FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Test before meet

Test before meet

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atte_and_Macchiato OP   Couple  over a year ago

Southampton

"Arrange a meet", she says.

"How about these guys?", I say.

"Sure," she replies, "Tell them they need to do a rapid flow test beforehand..."

So what's everyone's thoughts on this? Would you be happy to oblige for a fun and safe meet or just say, "well f*@k off then!"?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I test before and after meeting

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Should it be a problem? You can choose whether to or not

Southampton

"Should it be a problem? You can choose whether to or not"

It's not a problem for us, we're happy to it. Just trying to gauge others' reactions if asked

By *lutinnylons69TV/TS  over a year ago

Byfield/Daventry

FO want my sex clinic results too... Though that is free. If they pay for my test then OK but like clinic tests only as good as day its done x

That’s a no from me

By *uliette500Woman  over a year ago

Hull

I think it's a perfectly reasonable request the way the numbers are going up at the moment.

By *uliette500Woman  over a year ago

Hull

"FO want my sex clinic results too... Though that is free. If they pay for my test then OK but like clinic tests only as good as day its done x"

The rapid flow tests are free and take 30 mins. What's your problem?

By *tingly ByronMan  over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

"FO want my sex clinic results too... Though that is free. If they pay for my test then OK but like clinic tests only as good as day its done x"

LFT tests are free.

Mountain, molehill.

"FO want my sex clinic results too... Though that is free. If they pay for my test then OK but like clinic tests only as good as day its done x

The rapid flow tests are free and take 30 mins. What's your problem? "

And they've stopped using them in America. As they are absolutely useless.. Carry on believing.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

We don't ask but we tested before a recent social out of courtesy.

"Should it be a problem? You can choose whether to or not

It's not a problem for us, we're happy to it. Just trying to gauge others' reactions if asked "

I spose it depends how much I want to fuck, whoever it is

Southampton

"Should it be a problem? You can choose whether to or not

It's not a problem for us, we're happy to it. Just trying to gauge others' reactions if asked

I spose it depends how much I want to fuck, whoever it is "

Probably not.

By *lirty-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Bexley

People are free to impose any stipulations they want and those they're considering are equally free to reject them. That's as it should be. We all have a choice.

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

I think it's a good idea

By *ark Knight 2017Man  over a year ago

Ware

""Arrange a meet", she says.

"Sure," she replies, "Tell them they need to do a rapid flow test beforehand..."

So what's everyone's thoughts on this? Would you be happy to oblige for a fun and safe meet or just say, "well f*@k off then!"? "

Take a look at what the FDA in America say about them before you think they'll tell you anything.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

It would be no from me as i already get tested 3x a week at work so I know I am OK.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I think it's a wise move and little effort.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

A no thank u and move on from me x

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

I’ve no problem with that. Free test, it takes minutes, it may say 30 minutes but if it’s not got a positive result in 3 minutes it still won’t after 30. Throat swab makes me gag though

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

And those that refuse such a simple, quick, free and easy test, they clearly have little regard for either their own health or yours. Meeting test rejectors will also result in awkward conversations with brainwashed Covid conspiracy theorists, nobody needs that during a meet

"And those that refuse such a simple, quick, free and easy test, they clearly have little regard for either their own health or yours. Meeting test rejectors will also result in awkward conversations with brainwashed Covid conspiracy theorists, nobody needs that during a meet "

I’m double jabbed and get tested at work so not quite sure how I qualify as a Covid conspiracy theorist. My objection to this is that I don’t think the lateral flow tests should be used so that someone can have a shag.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"FO want my sex clinic results too... Though that is free. If they pay for my test then OK but like clinic tests only as good as day its done x

The rapid flow tests are free and take 30 mins. What's your problem? And they've stopped using them in America. As they are absolutely useless.. Carry on believing. "

Good job we don't live in America then!!

OP it's a good idea I posted this question a few months ago and got a lot of negative comments.

I think it's a great idea and at the end of the day what harm can it do?

It's free and easy, obviously some people consider it a breach of their"freedoms" but it's an easy way to filter out people who you don't want to meet.

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

I test a couple of times a week for work, so if I wanted to meet I'd happily do one.

However I'd only consider socials anyway at the min, with my partner.

If someone asked me to I would have no problems with it at all. If it would help them feel more comfortable then why not?

They arent the most accurate but better than nothing

By *rufinWoman  over a year ago

notts

have you had covid? are you vaccinated?

I'm yes to both, I can't be bothered testing or asking for a test result any more, but if you are worried about catching it, sure, why not ask. People lie though.

ashford

"And those that refuse such a simple, quick, free and easy test, they clearly have little regard for either their own health or yours. Meeting test rejectors will also result in awkward conversations with brainwashed Covid conspiracy theorists, nobody needs that during a meet "

I've had both jabs am not a conspiracy theorist!

