FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Herd immunity through exposure

Herd immunity through exposure

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *olly_chromatic OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

So many people, from the government downwards to voices on fab, are loudly proclaiming that the only possible option left is for the UK to attain herd immunity to covid through the process of mass exposure. Could I kindly suggest that every single person espousing this view: you go do it first.

If you say "exposure is the only way", then please get yourself down to the hospital and request a shot of pure covid virus. Remember to take your entire family, especially all your children (the ones that you tell me are at no risk whatsover as the majority of under 18's are fine - wonder if your children will be in the majority or the minority?).

You want people to be exposed to covid; then go do your civic duty, go expose yourself.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"So many people, from the government downwards to voices on fab, are loudly proclaiming that the only possible option left is for the UK to attain herd immunity to covid through the process of mass exposure. Could I kindly suggest that every single person espousing this view: you go do it first.

If you say "exposure is the only way", then please get yourself down to the hospital and request a shot of pure covid virus. Remember to take your entire family, especially all your children (the ones that you tell me are at no risk whatsover as the majority of under 18's are fine - wonder if your children will be in the majority or the minority?).

You want people to be exposed to covid; then go do your civic duty, go expose yourself."

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

"So many people, from the government downwards to voices on fab, are loudly proclaiming that the only possible option left is for the UK to attain herd immunity to covid through the process of mass exposure. Could I kindly suggest that every single person espousing this view: you go do it first.

You want people to be exposed to covid; then go do your civic duty, go expose yourself."

Also, if your do frightened if this disease that you’d like everyone to live in a lockdown world forever, could I suggest locking yourself in your own home and allowing the rest of us to get on with it.

By *rufinWoman  over a year ago

notts

Everyone makes their own choices. I don't know why you think people are hypocritically suggesting herd immunity while hiding under a duvet on an island hideaway? You can't even accuse the government of that - most of them caught it over a year ago. God knows how Sajjid Javid managed to last so long before catching it.

By *unkym34Man  over a year ago

London

I think this is actually what people who want to go about the normal everyday lives, education, work, keep fit, general well being are doing is it not by going out and getting on with things.

London

You want people to be exposed to covid; then go do your civic duty, go expose yourself.

Also, if your do frightened if this disease that you’d like everyone to live in a lockdown world forever, could I suggest locking yourself in your own home and allowing the rest of us to get on with it.

"

Stockport

"

I've taken my own risk by getting jabbed, and I minimise any risk I might pose to others by willingly enduring the minor inconvenience of masking if I'm near others, shopping at inconvenient times, and refraining from going to crowded venues.

What have you done to help against covid? I'm quite happy for you to "get on with it", but the moment that you say you want other people to catch covid in order to allow you to "get on with it" then my answer is - you go catch it first, you take all your loved ones to go catch it. If it's safe enough for everyone elses children to catch covid, then it's safe enough for you and your children to catch covid.

liverpool

You want people to be exposed to covid; then go do your civic duty, go expose yourself. I think this is actually what people who want to go about the normal everyday lives, education, work, keep fit, general well being are doing is it not by going out and getting on with things. "

Well that's not really the same as most people are doing that.

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

I find this sick and disgusting blame attitude as abhorrent as anti vaxers opinions.

You could equally say that every year we should all get loaded up on hiv for swinging, or cancer for those using carcinogenic products, or go get your kids loaded up on a high flu dose for sending them to school in winter and killing of their grandparents.

Having worked in customer facing roles, those customers wishing cancer on workers and their families tend to the most horrible of people and you have just done that.

London

I've taken my own risk by getting jabbed, and I minimise any risk I might pose to others by willingly enduring the minor inconvenience of masking if I'm near others, shopping at inconvenient times, and refraining from going to crowded venues.

