FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Vaccinated getting Covid.

Vaccinated getting Covid.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Here’s one for those who understand how this all works.

According to the Zoe study, cases in the unvaccinated has peaked and is now falling quite steeply. Cases in the vaccinated is still climbing and will shortly be the majority of cases.

Some commentators are raising concerns about this, however isn’t there a case that someone who has been vaccinated and only suffers mild disease will also be getting a natural boost to their immunity. Could this also reduce the need for a vaccine booster in the autumn.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I heard about a US study (caveat, only mRNA vaccines) where they found that full vaccination plus infection gave a much stronger immunity (I forget/don't understand the specifics). (This Week in Virology podcast - last few weeks, afraid I don't remember more specifically)

Ultimately the vaccines are designed to prevent hospitalisation and death, which they're very good at, not infection. (Like almost all vaccines we have)

But at the moment we have too many people at risk of infection and long term consequences to just let it run, plus there's the fear of vaccine escape, which could harm the whole world.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Here’s one for those who understand how this all works.

According to the Zoe study, cases in the unvaccinated has peaked and is now falling quite steeply. Cases in the vaccinated is still climbing and will shortly be the majority of cases.

Some commentators are raising concerns about this, however isn’t there a case that someone who has been vaccinated and only suffers mild disease will also be getting a natural boost to their immunity. Could this also reduce the need for a vaccine booster in the autumn."

Most of the infected and vaccinated group are elderly, and more than half of those are female (65%).

The well-documented decline of the immune system as age progresses leads to old people being unable to fight infection anywhere near as well as younger people. Naive T cell production is much lower in old people, due to age-related decline in the immune system.

It may well be that any future covid vaccinations will be related to age, like flu vaccinations, and contain elements to provoke a wider immune reaction.

By *up1downCouple  over a year ago

leamington spa

Some commentators are raising concerns about this, however isn’t there a case that someone who has been vaccinated and only suffers mild disease will also be getting a natural boost to their immunity. Could this also reduce the need for a vaccine booster in the autumn.

Most of the infected and vaccinated group are elderly, and more than half of those are female (65%).

The well-documented decline of the immune system as age progresses leads to old people being unable to fight infection anywhere near as well as younger people. Naive T cell production is much lower in old people, due to age-related decline in the immune system.

It may well be that any future covid vaccinations will be related to age, like flu vaccinations, and contain elements to provoke a wider immune reaction."

So why are we giving an untested drug to our children?

Manchester (she/her)

It may well be that any future covid vaccinations will be related to age, like flu vaccinations, and contain elements to provoke a wider immune reaction.

So why are we giving an untested drug to our children? "

What untested drug, please?

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

So why are we giving an untested drug to our children?

What untested drug, please?"

I was about to ask the same question.

Untested drugs are of great concern.

E

By *spotpleasurerMan  over a year ago

Norwich

The proportion of vaccinated people who become infected or hospitalised will inevitably rise ... simply because the pool of unvaccinated people is a shrinking minority.

What happens when a vaccinated person becomes infected depends on a lot of factors like their age and general health. Maybe older people already need a third dose to boost their immune response.

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

Stop poking the bear.

Naughty people.

Clearly with pretty much 80% of adults vacinnated the odds of the disease finding and unvacinnated person falls.

Maybe protected/protector would be a better word than vacinnated as I think some people equate vaccinated with immune.

In the mean time the disease will continue to circulate around the population. Most of the unvacinnated are in low risk categories and the most vulnerable are as protected as we can make them with current scientific knowledge.

By *Marvel-Man  over a year ago

In The Gym

So why are we giving an untested drug to our children? "

Looking up what clinical trials means please when it's related to vaccines.

Then question yourself as to why you say it's untested.

People could also argue that vaccines are Biologics and don't fall under the category of a "drug".

With regards to the autumn booster is the U.K. getting ahead of itself. The World Health Organisation are questioning this due to insufficient evidence in length and levels of immunity.

