FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > UK simply too unsafe to take part

UK simply too unsafe to take part

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ackformore100 OP   Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Here's a great example of how the mindsets of UK and our antipodean friends differ.

Notice that Rugby league is massive in australia.. It would have been like us pulling out of the soccer euros.

"

Australia and New Zealand have pulled out of the Rugby League World Cup because of "player welfare and safety concerns" related to Covid-19.

The men's, women's and wheelchair events are scheduled to take place in England this autumn.

The Australian Rugby League Commission (ARLC) and New Zealand Rugby League (NZRL) have asked organisers if it can be rescheduled for 2022.

NZRL chief Greg Peters said it was "simply too unsafe" to take part.

"The safety and wellbeing of our people is the main priority, and unfortunately, that cannot be guaranteed to our satisfaction.

"There are stark differences between how the pandemic is being managed in the UK compared to Australasia, and recent developments have highlighted how quickly things can change.

"The tournament organisers have moved heaven and earth to make this work, so it is not an easy decision, but the Covid-19 situation in the UK shows no sign of improving, and it's simply too unsafe to send teams and staff over."

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *imes_berksMan  over a year ago

Bracknell

They additionally don’t want to have to quarantine for 14 days on going back to Aus. That has nothing to do with the UK

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's hardly a surprise that people don't want to take the risk of coming to Plague Island.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Their choice to make.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"It's hardly a surprise that people don't want to take the risk of coming to Plague Island."

Quite

I'm glad my older and vulnerable family are far away from this

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's a smart, decent move, especially as they have suggested delay as happened with the Olympics.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Are they pulling out of the Olympics too?

Don't blame them

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"They additionally don’t want to have to quarantine for 14 days on going back to Aus. That has nothing to do with the UK"

It seems to be about that and the domestic clubs in both countries..

Does seem like double standards given they've both got athletes at the Olympics which is in its own mini wave..

Manchester (she/her)

"They additionally don’t want to have to quarantine for 14 days on going back to Aus. That has nothing to do with the UK

Does seem like double standards given they've both got athletes at the Olympics which is in its own mini wave.."

Different organisations making different choices, I suppose.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"They additionally don’t want to have to quarantine for 14 days on going back to Aus. That has nothing to do with the UK

Does seem like double standards given they've both got athletes at the Olympics which is in its own mini wave..

Different organisations making different choices, I suppose."

True..

Kiwi cricketer's were here not do long ago too..

near ipswich

It just goes to show whatever measures organisations take the virus will always sneak in somehow so the only way to be certain is not to take part.

Manchester (she/her)

True..

Kiwi cricketer's were here not do long ago too.."

I suppose the governments could ban it, but even in the stricter countries there's compromise for commercial or other purposes.

Give over man.

If you have had your vaccinations and they have had theirs then what's the problem.

We have a very high percentage of the population now vaccinated in comparison to other countries around the world so surely what the vaccination programme was intended for (to reduce serious problems) is now in effect.

Covid transmission seems to be out of control in the UK with cases, hospitalisations and deaths all increasing. Thats why outher govenments don't want their citizens traveling to the UK.

It has not been overtly stated by the UK government but it looks like they are now banking on herd immunity before the winter arrives - it remains to be seen if that turns out to be a good strategy but it is fraught with risk.

Manchester (she/her)

"Covid transmission seems to be out of control in the UK with cases, hospitalisations and deaths all increasing. Thats why outher govenments don't want their citizens traveling to the UK.

It has not been overtly stated by the UK government but it looks like they are now banking on herd immunity before the winter arrives - it remains to be seen if that turns out to be a good strategy but it is fraught with risk."

Yes. I'm glad Australia want no part in it.

What do you think Australia and these other nations doing that you think we could adopt to try and get to a happy place?

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

With Australia 12% vaccinated I guess it may be some time before their government allow population out and visitors in.

How much longer they can sustain that, time will tell.

near ipswich

"With Australia 12% vaccinated I guess it may be some time before their government allow population out and visitors in.

"

Its a different approach to most of the world, i guess if their economies can take the hit it may be worth it.

By *erry 1TV/TS  over a year ago

manchester

"It's hardly a surprise that people don't want to take the risk of coming to Plague Island."
hardly plague island we have the best vaccination scheme in the world.

True..

Kiwi cricketer's were here not do long ago too.."

By *ormalguy71Man  over a year ago

Tunbridge Wells

I personally think all elite sports should be put on hold here.

Footballers at the Euros still catching it.

Lockdown ended and the increases are flying up. It has nothing to do with oh I've had 2 vaccinations I'm safe. People who've had both are still becoming infected.

But after the best part of 18 months of lockdown of some form the government and regulatory bodies have decided money is more important than peoples lives.

I'm a huge football fan, but you won't even get me near my local teams ground let alone professional football until this is handled better.

here

"With Australia 12% vaccinated I guess it may be some time before their government allow population out and visitors in.

Its a different approach to most of the world, i guess if their economies can take the hit it may be worth it."

