FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > france suspend 3000 health workers

france suspend 3000 health workers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ostafun OP   Man  over a year ago

near ipswich

today France has started suspending health workers with no pay for not having their 1st covid jab.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

"today France has started suspending health workers with no pay for not having their 1st covid jab. "
wonder how long it will be before they have to take them back because there short staffed

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"today France has started suspending health workers with no pay for not having their 1st covid jab.

wonder how long it will be before they have to take them back because there short staffed"

By *exy_HornyCouple  over a year ago

Leigh

"today France has started suspending health workers with no pay for not having their 1st covid jab. "

Good, they gave them plenty of notice.

By *unkym34Man  over a year ago

London

I imagine all those people in any form of care that this impacts is not happy as their care would have just hugely diminished.

We should offer every one of them residency if they come here and work for our NHS for at least 5 years.

By *irth VaderMan  over a year ago

Kintore

Why don’t our government tell us which percentage of death were zero vaccine, one vaccine or both vaccines? You would think if the majority of deaths were people who hadn’t had any vaccines they would be shouting about it.

"Why don’t our government tell us which percentage of death were zero vaccine, one vaccine or both vaccines? You would think if the majority of deaths were people who hadn’t had any vaccines they would be shouting about it. "

That information is available on the government website. It has been publicised and the majority are unvaccinated.

London

"Why don’t our government tell us which percentage of death were zero vaccine, one vaccine or both vaccines? You would think if the majority of deaths were people who hadn’t had any vaccines they would be shouting about it.

That information is available on the government website. It has been publicised and the majority are unvaccinated."

is there a breakdown by age group for vaccinated and unvaccinated and also for the length of time they have been ill with covid? Is there also a break down for choose not to be vaccinated and can not be vaccinated?

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"Why don’t our government tell us which percentage of death were zero vaccine, one vaccine or both vaccines? You would think if the majority of deaths were people who hadn’t had any vaccines they would be shouting about it.

That information is available on the government website. It has been publicised and the majority are unvaccinated. is there a breakdown by age group for vaccinated and unvaccinated and also for the length of time they have been ill with covid? Is there also a break down for choose not to be vaccinated and can not be vaccinated? "

Yes, up until July is the latest data

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/articles/deathsinvolvingcovid19byvaccinationstatusengland/deathsoccurringbetween2januaryand2july2021#date-infected-relative-to-vaccination-for-covid-19-deaths

ive had to pull 2 members of staff in to tell them if they have not had there first jab by midnight tonight then dont bother coming back .... to be clear they are on 3 months starter probation but knew the rules when taken on i think they honestly belived that the rules would not apply to them

all other staff for all 5 homes are fully vacinated

"Why don’t our government tell us which percentage of death were zero vaccine, one vaccine or both vaccines? You would think if the majority of deaths were people who hadn’t had any vaccines they would be shouting about it. "

This is on the vaccine surveillance report.

From eyeballing death rates per 100k is c 5 times higher for unvacc v double vaxed.

Of course a lot more people are vaxed so most deaths are from vaccinated people.

this is why france is protesting, for shit like this. No pay? thats criminal and should be illegal. forcing people to take something they dont want? should also be illegal.

I hope those workers find themselves another job and the government realise how stupid they are being. this isnt just happening in france, this is happening all over.

"We should offer every one of them residency if they come here and work for our NHS for at least 5 years."

They couldn’t work in care in the UK because they have not had their first jab.

T

"We should offer every one of them residency if they come here and work for our NHS for at least 5 years.

T"

But there is no such rule in the NHS.

They are health workers, not care workers...

"ive had to pull 2 members of staff in to tell them if they have not had there first jab by midnight tonight then dont bother coming back .... to be clear they are on 3 months starter probation but knew the rules when taken on i think they honestly belived that the rules would not apply to them

"

Unless the 'self certify' a medical exemption that you, as the employer, are not legally entitled to corroborate.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"today France has started suspending health workers with no pay for not having their 1st covid jab.

this is why france is protesting, for shit like this. No pay? thats criminal and should be illegal. forcing people to take something they dont want? should also be illegal.

