FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > What

What

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

This vaccine bullshit is getting out of hand. Now men and women have to be fully vaccinated to meet each other on here. Some profiles do say that.

If you have had vaccines and these vaccines actually do work. If you meet someone who hasn't had there vaccines.

How are you going to catch it?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"This vaccine bullshit is getting out of hand. Now men and women have to be fully vaccinated to meet each other on here. Some profiles do say that.

If you have had vaccines and these vaccines actually do work. If you meet someone who hasn't had there vaccines.

How are you going to catch it?"

No vaccine is 100% effective and doesn't prevent you catching a disease.

A vaccine teaches your body how ti fight the virus, resulting in a reduced impact for most.

By * Sophie xTV/TS  over a year ago

Derby

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions based on the facts at hand.

If you want to interpret them to suit yourself and don't think the thoughts of other people count towards you meeting them then you're clearly not suited to meet.

Simple

Scunthorpe

[Removed by poster at 29/08/21 14:19:18]

Scunthorpe

I also have no problem with people having preferences. Whether that is for potential meets to be vaccinated, ginger or over 5ft tall.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"This vaccine bullshit is getting out of hand. Now men and women have to be fully vaccinated to meet each other on here. Some profiles do say that.

Quite easily.

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

People who have been fully vaccinated are still catching the virus

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've been turned down for a meet because I've been double jabbed.

Works both ways

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinions based on the facts at hand.

If you want to interpret them to suit yourself and don't think the thoughts of other people count towards you meeting them then you're clearly not suited to meet.

Simple "

Our adventure our choices.

Tony

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

It's not the law just their preference. What's wrong with that?

By *onb21Woman  over a year ago

Cardiff

Do you do your lateral flow tests regularly, OP? Perhaps that would persuade them.

Hold the phone someone has a different opinion to you, madness I tells her, madness

STOKE ON TRENT

The vaccine is no bull

Neither is the virus

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"People who have been fully vaccinated are still catching the virus "

I was double jabbed in May, but still wear ma mask when I go into a shop. Awaiting news about a booster jab though?

By *rufflesCouple  over a year ago

manchester

"I've been turned down for a meet because I've been double jabbed.

Works both ways"

"You have been turned down for a meet because you have been double jabbed"

How does that work then????

STOKE ON TRENT

"People who have been fully vaccinated are still catching the virus

I was double jabbed in May, but still wear ma mask when I go into a shop. Awaiting news about a booster jab though? "

The virus is on the up

Wear your mask wash your hands

STOKE ON TRENT

Works both ways"

By *iBBWLondonWoman  over a year ago

London

Works both ways

"You have been turned down for a meet because you have been double jabbed"

How does that work then???? "

Anti-vaxxers.

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

"People who have been fully vaccinated are still catching the virus

I was double jabbed in May, but still wear ma mask when I go into a shop. Awaiting news about a booster jab though?

The virus is on the up

Wear your mask wash your hands"

This and don't take unnecessary risks still.

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

"I also have no problem with people having preferences. Whether that is for potential meets to be vaccinated, ginger or over 5ft tall."

I'm ginger. Regardless if someone I meet is also ginger or not there is still a strong possibility of them being gingered.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"The virus is on the up

This and don't take unnecessary risks still. "

Like nearly full stadiums at football grounds, and pubs where it is necessary to queue at the bar rather than have table service?

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

"The virus is on the up

Like nearly full stadiums at football grounds, and pubs where it is necessary to queue at the bar rather than have table service? "

Yep, we all manage our own risk though.

I'm v cautious because I work with some very vulnerable people, but I'm tested 3 times a week at work also.

Still do the masks when I'm out and about.

STOKE ON TRENT

"The virus is on the up

Like nearly full stadiums at football grounds, and pubs where it is necessary to queue at the bar rather than have table service? "

Full stadiums no wonder its spreading

Ever one is different. Never said they wasn't

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Personal preference, OP.

