FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > France have now new strict restrictions.

France have now new strict restrictions.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hagTonight OP   Man  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

They have now new restrictions, one have to be vaccinated to enter cafes, restaurants and other spaces, starting in august, they have to show a special covid health pass to enter, shopping centres, hospital and long distance trains.

What happens if one who isnt vaccinated needs the hospital? Those that mean that they should get their money back from paying into it? What do you think of the restrictions? I agree with the protestors, it will also hit the tourism sector and it will have a big impact on the economy too.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Why do you agree with the protestors ?

By *eachcplCouple  over a year ago

blackpool/preston/normandy france

Just get vaccinated.

By *asterandGenieCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

"They have now new restrictions, one have to be vaccinated to enter cafes, restaurants and other spaces, starting in august, they have to show a special covid health pass to enter, shopping centres, hospital and long distance trains.

What happens if one who isnt vaccinated needs the hospital? Those that mean that they should get their money back from paying into it? What do you think of the restrictions? I agree with the protestors, it will also hit the tourism sector and it will have a big impact on the economy too."

I would imagine if you need hospital treatment your COVID vaccine status would be irrelevant it’s just for visitors

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

"I would imagine if you need hospital treatment your COVID vaccine status would be irrelevant it’s just for visitors "

Possibly outpatient appts, too. I doubt you’d be turned away from A+E, but they might make a fuss.

By *eachcplCouple  over a year ago

blackpool/preston/normandy france

If you're not in France why should it bother you anyway

"If you're not in France why should it bother you anyway "
You can still take an interest of what is happening elsewhere.

"I would imagine if you need hospital treatment your COVID vaccine status would be irrelevant it’s just for visitors

Possibly outpatient appts, too. I doubt you’d be turned away from A+E, but they might make a fuss. "

Yes. I reckon the same that it would be fine with the a+e too.

[Removed by poster at 19/07/21 10:10:48]

"Why do you agree with the protestors ?"
Because, it must be a worrying time for some of the citizens there.

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

Get vaccinated !! we did and our 4G reception is amazing now !! but all joking aside be some kind of thing here soon ??

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm glad France is acting to protect its residents.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Restrictions aren't as draconian as you make them out to be. Obviously if an unvaccinated person needs medical attention then they will let them into hospitals.

If you choose not to have the vaccine after being offered it, then you can't complain about not being let into shops etc. The vaccine isn't just for you, it's for your fellow countrymen/women too.

You can have the freedom to not have the vaccine, businesses have the freedom to refuse you entry.

By *drianukMan  over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

There are some very illiberal/authoritarian tendencies at play with these measures in France.

What worries me is that this intolerance is spreading across the western world.

I have no doubt that, were such measures introduced in the UK, here would be many people cheering them on. We need a good look at ourselves

By *00STERMan  over a year ago

nearby

It’s what they should have done here to be honest, for freedom day. Clubs can open more people in pubs only if you can prove vaccine status.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"If you're not in France why should it bother you anyway You can still take an interest of what is happening elsewhere. "

True.

What happens in one country can influence the decisions taken in another. Like a domino effect.

By *ot Wife BeckyCouple  over a year ago

Agde, France

French citizens have a long history of not trusting their rulers.

Started in the late 1700's....!!

They are notoriously anti vax, long before covid was invented.

Some of our best friends, who are otherwise very rational people, will resist to the end. We dont even mention it now for fear of causing a disagreement.

You have to be in their shoes to truly understand their feelings.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The fuss made over getting vaccinated, which is for the common good of all, is part of what's forcing restrictions to continue.

We either have restrictions or vaccines to get safer and to be fully open again. People who dislike both are in cloud cuckoo land, if they won't contribute towards getting our freedoms back and making the world a safer place.

The passports are a reasonable idea, in conjunction with testing and having restrictions that limit infection

"If you're not in France why should it bother you anyway You can still take an interest of what is happening elsewhere.

True.

What happens in one country can influence the decisions taken in another. Like a domino effect."

This and yes that what could happen too.

Loving the new laws Shag as it means more space in restaurants and shops with likeminded people for us and ultimately less chance of me dying which I’m all in favor of to be honest!!!

