FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Why do some get angry about vaccines?

Why do some get angry about vaccines?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

It makes sense to me. Vaccines are literally there to save our lives and protect us from serious symptoms. There's no issue of left v right. No issue of Labour v Tory. It's all about saving lives.

And the case for vaccines has been made incredibly strongly ever since Jenner. Vaccines must have saved millions of lives by this point in human history.

You can point this all out as politely as possible, linking to facts and info on trusted sources such as the NHS. And yet some will lash out furiously when talking about vaccines.

Why? Who doesn't want to save lives?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

I can understand people being a bit wary but it's the anti makers which get me.

Is it that much of an inconvenience to wear a mask for a few minutes when you pop to sainsbury's?

"I can understand people being a bit wary but it's the anti makers which get me.

Is it that much of an inconvenience to wear a mask for a few minutes when you pop to sainsbury's?"

Maybe there should be a drive on here to promote sexy masks for swingers. That might sway the antimaskers.

By *wholeLotOfRosieWoman  over a year ago

Pontypridd

[Removed by poster at 20/07/21 23:36:05]

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

"You can point this all out as politely as possible, linking to facts and info on trusted sources such as the NHS. And yet some will lash out furiously when talking about vaccines.

"

You cannot rationalise with someone who had arrived at their own conclusions via irrationality.

It's actually a term called "Rational Irrationality."

It's essentially the same as cult-brainwashing and they suffer the same effects. It's a long winding road to "de-program" them.

Remarkably, it's very easy to get someone in to that mindset using 3 leveraging tools.

Fear

Uncertainty

Doubt

(FUD for short).

All 3 play to people's primal weaknesses and are superb motivators (for good or bad).

By *ig1gaz1Man  over a year ago

bradford

"It makes sense to me. Vaccines are literally there to save our lives and protect us from serious symptoms. There's no issue of left v right. No issue of Labour v Tory. It's all about saving lives.

"

Serious question

Would you take the vaccine if you knowingly could die from it ?

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

[Removed by poster at 20/07/21 23:33:17]

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

"Serious question

Would you take the vaccine if you knowingly could die from it ?"

Of course.

And I have.

And I didn't die from it.

The chance of me having a serious to fatal outcome from Covid was much much higher than the chance of dying from the vaccine, so it was a no-brainer.

Manchester (she/her)

"Serious question

Of course.

And I have.

The chance of me having a serious to fatal outcome from Covid was much much higher than the chance of dying from the vaccine, so it was a no-brainer.

"

Agreed. All things have risk, pick your risk.

Pontypridd

"

Serious question

Covid carries a higher risk of death and a much higher risk of long term health problems (long covid, kidney failure, lung failure etc.).

So...my serious question...would you refuse the vaccine knowing that your decision could have serious consequences if you infected someone vulnerable?

bradford

"

Serious question

Covid carries a higher risk of death and a much higher risk of long term health problems (long covid, kidney failure, lung failure etc.).

So...my serious question...would you refuse the vaccine knowing that your decision could have serious consequences if you infected someone vulnerable?"

yes but I would social exclude myself from others so wont be catching it or spreading it either.

Unlike the vacinated that would spread it far faster with the attitude ive had my injection I will do as I please now.

So remove mask lets go party attitude and same with bus and train travel.

Oh and so its clear ive worked through covid not being at home.

By *heRazorsEdgeMan  over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

"It makes sense to me. Vaccines are literally there to save our lives and protect us from serious symptoms. There's no issue of left v right. No issue of Labour v Tory. It's all about saving lives.

Serious question

I would and did… I knew there was an extremely small chance I could die from the vaccine. I also knew there was more chance of me dying in an RTA on the way to get the vaccine… and I also knew that there was a higher chance of dying from Covid..

EVERYTHING in life has a measure of risk

Wales/ All over UK

"

Serious question

So...my serious question...would you refuse the vaccine knowing that your decision could have serious consequences if you infected someone vulnerable?

yes but I would social exclude myself from others so wont be catching it or spreading it either.

Unlike the vacinated that would spread it far faster with the attitude ive had my injection I will do as I please now.

Oh and so its clear ive worked through covid not being at home."

You can’t socially exclude yourself from others and still work away from your home… so you’re posing an infection risk

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

"I can understand people being a bit wary but it's the anti makers which get me.

Is it that much of an inconvenience to wear a mask for a few minutes when you pop to sainsbury's?"

I agree with you!

Does anyone have a fainting couch and smelling salts?

Dudley

Serious question

Yes, I'm under the age of 40 and I had the AZ vaccine, even with the higher risk of a blood clot, I still knew it was better than getting or passing on covid.

Some interesting replies above.

I think Rosie made a great point that doubts were sown by the false claim mmr caused autism. I'd add to that. I think the Thalidomide screw up sowed doubts about adequate testing of medicine. (Even though Thalidomide wasn't a vaccine. And even though the problem with Thalidomide was to do with an aspect of chemistry that wasn't truly understood at the time.)

She made another great point that we have a generation now who are blase because they don't appreciate how truly awful the likes of measles etc can be without the vaccines they were given. So they, at least partly, discoutn how incredibly improtatn vaccines are to us all.

I was also interested by double's FUD. It's a good, and depressing, explanation for how antivaxxers arrive at their false conclusions. and it would explain why the can react so angrily when reality challenges their misiniformed beliefs.

(Sorry for the typos. Old phone with iffy keys.)

Manchester (she/her)

Serious question

Yes, I'm under the age of 40 and I had the AZ vaccine, even with the higher risk of a blood clot, I still knew it was better than getting or passing on covid. "

I'm on a clinical trial. I went in knowing that my odds were better than one in 75 of moderate to severe symptoms, but nothing about uncommon or rare symptoms. It's in this trial that they find that out.

Better and less risky than being unvaccinated.

Dudley

Serious question

Yes, I'm under the age of 40 and I had the AZ vaccine, even with the higher risk of a blood clot, I still knew it was better than getting or passing on covid.

I'm on a clinical trial. I went in knowing that my odds were better than one in 75 of moderate to severe symptoms, but nothing about uncommon or rare symptoms. It's in this trial that they find that out.

Better and less risky than being unvaccinated."

Exactly, and paired with the reduction in transmission, it really is a no brainer.

Manchester (she/her)

Serious question

Exactly, and paired with the reduction in transmission, it really is a no brainer. "

Yes.

Doesn't mean I take a devil may care attitude to transmission, though. Masked, largely isolating, test before and after higher risk situations.

By *usietranslutTV/TS  over a year ago

carlow

"This is such an interesting question. I have looked at a few sources and I think there are two categories - those with doubts about the risk, and those that doubt the science and evidence. It's not a new problem - when the smallpox vaccine was being rolled out there were posters about anti-vaxxers being blind. I can't post that here but I can send it on PM if you want to see it.

I suspect a big element is the history with the false medical paper claiming that MMR vaccine causes autism. A paper that hasnt just been proved wrong, but the author admitted it was bad data and withdrew it. BUT...the seed stuck in people's heads.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27486715/

https://www.kob.com/albuquerque-news/new-study-gives-insight-into-why-people-refuse-the-vaccine/5974627/

https://www.livescience.com/55913-reasons-parents-refuse-vaccinations-are-changing.html

My personal feeling is that people today have no idea what it's like to live in a world without vaccines. Previous generations did. Today people feel bullet proof - they forget that the reason they didnt get measles, mumps, smallpox, diptheria, etc., is that they or their parents were vaccinated."

Dudley

Serious question

Exactly, and paired with the reduction in transmission, it really is a no brainer.

Yes.