Manchester (she/her)

So what's everyone's thoughts on this? Would you be happy to oblige for a fun and safe meet or just say, "well f*@k off then!"?

Take a look at what the FDA in America say about them before you think they'll tell you anything.

"

I'm not letting the perfect be the enemy of the good. It's an asymptomatic screen for me, plus I'm low risk. Just an extra layer of checking.

My choice. I want to, so I will.

In a town Fab forgot

"

Next time I'm in America I will, thanks.

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

So what's everyone's thoughts on this? Would you be happy to oblige for a fun and safe meet or just say, "well f*@k off then!"? "

I would happily test prior to a meet, personally for me it would be a requirement before any meet

By *indergirlWoman  over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

Double vaccinated and test every other day for work so it doesn't bother me doing it x

By *opsy71Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

The rapid flow tests are free and take 30 mins. What's your problem? And they've stopped using them in America. As they are absolutely useless.. Carry on believing. "

Ha ha America made Trump president what the fuck do they know about anything?

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

It's fine so long as they realise it will be a rapid flow test which has a very low accuracy rate.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

double jabbed here and no conspiracy theorist but testing before a meet is a no for me,people dont wana meet because of that then fine,plenty of peeps willing to meet without a covid test,if your vaxxed wats the worry unless you dont belive being jabbed works

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

If I was about to meet someone that I didn't know well, I would have had "the conversation" beforehand, and just regard having similar attitudes towards covid as part of general compatibility. Anybody that I already knew well, we would already know that we shared that attitude.

In any case doing an lft would just be part of my normal getting ready for a meeting - have shower, apply roll-on, perfume, nice underwear, stick lft probe down throat and up nostril, do makeup, finish dressing, check lft result, check I've got everything I need in handbag, put on heels, grab jacket and car keys, final glance at lft just in case belated result, out to the car...

Is the lft result 100% reliable? Of course it's not. But what's the downside to doing it?

By *.W CPLCouple  over a year ago

PRESTON

We do them daily for work so it would be no problem with us

By *.W CPLCouple  over a year ago

PRESTON

"And those that refuse such a simple, quick, free and easy test, they clearly have little regard for either their own health or yours. Meeting test rejectors will also result in awkward conversations with brainwashed Covid conspiracy theorists, nobody needs that during a meet double jabbed here and no conspiracy theorist but testing before a meet is a no for me,people dont wana meet because of that then fine,plenty of peeps willing to meet without a covid test,if your vaxxed wats the worry unless you dont belive being jabbed works"

Double jab dont mean 100% protection so i we would give you a miss

Manchester (she/her)

"If I was about to meet someone that I didn't know well, I would have had "the conversation" beforehand, and just regard having similar attitudes towards covid as part of general compatibility. Anybody that I already knew well, we would already know that we shared that attitude.

In any case doing an lft would just be part of my normal getting ready for a meeting - have shower, apply roll-on, perfume, nice underwear, stick lft probe down throat and up nostril, do makeup, finish dressing, check lft result, check I've got everything I need in handbag, put on heels, grab jacket and car keys, final glance at lft just in case belated result, out to the car...

Is the lft result 100% reliable? Of course it's not. But what's the downside to doing it?"

It slightly dings the fantasy of getting ready for a meet.

Swabbing tonsils. So sexy

By *lamourpussyCouple  over a year ago

Warwick

Absolutely, why would anyone refuse to do this?

borehamwood

"And those that refuse such a simple, quick, free and easy test, they clearly have little regard for either their own health or yours. Meeting test rejectors will also result in awkward conversations with brainwashed Covid conspiracy theorists, nobody needs that during a meet double jabbed here and no conspiracy theorist but testing before a meet is a no for me,people dont wana meet because of that then fine,plenty of peeps willing to meet without a covid test,if your vaxxed wats the worry unless you dont belive being jabbed works

Double jab dont mean 100% protection so i we would give you a miss"

as is your right same as my right to give those a miss who demand a test,do you demand to see your meets std status?

Warwick

"And those that refuse such a simple, quick, free and easy test, they clearly have little regard for either their own health or yours. Meeting test rejectors will also result in awkward conversations with brainwashed Covid conspiracy theorists, nobody needs that during a meet double jabbed here and no conspiracy theorist but testing before a meet is a no for me,people dont wana meet because of that then fine,plenty of peeps willing to meet without a covid test,if your vaxxed wats the worry unless you dont belive being jabbed works"

Being double jabbed doesn’t stop you catching the virus or passing it on though, it just reduces your chances of doing so.

borehamwood

"And those that refuse such a simple, quick, free and easy test, they clearly have little regard for either their own health or yours. Meeting test rejectors will also result in awkward conversations with brainwashed Covid conspiracy theorists, nobody needs that during a meet double jabbed here and no conspiracy theorist but testing before a meet is a no for me,people dont wana meet because of that then fine,plenty of peeps willing to meet without a covid test,if your vaxxed wats the worry unless you dont belive being jabbed works

Being double jabbed doesn’t stop you catching the virus or passing it on though, it just reduces your chances of doing so."

yet you will rely on a test that is hit and miss at best

Stockport

"If I was about to meet someone that I didn't know well, I would have had "the conversation" beforehand, and just regard having similar attitudes towards covid as part of general compatibility. Anybody that I already knew well, we would already know that we shared that attitude.

