FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > I can't be responsible for the twit behind me

I can't be responsible for the twit behind me

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So, I'm in the queue at the supermarket. I'm a government approved carer for my elderly father. Therefore even though he is vaccinated, I have a duty to do my very best to protect him from the potential consequences of being infected with Covid.

Now, I can and do wear my face mask, I can and do stay 2 metres away from the person in front of me at the supermarket. I can and do refuse to visit pubs, eat in fast food joints, cafes etc.

I can and do sit on the top deck of the bus, as far away from as many other passengers as possible, preferably right behind an open window.

However, this is where everything falls apart.

I can not insist that the person behind me at t eh supermarket maintains a 2 metre distance from me.

I can not tell the person who sits right behind me on the bus to move to another seat.

I am totally dependant on the respect of other people and in today's world that is unacceptable.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"So, I'm in the queue at the supermarket. I'm a government approved carer for my elderly father. Therefore even though he is vaccinated, I have a duty to do my very best to protect him from the potential consequences of being infected with Covid.

Now, I can and do wear my face mask, I can and do stay 2 metres away from the person in front of me at the supermarket. I can and do refuse to visit pubs, eat in fast food joints, cafes etc.

I can and do sit on the top deck of the bus, as far away from as many other passengers as possible, preferably right behind an open window.

I can not insist that the person behind me at t eh supermarket maintains a 2 metre distance from me.

I can not tell the person who sits right behind me on the bus to move to another seat.

I am totally dependant on the respect of other people and in today's world that is unacceptable."

True.

Get your shopping online or put your trolley behind you in the queue?

Change seats on the bus if someone sits close or wait for a less packed bus?

Can’t think of any other ways round it

By *anshee99Woman  over a year ago

nw

I've had this problem many times. Randomly and without warning, flailing your arms in all directions works well. My arms certainly aren't 2 metres long so when I hit you, back the fuck up.

By *leaserforPleasureTV/TS  over a year ago

Whitstable

Its probably the same thing that when you park in a carpark away from all the other cars and there are plenty of spaces someone will always come and park alongside, behind or in front.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm sorry, OP.

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

I think it’s a shame that people can’t seem to understand this and consider others. We are all capable of giving others space.

Sometimes it’s going to be a challenge, unfortunately.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

I will carry on telling people to get the fuck out of my space,same as i have been doing since march 2020

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

"So, I'm in the queue at the supermarket. I'm a government approved carer for my elderly father. Therefore even though he is vaccinated, I have a duty to do my very best to protect him from the potential consequences of being infected with Covid.

I am totally dependant on the respect of other people and in today's world that is unacceptable."

You can reach behind you, accidentally ( in on purpose) make light contact with them. Apologise saying I didn't realise you were there and be fairly sure that person will allow people their own personal space from now on.. For added effect try a cheeky little throat clearing cough.. That will do the job nicely.. Actually it works if you try it

By *ougie321Man  over a year ago

Milford Haven

T shirt with “INFECTED” front and back would be enough for me to back off.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

" I am totally dependant on the respect of other people and in today's world that is unacceptable."

This isn’t new to covid times and sadly will always be the way .

By *spotpleasurerMan  over a year ago

Norwich

Unless you create a Michael Jackson like bubble and live forever, some risk is unavoidable in daily life.

Were you taking such strict precautions before Covid? No, even though you could be transmitting some other microbial pathogen to which an elderly person could be vulnerable.

" I am totally dependant on the respect of other people and in today's world that is unacceptable.

This isn’t new to covid times and sadly will always be the way .

"

This is true. Prior to Covid often people would stand so close behind you in queues, that they could Shag you up the arse .x

"Unless you create a Michael Jackson like bubble and live forever, some risk is unavoidable in daily life.

Were you taking such strict precautions before Covid? No, even though you could be transmitting some other microbial pathogen to which an elderly person could be vulnerable.

"

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

I like those baskets on wheels, to drag behind me in the supermarkets, well timed coughs work as well but if I have a real persistent one then I phone a friend and start talking about bodily functions graphically

"I will carry on telling people to get the fuck out of my space,same as i have been doing since march 2020"

^ this.