When we have a large percentage of the world population, especially from the poorest nations unvaccinated, is it morally right to be topping up those in the wealthiest nations just to be sure.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

We vaccinated the most vulnerable first, who have weaker immune systems, so it's inevitable that we will be getting infections out of the millions of vaccinated people, as the prevalence of infection and its growth is so rampant.

Whilst getting an infection that may boost the immune system may appeal to some, the costs of this are huge. They may go on to get long covid or other health damage. Some may die.

Vaccination is the safer, intelligent choice for those people who can have it.

"We vaccinated the most vulnerable first, who have weaker immune systems, so it's inevitable that we will be getting infections out of the millions of vaccinated people, as the prevalence of infection and its growth is so rampant.

Whilst getting an infection that may boost the immune system may appeal to some, the costs of this are huge. They may go on to get long covid or other health damage. Some may die.

Vaccination is the safer, intelligent choice for those people who can have it. "

I’m not sure what your last two sentences have to do with my op. I never suggested getting infected in stead of vaccination.

Manchester (she/her)

"With regards to the autumn booster is the U.K. getting ahead of itself. The World Health Organisation are questioning this due to insufficient evidence in length and levels of immunity.

When we have a large percentage of the world population, especially from the poorest nations unvaccinated, is it morally right to be topping up those in the wealthiest nations just to be sure."

I'm not sure there's a clear answer to that at the moment

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

That may happen in 3 or 4 years time when people have caught covid-19 a few times and are happy to just catch it and forego the vaccine, I think is important right now to get on with these boosters and get the 80-90plus group protected with the seriously vulnerable group

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

"With regards to the autumn booster is the U.K. getting ahead of itself. The World Health Organisation are questioning this due to insufficient evidence in length and levels of immunity.

When we have a large percentage of the world population, especially from the poorest nations unvaccinated, is it morally right to be topping up those in the wealthiest nations just to be sure.

I'm not sure there's a clear answer to that at the moment"

The answer is very simple and clear YES. This also helps the unvaccinated as even though a vaccinated person can get the virus it is less likely and the viral load is less. That means there is less chance to infect the unvaccinated. At the same time the wealthiest nations should be helping the poorer nations as many are doing.

By *punky0199Man  over a year ago

Lisburn

A lot of you people are obviously wasted in you day jobs. Should really be working for the WHO with all the intelligence and experience you are displaying on here.

Like it or not, the vaccine ha s Not went through the same process as any other vaccine. It hasn't been around for nearly long enough.

As for the people that continually spout off about someone not wanting it as some *anti-vax* weirdo, go take a look at yourself and then sell up and move to China/North Korea if you want things to be forced. This is a free country and Everyone can make their own choices of what's right for Themselves.

Manchester (she/her)

"A lot of you people are obviously wasted in you day jobs. Should really be working for the WHO with all the intelligence and experience you are displaying on here.

Like it or not, the vaccine ha s Not went through the same process as any other vaccine. It hasn't been around for nearly long enough.

As for the people that continually spout off about someone not wanting it as some *anti-vax* weirdo, go take a look at yourself and then sell up and move to China/North Korea if you want things to be forced. This is a free country and Everyone can make their own choices of what's right for Themselves. "

So if I don't agree with you I should be forced to move to North Korea or China?

Nice free speech right there

Lisburn

And if I don't agree with you and others about taking the vaccine I should be forced?

Nice freedom of choice right there!

The South

"And if I don't agree with you and others about taking the vaccine I should be forced?

Nice freedom of choice right there! "

Who is forcing you to get vaccinated?

E

Manchester (she/her)

"And if I don't agree with you and others about taking the vaccine I should be forced?

Did I say that?

You're the one telling me to move

I’m not sure if I worded my op badly or some people are answering a question they wanted me to ask. Either way onwards and upwards.

The South

"A lot of you people are obviously wasted in you day jobs. Should really be working for the WHO with all the intelligence and experience you are displaying on here.