I hope those workers find themselves another job and the government realise how stupid they are being. this isnt just happening in france, this is happening all over. "

If you want to drive…. You get a license and pass a test

If you want to travel abroad… you get a passport and a visa

To voice of a minority should not take priority over the majority

It’s a loud vocal minority… but it’s still a minority

I hope those workers find themselves another job and the government realise how stupid they are being. this isnt just happening in france, this is happening all over.

It’s a loud vocal minority… but it’s still a minority "

that added no value to my comment whatsoever. what's getting a drivers licence or passport got to do with being fired with no pay?

They should be paid what they worked for and politely dismissed. Not sacked with no pay.

that added no value to my comment whatsoever. what's getting a drivers licence or passport got to do with being fired with no pay?

They should be paid what they worked for and politely dismissed. Not sacked with no pay.

"

they had all the notice that was legally requierd they had plenty of time to make a choice

i do laught it seems the same people who run to the dr's for a jab to go abroad yet protest over a jab that will give the elderly more of a fighting chance in life as well as those looking after them ..

"i do laught it seems the same people who run to the dr's for a jab to go abroad yet protest over a jab that will give the elderly more of a fighting chance in life as well as those looking after them .."
what difference does it make if jabbed or not you can still carry and pass it on so if the elderly aren't jabbed for some reason it doesn't matter if the person dealing with them is jabbed or not they will still catch it.

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

"i do laught it seems the same people who run to the dr's for a jab to go abroad yet protest over a jab that will give the elderly more of a fighting chance in life as well as those looking after them .. what difference does it make if jabbed or not you can still carry and pass it on so if the elderly aren't jabbed for some reason it doesn't matter if the person dealing with them is jabbed or not they will still catch it."

It reduces chance of transmission, it reduces chance of hospitalisation.

Obviously that’s useful to anyone, but you can probably see why it might be useful for healthcare workers to have a reduced chance of transmission and a reduced chance of hospitalisation if they do fall ill.

By *ellhungvweMan  over a year ago

Cheltenham

I hope those workers find themselves another job and the government realise how stupid they are being. this isnt just happening in france, this is happening all over. "

A medical worker has a duty of care to their patients. We expect people carrying out medical procedures to ensure they do not adversely impact their patients health. We expect medical people to wash their hands. We expect medical people to wear the right equipment. We expect medical people to be vaccinated where appropriate.

I understand some people might not like that but it is a basic requirement of the job. Your personal view is immaterial as a medical worker.

"We should offer every one of them residency if they come here and work for our NHS for at least 5 years.

T

But there is no such rule in the NHS.

They are health workers, not care workers..."

Ah many apologies I need my ears cleaning out.

T

By *issusWoman  over a year ago

Belfast

"i do laught it seems the same people who run to the dr's for a jab to go abroad yet protest over a jab that will give the elderly more of a fighting chance in life as well as those looking after them .."

If the elderly are double jabbed themselves what difference does it make if Susan had her jab or not? She can still carry and spread any diseases.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

A medical worker has a duty of care to their patients. We expect people carrying out medical procedures to ensure they do not adversely impact their patients health. We expect medical people to wash their hands. We expect medical people to wear the right equipment. We expect medical people to be vaccinated where appropriate.

I understand some people might not like that but it is a basic requirement of the job. Your personal view is immaterial as a medical worker."

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"i do laught it seems the same people who run to the dr's for a jab to go abroad yet protest over a jab that will give the elderly more of a fighting chance in life as well as those looking after them ..

If the elderly are double jabbed themselves what difference does it make if Susan had her jab or not? She can still carry and spread any diseases. "

Earlier this year studies pointed to vaccination reducing the risk of transmission by 50%. At population level such a reduction makes a significant difference in how rapidly disease spreads... it’s inevitable all all of us will Catch Covid at some point however it remains critical to do what we can to slow transmission and spread infections over time, especially to those in high risk groups. If we don't we will still risk seeing spikes that threaten to overwhelm ICU bed capacity and force gov to reintroduce emergency lockdown measures. I can’t stress this enough, vaccination policies for diseases of this nature are far more about protecting populations than the individual.