I feel very comfortable asking people to stand away from me now.

Before Covid I never liked anyone in my person space, but wouldn't feel confident telling them.

Now I feel justified.

By *orty-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Leyland

"Its probably the same thing that when you park in a carpark away from all the other cars and there are plenty of spaces someone will always come and park alongside, behind or in front."

That makes my piss boil

Manchester (she/her)

"I will carry on telling people to get the fuck out of my space,same as i have been doing since march 2020

^ this.

I feel very comfortable asking people to stand away from me now.

Before Covid I never liked anyone in my person space, but wouldn't feel confident telling them.

Now I feel justified."

Yes. I hope we continue to be respectful of each other's space, and germ etiquette, after all this is less urgent.

"I will carry on telling people to get the fuck out of my space,same as i have been doing since march 2020"

^^^^^^^ Yup.. Sometimes it just has to be said..."get the fuck out of my space"... I can't believe how ignorant some twats can be...Invading my space even in the height of the Pandemic Yup "get the fk outta my space ya twat" & it works... Sometimes you just gotta act a little nuts too & that sure clears space

By *heekyFlirtyCoupleCouple  over a year ago

stockport

" put your trolley behind you in the queue? "

why has this only just dawned on me. Great idea!

It's always been that way, it's nothing new.

borehamwood

"I will carry on telling people to get the fuck out of my space,same as i have been doing since march 2020

^^^^^^^ Yup.. Sometimes it just has to be said..."get the fuck out of my space"... I can't believe how ignorant some twats can be...Invading my space even in the height of the Pandemic Yup "get the fk outta my space ya twat" & it works... Sometimes you just gotta act a little nuts too & that sure clears space "

the looks you get sometimes are fantastic to be honest ive always been pretty comftable saying shit that needs to be said way before covid

By *oubleswing2019Couple  over a year ago

Colchester

Quite a few friends are metallers. Great big hairy blokes, covered in tat's, full on beards, studded belts, the works. Funny how they never seem to get their personal space invaded.

(Tell a lie...a BNP member did once at rally that went past my friend. She's very Anti-Fa, and a metaller, and the BNP guy was right in her face. She decked him with one blow. She decked an aggressive monkey in SA once too that attacked her...it came off the worst).

It probably won't surprise you to know the metallers are actually the nicest folks going. Just don't piss them off.

I am totally dependant on the respect of other people and in today's world that is unacceptable.

True.

Can’t think of any other ways round it "

This is spot on, if you expect everyone else to change there habits you'll be waiting along time. Change your own first, self responsibility.

It's funny how the so called 'nice' people are the ones saying "get the Fuck out of my space" , how polite the ones who want people not to cough or sneeze in your face and be polite and considerate, but will quite happily say "get the Fuck out of my space", how nice. I would be careful who you have that attitude to, there's always someone who may take it one step further. Although I'm sure these moral social warriors are very careful to who they say it too.....

Manchester (she/her)

True.

This is spot on, if you expect everyone else to change there habits you'll be waiting along time. Change your own first, self responsibility.

It's funny how the so called 'nice' people are the ones saying "get the Fuck out of my space" , how polite the ones who want people not to cough or sneeze in your face and be polite and considerate, but will quite happily say "get the Fuck out of my space", how nice. I would be careful who you have that attitude to, there's always someone who may take it one step further. Although I'm sure these moral social warriors are very careful to who they say it too....."

Why is hoping for personal space, particularly during a pandemic, a bad thing?

Does it hurt anyone to give others space?

Why would anyone feel entitled to be close to a stranger at any time, and particularly during a pandemic?

By *ustforfun49Man  over a year ago

chesterfield

"Its probably the same thing that when you park in a carpark away from all the other cars and there are plenty of spaces someone will always come and park alongside, behind or in front."

True.