Is the lft result 100% reliable? Of course it's not. But what's the downside to doing it?

Swabbing tonsils. So sexy "

Kind of like washing bum in the shower, and flossing teeth. Trimming toenails. Checking belly button for fluff.

I'm revealing all the secrets now. I guess before this the men just thought we climbed out of bed already smelling like roses, perfect makeup and hair, ready wrapped sex on legs

When we eventually meet again it will be with couples we already know and it will be on the understanding we all test before we play.

Small price to pay for peace of mind.

V

Manchester (she/her)

Swabbing tonsils. So sexy

Kind of like washing bum in the shower, and flossing teeth. Trimming toenails. Checking belly button for fluff.

I'm revealing all the secrets now. I guess before this the men just thought we climbed out of bed already smelling like roses, perfect makeup and hair, ready wrapped sex on legs "

Oh I'm not revealing any of my secrets

"

I'm revealing all the secrets now. I guess before this the men just thought we climbed out of bed already smelling like roses, perfect makeup and hair, ready wrapped sex on legs "

Sshhh Polly! We know that’s exactly how it is

Warwick

Being double jabbed doesn’t stop you catching the virus or passing it on though, it just reduces your chances of doing so.yet you will rely on a test that is hit and miss at best"

No, we would expect anyone we meet to be fully vaccinated as well. As regards the test being hit and miss - admittedly it’s not perfect but it is around 80% accurate

By *ouble_The_DelightCouple  over a year ago

Wakefield

We are both fully vaccinated but wouldn't be offended if we were asked to do a LFT prior to a meet, I do them three times a week anyway and a PCR through work.

k

"

Being double jabbed doesn’t stop you catching the virus or passing it on though, it just reduces your chances of doing so.yet you will rely on a test that is hit and miss at best"

What’s the problem in adding an extra layer of protection?

Do you mean LTF or PCR? If LFT, no issue at all but PCR’s are not available like that. You need to either pay or have symptoms.

It’s worth noting too, I keep seeing people say they are double jabbed when advertsing meets. I don’t think people realise it’s not an immunity to others…it means if you get it, YOU are less likely to have severe symptoms. It literally has no bearing on you not being a potential host to the virus and potentially infecting those you meet.

By *moretwoCouple  over a year ago

Feltham

We both done a LFT test before a meet last week as did the other couple and probably now will be the norm for us.

By *uysx2Couple (MM)  over a year ago

Birmingham

US recalls lateral flow tests amid ‘significant’ accuracy concerns.

The FDA has instructed US citizens to stop using the tests amid “significant concerns that the performance of the test has not been adequately established, presenting a risk to health”.

"US recalls lateral flow tests amid ‘significant’ accuracy concerns.

The FDA has instructed US citizens to stop using the tests amid “significant concerns that the performance of the test has not been adequately established, yes presenting a risk to health”.

"

100% correct and we're still using them. Oh but it keeps the fear levels up.Doesnt it. Get out live your life. Stop being afraid..

By *n Search Of SunsetCouple  over a year ago

Search Of Sunset

Are you asking to see the actual plastic test strip when they arrive?

Otherwise they could just lie or register a negative result without actually taking the test, which kinda negates asking for it.

By *BWarksCouple  over a year ago

warwick

That’s a no from us

Currently I’m asking friends in the vanilla world to lateral flow before coming to my house. I’ve met up for socials with swinging friends and asked them to do them too… maybe because I am currently more at risk but to be honest it would make me feel more secure if I was meeting for sex too

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Nope

In a town Fab forgot

The FDA has instructed US citizens to stop using the tests amid “significant concerns that the performance of the test has not been adequately established, presenting a risk to health”.

"

Next time I'm in America I'll take note of that, thanks.

It would be a yes from me, I am also happy to show my vaccine passport.. I would expect to see a negative test result from the other person as well though. Xx

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Do you mean LTF or PCR? If LFT, no issue at all but PCR’s are not available like that. You need to either pay or have symptoms.

It’s worth noting too, I keep seeing people say they are double jabbed when advertsing meets. I don’t think people realise it’s not an immunity to others…it means if you get it, YOU are less likely to have severe symptoms. It literally has no bearing on you not being a potential host to the virus and potentially infecting those you meet. "

It literally does though as it's been proven to reduce transmission.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

The FDA has instructed US citizens to stop using the tests amid “significant concerns that the performance of the test has not been adequately established, yes presenting a risk to health”.

