FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > vaccination of children

vaccination of children

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ontbesillywrapyourwilly OP   Man  over a year ago

Tipperary

talking this morning that children in big numbers will need to be vaxed to reach herd immunity. comments on social media platforms of many parents who wouldn't dream of vaccinating their child asking where has the regular immune system gone to fighting viruses. question being, would you vax your child with the C19 jab?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There is a forum thread where you can post these questions.

#fedupwithcovid

Mine are old enough to have an informed discussion with but, if they asked me to take the final decision, it would be yes.

It's not an option here though as only 12+ years in the vulnerable category are currently eligible I believe.

I'm sure this thread will probably descend into the usual c19 farce

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

We might never reach herd immunity and if that's the motivation to vaccinate children, it's all wrong imo.

Healthy youngsters don't need a covid vaccine. Instead get vaccines to poorer countries to stop the production of new variants.

By *ontbesillywrapyourwilly OP   Man  over a year ago

Tipperary

"We might never reach herd immunity and if that's the motivation to vaccinate children, it's all wrong imo.

Healthy youngsters don't need a covid vaccine. Instead get vaccines to poorer countries to stop the production of new variants. "

your last line for me sums it all up. vaccines for sick people in poorer countries is what's needed. some are miles behind on the vaccine front.

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

I will sit down with my daughter and fully discuss the pros and cons, I will encourage her to have it and I think she will choose to.

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

It’s putting children at unnecessary risk , they have very little chance being ill with COVID why risk the vaccine how would you feel if your child got ill with a vaccine they don’t need ?

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

"It’s putting children at unnecessary risk , they have very little chance being ill with COVID why risk the vaccine how would you feel if your child got ill with a vaccine they don’t need ? "

There is a tiny risk from the vaccines.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm glad that some parents and teenagers will be able to choose whether to vaccinate or be vaccinated.

Personal choice is only possible with availability.

Herne Bay

"It’s putting children at unnecessary risk , they have very little chance being ill with COVID why risk the vaccine how would you feel if your child got ill with a vaccine they don’t need ?

There is a tiny risk from the vaccines. "

And a very tiny risk of COVID especially for children and actually for most till they hit the 70 mark , so those children that do die from the vaccine have died needlessly

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"It’s putting children at unnecessary risk , they have very little chance being ill with COVID why risk the vaccine how would you feel if your child got ill with a vaccine they don’t need ? "

And how would you feel if they caught covid?

Will children need to be vaccinated to go on holiday(abroad)

Manchester (she/her)

"Will children need to be vaccinated to go on holiday(abroad)"

I suppose that will depend on the country they're going to.

"talking this morning that children in big numbers will need to be vaxed to reach herd immunity. comments on social media platforms of many parents who wouldn't dream of vaccinating their child asking where has the regular immune system gone to fighting viruses. question being, would you vax your child with the C19 jab?"

Yes, just as I would vaccinate against polio, measles, mumps, whooping cough, diphtheria, hepatitis B, hepatitis C, Hib, PCV, tetanus, rotavirus, HPV etc.

By *exOnLegsPlymCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth

As far as vaccinating children goes, its a big NO from us, unless they are vulnerable health wise with co-morbidities etc.

ONS currently say that 67% of children have antibodies, so why would you want to vaccinate a child anyway?

There's also a risk with the vaccines of blood clots etc and, again according to ONS, there is one death per 50,000 people vaccinated. Given that children rarely suffer badly with Covid, it makes no sense to us.

We also do not know if there are any long term effects from these vaccines, particularly the mRNA types: Johnson&Johnson/Pfizer.

Herne Bay

"It’s putting children at unnecessary risk , they have very little chance being ill with COVID why risk the vaccine how would you feel if your child got ill with a vaccine they don’t need ?

And how would you feel if they caught covid?"

Had covid had worse colds , the average age of dying from Covid is 82.4 average age expectancy is 81 that tells you all you need to know , actually trying to find a breakdown of different age groups have died is not easy they don’t want the masses to know , but you can find snippets from the office of National Statistics

By *orset.JMan  over a year ago

Weymouth

There is a tiny risk from the vaccines. And a very tiny risk of COVID especially for children and actually for most till they hit the 70 mark , so those children that do die from the vaccine have died needlessly "

We cannot ignore Long Covid in children though- at least 8% of children infected will get Long Covid. It’s a neurotrophic virus that is triggering worrying inflammatory responses in brains of infected patients. The problem is it maybe months or years before we know the full effects. In the past we acted on BSE and VCJD with a lot less evidence.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01693-6

liverpool

And how would you feel if they caught covid? Had covid had worse colds , the average age of dying from Covid is 82.4 average age expectancy is 81 that tells you all you need to know , actually trying to find a breakdown of different age groups have died is not easy they don’t want the masses to know , but you can find snippets from the office of National Statistics "

There was a fella on the radio yesterday who's little girl has covid.

She has been in hospital and is very poorly

However I'm sure he will be reassured reading your post.

Weymouth

"I'm glad that some parents and teenagers will be able to choose whether to vaccinate or be vaccinated.

Personal choice is only possible with availability."

By *wistedTooCouple  over a year ago

Frimley

Jab ‘em

I'm pro vax for everything. Kids had everything to date. I'm double jabbed. But there is *something* that is making me uneasy in letting my kids have this one.

By *exOnLegsPlymCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth

PS this country is already well over the number of people with Covid antibodies required to achieve "herd immunity" even with the more infectious Delta - estimated required 85%

ONS say it estimates that 92% of us have Covid antibodies.

Herne Bay

And how would you feel if they caught covid? Had covid had worse colds , the average age of dying from Covid is 82.4 average age expectancy is 81 that tells you all you need to know , actually trying to find a breakdown of different age groups have died is not easy they don’t want the masses to know , but you can find snippets from the office of National Statistics

However I'm sure he will be reassured reading your post."

What you going to say when a child dies off having the Jab ?

"I'm pro vax for everything. Kids had everything to date. I'm double jabbed. But there is *something* that is making me uneasy in letting my kids have this one. "

All of the misinformation that’s doing the rounds perhaps?

As much as we like to think we are rational and this stuff does that affect us it absolutely does. Availability bias is a real thing and it’s why companies spend so much on advertising, it’s why the vote leave campaign flooded social media with bots and false claims.

This strategy isn’t about getting you to believe their lies, it’s about getting you to not believe the truth.

Manchester (she/her)

And how would you feel if they caught covid? Had covid had worse colds , the average age of dying from Covid is 82.4 average age expectancy is 81 that tells you all you need to know , actually trying to find a breakdown of different age groups have died is not easy they don’t want the masses to know , but you can find snippets from the office of National Statistics

The graphs are showing an explosion of hospitalisation of children with covid, and apparently - even with all the school closures - Covid was a top ten cause of paediatric death in the US in 2020.

"I'm pro vax for everything. Kids had everything to date. I'm double jabbed. But there is *something* that is making me uneasy in letting my kids have this one.

As much as we like to think we are rational and this stuff does that affect us it absolutely does. Availability bias is a real thing and it’s why companies spend so much on advertising, it’s why the vote leave campaign flooded social media with bots and false claims.

This strategy isn’t about getting you to believe their lies, it’s about getting you to not believe the truth."

Prehaps. But also for me its that they are still discovering side effects and as my kids aren't old enough to make thay choice for themselves its making me uneasy giving it to them.

I completely get what you arw saying though and like I have said I have the jab myself but deciding that for my kids is another layer of thinking for me.

However I'm sure he will be reassured reading your post. What you going to say when a child dies off having the Jab ? "

Children have died with covid tho

By *had MichaelMichaelsMan  over a year ago

tobermore

No....