Tony

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

I think it will encourage more to get vaccinated which is good but can just imagine the uproar on here if it was Britain.

By *arklong88Man  over a year ago

portslade

Apparently prison sentence of up to 6 months if in restaurants without the vaccine in France.

We never learn.

[Removed by poster at 19/07/21 20:00:22]

"Loving the new laws Shag as it means more space in restaurants and shops with likeminded people for us and ultimately less chance of me dying which I’m all in favor of to be honest!!!

Tony"

But do the shop owners like them? I wonder how many will be left there.

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Just get vaccinated if you are able to. If a person does not want to vaccinated then it's their choice..

Bars should be either welcome to vaccinated people or not..

One pub for vaccinated and one pub for those who not want to be vaccinated.. simples

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

Draconian and divisive.

If the vaccine works so well why are the people who have had vaccine worried about sharing space with those that can't or haven't had it ?

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

"Just get vaccinated if you are able to. If a person does not want to vaccinated then it's their choice..

One pub for vaccinated and one pub for those who not want to be vaccinated.. simples "

We could have different pubs, vaccinated and unvaccinated.

Big red crosses painted on the unvaccinated pub doors and the signs changed from the horse and jockey to the plague house.

A few weeks later have signs in the windows 'VACCINATED ONLY' then taxis would drive past the unvaccinated leaving them to shuffle home hoping not too many body parts drop off on the way.

No need for social distancing, unvaccinated only allowed out during the hours of darkness.

Or, maybe think of getting a jab or two.

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

"If the vaccine works so well why are the people who have had vaccine worried about sharing space with those that can't or haven't had it ?"

Because I know enough to know that the vaccine is only supposed to boost my immune response if I catch the virus. It does no prevent me catching the virus. It just gives me better outcome if I do.

I suggest a lot of others know this too.

So on that basis, it makes no difference to me about sharing a space with someone who is vaccinated or not.

They can still carry the virus and still pass it to me, either way.

My mitigation is to stay indoors and just avoid people full stop.

People..eeurgh.

Chelmsford

"French citizens have a long history of not trusting their rulers.

Started in the late 1700's....!!

They are notoriously anti vax, long before covid was invented.

Some of our best friends, who are otherwise very rational people, will resist to the end. We dont even mention it now for fear of causing a disagreement.

You have to be in their shoes to truly understand their feelings.

"

Rebels without a cause ?

Or a rabble without a cause.

Chelmsford

"Just get vaccinated if you are able to. If a person does not want to vaccinated then it's their choice..

One pub for vaccinated and one pub for those who not want to be vaccinated.. simples

Big red crosses painted on the unvaccinated pub doors and the signs changed from the horse and jockey to the plague house.

A few weeks later have signs in the windows 'VACCINATED ONLY' then taxis would drive past the unvaccinated leaving them to shuffle home hoping not too many body parts drop off on the way.

No need for social distancing, unvaccinated only allowed out during the hours of darkness.

"

And that's how it will it be..

"If you're not in France why should it bother you anyway You can still take an interest of what is happening elsewhere. "

Because Boris is going to try it here also, why can't people see this?

"

And we all thought apartheid was over, let's see where this goes.

portslade

And it's happening here soon ..shame on those who support this diviseness, really shame on you.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"They have now new restrictions, one have to be vaccinated to enter cafes, restaurants and other spaces, starting in august, they have to show a special covid health pass to enter, shopping centres, hospital and long distance trains.

What happens if one who isnt vaccinated needs the hospital? Those that mean that they should get their money back from paying into it? What do you think of the restrictions? I agree with the protestors, it will also hit the tourism sector and it will have a big impact on the economy too."

It's school holidays. The French always have some protests blocking ports and roads in July and August.

Tin town

"Draconian and divisive.

If the vaccine works so well why are the people who have had vaccine worried about sharing space with those that can't or haven't had it ?"

1. Nobody's saying the vaccine "works so well" whatever that means.... Nobody.. And nobody has ever said that.

2. That question is repeated and answered ad nauseum on these thread. And keep asking it doesn't change the response.

portslade

"Draconian and divisive.

