FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Afraid of stepping into that Arena again

Afraid of stepping into that Arena again

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I know it doesn't make sense but after 16 months of yearning to feel what going into a Swinger Club feels like again, I suddenly feel almost too afraid to take the next step.

Same goes for asking someone to do new pics of me or have first new meet. Yet before this I partied like no tomorrow.... How do other lovely people feel....dive in and be honest xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ellhungvweMan  over a year ago

Cheltenham

I know what you mean OP but I think that at some point life needs to go on. If you have taken all the reasonable precautions you can and you still feel the risk is too high then I guess that means you probably shouldn’t do it. If, however, you think it is ok then you just need to get back on the saddle and go for it. IMHO.

By *otjam1Man  over a year ago

Upminster

I know the feeling, me and my wife feel the same way. We loved the scene prior to lockdown

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

I don't think you're on your own feeling anxious. I was the same but soon relaxed once we got into Chams last week. We are taking all precautions and have done throughout and the club are asking for proof of double vaccination. We test ourselves twice weekly too.

I'd recommend starting with places and people you know which may give you more confidence in dipping your toes into the water again.

Good luck xx

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's understandable and it's important to move at your pace. I'd probably go on a quieter day and time, deciding to limit the duration and what you do there, for earlier visits. These steps will reduce potential risks, as would the choice of club. Taking the smaller steps that are right for you will make it probably seem less daunting. You may find that you are more relaxed and feel more confident than you expect more quickly than you may think, once back in there

By *rincess PhoenixWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

I've had a couple of new first meets which were nerve wracking but feel okay with it now however I'm going to club in a couple of weeks after 16mths of not going and I'm really nervous about it too but it's paid for so I have to go

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

Everyone is going thru this differently and in their own way. I think it's more important to do things when you feel ready and safe rather than feeling obliged just because the government says that it's ok to.

Ignore the FOMO and take whatever steps you feel to in your own time.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"I know it doesn't make sense but after 16 months of yearning to feel what going into a Swinger Club feels like again, I suddenly feel almost too afraid to take the next step.

Same goes for asking someone to do new pics of me or have first new meet. Yet before this I partied like no tomorrow.... How do other lovely people feel....dive in and be honest xx"

Ive had two jabs and although not 100% affective i feel as save as i possibly can be and im going to go on and live my life again.

By *octordigitsMan  over a year ago

Cheshire

Completely agree with the idea that it’s an individual decision - I’ve been back to both Cupid’s and Chameleons - I’ve been double jabbed and personally feel the boost I got from the experiences outweighed the potential risks

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

Totally agree.

Keep saying, maybe next week.

Going to Gran Canaria in September so hoping the holiday / swinging vibe will give us the push we need, or maybe not.

To us, swinging is a bit of a hobby nothing more.

So not over anxious about when we dip our toes in again.

Really have missed Cap D'Agde this year..and last.

By *spotpleasurerMan  over a year ago

Norwich

1) Are you double vaccinated?

2) Do you feel comfortable not wearing a mask in enclosed spaces like public transport, supermarkets, shops, busy pubs?

If you answered no, you're probably not ready to enjoy a club experience in close proximity with others.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

It makes perfect sense, many of us have covid anxiety, I cannot handle busy ikea atm let alone a night club, having small exposure for a few minutes every day is helping, much more pushes me into brain fog which leads to a panic attack if I cannot change my surroundings

Thanks for the support x

"It makes perfect sense, many of us have covid anxiety, I cannot handle busy ikea atm let alone a night club, having small exposure for a few minutes every day is helping, much more pushes me into brain fog which leads to a panic attack if I cannot change my surroundings "

Hope things get easier hun xx

"It makes perfect sense, many of us have covid anxiety, I cannot handle busy ikea atm let alone a night club, having small exposure for a few minutes every day is helping, much more pushes me into brain fog which leads to a panic attack if I cannot change my surroundings "

Hope things get easier hun xx

"Totally agree.

Keep saying, maybe next week.

Going to Gran Canaria in September so hoping the holiday / swinging vibe will give us the push we need, or maybe not.

To us, swinging is a bit of a hobby nothing more.

So not over anxious about when we dip our toes in again.

Really have missed Cap D'Agde this year..and last. "

I can understand that. Its like missing a piece of yourself xx

"1) Are you double vaccinated?

2) Do you feel comfortable not wearing a mask in enclosed spaces like public transport, supermarkets, shops, busy pubs?

If you answered no, you're probably not ready to enjoy a club experience in close proximity with others."

I am double vaccinated and wear mask only in some situations, and yes in that respect the physical side has been dealt with, its time to get my head around things mentally thanks xx

"Everyone is going thru this differently and in their own way. I think it's more important to do things when you feel ready and safe rather than feeling obliged just because the government says that it's ok to.

