FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > No covid checks on green and amber countries.

No covid checks on green and amber countries.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ackformore100 OP   Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Gosh we really are in a race to catch as much of this as we can.... World class border controls that's what we've got.

Border officials are no longer required to make basic Covid checks on arrivals in England from green and amber list countries, according to leaked instructions that prompted claims the government is turning a blind eye to the risk of importing Covid cases.

A change that came into effect on Monday means Border Force officers no longer have to verify whether new arrivals have received a negative Covid test, have booked a test within coming days or have a passenger locator form showing an address where they will isolate if necessary

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/20/border-officials-told-not-to-make-covid-checks-on-green-and-amber-list-arrivals

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

"Gosh we really are in a race to catch as much of this as we can.... World class border controls that's what we've got.

Border officials are no longer required to make basic Covid checks on arrivals in England from green and amber list countries, according to leaked instructions that prompted claims the government is turning a blind eye to the risk of importing Covid cases.

A change that came into effect on Monday means Border Force officers no longer have to verify whether new arrivals have received a negative Covid test, have booked a test within coming days or have a passenger locator form showing an address where they will isolate if necessary

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/20/border-officials-told-not-to-make-covid-checks-on-green-and-amber-list-arrivals

"

That's a very strange article, it makes alot of claims but doesn't actually provide any solid information. There have been instructions sent, allegedly, by whom though?

By *ackandtheunicornCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

Good. Covid is here to stay. All of this is pointless.

Accept everyone is going to get it and be done with it.

Dudley

"Good. Covid is here to stay. All of this is pointless.

Accept everyone is going to get it and be done with it. "

By *sBlueWoman  over a year ago

Up North

They are leaving it to the airline staff due to being too busy I guess

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Gosh we really are in a race to catch as much of this as we can.... World class border controls that's what we've got.

"

So strange, I got throughly checked when I went abroad weeks ago, and rightfully so. Having said that if they don’t have more people , they will clog airports as it takes like 4-5 mins to check each single passenger. And I bet now that they will have loads going and coming back for the summer holidays, they just won’t be able to keep up

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Has anyone noticed that since Hancock has gone bojo seems to be doing what the fuck he likes, almost like there's no one to keep him in check now?

Or is it my imagination?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Has anyone noticed that since Hancock has gone bojo seems to be doing what the fuck he likes, almost like there's no one to keep him in check now?

Or is it my imagination?"

It was said Hancock was cautious about several things, it does seem like a change has and is taking place with his successor..

Not sure it's the right thing given the numbers were seeing ..

couple, us we him her.

"Has anyone noticed that since Hancock has gone bojo seems to be doing what the fuck he likes, almost like there's no one to keep him in check now?

Or is it my imagination?

It was said Hancock was cautious about several things, it does seem like a change has and is taking place with his successor..

Not sure it's the right thing given the numbers were seeing .."

Perhaps his successor is more of a yes man, I've been quite supportive of the government during lockdown as I have said that it's been an unprecedented event that was going to be challenging for any government and leadership.

However he does seem to be going down the Trump route and throwing caution to the wind despite the advice by experts.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Apparently he is under pressure from that chairman of the 1922 committee, who is against any sort of restrictions.

Mentioned this yesterday but a certain good selling newspapers has consistently pushed an anti lockdown messege.

It's not just a few mentalists matching in london every weekend.

Tin town

Or is it my imagination?

Apparently he is under pressure from that chairman of the 1922 committee, who is against any sort of restrictions.

Mentioned this yesterday but a certain good selling newspapers has consistently pushed an anti lockdown messege.

It's not just a few mentalists matching in london every weekend."

It's seriously degenerated and like we are being governed by a bunch of primary school kids. Let's have a traffic light system so that we can control our borders for covid. Oh let's open up so we can all travel for summer holidays because then everyone will be happy. Oh fuck... If we check everyone they'll have to queue and wait and that will make them unhappy... What can we do? Oh I know... Let's just wave everyone straight through at the borders... The infections are to shit anyway so a few more thousand cases will make fuck all difference.

liverpool

Or is it my imagination?

It's not just a few mentalists matching in london every weekend.