Doesn't mean I take a devil may care attitude to transmission, though. Masked, largely isolating, test before and after higher risk situations. "

I don't often go anywhere but I'll be wearing a mask in shops and on public transport. I'm going back to my favourite club on Friday and I'll test on the Friday morning before I go to be as safe as I can be.

Manchester (she/her)

Serious question

Yes.

Doesn't mean I take a devil may care attitude to transmission, though. Masked, largely isolating, test before and after higher risk situations.

I don't often go anywhere but I'll be wearing a mask in shops and on public transport. I'm going back to my favourite club on Friday and I'll test on the Friday morning before I go to be as safe as I can be. "

Absolutely. Personal responsibility

Dudley

I do think some people get angry because they don't understand, if they're not scientifically minded, or struggle to take in data etc, this could all be very overwhelming, especially with all the different information being spread around on social media.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Serious question

Bit like how I know that when I get in the car I could die from it? [Have had several very close calls during my life, I still drive].

Or how I know that getting on an airplane could kill me? [So far I've avoided any near miss air experiences, but have known people not so lucky].

Or how I could get a fishbone stuck in my throat when dining out? [I was very lucky with that one to manage to clear it].

Or when having general anaesthesia for a minor op, there is always a chance that you might not wake up again? Or when climbing on board the coach to go home after a concert, the bus might end up overturned off the side of the road with a couple of deaths and lots of people in hospital? [I really lucked out on that one, it was the bus that I had travelled to the concert on, but coming out afterwards someone else had grabbed my seat and I got bumped to the following coach].

Bottom line is that damn near anything could kill me in the next ten minutes. All I can do is weigh up the odds realistically and make my decision. In the case of the covid vaccine it was that in this country the figures show 5 million cases with 130 thousand deaths, which comes out (give or take) about 2% chance I'll snuff it if I catch covid. Meanwhile, although there was a very high chance of the vaccine giving me a sore arm or even a couple of days in bed, it was at least a million to one that it would kill me. So probably safer than me eating fish in a restaurant, and definitely much safer than buying a bus ticket...

PS I don't and won't name and shame. But somebody messaged me privately about vaccines saying "your a fuck tard".

Proof, if needed, that some people do get really angry when being told they should get vaccines and the reasons for getting them.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I like vaccines and believe in them i’ve had them for work and holidays.

What i’m not happy about is how new this particular virus is, they're still doing the research to find out about it, it has a high mutation rate and whats being said by the government isn’t being reflected in reality.

Manchester (she/her)

"I like vaccines and believe in them i’ve had them for work and holidays.

What i’m not happy about is how new this particular virus is, they're still doing the research to find out about it, it has a high mutation rate and whats being said by the government isn’t being reflected in reality. "

I find ignoring the government good fit my sanity. (I rely on science communicators and academics)

Where is your source that says that this is the case ? also have you had and recovered from Covid in the past ?

Thanks

"Where is your source that says that this is the case ? also have you had and recovered from Covid in the past ?

Thanks "

Who are you asking that?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Most of us probably have had very little contact with others who have very forthright views against vaccines, before this virus. And that's despite the Daily Mail running Autism scare stories for many years, that must have convinced a sizeable number of the lies.

I'm not in the distributiom of antivax messages but there's a very substantial industry that's responsible for millions of messages out there. 11 people have been spotlighted as responsible for tens of millions of stories and messages being published that are untruthful on the covid vaccines. They have fanbases who sharw and distribute these incorrect assertions, whipping up people in to a frenzy sufficient to make them risk or lose their own lives, or their loved ones lives. People are constantly fed more lies, keeping them detached from reality.

The recipients post many of the 'truths' and scare stories here and elsewhere and they invariably have much the same content, as they all come from a small number of people who feed the system's networks of recipients.

It's a human desire for things to be simple. Many of the antivax key people drive out simple messages that frame things as black and white, during a complex crisis and health situation that most people have limited time to get to understand.

It's sad that so much power has been misused, against the wellbeing of so many and our society.

"I do think some people get angry because they don't understand, if they're not scientifically minded, or struggle to take in data etc, this could all be very overwhelming, especially with all the different information being spread around on social media. "

I don’t struggle with any of the data or facts and figures but I do struggle with the fact the my father died 3 days after receiving his second dose of AZ vax following a reaction to it!

Pontypridd

"

Serious question

Oh and so its clear ive worked through covid not being at home."

So you worked whilst infectious. And you don’t mind infecting vulnerable people now (remember that a lot of people with covid have no symptoms so no reason to isolate).

I see no reason to discuss this with you further.

By *tue555Man  over a year ago

Passed Beyond Reach

[Removed by poster at 21/07/21 00:38:13]

Pontypridd

"I like vaccines and believe in them i’ve had them for work and holidays.

What i’m not happy about is how new this particular virus is, they're still doing the research to find out about it, it has a high mutation rate and whats being said by the government isn’t being reflected in reality.

I find ignoring the government good fit my sanity. (I rely on science communicators and academics)"

"Most of us probably have had very little contact with others who have very forthright views against vaccines, before this virus. And that's despite the Daily Mail running Autism scare stories for many years, that must have convinced a sizeable number of the lies.

I'm not in the distributiom of antivax messages but there's a very substantial industry that's responsible for millions of messages out there. 11 people have been spotlighted as responsible for tens of millions of stories and messages being published that are untruthful on the covid vaccines. They have fanbases who sharw and distribute these incorrect assertions, whipping up people in to a frenzy sufficient to make them risk or lose their own lives, or their loved ones lives. People are constantly fed more lies, keeping them detached from reality.

The recipients post many of the 'truths' and scare stories here and elsewhere and they invariably have much the same content, as they all come from a small number of people who feed the system's networks of recipients.

It's a human desire for things to be simple. Many of the antivax key people drive out simple messages that frame things as black and white, during a complex crisis and health situation that most people have limited time to get to understand.

It's sad that so much power has been misused, against the wellbeing of so many and our society. "

I think you touch on a key factor there. Some, maybe many, prefer simple and easy lies to more complicated and harder truths.

"

Serious question

So you worked whilst infectious. And you don’t mind infecting vulnerable people now (remember that a lot of people with covid have no symptoms so no reason to isolate).

I see no reason to discuss this with you further. "

A-symptomatic spread of Covid 19 has been debunked in very large studies in many parts of the world now by many experts !

"I do think some people get angry because they don't understand, if they're not scientifically minded, or struggle to take in data etc, this could all be very overwhelming, especially with all the different information being spread around on social media.

I don’t struggle with any of the data or facts and figures but I do struggle with the fact the my father died 3 days after receiving his second dose of AZ vax following a reaction to it!

"

I'm very sorry for your loss. There are questions I'd want to ask about the vaccine and his reaction, but frankly I don't want to dig away at you given your personal loss.

Pontypridd

"

Serious question

A-symptomatic spread of Covid 19 has been debunked in very large studies in many parts of the world now by many experts ! "

Could you provide a link to the studies please as I’d like to take a look?

Wales/ All over UK

"

Serious question

A-symptomatic spread of Covid 19 has been debunked in very large studies in many parts of the world now by many experts !

Could you provide a link to the studies please as I’d like to take a look? "

I’d also be interested in reading these studies please

"Why do some get angry about vaccines?"

Some people are just angry and what it is they are angry about changes with the wind.

""Why do some get angry about vaccines?"

Some people are just angry and what it is they are angry about changes with the wind. "

True. But I still find it odd that people get v angry when presented with something that could literally save their lives and the lives of others.

Has it?

New England Journal of Medicine Editorial disagrees - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7200054/

"Has it?

New England Journal of Medicine Editorial disagrees - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7200054/"

Has what?