If the vaccine works so well why are the people who have had vaccine worried about sharing space with those that can't or haven't had it ?

1. Nobody's saying the vaccine "works so well" whatever that means.... Nobody.. And nobody has ever said that.

2. That question is repeated and answered ad nauseum on these thread. And keep asking it doesn't change the response. "

The reason people say this ad nauseam is because it's probably right.

'Working so well' comes from vaccine claim of being 95percent effective.

A two-tiered society.

Complete loss of body autonomy.

Divisive.

Our freedoms need to be protected, whether you are vaccinated or not.

What about the next jab/medication the government sees fit to enforce, and the next? Sure, you’re onboard with the COVID jab now, but the next one you might have reservations about - what then. This would pave the way for mandatory treatments for the future and that to me is a dangerous road.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"I think it will encourage more to get vaccinated which is good but can just imagine the uproar on here if it was Britain. "
well clubs from September will be like that. I can see other places being the same

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

I think in terms of venues like nightclubs, for instance, it could encourage an underground scene for those not wanting to be vaccinated.

I wouldn’t like to be forced to have the vaccine but from what I understand from friends in France, there has been a real reluctance to have the vaccine so I suppose the authorities are trying a different approach.

Manchester (she/her)

"And it's happening here soon ..shame on those who support this diviseness, really shame on you."

As opposed to saying that those who can't be vaccinated or are still afraid should stay at home forever if they don't like life during a raging pandemic?

That's been the line throughout, hasn't it? If you're afraid, stay at home?

Why is wanting to release the vulnerable from virtual house arrest divisive? Keep them safe?

I am not ashamed.

"And it's happening here soon ..shame on those who support this diviseness, really shame on you.

As opposed to saying that those who can't be vaccinated or are still afraid should stay at home forever if they don't like life during a raging pandemic?

Why is wanting to release the vulnerable from virtual house arrest divisive? Keep them safe?

I am not ashamed."

I’m not ashamed either.

portslade

"And it's happening here soon ..shame on those who support this diviseness, really shame on you.

I am not ashamed.

I’m not ashamed either. "

Your out of 'house arrest' if you've had the vaccine.and if you think the vaccine isn't very good then you'll never be out of it

Manchester (she/her)

I am not ashamed.

I’m not ashamed either.

Your out of 'house arrest' if you've had the vaccine.and if you think the vaccine isn't very good then you'll never be out of it"

I recognise that vaccines are not 100% effective, and want to protect the vulnerable and stop the risk of further variants undoing global vaccine uptake.

I also recognise that not everyone can be vaccinated

I further recognise that people who are not protected by vaccines are protected by a large number of people being vaccinated around them.

I stand with the vulnerable.

I am not ashamed.

I am not ashamed.

I’m not ashamed either.

Your out of 'house arrest' if you've had the vaccine.and if you think the vaccine isn't very good then you'll never be out of it"

I haven’t been under ‘house arrest’. I haven’t said I don’t think the vaccine is very good.

Considering others doesn’t mean you don’t want some normality to life. There is a balance to be had.

Demonstrations across France.. Any media coverage.????

"There are some very illiberal/authoritarian tendencies at play with these measures in France.

I have no doubt that, were such measures introduced in the UK, here would be many people cheering them on. We need a good look at ourselves"

Why are you worried....it's simple choice and consequence.

You choose to decline vaccine...night club declines to let you in.

You choose to put your hand in the fire...you get burned.

Simples!

"Demonstrations across France.. Any media coverage.???? "
Yes, rt news reports on it.

near ipswich

"Demonstrations across France.. Any media coverage.???? "
France 24

portslade

"There are some very illiberal/authoritarian tendencies at play with these measures in France.

I have no doubt that, were such measures introduced in the UK, here would be many people cheering them on. We need a good look at ourselves

Simples!"

Put your hands in the fire,and the government burns them-thats the difference.

Simples!"

Exactly

Why is this a problem? A few years ago we voted to leave the EU because we thought we were better without them.

Man up and travel in the UK / Great Britain / England.

