FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Is it just me or is the virus around more than before?

Is it just me or is the virus around more than before?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

We supposed to have it more under control now but I'm hearing of people with it more than ever

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"We supposed to have it more under control now but I'm hearing of people with it more than ever "

I don't think anyone has said it's "more under control".

Yes, lots more around at the moment, but much fewer in hospital or worse.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

But far less people are being admitted to hospital with it

"We supposed to have it more under control now but I'm hearing of people with it more than ever "

That was always going to happen with restrictions being removed and a more virulent variant in the community. While the increase in younger people being hospitalised is worrying the fact the older end more vulnerable who have been vaccinated seem to be escaping the worst of it, for now, is encouraging.

What we cannot do is start to take the virus more lightly just because we’re not as bad as we were, there is always the potential for it to get much worse, forcing a return to restrictions.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I'm hearing of more people testing positive but very few people are showing symptoms or feeling ill.

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

I know of folk getting really quite ill but not being hospitalised/dying. So the vaccines are helping.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

It’s unavoidable now, it’s endemic, pretty much everyone will catch it and as our immune response doesn’t give 100% protection from either vaccine or infection, some will catch it again and again. Not just my opinion but that of members of the SAGE committee.

The vaccine efforts have at least given people’s immune systems a chance to prepare and has undoubtedly saved many lives and reduced hospitalisations but sadly not all will prevail against the disease.

"It’s unavoidable now, it’s endemic, pretty much everyone will catch it and as our immune response doesn’t give 100% protection from either vaccine or infection, some will catch it again and again. Not just my opinion but that of members of the SAGE committee.

The vaccine efforts have at least given people’s immune systems a chance to prepare and has undoubtedly saved many lives and reduced hospitalisations but sadly not all will prevail against the disease."

Fewer will die if we ensure we keep up efforts to protect people from it though, and that should be our priority.

By *evonshireboyMan  over a year ago

North Devon

Down here the infection rate is about five times higher than it was during the "peaks" the rest of the country had last year and in January.

Until about a month or two ago I didn't know anybody who had had it, but now I know quite a few. But none have been very ill - bad cold, flu...that sort of level of illness.

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

"It’s unavoidable now, it’s endemic, pretty much everyone will catch it and as our immune response doesn’t give 100% protection from either vaccine or infection, some will catch it again and again. Not just my opinion but that of members of the SAGE committee.

The vaccine efforts have at least given people’s immune systems a chance to prepare and has undoubtedly saved many lives and reduced hospitalisations but sadly not all will prevail against the disease.

Fewer will die if we ensure we keep up efforts to protect people from it though, and that should be our priority."

It's not though the government had focused on life back to normal.

Go to a night club on a Saturday night most are as busy as pre covid, towns of thousands now pack into football stadiums up and down the country, even swinging clubs have bounced back in force just check out the club section of fab. Many are as (if not more) busy compared with pre covid.

Getting vaccinated is really all that we have now in our defence.

KJ

Fewer will die if we ensure we keep up efforts to protect people from it though, and that should be our priority.

Go to a night club on a Saturday night most are as busy as pre covid, towns of thousands now pack into football stadiums up and down the country, even swinging clubs have bounced back in force just check out the club section of fab. Many are as (if not more) busy compared with pre covid.

KJ"

That doesn't mean we can't go back to some sort of restrictions however. Sadly a lot of people seem to have become blasé aboiut people dying from Covid, these do however tend to be the people who haven't had a loved one die from it.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Last week I read that infections are 26 times higher than a year ago - I've not checked the numbers but they are very high, at a point when more time outdoors, in less risky conditions for infection spread than winter, for example.

The growth in vaccination levels has helped to suppress severe illness and death, keeping more people out of hospital, as others state.

We do need to continue our focus on infection prevention, in the absence of any official restrictions - it's down to us now. There's no benefit from uncontrolled infection levels rising. Of concern is the high number of people who have had 1 jab but not their second, in the optimal time frame to develop their lower immunity levels to a higher, more effective level. Half a job doesn't give half the results.

Teesside

KJ

That doesn't mean we can't go back to some sort of restrictions however. Sadly a lot of people seem to have become blasé aboiut people dying from Covid, these do however tend to be the people who haven't had a loved one die from it."

I totally hear what your saying I lost a very good friend aged 28 last year to covid. In fact I knew a few people in the first wave have long hospital stays that were touch and go.

Fast forward to now and know far more people who have had covid in the last 2 months including our baby. Only 1 (my aunt) ended up in hospital and she was anti vaxx (not anymore).

I appreciate that the people I know is a very small sample but covid is rampant currently in my social and work circles like never before.

Every death is sad but whilst death rates continue to be on par with previous flu seasons (due to the vaccines) then I can't see any change of course from the goverment.

Another friend of mine again just under 30 has stage 4 cancer, it may have been caught earlier but for 6 months his GP refused to see him face to face and did telephone consultations and dishes out anti biotics, he is now completed chemotherapy and is living in Manchester in an NHS flat under going photontherapy. He like many people doesn't want to see another lock down again and if his time left is short then he wants to enjoy that time as much as possible.

