FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Test Test Test

Test Test Test

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

At the start of the pandemic the World Health Organisation said test test test.

It appears only Austria 44 per 1000, the U.K. 16.25 per 1000 and Denmark 15.2 per 1000 got the memo.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *spotpleasurerMan  over a year ago

Norwich

There is no single solution.

There are countries who haven't tested extensively, yet have relatively low hospitalisations and deaths.

The UK has moved beyond testing and is treating Covid like flu- it's assumed many will get it and some will die but the majority will recover.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"At the start of the pandemic the World Health Organisation said test test test.

It appears only Austria 44 per 1000, the U.K. 16.25 per 1000 and Denmark 15.2 per 1000 got the memo."

I'd be interested in where those figures came from. A cursory search reveals very different ones:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1104645/covid19-testing-rate-select-countries-worldwide/

"There is no single solution.

There are countries who haven't tested extensively, yet have relatively low hospitalisations and deaths.

The UK has moved beyond testing and is treating Covid like flu- it's assumed many will get it and some will die but the majority will recover."

Its very easy to have low Covid hospitalisations and deaths when you aren't routinely testing...

"At the start of the pandemic the World Health Organisation said test test test.

It appears only Austria 44 per 1000, the U.K. 16.25 per 1000 and Denmark 15.2 per 1000 got the memo.

I'd be interested in where those figures came from. A cursory search reveals very different ones:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1104645/covid19-testing-rate-select-countries-worldwide/"

Our world in data.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

The UK has moved beyond testing and is treating Covid like flu- it's assumed many will get it and some will die but the majority will recover.

Its very easy to have low Covid hospitalisations and deaths when you aren't routinely testing..."

Exactly.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Its very easy to have low Covid hospitalisations and deaths when you aren't routinely testing..."

Is it?

Thats a pretty dumb statement ... hospialisation and deaths have no relation to number of people tested!!

[Removed by poster at 22/07/21 14:32:54]

I believe in testing more than the vaccination. I think both in tandem are a good plan. How can you test if the vaccine is effective if you're not still testing people. Test of treatment is a thing: making sure the infection is gone after a course of anti biotics or doing semen checks after a vasectomy etc. Im worried about them not putting emphasis on testing for acute infection and antibodies post infection or vaccination.

Its very easy to have low Covid hospitalisations and deaths when you aren't routinely testing...

Thats a pretty dumb statement ... hospialisation and deaths have no relation to number of people tested!! "

It really isn't.

In the opposite way that our reporting methods tend to over estimate Covid deaths (deaths within 28 days of a positive test), many other countries that are not testing much will be attributing some Covid deaths to other sources (respiratory illness, pneumonia, heart failure, blood clots, organ Failure and much, much more)

The only thing that makes these reported (correctly) as a Covid death is the positive result.

"I believe in testing more than the vaccination. I think both in tandem are a good plan. How can you test if the vaccine is effective if you're not still testing people. Test of treatment is a thing: making sure the infection is gone after a course of anti biotics or doing semen checks after a vasectomy etc. Im worried about them not putting emphasis on testing for acute infection and antibodies post infection or vaccination. "

Exactly! I’d rather be in a room with 100 tested negative but unvaccinated people rather than 100 vaccinated but untested any day of the week

Thats a pretty dumb statement ... hospialisation and deaths have no relation to number of people tested!!

It really isn't.

In the opposite way that our reporting methods tend to over estimate Covid deaths (deaths within 28 days of a positive test), many other countries that are not testing much will be attributing some Covid deaths to other sources (respiratory illness, pneumonia, heart failure, blood clots, organ Failure and much, much more)

The only thing that makes these reported (correctly) as a Covid death is the positive result."

dont forget deaths from havin the vachine

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

It really isn't.

The only thing that makes these reported (correctly) as a Covid death is the positive result. dont forget deaths from havin the vachine "

In the grand scheme of things the 28 day rule for probably slightly under estimates the number of covid. For all the people who die under a bus there are probably unfortate people who take longer than 28 days to die of covid. At the very beginning people died of covid and we thought it was something else. The number of deaths where covid is mentioned on the death certificate, which is substantially higher than the 28 day number, is probably more accurate but I think a slight over estimate.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

------

People don't get hospitalised because they have a positive test. They get hospitalised because they are really poorly. Most likely those in hospital with covid only got tested after being admitted.

Cal

The tests are very unreliable; PCR can test positive for mango, Cola , papaya and even water - it can pick up anything in everything so you get a very high false positive rate.

"The tests are very unreliable; PCR can test positive for mango, Cola , papaya and even water - it can pick up anything in everything so you get a very high false positive rate. "

Better not eat a fruit salad before a test then

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"The tests are very unreliable; PCR can test positive for mango, Cola , papaya and even water - it can pick up anything in everything so you get a very high false positive rate. "

This is actually fake news.there have been many videos showing positive tests from all sorts of fruit & drinks... BUT these results are achieved by deliberately doing the tests wrong. The method involves not using the "buffer" which stabilises the PH, which results in the acid destroying the Antibody Proteins and indicating a positive result. This is NOT happening in laboratory conducted tests, only "fake tests" to suggest that the tests don't work.

Cal

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I think you're confusing the Lateral Flow test with the PCR test. The PCR is sent of for proper analysis.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"The tests are very unreliable; PCR can test positive for mango, Cola , papaya and even water - it can pick up anything in everything so you get a very high false positive rate.

This is actually fake news.there have been many videos showing positive tests from all sorts of fruit & drinks... BUT these results are achieved by deliberately doing the tests wrong. The method involves not using the "buffer" which stabilises the PH, which results in the acid destroying the Antibody Proteins and indicating a positive result. This is NOT happening in laboratory conducted tests, only "fake tests" to suggest that the tests don't work.

Cal"

Yes. It's the same as that young earth creationist saying that a certain ancient substance was very new, because carbon dating said so. Therefore the world is 6000 years old.

As one of the people I watched said "of course the carbon dating test failed. It's got no fucking carbon in it!"

You screw up the test, you'll get nonsense results. All it means is you screwed up the test

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

That’s discredited bollox.

teleford

And to be clear I know several people on weekly PCR testing. Only know of 1 false positive from something like 200 pcr tests between them

[Removed by poster at 22/07/21 22:16:06]

Your obviously keeping count in which case I stand corrected. I didn’t realise people were having weekly PCR tests ; I taught it was mostly the lateral flow tests that are being used for that. But I guess it depends on people’s circumstances and work.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

And to be clear I know several people on weekly PCR testing. Only know of 1 false positive from something like 200 pcr tests between them"

How did they find out it was a false positive ?

"Your obviously keeping count in which case I stand corrected. I didn’t realise people were having weekly PCR tests ; I taught it was mostly the lateral flow tests that are being used for that. But I guess it depends on people’s circumstances and work. "

Many NHS staff are on a weekly PCR testing scheme. Likely there are other employers offering the scheme too

"Your obviously keeping count in which case I stand corrected. I didn’t realise people were having weekly PCR tests ; I taught it was mostly the lateral flow tests that are being used for that. But I guess it depends on people’s circumstances and work.

Many NHS staff are on a weekly PCR testing scheme. Likely there are other employers offering the scheme too"

think who is making the money it won't be the plebs will it

teleford

"

And to be clear I know several people on weekly PCR testing. Only know of 1 false positive from something like 200 pcr tests between them

How did they find out it was a false positive ?"

No symptoms and a repeat test was negative

» Add a new message to this topic