100% correct and we're still using them. Oh but it keeps the fear levels up.Doesnt it. Get out live your life. Stop being afraid.. "

Why should we take our lead from America? They've not exactly dealt with the pandemic all that well have they?!

"People are free to impose any stipulations they want and those they're considering are equally free to reject them. That's as it should be. We all have a choice."

I’m assuming those asking for evidence of vaccination and/or negative test will also be asking for evidence of negative STD testing also? Because of course it’s not only covid that we are at risk of when we meet is it.

In fact, let’s see your whole medical record as you may have some other communicable disease that everyone needs to know about.

Have you travelled to a risky country in the last 6 months? Had unprotected sex? Ever received a blood transfusion? In fact, could you kindly fill out this form prior?

ashford

"I’m assuming those asking for evidence of vaccination and/or negative test will also be asking for evidence of negative STD testing also? Because of course it’s not only covid that we are at risk of when we meet is it.

In fact, let’s see your whole medical record as you may have some other communicable disease that everyone needs to know about.

Have you travelled to a risky country in the last 6 months? Had unprotected sex? Ever received a blood transfusion? In fact, could you kindly fill out this form prior?

"

Exactly! Would rather not bother!glad I dont meet people with a check list! X

Manchester (she/her)

"People are free to impose any stipulations they want and those they're considering are equally free to reject them. That's as it should be. We all have a choice.

"

"I’m assuming those asking for evidence of vaccination and/or negative test will also be asking for evidence of negative STD testing also? Because of course it’s not only covid that we are at risk of when we meet is it.

"

I think that's all rather ridiculous really and not really relevant to the question of testing for Covid because of the pandemic, before a meet.

Doesn't really answer the OPs question.

All you need to say is "no I won't test"

"

A rather over the top comparison

It’s a simple LFT.

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

How are they going to verify the test?

Do you have to take it in front of them? Would be a bit of a mood killer.

Will it be by posting photos, as we have loads of these tests lying about the house.

If you just used saliva it would show up as negative.

Manchester (she/her)

"How are they going to verify the test?

Will it be by posting photos, as we have loads of these tests lying about the house.

If you just used saliva it would show up as negative. "

This is why people should vet those they want to meet. Those who cannot respect the wishes of others... Should not be trusted.

Yes, people will lie. As they will about anything else.

The job of any of us, before or after Covid, is to find those who we can trust with our bodies and our health.

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

This is why people should vet those they want to meet. Those who cannot respect the wishes of others... Should not be trusted.

The job of any of us, before or after Covid, is to find those who we can trust with our bodies and our health."

Yep, but in the end it will always be a best guess.

Manchester (she/her)

The job of any of us, before or after Covid, is to find those who we can trust with our bodies and our health.

Yep, but in the end it will always be a best guess. "

Yes, but as with everything.

Should I remove all my boundaries because everything is a best guess? Or should I try to take care of myself in the ways that I see fit?

By *axterssoupMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

Wouldn't be an issue for me, but then I still get regular tests anyway

By *hroatitboyMan  over a year ago

GLA

I think it’s a pretty reasonable request

I wouldn’t see it as unreasonable. I’d happily do it.

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

What proof would you have that someone had done before the meet??

By *ngel696969Woman  over a year ago

Farnworth

"People are free to impose any stipulations they want and those they're considering are equally free to reject them. That's as it should be. We all have a choice."

Perfect

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

What would people accept as proof, as I for one am not sharing / screenshooting the text you receive as contains too much personal information, what is left is just a date and the result, which could be anyone’s result.

By *Just meMan  over a year ago

basingstoke

[Removed by poster at 24/07/21 20:49:50]

By *Just meMan  over a year ago

basingstoke

I would happily test. No issue with doing that... as I test routinely anyway.

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

Yep, I'd do it.

More fool them in America then.

All well & good, (which is great), but if u have caught covid from the person you meet, how long before u test positive from meeting that person? Also, these lateral flow tests are massively unpredictable/ inaccurate. How or when do we know we're clear?

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

I test every time I socialize, whether that's going to see family, coffee with a friend or meeting a FWB.

I wouldn't object to being asked for a recent negative test.

By *ot meetingMan  over a year ago

down at the bottom of the garden

If I was meeting I would totally understand someone asking.

"I test every time I socialize, whether that's going to see family, coffee with a friend or meeting a FWB.

I wouldn't object to being asked for a recent negative test."

Likewise. It’s not a hardship to take a test and you have a result in 30 minutes.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I would expect a test before a meet. X hence a club lover like myself is reluctant to return to clubs unless they are asking for proof of tests etc

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"All well & good, (which is great), but if u have caught covid from the person you meet, how long before u test positive from meeting that person? Also, these lateral flow tests are massively unpredictable/ inaccurate. How or when do we know we're clear?"

