FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > BBC Presenter Vaccine related death

BBC Presenter Vaccine related death

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *heBirminghamWeekend OP   Man  over a year ago

here

Coroner has found that BBC presenter Lisa Shaw died due to complications from the AstraZeneca Covid vaccine.

"The healthy mother of one developed headaches a week after her first dose of the vaccine and suffered blood clots in the brain which ultimately led to her death"

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *ackandtheunicornCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

Yup. And people act like you're a murder for refusing an unnecessary vaccine! Why would I take a risk for a virus I've already had and poses essentially no risk to me?

(And don't give me that "it can reduce the spread bs - already proven not to be true)

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

No vaccine is 100% safe but i will still take my chance with it considering the millions who have had it with no ill effects.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Yup. And people act like you're a murder for refusing an unnecessary vaccine! Why would I take a risk for a virus I've already had and poses essentially no risk to me?

(And don't give me that "it can reduce the spread bs - already proven not to be true)"

Where is the evidence that states that the vaccine doesn’t reduce the spread ?

"Coroner has found that BBC presenter Lisa Shaw died due to complications from the AstraZeneca Covid vaccine.

"The healthy mother of one developed headaches a week after her first dose of the vaccine and suffered blood clots in the brain which ultimately led to her death"

"

Very sad, unfortunately no vaccine or medication will ever be 100% safe

Does nobody know the dangers of womens contraception, just as a start off?!? If nobody used drugs that could potentially kill them, to treat themselves... We would do away with modern medicine

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Yup. And people act like you're a murder for refusing an unnecessary vaccine! Why would I take a risk for a virus I've already had and poses essentially no risk to me?

(And don't give me that "it can reduce the spread bs - already proven not to be true)"

To be fair, the number of people who have died due to issues with the virus is a million times higher than those who have died with issues with any of the vaccines.

And, it has been proven that the vaccines ARE reducing the spread of the virus and also reducing the numbers who get seriously ill due to the virus.

I am all for people choosing what they are comfortable with, but let's not be confusing what is actually fact.

Cal

By *imited 3EditionCouple  over a year ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

(And don't give me that "it can reduce the spread bs - already proven not to be true)

Where is the evidence that states that the vaccine doesn’t reduce the spread ? "

You can search for government reports (UK and US) which show number of viral particles hardly differs between vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals who have tested positive for delta

Must be a shit vaccine as they stating you need a booster now

liverpool

You can search for government reports (UK and US) which show number of viral particles hardly differs between vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals who have tested positive for delta"

Yup this.

We should be vaccinating to vulnerable and let everyone else get on with life.

You can search for government reports (UK and US) which show number of viral particles hardly differs between vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals who have tested positive for delta

Yup this.

We should be vaccinating to vulnerable and let everyone else get on with life. "

Who are the ‘vulnerable ‘? And are these the only people getting serious ill or dying from COVID?

By *ay SableMan  over a year ago

Northampton/Birmingham

"Coroner has found that BBC presenter Lisa Shaw died due to complications from the AstraZeneca Covid vaccine.

"

From what I've seen in reports so far, the immunity you get from actually having covid lasts longer and is more effective than having the vaccine. While I suppose getting the vaccine is recommended, I don't see the justification for those who have already had the virus; that said, I could be wrong.

By *imes_berksMan  over a year ago

Bracknell

You can search for government reports (UK and US) which show number of viral particles hardly differs between vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals who have tested positive for delta"

So this shows that the vaccines are working as the number of deaths and people being hospitalised are a lot lower than the wave in Jan to March.

By *uncouple2425Couple  over a year ago

doncaster

Yup this.

Who are the ‘vulnerable ‘? And are these the only people getting serious ill or dying from COVID? "

You know you’re vulnerable once you die from covid!

It seems like the anti-vaccine group only want to jump on the tiny minority of people that unfortunately have a reaction to the jab, they seem to forget about the millions that don’t.

Have a read of the back of a paracetamol packet and tell me that they are 100% safe!

It's not a vaccine...look up what a normal vaccine is then look at this killer / vaccine

By *eracityMan  over a year ago

the big smoke

"No vaccine is 100% safe but i will still take my chance with it considering the millions who have had it with no ill effects. "

Yep. 2.5 people per 1 million will experience Stronge to fatal side affects. Compare that to the mortality rate of covid plus the mortality rate of people affected by reduced hospital admittance. It’s a risk but a very small one.

To be fair, the number of people who have died due to issues with the virus is a million times higher than those who have died with issues with any of the vaccines.

And, it has been proven that the vaccines ARE reducing the spread of the virus and also reducing the numbers who get seriously ill due to the virus.

I am all for people choosing what they are comfortable with, but let's not be confusing what is actually fact.

Cal"

If you want to stick to fact then your "millions of times higher" statement needed to be modified.

Hundreds - certainly, Thousands - probably. Millions - clearly not.

here

Very sad, unfortunately no vaccine or medication will ever be 100% safe "

Agreed

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Nothing is guaranteed… but we are talking so far in the uk about 100 deaths in 42 million shots….

So if we are talking risk reward… the likelihood of you dying from covid without the vaccine is far far higher than you dying from the vaccine

I hate to crush the antivaxers incoming arguments… but them be statistical facts

Newcastle and Gateshead

"It's not a vaccine...look up what a normal vaccine is then look at this killer / vaccine"

My god some people talk so shit! It just has to be said! Paracetamol kills more people than this virus… you going to stop taking this killer pain killer?

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Cal"

There is evidence they were reducing the spread. Emphasis on were. I'm sure There is new evidence that is reduced or not all all for delta variant. Is that not one of the main reasons countries are having booster / third jab programs?

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

Sad that this has happened but reading the utter bollocks on here regarding the vaccine is quite shocking really and just proves the old saying ..A little knowledge is a dangerous thing ..and any loss of life is a tradegy for those concerned

Newcastle and Gateshead

Nothing is guaranteed… but we are talking so far in the uk about 100 deaths in 42 million shots….

So if we are talking risk reward… the likelihood of you dying from covid without the vaccine is far far higher than you dying from the vaccine

I hate to crush the antivaxers incoming arguments… but them be statistical facts

And you don’t know the statistical long term data!

This is the point. Severe reactions to the vaccine are rare. But for many age groups, severe complications for covid are rare too.

The point is…. Each to their own! No pressure on people. Do what you want. Take it or don’t take it. Either is fine. No guilt trip nonsense. Make your own decision.

This forum is actually insane to read. I genuinely think there’s serious mental illness on here due to covid. It’s literally an obsession that’s all consuming to some. Living their life totally through a covid lens. Making judgments on people who just want to make their own decision. They’re obsessed.

Make your own decision, either is fine. Get on with life, or don’t. But the judgmental nature of this, on a site where I would expect people not to be judgmental, is off the charts.

Everyone just let people make their own decision, like all aspects of medicine."

….. and the freedom for you to swing your arms end at the point where you touch my nose!!

The problem isn’t freedom of choice… you have that! The issue is that people think they should they should be free from the consequences of their freedom of choice!

You want freedom.. cool! But then I don’t think people complain if others reaction to that freedom by using their freedom and it impedes them

By *S2004Man  over a year ago

Bromsgrove

This is the point. Severe reactions to the vaccine are rare. But for many age groups, severe complications for covid are rare too.

The point is…. Each to their own! No pressure on people. Do what you want. Take it or don’t take it. Either is fine. No guilt trip nonsense. Make your own decision.

