FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Divided we fall

Divided we fall

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

We have mulled over this about deciding wether to post or not,

Here on fab and in swing communities we are drawn here because we have a way of life in common and for the most part of society we would be outcast for many people if work friends and or family find out about our lives in the lifestyle.

Personally We think the thread about virus has run it coarse, and it’s seems to be very divisive, on almost every thread it turns into some sort of aggressive nature, quit funny sometime watch a guy argue about the merits of vaccination while his profile picture is of him getting head off a guy while a woman argues back with a profile picture getting ploughed by three or four men, quite amusing. But that aside, it has dived what was a fun loving community and we need to get back to that,

Why don’t we have a head topic with religion or race, because of what it could bring, it’s not what this site is about surely, the topic of Covid has such strong feelings where no one is right or wrong, it just divides, we watch, we comment, we get reactions, and finally conflict prevails.

We see a thread already asking for the end of the Covid thread and We agree, we joined to have fun with like minded people, not have another them and us,

What matters in life is that we keep all our freedoms, and can continue to do things we enjoy, already we see the impact on our enjoyment… when it’s gone it’s gone forever.

Be kind to each other x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The covid threads are in their own section thankfully. The fun stuff is in other sections. Tbh, I only look in this forum for a giggle. It really lightens my mood at times. Let's keep it!!

Imo the covid forum is easy to avoid. Covid is still part of life so remove the forum and threads will pop up in all forums.

It’s a fair point , although we see like there should be no politics in sport like in the olympics …

Lifestyle site we think should be the same…..

There are enough other sites for that… it keeps people divided , I think the site is for the opposite hahah. But continues to divide people when looking at their world views, which when the mrs is blowing someone should not really matter lol

"It’s a fair point , although we see like there should be no politics in sport like in the olympics …

There are enough other sites for that… it keeps people divided , I think the site is for the opposite hahah. But continues to divide people when looking at their world views, which when the mrs is blowing someone should not really matter lol

"

This place is divided regardless... Does sucking dick make me bi ..

What is curvy ... Is vaping the same as smoking ...ppl love a mass debate !

"It’s a fair point , although we see like there should be no politics in sport like in the olympics …

This place is divided regardless... Does sucking dick make me bi ..

What is curvy ... Is vaping the same as smoking ...ppl love a mass debate ! "

Spot on! I think the difference with the virus forum compared to the rest is at least people are honest in their opinion.

The easy way to avoid talk about the virus is by avoiding this section of the forum, I don't know about anyone else but this is the only platform I use for talking about all different kinds of subjects (I mean in a forum kind of environment) and for things that don't interest me I simply don't look at them, I don't look at the section on camping/gaming etc because it doesn't interest me at all.

The virus is still a talking point and would only clog up the lounge because people will still want to debate different points.

Just avoid this section.

Danish x

What about a moaning section?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

A few people who don't want to be in the Virus section, or want it to exist, have posted in it, to express this.

The OP has some interest, as they state they have enjoyed reading many posts.

Swinging and Fab are about choice and reflect our preferences in the pursuits and people that we engage with. We will be selective and our lives and interests aren't exclusively for sex.

This area has been and continues to be supportive, after over a year that has been very difficult for us. It's not finished yet.

The Internet is renowned for having keyboard warriors and some excessive arguments and fab has this throughout. I think the virus's enormous emotional toll on people also fuels this more. There are some wild beliefs around and they pop up and are called out or reasoned with.

When it's not needed, users will stop posting. It's not a mandatory section to visit, before checking messages or anything else. We can't change others and often have to let them get on with their stuff. Keeping away can be the easy and right thing to do then. There's plenty going on elsewhere

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

"Personally We think the thread about virus has run it coarse (sic)"

Au contraire. The virus is still very much a worldwide Pandemic. It has far from run its course.

So people are going to want to talk about it. Express their opinions. Discuss their concerns. Have their say.

This is arguably the most significant thing to affect every living being on the planet, at this moment in World History.

Does Covid not affect the Fab Community then ? Are we somehow immune from its trepidations ? Of course not.

I cannot second-guess the motivations of those who don't want the forum on Fab, but censoring speech rarely ends well. Moderating is a different matter, however.

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

I understand the sentiment of the OP and others calling for the virus section to be closed but surely the answer for people who don’t want to see it is to not look?

There are loads of sections I have never looked at and have no idea what is discussed.

In addition there are how many members/profiles on Fab? No idea but 30k maybe? It is a tiny fraction that post in the forums and in the virus forum there is s quorum of regulars.

The tribalism is rife but there are still some interesting discussions! And I agree with the OP, there is something completely surreal to read a debate about a pandemic surrounded by avatars showing cocks, tits and ass!

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

The virus threads will be here for the duration of the virus why wouldn't they. Threads that are a waste in my opinion are the ones that ask for advice and help with there profile and rants at not getting a shag after a few weeks. Saying that I tend to take the piss on those threads.

