London

It’s more effective than no vaccine though

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"That’s very old news…."

I just heard it now

Someone called me and said that the vaccine is no good against the new variant.

Doing my Facking head in

By *traight_no_iceMan  over a year ago

Stoke

"Someone called me and said that the vaccine is no good against the new variant.

Doing my Facking head in "

Are you vaccinated and you worry?

By *outhlondon_guyMan  over a year ago

London

"Against the delta veriant "

It appears to be strongly effective against severe disease from what I've seen

"Someone called me and said that the vaccine is no good against the new variant.

Doing my Facking head in

Are you vaccinated and you worry?"

I'm vaccinated and I don't worry. It's other people who are telling me so much crap and now I can't see the truth through the nonsense.

By *LiamMan  over a year ago

Midlands

Not vaccinated, so I don't care

Stoke

Doing my Facking head in

I'm vaccinated and I don't worry. It's other people who are telling me so much crap and now I can't see the truth through the nonsense. "

You did the right thing, to a degree we are protected against serious illness and hospitalisation against the Delta variant. It may not be ideal, but it is better than being unvaccinated.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

It's still infinitely more effective than nothing.

Cal

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Doing my Facking head in

I'm vaccinated and I don't worry. It's other people who are telling me so much crap and now I can't see the truth through the nonsense.

You did the right thing, to a degree we are protected against serious illness and hospitalisation against the Delta variant. It may not be ideal, but it is better than being unvaccinated."

Storyline on the beeb this morning...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-58354342

Delta variant twice as likely to lead to hospitalisation.

Trouble is the data is from may...which doesn't reflect the situation now.

As the poster above says.. "doing his head in" there's so much bad, out of date, misinterpreted, and so on infotainment out there its hard to see what's relavent and what's not.. And hundreds of different agendas...many of which are malign. I mean publishing stuff based on the situation 3 months ago when the situation is so dynamic... I question the value. (actually if you read the article you can very easily also question the headline, which is wildy inaccurate at best)

But what I see from gov / ons numbers is that infections, hospital admissions, ventilations and deaths increasing. the number who are vaccinated increasing, number who have natural immune responses increasing ... So go figure. I'm jabbed but not convinced by a very long way that the vaxes are as effective as we are told each day everyday. Think we are in for a tough winter and there's a way to go to understand this problem.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Doing my Facking head in

You did the right thing, to a degree we are protected against serious illness and hospitalisation against the Delta variant. It may not be ideal, but it is better than being unvaccinated.

As the poster above says.. "doing his head in" there's so much bad, out of date, misinterpreted, and so on infotainment out there its hard to see what's relavent and what's not.. And hundreds of different agendas...many of which are malign. I mean publishing stuff based on the situation 3 months ago when the situation is so dynamic... I question the value. (actually if you read the article you can very easily also question the headline, which is wildy inaccurate at best)

But what I see from gov / ons numbers is that infections, hospital admissions, ventilations and deaths increasing. the number who are vaccinated increasing, number who have natural immune responses increasing ... So go figure. I'm jabbed but not convinced by a very long way that the vaxes are as effective as we are told each day everyday. Think we are in for a tough winter and there's a way to go to understand this problem. "

No real restrictions in place now but no exponential explosion in cases numbers despite high prevalence of the virus. If this is not thanks to vaccination what is it due to?

Tin town

Doing my Facking head in

But what I see from gov / ons numbers is that infections, hospital admissions, ventilations and deaths increasing. the number who are vaccinated increasing, number who have natural immune responses increasing ... So go figure. I'm jabbed but not convinced by a very long way that the vaxes are as effective as we are told each day everyday. Think we are in for a tough winter and there's a way to go to understand this problem.

No real restrictions in place now but no exponential explosion in cases numbers despite high prevalence of the virus. If this is not thanks to vaccination what is it due to?"

I'm not sure what you're suggesting? Is it that the numbers...are not considerably higher now than they were a month ago? That they are not high enough and increasing enough for you to question how effectivity of 90 percent as we are told repeatedly?