This forum is actually insane to read. I genuinely think there’s serious mental illness on here due to covid. It’s literally an obsession that’s all consuming to some. Living their life totally through a covid lens. Making judgments on people who just want to make their own decision. They’re obsessed.

Make your own decision, either is fine. Get on with life, or don’t. But the judgmental nature of this, on a site where I would expect people not to be judgmental, is off the charts.

Everyone just let people make their own decision, like all aspects of medicine."

I had to read and reread this post, simply because it made complete sense. !!!

People should not be judged for their own decisions but it is not possible for all of these ‘facts’ to be true. No vaccine is 100%, we all take risks every day and judge them against our own criteria, we all have different views on moral responsibility, all from completely different personal circumstances.

It is not a ‘killer vaccine’, or an ‘experimental therapy’ nor is it a magic bullet to destroy covid or 100% safe, no medicine is. There are three sides to every story and this is the perfect example

"It's not a vaccine...look up what a normal vaccine is then look at this killer / vaccine"

What is a Killer/vaccine?

By *ik MMan  over a year ago

PDI

"It's not a vaccine...look up what a normal vaccine is then look at this killer / vaccine

What is a Killer/vaccine? "

Why don’t you ask Lisa Shaw’s family?

By *ohnsnowmanMan  over a year ago

Don't Go Back to Sexville

It's a complete misunderstanding of risk. Everything you do has a risk of dying associated with it. But most are absolutely tiny. Like the AZ Vaccine. The risk of dying from Covid is far from tiny. If you take the AZ Vaccine your overall risk of dying in the next year goes down. Simple

By *issusWoman  over a year ago

Belfast

These kinds of stupid posts really annoy me as they take any rationality and credibility away from those who actually have a reasonable outlook and common sense.

This is why people like me are brushed off as some demonic anti vaxers who want to watch the world burn.

You want the shot - take it! You feel like getting covid would end up with terrible consequences to you or your loved ones - for God's sake, take the shot!

Just whatever you do - don't bully, guilt trip, segregate from society or incriminate those who don't.

Covid is mostly a very mild illness which has either mild cold/flu like symptoms or no symptoms at all to majority of young, healthy people and and if they choose not to have the vaccine - they're not any more dangerous to anyone else than those who did have a vaccine.

So please fucking stop demonising those who don't want the jab.

And please fucking stop demonising the vaccine.

Just fucking stop already.

By *hackles44Man  over a year ago

LEICESTER

They do say ignorance is bliss, perhaps all the sceptics should visit my Hospital and learn the truth from those that know not speculators on the internet

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"It's a complete misunderstanding of risk. Everything you do has a risk of dying associated with it. But most are absolutely tiny. Like the AZ Vaccine. The risk of dying from Covid is far from tiny. If you take the AZ Vaccine your overall risk of dying in the next year goes down. Simple"

"It's not a vaccine...look up what a normal vaccine is then look at this killer / vaccine

What is a Killer/vaccine? "

I was about to ask this

Newcastle and Gateshead

Why don’t you ask Lisa Shaw’s family? "

And agree I have absolute sympathy for her family….

I also have sympathy for the 147 people who died on Tuesday from covid!

I have sympathy for the 131000 uk deaths from covid so far…

Like we said the risk of dying from covid without the vaccine far far far outweigh the risk of dying from the side effects of the vaccine itself

By *hackles44Man  over a year ago

LEICESTER

well said inswingdress, finally a voice of reason

Belfast

About blood clots - I was on a pill for a month. I couldn't cope with it as my whole body kept twitching for no reason (reason I discovered years after taking it).

I can only imagine how much higher risk of blood clots would be to women who use estrogen contraceptics. This thing should be pointed out to women before they get vaccinated.

By *heekybrummiemonkeysCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

Everyone just let people make their own decision, like all aspects of medicine.

….. and the freedom for you to swing your arms end at the point where you touch my nose!!

The problem isn’t freedom of choice… you have that! The issue is that people think they should they should be free from the consequences of their freedom of choice!

You want freedom.. cool! But then I don’t think people complain if others reaction to that freedom by using their freedom and it impedes them "

Yes because there should be no consequences! Thankfully there isn’t at the moment. Life is going on for most, like it’s always has for infectious disease.

Manchester (she/her)

"well said inswingdress, finally a voice of reason"

Johnsnowman deserves the credit. I was just agreeing.

"Must be a shit vaccine as they stating you need a booster now "

It’s ur immune system thats shit at remembering what to do. Vaccines are the finger prod to ur immune system so say hello, see this, kill it. The body can only do so much.

Newcastle and Gateshead

These kinds of stupid posts really annoy me as they take any rationality and credibility away from those who actually have a reasonable outlook and common sense.

This is why people like me are brushed off as some demonic anti vaxers who want to watch the world burn.

You want the shot - take it! You feel like getting covid would end up with terrible consequences to you or your loved ones - for God's sake, take the shot!

Just whatever you do - don't bully, guilt trip, segregate from society or incriminate those who don't.

Covid is mostly a very mild illness which has either mild cold/flu like symptoms or no symptoms at all to majority of young, healthy people and and if they choose not to have the vaccine - they're not any more dangerous to anyone else than those who did have a vaccine.

Just fucking stop already. "

Actions have consequences…..

If I want to travel, I need a passport

If I want to drive, I need a license

What people are wanting is freedom of choice without consequences of action

Freedom of choice hasn’t gone away! They can do that…. It’s the potential consequences from the choice is what they are crying about

Why should they get that If the rest of us are acting in the greater good, I don’t see why choice should overrides consequence

Birmingham

Freedom of choice hasn’t gone away! They can do that…. It’s the potential consequences from the choice is what they are crying about

Why should they get that If the rest of us are acting in the greater good, I don’t see why choice should overrides consequence"

That’s because there should be no consequences, this isn’t North Korea ffs!

Why don’t you ask Lisa Shaw’s family? "

No, I will ask you, what is a ‘killer vaccine’? Is it a vaccine designed to kill?

Newcastle and Gateshead

You want freedom.. cool! But then I don’t think people complain if others reaction to that freedom by using their freedom and it impedes them

Yes because there should be no consequences! Thankfully there isn’t at the moment. Life is going on for most, like it’s always has for infectious disease."

Why should there be no consequence…. No one is taking your initial choice away from you!

You want all the benefits of everyone else getting the vaccine without you taking any of the risks….

Why should they get that If the rest of us are acting in the greater good, I don’t see why choice should overrides consequence

That’s because there should be no consequences, this isn’t North Korea ffs!"

I am guessing you haven’t had the vaccine? Your choice? What has this prevented you from doing?

Belfast

Why should they get that If the rest of us are acting in the greater good, I don’t see why choice should overrides consequence"

Ah please climb off your high horse, it's nothing more than an old pony.

Criminals have consequences because they've done something wrong against society.

Misbehaving kids have consequences to teach them to be better humans when they grow up.

Dogs that bite people have consequences- they get put down.

Healthy people who pose no danger to others shouldn't have any consequences for living their own life by their own standards.

I had covid last week and I'm unvaccinated.

I didn't give it to anyone as I stayed at home until it went away.

Should I go to jail now or later?

Birmingham

Just fucking stop already. "

Totally agree.

There’s a massive attempt by government and media to split people into two distinct groups. Its nonsense. There is nuance to this yet the tribal vax or anti vax stance is taken by those who simply aren’t bright enough to see that nothing is black and white.