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

"We have mulled over this about deciding wether to post or not,

Here on fab and in swing communities we are drawn here because we have a way of life in common and for the most part of society we would be outcast for many people if work friends and or family find out about our lives in the lifestyle.

Personally We think the thread about virus has run it coarse, and it’s seems to be very divisive, on almost every thread it turns into some sort of aggressive nature, quit funny sometime watch a guy argue about the merits of vaccination while his profile picture is of him getting head off a guy while a woman argues back with a profile picture getting ploughed by three or four men, quite amusing. But that aside, it has dived what was a fun loving community and we need to get back to that,

Why don’t we have a head topic with religion or race, because of what it could bring, it’s not what this site is about surely, the topic of Covid has such strong feelings where no one is right or wrong, it just divides, we watch, we comment, we get reactions, and finally conflict prevails.

We see a thread already asking for the end of the Covid thread and We agree, we joined to have fun with like minded people, not have another them and us,

What matters in life is that we keep all our freedoms, and can continue to do things we enjoy, already we see the impact on our enjoyment… when it’s gone it’s gone forever.

Be kind to each other x "

I agree.

Think it's just the same stuff repeating itself.

Cut and paste of 'facts and figures' and then a pissing contest to see who can cut and paste the biggest chunk and use medical terms.

It's a harmless forum and I dip in and out, like you it's a bit of a giggle watching it descend into a bun fight.

As lockdown ends and normalish returns think visits to none swinging threads will diminish over time.

Well, will for us as we do actually meet, many don't.

Have fun.

thank you its great message lets hope it perswades members to be with you its time for love and stop anger and hate theres too much in the world already with brutal wars and dictatorship

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

There are subjects that people like to debate and this is the current hot topic. As others have said, it would take over the lounge. During Brexit the lounge was swamped with that so a politics forum was created and that is still going strong. Pop in if you want to but it's not compulsory and certainly less fun than other forums that's for sure.

With out debate we then the world is in a serious situation, debate is absolutely important, don’t get us wrong, however many seem unable to debate because some often gets offended by different views, then conflict starts, debate is healthy, but it always infringes on people views and the alpha person has to react

We wrote a much bigger reply, but that’s not was needed, we just look from a further out perspective, and in the grand scheme of this website, don’t see it as needed. It’s not needed now as a topic as much as putting a topic called “religion” or “race” , debate is needed, however it will pull the negative out our people, because that is what people seem accept is normal online and can hide behind fake profile.

So is the topic part of the problem or solution -is it good debate or just allowing people to vent at each other …….. segregating people into ever smaller groups. Or joining people in to one happy community…

But remember what ever we agree or don’t agree on ….. Divided we will fall….

By *moothCriminal_xMan  over a year ago

Redditch

Religion is about belief and faith

Race is about where you are born

Anti vax is about being dangerously ignorant

And there is the exact reason…

Who said anything about being pro or anti vax,

But please enlighten us on your comment… substantiate it, debate it. Show us that this “virus “ topic is valid…. Or is this thread going to be like the rest, this prove our point entirely …

dudley

We are divided every 4 years and people are that insane they think it is going to be different the next time.

But let’s stay on topic …

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"And there is the exact reason…

Who said anything about being pro or anti vax,

But please enlighten us on your comment… substantiate it, debate it. Show us that this “virus “ topic is valid…. Or is this thread going to be like the rest, this prove our point entirely …

"

It's a topic about which there's public interest.

It's a topic some would rather avoid and thus it's worth siloing in its own section.

It's a topic of the kind that will likely always divide us, whether we want to admit it or not. I think sunlight (exposure) is the best disinfectant.

Indeed, We think it was needed, but run it’s time as lock down are behind for now.

But by it being there is not the demon by it’s own nature, it’s there thus will continue to divide people…

Have you seen on Netflix don’t F with cats? It’s the debate would the crime have happened if the person did not have the audience. And because these were crimes the audience got bigger…

Would we be in more or less conflict if the topic is available to post … do we want it there because want to vent and push our own personal experiences arguments, to feel that people need to hear what we have learned,

Manchester (she/her)

"Indeed, We think it was needed, but run it’s time as lock down are behind for now.

But by it being there is not the demon by it’s own nature, it’s there thus will continue to divide people…

Have you seen on Netflix don’t F with cats? It’s the debate would the crime have happened if the person did not have the audience. And because these were crimes the audience got bigger…

Would we be in more or less conflict if the topic is available to post … do we want it there because want to vent and push our own personal experiences arguments, to feel that people need to hear what we have learned,

"

I'd rather know who to avoid.

I'm sure they feel the same about me.

Hiding problems doesn't help.

So should we have topic on race and religion so people know who to avoid… would that not be same ? Would that be acceptable to say that too?

Manchester (she/her)

"So should we have topic on race and religion so people know who to avoid… would that not be same ? Would that be acceptable to say that too?

"

These topics do come up and I'm sure people draw inferences from people's opinions.

Why is it not acceptable to have opinions on what people say?

