FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Moral justice warrior

Moral justice warrior

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So, when clambering aboard a bus or train, do you pull up your mask, then sit down and pull the mask down because you've successfully gas lighted the bus / train attendant?

If so, do you really give a fuck about anybody other than yourself?

Asking for a friend.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No but I suggest trains having mask on and mask off coaches.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"No but I suggest trains having mask on and mask off coaches."

Good idea

"No but I suggest trains having mask on and mask off coaches.

Good idea"

That ain't going to assist in halting the spread of the virus though!!

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

A stupid woman on the bus pulled her mask down to sneeze, then pulled it back up.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'd like this.

By *imited 3EditionCouple  over a year ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

Am i the only one who lacks confidence in how much of a defence masks actually are when all I see around me is the majority of people continually contaminating their masks either by touching the front with their fingers or shoving them under their chins?

In my view it's a measure that instils a false sense of security given people are not replacing them often enough and instead ramming them into their pockets for the next time.

Still, having said all that..I like wearing one simply for the anonymity it affords on the rare occasions i do go out

By *ootballFlowerCouple  over a year ago

Mansfield

Doesn't seem very fair on the staff to be honest.

When the smoking ban was introduced it was to protect those around the smokers from the effects of second hand smoke - I see the wearing of masks as the same principle.

By *traight_no_iceMan  over a year ago

Stoke

I took the tube today, luckily not during the rush hour and I wore my mask. Unfortunately some people were not wearing. Someone had put a few stickers inside the carriage with Anti-vaxxers propaganda about Russian Roulette with the vaccines

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"Am i the only one who lacks confidence in how much of a defence masks actually are when all I see around me is the majority of people continually contaminating their masks either by touching the front with their fingers or shoving them under their chins?

In my view it's a measure that instils a false sense of security given people are not replacing them often enough and instead ramming them into their pockets for the next time.

Still, having said all that..I like wearing one simply for the anonymity it affords on the rare occasions i do go out "

The evidence shows that they can reduce infections but styles of use could impact their effectiveness, of course? I'd still prefer people to be wearing them, when in proximity to others and especially when there's poor ventilation.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"So, when clambering aboard a bus or train, do you pull up your mask, then sit down and pull the mask down because you've successfully gas lighted the bus / train attendant?

Asking for a friend."

Why is that gas lighting?

By *erDirtyRockstarMan  over a year ago

buckinghamshire

There's always been a segregated sect of people who I class as the 'dont give a fuck mate' sorts! It's important we all remain vigilant, this rubbish is far from over for us all I fear..

Manchester (she/her)

"Am i the only one who lacks confidence in how much of a defence masks actually are when all I see around me is the majority of people continually contaminating their masks either by touching the front with their fingers or shoving them under their chins?

Still, having said all that..I like wearing one simply for the anonymity it affords on the rare occasions i do go out "

If we're going to worry about how others wear their masks... I mean, I think that ship has long since sailed, but I'd nominate the chin bra over the touching face.

By *amyam5627Man  over a year ago

Swadlincote

To be honest, I’ve been wearing a mask since a couple of weeks before they became law, still wear it now when customers in shop.

This is the healthiest I’ve been, no colds, no feeling ill……..and I’m customer facing, so they must do something good

I think it’s going to be open season with multiple variants at the same time come winter time; a pandemic of variants.

They could also have a carriage for the people who love being offended by literally everything.

By *isoCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle

They could also have a carriage for the people who love being offended by literally everything."

They could also have a carriage for the people who love being offended by literally everything."

That would be packed!

By *dam and slutCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

Many women of the Islamic faith have been wearing masks before we non Islamic faith people were asked to wear them.

I wonder how many of the covid mask wearing crowd on here were anti niqab, probably quite a few I suspect.

Adam

Manchester (she/her)

"Many women of the Islamic faith have been wearing masks before we non Islamic faith people were asked to wear them.

I wonder how many of the covid mask wearing crowd on here were anti niqab, probably quite a few I suspect.

Adam"

Well isn't that comparing apples and goats...

And no, I'm not anti niqab.

"Many women of the Islamic faith have been wearing masks before we non Islamic faith people were asked to wear them.

