FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Most COVID deaths in England now are in the vaccinated – here’s why that shouldn’t alarm you

Most COVID deaths in England now are in the vaccinated – here’s why that shouldn’t alarm you

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *leaserforPleasure OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Whitstable

Most Covid deaths in England are now in the vaccinated - here’s why that shouldn’t alarm you.

https://theconversation.com/most-covid-deaths-in-england-now-are-in-the-vaccinated-heres-why-that-shouldnt-alarm-you-163671

Originally published in The Conversation

Author Christian Yates, University of Bath.

Publication allowed under the Creative Commons License

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai / Nottingham

Assuming because MOST people are vaccinated? And vaccines don’t stop people dying WITH Covid from other things…..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Most Covid deaths in England are now in the vaccinated - here’s why that shouldn’t alarm you.

https://theconversation.com/most-covid-deaths-in-england-now-are-in-the-vaccinated-heres-why-that-shouldnt-alarm-you-163671

Originally published in The Conversation

Author Christian Yates, University of Bath.

Publication allowed under the Creative Commons License "

Thanks for this but I don't really need to be told the obvious conclusions. It's just common sense if you have down your research. To many people are spinning this for their own aims and scaremongering. Unfortunately not everyone has common sense or would have done their research so thanks for putting this on here for them.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It's risk reduction, as the article says, and older people have a higher risk to reduce in the first place.

By *drianukMan  over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

Tests conducted by Pfizer, AZ, Johnson and Johnson (Janssen) and Moderns were started with two groups for comparison...the vaccinated and a control get of the unvaccinated. That is good science.

They have now 'unrandomised' the tests by offering vaccines to the control groups. Moderna reports that 98% of the unvaccinated group have now been vaccinated

I can't for the life of me see how the efficacy or safety of such vaccines can now be honestly assessed. Anyone know?

Manchester (she/her)

"Tests conducted by Pfizer, AZ, Johnson and Johnson (Janssen) and Moderns were started with two groups for comparison...the vaccinated and a control get of the unvaccinated. That is good science.

They have now 'unrandomised' the tests by offering vaccines to the control groups. Moderna reports that 98% of the unvaccinated group have now been vaccinated

I can't for the life of me see how the efficacy or safety of such vaccines can now be honestly assessed. Anyone know?"

What, you expect that trial conditions should continue after the end of the trial?

As a trial participant, I consider that would be a violation of my human rights and likely beyond the permitted scope of the Declaration of Helsinki.

I have the right to leave a study at any time, and I'm pretty sure it's unethical to use placebo where treatment options exist.

What about my human rights?

Spain, Lancs

The trials were still ongoing.

Giving the vaccine was discussed with participants. There was no dishonesty.

But how can proper comparisons be made where the control group is no longer any different to the vaccinated group?

Anyone see a way around this?

Manchester (she/her)

"The trials were still ongoing.

Giving the vaccine was discussed with participants. There was no dishonesty.

But how can proper comparisons be made where the control group is no longer any different to the vaccinated group?

Anyone see a way around this?"

No, after trials end, those offered a placebo are offered the vaccine which the trial has shown to be effective. As per any drug, the approval is based on phases 1, 2, and 3. You're thinking about phase 4, which is post marketing safety monitoring, not involving trial volunteers.

Are you suggesting that trial participants should be deprived of an intervention that medical authorities have judged to be safe, for purity of data?

That they should be endangered by an ongoing pandemic, outside any ethical protocol for human subjects?

That their participation should be involuntarily extended indefinitely?

Goodness, how unethical.

Maybe we should look at the data of the people who are not vaccinated instead, rather than blatantly violating ethical standards which derive from the 1940s-50s.

Public collated data, anonymised. You know, like we're already doing.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"Tests conducted by Pfizer, AZ, Johnson and Johnson (Janssen) and Moderns were started with two groups for comparison...the vaccinated and a control get of the unvaccinated. That is good science.

I can't for the life of me see how the efficacy or safety of such vaccines can now be honestly assessed. Anyone know?

What, you expect that trial conditions should continue after the end of the trial?

As a trial participant, I consider that would be a violation of my human rights and likely beyond the permitted scope of the Declaration of Helsinki.

I have the right to leave a study at any time, and I'm pretty sure it's unethical to use placebo where treatment options exist.

What about my human rights?"

What, do you mean that they let the test subjects out of the cages at the end of the trials? I thought that big pharma were an evil empire performing unethical experimentation on puppies, kittens and homeless people that they picked up off the streets! It's the escape of the mutated creatures from the Wuhan lab that got us into this mess in the first place. I know it's true, they made a movie about it, it's called The Evil Dead. These labs need to be fitted with automatic flamethrowers to stop escapees, and nuclear failsafe devices so that the entire city can be toasted if something should get out!

Spain, Lancs

The British Medical Journal stated:

The BMJ asked Moderna, Pfizer, and Janssen (Johnson and Johnson) what proportion of trial participants were now formally unblinded, and how many originally allocated to placebo have now received a vaccine. Pfizer declined to say, but Moderna announced that 'as of April 13, all placebo participants have been offered the Moderna Covid-19 vaccine and 98% of those have received the vaccine.' In other words, the trial is unblinded, and the placebo group no longer exists. Janssen … confirmed it was implementing an amended protocol across all countries to unblind all participants in its two phase III trials.