By *electmaleMan  over a year ago

Dublin

However I'm sure he will be reassured reading your post. What you going to say when a child dies off having the Jab ? "

According to Mike Yeadon, Children are 50 times more likely to die from the vac than from the disease. It's insane to put experimental drugs into children for disease that does not affect them. These drugs are neither necessary or safe for children.

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

"talking this morning that children in big numbers will need to be vaxed to reach herd immunity. comments on social media platforms of many parents who wouldn't dream of vaccinating their child asking where has the regular immune system gone to fighting viruses. question being, would you vax your child with the C19 jab?"

Do children not receive any vaccines these days?

E

By *drianukMan  over a year ago

Spain, Preston

As of May only three children in the UK have died of/with coronavirus. All had pre-existing conditions.

Not a single healthy child has died of/with it.

There is no need to risk a jab

Spain, Preston

"I'm pro vax for everything. Kids had everything to date. I'm double jabbed. But there is *something* that is making me uneasy in letting my kids have this one.

This strategy isn’t about getting you to believe their lies, it’s about getting you to not believe the truth."

The Remain campaign told far more lies

liverpool

Right..when has that happened?

Spain, Preston

However I'm sure he will be reassured reading your post. What you going to say when a child dies off having the Jab ?

Right..when has that happened?"

Check out adverse reactions to jabs. They include deaths

Weymouth

The discussion about Covid should include morbidity as well as mortality.

We could be looking at huge numbers of patients, including children with Long Covid, if we do not start vaccinating them.

Manchester (she/her)

However I'm sure he will be reassured reading your post. What you going to say when a child dies off having the Jab ?

The discussion about Covid should include morbidity as well as mortality.

We could be looking at huge numbers of patients, including children with Long Covid, if we do not start vaccinating them."

It's been an incredible, Orwellian shift to watch morbidity be erased from disease because it isn't expedient.

liverpool

Check out adverse reactions to jabs. They include deaths"

How many kids have died from the jab?

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

How many kids have had the jab ?

"As of May only three children in the UK have died of/with coronavirus. All had pre-existing conditions.

There is no need to risk a jab"

Since the pandemic started theres been about 30 deaths in children with 20 having underlying conditions with the rest being healthy

Spain, Preston

"As of May only three children in the UK have died of/with coronavirus. All had pre-existing conditions.

Since the pandemic started theres been about 30 deaths in children with 20 having underlying conditions with the rest being healthy"

I don't think there is any evidence for this claim.

I'll go and see what I can find

No, my children will not be vaccinated.

My two adult children have made there on decisions without any encouragement either way from me.

One has chosen to and one has declined.

This strategy isn’t about getting you to believe their lies, it’s about getting you to not believe the truth.

Prehaps. But also for me its that they are still discovering side effects and as my kids aren't old enough to make thay choice for themselves its making me uneasy giving it to them.

I completely get what you arw saying though and like I have said I have the jab myself but deciding that for my kids is another layer of thinking for me. "

I see where you are coming from but all medicine is essentially weighing up risk and benefit.

I wasn’t vaccinated against whooping cough as a child because my parents were concerned about potential side effects for instance. I caught whooping cough and suffered permanent lung damage.

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

"We might never reach herd immunity and if that's the motivation to vaccinate children, it's all wrong imo.

Healthy youngsters don't need a covid vaccine. Instead get vaccines to poorer countries to stop the production of new variants. your last line for me sums it all up."

Yes, it did sum it up too, they dont need it and many doctors are saying the same thing too

By *intage PrincessWoman  over a year ago

Herts

My son has type 1 diabetes and even though he is 15 and has his own mind he knows that I've made my mind up that I want him jabbed as soon as possible.

Spain, Preston

I urGe people to read a report in the Independent of 9 July of three research papers being presented to the government.

They are too large for me to summarise here.

But the take home points seem to be that 25 children have died with/of coronavirus. I don't think any of the reports states what proportion had pre-existing conditions... although the report vaguely states that such conditions are, as in the adult population, a factor. They are a dominant factor among adults and it appears they are also dominant among children.

So, as to how many otherwise healthy children have died of coronavirus well ..you pay your money and take your choice.

Has anyone read the full reports? Would be useful.

The other take home message is that the chance of a child dying from coronavirus is one in 481,000. That figure includes those children with pre-existing conditions...so the chances of a healthy child dying would be far less.

It doesn't seem to me to be worth risking s healthy child's welfare by giving it the jab on this basis

Manchester (she/her)

"My son has type 1 diabetes and even though he is 15 and has his own mind he knows that I've made my mind up that I want him jabbed as soon as possible.

"

I'm glad you have the choice. I wish you both health

They seem to be at high risk of long covid.

I completely get what you arw saying though and like I have said I have the jab myself but deciding that for my kids is another layer of thinking for me. "

Their are side affects to every vaccine and medication.

I completely get what you arw saying though and like I have said I have the jab myself but deciding that for my kids is another layer of thinking for me.

I see where you are coming from but all medicine is essentially weighing up risk and benefit.

I wasn’t vaccinated against whooping cough as a child because my parents were concerned about potential side effects for instance. I caught whooping cough and suffered permanent lung damage."

And thats why I didnt say I *wouldn't * it just isn't as easy a decision as it was for myself.

Spain, Preston

Check out adverse reactions to jabs. They include deaths

How many kids have died from the jab?"

Not many have had it yet, have they?

There is a tiny risk from the vaccines. And a very tiny risk of COVID especially for children and actually for most till they hit the 70 mark , so those children that do die from the vaccine have died needlessly "

I got the HPV vaccine when I was 15 even though I wasn't having sex. Still alive and kicking

There is a tiny risk from the vaccines. And a very tiny risk of COVID especially for children and actually for most till they hit the 70 mark , so those children that do die from the vaccine have died needlessly

I got the HPV vaccine when I was 15 even though I wasn't having sex. Still alive and kicking "

Might have been 14, even. Either way, young enough to giggle and blush when the nurse asked me if there was any chance I was pregnant

By *rofessional ladyWoman  over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

No no no definitely won't allow my son to be vaccinated wake up people and stop reading mainstream news!children have died from the vax and the amount of people suffering from side effect. I have a family member in hospital with a blood clot from AZ jab. For night clubs for double vax by September otherwise no entry and yet I bet come September that will be dropped. Travel the same and yet back track on double vax from Amber countries already. Unless underline medical condition you will all survive covid, I would never put a toxic vax in my body when it will mess with my own immune system. You have to look at real facts. No I'm not 18 - 30 either I just have common sense! Don't believe this pathetic government were controlled by.... I've read comments on here for weeks and shocked by how many think the vax is the onky way out!! Eat healthy and exersise we've had more deaths than Europe because of our unhealthy lifestyles!Your own body is made to fight infection not vax and find different out you become a super spreader or doesn't react to the new varients that keep being made Rant over ???? ?? ??

Manchester (she/her)

"No no no definitely won't allow my son to be vaccinated wake up people and stop reading mainstream news!children have died from the vax and the amount of people suffering from side effect. I have a family member in hospital with a blood clot from AZ jab. For night clubs for double vax by September otherwise no entry and yet I bet come September that will be dropped. Travel the same and yet back track on double vax from Amber countries already. Unless underline medical condition you will all survive covid, I would never put a toxic vax in my body when it will mess with my own immune system. You have to look at real facts. No I'm not 18 - 30 either I just have common sense! Don't believe this pathetic government were controlled by.... I've read comments on here for weeks and shocked by how many think the vax is the onky way out!! Eat healthy and exersise we've had more deaths than Europe because of our unhealthy lifestyles!Your own body is made to fight infection not vax and find different out you become a super spreader or doesn't react to the new varients that keep being made Rant over ???? ?? ?? "

It's good you get to choose.