Some people prefer to meet local people, some people prefer to meet tall people, some people prefer to meet vaccinated people.

Personal preference is sacrosanct for deciding who you want to have sex with.

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

The vaccine isn't bullshit.

There's no law, no rule, that says anyone has to be vaccinated in order to meet anyone.

A vaccination doesn't mean people are 100% protected from whatever they're vaccinated against.

Preferences. Simple.

E

By *traight_no_iceMan  over a year ago

Stoke

The vaccine is 95% effective.

Can still catch covid even if one is double vaccinated.

It is reasonable if vaccinated people want to be careful. This is why many did the vaccine in the first place. Because they are careful.

Like some who are against the vaccines or the mandatory vaccination: Their lives, their bodies.

It works exactly the same way for the vaccinated who chose to meet other vaccinated people.

They are just being careful amd want to be , as much as this is possible, in control of their lifves and their bodies.

Why are people so bothered about people they aren't compatible with and what they are asking for?!?

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

If you have to ask that where have you been for months on end?

By *rufinWoman  over a year ago

notts

"The vaccine is 95% effective.

It is reasonable if vaccinated people want to be careful. This is why many did the vaccine in the first place. Because they are careful.

Like some who are against the vaccines or the mandatory vaccination: Their lives, their bodies.

It works exactly the same way for the vaccinated who chose to meet other vaccinated people.

They are just being careful amd want to be , as much as this is possible, in control of their lifves and their bodies."

The vaccine is not 95% effective

Current estimates are 65-70% last time I checked

Having had covid is a much better guarantee - 99% effective against re-infection

Those who are scared of catching it would be better only meeting those who had a previous infection

I take it you aren't vaccinated then OP...

It's all down to choices really..

It's up each individual/couple to set their vaccine requirements...we should all respect each others choices.

Myself personally I am not checking vaccine status of anyone and I have not been asked mine either.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

Works both ways"

i find the anti vaxxers and the vaccine gestapo are just as bad as one another,im double jabbed but dont mind meeting the vaxed or un vaxed but blocked loads who try to push there ideology onto others whatever side of the fence there on

Stoke

They are just being careful amd want to be , as much as this is possible, in control of their lifves and their bodies.

Having had covid is a much better guarantee - 99% effective against re-infection

Those who are scared of catching it would be better only meeting those who had a previous infection"

My understanding is that the vaccine was 95% effective against the previous variants including the Kent variant.

The vaccine is still highly effective 95% in protecting people from getting seriously sick. It is offers much less protection from catching the delta variant (65-70% like you said) but still offers very high protection against ending in the hospital in a serious state.

Of course the 95% does not apply for certain people who are immunocompromised etc, but for most people the vaccine offers the best protection.

I can’t risk it staying unvaccinated, catching covid and hope it will be mild so that I can achieve natural immunity.

Besides, there have been cases of people who got mild covid, thought that they had natural immunity after that, chose not to get vaccinated and got covid again and ended up intubated in the ICU. A very recent example: https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/unvaccinated-fitness-coach-caught-covid-twice_uk_61277b42e4b02be25b58d20f

notts

Those who are scared of catching it would be better only meeting those who had a previous infection

My understanding is that the vaccine was 95% effective against the previous variants including the Kent variant.

The vaccine is still highly effective 95% in protecting people from getting seriously sick. It is offers much less protection from catching the delta variant (65-70% like you said) but still offers very high protection against ending in the hospital in a serious state.

Of course the 95% does not apply for certain people who are immunocompromised etc, but for most people the vaccine offers the best protection.

I can’t risk it staying unvaccinated, catching covid and hope it will be mild so that I can achieve natural immunity.