The big issue is that only just over 40% of thr French population is fully vaccinated..so will be lots of empty chops cafe's etc in the coming weeks..

"The big issue is that only just over 40% of thr French population is fully vaccinated..so will be lots of empty chops cafe's etc in the coming weeks.."
You are right there, many shops will be empty. I call it a ecomomic pandemic.

Chelmsford

Are we thinking there may be vaccine passports here to go to a pub or club ?

By *0shadesOfFilthMan  over a year ago

nearby

"Are we thinking there may be vaccine passports here to go to a pub or club ?"

I think so. We are on 3rd wave, how many variants now four or five in 18 months. Living with it means there will be more restrictions, and not just the uk.

Chelmsford

I am happy with a vaccine passport to go go my local...

By *heekyFlirtyCoupleCouple  over a year ago

stockport

The vaccines are done on a kind of lottery over in France. Your town comes up and there’s x amount of vaccines available and if you’re not quick you have to wait till more are available for your area. So most of the people just can’t get the vaccines even if they want it. (We have a friends that lives there. They’ve been lucky but their neighbours weren’t and are still waiting) we’re so lucky here that most people have the opportunity to get the vaccines

"The vaccines are done on a kind of lottery over in France. Your town comes up and there’s x amount of vaccines available and if you’re not quick you have to wait till more are available for your area. So most of the people just can’t get the vaccines even if they want it. (We have a friends that lives there. They’ve been lucky but their neighbours weren’t and are still waiting) we’re so lucky here that most people have the opportunity to get the vaccines "

At the start France struggled but now they are flying and these new laws will make the take up higher.

I was jabbed by my specialist two weeks apart.

Son back from uni and booked a jab for the next day and both done a month apart.

Wife double jabbed a month apart.

Two youngest done for first and 2nd jab next week.

Very happy with the roll out in our area and very happy with the new laws.

Tony

You are slightly wrong in your interpretation - I am in France.

To access indoor facilities for leisure or hospital appointments you need to show one of the following:

1. Proof of double vax (their Tous AntiCovid app now can show U.K. vax)

2. Negative covid test

3. Anti-body test for those that have had covid.

I personally think it’s the right thing to do. We still have to wear masks in shops and many wear them outside too.

I did the boot fair last week for Bastille day - our stalls had to be 1m apart and we had to wear a mask all the time - the gendarmes patrolled to check the mask wearing.

By *nicecoupleXCouple  over a year ago

Hitch

Shame they are not as strict at their borders

By *nicecoupleXCouple  over a year ago

Hitch

"If you're not in France why should it bother you anyway "

Maybe because it will be here soon also?

The way the French people are torching the place during protest I just cant see Macron getting that through. He's going to be toast before then.

By *awtyjeniWoman  over a year ago

Bromley

Exactly this !

"Why do you agree with the protestors ?Because, it must be a worrying time for some of the citizens there."

Well then they should haul their worried arses down to the vaccination centre and get done.

By *leasure4leisureMan  over a year ago

south

Why are non vaccinated people thinking they have the right to use the care of the n h s ?

They choose not to have the vaccine , why then should others look after them ?

Manchester (she/her)

"Why are non vaccinated people thinking they have the right to use the care of the n h s ?

They choose not to have the vaccine , why then should others look after them ?"

Because the NHS is for everyone. That's the point

By *issusWoman  over a year ago

Belfast

"Why are non vaccinated people thinking they have the right to use the care of the n h s ?

Because they pay for it?!

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

because unlike you they dont judge people,even sick fuckers like ian brady and the yorkshire ripper get treated

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

Maybe in your world once all those pesky non vaccinated are dealt with we could move on to those other non conformists.

Start banning smokers from nhs care.

Then obese, heavy drinkers.

Then the slightly overweight and odd drinker.

Diabetics, non marathon runners, people who eat crisps and everyone who eats KFC and Maccies, more than 1 deliveroo a week, no entry into A&E.

You have to careful what you wish for as you may become a victim of your own plan.

Just seen the map of red areas in France for Covid - many coastal areas now more than 100 per 100,000, mask wearing and curfew in place in some.

Will no doubt get worse over August.

near ipswich

More and bigger demonstrations this weekend over this.

