busy it is and the change in peoples behaviour regarding social distancing and face coverings has been gradual so we are used to it now.

We kind of have no choice because its the only way to get around London thats the same for everyone else so people are trying their best but it is just impossible to social distance on the tube."

Good job I don't live in London because I wouldn't be Tube-ing via wheelchair! I saw pics on the news and it looked horribly busy

"It’s frightening. So busy now and lots without masks

We kind of have no choice because its the only way to get around London thats the same for everyone else so people are trying their best but it is just impossible to social distance on the tube.

Good job I don't live in London because I wouldn't be Tube-ing via wheelchair! I saw pics on the news and it looked horribly busy "

Its actually not too bad.

On the whole people are really considerate.

Ash often gets offered a priority seat and on the odd occasion he has had to ask we have only once had someone refuse but then half the carrage stood up to offer their's.

Obviously we are not wheelchair users so I'm sure it's very different.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Interesting.. I just saw this story on BBC and was PO sering starting a thread but this one seems appropriate.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-57874402

The headline is... "Covid 19: More than one third of Londoners unvaccinated"

London has the lowest rates of vaccinations. It also has the lowest rates of infections (perhaps that should read reported infections?)... It has the youngest population and the highest immigration.

So work that out!

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

I took the tube for the first time in about two years recently. Little social distancing, few masks, packed platforms...I was a nervous wreck, and I'm not a nervous person.

Don't like tubes at the best of times, so won't be in a hurry using the service.

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

If you're double vaccinated, you should have little to be concerned about, anywhere, even in the close confines of the Tube.

The heat is the biggest big bear of mine , so hot down there

» Add a new message to this topic