Putting of the inevitable though…

By *aussageMan  over a year ago

sherborne

Too many covid bed wetters.

Look at the numbers, the average covid death age is 82, the same as the average life expectancy.

"I personally think all elite sports should be put on hold here.

Footballers at the Euros still catching it.

Lockdown ended and the increases are flying up. It has nothing to do with oh I've had 2 vaccinations I'm safe. People who've had both are still becoming infected.

But after the best part of 18 months of lockdown of some form the government and regulatory bodies have decided money is more important than peoples lives.

I'm a huge football fan, but you won't even get me near my local teams ground let alone professional football until this is handled better. "

People are becoming infected but the whole point in us getting our jabs was to protect the vulnerable and if you do catch it that the effects wouldn't be as severe.

That vaccination programme in the UK as stated by another poster in this forum has covered a lot of the uk population and is higher percentage wise complete than most other countries.

We are getting higher numbers because we are still testing and recording a massive amount of people's results.

By *uliette500Woman  over a year ago

Hull

"What do you think Australia and these other nations doing that you think we could adopt to try and get to a happy place?"

Australia have done full strict lockdowns of areas as soon as there is one positive case and the people get on with and do what is asked of them. Unlike over here, all sulking and crying about human rights and doing as they please because they don't like it.

"What do you think Australia and these other nations doing that you think we could adopt to try and get to a happy place?

Australia have done full strict lockdowns of areas as soon as there is one positive case and the people get on with and do what is asked of them. Unlike over here, all sulking and crying about human rights and doing as they please because they don't like it. "

Yes you are right about the strict lockdowns in Australia.

There has been a few sulky faces in the early days but at least now we are right near the end of a hugely successful vaccination programme right and we can have confidence that we have protected the vulnerable and ourselves by having such large numbers covered in terms of vax so we can move forward.

Australia will be in that loop for a while as they have relied on lockdown rather than vaccines right?

By *ik MMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

"What do you think Australia and these other nations doing that you think we could adopt to try and get to a happy place?

Australia have done full strict lockdowns of areas as soon as there is one positive case and the people get on with and do what is asked of them. Unlike over here, all sulking and crying about human rights and doing as they please because they don't like it. "

So there aren’t any protests in Australia then? Righto…

near ipswich

You obviously dont watch much international news have you not seen the demo,s in Melbourne?

By *esmond and Molly JonesCouple  over a year ago

Watford

It's because they've stoked immeasurable fear in the population for what now is an insignificant viral disease.

By *orking Class GentMan  over a year ago

Warrington

"It's because they've stoked immeasurable fear in the population for what now is an insignificant viral disease."

Indeed.. So many people still terrified. Only have to look at this small section of society in here to see how deeply that fear is embedded. Reason is out of the window.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

Wimps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Its a different approach to most of the world, i guess if their economies can take the hit it may be worth it.

Putting of the inevitable though…

"

But the issue with Australia is as much about a vaccines supply issue… they can’t get enough in at the moment…

Also…. I think Australian you laugh at our version of lockdown… and brits would cry at their version of lockdown!

The fact that 20000 Australians still can’t get home because of how restricted it is says loads

By *nicecoupleXCouple  over a year ago

Hitch

"Here's a great example of how the mindsets of UK and our antipodean friends differ.

Notice that Rugby league is massive in australia.. It would have been like us pulling out of the soccer euros.

"

Australia and New Zealand have pulled out of the Rugby League World Cup because of "player welfare and safety concerns" related to Covid-19.

The men's, women's and wheelchair events are scheduled to take place in England this autumn.

The Australian Rugby League Commission (ARLC) and New Zealand Rugby League (NZRL) have asked organisers if it can be rescheduled for 2022.

NZRL chief Greg Peters said it was "simply too unsafe" to take part.

"The safety and wellbeing of our people is the main priority, and unfortunately, that cannot be guaranteed to our satisfaction.

"There are stark differences between how the pandemic is being managed in the UK compared to Australasia, and recent developments have highlighted how quickly things can change.

"The tournament organisers have moved heaven and earth to make this work, so it is not an easy decision, but the Covid-19 situation in the UK shows no sign of improving, and it's simply too unsafe to send teams and staff over.""

Players welfare lol

As if the virus would even give a fit man a tickly cough

Lol how cringe

Manchester (she/her)

"

But the issue with Australia is as much about a vaccines supply issue… they can’t get enough in at the moment…

Also…. I think Australian you laugh at our version of lockdown… and brits would cry at their version of lockdown!

The fact that 20000 Australians still can’t get home because of how restricted it is says loads"

All true.

By *nicecoupleXCouple  over a year ago

Hitch

"

The fact that 20000 Australians still can’t get home because of how totalitarian it is says loads"

Fixed for you x

here

Bradford MP, standing in for deputy chair in the Commons today, “I never thought I’d see the day when we see Rugby Union players look tougher than Rugby League players. Yet we have the situation where Rugby Union are sending players here, but Australia and New Zealand have bottled it. Perhaps they are afraid of the competition?”

a little cheeky, but did make me laugh

» Add a new message to this topic