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"PS I don't and won't name and shame. But somebody messaged me privately about vaccines saying "your a fuck tard".

Proof, if needed, that some people do get really angry when being told they should get vaccines and the reasons for getting them."

Yes, I have received these sorts of messages. I recall that one of them said that they would like me to die. My apparent sin has been to attempt to warn of the dangers, and on a number of occasions to have correctly forecast the spread of the virus.

"PS I don't and won't name and shame. But somebody messaged me privately about vaccines saying "your a fuck tard".

Proof, if needed, that some people do get really angry when being told they should get vaccines and the reasons for getting them.

Yes, I have received these sorts of messages. I recall that one of them said that they would like me to die. My apparent sin has been to attempt to warn of the dangers, and on a number of occasions to have correctly forecast the spread of the virus."

You and your pesky facts + good intentions.

bradford

"

Serious question

I see no reason to discuss this with you further. "

Ive worked during covid whilst in a covid bubble.

I wasnt infected as I havent been near anyone else to get infected in the first place.

Other than the bubble work partner whos also bubbled up at the same time.

My work also involves me being in alot of fresh air though on a building site with other crews we kept distance away from them.

And the case for vaccines has been made incredibly strongly ever since Jenner. Vaccines must have saved millions of lives by this point in human history.

You can point this all out as politely as possible, linking to facts and info on trusted sources such as the NHS. And yet some will lash out furiously when talking about vaccines.

"

Lots of very good replies here on the side of the vaccine brigade. What is not really mentioned is the fact that some people can't have the vaccine for medical reasons. Another important point.

I am double jabbed and a strong believer like most people and have no time for the non believers etc but it's a difficult one for those with medical Issues.No easy answers for them at the moment. I wonder how many people fall under that umbrella.

By *razytimesinloveCouple  over a year ago

SW Scotland

"

Serious question

So...my serious question...would you refuse the vaccine knowing that your decision could have serious consequences if you infected someone vulnerable?"

Just to ask the other side of the question, why hasn’t this vulnerable person had their vaccine ?

Lots of very good replies here on the side of the vaccine brigade. What is not really mentioned is the fact that some people can't have the vaccine for medical reasons. Another important point.

I am double jabbed and a strong believer like most people and have no time for the non believers etc but it's a difficult one for those with medical Issues.No easy answers for them at the moment. I wonder how many people fall under that umbrella. "

True. It must be a difficult decision for those who aren't able, for some medical reason, to be safely vaccinated. I have no idea the number of such people.

But the vast majority of those against vaccines seem to be simply basing the decision on misinformation.

Serious question

You’re more likely to die from not taking it, if exposed to covid.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Also because the covid-19 vaccine is not the one shot fix it all that lots of people thought it would be, more data that comes out about needing booster shots so some are disheartened by the hype

By *rufinWoman  over a year ago

notts

"Serious question

Of course.

And I have.

"

It's a no brainer if you're old. If you're young (and the younger you are, the more the scales tip) then the danger of the vaccine equals, then outweighs, the danger of the virus to you personally. Then, it becomes about taking a small risk to your personal health to save other people. Which leaves us with the problem of vaccinating children, who can't make that informed decision themselves.

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

"This is such an interesting question. I have looked at a few sources and I think there are two categories - those with doubts about the risk, and those that doubt the science and evidence. It's not a new problem - when the smallpox vaccine was being rolled out there were posters about anti-vaxxers being blind. I can't post that here but I can send it on PM if you want to see it.

I suspect a big element is the history with the false medical paper claiming that MMR vaccine causes autism. A paper that hasnt just been proved wrong, but the author admitted it was bad data and withdrew it. BUT...the seed stuck in people's heads.

https://www.kob.com/albuquerque-news/new-study-gives-insight-into-why-people-refuse-the-vaccine/5974627/

https://www.livescience.com/55913-reasons-parents-refuse-vaccinations-are-changing.html

My personal feeling is that people today have no idea what it's like to live in a world without vaccines. Previous generations did. Today people feel bullet proof - they forget that the reason they didnt get measles, mumps, smallpox, diptheria, etc., is that they or their parents were vaccinated."

Well said.

What I don't understand is why those same people are happy to be vaccinated against "the foreign lurgy" for a holiday to the back end of the planet.

E

My personal feeling is that people today have no idea what it's like to live in a world without vaccines. Previous generations did. Today people feel bullet proof - they forget that the reason they didnt get measles, mumps, smallpox, diptheria, etc., is that they or their parents were vaccinated.

Well said.

What I don't understand is why those same people are happy to be vaccinated against "the foreign lurgy" for a holiday to the back end of the planet.

E"

Or take recreational drugs that have come from dodgy Dave the local chemist!

Humans fear what they don't understand and hate what they fear.

When you understand nothing, you fear everything.

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

Proof, if needed, that some people do get really angry when being told they should get vaccines and the reasons for getting them."

I'm afraid that happens a lot. I was going to answer your OP with a "because keyboard warriors tend to be angry" but there have been far better, more thought through responses on here. On this subject the warriors have gone into stealth mode and attack you personally...not sure why.

This I agree with Lionel it's a few mins or more if your doing a big shop your protecting others my son works in a super market since day one

Type 1 diabetic never missed a day off its people like this and others your helping

not just yourself oh btw. Covid apparently has gone on freedom Day to some

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

Think for some people being asked to put a piece of paper in front of your mouth somehow equates to control.

I never really get this 'control' thing.

Am I controlled, of course I am.

I follow rules my employer sets out. I follow speed limits and traffic signs.

I work hours someone else sets out.

If you are unemployed, retired, school age, all controlled.

But, do these controls help me, hinder me, advise me.

Tends which way you look at them or if you are constantly on the look out for these dastardly fat controllers.

Paul and I tend to get on with our lives and look for the good and exciting things that are around every corner.

By *reemindCoolMan  over a year ago

between Barnsley and Wakefield

What ever Happened to Smallpox?

Pontypridd

"

Serious question

Just to ask the other side of the question, why hasn’t this vulnerable person had their vaccine ? "

Because they can’t. Many of the vulnerable are also the ones who cannot have the vaccine.

It’s only a small percentage that cannot be jabbed but I think they get forgotten in discussions.

There is not enough data yet about the protection the vaccine gives vulnerable people. I have a double jabbed friend who is very vulnerable and double jabbed, in hospital with covid now. It’s thought that whilst jabbed vulnerable have a better chance than before, they aren’t as well protected as non vulnerable.

By *reemindCoolMan  over a year ago

between Barnsley and Wakefield

[Removed by poster at 21/07/21 08:07:02]

""Why do some get angry about vaccines?"

Some people are just angry and what it is they are angry about changes with the wind. "

I've noticed a lot of my more virulent anti mask friends are the same ones protesting about not being allowed to cover thier faces because of facial recognition cameras on town centers

Pontypridd

"What ever Happened to Smallpox?"

It’s forgotten. Because no one here has it. Neither did their parents or grandparents. Could be proof that we just get herd immunity!

Oh hang on, was it that vaccine thingy?

merseyside

"I do think some people get angry because they don't understand, if they're not scientifically minded, or struggle to take in data etc, this could all be very overwhelming, especially with all the different information being spread around on social media. "

Also, some folks just like being angry, they thrive on being victims.

For me, I believe there is more than enough easily accessible information out there to make a choice.

Its come to the point either pee or get off the pot.

Either get the jabs or don't.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"

Because too many people believe everything they read on social media and there are countries out there that like to cause confusion and mistrust to destabilise other countries.

Its a cyber war where they use a countries own citizens through social media to cause unrest.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Serious question

Would you get in a car or an aeroplane or buy a take away knowing you could die from it?

