FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Is it logical to assume that eventually everybody will have been exposed to covid?

Is it logical to assume that eventually everybody will have been exposed to covid?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *litterbabe OP   Woman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I understand that we have been protecting the vulnerable, but is it fair to assume that at some point absolutely everybody will be exposed to covid?

Or will some people somehow be able to shield till the end of their natural life?

With the new way the track and trace app is going to be used and not be activated now for many people, so they won't even know if they are carrying it or have been exposed, eventually will it make its own way through the whole population?

If so is that the population of the country or the world?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It's probably inevitable that we'll all contract Covid at some stage.

By *orset.JMan  over a year ago

Weymouth

"I understand that we have been protecting the vulnerable, but is it fair to assume that at some point absolutely everybody will be exposed to covid?

Or will some people somehow be able to shield till the end of their natural life?

With the new way the track and trace app is going to be used and not be activated now for many people, so they won't even know if they are carrying it or have been exposed, eventually will it make its own way through the whole population?

If so is that the population of the country or the world?"

It’s a tricky one- if R drops below one for a prolonged period of time then possibly not everyone will contract it. If we get 80-85% of the population vaccinated then maybe not everyone will be infected.

The problem with Covid is that is spreads so quickly when restrictions are lifted that it overwhelms everything very quickly( both NHS and other vital services) .

Urban areas will have high seroconversion but many rural regions will avoid COVID

By *litterbabe OP   Woman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Latest R range for England

1.2 to 1.4

Latest growth rate range for England

+4% to +6%

per day

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

You could probably evade it if you live in a remote part of the world.

By *traight_no_iceMan  over a year ago

Stoke

I hope not. Even though with the Delta variant some experts stress that most will definitely get it, I hope that the vaccine will protect me from having any nasty symptoms or worse.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Some will come into contact but not acquire infection, possibly due to genetic differences in things like receptor numbers, immune system etc

The emergence of new variants might make it irrelevant how many people have or haven't had it/developed antibodies. If the antigens on new variants are sufficiently different, it'll make a limited amount of difference in terms of stopping it circulating.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"Some will come into contact but not acquire infection, possibly due to genetic differences in things like receptor numbers, immune system etc

"

I was wondering about this as no one in my family (whole family, not just household), from young to old has caught it, well had any symptoms, despite being out and about, working, school, medical appointments etc

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

"I understand that we have been protecting the vulnerable, but is it fair to assume that at some point absolutely everybody will be exposed to covid?

If so is that the population of the country or the world?"

That's about right.

Unless you live in a cave, never see anyone and grow your own food.

I'd prefer to get a jab.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's uncertain, as we don't know how the virus will evolve. And it may not matter too much, if the consequences are minimal.

We don't routinely vaccinate older people against HPV, as the majority have already caught this STI. It generally doesn't matter to or affect them.

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

Yes we will all have been exposed to Covid. The problem is that it seems to evolve rapidly and this new Gamma/Brazil variant seems to be vaccine resistant. Yay.

» Add a new message to this topic