Everyone I know is so jaded from the last 18 months they now see life as finally back to normal and covid something we have to learn to live with. Which is exactly what are goverment wants to happen.

KJ

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Fewer will die if we ensure we keep up efforts to protect people from it though, and that should be our priority."

To a point but there are practical, economic and psychological limits. The best way to protect someone from infection is to isolate them but isolation comes with a very high cost to both individuals well being and the economy. Lockdowns provides time but could not contain a virus of this nature. The next best measure is vaccination and booster shots, the point we are now at. Those with symptoms should continue to be tested and isolated. Beyond that we have a widespread endemic disease with both asymptomatic carriers and those in our free society who refuse to test and isolated what more can be done? We can not prevent people from exposure to the virus, at best we can only limit the frequency of exposure over our lifetimes.

Wait 2 weeks after the schools return...then you will see a huge rise in infections

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Regardless of societal attitudes or priorities, that's my individual priority. My life, my values, my choice.

My loneliness is less important than someone's life.

By *heNaturistCoupleCouple  over a year ago

crewe

"Wait 2 weeks after the schools return...then you will see a huge rise in infections "

I disagree, I think they may rise slightly but nothing much past current levels and as the professor from Anglia university said publishing cases now is utterly pointless and only causing harm and scare in the public.

"Wait 2 weeks after the schools return...then you will see a huge rise in infections

I disagree, I think they may rise slightly but nothing much past current levels and as the professor from Anglia university said publishing cases now is utterly pointless and only causing harm and scare in the public."

I disagree slightly..only because the schools won't be sending classes home if a child tests positive...just that child

crewe

"Wait 2 weeks after the schools return...then you will see a huge rise in infections

I disagree, I think they may rise slightly but nothing much past current levels and as the professor from Anglia university said publishing cases now is utterly pointless and only causing harm and scare in the public.

I disagree slightly..only because the schools won't be sending classes home if a child tests positive...just that child"

Standard 2019 WHO recommendations on epidemics.

Isolate the symptomatic.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Where did you hear it is more under control? But yes. More people seem to have it now than ever. Thankfully most seem mild and most are vaccinated. Wait till schools and unis go back and we can blame them some more for something.

Tin town

"Last week I read that infections are 26 times higher than a year ago - I've not checked the numbers but they are very high, at a point when more time outdoors, in less risky conditions for infection spread than winter, for example.

The growth in vaccination levels has helped to suppress severe illness and death, keeping more people out of hospital, as others state.

We do need to continue our focus on infection prevention, in the absence of any official restrictions - it's down to us now. There's no benefit from uncontrolled infection levels rising. Of concern is the high number of people who have had 1 jab but not their second, in the optimal time frame to develop their lower immunity levels to a higher, more effective level. Half a job doesn't give half the results. "

Do you think as well that for those who have had their second jabs "earlier" than the optimal 8 to 12 weeks between jabs, as a result of govt pressure to have it earlier... (presumably to use up spare capacity) that their reduced immunity will play out too?

Tin town

KJ

That doesn't mean we can't go back to some sort of restrictions however. Sadly a lot of people seem to have become blasé aboiut people dying from Covid, these do however tend to be the people who haven't had a loved one die from it.

I totally hear what your saying I lost a very good friend aged 28 last year to covid. In fact I knew a few people in the first wave have long hospital stays that were touch and go.

Fast forward to now and know far more people who have had covid in the last 2 months including our baby. Only 1 (my aunt) ended up in hospital and she was anti vaxx (not anymore).

I appreciate that the people I know is a very small sample but covid is rampant currently in my social and work circles like never before.

Every death is sad but whilst death rates continue to be on par with previous flu seasons (due to the vaccines) then I can't see any change of course from the goverment.

Another friend of mine again just under 30 has stage 4 cancer, it may have been caught earlier but for 6 months his GP refused to see him face to face and did telephone consultations and dishes out anti biotics, he is now completed chemotherapy and is living in Manchester in an NHS flat under going photontherapy. He like many people doesn't want to see another lock down again and if his time left is short then he wants to enjoy that time as much as possible.

Everyone I know is so jaded from the last 18 months they now see life as finally back to normal and covid something we have to learn to live with. Which is exactly what are goverment wants to happen.

KJ"

One things for sure. With schools and unis returning. The end of furlough. Football season back. Indoor living in winter. It isn't going to be getting better any time soon.the message of "avoid getting infected / stop the spread" has been superceded by party like its the last day on the planet because you've had a jab of supervaccine and are immune.

The vaccine stops the symptoms being sever and less lightly to need hospital treament, herd immunity comes after we have all caught it but not died.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

I disagree slightly..only because the schools won't be sending classes home if a child tests positive...just that child"

As what happened in June last term, every child/teacher in that class, year or school in our case took a daily test before going to school each morning.

crewe

"The vaccine stops the symptoms being sever and less lightly to need hospital treament, herd immunity comes after we have all caught it but not died. "

There probably won't be any herd immunity with covid just like there's no herd immunity with the three other Corona viruses out there.