What have you done to help against covid? I'm quite happy for you to "get on with it", but the moment that you say you want other people to catch covid in order to allow you to "get on with it" then my answer is - you go catch it first, you take all your loved ones to go catch it. If it's safe enough for everyone elses children to catch covid, then it's safe enough for you and your children to catch covid."

again this is what everyone who wants to get on with life is doing. For those that want to take the extra precautions fine for those that want to just get on with life fine. No need to start these threads and try to impose your beliefs on others.

By *aussageMan  over a year ago

sherborne

Stop testing healthy people and the pandemic disappears tomorrow.

liverpool

"Stop testing healthy people and the pandemic disappears tomorrow. "

Will people become immune to it?

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Stop testing healthy people and the pandemic disappears tomorrow. "

Sure.

Same as we should stop testing for cancer and STIs. They clearly don't exist either.

In your bed

"Stop testing healthy people and the pandemic disappears tomorrow.

Sure.

Same as we should stop testing for cancer and STIs. They clearly don't exist either."

We don't test for flu, so whilst a throw away comment I can see the point being made.

We don't measure the levels of infection in society for all diseases.

Take your sti example, we don't offer mass same day testing for herpies or gonnarea. Testing is left down to the individual to obtain from very over stretched services.

London

Sure.

Same as we should stop testing for cancer and STIs. They clearly don't exist either."

we pretty much did this over the past 18 months. Cancer patients thrown to the wolves to protect others from covid. I lost a family member and a close family friend due to lockdown restrictions.

Manchester (she/her)

Sure.

Same as we should stop testing for cancer and STIs. They clearly don't exist either.

We don't test for flu, so whilst a throw away comment I can see the point being made.

We don't measure the levels of infection in society for all diseases.

Take your sti example, we don't offer mass same day testing for herpies or gonnarea. Testing is left down to the individual to obtain from very over stretched services. "

No, we don't measure things in the same way. Covid is deemed a priority for what is presumably obvious reasons.

The idea that we can ignore it and it'll go away is just a little silly though. We'll be back to strange pneumonia and loss of smell.

Stockport

I find this sick and disgusting blame attitude as abhorrent as anti vaxers opinions.

You could equally say that every year we should all get loaded up on hiv for swinging, or cancer for those using carcinogenic products, or go get your kids loaded up on a high flu dose for sending them to school in winter and killing of their grandparents.

Having worked in customer facing roles, those customers wishing cancer on workers and their families tend to the most horrible of people and you have just done that. "

No I have not. I have said that anyone advocating herd immunity through the general exposure of the population, should expose themselves. I personally do not believe in the exposure experiment, I am doing what I can to avoid exposing others, I am doing what I can to avoid exposing myself.

I do believe in vaccination, I publicly support and advise vaccination, and on the very first day where my age group was allowed to apply for vaccination I made my booking. I do not ask people to do something that I am not prepared to do myself.

But to anybody that says: we get immunity if lots of people get exposed to covid, and I know some of them will get sick or die, but it's a price we have to pay.

My reply is: you get to the front of the queue then, show that you are willing to pay the price.

London

Having worked in customer facing roles, those customers wishing cancer on workers and their families tend to the most horrible of people and you have just done that.

No I have not. I have said that anyone advocating herd immunity through the general exposure of the population, should expose themselves. I personally do not believe in the exposure experiment, I am doing what I can to avoid exposing others, I am doing what I can to avoid exposing myself.

I do believe in vaccination, I publicly support and advise vaccination, and on the very first day where my age group was allowed to apply for vaccination I made my booking. I do not ask people to do something that I am not prepared to do myself.

But to anybody that says: we get immunity if lots of people get exposed to covid, and I know some of them will get sick or die, but it's a price we have to pay.

My reply is: you get to the front of the queue then, show that you are willing to pay the price."

so that’s fine you do you and everyone else does them. Your thread has been started to try and belittle those who hold a different opinion to yours and is actively quite mean.