Absolutely acceptable and important to have an opinion and to debate the opinions of others.

But does this topic on here still give substance and discussion as it should, if not, has it run it’s course is my question. What is the tipping point when it should be deemed done, will there be one?

We can’t deny it’s seems to have more negative post these days….

dudley

It will be the moderators decision anyway, If and when it will be scrubbed all the debate will not change that and thinking otherwise is just insane.

Manchester (she/her)

"Absolutely acceptable and important to have an opinion and to debate the opinions of others.

But does this topic on here still give substance and discussion as it should, if not, has it run it’s course is my question. What is the tipping point when it should be deemed done, will there be one?

We can’t deny it’s seems to have more negative post these days….

"

That's something for admin to decide.

For sure

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

"So should we have topic on race and religion so people know who to avoid… would that not be same ? Would that be acceptable to say that too?

"

We would personally like it to be predominantly a swingers site.

To be fair, never took much notice of non swinging forums before lockdown and slowly drifting away from them as normality returns.

Each to his or her own though.

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan  over a year ago

Older Hot Guy For 20’s-30’s Girls

Definitely time to put this to bed.

Should have been done last year.

Talk about flogging a dead horse.

Brighton

"Definitely time to put this to bed.

Should have been done last year.

Talk about flogging a dead horse. "

See I don’t get it. If folks don’t like it then don’t visit/look! Simple!

This time last year I was probably reading the virus forum every day. I was getting into debates all the time. It became rather draining and negative to be exposed to so much tribalism and, in some cases, so much stupidity.

So now I come in here far less often and only when a topic title catches my eye as potentially interesting (actually I could say that about all the forum sections, only so often you can read a thread about “why is it so hard to meet people” or “am I a bi man if I suck cock” etc).

So you know what? Ignore the virus section. Enjoy the rest of Fab. But let those who still want to discuss Covid have the dedicated space to do so!

It’s like having a notice board, initially it’s used to inform, but then it gets vandalised with graffiti, so what your saying is the graffiti on the board should just be ignored ? Look past it, even if it was aggressive by nature, would that graffiti show others that graffiti is ok and they can go to other sites and graffiti too, To put their own graffiti

If you want to stop graffiti take away the wall hahah

Not always easy but in some cases possible, in this case we think it’s possible…..

We come to this notice board and expect to find

why is it so hard to meet people” or “am I a bi man if I suck cock” etc). Hahah not a topic on how to use Microsoft teams haha

Brighton

"We come to this notice board and expect to find

why is it so hard to meet people” or “am I a bi man if I suck cock” etc). Hahah not a topic on how to use Microsoft teams haha "

Of course but they are all still there in the relevant section. No need to even click on the virus section!

Also graffiti serves no purpose whereas it is clear that SOME of the discussions in the virus section are at least interesting and a FEW are actually useful!

Graffiti does have a purpose to some, or more than just some, just it’s mostly ugly and offensive …

It can be intelligent but it’s rare… mostly ignorant unintelligent and threatening

"Graffiti does have a purpose to some, or more than just some, just it’s mostly ugly and offensive …

It can be intelligent but it’s rare… mostly ignorant unintelligent and threatening

"

Banksy? Graffiti or art?

Indeed created by a thinking person….

"Indeed created by a thinking person…. "

My comment or Banksy's work? (bites finger nails hoping he's been complimented )

Let’s keep it Unspoken

"Let’s keep it Unspoken "

Very diplomatic. You're on the wrong forum

By *iddle ManMan  over a year ago

Walsall

It's getting a bit like brexit now, how everyone seems to have an opinion, and I agree it can be decisive. At the start the majority were in it together now, it seems it everyone for themselves, I admit I can't even follow the rules anymore. It seems to change or people make them up.

By *uffnmuffCouple  over a year ago

London

By *heNaturistCoupleCouple  over a year ago

crewe

I disagree entirely on your premise that this is a community or indeed we share any commonality.

What I see on the whole is a bunch of strangers from all walks of life and all political persuasions, creeds and colours looking for sex.

It's not a fucking hobby

Hahaha

But we are all here for that purpose, as a group. a diverse one with a basic instinct in mind,

We dunno We think it makes a good hobby, bit like cycling, sometimes much more fun in group and in Lycra

To be fair both the Covid section and political section have no place on fab as the site should be a rare and welcome escape and diversion from such opinionated rantings etc. A lot of people seem to love such negativity though, so I suppose it passes the time for them.

By *heNaturistCoupleCouple  over a year ago

crewe

"Hahaha

But we are all here for that purpose, as a group. a diverse one with a basic instinct in mind,

We dunno We think it makes a good hobby, bit like cycling, sometimes much more fun in group and in Lycra

"

I like it in here. It's been a big help. We have many clever members who have helped me out with covid travel advice, they have steadied my nerves when I went for my vaccines & some good advice & support in general. Straight forward honest chats that I've found very interesting to read. I might be in the minority but that's ok. Don't look if you don't like it

Mrs C

» Add a new message to this topic