Besides, there have been cases of people who got mild covid, thought that they had natural immunity after that, chose not to get vaccinated and got covid again and ended up intubated in the ICU. A very recent example: https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/unvaccinated-fitness-coach-caught-covid-twice_uk_61277b42e4b02be25b58d20f

"

I'm a fan on vaccines in the vulnerable (it's a big category!) but my personal bet is on natural immunity being better and longer lasting. The stats so far support that - latest studies are a 1% re-infection rate (so there will always be examples, as per your link, but 1% is much smaller than 35% - the rate after double vaccine but no infection. ) It's why I don't currently support vaccinating under 16s. We get better protection via their natural infection, which comes at tiny risk to them, smaller than the risk of heart inflammation from the vax for example

Seriously though, anyone who is very worried about catching covid is much better off only meeting someone who has recovered from covid rather than specifying double vaxxed

makes me wonder to m8 i refused the jab as didnt want play russian roulett

Stoke

I'm a fan on vaccines in the vulnerable (it's a big category!) but my personal bet is on natural immunity being better and longer lasting. The stats so far support that - latest studies are a 1% re-infection rate (so there will always be examples, as per your link, but 1% is much smaller than 35% - the rate after double vaccine but no infection. ) It's why I don't currently support vaccinating under 16s. We get better protection via their natural infection, which comes at tiny risk to them, smaller than the risk of heart inflammation from the vax for example

Seriously though, anyone who is very worried about catching covid is much better off only meeting someone who has recovered from covid rather than specifying double vaxxed"

Possibly. But then again with what you say it would be a safer bet with someone who has recovered from the Delta variant covid.

notts

Perhaps. The stats on 99% effectiveness are of other covid versions vs risk of catching delta. Presumably it's even lower for thise who've had delta, but it's only been in the UK for a few months so not many people to choose from

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Perhaps saying will only meet vaccinated is a simple and practical way of avoiding nasty disagreement when it comes to talking? I cannot imagine any universe where antivaxxer + vaxxer is going to result in good sex.

I will stand by now to be told that personal views should be nothing to do with shagging...

By *azylivingMan  over a year ago

swansea / Bristol

"I also have no problem with people having preferences. Whether that is for potential meets to be vaccinated, ginger or over 5ft tall."

Are you having a dig at us gingers?

It’s not our fault we don’t have souls!

The South

makes me wonder to m8 i refused the jab as didnt want play russian roulett"

Not getting vaccinated is the very definition of playing Russiin roulette.

E

Covid, delta blah blah blah. It's just chemical war fare. Legal ethnic cleansing

The South

"Covid, delta blah blah blah. It's just chemical war fare. Legal ethnic cleansing "

How utterley ridiculous.

Apart from anything else, releasing an uncontrollable virus into the air is hardly the best way to "ethnically cleanse".

E

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

A vacation only reduce the impact so the immune system is able to kick in so if a person hasn't been vaccinated would be at risk it's like committing man slaughter in a complex way acting without any consideration (careless)

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

The way I see it is the vaccine is better for personal protection (I.e person vaccinated is less likely to be seriously Ill from covid) and testing is better for group protection (less likely to spread it around) as even double jabbed can still catch or spread.

I choose not to meet unvaccinated. My body. My choice. If I have taken the trouble to keep myself snd my family safe why should I meet someone who doesn't really care.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

If you don’t understand there is no point I am sorry but I do not have enough crayons to explain it to you.

Sorry the education system let you down.

teleford

And for those who have at least half an education... if a vaccine gives 70% protection to a person and they meet another person also with 70% protection then the risk of catching the virus is far less than meeting with someone who has 0% protection... of course the more close contacts you have the more you roll the dice.

teleford

"Covid, delta blah blah blah. It's just chemical war fare. Legal ethnic cleansing "

Foetal alcohol syndrome is my guess!

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

Yawn

You can still get Covid after vaccine, the vaccine just prevents terminal Covid effects. Of course many will only meet vaccinated peeps. You can't travel to many places without it or go to concerts etc...It's not unreasonable at all OP. Many value their health.

"Covid, delta blah blah blah. It's just chemical war fare. Legal ethnic cleansing

How utterley ridiculous.

Apart from anything else, releasing an uncontrollable virus into the air is hardly the best way to "ethnically cleanse".

