FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Track and trace

Track and trace

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ackformore100 OP   Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Today.. Day 5 of isolation I got a call from track and trace. But he said a couple of things which I found hard to believe and wondered what your thoughts were.?

1)it does not seem that even though I had registered my test and have the app and did all my track and trace forms filling... That he either had access to them or looked at them... He was calling me from the park but presumably the Internet provided him with access to what he needed?

2)he didn't seem to distinguish between an lft or a pcr.

3)when I asked him how I could confirm that after my period of Isolation I was clear and could return to contacts... Could he send me a pcr test to take for example? He said no... PHE now recommend Dont take another pcr or lft for 90 days as the virus stays around and this might trigger another period of isolation (which I thought was exactly the point) and why isolation pings were so high so no don't take another lft or pcr.... He went on to tell me this is well known... It is on the website (not sure which one)... Quite frankly it sounded like a load of drivel. Still he ticked his box and did his job. However if for example I wanted to fly somewhere... Don't I have to have a clean test? I just don't understand if he was going off script or if its a new policy to save tests and of we don't test we can't find a positive therefore numbers aren't as scary... Anyone have any similar experiences with t and t?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's worrying that he sounded somewhat unclear or off script. Tests should be done when needed to ascertain if we have an infection.

They're still being done prior to hospital treatment at each visit, which can be much more frequently than he suggests isn't recommended or done.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"It's worrying that he sounded somewhat unclear or off script. Tests should be done when needed to ascertain if we have an infection.

They're still being done prior to hospital treatment at each visit, which can be much more frequently than he suggests isn't recommended or done.

"

They are not being done at each hospital visit for treatment only if somebody is having surgery.

By *0shadesOfFilthMan  over a year ago

nearby

I’m intrigued by track and trace. Had the isolation message two hours ago saying to isolate for 9 days. Yesterday ( day 10) the day of contact I had no close contact with anyone and live alone.

"I’m intrigued by track and trace. Had the isolation message two hours ago saying to isolate for 9 days. Yesterday ( day 10) the day of contact I had no close contact with anyone and live alone. "

I had the same thing. I phoned 119 and they told me if I haven't had contact with anybody that it was probably just somebody who had been close to my house!

People still use this crappy App?

Wow

Tin town

Thanks for the comments so far. Genuine question and I'm no thicky....but as my friends have vulnerable friends I want to make sure I'm not endangering them... So it kind of makes sense to me to do a repeat test..? Now I had that Conversation with the chap but he gave me the schpiel about don't do a test for 90 days.... So how do others prove they are no longer infectious? Or safe to reintegrate?

"Thanks for the comments so far. Genuine question and I'm no thicky....but as my friends have vulnerable friends I want to make sure I'm not endangering them... So it kind of makes sense to me to do a repeat test..? Now I had that Conversation with the chap but he gave me the schpiel about don't do a test for 90 days.... So how do others prove they are no longer infectious? Or safe to reintegrate? "

When we were contacted by track and trace and then tested positive we were not asked to retest, we just had to stay in for the designated date they gave us.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

OP, did you test positive yourself or have you just been pinged/ID'd as a close contact?

"People still use this crappy App?

Wow"

I know right are you mad lol

North West

Wow

I know right are you mad lol "

We've been in isolation but nothing to do with the app. Neither of us have it.

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

Wow"

Yes

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

Wow"

Which crappy app are you talking about?

E

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Why was he calling you from the park ?

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Wow"

yes. I check in every where I go. Never been pinged as yet ..

What an absolute shit show!

The bumbling idiots who run this fiasco couldn’t organise a piss up...

Tin town

"OP, did you test positive yourself or have you just been pinged/ID'd as a close contact?"

Tested positive myself. Felt like crap for a week but just improving now.

Tin town

"Why was he calling you from the park ? "

I'm guessing working from home. It was quite nice hearing the kids playing in the background.

North West

"OP, did you test positive yourself or have you just been pinged/ID'd as a close contact?

Tested positive myself. Felt like crap for a week but just improving now. "

Ah okay. My PT did the T&T phonelines while the gyms were closed and he said there's no need for any further tests after the period of isolation but you should continue to isolate until symptoms have stopped, APART from a residual cough, which can last 3-4wks. Dead clear, eh?!

Hope you're feeling better soon.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

"OP, did you test positive yourself or have you just been pinged/ID'd as a close contact?

Tested positive myself. Felt like crap for a week but just improving now. "

I'm glad you are feeling better

"Today.. Day 5 of isolation I got a call from track and trace. But he said a couple of things which I found hard to believe and wondered what your thoughts were.?

1)it does not seem that even though I had registered my test and have the app and did all my track and trace forms filling... That he either had access to them or looked at them... He was calling me from the park but presumably the Internet provided him with access to what he needed?

