FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Countries impossing validity time limits on Vaccine Certificates

Countries impossing validity time limits on Vaccine Certificates

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *exleyboy OP   Man  over a year ago

Erith

I have just read in the foreign press ie Latvian and German press that some countries are imposing vaccine certificate time limits.

Austria and Croatia will only accept them for 270 days from 14 days after the last jab.

Denmark for 12 months from 14 days after last jab.

Estonia and Switzerland 365 days from 14 days after the last jab.

No doubt there will be more countries following suit.

Also in some European countries you have to show your certificate to enter shops, clubs, etc if not you join a queue has they are limiting non vaccinated people in the shops etc in a bid to get people to take the vaccine.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

So a year after our second jab we won't be allowed to visit Austria, Croatia, Denmark, Estonia or Sweden ?

By *anky_PankyWoman  over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

"So a year after our second jab we won't be allowed to visit Austria, Croatia, Denmark, Estonia or Sweden ?"

Not currently no, unless they start boosters.

They start boosters here in the USA soon.....

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Makes sense doesn't it? Your car mot expires after a year too? Your flu jab is a year or less..

Nobody knows the effective duration for any of the new vaccines, so once they've established what if any level of effective cover is provided they can adjust the expiry dates accordingly.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Yes it makes sense. Cruise ships are already saying you must accept any boosters offered as a condition of booking

By *iss SinWoman  over a year ago

portchester

I’m sure that the world has gone mad, this is madness. How many more hoops do you need to jump through and when will I be discriminated against as I can’t have the jabs?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Makes sense doesn't it? Your car mot expires after a year too? Your flu jab is a year or less..

Nobody knows the effective duration for any of the new vaccines, so once they've established what if any level of effective cover is provided they can adjust the expiry dates accordingly. "

Makes sense doesn’t it? Viewing the human body as a mere object that governments have to service, stamp and verify to allow you to stay on the road every 12 months?

I just hope they don’t go full MOT and order us to be scrapped if we ever get a defect or can’t be fixed

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Probably one day we will be able to buy a booster just like other vaccines that are required to travel to certain destinations.

Tin town

"Makes sense doesn't it? Your car mot expires after a year too? Your flu jab is a year or less..

Nobody knows the effective duration for any of the new vaccines, so once they've established what if any level of effective cover is provided they can adjust the expiry dates accordingly.

Makes sense doesn’t it? Viewing the human body as a mere object that governments have to service, stamp and verify to allow you to stay on the road every 12 months?

I just hope they don’t go full MOT and order us to be scrapped if we ever get a defect or can’t be fixed "

Like in logans run. When you take a step back... Yes it's a strange path we are on for now.

By *ackandtheunicornCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

Pharmaceutical companies going to love this. Sooo much money to be made from the fearmongering. Only a matter of time before you have to pay for the jab like the flu jab.

Anyone with any sense can see we shouldn't be vaccinating anyone not in the vulnerable category. But people love to be swept up in the fear of virus that affects a tiny minority of the population.

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

"Pharmaceutical companies going to love this. Sooo much money to be made from the fearmongering. Only a matter of time before you have to pay for the jab like the flu jab.

Anyone with any sense can see we shouldn't be vaccinating anyone not in the vulnerable category. But people love to be swept up in the fear of virus that affects a tiny minority of the population."

What percentage is that "tiny minority of the population"?

E

I just hope they don’t go full MOT and order us to be scrapped if we ever get a defect or can’t be fixed

Like in logans run. When you take a step back... Yes it's a strange path we are on for now. "

Exactly the film I was thinking of!

It’s fine we’ll all escape to the designated freedom zone before turning 60... where do you reckon it’ll be, Wales?

Tin town

Like in logans run. When you take a step back... Yes it's a strange path we are on for now.

Exactly the film I was thinking of!

It’s fine we’ll all escape to the designated freedom zone before turning 60... where do you reckon it’ll be, Wales? "

With my childhood crush jenny agutter please.

Tin town

"Pharmaceutical companies going to love this. Sooo much money to be made from the fearmongering. Only a matter of time before you have to pay for the jab like the flu jab.

Anyone with any sense can see we shouldn't be vaccinating anyone not in the vulnerable category. But people love to be swept up in the fear of virus that affects a tiny minority of the population.

E"

What is strange is the most vulnerable are now 6 months past their second jabs so are effectively the least protected heading into autumn. Hence boosters for them.

Anyone know if the boosters will be tweaked to be more effective against delta variants.?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"I’m sure that the world has gone mad, this is madness. How many more hoops do you need to jump through and when will I be discriminated against as I can’t have the jabs? "

Generally, people who have a medical exemption, are treated equitably to those who have had a treatment which they cannot. Your GP will explain the process, should it affect you.