E"

Isn't it. It's the best way. Don't we breathe in air

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

What

Personal preferences are all, in Fab. Most people are never compatible with most other people. If some use vaccination status as a filter, that of course is entirely their prerogative to do so. Find others or take hints about what some people expect.

People have responsibilities for others, including vulnerable people. This may be caring for relatives, via work or just a general moral compass, helping to get the country back to health and prosperity.

The full details of the levels of protection of each of the vaccines is freely available. It's great to learn just how much freedom you now have because of people investing time in to taking them. It's truly amazing what you have gained from other people taking their wise decision to protect wellbeing.

Skip on to the thousands of others here, when you don't match their expectations.

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

Statements like what you’ve said above, might explain why some people say they will only meet vaccinated.

If you turn up to see a vaccinated person who believes that the virus is real, and has taken the step to protect themselves by having the vaccine; and then you make statements like the above —— it is likely to put them off the meet.

So when some say they would only meet vaccinated, it could probably just mean hat they’d rather have likeminded people around them just to avoid any hiccups during the meet.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Ethnic cleansing involves one ethnic group killing off another ethnic group. Releasing a virus that kills all types of human beings would only be ethnic cleansing if it was done by some other species. Of course it might be that bats are in fact highly intelligent, decided that "it's time we got our own back on those bloody humans" and deliberately infected themselves with the "human-cleanser"...

Scunthorpe

"Covid, delta blah blah blah. It's just chemical war fare. Legal ethnic cleansing

Ethnic cleansing involves one ethnic group killing off another ethnic group. Releasing a virus that kills all types of human beings would only be ethnic cleansing if it was done by some other species. Of course it might be that bats are in fact highly intelligent, decided that "it's time we got our own back on those bloody humans" and deliberately infected themselves with the "human-cleanser"..."

That last bit made me laugh far more than it probably should

Ethnic cleansing involves one ethnic group killing off another ethnic group. Releasing a virus that kills all types of human beings would only be ethnic cleansing if it was done by some other species. Of course it might be that bats are in fact highly intelligent, decided that "it's time we got our own back on those bloody humans" and deliberately infected themselves with the "human-cleanser"...

That last bit made me laugh far more than it probably should "

Me too.

Very clever

Re the op - I wouldn't even know where to start

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

They are just being careful amd want to be , as much as this is possible, in control of their lifves and their bodies."

Totally agree with this. You cannot be pro-choice if you don’t respect people’s choices!

The irony is that it appears that original hopes that the vaccines also reduce the spread may now not be true. The reason this is extra worrying is that there are (double) vaxxed people walking around thinking they are invincible and not remotely a threat to others and completely throwing caution to the wind.

So if this does turn out to be the case (let’s hope not) then in THIS case double vaxxed people insisting on only meeting double vaxxed people may turn out to be only marginally safer at best.

The South

How utterley ridiculous.

E Isn't it. It's the best way. Don't we breathe in air"

Yes, we all breathe air. Every human being on the planet.

Which is exactly why an "airborne" virus is exactly the wrong tool for ethnic cleansing.

E

The South

Ethnic cleansing involves one ethnic group killing off another ethnic group. Releasing a virus that kills all types of human beings would only be ethnic cleansing if it was done by some other species. Of course it might be that bats are in fact highly intelligent, decided that "it's time we got our own back on those bloody humans" and deliberately infected themselves with the "human-cleanser"..."

Perhaps the bats getting revenge on Ozzy Osborne.

Seems like a scattergun approach way to whacking one person....

E

You don’t have to be vaccinated to meet people off here, it's just some people's personal preference.

Like someone saying safe sex only or will not meet men ect...

By * F 2018Couple  over a year ago

shropshire

I choose not to meet unvaccinated. My body. My choice. If I have taken the trouble to keep myself snd my family safe why should I meet someone who doesn't really care. "

There's no law, no rule, that says anyone has to be vaccinated in order to meet anyone.

A vaccination doesn't mean people are 100% protected from whatever they're vaccinated against.

