FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Continued restrictions - are you against the vaccines?

Continued restrictions - are you against the vaccines?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ophieslut OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Central

England relaxed restrictions because of the success of the vaccines and those restrictions in reducing hospitalisations and deaths.

Obviously millions of people here took the decision to get vaccinated. If they hadn't, we would have had vastly worse infection and death levels.

As we just have those 2 tools to reduce the damage caused by the virus - vaccines and restrictions - if fewer people had been vaccinated, would you have preferred more and longer restrictions or would you have potentially got vaccinated, once things became more dangerous and restrictive for you?

We're now seeing the increased damage to a greater volume of younger people than earlier waves first revealed. With increased infection levels, your life could have been impacted even more than it has been. Other countries introduced passports for the vaccinated, increasing their access to more social life. Theoretically, would you have become more open to a vaccine, with reduced hesitancy, after how many more months of restrictions?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

What’s the question ?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"England relaxed restrictions because of the success of the vaccines and those restrictions in reducing hospitalisations and deaths.

Obviously millions of people here took the decision to get vaccinated. If they hadn't, we would have had vastly worse infection and death levels.

As we just have those 2 tools to reduce the damage caused by the virus - vaccines and restrictions - if fewer people had been vaccinated, would you have preferred more and longer restrictions or would you have potentially got vaccinated, once things became more dangerous and restrictive for you?

We're now seeing the increased damage to a greater volume of younger people than earlier waves first revealed. With increased infection levels, your life could have been impacted even more than it has been. Other countries introduced passports for the vaccinated, increasing their access to more social life. Theoretically, would you have become more open to a vaccine, with reduced hesitancy, after how many more months of restrictions?

"

I think that is what actually happened.. people had the vaccine because we had been in 3 lockdowns spanning several months. So the level of vaccine hesitancy was much lower than it would have been if we had been locked down for a shorter period of time.

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

With the mutations of covid the vaccines will not be able to keep up with the contagion more lock downs will come in the future with borders open it is inevitable.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I put my arm out as soon as I could.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

I had my vaccines because a close friend caught covid and ended up in intensive care for 3 weeks with pneumonia and sepsis, her boys nearly had to say their goodbyes to her. I will have boosters for as long as they are available, covid-19 complications are horrible

"I had my vaccines because a close friend caught covid and ended up in intensive care for 3 weeks with pneumonia and sepsis, her boys nearly had to say their goodbyes to her. I will have boosters for as long as they are available, covid-19 complications are horrible "

But remember you can also get like this with flu. I knew people personally that got covid, 2 treated it with anti biotics and other 3 felt bad for a day and then recovered well

Manchester (she/her)

"I had my vaccines because a close friend caught covid and ended up in intensive care for 3 weeks with pneumonia and sepsis, her boys nearly had to say their goodbyes to her. I will have boosters for as long as they are available, covid-19 complications are horrible

But remember you can also get like this with flu. I knew people personally that got covid, 2 treated it with anti biotics and other 3 felt bad for a day and then recovered well"

I've been having my flu jabs for 20 years and have no plans to stop.

Also, the fact that flu can be awful doesn't negate the horror Covid can unleash.

Central

"I had my vaccines because a close friend caught covid and ended up in intensive care for 3 weeks with pneumonia and sepsis, her boys nearly had to say their goodbyes to her. I will have boosters for as long as they are available, covid-19 complications are horrible

But remember you can also get like this with flu. I knew people personally that got covid, 2 treated it with anti biotics and other 3 felt bad for a day and then recovered well

Also, the fact that flu can be awful doesn't negate the horror Covid can unleash."

That's wise. Coinfection of flu with Covid is a particularly bad problem, more likely to lead to severe illness, complications and death.

Even for people hesitant to get a Covid vaccine, it's really well worth getting a flu jab, to help to prevent having both infections at the same time. I hope that many do.

Manchester (she/her)

Also, the fact that flu can be awful doesn't negate the horror Covid can unleash.