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

I'm sure the spth (Spanish health form) had 8 months as maximum time from vaccination, as acceptable. It's not a new thing, more not widely published.

I guess it'll eventually standardise.

By *ackandtheunicornCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

E"

Depends if you believe the bs figures of "within 28 days of a covid test" or not.

Central

Anyone with any sense can see we shouldn't be vaccinating anyone not in the vulnerable category. But people love to be swept up in the fear of virus that affects a tiny minority of the population."

Thi'tiny minority' of the population that you talk about, could be those who stop others getting the medical treatments that they need, for other conditions.

As a responsible society, we should take all needs into account and also not expect that a vulnerable minority should have to be separated from the rest, whilst the virus floods that population. Currently hospitals are faced with great numbers of people who face more than double the risk of being hospitalised or losing their lives, because they aren't vaccinated.

The South

E

Depends if you believe the bs figures of "within 28 days of a covid test" or not. "

You said Covid only affects a "tiny minority of the population"

And the answer to my question is?

E

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

It’s not new and listed under each country’s requirements.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

The situation will evolve. I'm not concerned at the moment.

By *igNick1381Man  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

The reason I'm holding out on having the vaccine yet is the uncertainty about the long term efficacy of the vaccine and what booster's would be necessary, how often etc

It's weird that people haven't wanted to understand what they're signing up for before they sign up

No hard data yet, we'll see what they say and I can make an informed choice then

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

"The reason I'm holding out on having the vaccine yet is the uncertainty about the long term efficacy of the vaccine and what booster's would be necessary, how often etc

It's weird that people haven't wanted to understand what they're signing up for before they sign up

No hard data yet, we'll see what they say and I can make an informed choice then

"

You say: "It's weird that people haven't wanted to understand what they're signing up for before they sign up"

But if everyone was 'holding out' like you are doing, and not taking up the vaccine, then how would we get the 'hard data' about the long term efficacy of the vaccine which you seem to be concerned about?

You don't have to take the vaccine yet if you don't wish to, but what you've described above sounds like a chicken and egg scenario.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

I just hope they don’t go full MOT and order us to be scrapped if we ever get a defect or can’t be fixed "

Well those who are full on conspiracy believing antivaxers (not to be confused with those who are vaccine hesitant) certainly have a defect or two...

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

E

Depends if you believe the bs figures of "within 28 days of a covid test" or not. "

Hmmm I think I will place my belief in those with years of study in relevant sciences, not the ramblings of plebs who have seen too many bs facetube videos.

Central

"The reason I'm holding out on having the vaccine yet is the uncertainty about the long term efficacy of the vaccine and what booster's would be necessary, how often etc

"

With the infection numbers at the current level, we would be having hundreds or thousands of deaths each day, if people hadn't got vaccinated for the protection they give after a couple of weeks. That they give almost immediate protection but potentially not forever, is enough to have got us out of strict restrictions that we faced. We could have waited to see how many years our bodies produced immunity for, after infection and vaccines, or waited for future new vaccines that lasted even longer. But millions more people would have died. Other common vaccines don't have lifelong immunity results, it's common.

We had to take emergency measures and the results are phenomenal. That our bodies don't always produce eternal immunity can just be a factor of our bodies and not the agent that initiates an immune response. As the virus mutates, having supplementary adjustments may be better for us anyway, if longer term immunity needs to be nurtured..

It's right that it's your choice but you may as well have reasonable expectations.

By *eryBigGirlWoman  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

I really don’t understand why there is so much astonishment about this. For countless years there have been countries that don’t accept visitors without having had certain vaccinations such as Saudi Arabia requires meningitis vaccination proof, other countries yellow fever etc. I don’t see why it’s such a big thing for covid given the millions of people worldwide that have died from it!

I think theres bigger things at work here...vaccine covid passports,is this not simply stealth I.d cards?

They talked about it for years,but majority were against it,so with the emergence of covid,an opportunity has arose.

The big alliance...government,pharma and tech giants.....they all make great profits from all of this....business is going to be good.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

"I really don’t understand why there is so much astonishment about this. For countless years there have been countries that don’t accept visitors without having had certain vaccinations such as Saudi Arabia requires meningitis vaccination proof, other countries yellow fever etc. I don’t see why it’s such a big thing for covid given the millions of people worldwide that have died from it!"

Exactly. If there is a requirement to have a 'vaccine passport' then they might as well make sure it actually giving some sort of protection, with effectiveness waning, a vaccination within a certain time period would be needed or the vaccine proof would be useless anyway.

By *ustSomeDarkieMan  over a year ago

Tangier, Morocco

"I’m sure that the world has gone mad, this is madness. How many more hoops do you need to jump through and when will I be discriminated against as I can’t have the jabs? "

Here here. People are not inanimate objects.