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

They have not been collaborating strokes, clots with those that had the vaccine.

Belfast

Yes because there should be no consequences! Thankfully there isn’t at the moment. Life is going on for most, like it’s always has for infectious disease.

Why should there be no consequence…. No one is taking your initial choice away from you!

You want all the benefits of everyone else getting the vaccine without you taking any of the risks….

"

But people who are not taking the vaccine are taking a risk. A different risk, which will result in exactly the same outcome - antibodies and natural resistance to disease.

So what exactly is your problem?

I have a feeling you're just one of them people who feel that they're better than others and feel the need to control everyone around them.

I really wouldn't want to know what you'd be like as a dom.

Birmingham

"

Why should there be no consequence? Are you insane? Because we don’t live in an authoritarian state which restricts freedoms if we don’t do what the government say.

Why should there be a consequence?!

It’s literally nothing to do with me whether anyone takes it or not. I could not care less! Live and let live!

Newcastle and Gateshead

That’s because there should be no consequences, this isn’t North Korea ffs!"

There is a consequence to every action you take in your life! You may not realise it but there is! Some consequences are more subtle than others, but it doesn’t mean it is not happening…

This isn’t North Korea because no one has taken away your choice to get it or not! No one has held a gun to your head yet saying you must…..But then don’t complain about the consequence if YOU decide not to take it….

Like I said before… the liberty for you to swing your arms ends at the point where you hit my face!

"They have not been collaborating strokes, clots with those that had the vaccine. "

‘They’ ??

Birmingham

I am guessing you haven’t had the vaccine? Your choice? What has this prevented you from doing? "

I’m totally pro choice, simple as that. It’s none of my business whether others take the vaccine, and it’s no ones business whether I have.

By *aussageMan  over a year ago

sherborne

According to all the government databases, the covid shots are some of the most dangerous ever released to the market. In the EU they have caused over 2 million injuries, half of which were classified as serious (ie resulted in hospitalisation).

The manufactures also cancelled all their long term trials. As soon as they got emergency approval they informed the trial participants that they had the placebo, then promptly gave them the vaccine.

By *traight_no_iceMan  over a year ago

Stoke

"The healthy mother of one developed headaches a week after her first dose of the vaccine and suffered blood clots in the brain which ultimately led to her death

From what I've seen in reports so far, the immunity you get from actually having covid lasts longer and is more effective than having the vaccine. While I suppose getting the vaccine is recommended, I don't see the justification for those who have already had the virus; that said, I could be wrong."

That’s what this guy said. Superfit 56 uear old, caught covid once, no issues. He thought that with the antibodies he had it was ok to skip the vaccine. He got the virus second time. He almost died. When i saw his photos before and after I thought it was fake news…

It is in the news. The guy got facebook also. He lived to tell.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/unvaccinated-fitness-coach-caught-covid-twice_uk_61277b42e4b02be25b58d20f

Birmingham

There is a consequence to every action you take in your life! You may not realise it but there is! Some consequences are more subtle than others, but it doesn’t mean it is not happening…

This isn’t North Korea because no one has taken away your choice to get it or not! No one has held a gun to your head yet saying you must…..But then don’t complain about the consequence if YOU decide not to take it….

Like I said before… the liberty for you to swing your arms ends at the point where you hit my face! "

I will complain about any consequences for people who choose not to, as there should be none in my opinion. I will fully support people who choose not to, as i believe it’s their right.

Don’t tell me what to do or what not to do. You sound insane.

Newcastle and Gateshead

Criminals have consequences because they've done something wrong against society.

Misbehaving kids have consequences to teach them to be better humans when they grow up.

Healthy people who pose no danger to others shouldn't have any consequences for living their own life by their own standards.

"

So you being “healthy” get to compromise “me”with a blood disorder so my immune system doesn’t work properly!!!!

Cool… so do we all just shelter ad finitum?

Old people first?????

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

"They have not been collaborating strokes, clots with those that had the vaccine.

‘They’ ?? "

No information is being collected on admission to hospital about when the patient with a stroke resulting from a clot had the vaccine.

"According to all the government databases, the covid shots are some of the most dangerous ever released to the market. In the EU they have caused over 2 million injuries, half of which were classified as serious (ie resulted in hospitalisation).

The manufactures also cancelled all their long term trials. As soon as they got emergency approval they informed the trial participants that they had the placebo, then promptly gave them the vaccine."

1 million hospitalised because of the vaccine? Utter bullshit

"They have not been collaborating strokes, clots with those that had the vaccine.

‘They’ ??

No information is being collected on admission to hospital about when the patient with a stroke resulting from a clot had the vaccine. "

And? Do you have any data that suggests blood clots and strokes cases are ‘unusually ‘ high right now?

Yup this.

We should be vaccinating to vulnerable and let everyone else get on with life. "

We should isolate the unvaccinated and let everyone else get on with life.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"According to all the government databases, the covid shots are some of the most dangerous ever released to the market. In the EU they have caused over 2 million injuries, half of which were classified as serious (ie resulted in hospitalisation).

The manufactures also cancelled all their long term trials. As soon as they got emergency approval they informed the trial participants that they had the placebo, then promptly gave them the vaccine."

Total bolloxs……. If that was the case the FDA would not have given Pfizer full medical approval for their vaccine 2 days ago!!!!

‘They’ ??

No information is being collected on admission to hospital about when the patient with a stroke resulting from a clot had the vaccine. "

How do you know?

Birmingham

[Removed by poster at 26/08/21 14:12:19]

I am guessing you haven’t had the vaccine? Your choice? What has this prevented you from doing?

I’m totally pro choice, simple as that. It’s none of my business whether others take the vaccine, and it’s no ones business whether I have."

True, and it’s private businesses choice wether they want unvaccinated people on their premises or using their services or not, simple really .

Birmingham

I’m totally pro choice, simple as that. It’s none of my business whether others take the vaccine, and it’s no ones business whether I have.

True, and it’s private businesses choice wether they want unvaccinated people on their premises or using their services or not, simple really . "

And virtually all don’t give a shit. They want custom.

Birmingham

Yup this.

We should isolate the unvaccinated and let everyone else get on with life."

Please expand on this. What do you mean by isolate. What would you ban them from? Everything? Not leave their house? How would you go about enforcing it? Can’t wait to hear this…..

True, and it’s private businesses choice wether they want unvaccinated people on their premises or using their services or not, simple really .

And virtually all don’t give a shit. They want custom."

Their choice, simple . They will get plenty of custom as the vast majority of the population are vaccinated , again, it’s their ‘choice ‘

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

It really is amazing how many people living in the UK think we live a life of complete liberty, rather than the actuality of being restricted by law and regulation in every single aspect of our restricted and regulated lives.

Birmingham

Their choice, simple . They will get plenty of custom as the vast majority of the population are vaccinated , again, it’s their ‘choice ‘ "

Businesses don’t give a toss. They’re not excluding anyone. What are you on about?

"It really is amazing how many people living in the UK think we live a life of complete liberty, rather than the actuality of being restricted by law and regulation in every single aspect of our restricted and regulated lives."

I know, these people are either naive or deluded,

Birmingham

"It really is amazing how many people living in the UK think we live a life of complete liberty, rather than the actuality of being restricted by law and regulation in every single aspect of our restricted and regulated lives.

I know, these people are either naive or deluded, "

No one thinks we live in complete liberty. That’s nonsense. I’ve never heard of anyone who thinks that, ever. That’s frankly an odd thing to think.