Preferences. Simple.

E"

I was always under the assumption a vaccine stopped things in they tracks,as many have,so should this be really called a vaccine if it's not stopping the virus in its tracks.

Manchester (she/her)

Preferences. Simple.

E

I was always under the assumption a vaccine stopped things in they tracks,as many have,so should this be really called a vaccine if it's not stopping the virus in its tracks."

Your assumption is incorrect. The overwhelming majority of vaccines for anything do not cause sterilising immunity, they only reduce symptoms and transmission.

Damn useless things, only saving hundreds of millions of lives

Preferences. Simple.

E

I was always under the assumption a vaccine stopped things in they tracks,as many have,so should this be really called a vaccine if it's not stopping the virus in its tracks.

Your assumption is incorrect. The overwhelming majority of vaccines for anything do not cause sterilising immunity, they only reduce symptoms and transmission.

Damn useless things, only saving hundreds of millions of lives "

Haha,I never said they were useless things did I?

Well,you've educated me in that,I did not know about the sterilising immunity,but it explains why it's still spreading like wild fire amongst the vaccinated.

Scunthorpe

Preferences. Simple.

E

I was always under the assumption a vaccine stopped things in they tracks,as many have,so should this be really called a vaccine if it's not stopping the virus in its tracks."

No vaccine is 100% effective and the Covid ones are much better than many.

I believe measles is something like 65-75% effective...will check.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"Some profiles do say that."

Always a shock horror on here that people have preferences and standards

Scunthorpe

Preferences. Simple.

E

No vaccine is 100% effective and the Covid ones are much better than many.

I believe measles is something like 65-75% effective...will check."

Nope...the % quoted is for the flu vaccine.

MMR is over 95% effective in most cases.

Stoke

Preferences. Simple.

E

Well,you've educated me in that,I did not know about the sterilising immunity,but it explains why it's still spreading like wild fire amongst the vaccinated.

"

If it is spreading like fire amongst the vaccinated, aren’t you concerned about how dangerous covid delta is for the unvaccinated?

Manchester (she/her)

Preferences. Simple.

E

"

I stand corrected.

I've had the measles mumps rubella not vaccine, the flu not vaccine, the tetanus not vaccine, etc.

And a Covid not vaccine.

All the not vaccines

Preferences. Simple.

E

If it is spreading like fire amongst the vaccinated, aren’t you concerned about how dangerous covid delta is for the unvaccinated?"

I think if your immune system is strong enough then unvaccinated,should be ok,I know 3 people who've had it,and they were poorly but they said they'd had worse bugs in the past.

I think it boils down to the individuals immune system,because some who've had the vaccine have been hospitalised, and some who haven't had the vaccine have been ok after a few days.

And people keep saying "if you catch covid,you'd be worse if you hadn't had the vaccine"....how do we know that?,the government are drilling that into people,but how will we ever know if that's the case,because people who vaccinated will never know and people who aren't vaccinated will never know,so how will someone ever know...who's to say it's not a psychological tactic to scare people into it.

The above statement about the 3 people I know just shows that.

I'm not an anti vaxxer either,I think vaccines are great things,we have a better way of life due to vaccines....but theres a lot of red flags about this one.

I understand people with health conditions getting the vaccine but when you've got decent health I don't get it.

Most people I know have got the vaccine because they worried they won't get abroad this year or next.

I bet if before the vaccine got released,the government stated that nobody can go abroad for 3 years...you would see the high numbers of vaccinated.

Preferences. Simple.

E

If it is spreading like fire amongst the vaccinated, aren’t you concerned about how dangerous covid delta is for the unvaccinated?

I think if your immune system is strong enough then unvaccinated,should be ok,I know 3 people who've had it,and they were poorly but they said they'd had worse bugs in the past.

I think it boils down to the individuals immune system,because some who've had the vaccine have been hospitalised, and some who haven't had the vaccine have been ok after a few days.

