FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Confused about international travel

Confused about international travel

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ittleMissCali OP   Woman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

As they are apparently not checking.. does that mean we no longer need tests etc... I have read about 5 different things and all say something different.

I'm planning on going to Iceland, then Sicily ( two trips not one after the other)

Not planning on going quite yet but... does anyone know

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

I would be checking the gov.uk information …

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

you will get more than 5 different answers on here.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Even if we have decided to stop checking the countries you are visiting probably haven’t.

If I was travelling I’d be using the list what you need to leave / return to the UK, along with what is required to arrive / depart the country you visit.

"Even if we have decided to stop checking the countries you are visiting probably haven’t.

If I was travelling I’d be using the list what you need to leave / return to the UK, along with what is required to arrive / depart the country you visit. "

I checked the government website.. and it doesnt seem to have changed but everywhere else it says it has. I know I need a test and my vaccine passport for most places I'm visiting. What I have been trying to find out is... if I am going for a 48 hour ish break... will one test cover me ???

On a mooch

As a quick link and for your reference as changes here are the pages

Iceland

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/iceland/entry-requirements#entry-rules-in-response-to-coronavirus-covid-19

Italy

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/italy/entry-requirements

On a mooch

"Even if we have decided to stop checking the countries you are visiting probably haven’t.

If I was travelling I’d be using the list what you need to leave / return to the UK, along with what is required to arrive / depart the country you visit. I checked the government website.. and it doesnt seem to have changed but everywhere else it says it has. I know I need a test and my vaccine passport for most places I'm visiting. What I have been trying to find out is... if I am going for a 48 hour ish break... will one test cover me ??? "

This is a snippet from this page

‘ Taking your test in the UK before travel

If you are returning to the UK within 3 days, you can use the result of a COVID-19 test that you take in the UK before you travel. You must use a private test provider for the test and not an NHS test.

The service on which you will arrive back in the UK must set off for the UK within 3 days of when you took the test.’

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-testing-for-people-travelling-to-england

So I’m not sure it will cover you, all depends on the date you do your outbound test

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The airline company’s are still checking everything

By *Just meMan  over a year ago

basingstoke

"As they are apparently not checking.. does that mean we no longer need tests etc... I have read about 5 different things and all say something different.

I'm planning on going to Iceland, then Sicily ( two trips not one after the other)

All you can do is check at the time on the official websites and verify things with your travelagent and airline etc... Our Country makes one set of rules but it is also up to the receiving country too (which the UK has no control of).

Not planning on going quite yet but... does anyone know "

By *rowser79Man  over a year ago

Cork

Have a look at Reopen EU. That site has up to date information about what is required when travelling to various countries

"As a quick link and for your reference as changes here are the pages

Iceland

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/iceland/entry-requirements#entry-rules-in-response-to-coronavirus-covid-19

Italy

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/italy/entry-requirements"

yeah other countries I've been keeping up to date with. But normally I go in a morning...stop over one or two nights and come back...

I also begrudge paying for another test when I already I'm tested numerous times per week.

If your elite and rich you can travel.. If your a pleb forget it and in their eye 99% of us are plebs. About time all of the 99 % wake up

Basically if you travel in times like this it's pot luck you takes your chances

Oh and don't moan and complain if where your going turns amber or red overnight

Oh get good insurance if they will cover you or pots full of cash

Oh good luck

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

A couple of points

Be selective on your choice of trst company, as many have complained about times of receiving results back. If your journey is short enough, 1 test should be enough, with a further 1 to cut short quarantine on your return, depending on the country and amber list status.

Hope you have wonderful trips

By *ot Wife BeckyCouple  over a year ago

Agde, France

Not sure why you’re asking, if you’re not planning on travelling soon.

We all know things change quickly, sometimes overnight. What’s valid now will almost certainly change in a few days or a week and nobody knows what changes will be made.

If you’re determined to go, be prepared for the worst case scenario.

Then you won’t be disappointed.

"I would be checking the gov.uk information …"

Remember 4th Aug.. is new guide line day.

All Change probably

Hopefully travelling in 2022. Waiting for things to calm down and make more sense. Even then it’s going to be weekend trips in Europe.

» Add a new message to this topic