FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Is "Pinging" becoming Unworkable ?

Is "Pinging" becoming Unworkable ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ryan... OP   Man  over a year ago

1950's Original

Some supermarkets with sections of empty shelves.

Wagon drivers shortage.

I believe you can be 'pinged' even if you were the other side of a very high wall..

Some now deleting the app..

Is it becoming Unworkable...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The biggest waste of money EVER!

Think it's time we made that redundant, ridiculous - an App you can switch off

By *ewcouplemidsCouple  over a year ago

walsall

Every flight from Palma over the last few weeks have been pinged

Even though they were green at the time

We got pinged yesterday 6 days after returning and after taking a pcr test on arrival in UK

So tests government are making us pay for are useless and just another money maker

We have both done 2 more lft tests since being pinged and are both negative still

The locater form for flying is what they have used

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Yes, where our son works over half the workforce got pinged despite them leaving their phones in lockers or cars. They closed the office for ten days. They are all under 30 (most under 25) they have gone back to work at the start of this week and every single one of them has deleted the app.

walsall

"Yes, where our son works over half the workforce got pinged despite them leaving their phones in lockers or cars. They closed the office for ten days. They are all under 30 (most under 25) they have gone back to work at the start of this week and every single one of them has deleted the app."

I've never even downloaded the app

And it's all over twitter about flights to Spain

By *ungry CatCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

Interesting to see how general public only noticed this happening now that everyone is going back to normal.

Retail and other staff who were working through all lockdowns have been getting pinged all the time. Making them take unpaid extra time off (in most cases)every time it did so.

Yet if they said anything- they were called all sorts of names for "putting other people at risk!"

walsall

"Interesting to see how general public only noticed this happening now that everyone is going back to normal.

Retail and other staff who were working through all lockdowns have been getting pinged all the time. Making them take unpaid extra time off (in most cases)every time it did so.

Yet if they said anything- they were called all sorts of names for "putting other people at risk!" "

It's been going on from the start that's why I never loaded the app its utter crap

Been told even if we take a test pcr today we still have to finish the remaining 4 days isolation

Waste of time paying for tests to travel if there gonna do it to u anyways

I know of people that have been pinged from drive through

By *0shadesOfFilthMan  over a year ago

nearby

[Removed by poster at 22/07/21 07:30:06]

By *ungry CatCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

"Interesting to see how general public only noticed this happening now that everyone is going back to normal.

Yet if they said anything- they were called all sorts of names for "putting other people at risk!"

It's been going on from the start that's why I never loaded the app its utter crap

Been told even if we take a test pcr today we still have to finish the remaining 4 days isolation

Waste of time paying for tests to travel if there gonna do it to u anyways

I know of people that have been pinged from drive through "

Someone I know has lost his job for poor attendance because his app kept pinging him

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"Yes, where our son works over half the workforce got pinged despite them leaving their phones in lockers or cars. They closed the office for ten days. They are all under 30 (most under 25) they have gone back to work at the start of this week and every single one of them has deleted the app."
it does say turn off if left in a locker etc

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

We were asked to turn it off and rely on LF and back up PCR tests back in January this year

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

Recently been pinged and in isolation until my negative test result came back so all good. Without the app I wouldn't have known I had been near someone with covid, might have caught it and passed in on to someone who may then pass it on again. I'm happy with it and will continue to use it.

"Recently been pinged and in isolation until my negative test result came back so all good. Without the app I wouldn't have known I had been near someone with covid, might have caught it and passed in on to someone who may then pass it on again. I'm happy with it and will continue to use it. "

The thing is, though, your test came back negative. You could have been out the whole time. Multiply your situation by 2 million lorry drivers/supermarket workers/mechanics/teachers/bakers and then try to get food from the shops or your car fixed. Best of luck with that.

I'm sounding a bit bolshy here and I really don't mean to be btw!

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

"Recently been pinged and in isolation until my negative test result came back so all good. Without the app I wouldn't have known I had been near someone with covid, might have caught it and passed in on to someone who may then pass it on again. I'm happy with it and will continue to use it.

The thing is, though, your test came back negative. You could have been out the whole time. Multiply your situation by 2 million lorry drivers/supermarket workers/mechanics/teachers/bakers and then try to get food from the shops or your car fixed. Best of luck with that.

I'm sounding a bit bolshy here and I really don't mean to be btw! "

Agree....I also could have been positive and passed it on to 2 extremely vulnerable family members.