Stockport

What have you done to help against covid? I'm quite happy for you to "get on with it", but the moment that you say you want other people to catch covid in order to allow you to "get on with it" then my answer is - you go catch it first, you take all your loved ones to go catch it. If it's safe enough for everyone elses children to catch covid, then it's safe enough for you and your children to catch covid. again this is what everyone who wants to get on with life is doing. For those that want to take the extra precautions fine for those that want to just get on with life fine. No need to start these threads and try to impose your beliefs on others. "

I am not imposing my beliefs on anybody. All I am saying is that if you believe that the best course is for everyone to catch covid so that everyone becomes immune afterwards, then show your belief by doing it, before YOU impose YOUR belief on OTHERS.

London

What have you done to help against covid? I'm quite happy for you to "get on with it", but the moment that you say you want other people to catch covid in order to allow you to "get on with it" then my answer is - you go catch it first, you take all your loved ones to go catch it. If it's safe enough for everyone elses children to catch covid, then it's safe enough for you and your children to catch covid. again this is what everyone who wants to get on with life is doing. For those that want to take the extra precautions fine for those that want to just get on with life fine. No need to start these threads and try to impose your beliefs on others.

I am not imposing my beliefs on anybody. All I am saying is that if you believe that the best course is for everyone to catch covid so that everyone becomes immune afterwards, then show your belief by doing it, before YOU impose YOUR belief on OTHERS."

all I’m saying lol says it right there

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"

well said

liverpool

My reply is: you get to the front of the queue then, show that you are willing to pay the price. so that’s fine you do you and everyone else does them. Your thread has been started to try and belittle those who hold a different opinion to yours and is actively quite mean. "

It's not belittling anyone.

By *an JuniperoCouple  over a year ago

North East

“Request a shot of pure covid virus”

Haha Christ. This forum is getting dafter by the day.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

covid is not going away i believe over the next few years nearly everyone would have had it the best thing to do is get the jabs and minimise the chance of dying.

In your bed

"“Request a shot of pure covid virus”

Haha Christ. This forum is getting dafter by the day. "

Its a really sick attitude.

I've would never wish disease on anyone, doing so seems to be a disturbed mind.

There is a difference in believing that as a society there comes a point were we have done enough and actively wishing ill on someone.

In your bed

My reply is: you get to the front of the queue then, show that you are willing to pay the price."

Equivalent of saying those who wish to drive cars should first go put their kids in front of a ten tonne lorry, that will teach them.

North East

There is a difference in believing that as a society there comes a point were we have done enough and actively wishing ill on someone.

"

Yep. Totally agree

By *ovelybumCouple  over a year ago

Tunbridge Wells

"

The mental state of some of the posters on here is terrifying.

The sad reality for many unfortunately.

North East

The mental state of some of the posters on here is terrifying.

The sad reality for many unfortunately. "

Indeed. Very worrying. Quite sad too.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

If the immunity needed could be reached by people making antibodies naturally, by having survived covid, would it not make sense to have an antibody testing program in place for those who do not want to get vaccinated and then offer them the same freedoms that are being offered to the vaccinated?

For those hesitant about getting their young children vaccinated ( or themselves) this could seem like a good good keeping parents comfortable mentally.

Would those who who are vaccinated be comfortable with people who do not want to get vaccinated but can prove they have naturally made antibodies?

A friend of mine has a daughter you currently is dealing with covid-, mild to moderate symptoms, afterwards is there any point in her getting vaccinated as well?

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Who is*

Manchester (she/her)

"If the immunity needed could be reached by people making antibodies naturally, by having survived covid, would it not make sense to have an antibody testing program in place for those who do not want to get vaccinated and then offer them the same freedoms that are being offered to the vaccinated?

For those hesitant about getting their young children vaccinated ( or themselves) this could seem like a good good keeping parents comfortable mentally.

Would those who who are vaccinated be comfortable with people who do not want to get vaccinated but can prove they have naturally made antibodies?

A friend of mine has a daughter you currently is dealing with covid-, mild to moderate symptoms, afterwards is there any point in her getting vaccinated as well?"

I heard about a study coming out of the US showing that the immune response to vaccine plus infection is far more robust. How far you can or should extrapolate from that, I don't know. I also know that immunity from mucosal infections is less robust than other types of infections.