It's funny how the so called 'nice' people are the ones saying "get the Fuck out of my space" , how polite the ones who want people not to cough or sneeze in your face and be polite and considerate, but will quite happily say "get the Fuck out of my space", how nice. I would be careful who you have that attitude to, there's always someone who may take it one step further. Although I'm sure these moral social warriors are very careful to who they say it too.....

Why would anyone feel entitled to be close to a stranger at any time, and particularly during a pandemic?"

Did I say it was a bad thing?

Do you think saying "get the Fuck out of my space" a polite and appropriate thing to say?

Manchester (she/her)

True.

Why would anyone feel entitled to be close to a stranger at any time, and particularly during a pandemic?

Do you think saying "get the Fuck out of my space" a polite and appropriate thing to say?"

Do you think that people always express themselves exactly as bluntly as they do on the forum? They don't in my world.

True.

Do you think saying "get the Fuck out of my space" a polite and appropriate thing to say?

Do you think that people always express themselves exactly as bluntly as they do on the forum? They don't in my world."

Right, so I didn't say it was a bad thing.

I'll answer you question if you won't answer mine.

No I don't, most are cowards and don't want the confrontation. What is said alot in a forum setting is not said in the real world, although when some are saying that they tell people to get the Fuck out of my face and they do, that's different from let's say " I was like, get the Fuck out of my face", simular but different. Anyway bit of a pathetic point to point out. Not crowding someone, coughing at them is just being polite, manners I'd say. Verbal abuse is just that, says everything about the person, even if they have a mask on to "show their respect to others"

Manchester (she/her)

True.

Do you think that people always express themselves exactly as bluntly as they do on the forum? They don't in my world.

No I don't, most are cowards and don't want the confrontation. What is said alot in a forum setting is not said in the real world, although when some are saying that they tell people to get the Fuck out of my face and they do, that's different from let's say " I was like, get the Fuck out of my face", simular but different. Anyway bit of a pathetic point to point out. Not crowding someone, coughing at them is just being polite, manners I'd say. Verbal abuse is just that, says everything about the person, even if they have a mask on to "show their respect to others" "

So if I said "would you mind taking a step back" while wearing a mask, is that a problem?

Wouldn't it be better if people just gave people space automatically?

By *rincess PhoenixWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

On Friday I was in a queue at the shop and an old lady stood so close to me I could hear her breathing!!! I took a small step backwards and when I bumped her before she could say anything I very loudly said "oh I'm sorry I didn't expect anyone to be so close to me" she backed up to the 2 metre sticker quite quickly - and yes I would say that even pre-covid as there is no need for people to be that close to me unless we're having sex!

True.

No I don't, most are cowards and don't want the confrontation. What is said alot in a forum setting is not said in the real world, although when some are saying that they tell people to get the Fuck out of my face and they do, that's different from let's say " I was like, get the Fuck out of my face", simular but different. Anyway bit of a pathetic point to point out. Not crowding someone, coughing at them is just being polite, manners I'd say. Verbal abuse is just that, says everything about the person, even if they have a mask on to "show their respect to others"

So if I said "would you mind taking a step back" while wearing a mask, is that a problem?

Wouldn't it be better if people just gave people space automatically?"

No,if you want to wear a mask, none of my business, I would give you space automatically,cant see what your questions are pointing to.

borehamwood

True.

It's funny how the so called 'nice' people are the ones saying "get the Fuck out of my space" , how polite the ones who want people not to cough or sneeze in your face and be polite and considerate, but will quite happily say "get the Fuck out of my space", how nice. I would be careful who you have that attitude to, there's always someone who may take it one step further. Although I'm sure these moral social warriors are very careful to who they say it too....."

moral justice warrior pmsl i been double jabbed for my own selfish reasons i need a holiday and being jabbed meens less hassle also i never claimed to be a so called nice person,as for someone wanting to take it further i have no prob with that

By *heRazorsEdgeMan  over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

"Quite a few friends are metallers. Great big hairy blokes, covered in tat's, full on beards, studded belts, the works. Funny how they never seem to get their personal space invaded.