3)when I asked him how I could confirm that after my period of Isolation I was clear and could return to contacts... Could he send me a pcr test to take for example? He said no... PHE now recommend Dont take another pcr or lft for 90 days as the virus stays around and this might trigger another period of isolation (which I thought was exactly the point) and why isolation pings were so high so no don't take another lft or pcr.... He went on to tell me this is well known... It is on the website (not sure which one)... Quite frankly it sounded like a load of drivel. Still he ticked his box and did his job. However if for example I wanted to fly somewhere... Don't I have to have a clean test? I just don't understand if he was going off script or if its a new policy to save tests and of we don't test we can't find a positive therefore numbers aren't as scary... Anyone have any similar experiences with t and t? "

I've personally had absolutely no issues with t&t.

I never downloaded any app, I don't answer my phone when it rings and I only supermarket shop late at night.

However, I do live in a semi-detached house and most nights I sleep with my head less than 2 metres away from my neighbours.

This is the problem.

By *uliette500Woman  over a year ago

Hull

"Thanks for the comments so far. Genuine question and I'm no thicky....but as my friends have vulnerable friends I want to make sure I'm not endangering them... So it kind of makes sense to me to do a repeat test..? Now I had that Conversation with the chap but he gave me the schpiel about don't do a test for 90 days.... So how do others prove they are no longer infectious? Or safe to reintegrate? "

Have you tested positive or are you just a close contact?

Guidelines are you are not supposed to repeat the test for 90 days after a positive test as you may still test positive for up to 3 months but you will not infectious.

If you were just a close contact you only need to test if you develop symptoms during your isolation. If no symptoms you can go back to normal after your isolation period.

North West

"Today.. Day 5 of isolation I got a call from track and trace. But he said a couple of things which I found hard to believe and wondered what your thoughts were.?

3)when I asked him how I could confirm that after my period of Isolation I was clear and could return to contacts... Could he send me a pcr test to take for example? He said no... PHE now recommend Dont take another pcr or lft for 90 days as the virus stays around and this might trigger another period of isolation (which I thought was exactly the point) and why isolation pings were so high so no don't take another lft or pcr.... He went on to tell me this is well known... It is on the website (not sure which one)... Quite frankly it sounded like a load of drivel. Still he ticked his box and did his job. However if for example I wanted to fly somewhere... Don't I have to have a clean test? I just don't understand if he was going off script or if its a new policy to save tests and of we don't test we can't find a positive therefore numbers aren't as scary... Anyone have any similar experiences with t and t?

I never downloaded any app, I don't answer my phone when it rings and I only supermarket shop late at night.

However, I do live in a semi-detached house and most nights I sleep with my head less than 2 metres away from my neighbours.

This is the problem."

They text or email you if you are a close contact or report a positive test. The OP states he tested positive so T&T have his number and email from registering for the test. Even if he did not answer the phone or read his email, if he knows he tested positive, he has a legal duty to isolate (as he has done). People seem not to understand that you don't need the app to be "pinged". We've been pinged, but not via the app, because we do not have it. If you went to any public place like a restaurant prior to Monday this week, they had a legal duty to take tracking details or get you to use the app.

Tin town

This is the problem."

Tin town

"Thanks for the comments so far. Genuine question and I'm no thicky....but as my friends have vulnerable friends I want to make sure I'm not endangering them... So it kind of makes sense to me to do a repeat test..? Now I had that Conversation with the chap but he gave me the schpiel about don't do a test for 90 days.... So how do others prove they are no longer infectious? Or safe to reintegrate?

Guidelines are you are not supposed to repeat the test for 90 days after a positive test as you may still test positive for up to 3 months but you will not infectious.

If you were just a close contact you only need to test if you develop symptoms during your isolation. If no symptoms you can go back to normal after your isolation period. "

Thanks for all the comments. Yes I tested positive. And I'm still not up to getting up yet but.. For the sake of argument say I am back to normal... With the lions rugby coming up.. I'll have done my 10 days isolation. I'd like to go to a pub and watch... My local is saying people must have proof of a negative test to be allowed in... Now I have no issue taking an lft or even a pcr (primarily to prove I'm safe) but question to the experts... If it "can stay in the system and give a false positive for 90 days" don't a lot of folks get excluded from stuff unnecessarily?

North West

"Thanks for the comments so far. Genuine question and I'm no thicky....but as my friends have vulnerable friends I want to make sure I'm not endangering them... So it kind of makes sense to me to do a repeat test..? Now I had that Conversation with the chap but he gave me the schpiel about don't do a test for 90 days.... So how do others prove they are no longer infectious? Or safe to reintegrate?

If you were just a close contact you only need to test if you develop symptoms during your isolation. If no symptoms you can go back to normal after your isolation period.