It's seriously degenerated and like we are being governed by a bunch of primary school kids. Let's have a traffic light system so that we can control our borders for covid. Oh let's open up so we can all travel for summer holidays because then everyone will be happy. Oh fuck... If we check everyone they'll have to queue and wait and that will make them unhappy... What can we do? Oh I know... Let's just wave everyone straight through at the borders... The infections are to shit anyway so a few more thousand cases will make fuck all difference.

"

They have always been there..right from day 1 there was a strong opposition to lockdown because of the damage to the economy.

I was no fan of Hancock but my guess is, he sided with the likes of whitty,with him gone you will have sunak and the rest of them pushing for everything being lifted.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Easy solution to this, check they have all the relevant paperwork for return before departing the UK, including tests booked on return. That way all that needs to be checked in return is passport and departure covid test from country of arrival.

Seems simple to me.

Nope that's exactly what's happening. It's why Boris stitched him up.

Dudley

Everyone is assuming the government have actually done it, there's nothing in the article that even indicates who these 'instructions' came from. It's a very weird article.

"Everyone is assuming the government have actually done it, there's nothing in the article that even indicates who these 'instructions' came from. It's a very weird article. "

Don't be silly Keeley. Whatever is printed must be true. It's how it works

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"Easy solution to this, check they have all the relevant paperwork for return before departing the UK, including tests booked on return. That way all that needs to be checked in return is passport and departure covid test from country of arrival.

Seems simple to me. "

But wouldn't this create long queues on the way out ?

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"Everyone is assuming the government have actually done it, there's nothing in the article that even indicates who these 'instructions' came from. It's a very weird article. "
Not everyone just the usual anti tory crew.

Tin town

There's more about it here on BBC...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57909022

Seems to have come from "border force" ... Which is possibly a bit of a misnomer.. Border observers would seem more apt.

Actually taking my cynical specs off for a minute.

If... And it's a big if... But if this means airlines and border staff not duplicating efforts then I'm all for it... If its just to avoid queues... It kind of goes with this govts other attempts at keeping it's subjects safe and healthy from covid.

Dudley

"Everyone is assuming the government have actually done it, there's nothing in the article that even indicates who these 'instructions' came from. It's a very weird article.

Don't be silly Keeley. Whatever is printed must be true. It's how it works "

Even when it's not actually printed apparently.

liverpool

Ooh look ..the someone has said something vaguely critical about the gmnt batphone has gone.

Quick lads.

All hands on deck.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"Easy solution to this, check they have all the relevant paperwork for return before departing the UK, including tests booked on return. That way all that needs to be checked in return is passport and departure covid test from country of arrival.

Seems simple to me.

But wouldn't this create long queues on the way out ?"

I assume you already have to go through checks as you leave, what’s a couple of others. Or as like when you are flying to the US you have to provide the passenger information electronically minimum 48 hours beforehand, why can’t that be done and collected as part of your flight information, if you haven’t provided it you can’t fly out. Then again all that’s needs checking is your covid test on departure

Personally I’d rather spend the extra time leaving than coming home.

Dudley

"Ooh look ..the someone has said something vaguely critical about the gmnt batphone has gone.

Quick lads.

All hands on deck."

Or, something negative, LETS BLAME BORIS.

liverpool

"Everyone is assuming the government have actually done it, there's nothing in the article that even indicates who these 'instructions' came from. It's a very weird article.

Seems to have come from "border force" ... Which is possibly a bit of a misnomer.. Border observers would seem more apt.

If... And it's a big if... But if this means airlines and border staff not duplicating efforts then I'm all for it... If its just to avoid queues... It kind of goes with this govts other attempts at keeping it's subjects safe and healthy from covid. "

You are now an honorary member of the anti tory group.

Thats what you get from linking an article from the guardian

liverpool

"Ooh look ..the someone has said something vaguely critical about the gmnt batphone has gone.

Quick lads.

All hands on deck.

"

Tremendous

You realise I didnt start the thread

?

Quick lads.

All hands on deck."

Have you seen the supposed reasoning behind the supposed implementation of this?

Dudley

Quick lads.

All hands on deck.

Tremendous

?"

Yes but it's always you that starts having a dig at people about politics.

liverpool

Quick lads.

All hands on deck.