Ignore the FOMO and take whatever steps you feel to in your own time."

Thanks for your support love xx

"I know the feeling, me and my wife feel the same way. We loved the scene prior to lockdown "

I hope we all get back to where we should be hun xx

By *inkycatWoman  over a year ago

High Wycombe

It really does make sense OP - I wasn’t sure I could do it (and had the added complication of it being my first time in an evening since my partner died).

I wear a mask still in shops and stuff and don’t like to be too close to people (although I did go to the Euros at Wembley). But the precautions in the club were as good as they could possibly be and I soon felt at ease, even if not having a mask on was weird!

If you have a club you’ve attended regularly then I’d start there. I also had a hotel room booked next door so that I knew I could just leave if I felt uncomfortable at any point and wouldn’t be worrying about driving after a panic attack or something.

I didn’t need to worry though - it was lovely! So nice to be almost normal. A lot of people were the same, wanting to chat and catch up and no pressure to play from the single guys. I even ended up playing which I hadn’t thought would even be a possibility on Friday morning.

"I don't think you're on your own feeling anxious. I was the same but soon relaxed once we got into Chams last week. We are taking all precautions and have done throughout and the club are asking for proof of double vaccination. We test ourselves twice weekly too.

I'd recommend starting with places and people you know which may give you more confidence in dipping your toes into the water again.

Good luck xx"

Thanks love xx

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It's difficult, isn't it?

Our worlds have been turned upside down, in some ways - I think returning to normal is challenging for a lot of us.

I'm doing my own risk assessment and letting that guide me, as I have throughout. You do what you feel is right - it's all we're left with, I think.

"It's difficult, isn't it?

Our worlds have been turned upside down, in some ways - I think returning to normal is challenging for a lot of us.

I'm doing my own risk assessment and letting that guide me, as I have throughout. You do what you feel is right - it's all we're left with, I think."

I think this is the only way to go, and thanks for your support xxx

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"It's difficult, isn't it?

I'm doing my own risk assessment and letting that guide me, as I have throughout. You do what you feel is right - it's all we're left with, I think.

I think this is the only way to go, and thanks for your support xxx

"

Of course. I hope you successfully navigate this difficult time. (As in, without too much distress)

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"I know it doesn't make sense but after 16 months of yearning to feel what going into a Swinger Club feels like again, I suddenly feel almost too afraid to take the next step.

Same goes for asking someone to do new pics of me or have first new meet. Yet before this I partied like no tomorrow.... How do other lovely people feel....dive in and be honest xx"

to be honest I thought I'd be through the door the day the clubs opened.. however work prevented that but then my favourite club decided to not so any checks for covid to get in...and it's made me very hesitant to go.

Saying that it's a good job I didnt go for opening weekend as I've tested negative, been double jabbed but my daughter whom I share a house with and am having to look after tested positive Sunday morning.

Same goes for asking someone to do new pics of me or have first new meet. Yet before this I partied like no tomorrow.... How do other lovely people feel....dive in and be honest xx to be honest I thought I'd be through the door the day the clubs opened.. however work prevented that but then my favourite club decided to not so any checks for covid to get in...and it's made me very hesitant to go.

Saying that it's a good job I didnt go for opening weekend as I've tested negative, been double jabbed but my daughter whom I share a house with and am having to look after tested positive Sunday morning. "

Bless you hun, I do hope all is ok xx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Exactly this. We were due to meet a lovely couple last Saturday, but Tigger got ill. In this climate the only thing to do was raincheck for another time.

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

I think like others have said being double jabbed, I will probably do a lateral flow the day before the club just to be safer rather than sorry

By *couseratMan  over a year ago

Eastbourne

Why rush things.

Start to get to know others, maybe reconnect with old friends on here. In time you might change your feelings towards this.

"Why rush things.

Start to get to know others, maybe reconnect with old friends on here. In time you might change your feelings towards this."

Thanks for your support hun xx

I think we all feel the same to different degrees W, the simple fact is it will likely take a bit of time to find our feet again, or indeed or new feet xxx

Same goes for asking someone to do new pics of me or have first new meet. Yet before this I partied like no tomorrow.... How do other lovely people feel....dive in and be honest xx

I think we all feel the same to different degrees W, the simple fact is it will likely take a bit of time to find our feet again, or indeed or new feet xxx"

Thanks huni, it's good to hear from you xxx

I think we all feel the same to different degrees W, the simple fact is it will likely take a bit of time to find our feet again, or indeed or new feet xxx

Thanks huni, it's good to hear from you xxx"

Mwah x

» Add a new message to this topic