That's wise. Coinfection of flu with Covid is a particularly bad problem, more likely to lead to severe illness, complications and death.

Even for people hesitant to get a Covid vaccine, it's really well worth getting a flu jab, to help to prevent having both infections at the same time. I hope that many do. "

But it's a bit like saying "AIDS isn't bad because cancer is terrible". Both are terrible!

By *igNick1381Man  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

Theoretically, would you have become more open to a vaccine, with reduced hesitancy, after how many more months of restrictions?

How much fascism will it take goddamn you

I have no idea what the question but I do not and will not support ANY future restrictions unless to stop the health service from collapsing.

No lockdowns, no enforced masks, nothing.

I would take another jab if helpful.

Covid is, and always has been, relatively mild for MOST people and the vaccine further reduces risk.

And lol to the guy who thinks the Covid Virus was treated by antibiotics. (Maybe a secondary bacterial infection was?)

"With the mutations of covid the vaccines will not be able to keep up with the contagion more lock downs will come in the future with borders open it is inevitable. "

There is only a very tiny chance of a future lockdown for Covid. Less than 5% limelyhood and probably less than 1%.

Neither the government nor the people have the appetite for repeating that nonsense.

I had the vaccine as soon as I could and I always would have. Nothing to do with the length of lockdowns or anything else. I had them because I wanted the best chance to avoid hospitalisation and death. Why else.

Central

Even for people hesitant to get a Covid vaccine, it's really well worth getting a flu jab, to help to prevent having both infections at the same time. I hope that many do.

But it's a bit like saying "AIDS isn't bad because cancer is terrible". Both are terrible!"

Both are life-threatening alone but those who had Covid and were also coinfected with the flu, had much worse outcomes from Covid - more died or needed hospital treatment.

I think there are more people hesitant or resistant to a Covid vaccine. If they resist it all winter, they should seriously consider getting the flu jab, as they'll have no other protection against being unfortunate and having a Covid and flu infection at the same time. They may have survived just 1 of those infections alone but both together may become fatal.

Manchester (she/her)

But it's a bit like saying "AIDS isn't bad because cancer is terrible". Both are terrible!

Both are life-threatening alone but those who had Covid and were also coinfected with the flu, had much worse outcomes from Covid - more died or needed hospital treatment.

I think there are more people hesitant or resistant to a Covid vaccine. If they resist it all winter, they should seriously consider getting the flu jab, as they'll have no other protection against being unfortunate and having a Covid and flu infection at the same time. They may have survived just 1 of those infections alone but both together may become fatal. "

For sure. I play my part in both, because it's what I always do and will always do. Part of what it takes being part of society, for me

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

We had the vaccines when it was mandated as our turns to do so.

I was offered the vaccine from another work-provided source a few months before it was my turn and turned them down.

I will not jump the gun and disadvantage someone else who needs it more than me. I was safe and isolating. Managing my risk. There were others who through no fault of their own could not. It made sense they get theirs first.

In summary, I had the vaccines when it was my time to do so.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"With the mutations of covid the vaccines will not be able to keep up with the contagion more lock downs will come in the future with borders open it is inevitable.

There is only a very tiny chance of a future lockdown for Covid. Less than 5% limelyhood and probably less than 1%.

Neither the government nor the people have the appetite for repeating that nonsense."

If we are unlucky enough to get a new variant with significantly higher mortality rate, or one that is say particularly dangerous to children, if the people start screaming blue murder the country would go into hard restrictive measures in a moment. I would hope though that by now the government should be getting the hang of effective management of an epidemic, and that those restrictions if required would be implemented in a much more targeted way. Fewer people needing to be affected at any one time, tighter controls on smaller affected areas, closer to full financial compensation available because only needed by the targeted few, and higher penalties for breaking the regulations. Instead of using a big shovel to smack the entire population down, carefully using a scalpel to excise just the infected tissues.