"i do laught it seems the same people who run to the dr's for a jab to go abroad yet protest over a jab that will give the elderly more of a fighting chance in life as well as those looking after them ..

If the elderly are double jabbed themselves what difference does it make if Susan had her jab or not? She can still carry and spread any diseases. "

yes your right but how it affects other and yourself is a far different outcome

"i do laught it seems the same people who run to the dr's for a jab to go abroad yet protest over a jab that will give the elderly more of a fighting chance in life as well as those looking after them .. what difference does it make if jabbed or not you can still carry and pass it on so if the elderly aren't jabbed for some reason it doesn't matter if the person dealing with them is jabbed or not they will still catch it.

It reduces chance of transmission, it reduces chance of hospitalisation.

Obviously that’s useful to anyone, but you can probably see why it might be useful for healthcare workers to have a reduced chance of transmission and a reduced chance of hospitalisation if they do fall ill."

definitely but not for those that they are treating so should it be mandatory for all care home residents to have the jab

I understand some people might not like that but it is a basic requirement of the job. Your personal view is immaterial as a medical worker."

but what about Mon medical staff or cleaners those that we were clapping praising early are now deemed evil anti vaxers they have no contact of care

I understand some people might not like that but it is a basic requirement of the job. Your personal view is immaterial as a medical worker. but what about Mon medical staff or cleaners those that we were clapping praising early are now deemed evil anti vaxers they have no contact of care"

Good question!!!

"

They have been paid for time worked. The just won't be paid anymore - which is precisely what you've said should have happened.

By *alfordLad77Man  over a year ago

Southport

"i do laught it seems the same people who run to the dr's for a jab to go abroad yet protest over a jab that will give the elderly more of a fighting chance in life as well as those looking after them .. what difference does it make if jabbed or not you can still carry and pass it on so if the elderly aren't jabbed for some reason it doesn't matter if the person dealing with them is jabbed or not they will still catch it."

*Bangs head against wall for umpteenth time*

I understand some people might not like that but it is a basic requirement of the job. Your personal view is immaterial as a medical worker. but what about Mon medical staff or cleaners those that we were clapping praising early are now deemed evil anti vaxers they have no contact of care

Good question!!! "

they work in the same environment so therfor same rules

Manchester (she/her)

I understand some people might not like that but it is a basic requirement of the job. Your personal view is immaterial as a medical worker. but what about Mon medical staff or cleaners those that we were clapping praising early are now deemed evil anti vaxers they have no contact of care

Good question!!!

they work in the same environment so therfor same rules"

I would have thought that this is how we manage to achieve "focused protection", per the GBD.

My local hospital, 80% of the current COVID admissions are people without either Jabs

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It depends whether issues are subject to more than 1 law. In the UK, the Conservatives passed a law to have care workers needing essential vaccinations. If they can't work due to it being illegal, that's probably going to trump other complaints.

It's a fairly standard requirement for employees to need to be vaccinated, whether for travel or due to caring for others.

It's sad that there have been malign influencers pushing people to doubt the virus and our tools to get our recovery strengthened.

By *issusWoman  over a year ago

Belfast

If the elderly are double jabbed themselves what difference does it make if Susan had her jab or not? She can still carry and spread any diseases.

yes your right but how it affects other and yourself is a far different outcome"

Explain please

By *ancy38Woman  over a year ago

galway

"ive had to pull 2 members of staff in to tell them if they have not had there first jab by midnight tonight then dont bother coming back .... to be clear they are on 3 months starter probation but knew the rules when taken on i think they honestly belived that the rules would not apply to them

"

I suspect you will end up in a legal mess soon over this and lose. I'm not saying it's right or wrong but legally they could take you to court for unfair dismissal.