French lawmakers are due to vote this weekend on a bill drafted by the government aimed at setting up a health pass and mandatory vaccination for health workers.

Lets see if macron gets his way.

Central

Other countries are introducing policies that give more freedom to the vaccinated now

By *isces WomanWoman  over a year ago

West London

What I domt get is the vaccinated still transmit the vitus just as much as the unvaccinated.

People Should have the choice.

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

"What I domt get is the vaccinated still transmit the vitus just as much as the unvaccinated.

People Should have the choice."

Can you provide some evidence because that makes no sense? If I have the vaccine my immune system (in theory) responds quicker. The faster it responds the less the virus can replicate. The less virus the lower my viral load. The lower my viral load the less I can spread.

"What I domt get is the vaccinated still transmit the vitus just as much as the unvaccinated.

Total nonsense there.....!

People Should have the choice."

Can you provide some evidence because that makes no sense? If I have the vaccine my immune system (in theory) responds quicker. The faster it responds the less the virus can replicate. The less virus the lower my viral load. The lower my viral load the less I can spread."

Do you think that because you’re vaccinated that you can’t contract or pass on covid to others? That’s not true

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

Can you provide some evidence because that makes no sense? If I have the vaccine my immune system (in theory) responds quicker. The faster it responds the less the virus can replicate. The less virus the lower my viral load. The lower my viral load the less I can spread.

Do you think that because you’re vaccinated that you can’t contract or pass on covid to others? That’s not true "

Of course the vaccinated can pass on covid however there's a number of studies that have been done showing been vaccinated reduces the risk of transmission by around 60%. Then if the other person is doubled vaccinated they are protected up to 90% from catching the virus.

Taken together that means are group of vaccinated people are far safer to be in and around.

KJ

Do you think that because you’re vaccinated that you can’t contract or pass on covid to others? That’s not true

Of course the vaccinated can pass on covid however there's a number of studies that have been done showing been vaccinated reduces the risk of transmission by around 60%. Then if the other person is doubled vaccinated they are protected up to 90% from catching the virus.

Taken together that means are group of vaccinated people are far safer to be in and around.

KJ"

The safest people to be around are the tested (negative) not the untested (vax or not)

Manchester (she/her)

Do you think that because you’re vaccinated that you can’t contract or pass on covid to others? That’s not true "

The key words are "responds quicker" (not immediately), "the less the virus can replicate" (not the virus cannot replicate), and "the lower viral load" (not no viral load).

If you're looking for someone who cannot shed virus, the only way is to cut off all contact from humanity.

If you're looking for someone who sheds less, try the vaccinated.

If you're looking for someone who sheds lots and for longer, try the unvaccinated.

The key words are "responds quicker" (not immediately), "the less the virus can replicate" (not the virus cannot replicate), and "the lower viral load" (not no viral load).

If you're looking for someone who cannot shed virus, the only way is to cut off all contact from humanity.

If you're looking for someone who sheds lots and for longer, try the unvaccinated."

If you’re looking for someone who isn’t shedding at all, try the tested

(With the caveat of a pcr for accuracy )

Manchester (she/her)

If you're looking for someone who sheds lots and for longer, try the unvaccinated.

If you’re looking for someone who isn’t shedding at all, try the tested

(With the caveat of a pcr for accuracy )"

Ok. I don't mind testing where it's available and I'll do it as much as is reasonable.

In the absence of availability of tests, or where turnaround on results is slow (as it is now), stick to those less capable of shedding virus

By *ordDashwoodMan  over a year ago

cheshire

"A two-tiered society.

Divisive.

What about the next jab/medication the government sees fit to enforce, and the next? Sure, you’re onboard with the COVID jab now, but the next one you might have reservations about - what then. This would pave the way for mandatory treatments for the future and that to me is a dangerous road."

Good on you girl..its not just a case of everyone get vaccinated. Why do we not hear of the millions who have acquired immunity through natural causes. We have had Coved and are immune, just the same as aving the jabs [which may not last as long or give the same protection range] yet we are being forced to compromise that immunity or face becoming second class citizens.