It's good that other people get to choose in a way that's different to you

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"Will children need to be vaccinated to go on holiday(abroad)"

It depends on their age and country they wish to go to. Some countries those aged 12-17 cannot enter without proof of a vaccine

On a mooch

If it ever gets offered (which I doubt) it will be a discussion we have and he can make his own choice whether to or not.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

There is a tiny risk from the vaccines. "

The risk to children from catching Covid is minuscule but the risk from the vaccine is tiny... , I’m not sure we know if tiny or minuscule is the smallest number... we need more data in order to demonstrate the risk benefit ratio. I am pro vaccine but I am not comfortable with the notion of exposing children to the risk even a tiny one, for which the benefit is for others not the child.

teleford

"No no no definitely won't allow my son to be vaccinated wake up people and stop reading mainstream news!children have died from the vax and the amount of people suffering from side effect. I have a family member in hospital with a blood clot from AZ jab. For night clubs for double vax by September otherwise no entry and yet I bet come September that will be dropped. Travel the same and yet back track on double vax from Amber countries already. Unless underline medical condition you will all survive covid, I would never put a toxic vax in my body when it will mess with my own immune system. You have to look at real facts. No I'm not 18 - 30 either I just have common sense! Don't believe this pathetic government were controlled by.... I've read comments on here for weeks and shocked by how many think the vax is the onky way out!! Eat healthy and exersise we've had more deaths than Europe because of our unhealthy lifestyles!Your own body is made to fight infection not vax and find different out you become a super spreader or doesn't react to the new varients that keep being made Rant over ???? ?? ?? "

Viruses evolve to evade your bodies immune system, especially immune systems not previously exposed to a similar virus. Around the world thousands of people die avoidable deaths everyday from many different infections when their bodies immune system failed to identify and counter quickly enough. You lack common sense and you don’t understand or choose to ignore the facts. You are right about the importance of diet and lifestyle though

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

And how would you feel if they caught covid?"

My grandchildren caught it.

By *ir-spunk-alotMan  over a year ago

south coast

"There is a forum thread where you can post these questions.

#fedupwithcovid"

Why click on the covid forum if you are fed up with Covid?

The South

After reading that rant I'm most amused by the "You have to look at real facts" comment.

E

By *ohnj21Man  over a year ago

Leeds

"No no no definitely won't allow my son to be vaccinated wake up people and stop reading mainstream news!children have died from the vax and the amount of people suffering from side effect. I have a family member in hospital with a blood clot from AZ jab. For night clubs for double vax by September otherwise no entry and yet I bet come September that will be dropped. Travel the same and yet back track on double vax from Amber countries already. Unless underline medical condition you will all survive covid, I would never put a toxic vax in my body when it will mess with my own immune system. You have to look at real facts. No I'm not 18 - 30 either I just have common sense! Don't believe this pathetic government were controlled by.... I've read comments on here for weeks and shocked by how many think the vax is the onky way out!! Eat healthy and exersise we've had more deaths than Europe because of our unhealthy lifestyles!Your own body is made to fight infection not vax and find different out you become a super spreader or doesn't react to the new varients that keep being made Rant over ???? ?? ??

After reading that rant I'm most amused by the "You have to look at real facts" comment.

E"

Im not an antivaxer. I took janmbs as really didn't have choice.

Children no no no. However much I want herd immunity I woukd never give a child these vaccines..

Adults can die from covid so vaccine there choice.

Children no no as risk doesn't support it

Can't imagine any parent would give there child this vaccine

By *arklong88Man  over a year ago

north Wales

Total madness

By *urplechesterCouple  over a year ago

chester

My children will most definitely NOT be getting it, Miss PC

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It depends on the evidence and my childrens' opinions but I would advise towards vaccination, notwithstanding issues, to enable a stronger national defence against the virus.

It's restrictions or vaccines that we have to fight this. Achieving herd immunity via millions of infections is a myopic, callous idea, imposing lifelong disability on many and potential deaths too.

Disability caused today by covid, could be the foundation of a future cause of death from something else, so imposing such a burden on a single person is heartless, especially with a trite superficial thought that kids are strong and healthy, they would fight it off. The next in the chain of transmission may not be as fortunate.

Frimley

There is no need to risk a jab"

Shouldn’t waste money on those polio vaccines either eh? No one gets that shit anymore so why bother?

By *LiamMan  over a year ago

Midlands

Not a chance.

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

Its a false question, many kids will already be immune as they will have had it and were asymptomatic.

So actually we are closer to herd immunity than the vaccination figures alone can suggest.

Also you have to be consistent, I am a great advocate of following the science and the maths.

The maths say that the risk of death or serious health conditions are higher in the over 18's.

Wereas under 18's get away with almost no issues (baring those with other prior medical complecations).

All medical interventions come with a risk so you have to balance that with the risk of infection.

Data from the first 12 months of the pandemic in England shows 25 under-18s died from Covid, putting the overall risk of death at around two in a million children.”

So if the risk of death from the vacinne is greater than 2 in a million then maths says you risk the disease.

This is why science is not jumping the gun on vaccinating children, it's about cold hard numbers.

The risk to adults of death or serious illness is greater without the vaccine for children it is not and until the science and the numbers change them why would we vaccinate children, unless they are particularly vulnerable or a new generation of vaccines has better outcomes with lower risks.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I don't feel that we really should be vaccinating children, but if not, I wonder if they will be treated with the same stigma that adults who have chosen not to take the vaccine are treated with.

Adults are being told to do it for their society etc but a child could spread it just as much as an adult.

An unvaccinated child may be seen as more dangerous than an unvaccinated adult, as the child is more likely to be asymptomatic and therefore not know that they are carrying it and could then spread it.

I don't know what the answer is but these are are points that spring to mind.

So possibly it will end up with the same social pressures put on parents to get their children vaccinated as is on unvaccinated adults currently.

In your bed

"I don't feel that we really should be vaccinating children, but if not, I wonder if they will be treated with the same stigma that adults who have chosen not to take the vaccine are treated with.

Adults are being told to do it for their society etc but a child could spread it just as much as an adult.

An unvaccinated child may be seen as more dangerous than an unvaccinated adult, as the child is more likely to be asymptomatic and therefore not know that they are carrying it and could then spread it.

So possibly it will end up with the same social pressures put on parents to get their children vaccinated as is on unvaccinated adults currently."

But this would be a misunderstanding of vaccines, as far as I am aware there is little to no evidence that a vaccine will provide more or longer immunity than the disease.

As many kids have had the disease they are by defacto vaccinated.

Happy to see evidence to the contrary but this is why kids being vaccinated is not a slam dunk for science.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

According to Mike Yeadon, Children are 50 times more likely to die from the vac than from the disease. It's insane to put experimental drugs into children for disease that does not affect them. These drugs are neither necessary or safe for children. "

Since the start of the pandemic pretty much 100% of what Yeadon has said has turned out to be wrong. So he is probably wrong about this too. Children under 14 have about 2 in a million chance of dying from covid and a 1 in 50000 of being hospitalized. The numbers don't overwhelmingly point to vaccinating children.

The South

Shouldn’t waste money on those polio vaccines either eh? No one gets that shit anymore so why bother?"

It's like vaccines were only invented a few months ago.

What on earth do people think happened to measles, mumps, rubella, polio, smallpox?

Did the nasty lurgy fairy wave her wand and make them disappear?

E

Weymouth

According to Mike Yeadon, Children are 50 times more likely to die from the vac than from the disease. It's insane to put experimental drugs into children for disease that does not affect them. These drugs are neither necessary or safe for children.

