FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Children in isolation

Children in isolation

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ady Lick OP   Woman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

My daughter had a positive lft.

She had a pcr earlier and has to isolate until we get the results.

Does she literally have to stay in her room 24/7 apart from to go the loo.

This is our first experience of covid so this is a genuine 'help' question!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Depends if any of you are at risk of catching it and having complications, if you are happy to isolate with her then all over the house is fine, otherwise it is isolation, only you can make that call for your family

By *F65Man  over a year ago

Ventnor

Shit her in her room, lock the door and paint a red cross on your front door!

Oh wait no, just get on with life FFS!!!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If the worse was to happen could you live with the fact You locked her in stool for two weeks of would you rather spend this time with her?

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"My daughter had a positive lft.

This is our first experience of covid so this is a genuine 'help' question!"

I'd say yes. But the results don't take that long. Less than 24 hours in my experience

To be honest I would never expect my children to just stay in their room. As soon as someone in the house has it you have to isolate anyway.

I had covid in December and my boys and I didn't separate. We all isolated at home together. They didn't test but I assume they got it with me at the same time as displayed some of the symptoms.

Ordered a food shop, watched loads of movies and box sets and it was fine.

By *S2004Man  over a year ago

Bromsgrove

"Depends if any of you are at risk of catching it and having complications, if you are happy to isolate with her then all over the house is fine, otherwise it is isolation, only you can make that call for your family"

Clearly the most sensible and non judgemental advice. She can’t leave the house but if you are double jabbed you can. You may choose to all self isolate together of course.

Hope she (and you) feel well.x

I tested positive and I couldn't completely separate from my partner as we lived in an open plan one bedroom house.

We kept as physically distant as we could and I didn't share a bed with him I slept on the sofa, We kept as much distance as we could but still sat in the living Room to watch television together and cook together ect... we just upped the cleaning and handwashing.

"I tested positive and I couldn't completely separate from my partner as we lived in an open plan one bedroom house.

We kept as physically distant as we could and I didn't share a bed with him I slept on the sofa, We kept as much distance as we could but still sat in the living Room to watch television together and cook together ect... we just upped the cleaning and handwashing. "

I will add that he was in the extremely vulnerable group so where exceptionally worried but our thinking was we haven't been apart except for a medical appointment in weeks so the chances where if he was going to get it he would have already been exposed to it and im assuming thats the same with your house hold.

My son is 11 and getting room service on tap while he was free to go on his laptop seemed a pretty fine deal to him. Somehow we avoided anyone else in our family getting it.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I hope she feels better and no one else in the family falls ill.

By *asterandGenieCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

"Depends if any of you are at risk of catching it and having complications, if you are happy to isolate with her then all over the house is fine, otherwise it is isolation, only you can make that call for your family

Clearly the most sensible and non judgemental advice. She can’t leave the house but if you are double jabbed you can. You may choose to all self isolate together of course.

Hope she (and you) feel well.x"

Only if double jabbed with second jab 14 days ago otherwise you still have to self isolate

My stepson tested positive and immediately isolated in his room, apart from to use the loo and have a bath.

The reason was because his sister tested negative as did myself and doughnut, had one of us tested positive we would have isolated altogether, I had to test daily for work and tested step daughter every other day. We did it in the hope that no one else got it for the financial complications, if he was allowed to roam free and another person came down with it, we would have had to restart the 10 days.

He was absolutely fine (apart from when he spoke to his mother and he was lonley and depressed, which was odd because we kept in constant contact via Alexa, did facetime at dinner time and played online games together and he assured us he was having the time of his life lol)

Danish x

By *rindnbumpCouple  over a year ago

Our little world of Kinky Fuckery in Durham

"My daughter had a positive lft.

This is our first experience of covid so this is a genuine 'help' question!"

That is a decision that only you as a family can make. In our experience, hubby and son had it last October and although we isolated in our own home for 14 days we didn't do anything differently. I slept with hubby and cuddled my son because he was ill and needed it.