I'm not drawing any conclusions from this, just pieces of data which might inform the answer to the question

What have you done to help against covid? I'm quite happy for you to "get on with it", but the moment that you say you want other people to catch covid in order to allow you to "get on with it" then my answer is - you go catch it first, you take all your loved ones to go catch it. If it's safe enough for everyone elses children to catch covid, then it's safe enough for you and your children to catch covid."

In your bed

"If the immunity needed could be reached by people making antibodies naturally, by having survived covid, would it not make sense to have an antibody testing program in place for those who do not want to get vaccinated and then offer them the same freedoms that are being offered to the vaccinated?

A friend of mine has a daughter you currently is dealing with covid-, mild to moderate symptoms, afterwards is there any point in her getting vaccinated as well?"

I think they are still working on your final question as to whether natural immunity offers better or less protection than vaccine immunity.

So you may have to wait for the science to deliver on that, but very early on survivers blood was a valid treatment for the seriously infected.

As for your other question personally I don't have an issue but it's not really an individuals choice.

Most limitations are imposed by authorities and organisations. So it maybe a question of whether they would want to set up a verifiable system that can prove both vaccinations and antibodies.

I suspect proof of vaccination is the easiest and securiest method, which is pretty robust to be used across different agencies.

Adding the abilities to prove antibodies to that might be a challenge.

"

Zing!!!

We dont need to go to the hospital it is all around us. We must all have been massively exposed to it really, I dont see how we cant have been.

By *imited 3EditionCouple  over a year ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

It's not a given that exposing someone to covid virus in this manner would result in an infection. There are other factors at play. A study was done were a group of ppl had a set titre of viral particles (not covid) deposited in their nasal passages... not every subject went on to develop an infection.

Not everyone's immune system is dud. I know it's hard but being stressed and anxious about all this does nothing to help.

By *imited 3EditionCouple  over a year ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

A friend of mine has a daughter you currently is dealing with covid-, mild to moderate symptoms, afterwards is there any point in her getting vaccinated as well?

I think they are still working on your final question as to whether natural immunity offers better or less protection than vaccine immunity.

So you may have to wait for the science to deliver on that, but very early on survivers blood was a valid treatment for the seriously infected.

As for your other question personally I don't have an issue but it's not really an individuals choice.

Most limitations are imposed by authorities and organisations. So it maybe a question of whether they would want to set up a verifiable system that can prove both vaccinations and antibodies.

I suspect proof of vaccination is the easiest and securiest method, which is pretty robust to be used across different agencies.

Adding the abilities to prove antibodies to that might be a challenge. "

Proof of vaccination can't be very reliable when the same proof is given to trial participants who only got given the placebo. The thing is unblinding happened ages ago so there's no excuse for allowing this.

By *he Hobbit And MeCouple  over a year ago

southampton

The op is correct...

By *xycpl699Couple  over a year ago

kilmarnock

What have you done to help against covid? I'm quite happy for you to "get on with it", but the moment that you say you want other people to catch covid in order to allow you to "get on with it" then my answer is - you go catch it first, you take all your loved ones to go catch it. If it's safe enough for everyone elses children to catch covid, then it's safe enough for you and your children to catch covid. again this is what everyone who wants to get on with life is doing. For those that want to take the extra precautions fine for those that want to just get on with life fine. No need to start these threads and try to impose your beliefs on others.

I am not imposing my beliefs on anybody. All I am saying is that if you believe that the best course is for everyone to catch covid so that everyone becomes immune afterwards, then show your belief by doing it, before YOU impose YOUR belief on OTHERS."

Manchester (she/her)

Adding the abilities to prove antibodies to that might be a challenge.

Proof of vaccination can't be very reliable when the same proof is given to trial participants who only got given the placebo. The thing is unblinding happened ages ago so there's no excuse for allowing this. "

Trial participants given a placebo are given an exemption until they can get vaccinated.