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

I suspect you will end up in a legal mess soon over this and lose. I'm not saying it's right or wrong but legally they could take you to court for unfair dismissal. "

A lot of people are gonna be taking legal action .. lots of stuff going on behind the scenes .... disgusting the way this has been persued ... close to 40,000 will walk and health and social care will collapse the industry can’t recruit and fill 100,000 vacancies right now ... good luck to all those standing up against this

By *osweet69Couple  over a year ago

portsmouth

In england it is illegal it is called coercion. It will not be long before a case is brought against the goverment and so it should.Everyone has the right to say what is put in their body.

I suspect you will end up in a legal mess soon over this and lose. I'm not saying it's right or wrong but legally they could take you to court for unfair dismissal. "

how ?? they were on 3 month probation ? they signed forms to say they will get the vaccine inline with the law ?? how exactly are they going to take action ?

My local hospital, 80% of the current COVID admissions are people without either Jabs "

A neighbour of mine who refused to be jabbed is now in hospital critically ill with Covid.

My sister who has been jabbed caught Covid and likened it to being hit by a bus, she didn't have to go to hospital.

yes your right but how it affects other and yourself is a far different outcome

Explain please "

well its well know the vaccine protects you alot more than those who dont have it so the outcome is different ... not 100% but enought to make it a law in healthcare

Cheltenham

"this is why france is protesting, for shit like this. No pay? thats criminal and should be illegal. forcing people to take something they dont want? should also be illegal.

In england it is illegal it is called coercion. It will not be long before a case is brought against the goverment and so it should.Everyone has the right to say what is put in their body. "

I guess that depends on whether people have signed a contract that gives their employer the right to decide whether they should be vaccinated as part of the contract. I would imagine most NHS contracts have something to that effect and therefore, if you have signed it, you have waived your right to making that decision if you want to keep your job.

I assume these people read their employment contracts before they signed them?

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

"this is why france is protesting, for shit like this. No pay? thats criminal and should be illegal. forcing people to take something they dont want? should also be illegal.

In england it is illegal it is called coercion. It will not be long before a case is brought against the goverment and so it should.Everyone has the right to say what is put in their body. "

“……… Everyone has the right to say what is put in their body.….”

—————————

The same way the employer has the right to determine who they recruit, and who can stay on the job and who needs to leave.

If it’s a requirement of the job that you should be vaccinated, then the employer has right to request that you be vaccinated . If you don’t wish to have the vaccine, then find another job where vaccination is not requirement of employment.

Manchester (she/her)

I'm sure our new Lord Chancellor is very concerned with upholding human rights.

I suspect you will end up in a legal mess soon over this and lose. I'm not saying it's right or wrong but legally they could take you to court for unfair dismissal.

A lot of people are gonna be taking legal action .. lots of stuff going on behind the scenes .... disgusting the way this has been persued ... close to 40,000 will walk and health and social care will collapse the industry can’t recruit and fill 100,000 vacancies right now ... good luck to all those standing up against this "

the industry will not collapes it will do what it did 20 or 30 years ago it will gain a licence to recruit from aboard our company has done this once this year bringing 30 over and they are in the process of getting more...

care has always had a problem with recruitment nothing to do with the covid /jab at all the only thing covid has done is highlighted it again...

i dont know if we have been lucky or not but every single member of our staff are vaccinated and right from the begining ie last jan/feb ... the only ones who have a problem are the new recruits yet they sign paperwork before being taken on ....

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

In england it is illegal it is called coercion. It will not be long before a case is brought against the goverment and so it should.Everyone has the right to say what is put in their body.

I guess that depends on whether people have signed a contract that gives their employer the right to decide whether they should be vaccinated as part of the contract. I would imagine most NHS contracts have something to that effect and therefore, if you have signed it, you have waived your right to making that decision if you want to keep your job.

I assume these people read their employment contracts before they signed them?"

Any employer in the UK can make having the vaccine a condition of employment but changing an employment contract of a current employee isn't so easy. It is still pretty easy to end someone's employment in their first 2 years though.

portsmouth

—————————

The same way the employer has the right to determine who they recruit, and who can stay on the job and who needs to leave.