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

I hope when you have a partner you will make sure she never goes on the pill. It has a much higher incidence of blood clots.

Belfast

So you being “healthy” get to compromise “me”with a blood disorder so my immune system doesn’t work properly!!!!

Cool… so do we all just shelter ad finitum?

Old people first????? "

How exactly am I compromising you or anyone else with anything?

Please expand on what danger am I posing to anyone around me.

Birmingham

"I hope when you have a partner you will make sure she never goes on the pill. It has a much higher incidence of blood clots. "

I hope everyone chooses to do exactly as they wish with medication. And I hope no one “makes” their partner do anything.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"It really is amazing how many people living in the UK think we live a life of complete liberty, rather than the actuality of being restricted by law and regulation in every single aspect of our restricted and regulated lives."

I was thinking this……

Their choice, simple . They will get plenty of custom as the vast majority of the population are vaccinated , again, it’s their ‘choice ‘

Businesses don’t give a toss. They’re not excluding anyone. What are you on about? "

Try getting on a plane , like I keep saying, it’s their choice, you can’t really have any issues if they decide to ban unvaccinated people from their premises ? It’s all about ‘freedom of choice’ ? Correct?

"I hope when you have a partner you will make sure she never goes on the pill. It has a much higher incidence of blood clots.

I hope everyone chooses to do exactly as they wish with medication. And I hope no one “makes” their partner do anything."

Who is making you have the vaccine?

Birmingham

"It really is amazing how many people living in the UK think we live a life of complete liberty, rather than the actuality of being restricted by law and regulation in every single aspect of our restricted and regulated lives.

I was thinking this…… "

Who have you ever met who thinks we have complete liberty? Anyone? Ever? Utter nonsense, and a desperation yet again to fit people into extremes. No one has said that. They just consider medical autonomy to be important. With no “consequences” to coerce. That doesn’t mean they believe in “complete liberty”. Absolute tripe.

Five worl colleagues have had covid so far, first two before vaccines were available. One was off work 2 months and the other is still off (from January)

The remaining three have been vaccinated and while feeling a bit unwell, they are working from home and will be back at work as soon as they can.... Just saying.

*work

Newcastle and Gateshead

I was thinking this…… "

I do wonder how anyone will ever believe a new drug or a new vaccine for anything after this…

Got help us if we ever come up with a cure for cancer or dementia for example… the resistance towards it from some is going to be huge

Birmingham

"I hope when you have a partner you will make sure she never goes on the pill. It has a much higher incidence of blood clots.

I hope everyone chooses to do exactly as they wish with medication. And I hope no one “makes” their partner do anything.

Who is making you have the vaccine? "

No one.

And I hope people are not coerced into it for work or leisure. So far there’s only been care home staff and thats going to be chaotic enough.

Birmingham

I was thinking this……

I do wonder how anyone will ever believe a new drug or a new vaccine for anything after this…

Got help us if we ever come up with a cure for cancer or dementia for example… the resistance towards it from some is going to be huge "

You are aware of the difference in death rate between covid and cancer/dementia? Or it that a bit nuanced for you?

No one.

And I hope people are not coerced into it for work or leisure. So far there’s only been care home staff and thats going to be chaotic enough."

Why? It is the employers ‘choice’ it is the airlines ‘choice’ it’s is music venues ‘choice ‘ , are you denying their freedom of choice?

I wonder will they report this on the news at ten

Birmingham

No one.

And I hope people are not coerced into it for work or leisure. So far there’s only been care home staff and thats going to be chaotic enough.

Why? It is the employers ‘choice’ it is the airlines ‘choice’ it’s is music venues ‘choice ‘ , are you denying their freedom of choice? "

It’s not their choice! It’s a government mandate!

Christ have you been living under a rock?

By *irtyold manMan  over a year ago

barnsley

Dont forget what boris says the benafits outweigh the risk

I wonder how many have died in total from been forced to take a lethal untested drug.

If any other person had killed the number of folks the gov have. Teling them its safe then they would be arrsted for murder

The benafits outweigh the risk is ok unless its you that gets killed

Lets see if the population wake up when kids start dying from covid jabs

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

No one.

"

You mean how you are coerced into having to wear a seatbelt to drive, or helmet to ride a motorbike. Neither of these things even impact on others, just yourself, yet we accept these "draconian restrictions of our personal liberty".

No one.

Why? It is the employers ‘choice’ it is the airlines ‘choice’ it’s is music venues ‘choice ‘ , are you denying their freedom of choice?

Christ have you been living under a rock?"

No, it's government advice. Not a law.

By *adyJayneWoman  over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

‘They’ ??

No information is being collected on admission to hospital about when the patient with a stroke resulting from a clot had the vaccine.

"

You're aware that they don't need to ask because it's on your medical records right?!

There is this magic thing, an NHS number and with the marvels of modern technology my doctors can see what has been said/done at the hospital. And the hospital can see my vaccination status.

Newcastle and Gateshead

I was thinking this……

Got help us if we ever come up with a cure for cancer or dementia for example… the resistance towards it from some is going to be huge

You are aware of the difference in death rate between covid and cancer/dementia? Or it that a bit nuanced for you?"

About as nuanced as the death rates those who die from covid without the vaccine compared to those who die from the side effects of the vaccine

Nuanced enough for you?

No one.

Their choice, you seem paranoid, maybe scared?

Birmingham

No one.

You mean how you are coerced into having to wear a seatbelt to drive, or helmet to ride a motorbike. Neither of these things even impact on others, just yourself, yet we accept these "draconian restrictions of our personal liberty"."

Seatbelts have zero downsides to them and you know that.

Vaccines in rare cases can have. That’s why medical autonomy comes under different laws.

Seatbelts is a childish comparison.

By *oomilsCouple  over a year ago

kettering

I saw this and it sums up exactly how I feel about everything at present.

You are not vaccinated, I respect your choice,

I am vaccinated, respect my choice ...

I'm vaccinated, not to please the government but:

* To not die from Covid-19.

* To NOT clutter a hospital bed if I get sick.

* To hug my loved ones

* To Not have to do PCR or antigenic tests to go out dancing, go to a restaurant, go on holidays and many more things to come ...

* To live my life.

* To have kids go back to school and play sports.

* For Covid-19 to be an old memory.

* To protect us.

On the other hand, no, I don't know what's in it - neither in this vaccine, the ones I had as a child, nor in the Big Mac, or in hot dogs, or in other treatments, whether it's for cancer, AIDS, the one for polyarthritis, vaccines for infants or children.

I also don't know what's in Ibuprofen, Tylenol, or other meds, it just cures my headaches, my pains ...

I don't know what's in the ink for tattoos. Or every ingredient in my soap or shampoo. I don’t know the long term effect of mobile phone use or whether or not that restaurant I just ate at REALLY used clean foods or just said it !

In short ...

There's a lot of things I don't know and never will…

I just know one thing: life is short, very short, and I still want to do something other than just going to work every day or staying locked in my home. I still want to travel and hug people without fear, find a little feeling of life "before".

As a child and as an adult I've been vaccinated for mumps, measles, rubella, polio, chicken pox, and probs a few others; my parents and I trusted the science and never had to suffer through or transmit any of said diseases ... just saying.

Birmingham

No one.

Their choice, you seem paranoid, maybe scared? "

Are you mad? Paranoid about what? How do I seem paranoid? You’re just making nonsense up now as you’re aware it’s not the individual business or care homes choice, it’s a government mandate. You were wrong, so you start talking gibberish about being scared. How about stick to the point and acknowledge it’s a government mandate, not the care homes choice…..