And no, unblinding has not happened ages ago for all trials. (I'm on one at the moment - there's no placebo control, but I don't know what vaccine I got)

Besides, there are 40k of us across the country. It's not exactly a huge number. And at least 20k of those 40k are vaccinated.

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

I have been and never caught it !!! Because I’m fit and healthy ... the majority of people don’t end up in hospital it’s a respiratory virus !! Average age of death 82 .. bloody scare mongering g needs to stop

By *iss LovelyWoman  over a year ago

Here and There

My reply is: you get to the front of the queue then, show that you are willing to pay the price.

Equivalent of saying those who wish to drive cars should first go put their kids in front of a ten tonne lorry, that will teach them. "

It’s really not even similar to saying that

I'm trying as hard as I can been out for tea 4 times this week..... come on corona touch me with your pesky virus

"

I have been and never caught it !!! Because I’m fit and healthy ... the majority of people don’t end up in hospital it’s a respiratory virus !! Average age of death 82 .. bloody scare mongering g needs to stop "

The virus targets anywhere with the ACE2 receptor…which is practically everywhere. Multi-organ invasion is a feature of the virus.

Equivalent of saying those who wish to drive cars should first go put their kids in front of a ten tonne lorry, that will teach them.

It’s really not even similar to saying that "

Absolutely. With the threat this virus actually poses healthy children, it would be fairer to say it's the equivalent of putting them in front of a deflated space hopper.

By *dysseusukMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Correct i believe. Vaccine immunity is likely to last longer, although data still being generated; but natural + vaccine immunity much stronger together. Danger is always thinking of COVID in binary terms, and assuming that symptoms, mortality, impact on age groups etc will always be the same. I had Covid, so i don't need a jab; young people are at less risk (yes with Alpha and Beta, but less so with Delta).

I heard about a study coming out of the US showing that the immune response to vaccine plus infection is far more robust. How far you can or should extrapolate from that, I don't know. I also know that immunity from mucosal infections is less robust than other types of infections.

I'm not drawing any conclusions from this, just pieces of data which might inform the answer to the question"

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

This has been the message from some people, who never showed any guts to be even a feint shadow of the many brave people, like NHS staff and others, who lost many colleagues etc. This demanding want herd immunity at any cost to others. They've not done any humanitarian work, taken part in vaccine trials, probably not got vaccinated even. The simple facts of this epidemic and how it's defeated seem to evade them - restrictions or vaccines. Do both for the greatest effects.

Whiney sheep posts about next to no inconvenience and reposting fb acquired antivax BS etc, is what's brought this country to the state that its in. Selfish greed, without community minded giving for others, is the detritus akin to a collapsed sewar.

"

"

Going to cost a LOT for those who choose perpetual lockdown to be kept in the manner they may have become accustomed to. Prey tell who’s expected to fund this? The fairy workers who are still able to be productive? Or are those workers expendable?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I have been and never caught it !!! Because I’m fit and healthy ... the majority of people don’t end up in hospital it’s a respiratory virus !! Average age of death 82 .. bloody scare mongering g needs to stop "

You make it sound so light . Those people have lost an average of 10 years of their lives. Too often, because others didn't give a damn.

By *orset.JMan  over a year ago

Weymouth

"

Lockdowns are as a result of piss poor public health controls particularly track and trace and a porous border bio security control. You can live with this virus without exposing huge numbers of the population to it. We just need to learn how to be better at suppressing it. We have spend far too long in lockdown and other countries -whilst have numerous short lockdowns - have had far far more freedom than we have had in the past 18 months.

Going to cost a LOT for those who choose perpetual lockdown to be kept in the manner they may have become accustomed to. Prey tell who’s expected to fund this? The fairy workers who are still able to be productive? Or are those workers expendable? "

By *ackandtheunicornCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

I said from the beginning of the pandemic. give me and anyone who wants it COVID. Even have covid infection camps for those who want it.

These lockdowns were ridiculous and should never have happened.

"

» Add a new message to this topic