Serious question

Knowingly die from it ? A bit of a silly statement. And, it looks like it has escaped your common sense, but it is Covid that is the killer not the vaccine.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Works both ways the vaccinated seem to lash out at the unvaxed alot of the time! We all need to respect each others choice! X

By *nkforthekinkMan  over a year ago

london/fareham

Because too many people believe everything they read on social media and there are countries out there that like to cause confusion and mistrust to destabilise other countries.

Its a cyber war where they use a countries own citizens through social media to cause unrest. "

Same thing could be said about people who follow main stream media. Matt Hancock prime example

near ipswich

Its a cyber war where they use a countries own citizens through social media to cause unrest.

Same thing could be said about people who follow main stream media. Matt Hancock prime example "

No not really main stream media although politically bias one way or the other has to conform to rules social media can post outright lies without any consequence.

By *empsey and hotpieceMan  over a year ago

North west

"

Serious question

It maybe a serious question, but it’s a silly one.

Here’s some similar questions,

Would you drive down a motorway knowing a truck could plow into you and kill you?

Would you have gas central heating knowing a gas leak could blow your house into rubble and kill you?

Would you eat fish and chips knowing a fish bone could lodge in your windpipe and you could suffocate to death?

The governments own statistics about covid, do not tally up with what they are saying or doing, as individuals and what they are making the general public do.

If you require publicity stunts like the nightingale hospitals to convince people of a virus yet still allow people to enter the country there is something wrong.

The figures have change in how they count infections. Flu and the common cold has been wiped from the planet now!

With regard to the vaccine, I have no evidence to claim it has been developed too quickly, other than there are no clinical trials over a number of years, but I understand the need to develop something quickly. I cannot believe in a vaccine offered to me by my government, that has told so many lies about the virus. Maybe in 5 years, I may start to take it, as I believe it to be the new flu vac, which I did get yearly. With regard to the ‘no symptoms’ I take the home tests which the government says are 99.9% accurate and never had a positive reading yet

near ipswich

"The governments own statistics about covid, do not tally up with what they are saying or doing, as individuals and what they are making the general public do.

If you require publicity stunts like the nightingale hospitals to convince people of a virus yet still allow people to enter the country there is something wrong.

The figures have change in how they count infections. Flu and the common cold has been wiped from the planet now!

With regard to the vaccine, I have no evidence to claim it has been developed too quickly, other than there are no clinical trials over a number of years, but I understand the need to develop something quickly. I cannot believe in a vaccine offered to me by my government, that has told so many lies about the virus. Maybe in 5 years, I may start to take it, as I believe it to be the new flu vac, which I did get yearly. With regard to the ‘no symptoms’ I take the home tests which the government says are 99.9% accurate and never had a positive reading yet"

Flu and the common cold wiped from the planet are you for real?

Just look at government only information, no records of normal yearly flu and other annual respiratory deaths, only covid. What has happened to these deaths which have appeared on the data from the ONS but now are not.

Don’t give a throw away line, are you for real, check it out and come back with an answer. Take you an hour tops.

Serious question

no thats why i didnt have it its still on trial we guinny pigs its not ok to say oh 1 in 50 may get blood clot. Die or have stroke so until its at least 99 % safe Nooooooooo

Manchester (she/her)

"Just look at government only information, no records of normal yearly flu and other annual respiratory deaths, only covid. What has happened to these deaths which have appeared on the data from the ONS but now are not.

Don’t give a throw away line, are you for real, check it out and come back with an answer. Take you an hour tops."

It'll take me a minute tops

We invested huge resources to minimise the spread of a respiratory disease that was more contagious.

So if we suppress a more contagious disease that spreads the same way, we'll take out the less contagious diseases too

Hope this helps

near ipswich

"Just look at government only information, no records of normal yearly flu and other annual respiratory deaths, only covid. What has happened to these deaths which have appeared on the data from the ONS but now are not.

Don’t give a throw away line, are you for real, check it out and come back with an answer. Take you an hour tops."

Flu and the common cold have not been wiped from the planet.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

And people have still not made the connection that when the vast majority of the population stop the normal social interactions of everyday life and the limited ones we were doing we stayed apart and wore masks we drastically cut colds and flu which rely on normal interactive behaviour..

If only that is how a cure works, again go to the ONS and look at the figures for prior to Corona and now.

I am not saying there is no such thing as Corona, there obviously is, just explaining why, using government data, accessible to all, I am not getting the vaccine for a few years.

Manchester (she/her)

"If only that is how a cure works, again go to the ONS and look at the figures for prior to Corona and now.

I am not saying there is no such thing as Corona, there obviously is, just explaining why, using government data, accessible to all, I am not getting the vaccine for a few years.

"

So because a less transmissible disease was suppressed using measures for a more transmissible disease, you won't be getting vaccinated?

I mean ok suit yourself, but it's a bit like saying it's hot today, I'm sweating, so I won't buy that eyeshadow palette.

"And people have still not made the connection that when the vast majority of the population stop the normal social interactions of everyday life and the limited ones we were doing we stayed apart and wore masks we drastically cut colds and flu which rely on normal interactive behaviour.."

Look at the stats before masks were mandatory

ashford

Serious question

Would you take the vaccine if you knowingly could die from it ? no thats why i didnt have it its still on trial we guinny pigs its not ok to say oh 1 in 50 may get blood clot. Die or have stroke so until its at least 99 % safe Nooooooooo"

Tbh I never read up much about it b 4 I had it! Think I would have thought differently if I'd known about the blood clot thing as dvt runs in family my dad died from one! There are lots of valid reasons people wont have it! It's quite easy for us oldies! But think of the youngsters! One of my granddaughters who is 25 is not having it at this time because it's not known how it affects fertility for one! We all just need to respect each others decision with out the name calling and I mean both ways x

"If only that is how a cure works, again go to the ONS and look at the figures for prior to Corona and now.

So because a less transmissible disease was suppressed using measures for a more transmissible disease, you won't be getting vaccinated?

I mean ok suit yourself, but it's a bit like saying it's hot today, I'm sweating, so I won't buy that eyeshadow palette."

Sorry your analogy completely went over my head lol

Manchester (she/her)

I mean ok suit yourself, but it's a bit like saying it's hot today, I'm sweating, so I won't buy that eyeshadow palette.

Sorry your analogy completely went over my head lol"

I'm saying your logic doesn't make sense.

Respiratory illnesses reduced because we took measures to reduce respiratory illnesses.

Therefore you won't get vaccinated, because... it worked for diseases other than Covid.

Your choice is your own but I don't follow the logic at all.

near ipswich

"And people have still not made the connection that when the vast majority of the population stop the normal social interactions of everyday life and the limited ones we were doing we stayed apart and wore masks we drastically cut colds and flu which rely on normal interactive behaviour.."
Of course its drastically cut them but not "wiped them off the face of the planet"

Serious question

Would you take the vaccine if you knowingly could die from it ? no thats why i didnt have it its still on trial we guinny pigs its not ok to say oh 1 in 50 may get blood clot. Die or have stroke so until its at least 99 % safe Nooooooooo

Tbh I never read up much about it b 4 I had it! Think I would have thought differently if I'd known about the blood clot thing as dvt runs in family my dad died from one! There are lots of valid reasons people wont have it! It's quite easy for us oldies! But think of the youngsters! One of my granddaughters who is 25 is not having it at this time because it's not known how it affects fertility for one! We all just need to respect each others decision with out the name calling and I mean both ways x"

Quite right, for a group that is open minded and inclusive about sex we can be very narrow minded and quick to exclude others that have different views

Respiratory illnesses reduced because we took measures to reduce respiratory illnesses.