Since the start of the pandemic pretty much 100% of what Yeadon has said has turned out to be wrong. So he is probably wrong about this too. Children under 14 have about 2 in a million chance of dying from covid and a 1 in 50000 of being hospitalized. The numbers don't overwhelmingly point to vaccinating children."

Re long Covid and just ( yesterday)from the Lancet: this study will cause a lot of ripples - I urge you to read it. Worrying cognitive deficits in people who have had Covid

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/eclinm/article/PIIS2589-5370(21)00324-2/fulltext

north Wales

The CDC figures have it that girls under 18 are more likely to die from vaccine than covid..it's not saying vaccine is dangerous,just that covid isn't dangerous for that age group.

Frimley

"The CDC figures have it that girls under 18 are more likely to die from vaccine than covid..it's not saying vaccine is dangerous,just that covid isn't dangerous for that age group."

Nope. That is not true. Covid is dangerous for every group. Just different degrees of it. But a vaccine isn’t just about protecting you, it’s about protecting others too. People with vaccines are likely to destroy the virus or it’s ability to transmit much faster. This is not just about the individual. Anyone with half a bit of sense understands this

"I don't feel that we really should be vaccinating children, but if not, I wonder if they will be treated with the same stigma that adults who have chosen not to take the vaccine are treated with.

So possibly it will end up with the same social pressures put on parents to get their children vaccinated as is on unvaccinated adults currently."

We don’t punish children for the sins that of the parents.

Adults who choose not to vaccinate themselves (other than those advised not to by clinicians) are factually challenged, their children are just unlucky.

north Wales

"The CDC figures have it that girls under 18 are more likely to die from vaccine than covid..it's not saying vaccine is dangerous,just that covid isn't dangerous for that age group.

Nope. That is not true. Covid is dangerous for every group. Just different degrees of it. But a vaccine isn’t just about protecting you, it’s about protecting others too. People with vaccines are likely to destroy the virus or it’s ability to transmit much faster. This is not just about the individual. Anyone with half a bit of sense understands this "

I disagree,covid isn't anywhere near as dangerous for under 18s.

And their own immune system'destroys' the virus as good as the vaccine

Mine are 15 13 and 10

If they are ever offered they can decide for themselves

Frimley

"The CDC figures have it that girls under 18 are more likely to die from vaccine than covid..it's not saying vaccine is dangerous,just that covid isn't dangerous for that age group.

Nope. That is not true. Covid is dangerous for every group. Just different degrees of it. But a vaccine isn’t just about protecting you, it’s about protecting others too. People with vaccines are likely to destroy the virus or it’s ability to transmit much faster. This is not just about the individual. Anyone with half a bit of sense understands this

And their own immune system'destroys' the virus as good as the vaccine"

How can you disagree when I said it is different for each group and you then say it’s not as dangerous? Yes, you’re right! It’s not AS dangerous lol. Precisely following what I mentioned. So you do agree. 90 year olds are more at risk. Does not mean 18 year olds shouldn’t give a shit. The virus has killed people of all ages. Don’t be naive to think it’s not dangerous for everyone. That’s pure inane thinking. As is your second point. You can disagree all you like, but you’re 100% incorrect about the second point.

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

The herd immunity threshold for delta covid is likely to be as high as 90% of the total population (inc children) needing to be vaxxed.

Unfortunately we have 1 in 10 i.e. 10% of the adult population who can have the vaccine refusing it (the % who can't have the vaccine for genuine medical reasons signed off by thier GPA is way below 1%).

So either we continue with implementing restrictions on the unvaxxed like what Boris is planning from September in the hopes with can get those 1 in 10 people to change thier mind and get vaccinated. If that fails we have to look at vaccinating children instead to meet the vaccine herd immunity thresholds.

Or we let the virus run riot for the next 6 months until all the vunerable and non vunerable have been infected and those who would die or develop acute covid or long covid do so. The current government policy is geared firmly towards this. At some point we will reach herd immunity via a combination of the vaccinated and the natural immunity built across the whole population.

That's simply the reality of the choices ahead of us as a nation.

KJ

"talking this morning that children in big numbers will need to be vaxed to reach herd immunity. comments on social media platforms of many parents who wouldn't dream of vaccinating their child asking where has the regular immune system gone to fighting viruses. question being, would you vax your child with the C19 jab?

The herd immunity threshold for delta covid is likely to be as high as 90% of the total population (inc children) needing to be vaxxed.

Unfortunately we have 1 in 10 i.e. 10% of the adult population who can have the vaccine refusing it (the % who can't have the vaccine for genuine medical reasons signed off by thier GPA is way below 1%).

So either we continue with implementing restrictions on the unvaxxed like what Boris is planning from September in the hopes with can get those 1 in 10 people to change thier mind and get vaccinated. If that fails we have to look at vaccinating children instead to meet the vaccine herd immunity thresholds.

Or we let the virus run riot for the next 6 months until all the vunerable and non vunerable have been infected and those who would die or develop acute covid or long covid do so. The current government policy is geared firmly towards this. At some point we will reach herd immunity via a combination of the vaccinated and the natural immunity built across the whole population.

That's simply the reality of the choices ahead of us as a nation.

KJ"

Why should children have to be vaccinated though, because a small number of adults can't be arsed to get vaccinated themselves?? Seems a bit daft to place the onus on the kids because some adults are irresponsible

By *rufinWoman  over a year ago

notts

I'd ask my teen to consider getting a vaccine but honestly not sure about younger child. Probably would but would be a bit fingers crossed.

"I'd ask my teen to consider getting a vaccine but honestly not sure about younger child. Probably would but would be a bit fingers crossed."

My understanding is its being considered in the over 12's mostly and clinically vulnerable children under 12.

teleford

How can you disagree when I said it is different for each group and you then say it’s not as dangerous? Yes, you’re right! It’s not AS dangerous lol. Precisely following what I mentioned. So you do agree. 90 year olds are more at risk. Does not mean 18 year olds shouldn’t give a shit. The virus has killed people of all ages. Don’t be naive to think it’s not dangerous for everyone. That’s pure inane thinking. As is your second point. You can disagree all you like, but you’re 100% incorrect about the second point."

I believe there have been just 25 under 18s who have died with Covid in the uk. Some if not all of these will have had serious underlying conditions. Risk of serious illness due to Covid in a healthy child is virtually zero. Vaccines are very safe but the risk is still above zero. Covid vaccine for under 18s will almost certainly cause more harm to that group than they will mitigate.

Manchester (she/her)

"I'd ask my teen to consider getting a vaccine but honestly not sure about younger child. Probably would but would be a bit fingers crossed.

My understanding is its being considered in the over 12's mostly and clinically vulnerable children under 12. "

The trial has been done down to 12 - below 12 is ongoing.

In the UK it's been approved down to 12, and is being rolled out for those who are clinically vulnerable or have clinically vulnerable relatives (plus those 17 years nine months and older).

"I'd ask my teen to consider getting a vaccine but honestly not sure about younger child. Probably would but would be a bit fingers crossed.

My understanding is its being considered in the over 12's mostly and clinically vulnerable children under 12.

In the UK it's been approved down to 12, and is being rolled out for those who are clinically vulnerable or have clinically vulnerable relatives (plus those 17 years nine months and older)."

I knew they had started vaccinating some 17 year olds who are otherwise healthy.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

How can you disagree when I said it is different for each group and you then say it’s not as dangerous? Yes, you’re right! It’s not AS dangerous lol. Precisely following what I mentioned. So you do agree. 90 year olds are more at risk. Does not mean 18 year olds shouldn’t give a shit. The virus has killed people of all ages. Don’t be naive to think it’s not dangerous for everyone. That’s pure inane thinking. As is your second point. You can disagree all you like, but you’re 100% incorrect about the second point.