If it’s a requirement of the job that you should be vaccinated, then the employer has right to request that you be vaccinated . If you don’t wish to have the vaccine, then find another job where vaccination is not requirement of employment. "

The broad definition of coercion is "the use of express or implied threats of violence or reprisal (as discharge from employment) or other intimidating behavior that puts a person in immediate fear of the consequences in order to compel that person to act against his or her will."

Cheltenham

I assume these people read their employment contracts before they signed them?

Any employer in the UK can make having the vaccine a condition of employment but changing an employment contract of a current employee isn't so easy. It is still pretty easy to end someone's employment in their first 2 years though."

I would be very surprised if an NHS contract doesn’t have a catch all clause that allows the NHS to decide these types of things.

Manchester (she/her)

—————————

If it’s a requirement of the job that you should be vaccinated, then the employer has right to request that you be vaccinated . If you don’t wish to have the vaccine, then find another job where vaccination is not requirement of employment. The broad definition of coercion is "the use of express or implied threats of violence or reprisal (as discharge from employment) or other intimidating behavior that puts a person in immediate fear of the consequences in order to compel that person to act against his or her will." "

So... The law is coercion?

If I kill someone, I could go to prison. That's scary.

well said

Surely the no jab no job rule is going to lead to skills/staff shortages in certain areas? I know there are ways and means of filling the gap short term but long term is it practical? Some will, no doubt do what ever it takes to get a job so maybe it’ll all balance itself out….

By *ommenhimCouple  over a year ago

wigan

My local hospital, 80% of the current COVID admissions are people without either Jabs

A neighbour of mine who refused to be jabbed is now in hospital critically ill with Covid.

My sister who has been jabbed caught Covid and likened it to being hit by a bus, she didn't have to go to hospital."

Your sisters very unlucky

By *jorkishMan  over a year ago

Seaforth

Well said

London

—————————

If it’s a requirement of the job that you should be vaccinated, then the employer has right to request that you be vaccinated . If you don’t wish to have the vaccine, then find another job where vaccination is not requirement of employment. The broad definition of coercion is "the use of express or implied threats of violence or reprisal (as discharge from employment) or other intimidating behavior that puts a person in immediate fear of the consequences in order to compel that person to act against his or her will." "

“….. The broad definition of coercion….”

—————————-

That’s just a *broad definition* of coercion.

The real question is whether the action of the employer is deemed as coercion in the eyes of the Law. If the employee is in breach of the terms & conditions of their contract of employment, then he / she (the employee) has no legs to stand on.

By *FFB69Woman  over a year ago

Torfaen/Gwent

It's called "consequences of your choices". They're not being forced to do anything. Is having a dress code in an office "force"? No? Didn't think so.

If you want a job, you abide by the guidelines set out. If you don't want to do that, get another job. Simple.

You shouldn't be in healthcare if you don't believe in the science supporting your job.

Manchester (she/her)

It's called "consequences of your choices". They're not being forced to do anything. Is having a dress code in an office "force"? No? Didn't think so.

If you want a job, you abide by the guidelines set out. If you don't want to do that, get another job. Simple.

You shouldn't be in healthcare if you don't believe in the science supporting your job. "

Well said.

—————————

If it’s a requirement of the job that you should be vaccinated, then the employer has right to request that you be vaccinated . If you don’t wish to have the vaccine, then find another job where vaccination is not requirement of employment. "

and im sure alot will be leaving I agree with you about the contract where I don't agree is with the government or a employer being able to tell you must have something injected into your own body it's just going to bring avshit storm of trouble soon and im double jabbed just getting over catching it .

You shouldn't be in healthcare if you don't believe in the science supporting your job. "

im afraid most people don't care about there job it's just something we have to do to pay bills I understand some are passionate about it but more aren't .

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

and im sure alot will be leaving I agree with you about the contract where I don't agree is with the government or a employer being able to tell you must have something injected into your own body it's just going to bring avshit storm of trouble soon and im double jabbed just getting over catching it .