We suspect we may get some background immunity individually meaning eventually you'll get less spread and less speed of spread.

By *rMrsRichCouple  over a year ago

Bournemouh

KJ

KJ"

Such an awfully sad story. A guy who worked for me went through similar. Sadly I attended his funeral in May. Heartbreaking. I do hope your friend gets everything they need x

By *enny PR9TV/TS  over a year ago

Southport

"The vaccine stops the symptoms being sever and less lightly to need hospital treament, herd immunity comes after we have all caught it but not died. "

We need the kids back at school and to stop testing to get this over with as fast as possible.

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Its spreading

crewe

KJ

KJ

Such an awfully sad story. A guy who worked for me went through similar. Sadly I attended his funeral in May. Heartbreaking. I do hope your friend gets everything they need x "

Sadly I suspect there's tens of or possibly hundreds of thousands more will succumb to affects of lockdown and restrictions.

Personally I've been to more cancer funerals this last year than I ever envisaged

By *rMrsRichCouple  over a year ago

Bournemouh

KJ

KJ

Such an awfully sad story. A guy who worked for me went through similar. Sadly I attended his funeral in May. Heartbreaking. I do hope your friend gets everything they need x

Sadly I suspect there's tens of or possibly hundreds of thousands more will succumb to affects of lockdown and restrictions.

Personally I've been to more cancer funerals this last year than I ever envisaged "

Four, gosh that is awful. I am very sorry to hear that. I think you’re right though, I think the fallout from lack of face to face gp appointments will go on for a while…

[Removed by poster at 01/09/21 15:45:11]

Tin town

KJ

KJ

Personally I've been to more cancer funerals this last year than I ever envisaged

Four, gosh that is awful. I am very sorry to hear that. I think you’re right though, I think the fallout from lack of face to face gp appointments will go on for a while… "

And still getting worse I imagine in some areas. Access to my GP services is borderline impossible. I don't get how some areas can have great access and service and others the polar opposite.

"And still getting worse I imagine in some areas. Access to my GP services is borderline impossible. I don't get how some areas can have great access and service and others the polar opposite. "

So e areas have massive issues with vacant GP posts, others don’t.

"And still getting worse I imagine in some areas. Access to my GP services is borderline impossible. I don't get how some areas can have great access and service and others the polar opposite.

So e areas have massive issues with vacant GP posts, others don’t."

Some have no issues with vacancies and are still refusing consultations. I know of a few practices that have CQC jumping on them at present.

Teesside

KJ

KJ

Such an awfully sad story. A guy who worked for me went through similar. Sadly I attended his funeral in May. Heartbreaking. I do hope your friend gets everything they need x "

Thank you fingers crossed!

I'm sorry to hear your friend passed. X

"We supposed to have it more under control now but I'm hearing of people with it more than ever

I don't think anyone has said it's "more under control".

Yes, lots more around at the moment, but much fewer in hospital or worse."

I said that. What would you say?

"Its spreading "

Like wild fire

By *revaunanceCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

And you're only just hearing this?

"We supposed to have it more under control now but I'm hearing of people with it more than ever

And you're only just hearing this?"

Slowly builded up since restrictions ended

Herd immunity is now not a possibility.

Herd immunity comes when an infected person recovers and can not contract the disease again.

The disease is now endemic to the species.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"The vaccine stops the symptoms being sever and less lightly to need hospital treament, herd immunity comes after we have all caught it but not died.

Herd immunity is now not a possibility.

Herd immunity comes when an infected person recovers and can not contract the disease again.

The disease is now endemic to the species."

This is not a surprise. We've known all along that this thing will mutate and variate just like flu does.

By *irtyold manMan  over a year ago

barnsley

At the moment the bigest driver of the virus is the double jabbed folks believing that they are imune and carnt get it.eaven the gov had had to admit you can be double jabbed and still get it and still pass it on.

This leads to the question if the jab dosent make you imune then whats the use is it just an imune system booster like ginseng and is it just to controle the populations minde and make them feel safe eaven when the public health statments now insist two jabs wont make you imune and wont stop you geting it or passing it on

Tin town

"At the moment the bigest driver of the virus is the double jabbed folks believing that they are imune and carnt get it.eaven the gov had had to admit you can be double jabbed and still get it and still pass it on.

This leads to the question if the jab dosent make you imune then whats the use is it just an imune system booster like ginseng and is it just to controle the populations minde and make them feel safe eaven when the public health statments now insist two jabs wont make you imune and wont stop you geting it or passing it on"

What you mean they aren't super vaccines that keep me completely safe from getting it or getting ill? So why is it that all we ever hear is how brilliant the vax is and how brilliant the rollout has been and how it's doing its job brilliantly and better than hoped for?

Perhaps the message ought to be... "It s a bit safer, but you still have to be careful... As you can still catch and spread it."

By *isexycouple5Couple  over a year ago

Looe

No, just you

» Add a new message to this topic