I believe there have been just 25 under 18s who have died with Covid in the uk. Some if not all of these will have had serious underlying conditions. Risk of serious illness due to Covid in a healthy child is virtually zero. Vaccines are very safe but the risk is still above zero. Covid vaccine for under 18s will almost certainly cause more harm to that group than they will mitigate."

As of last week 19 children under 14 have died of covid. I think it's probably wise to vaccinate 16 and 17 year old especially those going to university later this week.

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Children are virtually immune to it and when they get sick it is usually mild. Virtually no healthy child has died from it and the ones who did had underlying health issues.

Statically the chance of death is virtually zero.

One look at the amount of deaths and adverse reactions on the reporting systems should make it a no brainer as to the risk benefit ratio.

Neither of my children will have it. If it's made mandatory I'm prepared to spend every cent I own in court to keep it from happening.

Manchester (she/her)

In the UK it's been approved down to 12, and is being rolled out for those who are clinically vulnerable or have clinically vulnerable relatives (plus those 17 years nine months and older).

I knew they had started vaccinating some 17 year olds who are otherwise healthy. "

Yes, sort of ramping up to being 18, I think is the idea

"Children are virtually immune to it and when they get sick it is usually mild. Virtually no healthy child has died from it and the ones who did had underlying health issues.

One look at the amount of deaths and adverse reactions on the reporting systems should make it a no brainer as to the risk benefit ratio.

Neither of my children will have it. If it's made mandatory I'm prepared to spend every cent I own in court to keep it from happening."

You are aware the reporting system is self reporting and not confirmed reactions to any vaccine right?

Nobody is talking about mandatory vaccinations even for adults so I think it's a bit dramatic suggesting it will be mandatory for children.

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Our children are adults and were both really pleased when able to get their first covid jab.

If I had children under 18 who were offered vaccine, I would actively encourage them to have it if they were old enough to discuss it, or take them for it if not. I am very pro-vaccination in general, as I think it's important for children and adults to have all vaccinations made available. It not only protects them but others too.

By *razytimesinloveCouple  over a year ago

SW Scotland

"Children are virtually immune to it and when they get sick it is usually mild. Virtually no healthy child has died from it and the ones who did had underlying health issues.

Neither of my children will have it. If it's made mandatory I'm prepared to spend every cent I own in court to keep it from happening.

You are aware the reporting system is self reporting and not confirmed reactions to any vaccine right?

Nobody is talking about mandatory vaccinations even for adults so I think it's a bit dramatic suggesting it will be mandatory for children. "

It’s not at that stage yet but is closer by the day.

I won’t be making my children get the vaccine, I will be their own decision.

Nobody is talking about mandatory vaccinations even for adults so I think it's a bit dramatic suggesting it will be mandatory for children.

I won’t be making my children get the vaccine, I will be their own decision. "

Can you tell me how we are even close to mandatory vaccinations?

"It depends on the evidence and my childrens' opinions but I would advise towards vaccination, notwithstanding issues, to enable a stronger national defence against the virus.

It's restrictions or vaccines that we have to fight this. Achieving herd immunity via millions of infections is a myopic, callous idea, imposing lifelong disability on many and potential deaths too.

Disability caused today by covid, could be the foundation of a future cause of death from something else, so imposing such a burden on a single person is heartless, especially with a trite superficial thought that kids are strong and healthy, they would fight it off. The next in the chain of transmission may not be as fortunate. "

The South

Neither of my children will have it. If it's made mandatory I'm prepared to spend every cent I own in court to keep it from happening."

Hope you've got deep pockets.....

Not that we're remotely close to mandatory vaccines.

It's easy to rebel against something that's not happening.

E

I believe there have been just 25 under 18s who have died with Covid in the uk. Some if not all of these will have had serious underlying conditions. Risk of serious illness due to Covid in a healthy child is virtually zero. Vaccines are very safe but the risk is still above zero. Covid vaccine for under 18s will almost certainly cause more harm to that group than they will mitigate."

I disagree.

1,500 children where admitted to hospital between March 2020 and March 2021 to be treated for covid and currently around 23,000 children have received medical support for long covid.

Yes the risks are minimal however they are all so not zero.

By *iss SinWoman  over a year ago

portchester

This is scary. What is going on with this world? Leave the children alone

The South

"This is scary. What is going on with this world? Leave the children alone "

Good idea. Let's not vaccinate children against measles, mumps, rubella, TB, smallpox, polio.

That'll protect them eh.

E

Scunthorpe

Why is is scary for you?

Vaccination is a very important and safe way to reduce deaths and long term health problems.

Out of interest. If you have children, did you ensure that they had all their childhood vaccinations?

Why is it scary?

We give vaccinations to children all the time.

Also the 23,000 children in the UK that have long covid may well not have to suffer if a vaccine was available.

portchester

"This is scary. What is going on with this world? Leave the children alone

Why is it scary?

Also the 23,000 children in the UK that have long covid may well not have to suffer if a vaccine was available.

"

They have not had a life yet and long term effects are not known. No parent can surely agree to this. We give vaccines that have been around for a long time so have proven to be safe

portchester

Good idea. Let's not vaccinate children against measles, mumps, rubella, TB, smallpox, polio.

That'll protect them eh.

E

"

My son has had those as they are well established

The South

That'll protect them eh.

E

My son has had those as they are well established"

How long do you think a vaccine needs to be in use before it's "Well established"

E

Why is it scary?

They have not had a life yet and long term effects are not known. No parent can surely agree to this. We give vaccines that have been around for a long time so have proven to be safe"

But they haven't always been around for a long time and thankfully parents didn't have the same attitude as some do now otherwise we wouldn't have any well established vaccines for children.

All so we gave children the swine flu vaccine that was developed within 18 months and no one had a problem with that.

[Removed by poster at 23/07/21 21:44:11]

portchester

That'll protect them eh.

E

How long do you think a vaccine needs to be in use before it's "Well established"

E"

At least 5 years

Scunthorpe

Why is it scary?

They have not had a life yet and long term effects are not known. No parent can surely agree to this. We give vaccines that have been around for a long time so have proven to be safe"

All vaccines are new at some point. These have probably had more testing and scrutiny tbanmany, given the importance of steming the pandemic.

Personally, as a parent I consider the risk of not vaccinating to be higher, but respect others choices.

SW Scotland

Can you tell me how we are even close to mandatory vaccinations?"

Key workers in some sectors in Scotland will have to be double jabbed to allow them back to work by now isolating. Announced today

That'll protect them eh.

E

E

At least 5 years "

And how many children have to suffer long covid for that to happen and allso we would have to do trials in children so it's obvious that you want other people and other people's children to take the risk.

portchester

"[Removed by poster at 23/07/21 21:44:11]"

I think you would have a different outlook if you had a child

Key workers in some sectors in Scotland will have to be double jabbed to allow them back to work by now isolating. Announced today"

OK But people that have had been double vaccinated or not been forced to be vaccinated they just have to isolate for 10 days so again how is that mandatory vaccination?

"[Removed by poster at 23/07/21 21:44:11]

I think you would have a different outlook if you had a child "

You have no what my situation is so dont make assumptions.

All so why have you not challenged the many parents on this thread that have said they would give their children the vaccine?

The South

I think you would have a different outlook if you had a child "

I have children, thankfully old enough to make their own choices.

When they were much younger I had no hesitation in getting them any and every form of medical protection I could.

I don't see how any parent can think any differently about the welfare of their children.

