FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Lateral flow test

Lateral flow test

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Bloody things seem useless, 4x negative lateral flows test, pinged by app, next get a pcr and oh it's positive!!

Apparently lateral flow tests are not very good at picking up asymptomatic infections so the trace team have said hmmmm really!!

And in the last week all I've had is a dodgy tummy, I'm double jabbed, hate to think how much worse I would be unvaccinated!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

They have picked up quite a few of my friends covid infections but obviously there is a degree of user error. I’ll continue to use them regularly

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"They have picked up quite a few of my friends covid infections but obviously there is a degree of user error. I’ll continue to use them regularly "

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

[Removed by poster at 22/07/21 06:53:55]

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

The these lateral flow tests are designed to tell if you are currently trying experiencing a high viral loas outbreak that is likely to be transmitted to someone else. The PCR test will show positive a long time after you have beaten the infection and are no longer a risk of transmission. The PCR is oversensitive if what you want to know is transmission risk.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The self administered lateral flow tests have been shown to be inaccurate as people generally don't swab right to back of throat or into nasal passage deep enough because its uncomfortable so the test whilst reasonably accurate doesn't show positive because it's not collecting the virus from the throat or nose.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I am currently having to use lft tests daily to see if I can go to work as my younger daughter is self isolating. I had to have a negative pcr, followed by daily negative lft to go to work

The person she is self isolating because of showed up positive on a lft

» Add a new message to this topic