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Glad I’m staying in Wales

Central

"I really don’t understand why there is so much astonishment about this. For countless years there have been countries that don’t accept visitors without having had certain vaccinations such as Saudi Arabia requires meningitis vaccination proof, other countries yellow fever etc. I don’t see why it’s such a big thing for covid given the millions of people worldwide that have died from it!"

It's not a new concept but it's the latest thing that conspiracy theorists, the complainers and others have jumped on to, despite us all benefitting from the relatively much bigger freedoms that vaccines have given us so quickly. Infection levels are 26 times higher than a year ago but deaths are way down. They'd complain if deaths were 26 times higher too. Without a doubt, the vaccines have given some of the world incredible advances, compared to the pandemics of the past. I'm assuming that nobody would have wanted this to have progressed like those did. Perhaps some would.

The world is very unequal and those of us in the UK are extremely fortunate. I don't hear demands from them to go to visit countries that have no vaccines . That some places want to help to protect their citizens and their recovery, by extending the time honoured system of requiring up to date vaccine proof, is the right thing to continue doing. We've all lived with those systems since we were born and the complainers have been silent. Nothing new here.

London

This ^^^

Tin town

"I really don’t understand why there is so much astonishment about this. For countless years there have been countries that don’t accept visitors without having had certain vaccinations such as Saudi Arabia requires meningitis vaccination proof, other countries yellow fever etc. I don’t see why it’s such a big thing for covid given the millions of people worldwide that have died from it!

This ^^^ "

Meh,....Not in the scheme of most UK peoples travel.. By far the majority are going to places that don't require yellow fever jabs and most are not travelling to Saudi Arabia. Countries That Require Proof of Yellow Fever Vaccination For All Arriving Travellers:

Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Republic of the Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, French Guiana, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Rwanda, São Tomé and Príncipe, Sierra Leone, Togo

So it's a change that for most peoples travel from UK a proof of vax is required. Not saying its a catastrophe... Just saying I can understand the gripe. People don't like change... And for most people who are travelling, this will be a change because they have not travelled to yellow fever or Saudi.

Maybe having borders to stop spread of infections is a good thing? Who knows?

"I have just read in the foreign press ie Latvian and German press that some countries are imposing vaccine certificate time limits.

Austria and Croatia will only accept them for 270 days from 14 days after the last jab.

Also in some European countries you have to show your certificate to enter shops, clubs, etc if not you join a queue has they are limiting non vaccinated people in the shops etc in a bid to get people to take the vaccine."

thats disgusting and against Human rights

The South

"I have just read in the foreign press ie Latvian and German press that some countries are imposing vaccine certificate time limits.

Also in some European countries you have to show your certificate to enter shops, clubs, etc if not you join a queue has they are limiting non vaccinated people in the shops etc in a bid to get people to take the vaccine.

thats disgusting and against Human rights"

It's neither disgusting or a violation of any human rights.

E

London

"I really don’t understand why there is so much astonishment about this. For countless years there have been countries that don’t accept visitors without having had certain vaccinations such as Saudi Arabia requires meningitis vaccination proof, other countries yellow fever etc. I don’t see why it’s such a big thing for covid given the millions of people worldwide that have died from it!

This ^^^

Meh,....Not in the scheme of most UK peoples travel.. By far the majority are going to places that don't require yellow fever jabs and most are not travelling to Saudi Arabia. Countries That Require Proof of Yellow Fever Vaccination For All Arriving Travellers:

Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Republic of the Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, French Guiana, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Rwanda, São Tomé and Príncipe, Sierra Leone, Togo

So it's a change that for most peoples travel from UK a proof of vax is required. Not saying its a catastrophe... Just saying I can understand the gripe. People don't like change... And for most people who are travelling, this will be a change because they have not travelled to yellow fever or Saudi.

Maybe having borders to stop spread of infections is a good thing? Who knows? "

“….. Maybe having borders to stop spread of infections is a good thing…….”

———————————

Borders to stop the spread of infections ?

Sounds like a suggestion from Trump. Let’s build a wall.

Central

This ^^^

———————————

Sounds like a suggestion from Trump. Let’s build a wall. "

The borders already exist, with states determining how they protect their citizens. Nothing new, with vaccine and health conditions being established facets of international travel.

London

This ^^^

———————————

The borders already exist, with states determining how they protect their citizens. Nothing new, with vaccine and health conditions being established facets of international travel. "

Indeed the borders already exist…. which is why I’m asking why we need new borders

Central

This ^^^

———————————

The borders already exist, with states determining how they protect their citizens. Nothing new, with vaccine and health conditions being established facets of international travel.

Indeed the borders already exist…. which is why I’m asking why we need new borders "

Sponsorship from map manufacturers?

» Add a new message to this topic