E

I have children, thankfully old enough to make their own choices.

When they were much younger I had no hesitation in getting them any and every form of medical protection I could.

I don't see how any parent can think any differently about the welfare of their children.

E"

portchester

All so why have you not challenged the many parents on this thread that have said they would give their children the vaccine?"

I’m not here to challenge anyone I just said it was a scary thought. When you are a parent it is hard to know want to do for the best but I don’t see why children should be rushed to have this.’my son is not old enough to decide himself

The South

All so why have you not challenged the many parents on this thread that have said they would give their children the vaccine?

I’m not here to challenge anyone I just said it was a scary thought. When you are a parent it is hard to know want to do for the best but I don’t see why children should be rushed to have this.’my son is not old enough to decide himself "

You knew what to do for the best for the other vaccinations your children have had.

What research did you do about testing, licensing, fatalities and side effects of those vaccines before allowing them to be administered to your children?

E

I’m not here to challenge anyone I just said it was a scary thought. When you are a parent it is hard to know want to do for the best but I don’t see why children should be rushed to have this.’my son is not old enough to decide himself "

You challenged me when you brought up the fact you didn't think I had children. Again you have no idea whether I have had children or not or what my situation is so please don't make assumptions.

SW Scotland

Key workers in some sectors in Scotland will have to be double jabbed to allow them back to work by now isolating. Announced today

OK But people that have had been double vaccinated or not been forced to be vaccinated they just have to isolate for 10 days so again how is that mandatory vaccination?"

If people want to go back to work sooner, they have to be vaccinated.

Scunthorpe

I understand that many parents are unsure what is best for their children and you can only do what you think is right.

It wouldn't be my decision, I always ensured ours got every vaccination available. In fact my (trans) son was shocked by how many parents refused to allow their daughters to have the HPV jab. He made his own decision and was at the front of the queue.

However,thankfully we're all different and have the right to choose.

Austria, France, Italy, Germany, Estonia, Spain, Hungary, Lithuania, Israel and the US are just some of the countries that have been vaccinating children over 12.

OK But people that have had been double vaccinated or not been forced to be vaccinated they just have to isolate for 10 days so again how is that mandatory vaccination?

If people want to go back to work sooner, they have to be vaccinated. "

Yes but hardly mandatory.

The South

Your son is not old enough to decide for himself.

That's youre job as a responsible adult, his parent, his guardian, his protector.

E

Manchester (she/her)

If people want to go back to work sooner, they have to be vaccinated. "

That's not what mandatory means. Mandatory in this context means do it or face the criminal justice system.

If you don't have the vaccine, you have extra hurdles to jump through. That's just choices having consequences.

portchester

I’m not here to challenge anyone I just said it was a scary thought. When you are a parent it is hard to know want to do for the best but I don’t see why children should be rushed to have this.’my son is not old enough to decide himself

You challenged me when you brought up the fact you didn't think I had children. Again you have no idea whether I have had children or not or what my situation is so please don't make assumptions. "

Wasn’t meant in a bad way and you’ve said before you don’t have children

By *0shadesOfFilthMan  over a year ago

nearby

Beggars belief people are arguing over vaccinating kids, when same kids in uk are amongst the most obese in the europe because their parents can’t feed them properly.

"Beggars belief people are arguing over vaccinating kids, when same kids in uk are amongst the most obese in the europe because their parents can’t feed them properly. "

Thats not even comparable.

You challenged me when you brought up the fact you didn't think I had children. Again you have no idea whether I have had children or not or what my situation is so please don't make assumptions.

Wasn’t meant in a bad way and you’ve said before you don’t have children"

I just find it interesting that there were lots of people who stated they did have children and said the same as me but it was my post you chose to comment on.

It's a choice and people Should be able to choose to have their children vaccinated without being told they should leave the children alone!

portchester

It is just my opinion others have disagreed and that is ok

By *ustforfun49Man  over a year ago

chesterfield

At the beginning they said it would not affect young adults but now everyone who is 40 and above as had the vaccine the younger adults are catching it show when they have all had the vaccine will it start to affect the the children and those under 18.

i fully agree, children are at more risk of harm when crossing the road or playing football than covid has. Most of them probably already had it months ago and didn’t even know it. There is absolutely no need whatsoever for any child to be given the vaccine; it’s totally unnecessary. I hope that grown adults don’t view innocent children as being a danger to society.

The South

There is a tiny risk from the vaccines. And a very tiny risk of COVID especially for children and actually for most till they hit the 70 mark , so those children that do die from the vaccine have died needlessly i fully agree, children are at more risk of harm when crossing the road or playing football than covid has. Most of them probably already had it months ago and didn’t even know it. There is absolutely no need whatsoever for any child to be given the vaccine; it’s totally unnecessary. I hope that grown adults don’t view innocent children as being a danger to society."

Children ate more at risk when crossing the road or playing football than they are of getting measles, mumps, rubella, TB, polio, smallpox.

Best we stop vaccinating against them too.

E

By *ubElleWoman  over a year ago

milton keynes

Absolutely, my youngest child falls into on of the 4 groups that they are looking at vaccinations for children over 6 months. He’ll have it as soon as possible, his siblings too. He’s got the complex medical needs that means colds turns into serious bronchiolitis and hospital admission, he already gets multiple vaccinations for flu/RSV every year. Getting a cold/the flu/covid could well kill him so yep, he’ll get the vaccine as soon as he’s offered it (they’re hoping for this autumn)

If it were just my older son who doesn’t have complex needs then I’m less sure, but probably if he were offered it as vaccines are about protection for others not just protection for yourself.

When there's at least 20+ years of data on the long term effects of the vaccine then I'll consider letting my kids have it. Until then. No. They won't be vaccinated as I don't deem covid to be life threatening to them.

"When there's at least 20+ years of data on the long term effects of the vaccine then I'll consider letting my kids have it. Until then. No. They won't be vaccinated as I don't deem covid to be life threatening to them. "

Same

WHO states “ So far, data suggests that children under the age of 18 years represent about 8.5% of reported cases, with relatively few deaths compared to other age groups and usually mild disease”. That’s good enough for me. Fortunately my children don’t have any underlying health conditions so I’m happy to sit tight.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I rang my doctors to find out when my youngest (15) will be able to have the vaccine as she falls into one of the new categories for under 18s to have it. We have been told September and she will be having it then.

Manchester (she/her)

"I rang my doctors to find out when my youngest (15) will be able to have the vaccine as she falls into one of the new categories for under 18s to have it. We have been told September and she will be having it then."

I hope she stays safe

"When there's at least 20+ years of data on the long term effects of the vaccine then I'll consider letting my kids have it. Until then. No. They won't be vaccinated as I don't deem covid to be life threatening to them.

Same

WHO states “ So far, data suggests that children under the age of 18 years represent about 8.5% of reported cases, with relatively few deaths compared to other age groups and usually mild disease”. That’s good enough for me. Fortunately my children don’t have any underlying health conditions so I’m happy to sit tight. "

This is the attitudes that I find interesting.

For there to be 20 years of data on the long term side effects in children people want other people to take the risks with their children so they don't have to take it with their own.

"When there's at least 20+ years of data on the long term effects of the vaccine then I'll consider letting my kids have it. Until then. No. They won't be vaccinated as I don't deem covid to be life threatening to them.

Same

WHO states “ So far, data suggests that children under the age of 18 years represent about 8.5% of reported cases, with relatively few deaths compared to other age groups and usually mild disease”. That’s good enough for me. Fortunately my children don’t have any underlying health conditions so I’m happy to sit tight.

For there to be 20 years of data on the long term side effects in children people want other people to take the risks with their children so they don't have to take it with their own."