By *antasy Explorers 1313Couple  over a year ago

A place where others reside (nr Oxford)

I'd never been 'pinged' until June this year. Went away with 5 other people, went to a pub and sat outside for lunch on the Friday, stayed in a lodge for 3 nights, stayed together the whole time. Monday morning I got pinged and the other 5 received nothing. I completed my isolation but clearly not accurate. I no longer use it. Can't be trusted.

What a way to become a prisoner in your own home. No app for me ever I'm a free man and your all free if you stop believing this BS. How many times over the years have you been to the doctors. He diagnoses you with a virus. Here's what you were told its a virus and I can't give you anything for it..

We’ve been asked to remove, if you have it, due to the business being unable to operate.

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

This is what happens when you join the smartphone controlled way of life!

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

I was pinged, the only place I had been was an outside cafe 6 feet away from others. I deleted the app, I didn't isolate.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Some supermarkets with sections of empty shelves.

Wagon drivers shortage.

I believe you can be 'pinged' even if you were the other side of a very high wall..

"

Lad in work was talking to another Lad,who has tested positive, and hasn't been pinged.

So looks like another private contractor success story.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"We’ve been asked to remove, if you have it, due to the business being unable to operate.

"

Which sort of suggests it's a complete way of time.

You would have thought that anyone with half a brain would see this coming.?

1950's Original

"This is what happens when you join the smartphone controlled way of life!"

My next door neighbour was pinged last week. She was mystified as to why because she is a vulnerable person and hasn't been beyond her doorstep for nearly six months!! I do some shopping for her when I get mine.

I had uploaded the app for her when it was first launched as her son used to collect her in his car and drive to his house about a mile away. His wife is a nurse in A+E. Their son is a long distance lorry driver so it seemed a good thing she wanted to put the app on her phone. Her son wouldn't do it as he said the app was a con. None of the family had it. My neighbour isn't very au fait with her mobile phone and how to use play store hence asking me to upload the app for her.

Ive just deleted the app from my phone. It seems that some sort of gremlin has got into the app data base and is causing havoc.

"Every flight from Palma over the last few weeks have been pinged

We got pinged yesterday 6 days after returning and after taking a pcr test on arrival in UK

So tests government are making us pay for are useless and just another money maker

We have both done 2 more lft tests since being pinged and are both negative still

The locater form for flying is what they have used"

and ibet you didnt know some of the test swabs are contaminated and have virus on then i know some one who sent unswabed yests and they came back positive

By *orset.JMan  over a year ago

Weymouth

Wagon drivers shortage.

It is not perfect and there are certainly imperfections in its design but it does play an important role in breaking transmission. Stop using it and the R value will climb higher putting further pressure on the NHS.

It’s for this reason that a full lockdown is inevitable but it will probably be called a circuit breaker.

"

Weymouth

Wagon drivers shortage.

It is not perfect and there are certainly imperfections in its design but it does play an important role in breaking transmission. Stop using it and the R value will climb higher putting further pressure on the NHS.

It’s for this reason that a full lockdown is inevitable but it will probably be called a circuit breaker.

"

One in three pinged have COVID-19 - stop using the app will lead to a massive surge in cases.

It is probably happening already but testing is at capacity- It will be interesting to see what the ONS survey says tomorrow on overall prevalence.

By *idsguy4funMan  over a year ago

Kidderminster

"Every flight from Palma over the last few weeks have been pinged"

Not true at all! Maybe a higher number of flights than one would like but I can assure you I have travelled back from Palma a few times in the past few weeks and no cases found on the flights! Maybe you are being a bit pessimistic and making generalisations, but I suggest you fact check before scaremongering!

1950's Original

The locater form for flying is what they have used and ibet you didnt know some of the test swabs are contaminated and have virus on then i know some one who sent unswabed yests and they came back positive "

Interesting.

Wagon drivers shortage.

One in three pinged have COVID-19 - stop using the app will lead to a massive surge in cases.

It is probably happening already but testing is at capacity- It will be interesting to see what the ONS survey says tomorrow on overall prevalence."

Where did you get those figures from ?

The latest figures (Yesterday) from NHS England show that out of 1,631,500 people either sent home from school, pinged or contacted directly by T & T 194,000 went on to test positive

By *iking SoftiesCouple  over a year ago

Chesterfield

After a couple of days in York I got pinged on Monday morning, talk about irony. I am isolating out of a conscious decision and my employers policy regarding the work place.