Thanks for all the comments. Yes I tested positive. And I'm still not up to getting up yet but.. For the sake of argument say I am back to normal... With the lions rugby coming up.. I'll have done my 10 days isolation. I'd like to go to a pub and watch... My local is saying people must have proof of a negative test to be allowed in... Now I have no issue taking an lft or even a pcr (primarily to prove I'm safe) but question to the experts... If it "can stay in the system and give a false positive for 90 days" don't a lot of folks get excluded from stuff unnecessarily? "

Is recovery from Covid recently not also allowed on the "passport" system (I've not checked UK rules, but most European countries accepting recent recovery instead of tests).

By *ewcouplemidsCouple  over a year ago

walsall

We have been contacted saying we need to isolate for 10 days from last contact with infected person

No date has been given as to when this was

Wife has been onto app and it states we must isolate till 25th so that means we were in contact during our flight home from Spain

But dodgy to be fair as everyone on flight had to produce a negative test 2 days prior to boarding and also our day 2 pcr taken back in UK was negative

It seems as passenger locater forms are pinging everyone who goes abroad

Neither my wife or myself have any symptoms and have both done an lft test which are negative

Both of us are double jabbed and we came back from a green country

Looks like another way for the government to make money from tests you are paying for when the track n trace app over rules there results and we still are required to isolate even though we have both been back at work for nearly a week

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

Thanks for all the comments. Yes I tested positive. And I'm still not up to getting up yet but.. For the sake of argument say I am back to normal... With the lions rugby coming up.. I'll have done my 10 days isolation. I'd like to go to a pub and watch... My local is saying people must have proof of a negative test to be allowed in... Now I have no issue taking an lft or even a pcr (primarily to prove I'm safe) but question to the experts... If it "can stay in the system and give a false positive for 90 days" don't a lot of folks get excluded from stuff unnecessarily?

Is recovery from Covid recently not also allowed on the "passport" system (I've not checked UK rules, but most European countries accepting recent recovery instead of tests)."

Yes, the pass covers those that have had covid within the last 6 months, this is shown by having a positive pcr test registered on the app within the last 180 days.

By *nicecoupleXCouple  over a year ago

Hitch

3)when I asked him how I could confirm that after my period of Isolation I was clear and could return to contacts... Could he send me a pcr test to take for example? He said no... PHE now recommend Dont take another pcr or lft for 90 days as the virus stays around and this might trigger another period of isolation (which I thought was exactly the point) and why isolation pings were so high so no don't take another lft or pcr.... He went on to tell me this is well known... It is on the website (not sure which one)... Quite frankly it sounded like a load of drivel. Still he ticked his box and did his job. However if for example I wanted to fly somewhere... Don't I have to have a clean test? I just don't understand if he was going off script or if its a new policy to save tests and of we don't test we can't find a positive therefore numbers aren't as scary... Anyone have any similar experiences with t and t? "

After the 2nd call from the covif police I turned off my phone and used another one.

I was told no test needed for 90 days after , I work in care

After about 2 months I started doing laterals as we get an extra 15 mins coffee break to do so.

North West

"We have been contacted saying we need to isolate for 10 days from last contact with infected person

Wife has been onto app and it states we must isolate till 25th so that means we were in contact during our flight home from Spain

But dodgy to be fair as everyone on flight had to produce a negative test 2 days prior to boarding and also our day 2 pcr taken back in UK was negative

Neither my wife or myself have any symptoms and have both done an lft test which are negative

Looks like another way for the government to make money from tests you are paying for when the track n trace app over rules there results and we still are required to isolate even though we have both been back at work for nearly a week "

I'm far from a conspiracy theorist, but I have to say I agree that it looks/feels like they are asking anyone who came back from green countries to isolate. We had exactly the same experience as you guys. We were told to isolate before we'd even had chance to send our day 2 PCR tests back, so not enough time for someone to disembark, feel a bit iffy next day, get a PCR test and then result. Everyone on the flight had to take a PCR test and provide a negative result to get on the flight, so it is a bit odd.

Anyway, we were let out today!

By *JB1954Man  over a year ago

Reading

"It's worrying that he sounded somewhat unclear or off script. Tests should be done when needed to ascertain if we have an infection.

They are not being done at each hospital visit for treatment only if somebody is having surgery."

This may be the case at your hospital. I have a friend who has been having cancer treatment last year and this year. Prior to each visit they have to have a covid swab test. Pass , or not allowed to go to treatment ward.

By *ewcouplemidsCouple  over a year ago

walsall

"We have been contacted saying we need to isolate for 10 days from last contact with infected person

Looks like another way for the government to make money from tests you are paying for when the track n trace app over rules there results and we still are required to isolate even though we have both been back at work for nearly a week

I'm far from a conspiracy theorist, but I have to say I agree that it looks/feels like they are asking anyone who came back from green countries to isolate. We had exactly the same experience as you guys. We were told to isolate before we'd even had chance to send our day 2 PCR tests back, so not enough time for someone to disembark, feel a bit iffy next day, get a PCR test and then result. Everyone on the flight had to take a PCR test and provide a negative result to get on the flight, so it is a bit odd.