Adam"

Oh come on!

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Saltaire

Doesn't seem very fair on the staff to be honest.

When the smoking ban was introduced it was to protect those around the smokers from the effects of second hand smoke - I see the wearing of masks as the same principle. "

Having one end of a train reserved for unmasked, the other for masked, would at least give people a choice. And I would see that as being easier for train staff to control than it basically being a free for all.

As you say non-smoking carriages, and later the smoking ban, allowed people to protect themselves form the effects of second hand smoke. I very much see masks as being a way for people to be protected from the effects of second hand air - but the effectiveness is only really there when all the people in the same enclosed area are all wearing them.

Lots of people just don't give a toss about the health and lives of others. That's what it boils down to.

And it's not as if wearing a mask for a short while is any great hardship.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

In reality, the one thing that a mask does, is restrict the distance that the breath is projected, a "contaminated" mask will be no less effective at that job.

Cal

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

I would put my mask on and keep my mask on for the duration. It’s not hard

"I would put my mask on and keep my mask on for the duration. It’s not hard "

I have always worn my mask as per the rules, however even I had to remove mine the other day due to the heat. I could have kept it on but would have probably collapsed. So yes at times it can be hard.

"I would put my mask on and keep my mask on for the duration. It’s not hard

I have always worn my mask as per the rules, however even I had to remove mine the other day due to the heat. I could have kept it on but would have probably collapsed. So yes at times it can be hard."

It makes me a lot more sympathetic towards the ICU staff who have to wear the not-comfortable, and tight-fitting, N95/N99 fitted-facepieces (FFP2/3). Although I also wear the N95 face-masks, mine are the ear-loop type.

By *stbury DavenportMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

Put your mask on before you leave the house. Don't touch it again until you back in the house and taking it off again. I don't find this difficult. I appreciate other people do, but I struggle to comprehend it.

I recently walked seven miles in 25°C heat wearing three overlapping masks. It wasn't even especially uncomfortable, and I'm someone who struggles very badly in warm weather. Stopped for water twice when nobody else was around, touching only the straps.

By *aussageMan  over a year ago

sherborne

"

I recently walked seven miles in 25°C heat wearing three overlapping masks.

"

Walking outside .. alone .. wearing 3 masks? LOL you people are fucking insane.

By *luttyLaylaWoman  over a year ago

North West

"So, when clambering aboard a bus or train, do you pull up your mask, then sit down and pull the mask down because you've successfully gas lighted the bus / train attendant?

Asking for a friend."

I’d say this is how the majority of people use them.

The same one thrown on your dashboard or in hand bags and put on/ taken off between different shops and things.

Worn for the sake of it.

When they done the test on the news they sneezed and coughed with the mask on and it had little to no effect - saying that placebos have been known to work a lot of peoples physical issues form because manifestation

Nottingham

"I recently walked seven miles in 25°C heat wearing three overlapping masks.

Walking outside .. alone .. wearing 3 masks? LOL you people are fucking insane."

If only I *had* been alone. Shitloads of people about.

I have to wear three masks because I have such a massive head. Two to cover my face-holes, a third to keep them in place.

Very telling that you made up some circumstances to suit your prejudices, applied them to some imaginary other, and then followed them with an ableist slur. Very telling indeed.

By *urplechesterCouple  over a year ago

chester

Do people actually believe that separating the unmasked from the masked on trains for example is the right thing to do? So those with medical conditions who cannot wear a mask, or those with autistic 11+ kids who also can’t wear masks to the left, mask wearers to the right?? This mindset worries me ! Miss PC

"Do people actually believe that separating the unmasked from the masked on trains for example is the right thing to do? So those with medical conditions who cannot wear a mask, or those with autistic 11+ kids who also can’t wear masks to the left, mask wearers to the right?? This mindset worries me ! Miss PC"

I suppose if all those who could wear a mask wore them then those who can't for medical reasons would have greater protection

By *tingly ByronMan  over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

"

Walking outside .. alone .. wearing 3 masks? LOL you people are fucking insane."

Man taking sensible precautions to protect himself and those around him, charged with insanity by man who made up an imaginary situation in order to ridicule.

