What is more important to you?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

What?!

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Not the best selling point op but hey, horses for courses..

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I'd prefer to remain free of either. I can hardly imagine pushing my body physically other than in an air conditioned gym, so the STIs are remaining off limits. I'm also continuing the same measures against covid as Sunday and am glad I'm fully vaccinated.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Sti’s and std’s concern me more… they can be a life long handicap…

Covid you die or you fully recover… eventually but definitely within the year you contracted it.

Personally not afraid of dying as it is written into human life… gona die sometime so I’m ok with that.

Having a life long handicap that changes your entire relationship with life is a very isolating experience.

Just my opinion.. which we all have on both subjects I should imagine?!

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Covid.

Longer term effects of STIs are known, Covid is not.

I can't pass STIs to people who aren't in intimate contact with me.

I still avoid both (tests, safe sex) to the extent I can, but I take Covid much more seriously.

That being said, if they develop vaccines for the STIs I'm not vaccinated against, just call me pin cushion and sign me up.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"Sti’s and std’s concern me more… they can be a life long handicap…

Covid you die or you fully recover… eventually but definitely within the year you contracted it.

Personally not afraid of dying as it is written into human life… gona die sometime so I’m ok with that.

Having a life long handicap that changes your entire relationship with life is a very isolating experience.

Just my opinion.. which we all have on both subjects I should imagine?!"

Not quite true my cousin in his late 30s has to live with badly damaged kidneys and lungs for the rest of his life dye to covid.

"Covid.

I still avoid both (tests, safe sex) to the extent I can, but I take Covid much more seriously.

That being said, if they develop vaccines for the STIs I'm not vaccinated against, just call me pin cushion and sign me up."

You can get std’s from shared towels - kissing family members - contaminated food - sharing toothbrushes - sharing sex toys - skin to skin contact - blood transfusions…

I don’t think most people realise they’re not just sexually transmitted.

Manchester (she/her)

[Removed by poster at 21/07/21 17:11:40]

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

Just my opinion.. which we all have on both subjects I should imagine?!"

Have you somehow missed the whole long covid situation and the debilitating issues that are being caused by "surviving" covid? It is far from a live or die situation the potential for long term illness caused by this virus is still being researched and understood but the findings are not good so far

Manchester (she/her)

"Covid.

That being said, if they develop vaccines for the STIs I'm not vaccinated against, just call me pin cushion and sign me up.

You can get std’s from shared towels - kissing family members - contaminated food - sharing toothbrushes - sharing sex toys - skin to skin contact - blood transfusions…

I don’t think most people realise they’re not just sexually transmitted."

And most of those involve close contact.

I take Covid much more seriously.

Hope this helps

Surely he already had issues with those organs?… or he’s in the monority of peeps who will be badly affected by it.

Personally I think we (humanity) look at things “wrong”… life is a subjective experience and for all of our lumping everyone into the same bag-shiz… when you look at the data there’s a whole load of people who can’t be categorised in generalised ways… people fall through the cracks and get overlooked

By *spotpleasurerMan  over a year ago

Norwich

Some days, I eat apples. Some days, I eat oranges. And sometimes I even compare the two.

Durham

"Surely he already had issues with those organs?… or he’s in the monority of peeps who will be badly affected by it.

Personally I think we (humanity) look at things “wrong”… life is a subjective experience and for all of our lumping everyone into the same bag-shiz… when you look at the data there’s a whole load of people who can’t be categorised in generalised ways… people fall through the cracks and get overlooked "

No his lungs and kidneys were fine pre covid, he used to over weight but had lost the excess weight years ago. It was at the beginning of the pandemic and he had to be discharged from the renal unit slightly early because it was completely full mostly with covid patients. He nearly died twice and it was probably only the fact he was fit and healthy saved him.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"Covid.

I don’t think most people realise they’re not just sexually transmitted."

And you can get covid from a cough by some twat that refuses to wear a mask and invades your personal space while you are in a public place.

Manchester (she/her)

"Surely he already had issues with those organs?… or he’s in the monority of peeps who will be badly affected by it.

Personally I think we (humanity) look at things “wrong”… life is a subjective experience and for all of our lumping everyone into the same bag-shiz… when you look at the data there’s a whole load of people who can’t be categorised in generalised ways… people fall through the cracks and get overlooked

No his lungs and kidneys were fine pre covid, he used to over weight but had lost the excess weight years ago. It was at the beginning of the pandemic and he had to be discharged from the renal unit slightly early because it was completely full mostly with covid patients. He nearly died twice and it was probably only the fact he was fit and healthy saved him. "

I think the idea that this can permanently harm fit and well people is so scary that it's easier to deny.

I wish him well.

Have you somehow missed the whole long covid situation and the debilitating issues that are being caused by "surviving" covid? It is far from a live or die situation the potential for long term illness caused by this virus is still being researched and understood but the findings are not good so far"

I'm aware... that for people with underlying conditions that are exacerbated by covid he situation is dire... for the who are "healthy" and who have blood types that bounce back quicker the situation isn't a life or death situation.