I didn't say I wanted it tested on kids!!! I said I want proper tested data so that informed decisions can be made. I don't see how anyone can know the long term effects of any of the vaccinations. I'm not prepared to let my kids be experimented on. Others can do what is right for them. I'm not judging their decisions.

Same

For there to be 20 years of data on the long term side effects in children people want other people to take the risks with their children so they don't have to take it with their own."

There will be plenty of data, just read the comments above with all the people saying they want their children to be vaccinated. So yes, they are taking the risks and yes, I won’t be taking it. That’s their choice though

By *ancy38Woman  over a year ago

galway

They will force you to have your kids vaccanted. No vaccine, no school! Bill Gates said at the start of all this, we all won't have a choice. In a few years it'll all come down to, no vaccine, not allowed to partake in society!

By *dysseusukMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

YES, YES, YES. Delta variant around the world affecting more younger people inc children, and younger people and children equally at risk of long covid.

By *ancy38Woman  over a year ago

galway

There will be legal battles about this in years to come and whoever stumps up the most money will win.

"They will force you to have your kids vaccanted. No vaccine, no school! Bill Gates said at the start of all this, we all won't have a choice. In a few years it'll all come down to, no vaccine, not allowed to partake in society! "

Then I’ll home school

Same

For there to be 20 years of data on the long term side effects in children people want other people to take the risks with their children so they don't have to take it with their own.

I didn't say I wanted it tested on kids!!! I said I want proper tested data so that informed decisions can be made. I don't see how anyone can know the long term effects of any of the vaccinations. I'm not prepared to let my kids be experimented on. Others can do what is right for them. I'm not judging their decisions. "

But for there to be data on long term side effects in children it has to be given to children to know that.

We know with the flu vaccine for example, There are different side effects depending on the age group of the person receiving the vaccine which is why there are different vaccines for children, Under 65's and those of 65.

"They will force you to have your kids vaccanted. No vaccine, no school! Bill Gates said at the start of all this, we all won't have a choice. In a few years it'll all come down to, no vaccine, not allowed to partake in society! "

Many many countries including the USA have been doing this for years.

Manchester (she/her)

"They will force you to have your kids vaccanted. No vaccine, no school! Bill Gates said at the start of all this, we all won't have a choice. In a few years it'll all come down to, no vaccine, not allowed to partake in society!

Many many countries including the USA have been doing this for years. "

Australia calls it "no jab, no play", because they have to make everything cute

Same

I didn't say I wanted it tested on kids!!! I said I want proper tested data so that informed decisions can be made. I don't see how anyone can know the long term effects of any of the vaccinations. I'm not prepared to let my kids be experimented on. Others can do what is right for them. I'm not judging their decisions.

But for there to be data on long term side effects in children it has to be given to children to know that.

We know with the flu vaccine for example, There are different side effects depending on the age group of the person receiving the vaccine which is why there are different vaccines for children, Under 65's and those of 65."

Well seems there are plenty willing to get their kids vaccinated. I'm not expecting them to do it for me though. That's their decision. Just like I've made mine.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Healthy youngsters don't need a covid vaccine. Instead get vaccines to poorer countries to stop the production of new variants. "

I some what agree with you but India is a poor country and is the biggest producer of the vaccine children's immune system are very active which have the ability to produce antibodies obviously depending on lifestyle

Same

We know with the flu vaccine for example, There are different side effects depending on the age group of the person receiving the vaccine which is why there are different vaccines for children, Under 65's and those of 65.

Well seems there are plenty willing to get their kids vaccinated. I'm not expecting them to do it for me though. That's their decision. Just like I've made mine. "

Plenty

Chelmsford

Same

I didn't say I wanted it tested on kids!!! I said I want proper tested data so that informed decisions can be made. I don't see how anyone can know the long term effects of any of the vaccinations. I'm not prepared to let my kids be experimented on. Others can do what is right for them. I'm not judging their decisions. "

If we waited for the long term impact, we wouldn't have any of the medicines we have today, including antibiotics. Everything in life has a risk; but clinical trials are as rigorous and robust. Millions of people have now taken the vaccine now so there is nothing experimental about the vaccines anymore - there is real life evidence it works. We can all make our judgements, and take our chances in life. Even though kids are at less risk of serious disease, DELTA is affecting more younger people now, and for me putting my son at risk of ill health from catching COVID or transmitting to his grandparents or other vulnerable people is far too scary and risky when compared with the risk of the vaccine which is tiny. I can't imagine how i would feel if he did get ill from COVID or transmitted to one of my parents, and that risk feels more more real and vivid than the risk of the vaccine having an adverse reaction.

"They will force you to have your kids vaccanted. No vaccine, no school! Bill Gates said at the start of all this, we all won't have a choice. In a few years it'll all come down to, no vaccine, not allowed to partake in society!

Then I’ll home school "

I already home school. My daughter will still be having the vaccine as soon as they allow it for her.

Same

If we waited for the long term impact, we wouldn't have any of the medicines we have today, including antibiotics. Everything in life has a risk; but clinical trials are as rigorous and robust. Millions of people have now taken the vaccine now so there is nothing experimental about the vaccines anymore - there is real life evidence it works. We can all make our judgements, and take our chances in life. Even though kids are at less risk of serious disease, DELTA is affecting more younger people now, and for me putting my son at risk of ill health from catching COVID or transmitting to his grandparents or other vulnerable people is far too scary and risky when compared with the risk of the vaccine which is tiny. I can't imagine how i would feel if he did get ill from COVID or transmitted to one of my parents, and that risk feels more more real and vivid than the risk of the vaccine having an adverse reaction."

So you know what the long term effects are?... no because nobody does. Many are obviously prepared to take the risk with the vaccine and have come to the conclusion that covid is a greater risk. I'm simply saying I see covid as not that big a risk to my kids so won't be risking the vaccine on them. I'm not worried about an adverse reaction or temporary side effects, it's the long term unknown that concerns me. Apparently according to some, I don't have the right to be cautious over this. That's worrying.

Then I’ll home school I already home school. My daughter will still be having the vaccine as soon as they allow it for her."

Good for you

"

We know with the flu vaccine for example, There are different side effects depending on the age group of the person receiving the vaccine which is why there are different vaccines for children, Under 65's and those of 65."

The flu vaccine given to the elderly is different because since their immune response if lower than a young persons, the vaccine has to give the body a kick-in-the-side to get noticed; that vaccine in the 'Adjuvanted Trivalent Inactivated Influenza Vaccine'. The flu vaccine given to 6-month to 2-years, children at risk, is the Quadrivalent Influenza Vaccine. For the 2-year to 11-year group, the vaccine is the Live Attenuated Influenza Vaccine in nasal-spray formulation. For 9-year to-64-years there is the Quadrivalent Influenza vaccine, in various formulations (egg-based/human-cell-based/etc.

This is a simplified list, as all vaccines are varied depending on the patient history/illness. the variation in vaccines is not because of side effects, unless you are referring to different effects on different age immune systems. the common side effects are arm-ache and headache, with occasionally a fever. Just saying.

Same

If we waited for the long term impact, we wouldn't have any of the medicines we have today, including antibiotics. Everything in life has a risk; but clinical trials are as rigorous and robust. Millions of people have now taken the vaccine now so there is nothing experimental about the vaccines anymore - there is real life evidence it works. We can all make our judgements, and take our chances in life. Even though kids are at less risk of serious disease, DELTA is affecting more younger people now, and for me putting my son at risk of ill health from catching COVID or transmitting to his grandparents or other vulnerable people is far too scary and risky when compared with the risk of the vaccine which is tiny. I can't imagine how i would feel if he did get ill from COVID or transmitted to one of my parents, and that risk feels more more real and vivid than the risk of the vaccine having an adverse reaction.