You'd have a PCR test from the NHS to confirm your infection. They will advise you on the time needed to quarantine etc, based on the rules at the time and your circumstances

By *rIntensityMan  over a year ago

Nationwide

The lateral flow and PCR test give a very high false positive test results so just very wary of how accurate they actually are. The nhs run the PCR test at over 40 cycles which means you could test a banana and it would test positive lol. Plus the creator of the PCR test Mr Mulis stated clearly that it can not be used definitively to test for infectious diseases such as COVID-19 and the NHS know this clearly and insist on doing it anyway knowing it will increase the cases.

"The lateral flow and PCR test give a very high false positive test results so just very wary of how accurate they actually are. The nhs run the PCR test at over 40 cycles which means you could test a banana and it would test positive lol. Plus the creator of the PCR test Mr Mulis stated clearly that it can not be used definitively to test for infectious diseases such as COVID-19 and the NHS know this clearly and insist on doing it anyway knowing it will increase the cases. "

Better than false negative

Manchester (she/her)

"The lateral flow and PCR test give a very high false positive test results so just very wary of how accurate they actually are. The nhs run the PCR test at over 40 cycles which means you could test a banana and it would test positive lol. Plus the creator of the PCR test Mr Mulis stated clearly that it can not be used definitively to test for infectious diseases such as COVID-19 and the NHS know this clearly and insist on doing it anyway knowing it will increase the cases.

Better than false negative "

Yup. Better safe than sorry.

I'll trust the NHS over some stories on the internet

By *unxtimesMan  over a year ago

scotland

Seems like a no brainier to me, it’s free can be done anywhere anytime and could possibly stop you from making someone unwell. What would be the reason not to?

"The lateral flow and PCR test give a very high false positive test results so just very wary of how accurate they actually are. The nhs run the PCR test at over 40 cycles which means you could test a banana and it would test positive lol. Plus the creator of the PCR test Mr Mulis stated clearly that it can not be used definitively to test for infectious diseases such as COVID-19 and the NHS know this clearly and insist on doing it anyway knowing it will increase the cases. "
yet I've still not had a false positive yet been testing up to 6 times a week for over 6 months now, as have my colleagues and the residents at the home I work in.

My step daughter has tested positive, my son has but all was then confirmed with a pcr test and a few days later symptoms

By *adMerWoman  over a year ago

Sandwich

Yes I would do a test if I was that keen on meeting them.

I test all the time for work. I have been since June 2020 and no positive results in all that time.

By *ewcouplemidsCouple  over a year ago

walsall

We would have no issues doing a test before a meet

We have both had both jabs and test every 2 days for work anyways so can't see an issue

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

My GP sent out a text to say not to take the LFT tests. Not sure why but if they are unreliable and give false negatives and then you still meet, who is to blame for passing on the infection?

LFT also rely on the individual actually doing it properly and getting the right area to swab.

By *ellsuitedMan  over a year ago

Elstree

Perfectly happy to test...

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

The rapid flow tests are free and take 30 mins. What's your problem? And they've stopped using them in America. As they are absolutely useless.. Carry on believing.

Ha ha America made Trump president what the fuck do they know about anything? "

Well we have Boris... “people shouldn’t throw stones in glass houses”

By *alldarksurreyMan  over a year ago

surrey

Lft tests are not free,the government pays for them which ultimately means we all pay for them through increased taxes in the years or decades to come. If people want a test before a meet then they should pay for it themselves and not pass the bill onto everyone else just because they want to get their leg over

Manchester (she/her)

"Lft tests are not free,the government pays for them which ultimately means we all pay for them through increased taxes in the years or decades to come. If people want a test before a meet then they should pay for it themselves and not pass the bill onto everyone else just because they want to get their leg over "

So we should decide who should get tested and why?

Is the goal not to drive down case numbers and reduce the threat to the NHS and future health?

Would you rather those future taxes go to a future disability burden rather than tests now? I wouldn't.

Should we also ration STI tests? Cancer screening? Could be a problem later, but it'll be cheaper now, right?

"

No, we would expect anyone we meet to be fully vaccinated as well. As regards the test being hit and miss - admittedly it’s not perfect but it is around 80% accurate "

That's for a positive result....

Far more interesting are the negative results.

30% of people with symptomatic sars-cov-2 infection test negative.

For those with asymptomatic infections the negative test percentage was 52% (over 5 out of 10 with an infection tested negative with the NHS Rapid Antigen Test)

"My GP sent out a text to say not to take the LFT tests. Not sure why but if they are unreliable and give false negatives and then you still meet, who is to blame for passing on the infection?

LFT also rely on the individual actually doing it properly and getting the right area to swab. "

yeah we had to be trained at work to do them x

By *dge of HeavenMan  over a year ago

Bridgend

No problem at all. Seems like common sense

By *rShadowBHMan  over a year ago

Nowhere/everywhere

This is absolute bollocks.

By * F 2018Couple  over a year ago

shropshire

Yes its the right thing to do ...

Nope

STI please

Get down with the kids by dipping in your drink and getting time off school

By *oco_devilleWoman  over a year ago

Canterbury

Entirely fair enough… I ask too. And test beforehand.