As for what may be helping... Summer living... Mask wearing

. New learned behaviours.. Natural immunity due to so many infections...

I'm not suggesting that vaccines aren't helping.... They absolutely are. I'm merely saying I challenge how effective they are when we have such high levels of new infections.

Its almost like we can't have a brown up discussion on here.. You either worship the God of vaccine and its perfect or you think they are the devil's work and there is no space in between the two.

Stoke

Doing my Facking head in

No real restrictions in place now but no exponential explosion in cases numbers despite high prevalence of the virus. If this is not thanks to vaccination what is it due to?"

The data used was from March until May. They were comparing the risk to get hospitalised from Alpha (the Kent variant) compared to Delta (the Indian variant). The current vaccine offers good protection from the Alpha but not so good from the Delta but for now, that’ s all we have.

The study using data from March until May has been published by the Lancet yesterday.

I am not a scientist but how long do you believe such a big study should take before being published to consider it current?

You question the value of this study but what would be the ideal study for you to see value?

One that it is completed in a couple of weeks with a sample of 500 people and being published straight away after that?

I am double vaccinated and in no way I believe that the situation is over. It would be a lot better if the current vaccine was as effective for Delta as it is for Alpha. Unfortunately, this does not happen to be the case so In the meantime I continue taking precautions. We will have a more accurate picture from October onwards.

Stoke

Doing my Facking head in

No real restrictions in place now but no exponential explosion in cases numbers despite high prevalence of the virus. If this is not thanks to vaccination what is it due to?

I'm not sure what you're suggesting? Is it that the numbers...are not considerably higher now than they were a month ago? That they are not high enough and increasing enough for you to question how effectivity of 90 percent as we are told repeatedly?

I'm not suggesting that vaccines aren't helping.... They absolutely are. I'm merely saying I challenge how effective they are when we have such high levels of new infections.

Its almost like we can't have a brown up discussion on here.. You either worship the God of vaccine and its perfect or you think they are the devil's work and there is no space in between the two.

"

I think you answered your question “ how effectivity of 90 percent as we are told repeatedly?” in your previous post where you said that the situation “is so dynamic” and you question the value of data as recent as 3 months ago.

Exactly, the situation is dynamic. Things change. And because of that things that they told to us repeatedly at times do not correspond to what we see now. 3 months ago, the Delta variant was not as prevalent as it is now. The projection for the very high infections did not materilaise but we still see high infections.

We know that the Delta variant is more infectuous and easier to spread. This is something the scientists got right. Thanks to a combination of things like looser measures, people spending more time outside due to good weather without being careful, the vaccine protecting less from the delta variant (they have said the vaccine protects less from us being infected by the delta but still offers adequate protection from getting sick in a very bad way), we see an increase in the numbers.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

[Removed by poster at 28/08/21 10:53:42]

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The Delta variant more than doubles the risk of hospitalisations if you're not vaccinated. The vaccines do offer protection against it, so if you are vaccinated.you benefit from not getting more serious illness or death - as well as filling up the hospitals and making other people waiting for health treatments have to wait even longer.

Don't rely on tittle tattle, just read the scientific evidence at source, away from social and other media.

By *heNaturistCoupleCouple  over a year ago

crewe

Doing my Facking head in

"

I think your failing to grasp what the RR is on the vaccine, relative risk reduction.

The relative risk has gone up considerably would you not agree?.

The testing phase use RR as a guide to unvaccinated and other vaccines.

They also use AR actual risk reduction, this about 6-9% for one person vaccinated in a completely unvaccinated population, obviously the more vaccinated the higher the relative risk reduction becomes because of the accumulation of AR.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Well, on the 20th of January this year there were 1,820 deaths from covid19. That's both before the Delta variant and before mass vaccination began. Yesterday 133 people died from covid19, that would have included any Delta variants as well.