What a time to be alive.

Manchester (she/her)

I thought we were supposed to be making our own decisions now?

If so, why are people criticising mask wearing? Should we be criticising non mask wearing too?

Does it really matter how someone wears a mask, if you're happy not wearing a mask? Other people are presumably doing what they can with the knowledge and resources they have at their disposal.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"

Walking outside .. alone .. wearing 3 masks? LOL you people are fucking insane.

Man taking sensible precautions to protect himself and those around him, charged with insanity by man who made up an imaginary situation in order to ridicule.

What a time to be alive. "

Nottingham

Here’s an interesting exercise for you:

Take any statement about mask-wearing, and swap out the words “wear a mask” for “help protect other people from the deadly pandemic”.

“What’s he doing helping to protect other people from the fucking deadly pandemic?”

“I personally wouldn’t help protect other people from the deadly pandemic outside.”

“Walking outside .. alone .. helping protect other people from the deadly pandemic? LOL you people are fucking insane.”

By *Marvel-Man  over a year ago

In The Gym

"Here’s an interesting exercise for you:

Take any statement about mask-wearing, and swap out the words “wear a mask” for “help protect other people from the deadly pandemic”.

“What’s he doing helping to protect other people from the fucking deadly pandemic?”

“I personally wouldn’t help protect other people from the deadly pandemic outside.”

“Walking outside .. alone .. helping protect other people from the deadly pandemic? LOL you people are fucking insane.”

"

Love this.

Having read your views on Paliative care medicine I read your views on masks with a little scepticism. The simple fact with masks is something is better than nothing, yes they can be used more effectively but I’d rather see people use them then not at all.

"I thought we were supposed to be making our own decisions now?

If so, why are people criticising mask wearing? Should we be criticising non mask wearing too?

Does it really matter how someone wears a mask, if you're happy not wearing a mask? Other people are presumably doing what they can with the knowledge and resources they have at their disposal. "

Lots of mask and non-mask wearing bashing going on. Calling people who wear them stupid and trying to make those who don’t feel guilty. This works is quickly becoming a really shitty and toxic place

"I thought we were supposed to be making our own decisions now?

Does it really matter how someone wears a mask, if you're happy not wearing a mask? Other people are presumably doing what they can with the knowledge and resources they have at their disposal.

Lots of mask and non-mask wearing bashing going on. Calling people who wear them stupid and trying to make those who don’t feel guilty. This works is quickly becoming a really shitty and toxic place "

World even grrr

By *hrobbermanMan  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

The full N95 mask is required in sawmills, furniture manufacture etc. That is to keep out sawdust, varnish particles. These sawdust and wood particles are hundreds of times larger than any virus particles. Labs require full Hazmat Suits and breathing systems.

The fabric and disposable masks worn for the last year are as good as useless. Except perhaps to catch very large globs of phlegm and snot expelled by someone.

People are free to continue wearing them as they see fit. On July 19th they became officially useless in England and Wales.

Manchester (she/her)

"The full N95 mask is required in sawmills, furniture manufacture etc. That is to keep out sawdust, varnish particles. These sawdust and wood particles are hundreds of times larger than any virus particles. Labs require full Hazmat Suits and breathing systems.

The fabric and disposable masks worn for the last year are as good as useless. Except perhaps to catch very large globs of phlegm and snot expelled by someone.

People are free to continue wearing them as they see fit. On July 19th they became officially useless in England and Wales."

I believe they're still required in Wales.

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

"The full N95 mask is required in sawmills, furniture manufacture etc. That is to keep out sawdust, varnish particles. These sawdust and wood particles are hundreds of times larger than any virus particles. Labs require full Hazmat Suits and breathing systems.

People are free to continue wearing them as they see fit. On July 19th they became officially useless in England and Wales."

If it’s catching large globs of phlegm and spit then I think it’s a great idea to carry on wearing them

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Saltaire

People are free to continue wearing them as they see fit. On July 19th they became officially useless in England and Wales.

If it’s catching large globs of phlegm and spit then I think it’s a great idea to carry on wearing them "

Urghh yeah! The world would be a hugely nicer place if everyone could just keep their large globs to themselves.