By *arl17Man  over a year ago

Central Portugal

Just against people ignoring the data and the science and being pushed into a corner... aka Covid passport, wear a stupid mask etc... if you think where we were less than 2 years ago and where we are now it’’s frankly stupid and why has nobody being help accountable for it?

I havent been affected at all. Work as usual all the way through this 'pandemic' still saw friends and family all the way through and still haven't been offered a jab and don't want one anyhow.

I've still to meet anyone who knows anyone who's been affected by this virus.

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

I wish I had shares in all those covid vaccine pharma companies because the boosters are going to be a cash cow forever!

"I wish I had shares in all those covid vaccine pharma companies because the boosters are going to be a cash cow forever!"

The price per vial increased recently too....

Manchester (she/her)

"I wish I had shares in all those covid vaccine pharma companies because the boosters are going to be a cash cow forever!"

Eventually competition will come along - and generics. (Competition is in progress)

Tbh booster is still way cheaper than most of the treatment options with good data. Remdesivir, monoclonals, much more than 3 vaccine doses, some have to be repeated.

I'd rather (if it were all out of pocket) blow a few hundred quid or less on vaccines than potentially thousands or tens of thousands on treatment.

By *imited 3EditionCouple  over a year ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

I must be missing something as my life is exactly the same as it was 6 months ago

Did i mention i barely go out

"I wish I had shares in all those covid vaccine pharma companies because the boosters are going to be a cash cow forever!

Eventually competition will come along - and generics. (Competition is in progress)

Tbh booster is still way cheaper than most of the treatment options with good data. Remdesivir, monoclonals, much more than 3 vaccine doses, some have to be repeated.

I'd rather (if it were all out of pocket) blow a few hundred quid or less on vaccines than potentially thousands or tens of thousands on treatment."

I read recently that the government had done a deal for 35m booster doses of the pfizer vaccine for next year at a cost of one billion. Significantly more expensive per shot next year vs this year.

I think there are more people hesitant or resistant to a Covid vaccine. If they resist it all winter, they should seriously consider getting the flu jab, as they'll have no other protection against being unfortunate and having a Covid and flu infection at the same time. They may have survived just 1 of those infections alone but both together may become fatal. "

Before making unsubtantiated statements like that you may want to look up US military study showing military personnel who received the flu vax during the period of study had an increased risk of co-infection with other respiratory viruses than those who were not.

By *heAlphaMongoloidMan  over a year ago

Blackburn

I think there are more people hesitant or resistant to a Covid vaccine. If they resist it all winter, they should seriously consider getting the flu jab, as they'll have no other protection against being unfortunate and having a Covid and flu infection at the same time. They may have survived just 1 of those infections alone but both together may become fatal.

Before making unsubtantiated statements like that you may want to look up US military study showing military personnel who received the flu vax during the period of study had an increased risk of co-infection with other respiratory viruses than those who were not. "

Gregg G Wolff is the author of that study right?

By *unkym34Man  over a year ago

London

"England relaxed restrictions because of the success of the vaccines and those restrictions in reducing hospitalisations and deaths.

"

well actually I think if we had not had the lockdowns we would have just seen the same number of deaths just over a shorter period, we would have seen the infection reach many more people a lot quicker and we would be very much in a decreasing scale now and not looking at a winter where our NHS will be over stretched due to many other conmen winter illnesses

London

"I had the vaccine as soon as I could and I always would have. Nothing to do with the length of lockdowns or anything else. I had them because I wanted the best chance to avoid hospitalisation and death. Why else. "
I have 3 friends who have all ended up in hospital after having the 2nd jabs. One a suspected stroke, one whose blood pressure went through the roof and one who they just couldn’t tell him what was up but had a respiratory like virus / infection ( really sorry can’t remember which term they used exactly ) I also know 2 women who since there first jabs have had issues with their periods and both complain of menopause type symptoms/ issues. This is why I choose not to be vaccinated. I’m not against them go get them if you wish but I don’t think anyone’s freedoms should be impacted for choosing not to have them.