Burnleyish (She/They)

"Five worl colleagues have had covid so far, first two before vaccines were available. One was off work 2 months and the other is still off (from January)

The remaining three have been vaccinated and while feeling a bit unwell, they are working from home and will be back at work as soon as they can.... Just saying. "

I had it right at the beginning. I have CFS anyway but I've been in flare since I had it. It has never ever been as bad.

I grabbed the vaccine as soon as I was offered it. I can risk my CFS being any worse at all

Manchester (she/her)

"Five worl colleagues have had covid so far, first two before vaccines were available. One was off work 2 months and the other is still off (from January)

The remaining three have been vaccinated and while feeling a bit unwell, they are working from home and will be back at work as soon as they can.... Just saying.

I had it right at the beginning. I have CFS anyway but I've been in flare since I had it. It has never ever been as bad.

I grabbed the vaccine as soon as I was offered it. I can risk my CFS being any worse at all"

I'm so sorry

Newcastle and Gateshead

No one.

Okay then let’s play devils advocate… if it wasn’t government mandated and business chose to exclude those who are unvaccinated without medical reasons… would you be against that?

Just curious because that has certainly been the case at old Trafford so far… and other premier league clubs are looking at doing the same thing….

No one.

Are you mad? Paranoid about what? How do I seem paranoid? You’re just making nonsense up now as you’re aware it’s not the individual business or care homes choice, it’s a government mandate. You were wrong, so you start talking gibberish about being scared. How about stick to the point and acknowledge it’s a government mandate, not the care homes choice….."

Calm down, everything will be ok. It is government advice, airlines have decided that you need a test or be vaccinated to travel, their choice

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

In a study of over 500,000 Covid-19 patients CVT (Cerebral Venous Thrombosis) occurred in 39 in a million patients.

In over 480,000 people receiving a Covid-19 mRNA Vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna)_ CVT occurred in 4 in a million cases.

CVT has been reported occuring in about 5 in a million people after the first dose of AZ-Oxford Covid-19 vaccine.

Compared to the mRNA vaccines the risk of a CVT from Covid-19 is about 10 times greater.

Compared to the AZ-Oxford Covid-19 vaccine the risk of a CVT from Covid-19 is about 8 times greater.

These figures must be treated with caution as data is still being collected and the figures could change.

Bristol

"I saw this and it sums up exactly how I feel about everything at present.

You are not vaccinated, I respect your choice,

I am vaccinated, respect my choice ...

I'm vaccinated, not to please the government but:

* To not die from Covid-19.

* To NOT clutter a hospital bed if I get sick.

* To hug my loved ones

* To Not have to do PCR or antigenic tests to go out dancing, go to a restaurant, go on holidays and many more things to come ...

* To live my life.

* To have kids go back to school and play sports.

* For Covid-19 to be an old memory.

* To protect us.

On the other hand, no, I don't know what's in it - neither in this vaccine, the ones I had as a child, nor in the Big Mac, or in hot dogs, or in other treatments, whether it's for cancer, AIDS, the one for polyarthritis, vaccines for infants or children.

I also don't know what's in Ibuprofen, Tylenol, or other meds, it just cures my headaches, my pains ...

I don't know what's in the ink for tattoos. Or every ingredient in my soap or shampoo. I don’t know the long term effect of mobile phone use or whether or not that restaurant I just ate at REALLY used clean foods or just said it !

In short ...

There's a lot of things I don't know and never will…

I just know one thing: life is short, very short, and I still want to do something other than just going to work every day or staying locked in my home. I still want to travel and hug people without fear, find a little feeling of life "before".

As a child and as an adult I've been vaccinated for mumps, measles, rubella, polio, chicken pox, and probs a few others; my parents and I trusted the science and never had to suffer through or transmit any of said diseases ... just saying.

"

Don’t forget, Measles was declared eliminated in the US in the year 2000 as a result of continual vaccination programmes, but thanks to the exactly same kind of people who rejected the MMR vaccine due to their ‘research’, it’s on the rise again 20 years later.

Birmingham

No one.

Okay then let’s play devils advocate… if it wasn’t government mandated and business chose to exclude those who are unvaccinated without medical reasons… would you be against that?

Just curious because that has certainly been the case at old Trafford so far… and other premier league clubs are looking at doing the same thing…."

You’re wrong again. Premier league clubs, including man United, have offered the alternative of a negative test. Which I have always maintained is reasonable.

I believe it should be illegal to discriminate because businesses have no legal right to know peoples health records.

But in any case, this is not an issue and businesses are not excluding people. Trade bodies are against domestic passports. It is about government mandates, not private businesses.

Birmingham

No one.

Are you mad? Paranoid about what? How do I seem paranoid? You’re just making nonsense up now as you’re aware it’s not the individual business or care homes choice, it’s a government mandate. You were wrong, so you start talking gibberish about being scared. How about stick to the point and acknowledge it’s a government mandate, not the care homes choice…..

Calm down, everything will be ok. It is government advice, airlines have decided that you need a test or be vaccinated to travel, their choice "

A test, exactly my point. A reasonable alternative which does not therefore coerce the vaccine. That’s totally reasonable and is not what you were discussing. But you kept getting things wrong then slipping in nonsense like “calm down” to cover for your complete inability to get facts right.

Birmingham

No one.

Calm down, everything will be ok. It is government advice, airlines have decided that you need a test or be vaccinated to travel, their choice

A test, exactly my point. A reasonable alternative which does not therefore coerce the vaccine. That’s totally reasonable and is not what you were discussing. But you kept getting things wrong then slipping in nonsense like “calm down” to cover for your complete inability to get facts right."

However, a test is not an alternative for care homes staff. That is going to cause absolute chaos.

By *traight_no_iceMan  over a year ago

Stoke

No one.

Are you mad? Paranoid about what? How do I seem paranoid? You’re just making nonsense up now as you’re aware it’s not the individual business or care homes choice, it’s a government mandate. You were wrong, so you start talking gibberish about being scared. How about stick to the point and acknowledge it’s a government mandate, not the care homes choice….."

I am looking for a care home for my fragile eldery parent. If you have in mind a care home where most of the eldery patients are unvaccinated and most of the staff are unvaccinated let me know!

No one.

A test, exactly my point. A reasonable alternative which does not therefore coerce the vaccine. That’s totally reasonable and is not what you were discussing. But you kept getting things wrong then slipping in nonsense like “calm down” to cover for your complete inability to get facts right.

However, a test is not an alternative for care homes staff. That is going to cause absolute chaos."

It won’t, stay calm my friend, everything will be ok. If care workers don’t want the vaccine then that is their choice, if care homes don’t want to employ them, it’s their choice , simple really

Birmingham

No one.

I am looking for a care home for my fragile eldery parent. If you have in mind a care home where most of the eldery patients are unvaccinated and most of the staff are unvaccinated let me know! "

Well right now the trade is worried to death about staff shortages caused by this mandate. The caring is going to suffer big time. That is appalling. So ask yourself whether you’re happy with the elderly sitting in their own shit because of a lack of staff while you cheer on the fact the care homes staff are all vaccinated.

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

"No vaccine is 100% safe but i will still take my chance with it considering the millions who have had it with no ill effects. "

Me too, bring on the booster.

"

Thank you for sharing. Unfortunately healthy discussion on the point raised didn't follow.