Manchester (she/her)

What, do you mean that they let the test subjects out of the cages at the end of the trials? I thought that big pharma were an evil empire performing unethical experimentation on puppies, kittens and homeless people that they picked up off the streets! It's the escape of the mutated creatures from the Wuhan lab that got us into this mess in the first place. I know it's true, they made a movie about it, it's called The Evil Dead. These labs need to be fitted with automatic flamethrowers to stop escapees, and nuclear failsafe devices so that the entire city can be toasted if something should get out!"

The lab I go to has a temperature gun and a driveway. And they make us wear masks.

And they have biscuits.

Manchester (she/her)

"The British Medical Journal stated:

The BMJ asked Moderna, Pfizer, and Janssen (Johnson and Johnson) what proportion of trial participants were now formally unblinded, and how many originally allocated to placebo have now received a vaccine. Pfizer declined to say, but Moderna announced that 'as of April 13, all placebo participants have been offered the Moderna Covid-19 vaccine and 98% of those have received the vaccine.' In other words, the trial is unblinded, and the placebo group no longer exists. Janssen … confirmed it was implementing an amended protocol across all countries to unblind all participants in its two phase III trials."

The phase three trials which are over and reported on, yes?

By *Marvel-Man  over a year ago

In The Gym

I can't for the life of me see how the efficacy or safety of such vaccines can now be honestly assessed. Anyone know?"

All you need to do is read about clinical trials. Then read what happens with the unvaccinated participants once the trial ends. Then you'd not even be asking this.

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

What, do you mean that they let the test subjects out of the cages at the end of the trials? I thought that big pharma were an evil empire performing unethical experimentation on puppies, kittens and homeless people that they picked up off the streets! It's the escape of the mutated creatures from the Wuhan lab that got us into this mess in the first place. I know it's true, they made a movie about it, it's called The Evil Dead. These labs need to be fitted with automatic flamethrowers to stop escapees, and nuclear failsafe devices so that the entire city can be toasted if something should get out!"

The Evil Dead? I think I've seen that documentary. That's the one where the unvaccinated die a slow lingering horrible painful death in the end isn't it?

E

Manchester (she/her)

What, do you mean that they let the test subjects out of the cages at the end of the trials? I thought that big pharma were an evil empire performing unethical experimentation on puppies, kittens and homeless people that they picked up off the streets! It's the escape of the mutated creatures from the Wuhan lab that got us into this mess in the first place. I know it's true, they made a movie about it, it's called The Evil Dead. These labs need to be fitted with automatic flamethrowers to stop escapees, and nuclear failsafe devices so that the entire city can be toasted if something should get out!

The Evil Dead? I think I've seen that documentary. That's the one where the unvaccinated die a slow lingering horrible painful death in the end isn't it?

E"

And people want to impose that on those unlucky enough to receive placebo. Some thanks for helping develop a new medications which means we can open up again.

The South

E

And people want to impose that on those unlucky enough to receive placebo. Some thanks for helping develop a new medications which means we can open up again. "

Forgive me the possible over simplification...

Trials are over.

Results are in and recorded.

Trial volunteers on the placebo can now be given the vaccine.

How can the now vaccinated placebo volunteers possibly affect the trial, (or the results) if the trial is over and the results have been previously recorded?

E

By *leaserforPleasure OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Whitstable

"

E"

If it was stated that a side effect of being vaccinated (for males) was that your cocked would get sucked, guaranteed, the uptake would be 100%

The South

"

E

If it was stated that a side effect of being vaccinated (for males) was that your cocked would get sucked, guaranteed, the uptake would be 100% "

M has had the vaccine, so if I suck his cock am I automatically getting the vaccine, albeit a slightly diluted sample?

E

Manchester (she/her)

"

E

If it was stated that a side effect of being vaccinated (for males) was that your cocked would get sucked, guaranteed, the uptake would be 100%

M has had the vaccine, so if I suck his cock am I automatically getting the vaccine, albeit a slightly diluted sample?

E"

Homeopathic vaccine?

Extra powerful?

The South

"

E

E

Homeopathic vaccine?

Extra powerful?"

If anyone else needs a "jab" please get in touch.

E

By *imes_berksMan  over a year ago

Bracknell

"The British Medical Journal stated:

The BMJ asked Moderna, Pfizer, and Janssen (Johnson and Johnson) what proportion of trial participants were now formally unblinded, and how many originally allocated to placebo have now received a vaccine. Pfizer declined to say, but Moderna announced that 'as of April 13, all placebo participants have been offered the Moderna Covid-19 vaccine and 98% of those have received the vaccine.' In other words, the trial is unblinded, and the placebo group no longer exists. Janssen … confirmed it was implementing an amended protocol across all countries to unblind all participants in its two phase III trials."

Congrats you have answered your question. Phase 1 to 3 trials needed for a drug/vaccine to be assessed whether it can go to market. These trials have finished and the vaccines are now in use. Hence the control group trials have been completed the trials and can have a vaccine. If you come back about the post approval monitoring, which doesn’t need a control group, it will show you have no understanding of the process

Manchester (she/her)

E

And people want to impose that on those unlucky enough to receive placebo. Some thanks for helping develop a new medications which means we can open up again.

Forgive me the possible over simplification...

Trials are over.

Results are in and recorded.

Trial volunteers on the placebo can now be given the vaccine.

How can the now vaccinated placebo volunteers possibly affect the trial, (or the results) if the trial is over and the results have been previously recorded?

E"

I've got no goddamn idea.

Thankfully (or not as it were) we've got plenty of people who are not taking the vaccine, and so we can collate data based on people's free choices in order to see efficacy in real time.

I wouldn't want to be in the non-intervention arm, but people are more than welcome to refuse any of the vaccines if they choose.

» Add a new message to this topic