So you know what the long term effects are?... no because nobody does. Many are obviously prepared to take the risk with the vaccine and have come to the conclusion that covid is a greater risk. I'm simply saying I see covid as not that big a risk to my kids so won't be risking the vaccine on them. I'm not worried about an adverse reaction or temporary side effects, it's the long term unknown that concerns me. Apparently according to some, I don't have the right to be cautious over this. That's worrying. "

Look at what happened long term with the swine flu vaccine and the narcolepsy court cases.

They didn’t expect that as a long term complication

On a mooch

Simply each family will make their own choice whether to vaccinate their children (if we get to that stage) based on their own individual circumstances. No one else will make that decision but them and the child concerned

Manchester (she/her)

I find it incredible - but not desperately surprising - that something that is an option being offered to the vulnerable has devolved into why vaccination shouldn't be compulsory or why it's not important in kids.

So, don't take the option. Or, if it hasn't been offered, don't worry about it. *shrug*

"I find it incredible - but not desperately surprising - that something that is an option being offered to the vulnerable has devolved into why vaccination shouldn't be compulsory or why it's not important in kids.

So, don't take the option. Or, if it hasn't been offered, don't worry about it. *shrug*"

The OP was about vaccinating all children though. That's why we're discussing it

Manchester (she/her)

"I find it incredible - but not desperately surprising - that something that is an option being offered to the vulnerable has devolved into why vaccination shouldn't be compulsory or why it's not important in kids.

So, don't take the option. Or, if it hasn't been offered, don't worry about it. *shrug*

The OP was about vaccinating all children though. That's why we're discussing it "

So don't vaccinate your kids.

Hope this helps

The OP was about vaccinating all children though. That's why we're discussing it

So don't vaccinate your kids.

Hope this helps "

Didn't realise I needed your permission and that we weren't allowed to voice an opinion different to yours. Actually. Yeah I did.

The OP was about vaccinating all children though. That's why we're discussing it "

Where does it say in the OP about all children? you must be reading something different to the rest of us.

Where does it say in the OP about all children? you must be reading something different to the rest of us. "

My bad. "Big numbers".

Where does it say in the OP about all children? you must be reading something different to the rest of us.

My bad. "Big numbers"."

In any event not just vulnerable children that were mentioned in the comment I was responding to.

My bad. "Big numbers".

In any event not just vulnerable children that were mentioned in the comment I was responding to. "

But at the moment only children with an underlying health condition are being suggested by the government that makes up 38% of all UK children.

My bad. "Big numbers".

In any event not just vulnerable children that were mentioned in the comment I was responding to.

But at the moment only children with an underlying health condition are being suggested by the government that makes up 38% of all UK children."

That wasn't what the OP was asking so I won't apologise for responding to the OP.

My bad. "Big numbers".

But at the moment only children with an underlying health condition are being suggested by the government that makes up 38% of all UK children.

That wasn't what the OP was asking so I won't apologise for responding to the OP. "

I didn't ask you to but seeing as you move the discussion on by mentioning vulnerable children I thought it was relevant to make it clear that a large portion of children in the a you have an underlying health condition.

On a mooch

My bad. "Big numbers".

But at the moment only children with an underlying health condition are being suggested by the government that makes up 38% of all UK children."

It is the current position, yes. However, the op is around herd immunity and asked ‘would you vax your child with the C19 jab’ not distinguishing between the two groups, hence why you have those with vulnerable situations & non vulnerable situations responding to the question posed.

My bad. "Big numbers".

That wasn't what the OP was asking so I won't apologise for responding to the OP.

I didn't ask you to but seeing as you move the discussion on by mentioning vulnerable children I thought it was relevant to make it clear that a large portion of children in the a you have an underlying health condition. "

That wasn't me. That was someone else who started on about vulnerable children. I was stated to that comment only. Check before wading in

Chelmsford

Same

So you know what the long term effects are?... no because nobody does. Many are obviously prepared to take the risk with the vaccine and have come to the conclusion that covid is a greater risk. I'm simply saying I see covid as not that big a risk to my kids so won't be risking the vaccine on them. I'm not worried about an adverse reaction or temporary side effects, it's the long term unknown that concerns me. Apparently according to some, I don't have the right to be cautious over this. That's worrying. "

Of course it's your choice and right. I just think it's a serious miscalculation and my calculation is different, thats all. The higher risk for me is in the short term Who knows what might happen to my child or me in 20 years. Today the risk is COVID. In 5 years, 10 years, 20 years, the risk will be something else. Probably more likely to die of air pollution or get run over by a car. the major risk will always be in the first few days or months and it's demonstrated in the real world that it's tiny. As I said when all medicines and vaccines are created we do not know the long term risks, and if we waited to know the long term risks, we wouldn't have any of the medicines we have today. Covid is a real and present not just to my child but also to my family, so I'll deal with 20 years in 20 years. Today I'll deal with the COIVD risk. You and others can take your chances!

My bad. "Big numbers".

Or those that live with people who are vulnerable

Same

So you know what the long term effects are?... no because nobody does. Many are obviously prepared to take the risk with the vaccine and have come to the conclusion that covid is a greater risk. I'm simply saying I see covid as not that big a risk to my kids so won't be risking the vaccine on them. I'm not worried about an adverse reaction or temporary side effects, it's the long term unknown that concerns me. Apparently according to some, I don't have the right to be cautious over this. That's worrying.

Of course it's your choice and right. I just think it's a serious miscalculation and my calculation is different, thats all. The higher risk for me is in the short term Who knows what might happen to my child or me in 20 years. Today the risk is COVID. In 5 years, 10 years, 20 years, the risk will be something else. Probably more likely to die of air pollution or get run over by a car. the major risk will always be in the first few days or months and it's demonstrated in the real world that it's tiny. As I said when all medicines and vaccines are created we do not know the long term risks, and if we waited to know the long term risks, we wouldn't have any of the medicines we have today. Covid is a real and present not just to my child but also to my family, so I'll deal with 20 years in 20 years. Today I'll deal with the COIVD risk. You and others can take your chances!"

In other words your assessment is right and mine is wrong. Gotcha. Thanks for the permission to take my chances

Same

Of course it's your choice and right. I just think it's a serious miscalculation and my calculation is different, thats all. The higher risk for me is in the short term Who knows what might happen to my child or me in 20 years. Today the risk is COVID. In 5 years, 10 years, 20 years, the risk will be something else. Probably more likely to die of air pollution or get run over by a car. the major risk will always be in the first few days or months and it's demonstrated in the real world that it's tiny. As I said when all medicines and vaccines are created we do not know the long term risks, and if we waited to know the long term risks, we wouldn't have any of the medicines we have today. Covid is a real and present not just to my child but also to my family, so I'll deal with 20 years in 20 years. Today I'll deal with the COIVD risk. You and others can take your chances!

In other words your assessment is right and mine is wrong. Gotcha. Thanks for the permission to take my chances "

that’s true , in 5 or 10 years from now the risk could be blood clots.

In your bed

I find it strange that those who use science and data to support giving the vaccine to adults then do not use the same data for kids.

Instead they have done a full 180 and are using reasoning similar to the anti vaxers for stating reasons why kids should get it.

Risks of covid in kids is far smaller than the risks of the vaccine (which are small but not as small as the disease itself).

If this was not the case then scientists would have approve the vaccine and recommend mass vaccinations for kids.

The fact they haven't and have only proposed it is used in limited groups of kids shows that the cost benefit analysis of this vaccine in child is not proven.

Not sure why we would recommend something that scientists are not.

In your bed