"I had the vaccine as soon as I could and I always would have. Nothing to do with the length of lockdowns or anything else. I had them because I wanted the best chance to avoid hospitalisation and death. Why else. I have 3 friends who have all ended up in hospital after having the 2nd jabs. One a suspected stroke, one whose blood pressure went through the roof and one who they just couldn’t tell him what was up but had a respiratory like virus / infection ( really sorry can’t remember which term they used exactly ) I also know 2 women who since there first jabs have had issues with their periods and both complain of menopause type symptoms/ issues. This is why I choose not to be vaccinated. I’m not against them go get them if you wish but I don’t think anyone’s freedoms should be impacted for choosing not to have them. "

You ‘know’ 5 people who have had severe reactions to the vaccine? For balance , I know at least 50 people who have had no side effects at all

London

"I had the vaccine as soon as I could and I always would have. Nothing to do with the length of lockdowns or anything else. I had them because I wanted the best chance to avoid hospitalisation and death. Why else. I have 3 friends who have all ended up in hospital after having the 2nd jabs. One a suspected stroke, one whose blood pressure went through the roof and one who they just couldn’t tell him what was up but had a respiratory like virus / infection ( really sorry can’t remember which term they used exactly ) I also know 2 women who since there first jabs have had issues with their periods and both complain of menopause type symptoms/ issues. This is why I choose not to be vaccinated. I’m not against them go get them if you wish but I don’t think anyone’s freedoms should be impacted for choosing not to have them.

You ‘know’ 5 people who have had severe reactions to the vaccine? For balance , I know at least 50 people who have had no side effects at all "

that’s not a problem at all what I’m saying is people should be allowed the choice and should not be impacted by that choice or treated differently for that choice

London

"I had the vaccine as soon as I could and I always would have. Nothing to do with the length of lockdowns or anything else. I had them because I wanted the best chance to avoid hospitalisation and death. Why else. I have 3 friends who have all ended up in hospital after having the 2nd jabs. One a suspected stroke, one whose blood pressure went through the roof and one who they just couldn’t tell him what was up but had a respiratory like virus / infection ( really sorry can’t remember which term they used exactly ) I also know 2 women who since there first jabs have had issues with their periods and both complain of menopause type symptoms/ issues. This is why I choose not to be vaccinated. I’m not against them go get them if you wish but I don’t think anyone’s freedoms should be impacted for choosing not to have them.

You ‘know’ 5 people who have had severe reactions to the vaccine? For balance , I know at least 50 people who have had no side effects at all "

are you saying that those 5 people’s lives are not as important as the 50????

You ‘know’ 5 people who have had severe reactions to the vaccine? For balance , I know at least 50 people who have had no side effects at all that’s not a problem at all what I’m saying is people should be allowed the choice and should not be impacted by that choice or treated differently for that choice "

I see, do you think business etc should also be allowed to make choices to protect their customers and employees?

You ‘know’ 5 people who have had severe reactions to the vaccine? For balance , I know at least 50 people who have had no side effects at all are you saying that those 5 people’s lives are not as important as the 50????"

No, where did I say that? It’s amazing that you know 5 people affected and I know nobody? Not sure what any of this means

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Delta airlines has put a $200 a month surcharge on unvaccinated employees Delta Air Lines says the surcharge will be in effect from 1 November, and is necessary to offset the risk those who are not jabbed put on their insurance - similar to how smokers have higher premiums for insurance.

A spokesman for the company added that each COVID hospital stay for its staff costs the carrier $40,000 (£29,000).

Delta's chief executive, Ed Bastian, said all of those workers admitted to hospital with COVID in recent weeks were not fully vaccinated.

The move from Delta Air Lines comes in comparison to competitor United Airlines - which says anyone not getting jabbed could get fired.