Birmingham

No one.

However, a test is not an alternative for care homes staff. That is going to cause absolute chaos.

It won’t, stay calm my friend, everything will be ok. If care workers don’t want the vaccine then that is their choice, if care homes don’t want to employ them, it’s their choice , simple really "

I’ll say this again as you’re not the brightest.

It’s not care homes choices. It’s a government mandate.

I know it’s tough to understand but keep trying…

And when the elderly are not being cared for due to staff shortages, you carry on supporting this disgusting measure. But I guess you hadn’t thought of the consequences…..

The NHS have said that only about 1 in 10 people who have suffered side effects from the vaccine have reported them.

No one.

It won’t, stay calm my friend, everything will be ok. If care workers don’t want the vaccine then that is their choice, if care homes don’t want to employ them, it’s their choice , simple really

And when the elderly are not being cared for due to staff shortages, you carry on supporting this disgusting measure. But I guess you hadn’t thought of the consequences….."

Their choice, there will be plenty of staff as the vast majority of the population are vaccinated,

Birmingham

No one.

And when the elderly are not being cared for due to staff shortages, you carry on supporting this disgusting measure. But I guess you hadn’t thought of the consequences….."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/covid-19-care-homes-brace-themselves-for-staff-shortages-due-to-new-vaccination-rules-12390791

A story on staff shortages. But it’s ok apparently according to a bloke on a forum who knows more than the trade itself….

Bristol

"The NHS have said that only about 1 in 10 people who have suffered side effects from the vaccine have reported them."

Where have they said this? You’d have to wonder how they know what the figure is if it’s not being reported...

Birmingham

No one.

And when the elderly are not being cared for due to staff shortages, you carry on supporting this disgusting measure. But I guess you hadn’t thought of the consequences…..

Their choice, there will be plenty of staff as the vast majority of the population are vaccinated, "

It’s not their choice, it’s a government mandate. For the fifth time. Are you deliberately ignoring this?

If there’s plenty of staff, then have a Google on today’s stories about care homes staff shortages. You’re wrong. Again.

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Does nobody know the dangers of womens contraception, just as a start off?!? If nobody used drugs that could potentially kill them, to treat themselves... We would do away with modern medicine "

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

There are also staff shortages in haulage, fruit picking, hospitality and many other industries.

I suspect there are many leavers that are leading to such wide range shortages across different industries.

I seem to recall carehomes as also facing shortages due to brexit. But that still happened.

Birmingham

"There are also staff shortages in haulage, fruit picking, hospitality and many other industries.

I suspect there are many leavers that are leading to such wide range shortages across different industries.

I seem to recall carehomes as also facing shortages due to brexit. But that still happened. "

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/society/2021/aug/24/staffing-shortfall-english-care-homes-drop-in-workers

Vaccine mandation causing a care staff crisis.

No one.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/covid-19-care-homes-brace-themselves-for-staff-shortages-due-to-new-vaccination-rules-12390791

A story on staff shortages. But it’s ok apparently according to a bloke on a forum who knows more than the trade itself…. "

Chill, your getting a upset and resorting to personal insults, you are correct, the government do require all staff who work in care homes to be vaccinated , great news for the elderly and staff .

Bristol

"There are also staff shortages in haulage, fruit picking, hospitality and many other industries.

I seem to recall carehomes as also facing shortages due to brexit. But that still happened. "

Yes, Covid is providing a handy smokescreen for issues that were clearly going to occur as a result of Brexit.

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

No one.

Their choice, there will be plenty of staff as the vast majority of the population are vaccinated,

It’s not their choice, it’s a government mandate. For the fifth time. Are you deliberately ignoring this?

If there’s plenty of staff, then have a Google on today’s stories about care homes staff shortages. You’re wrong. Again."

There is no staff NO STAFF the industry is short by 100,000 and now at least 40,000 are leaving do the sums .... I’m in health and social care it’s a shitty job literally and positions can’t be filled .... if you thought last winter was bad you ain’t seen nothing !!!!

No one.

You mean how you are coerced into having to wear a seatbelt to drive, or helmet to ride a motorbike. Neither of these things even impact on others, just yourself, yet we accept these "draconian restrictions of our personal liberty".

Seatbelts have zero downsides to them and you know that.

Vaccines in rare cases can have. That’s why medical autonomy comes under different laws.

Seatbelts is a childish comparison."

There are tiny number of cases of aortic rupture leading to death associated with seatbelt wearing in an accident.

So not quite zero. So the comparison is fair. In the overwhelming majority of cases the seatbelt saves lives, yet in very small number it can actually be the cause of death.

That sounds very much like your description above of vaccines "Vaccines in rare cases can have".

This ratio was exactly why the government of the day made the wearing of seatbelts a legal requirement.

One could argue this is a very similar situation to that of COVID and the vaccine.

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

I hate to crush the antivaxers incoming arguments… but them be statistical facts "

Commonsense response

In your bed

[Removed by poster at 26/08/21 15:00:27]

I seem to recall carehomes as also facing shortages due to brexit. But that still happened.

Yes, Covid is providing a handy smokescreen for issues that were clearly going to occur as a result of Brexit."

Shhh, don’t mention the dreaded B word

In your bed

"https://www.ageuk.org.uk/our-impact/campaigning/care-in-crisis/brexit/"

I quote

Right now, there are around 110,000 unfilled care jobs in the UK, and more than 3 in 10 care staff leave their jobs each year.

So the numbers pre and post covid for gaps in care home staff look very similar

By *heNaturistCoupleCouple  over a year ago

crewe

It's a tragic case of rare but severe side effects that all medicines have hence the rigourous testing and data recording.

Bristol

No one.

If there’s plenty of staff, then have a Google on today’s stories about care homes staff shortages. You’re wrong. Again.

There is no staff NO STAFF the industry is short by 100,000 and now at least 40,000 are leaving do the sums .... I’m in health and social care it’s a shitty job literally and positions can’t be filled .... if you thought last winter was bad you ain’t seen nothing !!!!"

The charity Independent Age have estimated that by 2037, due to Brexit and it’s effects on immigration the social care workforce gap will be in the best case 350,000 people, and in the worst case 1.1 Million people. So it’s a very significant factor.

Tin town

"It's a complete misunderstanding of risk. Everything you do has a risk of dying associated with it. But most are absolutely tiny. Like the AZ Vaccine. The risk of dying from Covid is far from tiny. If you take the AZ Vaccine your overall risk of dying in the next year goes down. Simple"

You claim the risk if dying from covid is "far from tiny". I'm intrigued what far from tiny is? What is the risk of dying from covid as a 44 year old female?

You see I think people make these sort of claims but are not able to give a number, that would allow people to make an informed judgement if they are hesitant. So as an example... how many 44 year old women have died of covid in the last 6 months?

As an addendum I found this article on line which is quite informative.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/24/covid-claims-100-lives-a-day-on-average-across-the-uk-statistics-show

"It's a complete misunderstanding of risk. Everything you do has a risk of dying associated with it. But most are absolutely tiny. Like the AZ Vaccine. The risk of dying from Covid is far from tiny. If you take the AZ Vaccine your overall risk of dying in the next year goes down. Simple

You claim the risk if dying from covid is "far from tiny". I'm intrigued what far from tiny is? What is the risk of dying from covid as a 44 year old female?