Therefore you won't get vaccinated, because... it worked for diseases other than Covid.

Your choice is your own but I don't follow the logic at all."

Yes, I was confused with the eye shadow lol. Yes I agree to some point in what you are saying, it will reduce infection and we will only really know in the future what the measures taken will have achieved or not. Mine is not a political red/blue view as such, they are all lying cheating scum one and all. There are questions they government need to answer and they will not or cannot.

To me if they are openly lying about anything and everything, when the come up with the great covid panacea I am hardly likely to believe them am I.

"And people have still not made the connection that when the vast majority of the population stop the normal social interactions of everyday life and the limited ones we were doing we stayed apart and wore masks we drastically cut colds and flu which rely on normal interactive behaviour..Of course its drastically cut them but not "wiped them off the face of the planet""

Ok then, wiped them of the face of the ONS database lol

in Lancashire

Serious question

Would you take the vaccine if you knowingly could die from it ? no thats why i didnt have it its still on trial we guinny pigs its not ok to say oh 1 in 50 may get blood clot. Die or have stroke so until its at least 99 % safe Nooooooooo

Tbh I never read up much about it b 4 I had it! Think I would have thought differently if I'd known about the blood clot thing as dvt runs in family my dad died from one! There are lots of valid reasons people wont have it! It's quite easy for us oldies! But think of the youngsters! One of my granddaughters who is 25 is not having it at this time because it's not known how it affects fertility for one! We all just need to respect each others decision with out the name calling and I mean both ways x"

Blood clots are not new, and yes whilst anything new may have a risk the balance is about the risk of not having the vaccine and catching covid or having the vaccine and it's associated risks and catching covid..

Btw, given you responded to a poster who is talking complete nonsense numbers wise perhaps look at the actual data rather than some on here who constantly spout such..

The actual figures put the risk of blood clotting in context..

in Lancashire

Yes, I was confused with the eye shadow lol. Yes I agree to some point in what you are saying, it will reduce infection and we will only really know in the future what the measures taken will have achieved or not. Mine is not a political red/blue view as such, they are all lying cheating scum one and all. There are questions they government need to answer and they will not or cannot.

To me if they are openly lying about anything and everything, when the come up with the great covid panacea I am hardly likely to believe them am I."

Science and family working at the coal face in this time and family and friends who've had the virus over trust in government..

By *LiamMan  over a year ago

Midlands

Probably because it's supposed to be personal choice but each day the government make it harder to live a normal life without being vaccinated. First holidays, now clubs. What next can't get gas and electricity unless you' ve been vaccinated

Serious question

. Would you cross the road knowing you could die from it ? Or maybe make a calculated decision and go with it. It’s called life and no government anywhere will offer you it eternally. Make your own mind up.

ashford

Serious question

Tbh I never read up much about it b 4 I had it! Think I would have thought differently if I'd known about the blood clot thing as dvt runs in family my dad died from one! There are lots of valid reasons people wont have it! It's quite easy for us oldies! But think of the youngsters! One of my granddaughters who is 25 is not having it at this time because it's not known how it affects fertility for one! We all just need to respect each others decision with out the name calling and I mean both ways x

Blood clots are not new, and yes whilst anything new may have a risk the balance is about the risk of not having the vaccine and catching covid or having the vaccine and it's associated risks and catching covid..

Btw, given you responded to a poster who is talking complete nonsense numbers wise perhaps look at the actual data rather than some on here who constantly spout such..

The actual figures put the risk of blood clotting in context.."

I was merely trying to point out we need to respect each others views and decision! Not interested in numbers tbh would go over my head! And of course blood clots not a new thing! I stopped taking the pill because of associated risks 26 years ago after my dad died of one ! Happy I did as I had 2 more lovely surprise bundles! X

Manchester (she/her)

To me if they are openly lying about anything and everything, when the come up with the great covid panacea I am hardly likely to believe them am I."

I'm not looking to the government.

The vaccinations have been developed and rolled out worldwide.

If you don't trust the government, look at the global response. I don't give a toss what the government say.

Boris (or Starmer, or Corbyn) has no say in America or Australia, where the statistics paint a similar story.

By *drianukMan  over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

It's because we have been lied to. We now wonder what other lies have been told.

We also note that 99.7% of people survive it. We see that not many...some admittedly...more people have died of coronavirus than normally die of flu. Yet we don't lock down every year for flu.

It is odd and just doesn't have the ring of truth

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"It's because we have been lied to. We now wonder what other lies have been told.

We also note that 99.7% of people survive it. We see that not many...some admittedly...more people have died of coronavirus than normally die of flu. Yet we don't lock down every year for flu.

It is odd and just doesn't have the ring of truth"

But the whole world does not get a flu epidemic every year at the same time

in Lancashire

Serious question

I was merely trying to point out we need to respect each others views and decision! Not interested in numbers tbh would go over my head! And of course blood clots not a new thing! I stopped taking the pill because of associated risks 26 years ago after my dad died of one ! Happy I did as I had 2 more lovely surprise bundles! X "

Absolutely respect each others decisions, not sure I can say the same about some posters who are intent on spreading disinformation and the most bizarre conspiracies as has been the case throughout if I'm honest..

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"It's because we have been lied to. We now wonder what other lies have been told.

It is odd and just doesn't have the ring of truth"

Things will probably have more of a ring of truth if you consider the actual facts.

Around 20,000-30,000 people a year in the UK die from flu.

That's very clearly a lot less than covid - and that's with lockdowns. Without lockdowns the covid death count would have been higher still.

Spain, Lancs

Serious question

I was merely trying to point out we need to respect each others views and decision! Not interested in numbers tbh would go over my head! And of course blood clots not a new thing! I stopped taking the pill because of associated risks 26 years ago after my dad died of one ! Happy I did as I had 2 more lovely surprise bundles! X

Absolutely respect each others decisions, not sure I can say the same about some posters who are intent on spreading disinformation and the most bizarre conspiracies as has been the case throughout if I'm honest..

"

Maybe you're not, as you claim, respecting people and other views. In the very same sentence you label their views as 'disinformation' and 'bizarre conspiracies'.

By *eptimiusMan  over a year ago

East

At the end of the day its up to the individual if they want it or not personally i dont. Also not everyone who doesnt wish to have this is not anti vax itd about being pro choice. How many of those thats had the injection know whats been injected in them, as in the actual ingredients?

Manchester (she/her)

"At the end of the day its up to the individual if they want it or not personally i dont. Also not everyone who doesnt wish to have this is not anti vax itd about being pro choice. How many of those thats had the injection know whats been injected in them, as in the actual ingredients? "

I don't even know what vaccine I've had, and I'm confident I made the right choice. Hope this helps

Spain, Lancs

We also observe that flu has almost disappeared ...and we wonder if death certificates are just mixing flu in with coronavirus which leads to exaggeration.

We note also that the ONS said earlier this year that coronavirus deaths had been overstated by 24%. They have since said the figure is over 30%.

We also see that a post-mortem is longer needed which it used to be and that doctors who sign death certificates are threatened with disciplinary action if they incorrectly miss a coronavirus cause on a death certificate...yet those who make a mistake in the opposite direction are not so threatened.

So many questions make sceptical people think

It was just about a vaccine now it is trying to be turned into a passport which we should never agree too. We have grown up in the UK with vaccines and yet people from countries come here without a health passport for the illnesses such as polio, measles, mumps, diphtheria etc and yet our country wants to introduce a health passport for its own citizens to sit in a beer garden, flippin joke.