By *lirty-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Bexley

They choose not to have the vaccine , why then should others look after them ?

Maybe in your world once all those pesky non vaccinated are dealt with we could move on to those other non conformists.

Start banning smokers from nhs care.

Then obese, heavy drinkers.

Then the slightly overweight and odd drinker.

Diabetics, non marathon runners, people who eat crisps and everyone who eats KFC and Maccies, more than 1 deliveroo a week, no entry into A&E.

You have to careful what you wish for as you may become a victim of your own plan.

"

Yes and who'd be next on the 'banned list'?

By *lirty-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Bexley

"A two-tiered society.

Divisive.

What about the next jab/medication the government sees fit to enforce, and the next? Sure, you’re onboard with the COVID jab now, but the next one you might have reservations about - what then. This would pave the way for mandatory treatments for the future and that to me is a dangerous road. "

"A two-tiered society.

Divisive.

What about the next jab/medication the government sees fit to enforce, and the next? Sure, you’re onboard with the COVID jab now, but the next one you might have reservations about - what then. This would pave the way for mandatory treatments for the future and that to me is a dangerous road.

Good on you girl..its not just a case of everyone get vaccinated. Why do we not hear of the millions who have acquired immunity through natural causes. We have had Coved and are immune, just the same as aving the jabs [which may not last as long or give the same protection range] yet we are being forced to compromise that immunity or face becoming second class citizens. "

I think you can get a cert for immunity for having had covid for travel etc.

By *issusWoman  over a year ago

Belfast

"Draconian and divisive.

If the vaccine works so well why are the people who have had vaccine worried about sharing space with those that can't or haven't had it ?"

Absolutely as it should be. People need to remember there are consequences to your actions. Refuse to get vaccinated because the internet tells you its made of fetus or lead and thats your problem, not everyone elses. Absolutely no sympathy for those that feel hard done by.

By *drianukMan  over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

The French are being infantilised by their government

By *rMrsRichCouple  over a year ago

Bournemouh

"Absolutely as it should be. People need to remember there are consequences to your actions. Refuse to get vaccinated because the internet tells you its made of fetus or lead and thats your problem, not everyone elses. Absolutely no sympathy for those that feel hard done by."

You’re totally missing the point. I’m all for the vaccines. Most people I know have had them. What you’re missing isn’t about Covid, conspiracies or vaccines it isn’t about choice either. It’s about coercion. It’s about changing a law that is in place that currently protects human beings against all sorts, so that people can be forced to have a medical intervention (which isn’t restricted to vaccines). This is what some people (I’m not talking about anti vaxxers I’m talking about normal people who are having vaccines but still don’t agree with forced vaccines) are concerned about.

And the majority are supporting it only because of Covid. That’s the biggest focus so that is all people are basing their judgement on.

What happens when it’s not Covid anymore but something else that you and the majority disagree with?

I agree, get vaccinated if you can, but threatening young people with being refused a higher education? Banning them from socialising? Making the unvaxxed second class citizens? Really? You seriously support that? How bonkers are you?

We rage in this country about the treatment of citizens in countries led by dictators and now all of a sudden we’re all for it?

They protest in France at the opening of a packet of biscuits.

Hardly surprising they would protest this.

Bizarrerly not sure why people are saying the same will happen here?

The very fact it has been voluntary has if anything driven up the take up of the vaccine.

The more it is forced the less likely we are to just reason and logic to convince people.

The mandatory vaccine for health workers makes logical sense.

Night clubs seems a bit weird can't say I agree with that as it seems less about public safety and more about behavioural science to get the lazy to comply.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"Absolutely as it should be. People need to remember there are consequences to your actions. Refuse to get vaccinated because the internet tells you its made of fetus or lead and thats your problem, not everyone elses. Absolutely no sympathy for those that feel hard done by.

You’re totally missing the point. I’m all for the vaccines. Most people I know have had them. What you’re missing isn’t about Covid, conspiracies or vaccines it isn’t about choice either. It’s about coercion. It’s about changing a law that is in place that currently protects human beings against all sorts, so that people can be forced to have a medical intervention (which isn’t restricted to vaccines). This is what some people (I’m not talking about anti vaxxers I’m talking about normal people who are having vaccines but still don’t agree with forced vaccines) are concerned about.