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

"Delta airlines has put a $200 a month surcharge on unvaccinated employees Delta Air Lines says the surcharge will be in effect from 1 November, and is necessary to offset the risk those who are not jabbed put on their insurance - similar to how smokers have higher premiums for insurance.

A spokesman for the company added that each COVID hospital stay for its staff costs the carrier $40,000 (£29,000).

Delta's chief executive, Ed Bastian, said all of those workers admitted to hospital with COVID in recent weeks were not fully vaccinated.

The move from Delta Air Lines comes in comparison to competitor United Airlines - which says anyone not getting jabbed could get fired. "

Brilliant news, more must follow.

London

You ‘know’ 5 people who have had severe reactions to the vaccine? For balance , I know at least 50 people who have had no side effects at all that’s not a problem at all what I’m saying is people should be allowed the choice and should not be impacted by that choice or treated differently for that choice

I see, do you think business etc should also be allowed to make choices to protect their customers and employees? "

to protect them from what exactly? Life??? It’s a sticky situation mate let’s put those signs back up in pub windows that say who can and can’t come in shall we??? Discrimination is discrimination

London

"Delta airlines has put a $200 a month surcharge on unvaccinated employees Delta Air Lines says the surcharge will be in effect from 1 November, and is necessary to offset the risk those who are not jabbed put on their insurance - similar to how smokers have higher premiums for insurance.

The move from Delta Air Lines comes in comparison to competitor United Airlines - which says anyone not getting jabbed could get fired. "

how many workers??? What about those who have already tested positive recently for Covid and are not jabbed will they be excused from the charge??? What about a jabbed person who ends up in hospital will they be charged. This is absolutely disgusting and they should not be allowed to operate

By *immyinreadingMan  over a year ago

henley on thames

"With the mutations of covid the vaccines will not be able to keep up with the contagion more lock downs will come in the future with borders open it is inevitable. "

Not really.

henley on thames

You ‘know’ 5 people who have had severe reactions to the vaccine? For balance , I know at least 50 people who have had no side effects at all that’s not a problem at all what I’m saying is people should be allowed the choice and should not be impacted by that choice or treated differently for that choice

I see, do you think business etc should also be allowed to make choices to protect their customers and employees? to protect them from what exactly? Life??? It’s a sticky situation mate let’s put those signs back up in pub windows that say who can and can’t come in shall we??? Discrimination is discrimination "

That’s not discrimination.

The move from Delta Air Lines comes in comparison to competitor United Airlines - which says anyone not getting jabbed could get fired. how many workers??? What about those who have already tested positive recently for Covid and are not jabbed will they be excused from the charge??? What about a jabbed person who ends up in hospital will they be charged. This is absolutely disgusting and they should not be allowed to operate "

This is how insurance works. Do something to increase your risk, expect to pay more.

Of I was going somewhere tropical, and my travel insurance was higher if I hadn't taken my jabs, I'd understand why.

henley on thames

"I had the vaccine as soon as I could and I always would have. Nothing to do with the length of lockdowns or anything else. I had them because I wanted the best chance to avoid hospitalisation and death. Why else. I have 3 friends who have all ended up in hospital after having the 2nd jabs. One a suspected stroke, one whose blood pressure went through the roof and one who they just couldn’t tell him what was up but had a respiratory like virus / infection ( really sorry can’t remember which term they used exactly ) I also know 2 women who since there first jabs have had issues with their periods and both complain of menopause type symptoms/ issues. This is why I choose not to be vaccinated. I’m not against them go get them if you wish but I don’t think anyone’s freedoms should be impacted for choosing not to have them. "

What an odd view of “freedom”.

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

The lives lost and lives saved is staggering. If you compare how many have had complications because of the vaccine you could not possibly fail to understand that it is safe for more than 99.9 percent of the population.

I now know 3 people who have died directly from Covid - nothing underlying. All 3 didn't want the vaccination. Once in intensive care all 3 told people that they should get the vaccine, and they now wished that they had too.

One who I had known personally leaves a wife a child and a baby not yet born. He died aged 33.