And people keep saying "if you catch covid,you'd be worse if you hadn't had the vaccine"....how do we know that?,the government are drilling that into people,but how will we ever know if that's the case,because people who vaccinated will never know and people who aren't vaccinated will never know,so how will someone ever know...who's to say it's not a psychological tactic to scare people into it.

I'm not an anti vaxxer either,I think vaccines are great things,we have a better way of life due to vaccines....but theres a lot of red flags about this one.

I understand people with health conditions getting the vaccine but when you've got decent health I don't get it.

Most people I know have got the vaccine because they worried they won't get abroad this year or next.

I bet if before the vaccine got released,the government stated that nobody can go abroad for 3 years...you would see the high numbers of vaccinated. "

Dwindle.

Stoke

Preferences. Simple.

E

I bet if before the vaccine got released,the government stated that nobody can go abroad for 3 years...you would see the high numbers of vaccinated. "

Thank you for your answer. I dont have any close contact who got really sick. My 85 year old mother who has a fragile health but is double vaccinated caught covid, got hospitalised but got away with relatively mild symptoms. In her case the vaccine probably worked.

I did the vaccine without hesitation as I assesed the covid situation as serious.

From what I am reading though, there have been cases of people who thought like you and they relied on their supposedly strong immune system.

They were not that lucky. I believe it is the roll of the dice who will get it bad and who will not.

And even if there are people who believe that such cases are not true (because there are people who are questioning whether the reported by the maistream media cases are real) there have been lately a few well publicised cases of well known US conservative radio hosts who were very much against the covid vaccine and were making a mockery of covid and the measures. All 3 (Phil Valentine, Marc Bernier and Dick Farell) caught covid and unfortunately they passed away. So even well known right wing people who were against the government narrative and were not fazed by the psychological tactics lost their lives because they thought covid was not a big deal.

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

Would you crash your car just because you're wearing a seat belt

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Preferences. Simple.

E

Each vaccine is different, as is each disease - some of them are more prone to mutations, which can affect how infectious they are, potentially including how much virus particles are shed from an infected person. These mutations may also impact on disease severity, or how easily they may kill people.

There's also the issue of how many people may be infected. And if someone comes into contact with just a tiny amount of virus, their immune system may deal with it without them having a problem. If a lot of people are infected, it's easier for someone to come into contact with more virus particles - likewise if a person is shedding a lot of them and in close proximity to another for an extended period.

The difference between someone who is hardly affected and another who is heavily affected, may be the amounts of the virus that they encountered, as well as the strength of their immune systems.

The variants that accumulate from mutations that help the virus, may differ in their abilities of bypassing immunity that people have, whether they got immunity from the virus earlier or from a vaccine.

Currently there are 26 times the amount of people infected of a year ago. But deaths and serious illness levels are not at those levels . This is great news, as it's proof that the vaccines are stopping what would otherwise be the devastating levels of severe illness and deaths that we would have had.

We're still learning how good the vaccines are. As Swing has said, they are more effective than those that treat other potential infections, We are all doing so much better today, vaccinated and unvaccinated, thanks to the few vaccines that we already have in use

teleford

Preferences. Simple.

E

1) there isn’t 1 vaccine, there are several..

2) we have high numbers of vaccinated

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

I dont have this stipulation! I decide who I shall meet on their suitability! Would not even consider asking if they have been jabbed or not b 4 meet! If it comes up in general conversation then cool! And if someone asked b 4 meet if I have had the jabs as a condition to meet it would b a no thank u to a meet from me x

"I dont have this stipulation! I decide who I shall meet on their suitability! Would not even consider asking if they have been jabbed or not b 4 meet! If it comes up in general conversation then cool! And if someone asked b 4 meet if I have had the jabs as a condition to meet it would b a no thank u to a meet from me x"
That's good. Didn't realise until now this post by me was still getting comments. Bloody hell x

By *erriAnneTV/TS  over a year ago

The shire

Think you need to read up on how the vaccines work

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

Something else to bitch about I suppose

» Add a new message to this topic