Totally agree, but sure employers attitude can legally be - if you want to work for me you have the jabs; if you dont have the jabs dont come work for me.

I am not forcing anyone to be jabbed, it is there choice and I am not forcing anyone to apply to work for me, again their choice, if you want to do the latter you do the forma first - and prove it !

Manchester (she/her)

"and im sure alot will be leaving I agree with you about the contract where I don't agree is with the government or a employer being able to tell you must have something injected into your own body it's just going to bring avshit storm of trouble soon and im double jabbed just getting over catching it .

Totally agree, but sure employers attitude can legally be - if you want to work for me you have the jabs; if you dont have the jabs dont come work for me.

I am not forcing anyone to be jabbed, it is there choice and I am not forcing anyone to apply to work for me, again their choice, if you want to do the latter you do the forma first - and prove it !"

Tbh I'm not sure it'll be that big a problem, at least in this country - the overwhelming majority of the public have been vaccinated. In countries like the US it would be more of an issue

portsmouth

"and im sure alot will be leaving I agree with you about the contract where I don't agree is with the government or a employer being able to tell you must have something injected into your own body it's just going to bring avshit storm of trouble soon and im double jabbed just getting over catching it .

I am not forcing anyone to be jabbed, it is there choice and I am not forcing anyone to apply to work for me, again their choice, if you want to do the latter you do the forma first - and prove it !"

What's next? I do not want you to get pregnant so if you want to work for me you must get

sterilized.

Last years heroes this years unemployed, absolutely disgusting despicable treatment of people that risked it all at the worst of the “pandemic” didn’t get sick didnt die and didn’t spread are now being told if your not jabbed with something that only prove to yourself you can’t work for us, I hope the french health system fails and there begged to return

London

I am not forcing anyone to be jabbed, it is there choice and I am not forcing anyone to apply to work for me, again their choice, if you want to do the latter you do the forma first - and prove it ! What's next? I do not want you to get pregnant so if you want to work for me you must get

sterilized.

"

“……. ! What's next? I do not want you to get pregnant so if you want to work for me you must get sterilized…..”

—————————

How does getting pregnant turn out to be the same as being asked to take a vaccine ??

Well done France.... A change from bending over backwards to please

Well done France.... A change from bending over backwards to please"

Anyone who thinks that mandating vaccinations in any way needs to take a long hard look at them selves.

To insist that even those that have a natural immunity from a previous infection have to have jabs is beyond madness.

near ipswich

Anyone who thinks that mandating vaccinations in any way needs to take a long hard look at them selves.

To insist that even those that have a natural immunity from a previous infection have to have jabs is beyond madness."

Is it? this guy had covid before. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58487683

To insist that even those that have a natural immunity from a previous infection have to have jabs is beyond madness. Is it? this guy had covid before. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58487683

"

That's no different to vaccinated people still catching it.

Perhaps you think everyone should have weekly jabs to reduce it?

Maybe daily?

near ipswich

To insist that even those that have a natural immunity from a previous infection have to have jabs is beyond madness. Is it? this guy had covid before. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58487683

Maybe daily?"

No just have them when offered.

Cheltenham

I am not forcing anyone to be jabbed, it is there choice and I am not forcing anyone to apply to work for me, again their choice, if you want to do the latter you do the forma first - and prove it ! What's next? I do not want you to get pregnant so if you want to work for me you must get

sterilized.

“……. ! What's next? I do not want you to get pregnant so if you want to work for me you must get sterilized…..”

—————————

How does getting pregnant turn out to be the same as being asked to take a vaccine ?? "

AFAIK contract law allows you to stipulate pretty much anything as long as it is not illegal.

As I understand it I cannot have a binding contract with you to kill someone as that is clearly illegal. If you want me to undergo a sterilisation procedure in order to get a job and I agree to that whilst not under duress and being of sound mind then it is probably a legal contract. Whether the courts think that I can agree to that and be of sound mind is a different question.