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

"At the end of the day its up to the individual if they want it or not personally i dont. Also not everyone who doesnt wish to have this is not anti vax itd about being pro choice. How many of those thats had the injection know whats been injected in them, as in the actual ingredients? "

Yup here is a link that contains the list of ingredients

https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/medicines/human/EPAR/comirnaty

Manchester (she/her)

"It was just about a vaccine now it is trying to be turned into a passport which we should never agree too. We have grown up in the UK with vaccines and yet people from countries come here without a health passport for the illnesses such as polio, measles, mumps, diphtheria etc and yet our country wants to introduce a health passport for its own citizens to sit in a beer garden, flippin joke."

I'm foreign.

I was instructed to check my measles vaccine status due to outbreaks in the UK before I arrived.

I had an extra few vaccines - just in case.

You're welcome.

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

Just curious, do you actively seek out information about ingredients in vaccines when you have one?

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

How about your childhood vaccines? MMR, TB, Polio, etc?

Do you know what went into those?

"How about your childhood vaccines? MMR, TB, Polio, etc?

Do you know what went into those?"

They won’t know

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

" our country wants to introduce a health passport for its own citizens to sit in a beer garden, flippin joke. "

It is, but to fair, raising your frustration in this forum doesn’t get you anywhere.

If you are passionate about how you feel do something positive. There are opportunities to make a difference.

#NoVaccinePassports

" our country wants to introduce a health passport for its own citizens to sit in a beer garden, flippin joke.

It is, but to fair, raising your frustration in this forum doesn’t get you anywhere.

If you are passionate about how you feel do something positive. There are opportunities to make a difference.

Not getting frustrated just discussing or answering points raised in the group

#NoVaccinePassports "

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

" our country wants to introduce a health passport for its own citizens to sit in a beer garden, flippin joke.

Not getting frustrated just discussing or answering points raised in the group

#NoVaccinePassports "

"It was just about a vaccine now it is trying to be turned into a passport which we should never agree too. We have grown up in the UK with vaccines and yet people from countries come here without a health passport for the illnesses such as polio, measles, mumps, diphtheria etc and yet our country wants to introduce a health passport for its own citizens to sit in a beer garden, flippin joke.

I'm foreign.

I was instructed to check my measles vaccine status due to outbreaks in the UK before I arrived.

You're welcome."

Not everyone is as careful and considerate as you

ashford

"It was just about a vaccine now it is trying to be turned into a passport which we should never agree too. We have grown up in the UK with vaccines and yet people from countries come here without a health passport for the illnesses such as polio, measles, mumps, diphtheria etc and yet our country wants to introduce a health passport for its own citizens to sit in a beer garden, flippin joke."

Exactly!! X

ashford

Do you know what went into those?"

We were kids then parents made them decisions for us we are old enough to decide ourself now x

We were kids then parents made them decisions for us we are old enough to decide ourself now x"

No holiday jabs?

ashford

We were kids then parents made them decisions for us we are old enough to decide ourself now x

No holiday jabs? "

Nope never been anywhere to need them x

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

No holiday jabs?

Nope never been anywhere to need them x"

Unless you plan to stay in the uk you will soon need holiday jabs.

Manchester (she/her)

"It was just about a vaccine now it is trying to be turned into a passport which we should never agree too. We have grown up in the UK with vaccines and yet people from countries come here without a health passport for the illnesses such as polio, measles, mumps, diphtheria etc and yet our country wants to introduce a health passport for its own citizens to sit in a beer garden, flippin joke.

I'm foreign.

You're welcome.

Not everyone is as careful and considerate as you"

You're right - the Brits contributing to the measles outbreaks here are definitely far less considerate than my foreign self with my foreign government paid for immunity

in Lancashire

Serious question

Maybe you're not, as you claim, respecting people and other views. In the very same sentence you label their views as 'disinformation' and 'bizarre conspiracies'."

Am being polite, in the past 18 months there's been some outrageous tripe in fact some by as I said a small number has been from the very depths of the rabbit holes in lala land..

If your asking me to respect the views of someone who posts that it's ok to commit arson by setting alight communication masts as has been the case then I think I can live with what you think ..

Unless that sort of dangerous bs is something you align with?

ashford

No holiday jabs?

Unless you plan to stay in the uk you will soon need holiday jabs."

Yes I do got to 64 years without have no desire to go abroad! Would love to go see one of my daughters in florida not to see florida just where she is living b 4 I pop my clogs will have to rethink if I ever do obviously! Looking forward to isle of wight in less than 2 weeks though!! Yay!! X

in Lancashire

I'm with you on the passport thing but once we went down the route of mass vaccination as have the vast majority of countries some sort of means of identifying who is and who isn't was inevitable in a capitalist society..

What other options are there?

No holiday jabs?

Nope never been anywhere to need them x"

People go to countries all the time that require them to have vaccines and to get their holiday they do it. No questions asked. The fickle public.

I wonder how people would feel about being operated on by surgeons that haven’t had vaccines, or seen by a doctor for that matter. It’s all so selective

near ipswich

No holiday jabs?

People go to countries all the time that require them to have vaccines and to get their holiday they do it. No questions asked. The fickle public.

I wonder how people would feel about being operated on by surgeons that haven’t had vaccines, or seen by a doctor for that matter. It’s all so selective "

Totally agree with you there.

I'm foreign.

You're welcome.

Not everyone here takes up the offer of a vaccine, that is how we have the rising numbers of measles and mumps. We have perfectly good vaccines but because of scaremongering people decided not to do it - which brings us to this point.

I don’t think it’s appropriate for you to accuse those from outside the country bringing these illnesses to us. We are perfectly capable of sabotaging our own health.

ashford

No holiday jabs?

I wonder how people would feel about being operated on by surgeons that haven’t had vaccines, or seen by a doctor for that matter. It’s all so selective "

Would not know if they had? And tbh wouldn't want to or be concerned to know x

near ipswich

No holiday jabs?

I wonder how people would feel about being operated on by surgeons that haven’t had vaccines, or seen by a doctor for that matter. It’s all so selective

Would not know if they had? And tbh wouldn't want to or be concerned to know x"

Well you are lucky someone has taken that concern away from you by making sure.

No holiday jabs?

Would not know if they had? And tbh wouldn't want to or be concerned to know x"

They can’t operate without having them or see you in a surgery without them. They do that for everyone’s safety and patients health.

ashford

No holiday jabs?

They can’t operate without having them or see you in a surgery without them. They do that for everyone’s safety and patients health. "

All cool then! x

notts

I'm foreign.

You're welcome.

That's self-interest, not consideration. Not knocking it, but measles is awful for adults (mumps as well, can make a man sterile, amongst other things) so obviously you wouldn't want to catch it if you hadn't been vaccinated as a child.

ashford

No holiday jabs?

Would not know if they had? And tbh wouldn't want to or be concerned to know xWell you are lucky someone has taken that concern away from you by making sure."

No holiday jabs?

They can’t operate without having them or see you in a surgery without them. They do that for everyone’s safety and patients health.

All cool then! x"

Yes it is. My point remains. People are selective.

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Noooooooo don’t wear one never have

Manchester (she/her)

I'm foreign.

You're welcome.

That's self-interest, not consideration. Not knocking it, but measles is awful for adults (mumps as well, can make a man sterile, amongst other things) so obviously you wouldn't want to catch it if you hadn't been vaccinated as a child."

I was vaccinated as a child. Baby, fifteen for MMR. Due at 25, government gave it to me early because I was moving to an area with a problem with preventable disease (England).

I'm beyond the vaccine schedule for my age where I grew up.

Yes, it probably helps me. But it also helps British herd immunity. Which is flagging due to British problems with vaccine uptake.

Glass houses and stones. Best not, hey?

notts

I'm foreign.

You're welcome.