Please. Get a vaccination. It's more than just your life it affects.

By *iss SinWoman  over a year ago

portchester

"The lives lost and lives saved is staggering. If you compare how many have had complications because of the vaccine you could not possibly fail to understand that it is safe for more than 99.9 percent of the population.

I now know 3 people who have died directly from Covid - nothing underlying. All 3 didn't want the vaccination. Once in intensive care all 3 told people that they should get the vaccine, and they now wished that they had too.

One who I had known personally leaves a wife a child and a baby not yet born. He died aged 33.

"

I can’t have the jabs. I hope I don’t get excluding from society because of it

Central

"The lives lost and lives saved is staggering. If you compare how many have had complications because of the vaccine you could not possibly fail to understand that it is safe for more than 99.9 percent of the population.

Please. Get a vaccination. It's more than just your life it affects

I can’t have the jabs. I hope I don’t get excluding from society because of it "

I hope you don't and most plans talked about have said that those unable to have vaccines will have comparable access.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

I can’t have the jabs. I hope I don’t get excluding from society because of it "

If people genuinely can't have vaccines. Then I think restrictions for them should be as few as possible. Obvious foreign travel maybe out but travel without vaccinations to some countries was restricted pre covid. Probably not able to do some jobs such as front facing care and nhs jobs. I personally have a very bad needle phobia but have managed to have both jabs. My first unsedated needles for nearly 30 years.

By *ndy1410Man  over a year ago

london

ive had both jabs, but can understand people who cant have it

By *iss SinWoman  over a year ago

portchester

I can’t have the jabs. I hope I don’t get excluding from society because of it

If people genuinely can't have vaccines. Then I think restrictions for them should be as few as possible. Obvious foreign travel maybe out but travel without vaccinations to some countries was restricted pre covid. Probably not able to do some jobs such as front facing care and nhs jobs. I personally have a very bad needle phobia but have managed to have both jabs. My first unsedated needles for nearly 30 years. "

I hope so too as I genuinely can’t have them to due to health and previous illness.

By *entadreadMan  over a year ago

Essex

But remember you can also get like this with flu. I knew people personally that got covid, 2 treated it with anti biotics and other 3 felt bad for a day and then recovered well"

Ecological fallacy!

London

Please. Get a vaccination. It's more than just your life it affects. Problem is jabs could have also had complications for them too and you will never know. I’m hats the survival rate from covid???? Just asking

"

By *orayFWoman  over a year ago

Moray

Great news that your friends have recovered, but covid is a virus, so antibiotics were not the cure.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

The greater problem is those who aren't on fab as I'm sure the scale in numbers out weighs the site so couldn't say is much helpful besides those obviously who intend on meeting

By *rewersprojectMan  over a year ago

Leeds

Astra Zeneca is at cost. So leave them off your investment list

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

Just tell me to roll up my sleeve.

Been getting jabbed for years due to work even for diseases I'd never heard of.

Only once did I feel it wasn't worth it and then,there was an outbreak up country.

Had to have it then and spent the whole trip and a few days in a hotel sweating and shaking.

Never again, jab away.

By *dam and slutCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

Last year, Pascal Soriot helped deliver a potential game changer in the fight against COVID-19. He was paid £15.45 million for his troubles.

Manchester (she/her)

"Just tell me to roll up my sleeve.

Been getting jabbed for years due to work even for diseases I'd never heard of.

Only once did I feel it wasn't worth it and then,there was an outbreak up country.

Had to have it then and spent the whole trip and a few days in a hotel sweating and shaking.

Never again, jab away. "

Yup. Jab early, jab often. (My body, my choice)

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"

The most worrying thing about this whole pandemic is how many people still can’t comprehend it

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

"Last year, Pascal Soriot helped deliver a potential game changer in the fight against COVID-19. He was paid £15.45 million for his troubles.

"

What a dickhead.

Could have got double that.

» Add a new message to this topic