Me and our other child did not catch it, or if we did we had no symptoms. I have had an antibody test which has shown no antibodies.

Fingers crossed for your daughter.

One of our parents had a positive lft this week but PCR came back negative.

Take care of yourselves x

By *unkym34Man  over a year ago

London

"Shit her in her room, lock the door and paint a red cross on your front door!

Oh wait no, just get on with life FFS!!!"

I’m pretty certain no one should shit her in her room lol

By *unkym34Man  over a year ago

London

"My stepson tested positive and immediately isolated in his room, apart from to use the loo and have a bath.

The reason was because his sister tested negative as did myself and doughnut, had one of us tested positive we would have isolated altogether, I had to test daily for work and tested step daughter every other day. We did it in the hope that no one else got it for the financial complications, if he was allowed to roam free and another person came down with it, we would have had to restart the 10 days.

He was absolutely fine (apart from when he spoke to his mother and he was lonley and depressed, which was odd because we kept in constant contact via Alexa, did facetime at dinner time and played online games together and he assured us he was having the time of his life lol)

Danish x"

so until recently the rules where if a household member tests positive the household shout isolate for 10 days from the first positive test and then ten days from each ( if unlucky ) positive test after that. Sounds like you maybe did not follow the rules

Northampton Somewhere

Thanks everyone you've been most helpful. I have taken as much precautions as possible and I'll see what she wants to do tomorrow. I might even let her in the garden.

She had some curry for tea and couldn't taste it which was great as normally she wouldn't eat it!

Anyway I'm off to bleach the bathroom

"Thanks everyone you've been most helpful. I have taken as much precautions as possible and I'll see what she wants to do tomorrow. I might even let her in the garden.

She had some curry for tea and couldn't taste it which was great as normally she wouldn't eat it!

Anyway I'm off to bleach the bathroom "

I hope she isn't too bad and I hope the rest of you stay well.

I would say going out in the garden and spending time together there would be the best option because you are outdoors.

By *reya73Woman  over a year ago

Whitley Bay

Aw OP. Difficult times.

I think if you can be separate as much as possible and anyone else in the house do lf tests as you go.

I'm not sure how old your daughter is but isolating is dependent on emotional wellbeing and practicalities of care.

I had it recently and isolated in my room. My kids spent a few days fending for themselves and I upped cleaning. They did negative pcrs and went to their dads. That was a relief When I got very ill.. No way could I look after them.... So, you need to protect yourself as much as possible and at the same time take into account the set up of your family.

Food in her room. Clean toilet and bathroom after her use. Separate utensils and towels. Good hygiene and if you've had close contact, you need to be careful in case you also have it.

Best wishes and quick recoveries xxx

Northampton Somewhere

"Thanks everyone you've been most helpful. I have taken as much precautions as possible and I'll see what she wants to do tomorrow. I might even let her in the garden.

Anyway I'm off to bleach the bathroom

I hope she isn't too bad and I hope the rest of you stay well.

I would say going out in the garden and spending time together there would be the best option because you are outdoors. "

Thank you, yes garden tomorrow. She wants to see our dog. She's 15 and very sensible. She rang me earlier to make sure no one was upstairs so she could go to the bathroom. Separate towel. Toothbrush well away from everyone else's. Food in her room. Regular paracetamol. Cleaning sink, handles, light switch. Mask on in her room.

I'm making myself nervous.

Northampton Somewhere

"Aw OP. Difficult times.

I think if you can be separate as much as possible and anyone else in the house do lf tests as you go.

I'm not sure how old your daughter is but isolating is dependent on emotional wellbeing and practicalities of care.

I had it recently and isolated in my room. My kids spent a few days fending for themselves and I upped cleaning. They did negative pcrs and went to their dads. That was a relief When I got very ill.. No way could I look after them.... So, you need to protect yourself as much as possible and at the same time take into account the set up of your family.