If someone is stupid enough to wilfully ignore Covid entirely and they’re not testing as a matter of course anyway, then they are absolutely not someone I’d want to fuck.

Canterbury

"Lft tests are not free,the government pays for them which ultimately means we all pay for them through increased taxes in the years or decades to come. If people want a test before a meet then they should pay for it themselves and not pass the bill onto everyone else just because they want to get their leg over "

Everyone should be testing regularly, not just for a shag.

By *antsguy007Man  over a year ago

Whiteley

The rapid flow tests are free and take 30 mins. What's your problem? And they've stopped using them in America. As they are absolutely useless.. Carry on believing.

Good job we don't live in America then!!

OP it's a good idea I posted this question a few months ago and got a lot of negative comments.

I think it's a great idea and at the end of the day what harm can it do?

It's free and easy, obviously some people consider it a breach of their"freedoms" but it's an easy way to filter out people who you don't want to meet.

"

Definetly agree!!

I'm double jabbed and tested before going to the pub yesterday to meet a mate and watch rugby....not for my health but his and everyone else who I crossed paths with throughout the day. I also wore my mask onpublic transport even though my test was negative - just in case.

I'd rather take safety measures jist to be safe, don't understand why others don't.

Whiteley

Just because you are double jabbed doesn't mean you can't still catch the virus and pass it on...

Why are you still wanting this if double jabbed

Canterbury

"Why are you still wanting this if double jabbed "

The vaccine doesn’t stop you from getting it

Manchester (she/her)

I test because I don't want to be a risk to others. I'm not worried about myself

why wouldn't you?

Bent double jabbed doesn't mean I'm immune, just less likely to catch it or spread it and hopefully if I did get it then I would not be as poorly as I was the first time I got covid.

I've been double jabbed since March. I test up to 6 times a week for work and recreational. I went out to the pub for a meal the other day and I tested before I left.

I still also wear my mask pretty much everywhere I did before last Monday and most places it's still requested the rest it is still compulsory

Everyone I know with covid is double jabbed!

Help

"Why are you still wanting this if double jabbed

I test because I don't want to be a risk to others. I'm not worried about myself"

So who are you protecting? Because a high percentage of other people are double jabbed also?

In a town Fab forgot

Do you need some info on how vaccines work, happy to share a few links.

Canterbury

I test because I don't want to be a risk to others. I'm not worried about myself

So who are you protecting? Because a high percentage of other people are double jabbed also? "

The jab doesn’t stop you from getting it!

Everyone I know with covid is double jabbed!

Help "

So what was the point in having it? Sorry I just thought 2 jabs and we'd see people wanting a return of some sort of normality now?

Manchester (she/her)

So who are you protecting? Because a high percentage of other people are double jabbed also? "

Those with weaker immune systems, who are older, who have known or unknown vulnerability, children, adults who haven't been jabbed, etc.

If I come up positive I want to keep my germs to myself

So who are you protecting? Because a high percentage of other people are double jabbed also?

The jab doesn’t stop you from getting it!"

What exactly does it stop then?

Those with weaker immune systems, who are older, who have known or unknown vulnerability, children, adults who haven't been jabbed, etc.

If I come up positive I want to keep my germs to myself"

But how is you having your jab stopping them getting it

Manchester (she/her)

But how is you having your jab stopping them getting it "

It reduces the likelihood of me spreading it, it looks like, due to reduced viral transmission.

But you were asking about testing if jabbed. If I'm jabbed I'm safer to others. But jabbed plus regular testing is safer.

By *ancs30Man  over a year ago

Blackpool

Would I also have to scan for track and trace at a meet....and get pinged..

In a town Fab forgot

But how is you having your jab stopping them getting it "

Read this.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/how-they-work.html

Read this.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/how-they-work.html"

The first paragraph acvording to the CDC says if you are fully vaccinated you can return to doing things you did before the pandemic ... so then is testing before meets absolutely necessary? If we are allowed to do the things we did before? Just going by the article obviously.

Read this.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/how-they-work.html"

To be honest that wasn't very informative regarding the question I asked?

I asked how you getting your jab stops others from getting it?

In a town Fab forgot

Read this.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/how-they-work.html

The first paragraph acvording to the CDC says if you are fully vaccinated you can return to doing things you did before the pandemic ... so then is testing before meets absolutely necessary? If we are allowed to do the things we did before? Just going by the article obviously. "

Read the whole article. It's very informative.

If at the end of it you still don't understand how vaccines work or why we maintain other precautions feel free to ask more questions.

Read this.

To be honest that wasn't very informative regarding the question I asked?

I asked how you getting your jab stops others from getting it? "

it reduces the transmission but doesnt stop it completely

Read this.

The first paragraph acvording to the CDC says if you are fully vaccinated you can return to doing things you did before the pandemic ... so then is testing before meets absolutely necessary? If we are allowed to do the things we did before? Just going by the article obviously.