That's self-interest, not consideration. Not knocking it, but measles is awful for adults (mumps as well, can make a man sterile, amongst other things) so obviously you wouldn't want to catch it if you hadn't been vaccinated as a child.

I was vaccinated as a child. Baby, fifteen for MMR. Due at 25, government gave it to me early because I was moving to an area with a problem with preventable disease (England).

Yes, it probably helps me. But it also helps British herd immunity. Which is flagging due to British problems with vaccine uptake.

Glass houses and stones. Best not, hey?"

They gave you the mmr to stop you becoming seriously ill. It's not doing anyone else a favour at your age to have it, they are all vaccinated or exposed as children and acquired natiral immunity. You move to an area with measles but are unvaccinated so you are at risk. Makes sense to have the vaccine, good for you. But that is self-interest. Don't tart it up as community spirit - you'd have had it years ago if it was for that alone. Nothing wrong with taking care of yourself, nothing to be ashamed of there.

near ipswich

I'm foreign.

You're welcome.

Glass houses and stones. Best not, hey?"

What problem with British vaccine uptake? and the mmr vaccine is recomended to be given to babies at 12 months and the 2nd at between 3 and 5.

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

We were kids then parents made them decisions for us we are old enough to decide ourself now x"

This .

By *innerforthreeMan  over a year ago

London/herts

Serious question

You've got a far higher chance of dying "knowingly" getting in the car driving to the supermarket, so as others have said it's balancing that risk against the danger.

London/herts

I'm foreign.

You're welcome.

They gave you the mmr to stop you becoming seriously ill. It's not doing anyone else a favour at your age to have it, they are all vaccinated or exposed as children and acquired natiral immunity. You move to an area with measles but are unvaccinated so you are at risk. Makes sense to have the vaccine, good for you. But that is self-interest. Don't tart it up as community spirit - you'd have had it years ago if it was for that alone. Nothing wrong with taking care of yourself, nothing to be ashamed of there."

Actually it is community spirited, for vaccines to work effectively you need to have a large enough take up, generally 80 or 90 %. Am sure we've all heard of hurd immunity by now.

And that gives protection to the very few who genuinely can't be vaccinated. This is isn't rocket science it's the basics behind any immunisation programme.

notts

I'm foreign.

You're welcome.

They gave you the mmr to stop you becoming seriously ill. It's not doing anyone else a favour at your age to have it, they are all vaccinated or exposed as children and acquired natiral immunity. You move to an area with measles but are unvaccinated so you are at risk. Makes sense to have the vaccine, good for you. But that is self-interest. Don't tart it up as community spirit - you'd have had it years ago if it was for that alone. Nothing wrong with taking care of yourself, nothing to be ashamed of there.

Actually it is community spirited, for vaccines to work effectively you need to have a large enough take up, generally 80 or 90 %. Am sure we've all heard of hurd immunity by now.

And that gives protection to the very few who genuinely can't be vaccinated. This is isn't rocket science it's the basics behind any immunisation programme."

OK I'll give the benefit of the doubt...

Happy to be one of the unvaccinated people surrounded by vaccinated people previously, on hearing the new area has a high rate of the disease, a spirit of community-mindedness leads to the vax centre. That's very lovely and community spirited. Thank you.

[Removed by poster at 21/07/21 13:54:43]

"At the end of the day its up to the individual if they want it or not personally i dont. Also not everyone who doesnt wish to have this is not anti vax itd about being pro choice. "
This .

notts

I'm foreign.

You're welcome.

Glass houses and stones. Best not, hey?What problem with British vaccine uptake? and the mmr vaccine is recomended to be given to babies at 12 months and the 2nd at between 3 and 5."

Our uptake is too low now amongst children in certain areas. Measles is hugely contagious (far more than covid) and so you need a really high level of vaccine uptake -around 95% I think - to stop community spread. There's also a problem with mumps (and one mmr shot is often unsuccessful in providing mumps immunity - hence the two shot schedule)

London/herts

"At the end of the day its up to the individual if they want it or not personally i dont. Also not everyone who doesnt wish to have this is not anti vax itd about being pro choice. This ."

Am not sure pro choice is something to take into account here.

Your decisions impact on other people.

ashford

"At the end of the day its up to the individual if they want it or not personally i dont. Also not everyone who doesnt wish to have this is not anti vax itd about being pro choice. This .

Your decisions impact on other people."

Alot of what we do in life impacts on others x

"At the end of the day its up to the individual if they want it or not personally i dont. Also not everyone who doesnt wish to have this is not anti vax itd about being pro choice. This .

Exactly.

Not taking the vaccine isn't just something that affects yourself, at affects everyone around you too.

Yes you can still get covid when vaccinated, however your body is better equipped to deal with it and hence you are less likely to pass it on to others since the virus is weakened and doesn't stay in your body as long.

"

If the vax is meant to save lives... why have 60% of people that have died from covid been vaxxed. The vax isn’t there to save lives, it’s simply a money making scheme.

It doesn’t protect the spread. It doesn’t protect you against it. Don’t be fooled by the bollocks the mainstream media are feeding you

Unless they have begun cloning people, there is no way you can say that for sure. I know plenty of people double vaxxed that have suffered with covid ... more so than none vaxxed

Exactly.

Not taking the vaccine isn't just something that affects yourself, at affects everyone around you too.

Yes you can still get covid when vaccinated, however your body is better equipped to deal with it and hence you are less likely to pass it on to others since the virus is weakened and doesn't stay in your body as long."

If the vax is meant to save lives... why have 60% of people that have died from covid been vaxxed. The vax isn’t there to save lives, it’s simply a money making scheme.

It doesn’t protect the spread. It doesn’t protect you against it. Don’t be fooled by the bollocks the mainstream media are feeding you "

This figure was corrected. 60% who were vaccinated did not die.

London/herts

It doesn’t protect the spread. It doesn’t protect you against it. Don’t be fooled by the bollocks the mainstream media are feeding you "

Oh dear.

Just out of interest, because I can't help myself, but is it just this Covid vaccine (presumably all 6 of them including the Russian and Chinese ones as we know how much they like to work with western companies.....) or all vaccines ever that are money making schemes?

We have the same amount of new infections as late 2020/early 2021. Back then we had on avg 1000+ daily deaths. Now we have on avg 50 daily deaths.

The difference between then and now is that the majority of the population (save for major cities like London) have been vaccinated. It's pretty damn clear the vaccines are working.

London/herts

It doesn’t protect the spread. It doesn’t protect you against it. Don’t be fooled by the bollocks the mainstream media are feeding you

We have the same amount of new infections as late 2020/early 2021. Back then we had on avg 1000+ daily deaths. Now we have on avg 50 daily deaths.

The difference between then and now is that the majority of the population (save for major cities like London) have been vaccinated. It's pretty damn clear the vaccines are working."

Shhhh! No it's not it's the 5g nano bots that have been injected into us are distorting the data and Bill Gates is doing something with the World Economic thingymabob, and big pharma are harvesting our data in a lab in Wuhan or something whilst the MSM is taking the knee and defunding the police....

Did I miss anything?

The difference between then and now is that the majority of the population (save for major cities like London) have been vaccinated. It's pretty damn clear the vaccines are working."

I’d take the deaths with a pinch of salt too...

By *eptimiusMan  over a year ago

East

If the injections are so good then there shouldnt be anything to fear from those that choose not too

"

The difference between then and now is that the majority of the population (save for major cities like London) have been vaccinated. It's pretty damn clear the vaccines are working.

I’d take the deaths with a pinch of salt too... "

It's low effort to just wave your hand and question the death figures when presented with clear evidence that the vaccines are preventing deaths.