Anyway, we were let out today!"

Apparently everyone on all flights from parma have had the same

Found out from the Palma group we joined before going

Also its all over twitter

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Sounds distinctly average or even unprofessional to me. Shame private sector companies like Serco aren’t running this and getting paid £millions and making their shareholders very happy...oh wait a minute?!

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"Sounds distinctly average or even unprofessional to me. Shame private sector companies like Serco aren’t running this and getting paid £millions and making their shareholders very happy...oh wait a minute?!"

Which part are they involved in ?

Tin town

Had my second call from track and trace today to tell me I'm OK to un isolate. Great.

So I asked how I or anyone close to me will know that I'm all clear. "you should be OK after 10 days" is the reply. OK but is there a test I can do that proves I am all clear.? "no PHE advise no further tests for 90 days as the dead cells could cause a false positive"...

So for all those events, pubs, clubs, flights that require a negative test... Apparently you can't... As they may give a false positive for 90 days. I wonder how people are going to avail themselves of all the events / holidays that require either a double jab or a negative test.. When they've not had a chance to have a second jab yet or have had covid in the last month and can't do another test for 90 days... Its a conundrum for sure.

Dudley

"Had my second call from track and trace today to tell me I'm OK to un isolate. Great.

So I asked how I or anyone close to me will know that I'm all clear. "you should be OK after 10 days" is the reply. OK but is there a test I can do that proves I am all clear.? "no PHE advise no further tests for 90 days as the dead cells could cause a false positive"...

So for all those events, pubs, clubs, flights that require a negative test... Apparently you can't... As they may give a false positive for 90 days. I wonder how people are going to avail themselves of all the events / holidays that require either a double jab or a negative test.. When they've not had a chance to have a second jab yet or have had covid in the last month and can't do another test for 90 days... Its a conundrum for sure. "

The nhs covid pass also covers anyone who has had a positive pcr test in the last 6 months.

By *luttyLaylaWoman  over a year ago

North West

I was positive for over 3 months from initial infection.

It’s the reason people had never had to test negative to return to work after their initial 2 weeks isolation at the start.

People can’t be expected to isolate that length of time can they?

Tin town

"Had my second call from track and trace today to tell me I'm OK to un isolate. Great.

So for all those events, pubs, clubs, flights that require a negative test... Apparently you can't... As they may give a false positive for 90 days. I wonder how people are going to avail themselves of all the events / holidays that require either a double jab or a negative test.. When they've not had a chance to have a second jab yet or have had covid in the last month and can't do another test for 90 days... Its a conundrum for sure.

The nhs covid pass also covers anyone who has had a positive pcr test in the last 6 months. "

Could you explain how that helps give a negative test? For those venues that require one?

Dudley

The nhs covid pass also covers anyone who has had a positive pcr test in the last 6 months.

Could you explain how that helps give a negative test? For those venues that require one? "

Most venues accept the covid pass, those that require a negative test, unfortunately, that just might be tough luck.

Tin town

Could you explain how that helps give a negative test? For those venues that require one?

Most venues accept the covid pass, those that require a negative test, unfortunately, that just might be tough luck."

Just to.clarify...are you saying that a venue will take a 2 week old positive pcr test to grant safe access? In lieue of a 1 day old negative pcr test? I don't know anything about covid pass or how I'd get one.

"I’m intrigued by track and trace. Had the isolation message two hours ago saying to isolate for 9 days. Yesterday ( day 10) the day of contact I had no close contact with anyone and live alone. "

My understanding is that you need to isolate for 10 days "after" the contact, so you have been flagged up as having contact with someone the day before yesterday. I've no idea whether that makes more sense in your circumstances...

By *exOnLegsPlymCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth

You can easily test positive on a PCR 90 days or more after the test as the PCR will find fragments of viral RNA that your immune systems has killed off but is still floating about in your body. They can remain in your system for at least (maybe more) than 90 days after your symptoms finish but they are not active so won't infect someone else. Not 100pc sure about the Lateral Flow but I think it looks for active infection not viral RNA, so you'd probably test negative on LFT but positive on PCR. Does that make sense?

Dudley

Most venues accept the covid pass, those that require a negative test, unfortunately, that just might be tough luck.

Just to.clarify...are you saying that a venue will take a 2 week old positive pcr test to grant safe access? In lieue of a 1 day old negative pcr test? I don't know anything about covid pass or how I'd get one. "

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

We do regular testing at work and from the outset the guidance had been that for anyone who tests positive they do not do another test for 90 days. We started the testing late last year.

» Add a new message to this topic