If at the end of it you still don't understand how vaccines work or why we maintain other precautions feel free to ask more questions. "

I read the whole article but it didn't answer the question I asked.

Doesn't matter ... hope you all have a good night. Off to bed I think x

Whiteley

I test because I don't want to be a risk to others. I'm not worried about myself"

Exactly....the thing about mask wearing and testing isn't to protect yourself, it is to protect others from you if you have the virus and are lucky enough to be symptom free

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Would make sense. I tested before I went to a club. Would hope others did the same.

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

My medical welfare is private to me, my doctor, family and maybe close friends.

I don't feel the need to ask others for any tests and I certainly wouldn't show any medical information to strangers.

In a town Fab forgot

Read this.

If at the end of it you still don't understand how vaccines work or why we maintain other precautions feel free to ask more questions.

I read the whole article but it didn't answer the question I asked.

Doesn't matter ... hope you all have a good night. Off to bed I think x "

Took me a lot longer to read it than that, well done for getting through it so quickly.

Enjoy your sleep.

Manchester (she/her)

Ultimately - why do I test?

Because I want to and I believe it best.

My choice.

By *andlingswingersCouple  over a year ago

Woodbridge

",if your vaxxed wats the worry unless you dont belive being jabbed works"

And people STILL don't get it.

1) You can still get Covid after injection. It's not a magic bullet. It has a failure rate.

2) If you've had your jabs and get it you might not die.

On the other hand, why chance it?

3) If you've had your jabs and get Covid you pass it on to other people.

I know it's very hard to believe - and flatly contradicts what we've all been told for the past 40 years - but it's not all about you.

By *aughty Little SecretsCouple  over a year ago

Wetherby

Just good manners

Manchester (she/her)

",if your vaxxed wats the worry unless you dont belive being jabbed works

And people STILL don't get it.

1) You can still get Covid after injection. It's not a magic bullet. It has a failure rate.

2) If you've had your jabs and get it you might not die.

On the other hand, why chance it?

3) If you've had your jabs and get Covid you pass it on to other people.

I know it's very hard to believe - and flatly contradicts what we've all been told for the past 40 years - but it's not all about you.

"

Nirvana fallacy at work on this one

If it's not perfect, it's worthless.

Just like your car, house, pavement, and mobile phone, yes? ... Or not

Stockport

Why does my car have both a seatbelt and an airbag?

If the seatbelt is any good, then there is no need for the airbag, so I should get rid of it.

If the airbag is any good, then there is no need for the seatbelt, so I should get rid of it.

If I can still die with either seatbelt or airbag, then obviously both are useless, so I should get rid of both of them. And don't start me on crumple zones...

My MOT only says that my car is roadworthy at the actual minute that the test is done. Ten minutes later driving down the road I might hit a pothole and damage the chassis making the car unsafe. So the MOT is totally worthless and I shouldn't bother doing it.

Why do I wear a rain coat and take an umbrella? If the rain coat was good, I wouldn't need the umbrella. If the umbrella was good, I wouldn't need the raincoat. Even with both I can still get wet when the rain is heavy enough. Therefore there is no point in either wearing rain coat or taking umbrella, as neither will guarantee dryness. And don't start me on wearing boots when it is snowing...

Reasonable in my opinion!

By *lasphemousGirlWoman  over a year ago

Cambs

We'd have no problem with being asked, whatever makes everyone feel comfortable,

Not a problem testing before a meet

When testing for a meet, you would need to take into account the incubation period surely? Otherwise, it’s not going to be accurate.

You’d also have to trust the persons testing technique and let me tell you, a huge percentage do not carry out the test accurately when self administering.

By *ustforfun49Man  over a year ago

chesterfield

If that is required for a meet and fun then yes I would do a test.

chesterfield

"When testing for a meet, you would need to take into account the incubation period surely? Otherwise, it’s not going to be accurate.

You’d also have to trust the persons testing technique and let me tell you, a huge percentage do not carry out the test accurately when self administering."

You have to have a test before you can go to an event so what is the problem.

chesterfield

"We'd have no problem with being asked, whatever makes everyone feel comfortable, "

By *revaunanceCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

Isn't this the 2021 revision of the term 'safe sex'?

"When testing for a meet, you would need to take into account the incubation period surely? Otherwise, it’s not going to be accurate.

You’d also have to trust the persons testing technique and let me tell you, a huge percentage do not carry out the test accurately when self administering.

You have to have a test before you can go to an event so what is the problem. "

My “problem” as I’ve already said is that for the test to be accurate you have to take into account a) incubation period and b) user technique - two pretty important factors for any medical testing

Manchester (she/her)

"Isn't this the 2021 revision of the term 'safe sex'?"

Lol, perhaps

Perfectly reasonable

By *andKBCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth

I cant see the issue we have tests here so could do that.