Not quite true my cousin in his late 30s has to live with badly damaged kidneys and lungs for the rest of his life dye to covid."

I hope your cousin fully recovers bless him.

There always seems to be individuals that react to diseases differently than others... isn't that why we do control testing... to get a feel how "the whole" will fair as well as looking at individual responses?

Durham

Not quite true my cousin in his late 30s has to live with badly damaged kidneys and lungs for the rest of his life dye to covid.

I hope your cousin fully recovers bless him.

There always seems to be individuals that react to diseases differently than others... isn't that why we do control testing... to get a feel how "the whole" will fair as well as looking at individual responses?"

Thanks both of you for the best wishes. He is getting better slowly it has been just over a year. He will never recover properly and will probably never work again but he is walking again now and making the best of life he knows how lucky he is.

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

Have you somehow missed the whole long covid situation and the debilitating issues that are being caused by "surviving" covid? It is far from a live or die situation the potential for long term illness caused by this virus is still being researched and understood but the findings are not good so far

I'm aware... that for people with underlying conditions that are exacerbated by covid he situation is dire... for the who are "healthy" and who have blood types that bounce back quicker the situation isn't a life or death situation.

"

The thing is it's not just those with comorbidities that are suffering from long covid it seems currently that it can be anyone, my brother had no underlying heart conditions or anything and after a "mild" case of covid has been left with almost constant heart palpitations which the doctors can't explain and is now being diagnosed with long covid and told they may never go away

The thing is it's not just those with comorbidities that are suffering from long covid it seems currently that it can be anyone, my brother had no underlying heart conditions or anything and after a "mild" case of covid has been left with almost constant heart palpitations which the doctors can't explain and is now being diagnosed with long covid and told they may never go away "

Most of us don't know if we have any physical issues until something like this happens... and the scientist/medical practitioners have always seemed to be confused about people not fitting into the expectant result they've forecasted.

Also as much as Doctors state that someone will never this or that... people surprise them each nd every day... which is why personally I don't believe in someone never doing something that a Doctor's told them they'll never do again...

I don't have any or all the answers... I just do the best with the knowledge I have available to me and I make my life decisions accordingly.

We're on very unstable ground... us humans... generally in lots of different subjects... as much as certainties would be great to be able to count on... we don't have many of them to count on do we?!

The thing is it's not just those with comorbidities that are suffering from long covid it seems currently that it can be anyone, my brother had no underlying heart conditions or anything and after a "mild" case of covid has been left with almost constant heart palpitations which the doctors can't explain and is now being diagnosed with long covid and told they may never go away "

Viruses have always had the potential to cause heart issues. I've know people suffering with atrial fibrillation after the flu. Etc etc. It's not unique to covid.

"What is more important to you?"

And the award for terrible forum post goes to....

It’s not a choice hun x

By *nicecoupleXCouple  over a year ago

Hitch

"What is more important to you?"

Covid only affects over 80s to any certain degree, so I would prefer that to an std lol

Covid.

Can only catch a STD if I put myself at risk and STDs are no longer killers due to medication available. I also wouldn’t put myself at risk as only had unprotected with long term partners and me and my partners get tested

Covid is a killer. I can try not to put myself at risk but others around me can put me at risk unknowingly

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

I will go for a 3rd option, non of them

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

"What is more important to you?

Covid only affects over 80s to any certain degree, so I would prefer that to an std lol"

My cousin is far from over 80.

48 years old and was pretty fit, got covid and could hardly manage a flight of stairs several months later.

That was a case that did not go to hospital, so God knows what it does to those who end up in A&E.

"What is more important to you?

Covid only affects over 80s to any certain degree, so I would prefer that to an std lol

My cousin is far from over 80.

48 years old and was pretty fit, got covid and could hardly manage a flight of stairs several months later.

That was a case that did not go to hospital, so God knows what it does to those who end up in A&E. "

There’s so many random cases that don’t fit the general narrative it’s pretty shocking imo.

By *rufinWoman  over a year ago

notts

STI check please

not bothered about covid test status/passport. that's a big 'whatevz'

"Not the best selling point op but hey, horses for courses.."

Lesson I learned going through cancer. There are no promises in life. Try to be a good person and live your life on your terms like tommorow is your last day. Haven’t followed the last part yet, but aspire to that motto.

By *ammskiMan  over a year ago

lytham st.annes

"Lesson I learned going through cancer. There are no promises in life. Try to be a good person and live your life on your terms like tommorow is your last day. Haven’t followed the last part yet, but aspire to that motto."

"Lesson I learned going through cancer. There are no promises in life. Try to be a good person and live your life on your terms like tommorow is your last day. Haven’t followed the last part yet, but aspire to that motto."

wishing you lotsa fun x

How about none

By *xycpl699Couple  over a year ago

kilmarnock

By *igh wide and handsomeMan  over a year ago

Dagenham

Covid or cake, can that be the question?

» Add a new message to this topic