Food in her room. Clean toilet and bathroom after her use. Separate utensils and towels. Good hygiene and if you've had close contact, you need to be careful in case you also have it.

"

Thank you, fingers and toes crossed. What do you mean by separate utensils? In the bathroom?

"Aw OP. Difficult times.

Thank you, fingers and toes crossed. What do you mean by separate utensils? In the bathroom?"

When serving food so for example use separate cutlery and mugs and make sure she has own set that aren't used by anybody else even after washing up.

Northampton Somewhere

"Aw OP. Difficult times.

Thank you, fingers and toes crossed. What do you mean by separate utensils? In the bathroom?

When serving food so for example use separate cutlery and mugs and make sure she has own set that aren't used by anybody else even after washing up. "

That's what I thought initially then read bathroom. She has her own glass and her cutlery is washed in the dish washer as normal. Is that ok?

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Each make their own call, but in my household they would be free to live around the house, but just the two of others with no other contact.

Northampton Somewhere

Her pcr was positive and I'm having one today.

Must say very impressed with the quick turn around.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I'd be supportive, if you can all manage adhering to the guidelines. It's probably going to be better to be all together or some with her.

Tin town

"Her pcr was positive and I'm having one today.

Must say very impressed with the quick turn around."

Good to hear something positive (no pun intended) for a change. There's an awful lot of it about. Now you get track and trace calling. Symptoms OK so far?

Northampton Somewhere

"Her pcr was positive and I'm having one today.

Must say very impressed with the quick turn around.

Good to hear something positive (no pun intended) for a change. There's an awful lot of it about. Now you get track and trace calling. Symptoms OK so far? "

Yes just more like a cold and no taste, which could work to my advantage (insert evil laugh)

"My stepson tested positive and immediately isolated in his room, apart from to use the loo and have a bath.

Danish x so until recently the rules where if a household member tests positive the household shout isolate for 10 days from the first positive test and then ten days from each ( if unlucky ) positive test after that. Sounds like you maybe did not follow the rules "

We did follow the rules we just sperated him from us to reduce the likelihood of extending the time we all had to isolate.

He went into isolation on the Friday the 13th, even when the rules were relaxed on the 16th we only left the house for absolute essentials, everything we could we had delivered.

Danish x so until recently the rules where if a household member tests positive the household shout isolate for 10 days from the first positive test and then ten days from each ( if unlucky ) positive test after that. Sounds like you maybe did not follow the rules "

Danish here, I can assure you we followed every single rule. I work in a care home so it was even more important all the rules were followed. I had a total of about 14 days isolation in the end and even during that period the rules changed, I still didn't go out, my work wouldn't allow me back either (which is fair, given the environment I work in) so we made sure we followed every single guideline.

Thanks, Danish x

Northampton Somewhere

Omg track and trace calls, texts, emails they are driving me around the bend!

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"Omg track and trace calls, texts, emails they are driving me around the bend! "

How is she x

And how are you

Xxx hope you both ok x

Northampton Somewhere

"Omg track and trace calls, texts, emails they are driving me around the bend!

How is she x

And how are you

Xxx hope you both ok x"

She is still sleeping atm! I'm dosing her up with paracetamol and providing a very good (if I say so myself) room service!

I'm ok, can't work this week and not eligible for the £500....typical.

Thank you for asking x

Tin town

How is she x

And how are you

Xxx hope you both ok x

She is still sleeping atm! I'm dosing her up with paracetamol and providing a very good (if I say so myself) room service!

Thank you for asking x"

Talking of room service can I get my lunch order in early please.?

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

How is she x

And how are you

Xxx hope you both ok x

Thank you for asking x"

Xxx

Northampton Somewhere

How is she x

And how are you

Xxx hope you both ok x

Thank you for asking x

Talking of room service can I get my lunch order in early please.? "

Yes of course, what would you like. I have some fresh soft rolls if you fancy

» Add a new message to this topic