By *hrobbermanMan  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

I believe they're still required in Wales."

Motorists should keep their eyes peeled for a large active & aggressive Covid Cloud hovering on the Welsh side of the A55 border crossing at Flint. And at the Welsh end of the Severn Bridge.

Manchester (she/her)

If it’s catching large globs of phlegm and spit then I think it’s a great idea to carry on wearing them

Urghh yeah! The world would be a hugely nicer place if everyone could just keep their large globs to themselves."

Yup. If people could be less gross, that'd be great

Manchester (she/her)

I believe they're still required in Wales.

Motorists should keep their eyes peeled for a large active & aggressive Covid Cloud hovering on the Welsh side of the A55 border crossing at Flint. And at the Welsh end of the Severn Bridge."

Because obviously the law matches the science

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

Forget public transport get a car no masks needed.

By *LiamMan  over a year ago

Midlands

"

Nottingham

"Forget public transport get a car no masks needed."

Great! You personally are going to give me the money to learn to drive, buy me a car, buy me a home where I can leave a car, and pay for me to move into it! Right?

And then you're going to develop technology that allows everybody who cannot drive for medical reasons to have a car, pay for them to have it, and pay for them to move somewhere they can keep it!

Right?

Right?

Nottingham

"I recently walked seven miles in 25°C heat wearing three overlapping masks.

Walking outside .. alone .. wearing 3 masks? LOL you people are fucking insane. "

Did you read the further discussion of this above, or did you also jump directly to making stuff up, othering, and ableist slurs? Because it really does say a lot about you as a person.

Newcastle

"Forget public transport get a car no masks needed.

Great! You personally are going to give me the money to learn to drive, buy me a car, buy me a home where I can leave a car, and pay for me to move into it! Right?

And then you're going to develop technology that allows everybody who cannot drive for medical reasons to have a car, pay for them to have it, and pay for them to move somewhere they can keep it!

Right?

Right? "

You don't ask for much do you

By *aussageMan  over a year ago

sherborne

If you go to pubmed and look at the published data on mask use and viral transmission you'll see there is almost no reduction in transmission for surgical or cloth masks. Only n95 masks statically offered any protection. Cloth masks especially are an infection risk due to contamination and pathogen growth. Think bacterial pneumonia. This should really come as no surprise as they aren't designed for that. A mask is just a virtue signal for your face. It shows your unquestioning obedience to authority and has little to do with science. It also doubles up as a nice visual reminder there is even a pandemic at all. Without you might not have all the normies living in a constant state of fear, unable to make rational decisions or come to sensible conclusions. All it would take for these already double jabbed people to give up their remaining rights is for the government to announce another new deadly variant. I'm sure they would gladly stay at home forever sucking off the financial bosom of the state.

By *ptomsMan  over a year ago

lincoln

No. The evidence doesn’t prove that face coverings work. Unless your evidence comes from the daily mail or the BBC. When it is acceptable to pull your T shirt over your face. How can that be right. Even the WHO admit face coverings do little to prevent the spread, they have published papers on the subject previously. If face coverings were the answer there would be a specification we would have to follow. Instead we use the bacteria ridden one use mask repeatedly which probably does more harm than good.

Asking for a friend."

I just don't wear one in the first place, Seems childish to pretend i'm going to just so i don't get in trouble off the bus driver.

Manchester (she/her)

It's my face and I'll cover it if I want to.

Nottingham

Right?

Right?

You don't ask for much do you "

I'm not the one who blithely demanded everyone just magically get a car somehow.

There is no way to police the wearing of face masks on the trains so more and more people will just stop wearing them.

In Scotland you still have to wear them by law but almost half the passengers in the afternoon to evenings no longer wear them.

Manchester (she/her)

Right?

Right?

I'm not the one who blithely demanded everyone just magically get a car somehow. "

I suggest a better alternative is "if you have a car, don't worry about it. If you don't have a car, please be considerate of others"

Newcastle

Right?

Right?

I'm not the one who blithely demanded everyone just magically get a car somehow. "

You didn't just ask for a house

» Add a new message to this topic