Tremendous

?

Yes but it's always you that starts having a dig at people about politics. "

Actually it was _ools and the brain you 1st mentioned Alex

But you knew that didnt you?

Dudley

Quick lads.

All hands on deck.

Tremendous

?

But you knew that didnt you?"

They didn't have a dig at anyone on the forums though, you did.

But you knew that, didn't you?

liverpool

The border force are gmnt employees by the way ,civil servants, so I doubt the order has gone from the monster raving loony party.

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

Quick lads.

All hands on deck."

Indeed. Tribalism again isn't it ? My friend is like this. Massive apologist for the government, and when I provide contrary evidence, apparently it's all fake news. Criticism is not allowed.

I said to him "I bet if Boris shovelled live babies in to a blast furnace, you'd still back him, wouldn't you?" and he replied "So long as they're not my babies, IDGAF."

So I said "Suppose they were?" and he replied "I'm sure they would have a good reason for it. Stop knocking them".

I said it is ok to to criticise your government. It's how you get them to improve things, change direction, etc.

"You cannot be a true supporter if you criticise them. That would make me the enemy, like you."

I give up...

liverpool

Quick lads.

All hands on deck.

Tremendous

?

"

Yes you have got me there.

I made a comment after the ooh look its the anti tory mob comment.

However I wasnt aware I needed your permission to post something ,so if you could give me some warning next time,that would be sound

If I remember correctly JVT suggested that when a country has a high level of infection then border control was of limited benefit. That was the reason he gave when we didn’t introduce controls at the start of the pandemic and lets be honest we certainly have high levels of infection at the moment.

liverpool

Quick lads.

All hands on deck.

Indeed. Tribalism again isn't it ? My friend is like this. Massive apologist for the government, and when I provide contrary evidence, apparently it's all fake news. Criticism is not allowed.

I said to him "I bet if Boris shovelled live babies in to a blast furnace, you'd still back him, wouldn't you?" and he replied "So long as they're not my babies, IDGAF."

So I said "Suppose they were?" and he replied "I'm sure they would have a good reason for it. Stop knocking them".

I said it is ok to to criticise your government. It's how you get them to improve things, change direction, etc.

"You cannot be a true supporter if you criticise them. That would make me the enemy, like you."

I give up..."

I'll refer you to the Cummings thread

It will blow your mind

Dudley

Quick lads.

All hands on deck.

Tremendous

?

However I wasnt aware I needed your permission to post something ,so if you could give me some warning next time,that would be sound

"

Yeah I will, bed time for you now!

Tin town

If... And it's a big if... But if this means airlines and border staff not duplicating efforts then I'm all for it... If its just to avoid queues... It kind of goes with this govts other attempts at keeping it's subjects safe and healthy from covid.

You are now an honorary member of the anti tory group.

Thats what you get from linking an article from the guardian

"

I'm sure if I isolate for 10 days it will wash off...

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

So strange, I got throughly checked when I went abroad weeks ago, and rightfully so. Having said that if they don’t have more people , they will clog airports as it takes like 4-5 mins to check each single passenger. And I bet now that they will have loads going and coming back for the summer holidays, they just won’t be able to keep up "

Yes, we were thoroughly checked in both directions between Manchester and Mallorca recently. Airline staff checked our outward paperwork (incl. scanning the QR codes) at check in and gave us a chitty. Mallorca had medical professionals on the inbound border checking documents too.

On the return, airline staff in Mallorca did exactly the same checks and we had to produce passenger locator forms (including for a 4yo) and test results for the homeward direction. The day 2 test info is entered onto the passenger locator form so is part of that.

By *iss SinWoman  over a year ago

portchester

This is so bad and I’m shocked

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Quick lads.

All hands on deck.

Tremendous

?

Yes but it's always you that starts having a dig at people about politics. "

In this case the reason is almost certainly political.. then legal.. then economic

If the government leaves it political vague in the “grey area” it suits them fine as because you haven’t legally told them they can’t do anything then it means it doesn’t have to then prop up industry affected…

Case in point… amber is vague enough that you are advising people they can’t travel without telling people not to travel

The moment you legally advise people not to travel.. then all sort of compensation things kick in.. for passengers… and then said industry comes to government asking for help or they go bust

Remember when the government advised businesses to close without making it explicitly illegal to open at the beginning of all this ….Well… that!