As for the people that continually spout off about someone not wanting it as some *anti-vax* weirdo, go take a look at yourself and then sell up and move to China/North Korea if you want things to be forced. This is a free country and Everyone can make their own choices of what's right for Themselves. "

Ref your second paragraph....

https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/human-regulatory/overview/public-health-threats/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/treatments-vaccines/vaccines-covid-19/covid-19-vaccines-development-evaluation-approval-monitoring

You're welcome.

E

Manchester (she/her)

"I’m not sure if I worded my op badly or some people are answering a question they wanted me to ask. Either way onwards and upwards."

I tried to answer it in my first reply, if that helps

By *innerforthreeMan  over a year ago

London/herts

Actually China has locked its borders to UK visitors so I couldn't sell up and move there even if I wanted.

Not sure about North Korea though, but it's not really on my list of relocation opportunities.

And you may find this surprising but when pretty much the global research community foccusses all it's attention on one specific disease it is amazing how quickly they can come up with something.

[Removed by poster at 21/07/21 16:23:28]

"I’m not sure if I worded my op badly or some people are answering a question they wanted me to ask. Either way onwards and upwards.

I tried to answer it in my first reply, if that helps"

I don’t know why I’m surprised to be honest, these threads go off track every time.

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

Not one person in the UK has been forced to have the vaccine.

Please stop saying that people saying you should have it is the same as being forced.

I may say you should take a brolly out with you when it's raining, but that is not the same as surgically attaching one to your head.

Lisburn

[Removed by poster at 21/07/21 16:42:50]

Lisburn

Lol

Lisburn

They just need to focus on cancer, hiv etc and then we can live long and happy lives

Lisburn

Nice freedom of choice right there!

Did I say that?

You're the one telling me to move "

I didn't actually. Read the original post again.

I never said you should be forced. Was just making a suggestion for anyone that thinks everyone should be vaccinated.

This forum gets so twisted sometimes. I really thing the whole "virus" section needs deleted.

The South

"They just need to focus on cancer, hiv etc and then we can live long and happy lives"

If we stop our efforts against Covid we can live long and happy lives?

E

Lisburn

As for the people that continually spout off about someone not wanting it as some *anti-vax* weirdo, go take a look at yourself and then sell up and move to China/North Korea if you want things to be forced. This is a free country and Everyone can make their own choices of what's right for Themselves.

Ref your second paragraph....

https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/human-regulatory/overview/public-health-threats/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/treatments-vaccines/vaccines-covid-19/covid-19-vaccines-development-evaluation-approval-monitoring

You're welcome.

E

"

Just read that. Fair enough, it's well tested. Still not been tested for long term effects tho. That comes with TIME.

Lisburn

"They just need to focus on cancer, hiv etc and then we can live long and happy lives

If we stop our efforts against Covid we can live long and happy lives?

E"

Did I say that?

By *innerforthreeMan  over a year ago

London/herts

"They just need to focus on cancer, hiv etc and then we can live long and happy lives"

Funny you say that....look at HIV, huge amount of research and money has been thrown at that and we are at a stage where you can live an almost normal life with it. Not saying you would want to contract it but when the science community and more importantly money gets thrown at something look what happens....

Sadly there are too many different cancers for a single cure so far....

Lisburn

"They just need to focus on cancer, hiv etc and then we can live long and happy lives

Funny you say that....look at HIV, huge amount of research and money has been thrown at that and we are at a stage where you can live an almost normal life with it. Not saying you would want to contract it but when the science community and more importantly money gets thrown at something look what happens....

Sadly there are too many different cancers for a single cure so far...."

I'm sure anything could be cured if the will was there.

No money to be made in cures tho. All money is made alleviating symptoms.

Manchester (she/her)

On the topic of the OP, I'd like to see a breakdown of cases by severity and lasting effects

The vaccines have been designed, like almost all we have, to prevent hospitalisation and death. They're not perfect, we know that. But, do they do this? Do they prevent long Covid? (After full vaccination plus 2-3 weeks, not anything less)

Do any long term Covid symptoms reduce after vaccination?

How does this break down by vaccine type?

» Add a new message to this topic