But showing no symptoms, having had covid-19, being fully vaccinated and having done 3 negative LFTs since I got pinged I do think its time for a rethink on how the country should approach this. I do know people who, for different reasons, haven't been vaccinated if I didn't have to isolate and got pinged I would probably let them know and keep clear for until the period ended.

as an aside some very interesting figures quoted in this thread most with no sources listed.

walsall

"What a way to become a prisoner in your own home. No app for me ever I'm a free man and your all free if you stop believing this BS. How many times over the years have you been to the doctors. He diagnoses you with a virus. Here's what you were told its a virus and I can't give you anything for it.. "

Agree I've never had the app that's why think it's come from airport form

Still tested negative today app is bullshit

walsall

Wagon drivers shortage.

It is probably happening already but testing is at capacity- It will be interesting to see what the ONS survey says tomorrow on overall prevalence."

All over social media trace app was told to ping all flights out of Palma regardless as a precaution

According to people on social media no one currently in isolation has had a positive pcr test

Same as us our test just came back from yesterday's pcr negative but told still need to finish isolation which is 3 days

walsall

Not true at all! Maybe a higher number of flights than one would like but I can assure you I have travelled back from Palma a few times in the past few weeks and no cases found on the flights! Maybe you are being a bit pessimistic and making generalisations, but I suggest you fact check before scaremongering! "

Perhaps you need to check Palma groups on social media and number of complaints

Even spoke to trace people today who admitted they were authorised to ping all flights returning

We returned while still green

By *idsguy4funMan  over a year ago

Kidderminster

Not true at all! Maybe a higher number of flights than one would like but I can assure you I have travelled back from Palma a few times in the past few weeks and no cases found on the flights! Maybe you are being a bit pessimistic and making generalisations, but I suggest you fact check before scaremongering!

Even spoke to trace people today who admitted they were authorised to ping all flights returning

We returned while still green "

Nope, I don’t need to check or rely on gossip of social media! I checked with the airlines and each of the 3 flights I came back on were no problem at all!! Perhaps you need to stop relying on social media as a source of “valid Information “ ?!!

walsall

Not true at all! Maybe a higher number of flights than one would like but I can assure you I have travelled back from Palma a few times in the past few weeks and no cases found on the flights! Maybe you are being a bit pessimistic and making generalisations, but I suggest you fact check before scaremongering! "

So you would of had to self isolate anyways as Palma didn't go green until 30th of June and went back Amber 19th July so if you had been a few times in last few weeks then you would of needed to isolate anyways as its only stayed green 3 weeks in total

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The government didn't manage this well from the start and Johnson pretty much reverted to dates, not data, to give those shrieking for 'freedom' day what they demanded, at everyone's cost.

The app is a facet of the whole ballsup as well as the triggers a reflection of the catastrophic relaxing that's helping me Delta variant grow, ever since we decided to let tens of thousands of people in from India.

We can't just pinpoint the problem to the app, if the system managing everything is rotten to its core. Shuffling deckchairs as the Titanic sinks ignores the obvious problem that many don't want to see and admit.

Making people work when possible sources of even more infection is just going to let things get even more atrocious, as things won't be managed for the benefit of people but £££££

walsall

We returned while still green

Nope, I don’t need to check or rely on gossip of social media! I checked with the airlines and each of the 3 flights I came back on were no problem at all!! Perhaps you need to stop relying on social media as a source of “valid Information “ ?!! "

It's from people across the UK chatting about there experience all on various flights and various airlines

Plus had it from the horses mouth from someone from the trace today when spoke to them and confronted with the info

We tested negative last night after being contacted 7 days after landing by a pcr test and we still have to finish isolation even though we haven't isolated for the first 7 days of our return