And the majority are supporting it only because of Covid. That’s the biggest focus so that is all people are basing their judgement on.

What happens when it’s not Covid anymore but something else that you and the majority disagree with?

I agree, get vaccinated if you can, but threatening young people with being refused a higher education? Banning them from socialising? Making the unvaxxed second class citizens? Really? You seriously support that? How bonkers are you?

We rage in this country about the treatment of citizens in countries led by dictators and now all of a sudden we’re all for it?

"

What about the other pupils who would be forced to sit in a classroom with non vaccinated? This goes both ways

"Absolutely as it should be. People need to remember there are consequences to your actions. Refuse to get vaccinated because the internet tells you its made of fetus or lead and thats your problem, not everyone elses. Absolutely no sympathy for those that feel hard done by.

"

"Why do you agree with the protestors ?Because, it must be a worrying time for some of the citizens there."

It's a worrying time for all of us - we're still in a global pandemic.

Everyone getting vaccinated and taking precautions seriously will eventually lead us back to proper freedom

By *rMrsRichCouple  over a year ago

Bournemouh

What about the other pupils who would be forced to sit in a classroom with non vaccinated? This goes both ways "

I’m not sure what difference that makes? The vaccinated can pass it on also. Hardly an argument for denying people education.

Well if your not vaccinated looks like your not getting your coffee in France

Plus the bit were you mentioned about the hospital bit getting your money back

Thing is did you get the opportunity and letters to get your jab?

If you did and didn't want to it's called your choice and hard luck

I think private businesses have the right to do whatever they feel is necessary to protect the health and welfare their staff and their business. If that means not allowing anti-vaxxers into their establishments, it’s an initiative that would i fully support.

As for the NHS, I can’t imagine they’d turn away anyone needing emergency care. They have a duty of care and a code of conduct. Just don’t turn up with a sprained ankle and expect any sympathy.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

Wow for a swingers site there are so many judgemental peeps on here,oh well makes it easier to add them to the blocklist

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

KJ

The safest people to be around are the tested (negative) not the untested (vax or not) "

Wrong.

2 groups

1st all vaccinated and all with a recent as possible negative test.

2nd no one vaccinated and all with a recent as possible negative test.

The 1st group is still safer.

Vaccination not negative tests are why daily deaths have been in the double digits under 100 a day even through this last peak of 50k+ cases a day as oppose to daily deaths in excess of 1000 a day as seen in similar waves of infection before the vaccines.

Vaccines are the reason we have reach this point where all the restrictions have been lifted.

By *ub Bi GuyMan  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

"Apparently prison sentence of up to 6 months if in restaurants without the vaccine in France.

We never learn."

I wonder whether they'll need a vax passport to get into jail?

By *anesjhCouple  over a year ago

LONDON.

"

KJ

The safest people to be around are the tested (negative) not the untested (vax or not)

Wrong.

2 groups

Vaccination not negative tests are why daily deaths have been in the double digits under 100 a day even through this last peak of 50k+ cases a day as oppose to daily deaths in excess of 1000 a day as seen in similar waves of infection before the vaccines.

Vaccines are the reason we have reach this point where all the restrictions have been lifted."

No one mentioned your first group though did they?

It was -

1) all vaccinated but not tested.

2) not vaccinated but tested as negative on a pcr.

I said the safest group are those who have been tested as negative, vaccinated or not.

This is the basis we work on whilst assessing patient risk in our hospital anyway.

Oh bejeezus, so ya mean to tell me that there are other cuntries with strict entry regulations. That's my 2 week holiday to Beijing fucked then.

So, who exactly are "They"

Asking for a friend

What happens if one who isnt vaccinated needs the hospital? Those that mean that they should get their money back from paying into it? What do you think of the restrictions? I agree with the protestors, it will also hit the tourism sector and it will have a big impact on the economy too.

Well if your not vaccinated looks like your not getting your coffee in France "

Let's see if the French put up with it, with huge crowds protesting and growing everyday it may not go through.