(Tell a lie...a BNP member did once at rally that went past my friend. She's very Anti-Fa, and a metaller, and the BNP guy was right in her face. She decked him with one blow. She decked an aggressive monkey in SA once too that attacked her...it came off the worst).

It probably won't surprise you to know the metallers are actually the nicest folks going. Just don't piss them off."

Truth!

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

Eat a curry the night before you go shopping, then people might want to social distance when you fart.

It’s why I’m not venturing out anywhere now and shopping online. My family are on high alert as covid is rife in my village and we don’t want anything that will stop me being admitted for induction. Prior to this stage though I have told people to back off

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

Woman sat on the other side of the aisle on the bus a couple of weeks ago pulled her mask down to sneeze, then pulled it back up again.

By *irestorm 500Couple  over a year ago

coventry

x Storm x

By *isoCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle

I would love to see someone talk to my husband like that.

I would help to pick them up from the floor I promise

Manchester (she/her)

"Woman sat on the other side of the aisle on the bus a couple of weeks ago pulled her mask down to sneeze, then pulled it back up again.

"

I sneeze into my mask because I understand how they work.

By *unkym34Man  over a year ago

London

It really bugs me when I get on a train tube bus and some one has put their bag on the seat beside them to stop others sitting there forcing people to stand and huddle togther. It’s just wrong rude and has no benifit

I’m double jabbed, won’t stop wearing a mask until the infection rate is none existent. God knows when that will be. Happy thoughts.

Manchester (she/her)

"I’m double jabbed, won’t stop wearing a mask until the infection rate is none existent. God knows when that will be. Happy thoughts."

Same

borehamwood

I would help to pick them up from the floor I promise "

well if he is standing right up behind someone they would have every right to tell him to fuck off out of there space some of us aint intimadated of others

By *iker boy 69Man  over a year ago

midlands

You can tell people to back off in shops, and respect your personal space. Yea, transport is different.

By *dysseusukMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

I would help to pick them up from the floor I promise well if he is standing right up behind someone they would have every right to tell him to fuck off out of there space some of us aint intimadated of others"

Did you look at her husband! I'd be saying, get closer, as close as you like, can i get you something?!

By *mmixtapeCouple  over a year ago

middle earth

No but when someone comes up behind me I say that they are obviously in a rush and forgot about the pandemic, so I'll let you go first to ensure my own safety.

"I've had this problem many times. Randomly and without warning, flailing your arms in all directions works well. My arms certainly aren't 2 metres long so when I hit you, back the fuck up.

"

You don't want to do that. Get arrested for assault. Lol

By *ellhungvweMan  over a year ago

Cheltenham

"I’m double jabbed, won’t stop wearing a mask until the infection rate is none existent. God knows when that will be. Happy thoughts."

As it is pretty much impossible to completely eradicate a virus then I guess the answer is never.

By *igNick1381Man  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

The narcissism you display is astounding

Imagine in today's world people not kowtowing to you. Shocking

"On Friday I was in a queue at the shop and an old lady stood so close to me I could hear her breathing!!! I took a small step backwards and when I bumped her before she could say anything I very loudly said "oh I'm sorry I didn't expect anyone to be so close to me" she backed up to the 2 metre sticker quite quickly - and yes I would say that even pre-covid as there is no need for people to be that close to me unless we're having sex!"

so you assaulted an old lady then?

amazing that some would resort to violence to a few words is just mind bending and as for complaining about people getting too close while out and about yet no problem meeting for sex is cuckoo

By *ent doggerMan  over a year ago

kent

I find coughing really violently helps keep people away

Some of you are very nicely conditioned for a new future order it seems

"On Friday I was in a queue at the shop and an old lady stood so close to me I could hear her breathing!!! I took a small step backwards and when I bumped her before she could say anything I very loudly said "oh I'm sorry I didn't expect anyone to be so close to me" she backed up to the 2 metre sticker quite quickly - and yes I would say that even pre-covid as there is no need for people to be that close to me unless we're having sex!

so you assaulted an old lady then? "

My thoughts exactly, she might have been a bit senile too and forgetting the social distancing

» Add a new message to this topic