You see I think people make these sort of claims but are not able to give a number, that would allow people to make an informed judgement if they are hesitant. So as an example... how many 44 year old women have died of covid in the last 6 months?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/24/covid-claims-100-lives-a-day-on-average-across-the-uk-statistics-show

"

I would like to compare the risk of dying from COVID with the risk of dying from the vaccine

Tin town

"It's a complete misunderstanding of risk. Everything you do has a risk of dying associated with it. But most are absolutely tiny. Like the AZ Vaccine. The risk of dying from Covid is far from tiny. If you take the AZ Vaccine your overall risk of dying in the next year goes down. Simple

I would like to compare the risk of dying from COVID with the risk of dying from the vaccine "

By age by sex...that would be extremely useful information to have wouldnt it?

"https://www.ageuk.org.uk/our-impact/campaigning/care-in-crisis/brexit/

I quote

Right now, there are around 110,000 unfilled care jobs in the UK, and more than 3 in 10 care staff leave their jobs each year.

So the numbers pre and post covid for gaps in care home staff look very similar "

Care home staff are far more likely to leave their jobs due to the appalling pay and conditions than having to get vaccinated.

It suits the people responsible for the appalling pay and conditions to have something else to blame though.

Burnleyish (She/They)

I grabbed the vaccine as soon as I was offered it. I can risk my CFS being any worse at all

I'm so sorry"

Thanks.

It's hard seeing my life crumble so much. Had some people wanting to know when I'll head to a club again but I've had to drop to working part time...

Something simple as a shower or going for a walk can cause me hours or days of exhaustion so strong I can't think/talk/eat.

I'm just hoping it will get better at some point.

I would like to compare the risk of dying from COVID with the risk of dying from the vaccine

By age by sex...that would be extremely useful information to have wouldnt it? "

Yes, it would be very difficult to obtain but it would at least give people who are uncertain about taking the vaccine a chance to compare

Bristol

Do we know enough about Covid to accurately model the risks yet? Beyond the obvious pointers, such as old age or particular health conditions, it seems to be a complete lottery.

I had this vaccine and I didn't want it but it was all I could get

By *ohnsnowmanMan  over a year ago

Don't Go Back to Sexville

I can't find the chances of a 44 year old female dying of covid but... I think it's also worth bearing in mind that you are not just increasing your chances of getting covid. You are increasing everyone's chances. That said I'm not going to have a go at anyone for not having the vac (though I may silently judge them) mainly because the uptake is high enough so that the small number of refuseniks won't make too much of a difference.

To go back to my original point, though. People talking about the chances of a blood clot are effectively assessing the risk of the Covid Vac in a way they are not evaluating the other risks in their lives. Getting in a car, taking the contraceptive pill, walking down the street, playing sport, cycling, drinking, smoking; all these things have a not insignificant risk of killing you.

Cal"

Yes, it would be very difficult to obtain but it would at least give people who are uncertain about taking the vaccine a chance to compare "

it may help... But is suspect vaccine related death are so few the data at this level won't be credible... Or will have a large range which will confuse people. And even then people will come out with "underlying medical conditions" as a reason the risk is different.

It's tricky. But always worth remembering this case is in the news because it is unusual (and because the BBC love to talk about their own). We can name the person who does from a vaccine. We quote daily death numbers from Covid. But putting a person to teh story makes it feel more real.

Yup this.

We should isolate the unvaccinated and let everyone else get on with life."

"About blood clots - I was on a pill for a month. I couldn't cope with it as my whole body kept twitching for no reason (reason I discovered years after taking it).

I can only imagine how much higher risk of blood clots would be to women who use estrogen contraceptics. This thing should be pointed out to women before they get vaccinated. "

I had a pulmonary embolism caused by the pill years ago. I also had the AZ vaccine. Had the first one literally as the news was breaking about the link to clots so it was quite a worry for a while. Whilst I would probably have opted for a different vaccine had I known earlier, I have no regrets and feel safer for doing so.

But could we not use the same statement about Covid, billions have had it without any effect ?

"Almost 60% of ALL reported vaccine related deaths in the last 32 years have been from the Covid-19 injections reported in just the last few months!

"

But you are at risk.

[Removed by poster at 26/08/21 15:45:37]

"I can't find the chances of a 44 year old female dying of covid but... I think it's also worth bearing in mind that you are not just increasing your chances of getting covid. You are increasing everyone's chances. That said I'm not going to have a go at anyone for not having the vac (though I may silently judge them) mainly because the uptake is high enough so that the small number of refuseniks won't make too much of a difference.

To go back to my original point, though. People talking about the chances of a blood clot are effectively assessing the risk of the Covid Vac in a way they are not evaluating the other risks in their lives. Getting in a car, taking the contraceptive pill, walking down the street, playing sport, cycling, drinking, smoking; all these things have a not insignificant risk of killing you."

But with most of the risks we take every day, we have more than 6 month of data statistics, ability to decide if we want to partake in them, the Covid vaccine is being forced upon many, to have a holiday or to go to an event.

And the more unvaccinated, the more it spreads. The more it spreads, the more it mutates. The more it mutates the greater the likelihood that a mutation will evolve that is not only more contagious, like the Delta variant now running rampant in our country, but possibly more deadly.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-55404988

"And the more unvaccinated, the more it spreads. The more it spreads, the more it mutates. The more it mutates the greater the likelihood that a mutation will evolve that is not only more contagious, like the Delta variant now running rampant in our country, but possibly more deadly.

"

Totally incorrect and 8 months out of date

"No vaccine is 100% safe but i will still take my chance with it considering the millions who have had it with no ill effects.

But could we not use the same statement about Covid, billions have had it without any effect ? "

Considering only 214 million worldwide have had it thus far, no, we could not say that.

[Removed by poster at 26/08/21 15:51:14]

"And the more unvaccinated, the more it spreads. The more it spreads, the more it mutates. The more it mutates the greater the likelihood that a mutation will evolve that is not only more contagious, like the Delta variant now running rampant in our country, but possibly more deadly.

Totally incorrect and 8 months out of date"

You a speed reader are you? The SCIENCE is not out of date. Sorry and carry on

By *igNick1381Man  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

"

And variants will develop in parts of the world where vaccine uptake is minimal

Remember that Delta came in from India

So even if 100%0of the UK was vaccinated, the virus could still enter unless we closed the borders to everyone

And as people can STILL get the virus when vaccinated, and still transmit the virus when vaccinated, it'll still mutate

Bristol

Totally incorrect and 8 months out of date"

All science has changed in 8 months? Who knew?

What the truck driver are doing is democratic, the government is now not doing what the people want, they work for the people, a peaceful protest, and the population a huge number agree with it, - the government have to change their stance, or be extremely aggressive, its negotiation, negotiate in a language that is understood, if by bringing the land to halt it will effect every even the people in the police and government, now the people have nothing, stop all transport, no one will have any thing, including politicians, it will hurt them financially too, the man on the ground has no money to loose,

And variants will develop in parts of the world where vaccine uptake is minimal

Remember that Delta came in from India

So even if 100%0of the UK was vaccinated, the virus could still enter unless we closed the borders to everyone

And as people can STILL get the virus when vaccinated, and still transmit the virus when vaccinated, it'll still mutate"

Wrong....again article 8 months out of date..........variants and mutations way more prevelant now in the more vaxxed countries........Israel as example.google it

All science has changed in 8 months? Who knew? "

Thats what science does......its fluid and now the results of these experimental vaccines are being seen.......simple

All science has changed in 8 months? Who knew? "

I suspect the argument is there is some evidence to show the infection load is the same for vaccinated as unvaccinated when it comes to the delta variant bbsonin theory vaccinated are as infectious. There is some evidence to show the length of time one is infectious when vaccinated is lower, and so that means less infectious when measured over time.