Now call me old fashioned, if the delta variant is supposed to just wipe us all out because the vaccines don't work........................i'll have another 2 jabs of that non working vaccine please.

Tin town

"Against the delta veriant

Well, on the 20th of January this year there were 1,820 deaths from covid19. That's both before the Delta variant and before mass vaccination began. Yesterday 133 people died from covid19, that would have included any Delta variants as well.

Now call me old fashioned, if the delta variant is supposed to just wipe us all out because the vaccines don't work........................i'll have another 2 jabs of that non working vaccine please."

What's significant about Jan 20?why pick a midwinter date,near the peak of a wave? Why not make your comparison to this time last summer? Or on the up curve at the start of a wave? Doesn't make much sense to compare a summer date to a winter one.

Now call me old fashioned, if the delta variant is supposed to just wipe us all out because the vaccines don't work........................i'll have another 2 jabs of that non working vaccine please.

What's significant about Jan 20?why pick a midwinter date,near the peak of a wave? Why not make your comparison to this time last summer? Or on the up curve at the start of a wave? Doesn't make much sense to compare a summer date to a winter one. "

Your right it dosn't. But neither does comparing against no vaccine at all against a variant that didn't exist at the time. We have vaccines now, and the stat's clearly show they are working. Unless you are saying we are back to 1800+ deaths a day and our hospitals are ful of covid patients ? An d the NHS and government are lying to us ?

By *rufinWoman  over a year ago

notts

Previous infection gives 99% protection against re-infection. I'm sorted.

By *arialoueWoman  over a year ago

bradford

I've just come to the decision that if I do what I need to keep myself n my friends n family safe, if I still catch some version of covid least I know I did everything I could to prevent it

Tin town

What's significant about Jan 20?why pick a midwinter date,near the peak of a wave? Why not make your comparison to this time last summer? Or on the up curve at the start of a wave? Doesn't make much sense to compare a summer date to a winter one.

Your right it dosn't. But neither does comparing against no vaccine at all against a variant that didn't exist at the time. We have vaccines now, and the stat's clearly show they are working. Unless you are saying we are back to 1800+ deaths a day and our hospitals are ful of covid patients ? An d the NHS and government are lying to us ?"

Again you use the 1800 deaths a day figure from the winter last year. . Let's see where we are in jan/winter next year. Hopefully not at 1800 deaths a day but it would not surprise me in the slightest if it was. And they will certainly be a lot higher than they are now. Yes I believe the govt and media absolutely are over stating the effectiveness of the vaccines in the current delta wave.

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

"Previous infection gives 99% protection against re-infection. I'm sorted."

And do you know how long it stays at 99% ?

The Government lying to us about the Stats - surely not….

By *lub coupleCouple  over a year ago

Halifax

Get a grip

Let’s track back to the previous government messages on the jab

Protect the over 60

Protect those with underlying health conditions

Protect key/front line workers

Now we all need to be vaccinated, health passports are on their way, you will have no freedom of choice & your immune system is obviously not capable of fighting any current or new virus

Am sure a new variant or something else will see further Lockdowns in the months ahead

Doing my Facking head in

But what I see from gov / ons numbers is that infections, hospital admissions, ventilations and deaths increasing. the number who are vaccinated increasing, number who have natural immune responses increasing ... So go figure. I'm jabbed but not convinced by a very long way that the vaxes are as effective as we are told each day everyday. Think we are in for a tough winter and there's a way to go to understand this problem. "

Very true,I mean we're told that if we have the vaccine,covid will be less severe,but how do we know that,we just take the government's word for it.

At the end of the day people who are vaccinated will never know if they would have been worse or not if they caught covid,and people who aren't vaccinated will never know if they would have been better than they were when catching covid.

I know people who have been hospitalised with covid and they vaccinated,then I know people who haven't had the vaccine,and we're poorly in bed for 3 days then ok,so it must be down to individuals immune system regardless whether they've had the vaccine or not.

We just don't know what to believe anymore.

» Add a new message to this topic