By *ordDashwoodMan  over a year ago

cheshire

KJ

Wrong.

2 groups

Vaccines are the reason we have reach this point where all the restrictions have been lifted.

It was -

I said the safest group are those who have been tested as negative, vaccinated or not.

This is the basis we work on whilst assessing patient risk in our hospital anyway.

"

The safest group are those of us who have had Coved and have now got our own immunity.

If your vaccinated you still catch and SPREAD this virus new data has show the vaccinated to have higher levels of the virus than previously thought therefore your vaccine is doing absolutely nothing to minimise spread it just may protect you, but unless you have access to an alternative reality to compare your sickness with and without you can’t even say it will do that, my choice to remain unvaccinated affects only me, the fact that a double jab allows entry to places more than a negative test result proves that the government don’t have your interest at heart nor are they bothered who catches it,

Central

"If your vaccinated you still catch and SPREAD this virus new data has show the vaccinated to have higher levels of the virus than previously thought therefore your vaccine is doing absolutely nothing to minimise spread it just may protect you, but unless you have access to an alternative reality to compare your sickness with and without you can’t even say it will do that, my choice to remain unvaccinated affects only me, the fact that a double jab allows entry to places more than a negative test result proves that the government don’t have your interest at heart nor are they bothered who catches it, "

Are your sources for the claim of infections peer reviewed? Additional evidence is always great but may not provide a conclusive answer for all contexts.

Vaccinations have lowered infection levels, reducing infectivity. This variant is different but will be superceded by others.

Being vaccinated has helped to stop the damage to the country, has helped to lower the restrictions on peoples' lives, reduce the damage to businesses and the economy. Not getting vaccinated is the reverse of that and impacts everyone, not just a person who refused the vaccine.

Central

KJ

Wrong.

2 groups

It was -

The safest group are those of us who have had Coved and have now got our own immunity. "

Infection derived immunity may not be sufficient for everyone and it may not be everlasting at the right level. Vaccination, post-infection, provides the strongest, probably more enduring, natural immunity.

Central

"The French are being infantilised by some fab users"

I saw the demonstration from saturday, it was a really big one too, at least 100000 were there, maibe even more and they said liberte, they interviewed one and they said "I have never demonstrated before,but I am worried over my freedom". I wonder for how long this might go on for?

Central

"I saw the demonstration from saturday, it was a really big one too, at least 100000 were there, maibe even more and they said liberte, they interviewed one and they said "I have never demonstrated before,but I am worried over my freedom". I wonder for how long this might go on for? "

The French have form for effective demonstration commitment. I'd imagine that they'd continue for months, unless there are problems and restrictions.

Tin town

"I saw the demonstration from saturday, it was a really big one too, at least 100000 were there, maibe even more and they said liberte, they interviewed one and they said "I have never demonstrated before,but I am worried over my freedom". I wonder for how long this might go on for?

The French have form for effective demonstration commitment. I'd imagine that they'd continue for months, unless there are problems and restrictions. "

I do admire that French trait... Direct action and when they protest they do it properly.

By *umchum1234Man  over a year ago

Bootle

could it be because they have paid National Insurance all their working life,

Tin town

They choose not to have the vaccine , why then should others look after them ?could it be because they have paid National Insurance all their working life,"

Bit of an assumption

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Now there is no quarantine on return from France

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

What I think about this is, good for the them.

If you don't live in France, you don't need to worry about it.

"Restrictions aren't as draconian as you make them out to be. Obviously if an unvaccinated person needs medical attention then they will let them into hospitals.

If you choose not to have the vaccine after being offered it, then you can't complain about not being let into shops etc. The vaccine isn't just for you, it's for your fellow countrymen/women too.

You can have the freedom to not have the vaccine, businesses have the freedom to refuse you entry."

Tin town

"Now there is no quarantine on return from France"

Today anyway... But stay alert..

so no human rights if you dont want to be forcably jabed sounds about right just like the film kingsmen total control by elete

"Wow for a swingers site there are so many judgemental peeps on here,oh well makes it easier to add them to the blocklist"
bravo

» Add a new message to this topic