Spain, Lancs

Serious question

Maybe you're not, as you claim, respecting people and other views. In the very same sentence you label their views as 'disinformation' and 'bizarre conspiracies'.

Am being polite, in the past 18 months there's been some outrageous tripe in fact some by as I said a small number has been from the very depths of the rabbit holes in lala land..

If your asking me to respect the views of someone who posts that it's ok to commit arson by setting alight communication masts as has been the case then I think I can live with what you think ..

Unless that sort of dangerous bs is something you align with?"

Sorry? I thought you said you 'absolutely respected' other opinions? Yet you describe them as conspiracy theorists, dangerous, purveyors of tripe etc.

What are you like when you are being disrespectful?

Dudley

If the injections are so good then there shouldnt be anything to fear from those that choose not too"

That's not how it works.

merseyside

"

Do you think your decision to refuse the vaccine for a few years will curtail any future meets.

Will you happily volunteer to tell any future meets that you haven't been vaccinated.

To be fair it will probably only be a matter of months until you do cross paths with the virus unless you lock yourself away but taking into account your age staying locked away may not be an option.

I wonder if it will become a strap line on requests to meet.

Only meeting vaccinated on profiles..

in Lancashire

Serious question

Unless that sort of dangerous bs is something you align with?

Sorry? I thought you said you 'absolutely respected' other opinions? Yet you describe them as conspiracy theorists, dangerous, purveyors of tripe etc.

What are you like when you are being disrespectful?"

Read it again..

'heres a clue, respect others decisions'..

"

Because they are angry about everything

Masks

Vaccines

Lockdowns etc etc etc

ashford

Do you think your decision to refuse the vaccine for a few years will curtail any future meets.

Will you happily volunteer to tell any future meets that you haven't been vaccinated.

To be fair it will probably only be a matter of months until you do cross paths with the virus unless you lock yourself away but taking into account your age staying locked away may not be an option.

"

I'm sure it wont b! X

Manchester (she/her)

Because they are angry about everything

Masks

Vaccines

Lockdowns etc etc etc

"

Yes, the anti lockdown protests on Monday confused me

You have what you want, go have fun

nr spalding

I'm sure it wont b! X"

I wouldn't be so sure there are already those on here that will only meet unvaccinated people, so I am sure there others like myself that will be weary of meeting unvaccinated people and feel the need to add that to their profiles. Personaly I would prefer to meet vaccinated only as it is risk mitigation for both parties, i am double jabbed and happy to do let test prior to meeting as I know I could be asymptomatic which could put someone hesitant or unable to be vaccinated at risk which isn't something I personally am willing to do

Manchester (she/her)

I'm sure it wont b! X

I wouldn't be so sure there are already those on here that will only meet unvaccinated people, so I am sure there others like myself that will be weary of meeting unvaccinated people and feel the need to add that to their profiles. Personaly I would prefer to meet vaccinated only as it is risk mitigation for both parties, i am double jabbed and happy to do let test prior to meeting as I know I could be asymptomatic which could put someone hesitant or unable to be vaccinated at risk which isn't something I personally am willing to do"

I've also seen "will not meet trial participants until 2023"

At least Van Tam appreciates me and the other tiny proportion of the population who are or were in clinical trials

nr spalding

I'm sure it wont b! X

I wouldn't be so sure there are already those on here that will only meet unvaccinated people, so I am sure there others like myself that will be weary of meeting unvaccinated people and feel the need to add that to their profiles. Personaly I would prefer to meet vaccinated only as it is risk mitigation for both parties, i am double jabbed and happy to do let test prior to meeting as I know I could be asymptomatic which could put someone hesitant or unable to be vaccinated at risk which isn't something I personally am willing to do

At least Van Tam appreciates me and the other tiny proportion of the population who are or were in clinical trials "

Awwww we appreciate you swing and the nhs are dying to get their hands on you so they can jab you aswell lol

Manchester (she/her)

I'm sure it wont b! X

At least Van Tam appreciates me and the other tiny proportion of the population who are or were in clinical trials

Awwww we appreciate you swing and the nhs are dying to get their hands on you so they can jab you aswell lol"

I didn't think Covid jabs were Pokémon. I'm not trying to collect them all

nr spalding

I'm sure it wont b! X

Awwww we appreciate you swing and the nhs are dying to get their hands on you so they can jab you aswell lol

I didn't think Covid jabs were Pokémon. I'm not trying to collect them all "

maybe it will be now, we can play vaccine bingo and you win a cash prize for a full house

Manchester (she/her)

I'm sure it wont b! X

I didn't think Covid jabs were Pokémon. I'm not trying to collect them all

maybe it will be now, we can play vaccine bingo and you win a cash prize for a full house "

I'd do it but I think it'd be a waste of resources

ashford

I'm sure it wont b! X

I wouldn't be so sure there are already those on here that will only meet unvaccinated people, so I am sure there others like myself that will be weary of meeting unvaccinated people and feel the need to add that to their profiles. Personaly I would prefer to meet vaccinated only as it is risk mitigation for both parties, i am double jabbed and happy to do let test prior to meeting as I know I could be asymptomatic which could put someone hesitant or unable to be vaccinated at risk which isn't something I personally am willing to do"

I've had both but have no qualms about meeting unvaxed at all wouldn't even cross my mind to ask! Now if they said they only bareback that's a different kettle of fish x

By *nicecoupleXCouple  over a year ago

Hitch

"

Some feel fine about taking this vax, some are concerned

If you like the jab, book in more, if you like masks then wear them.

If you don't then don't do either

I'm happy with either

By *nicecoupleXCouple  over a year ago

Hitch

It's more the health workers that wear them 12 hours a day I pity

Breathing through them all day is extremely bad for you

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

Is it that much of an inconvenience to wear a mask for a few minutes when you pop to sainsbury's?

Breathing through them all day is extremely bad for you "

Not as bad as covid is for you though.

By *aughtyYorkGentMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

"Breathing through them all day is extremely bad for you "

In what way is it bad for you to breathe through masks please (asssuming they're clean)?

Dudley

Breathing through them all day is extremely bad for you "

Is it? Says who?

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

Maybe there should be a drive on here to promote sexy masks for swingers. That might sway the antimaskers."

And named ones for the clubs too!

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

Because they listen to too much crap from idiots!

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"Breathing through them all day is extremely bad for you

In what way is it bad for you to breathe through masks please (asssuming they're clean)?"

Prolongued breathing through masks has been investigated in a study of German schoolchildren. They were found to inhale more than four times the levels of carbon dioxide than those without a mask. This was linked to the increased headaches and difficulties in concentrating. I don't have the link but it was of considerable concern to the autorities.

I continue to wear my mask in indoor situations but I do not wear it for hours.

By *aughtyYorkGentMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

"Probably because it's supposed to be personal choice but each day the government make it harder to live a normal life without being vaccinated. First holidays, now clubs. What next can't get gas and electricity unless you' ve been vaccinated "

I'm all for personal choice, but too many people want that freedom without the responsibility that goes with it. People are at liberty to refuse the vaccine, but if they do they have a responsibility not to put other people at risk - something which is being enforced with the restrictions you mention. Completely free reign to do what the feck you like and to hell with the consequences simply doesn't exist, thankfully.

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

Breathing through them all day is extremely bad for you

Is it? Says who? "

I am a covid cleaner and I have to wear the disposable ones at work.

The fibres do come undone and really irritate my nose and squeeze my collapsing right nostril, as well as giving me mini furballs to sneeze out.

They are a pain. I do have a medical reason NOT to wear them...but I know I'll be a lot worse if I don't wear one. I still get days when I am gasping and struggling to breath.