Afaik it's not conclusively shown and the latest paper suggested more research should be done.

"No vaccine is 100% safe but i will still take my chance with it considering the millions who have had it with no ill effects.

But could we not use the same statement about Covid, billions have had it without any effect ?

Considering only 214 million worldwide have had it thus far, no, we could not say that. "

214 mil people who have had the virus ? Or vaccine ?

Bristol

Thats what science does......its fluid and now the results of these experimental vaccines are being seen.......simple"

No, science rarely changes significantly, which is why scientific breakthroughs are comparatively rare. The continual application of science increases our understanding of things, and as such we are able to build upon what we know, so that we know and understand more.

And simple it generally is not, unless you are attempting to give something complex a false simplicity to allow you to believe you understand it.

By *exyFusionCouple  over a year ago

Near to you

Considering only 214 million worldwide have had it thus far, no, we could not say that.

214 mil people who have had the virus ? Or vaccine ? "

THE VIRUS. So not "billions" . . .

Thats what science does......its fluid and now the results of these experimental vaccines are being seen.......simple

No, science rarely changes significantly, which is why scientific breakthroughs are comparatively rare. The continual application of science increases our understanding of things, and as such we are able to build upon what we know, so that we know and understand more.

And simple it generally is not, unless you are attempting to give something complex a false simplicity to allow you to believe you understand it."

What utter tosh.........it changes daily with a Novel Vaccine

Tin town

Yes, it would be very difficult to obtain but it would at least give people who are uncertain about taking the vaccine a chance to compare "

That's been my point all along. Communicate / Provide accurate information in a digestible easy to understand format and let people ask questions / decide in an adult way. Rather than the childlike and generic... "get a jab it's safe for everyone you moron" or "don't take the dangerous untested etc" after a year of it I'd hoped there would be a better approach. We deserve better.

[Removed by poster at 26/08/21 16:21:34]

Tin town

"I can't find the chances of a 44 year old female dying of covid but... I think it's also worth bearing in mind that you are not just increasing your chances of getting covid. You are increasing everyone's chances. That said I'm not going to have a go at anyone for not having the vac (though I may silently judge them) mainly because the uptake is high enough so that the small number of refuseniks won't make too much of a difference.

To go back to my original point, though. People talking about the chances of a blood clot are effectively assessing the risk of the Covid Vac in a way they are not evaluating the other risks in their lives. Getting in a car, taking the contraceptive pill, walking down the street, playing sport, cycling, drinking, smoking; all these things have a not insignificant risk of killing you."

Maybe they are... Maybe they aren't... We don't know. But then again they are not called names and put under pressure for not playing 5 aside football because they choose not to. I think it would be helpful to publish relative risks and compare it to some activities like you have listed. It's risk to have it.... Its a different risk not to have it. Help people through that process. For those that are open to it. For those refusing on principle... Its their body their right to refuse. I have no issue with that principle.

Belfast

214 mil people who have had the virus ? Or vaccine ?

THE VIRUS. So not "billions" . . ."

But... in most cases you're only required to get tested if you have any symptoms even if you are a close contact to a positive case.

Knowing that and the fact that there's very many people who never even develop any symptoms from this virus - it's safe to assume that there's way more people out there than 214 million who have had the virus and overall death and serious illness percentage is also a lot lower than what main stream media is presenting to us.

Bristol

To go back to my original point, though. People talking about the chances of a blood clot are effectively assessing the risk of the Covid Vac in a way they are not evaluating the other risks in their lives. Getting in a car, taking the contraceptive pill, walking down the street, playing sport, cycling, drinking, smoking; all these things have a not insignificant risk of killing you.

Maybe they are... Maybe they aren't... We don't know. But then again they are not called names and put under pressure for not playing 5 aside football because they choose not to. I think it would be helpful to publish relative risks and compare it to some activities like you have listed. It's risk to have it.... Its a different risk not to have it. Help people through that process. For those that are open to it. For those refusing on principle... Its their body their right to refuse. I have no issue with that principle. "

So people have the right to refuse to wear a seatbelt? It is after all their body, to coin just one example of many, where the government mandates behaviour in matters of public health and safety.

Tin town

Maybe they are... Maybe they aren't... We don't know. But then again they are not called names and put under pressure for not playing 5 aside football because they choose not to. I think it would be helpful to publish relative risks and compare it to some activities like you have listed. It's risk to have it.... Its a different risk not to have it. Help people through that process. For those that are open to it. For those refusing on principle... Its their body their right to refuse. I have no issue with that principle.

So people have the right to refuse to wear a seatbelt? It is after all their body, to coin just one example of many, where the government mandates behaviour in matters of public health and safety."

Is there a law to force all people to have a vaccine?

I had a ‘decussion’ recent with a very angry lady who stated any one who didn't have the vaccine should not be treated should they contract it. I enwuired if the same would happen to smokers those overweight and people who take drugs.

We all have an opinion on this but instead of beating others with a stick that Dont think as you do give someone you know a hug for gods sake

If you want to have a go at me????

Dont bother cos I'm not listening luv ya xxx

So people have the right to refuse to wear a seatbelt? It is after all their body, to coin just one example of many, where the government mandates behaviour in matters of public health and safety.

Is there a law to force all people to have a vaccine? "

There isn't, so the complaints above would get much louder were the Government to decide to put such a law in place.

At present all that's being said is that you might not be able to go to some of the places you wish to, and people are shouting about their freedoms being eroded.

In theory, I wonder if people could be sectioned under the mental health act for their own protection, and whilst under that section forced to take the vaccine.

If you stood in the centre of town threatening to take your own life, the outcome would be similar (i.e. sectioned and forced to take drugs).

I am not saying this should happen by the way. Just a mental exercise...

If you'd rather take your chances with covid that's fine. I don't mind people making carefully measured, thought-through decisions.

The problem is when people spread (sometimes WILDLY inaccurate) misinformation that influences others to make decisions without researching for themselves. Or when they deride those that did decide to get vaxxed for being "sheep implanted with the government's nanotechnology" or whatever.

Bristol

Is there a law to force all people to have a vaccine? "

That doesn’t answer the question.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"

"

No, it hasn't. Don't lie.

liverpool

"

No, it hasn't. Don't lie. "

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-08-19/double-jabbed-may-spread-covid-as-much-as-the-unvaccinated

here

"

No, it hasn't. Don't lie. "

The data coming out of the various studies of the Delta variant is now showing that the viral load in a vaccinated person is at a very similar level to the person who is unvaccinated.

The suggestion now is that that the Delta variant can be spread as easily by both vaccinated and unvaccinated persons.

The underlying purpose and benefit of the vaccine, to reduce the chances of severe illness, remains unchanged.

Tin town

Is there a law to force all people to have a vaccine?

That doesn’t answer the question."

What was your question? Wearing a seat belt if one is available is the law. Having a vaccine is not.

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

Not good it happened, it does come with side effects, r.i.p.

"

No, it hasn't. Don't lie.

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-08-19/double-jabbed-may-spread-covid-as-much-as-the-unvaccinated

"

From the OU release

We don’t yet know how much transmission can happen from people who get COVID-19 after being vaccinated – for example, they may have high levels of virus for shorter periods of time.

So really the answer is nothing has been proven. Either which way.