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

Funny how suddenly everyone is kicking off about this ?? this has been going on for ages and no one cared or cared very little but now it is having a impact on their lives ??? and moaning about the costs of tests ??? try our old neighbor a young woman doing care work for the elderly and infirm on min wage and getting pinged and then having to pay for the tests to start with and what does really anyone expect from a morally and financially bankrupt government driven by ideology and backed mostly by the rich hidden tax exiles/dodgers who have made a mint out of all this and for way to long people in general haven't been that bothered about what is giong on or happening in this country ( has been going for 10 yesrs nearly) as it didn't "Affect" them and now it is ?? bit late now ..stable door..horse job you let the lunatics quite literally take over the aylum

walsall

" Funny how suddenly everyone is kicking off about this ?? this has been going on for ages and no one cared or cared very little but now it is having a impact on their lives ??? and moaning about the costs of tests ??? try our old neighbor a young woman doing care work for the elderly and infirm on min wage and getting pinged and then having to pay for the tests to start with and what does really anyone expect from a morally and financially bankrupt government driven by ideology and backed mostly by the rich hidden tax exiles/dodgers who have made a mint out of all this and for way to long people in general haven't been that bothered about what is giong on or happening in this country ( has been going for 10 yesrs nearly) as it didn't "Affect" them and now it is ?? bit late now ..stable door..horse job you let the lunatics quite literally take over the aylum "

I agree totaly that's why I never and never will add the app to my phone

Only way they got hold of me was through locater app needed to fly

No one should be forced to isolate if can prove a negative test

They don't even tell u a date u came in contact on the email they send you so can't see how it's legal to fine anyone

By *averockrockMan  over a year ago

swindon

Worst app system ever!

Weymouth

Wagon drivers shortage.

It is probably happening already but testing is at capacity- It will be interesting to see what the ONS survey says tomorrow on overall prevalence.

Where did you get those figures from ?

The latest figures (Yesterday) from NHS England show that out of 1,631,500 people either sent home from school, pinged or contacted directly by T & T 194,000 went on to test positive"

Ok to be fair it says they go on to develop symptoms of Covid - issue is that delays in testing especially home kits mean that by the time they sample the virus may have cleared.

There are issues if with self sampling also- it’s easy to get a negative result if you want.

Government figures

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-07-19/pingdemic-puts-dampener-on-lifting-of-covid-rules-in-england-as-businesses-hit-by-staff-shortages

Ultimately when cases are high and lab capacity is stretched - the ONS data will provide the most accurate data on prevalence.

The idea of herd/hybrid immunity developing in the population is all fine if it’s a slow ( morally scientifically and ethically I am against it) and gradual spread such that it doesn’t affect essential services - the government is again finding out that Covid is an absolutely beast given any opportunity and make no mistake it is taking full advantage of the lack of any restrictions or any suppression strategy.

So I suppose the app is pretty much the only break/suppression measure left in Covid path- unless human behaviour starts to change and become more cautious.

Don’t get me wrong I hate all this pinging- it affects the business I am in too and is causing massive disruption. But it’s going to be 2-3 months before we get anywhere near herd immunity- Israel is finding this out now, they were at it(70%) now it has to be 85% at least. And that’s what we are facing too- but we do not need to generate a load of Long Covid patients in the meantime.

"Recently been pinged and in isolation until my negative test result came back so all good. Without the app I wouldn't have known I had been near someone with covid, might have caught it and passed in on to someone who may then pass it on again. I'm happy with it and will continue to use it.

I'm sounding a bit bolshy here and I really don't mean to be btw!

Agree....I also could have been positive and passed it on to 2 extremely vulnerable family members."

You weren't and you didn't though.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

No track and trace system can possibly work once a disease has become so prevalent that it is basically impossible for anybody going about their normal daily business to avoid contact with a potentially infected person. Latest figures there are something like a million active cases of covid in the UK - between 1 and 2% of the population. So ask yourself, over a week, how many different people do you come within a few metres of? Anything over 50 and it becomes almost dead certainty that at least one of those is a current carrier.

Covid is now so out of control in the UK that it has become impossible to keep up with tracking contacts and limiting the spread by selective isolation.

[For those that are going to tell me "easy for you to say, what would you do about it then?" my answer is "I wouldn't have let it get to the point of being impossible to control, but now it's got to this, I'm fucked if I know any way out of the situation".]

By *igh wide and handsomeMan  over a year ago

Dagenham

I've never had a problem with the app, it's always worked great, still I've never actually downloaded it.

1950's Original

"I've never had a problem with the app, it's always worked great, still I've never actually downloaded it."

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

Had the app since the start and have never once been pinged, been going out and about to get bits for mum and in and out of hospitals for appointments all that time and still never once been pinged. I will continue to use it aswell until the pandemic is managed properly due to mum being vulnerable.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

No idea if its become unworkable as never downloaded it and neither has anyone i know

» Add a new message to this topic