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Quick lads.

All hands on deck.

Tremendous

?

Yeah I will, bed time for you now! "

You are both spoiling a thread , drop it and ignore each other from now on or you both will end up banned

Forum Mod

O o O oo

The minister on GMB denies this.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"

Sadly I have to agree with this assessment. Few if any countries in the world have been able to fully end their own epidemic so we have no hope of bringing an end to the global pandemic and we will all catch it at some point, many will catch it more than once. With most in the UK who wish to be jabbed now having been jabbed all we can hope to do is manage peaks in hospitalisation in coming weeks, months and years.

couple, us we him her.

Sadly I have to agree with this assessment. Few if any countries in the world have been able to fully end their own epidemic so we have no hope of bringing an end to the global pandemic and we will all catch it at some point, many will catch it more than once. With most in the UK who wish to be jabbed now having been jabbed all we can hope to do is manage peaks in hospitalisation in coming weeks, months and years."

I fucking hope and pray that I don't get it again 9 months on from having it first time I'm still recovering.

I don't think there will be any coming back from dose number 2 if I get it regardless of vaccination.

Tin town

Sadly I have to agree with this assessment. Few if any countries in the world have been able to fully end their own epidemic so we have no hope of bringing an end to the global pandemic and we will all catch it at some point, many will catch it more than once. With most in the UK who wish to be jabbed now having been jabbed all we can hope to do is manage peaks in hospitalisation in coming weeks, months and years."

But is everyone going to get it.? Does everyone need to get it? I mean the common cold... Not everyone gets that every year? So why do we have to accept that everybody is going to catch covid?

By *ewcouplemidsCouple  over a year ago

walsall

Just got back from abroad locater form checked before leaving UK

Test taken 2 days before flight home locater form checked before boarding flight

Pcr test done on day 2 once returned home all negative

There's no need to check form once in UK as once airport u depart from puts it on their system its automatically transfered to passport controls screen in uk

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Sadly I have to agree with this assessment. Few if any countries in the world have been able to fully end their own epidemic so we have no hope of bringing an end to the global pandemic and we will all catch it at some point, many will catch it more than once. With most in the UK who wish to be jabbed now having been jabbed all we can hope to do is manage peaks in hospitalisation in coming weeks, months and years.

But is everyone going to get it.? Does everyone need to get it? I mean the common cold... Not everyone gets that every year? So why do we have to accept that everybody is going to catch covid? "

Like colds and flu not everyone gets them every year but others will get them back to back. I’ve experienced both long periods of good health and times when I have had cold after cold barely weeks apart. Pretty much everyone catches colds and flu at some point. Covid is a respiratory virus that spreads easily even when we have tried to lockdown the population... we don’t have to accept everyone catching it but the alternative is we would need to accept stringent isolation restrictions to be in place indefinitely. We don’t lockdown for flu and once most have been through Covid or vaccination mortality will likely sit at or around flu levels. 92% of UK population are now showing antibodies whilst that doesn’t mean 92% are now entirely immune the virus will soon find itself running out of naive hosts . This wave should peak relatively soon. I hope

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's a race to the bottom for England. Not content with being 3rd worst in the world for new infections, we'd like all variants ASAP too please.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"Just got back from abroad locater form checked before leaving UK

Test taken 2 days before flight home locater form checked before boarding flight

There's no need to check form once in UK as once airport u depart from puts it on their system its automatically transfered to passport controls screen in uk"

I take it that no checks were done to confirm, once you got to the border? It was dependent on the airline staff abroad, typically agency staff, who'd not click things in error, for a faster end to the queue that day.

By *ewcouplemidsCouple  over a year ago

walsall

"Just got back from abroad locater form checked before leaving UK

There's no need to check form once in UK as once airport u depart from puts it on their system its automatically transfered to passport controls screen in uk

I take it that no checks were done to confirm, once you got to the border? It was dependent on the airline staff abroad, typically agency staff, who'd not click things in error, for a faster end to the queue that day. "

All locater details pop onto passport control screens when re-entering uk

» Add a new message to this topic