Plus I have a weekly PCR

I'd be happy to test if I wanted to meet and it made the other person/persons feel more comfortable, I don't think the lft are very accurate, but id rather eveyone comfortable

Mrs

I bet the guys on this thread that say yes to a test is because they are scared to stand up for themselves and feel pressured into doing so and think no one will meet them.

ashford

"I bet the guys on this thread that say yes to a test is because they are scared to stand up for themselves and feel pressured into doing so and think no one will meet them.

"

I'm sure they really dont! X

Perfectly reasonable request, if people don’t like it they can decline to meet you. No need for them to be funny about it.

Genuinely couldn’t give a fuck to be fair. If they asked for one I’d do one, I’m not that precious about it, usually find anyone that is, are total cunts anyways. It’s free and it’s easy, bit like me.

Sometimes I get asked for recent STD test if it’s a bareback meet, again don’t care less and would show the results of one.

Manchester (she/her)

"I bet the guys on this thread that say yes to a test is because they are scared to stand up for themselves and feel pressured into doing so and think no one will meet them.

"

Then they need more courage in their convictions.

Then they need more courage in their convictions."

Good luck. The lateral flow tests (rapid antigen tests) are supposed to be over 90% accurate in showing a positive result. But they have a 30% (ish) error when showing negative results (and that varies depending upon the viral load of the test sample).

A bit like an STI test, it's only valid when the sample is taken !

ashford

"Genuinely couldn’t give a fuck to be fair. If they asked for one I’d do one, I’m not that precious about it, usually find anyone that is, are total cunts anyways. It’s free and it’s easy, bit like me.

Sometimes I get asked for recent STD test if it’s a bareback meet, again don’t care less and would show the results of one. "

I must b a total cunt then! Cos if I got asked I would decline! x

By *asha86Couple  over a year ago

walsall

Due to work we both have to test twice weekly anyway but would happily test for a meet. xT

I do before arranging a meet

Would you object to someone saying please make sure you bring condoms guys?

You don’t know the health concerns that person has or indeed the family they have surrounding them.

I’d just presume it’s an important point for them and respect it

By *ackandtheunicornCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

I wouldnt bother meeting them. But totally fine for them to ask for it, if that's their wish.

By * F 2018Couple  over a year ago

shropshire

"Entirely fair enough… I ask too. And test beforehand.

If someone is stupid enough to wilfully ignore Covid entirely and they’re not testing as a matter of course anyway, then they are absolutely not someone I’d want to fuck. "

People can ask for what they want. People can either accept or decline.

It’s not complicated or controversial.

"People can ask for what they want. People can either accept or decline.

It’s not complicated or controversial."

this covers it completely

"Genuinely couldn’t give a fuck to be fair. If they asked for one I’d do one, I’m not that precious about it, usually find anyone that is, are total cunts anyways. It’s free and it’s easy, bit like me.

Sometimes I get asked for recent STD test if it’s a bareback meet, again don’t care less and would show the results of one.

I must b a total cunt then! Cos if I got asked I would decline! x"

Absolutely nothing wrong with you declining. It’s your choice and that’s that. However if you a precious about it, declining like it’s a fucking badge of honour then yes you are a massive cunt.

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

Personally we're not bothered about testing. But if it makes you feel better it's your boundaries to set.

By *ost SockMan  over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

I’m cautious about the virus, having worked on Covid since the start. I think LFD testing is the way forward for me.

It’s not perfect - I’ve seen that myself, but it’ll be some help and give some level of reassurance.

Personally I wouldn’t do it.

It’s pointless, if someone really wants to meet they can just put water on the end anyway.

I know that’s what some people are doing I know to enable them to go to a event this weekend. Just incase so they can still go.

No, it’s their rules not yours, I wouldn’t be getting covid tested tho. I think that is a personal choice. I have to do it several times a week for work and no thank you for further prodding of the nostril region

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

This!

[Removed by poster at 28/07/21 09:05:40]

London

"And those that refuse such a simple, quick, free and easy test, they clearly have little regard for either their own health or yours. Meeting test rejectors will also result in awkward conversations with brainwashed Covid conspiracy theorists, nobody needs that during a meet

I’m double jabbed and get tested at work so not quite sure how I qualify as a Covid conspiracy theorist. My objection to this is that I don’t think the lateral flow tests should be used so that someone can have a shag."

London

Absolutely, why would anyone refuse to do this?

"

Why are people meeting whilst still in the midst of a pandemic? Why do people have unprotected sex with strangers?

It always tickles me when people try and take some kind of moral high ground on a site where we leave morals at the door. It's akin to Lewis Hamilton chiding Valentino Rossi for riding too fast!

ashford

I must b a total cunt then! Cos if I got asked I would decline! x

Absolutely nothing wrong with you declining. It’s your choice and that’s that. However if you a precious about it, declining like it’s a fucking badge of honour then yes you are a massive cunt."

Pmsl!