To insist that even those that have a natural immunity from a previous infection have to have jabs is beyond madness."

Exactly this, a blanket mandate to vaccinate everyone regardless of immunity level is legislation through ignorance of fact.

By *tallion and fillyCouple  over a year ago

Barrow in Furness

Absolutly, has no one twigged that common medicines that have been used successfully to treat covid have now been restricted.

No one twigged the gov have never said stop the spread, they only ever say slow the spread.

Why do you think the airports where left open when everyone was complaining it would be too late.

Why do you think at the end of the last lockdown when probably 3 or 4 more weeks completly apart might have seen the end of it in our country.

Why do you think they are allowing people who are double jabbed are still able go put amd about even if someone in there household has the virus....

Why would you even think having 2 jabs stops you carrying and spreading the virus. How exactly does a vaccine stop you carrying a virus on your body or clothes...It doesn't.

If you have the virus and an upset tummy, you are passing the virus. Your stomach acids don't always kill it.

Do you really think the politicians have been jabbed or had a cocktail of tablets to protect them?

They don't want to stop it. They are now making billions from vaccines. They are quite happy and want it to stay in circulation.

Before blanket jabbing everyone, they should be testing people to see if they have antibodies and if they have maybe they don't need jabbing. Maybe natural immunity can cope.

Also, if people can have covid without symptoms then maybe they can also have long covid. If someone with a current flair of the virus gets jabbed it is not good at all.

Long post, but it annoys me when people just accept everything they read. Particularly when it states daily numbers are estimated, that was on a daily news programme.

London

what a load of bollox. A driving license is not putting somthing in your body and has clear and obvious reasons for being needed how can any a person who wants to be taken seriously ( and allowed to vote ) compare the two. Never heard anything more stupid. Sounds like a fucking Viz article; taking a test and having a license won’t kill you taking a vaccine for Covid might kill you ( no matter how small the % is unfortunately you could be that person )

London

and what the actual fuck are you saying that minorities should just be ignored and it give rights just cause they are a minority

To insist that even those that have a natural immunity from a previous infection have to have jabs is beyond madness.

Exactly this, a blanket mandate to vaccinate everyone regardless of immunity level is legislation through ignorance of fact. "

I suspect that practicalities get in the way if science here. How do you evidence you've had it before? Maybe you could carve out those tested by an approved medical person ... But then you need to link that to the passport database ....

(This post is not pro mandatory vaccine. Just positioning the challenge once that decision has been made)

By *FFB69Woman  over a year ago

Torfaen/Gwent

—————————

If it’s a requirement of the job that you should be vaccinated, then the employer has right to request that you be vaccinated . If you don’t wish to have the vaccine, then find another job where vaccination is not requirement of employment. and im sure alot will be leaving I agree with you about the contract where I don't agree is with the government or a employer being able to tell you must have something injected into your own body it's just going to bring avshit storm of trouble soon and im double jabbed just getting over catching it ."

You don't know much about working in health care then, most jabs are required to work in health care. It's not a new thing.

London

to be quite honest the more I think about this the more angry I get thinking of the knock on effects, there will be family’s , children not eating tonight because of this possible even now out on the streets and some one who needs care not getting it because some bully government wants to enforce their money making made up laws. My blood is boiling

London

Exactly this, a blanket mandate to vaccinate everyone regardless of immunity level is legislation through ignorance of fact. I suspect that practicalities get in the way if science here. How do you evidence you've had it before? Maybe you could carve out those tested by an approved medical person ... But then you need to link that to the passport database ....

(This post is not pro mandatory vaccine. Just positioning the challenge once that decision has been made)"

or you could just do a cheap anti body test ( oh wait no money to be maid from that )

portsmouth

—————————

If it’s a requirement of the job that you should be vaccinated, then the employer has right to request that you be vaccinated . If you don’t wish to have the vaccine, then find another job where vaccination is not requirement of employment. and im sure alot will be leaving I agree with you about the contract where I don't agree is with the government or a employer being able to tell you must have something injected into your own body it's just going to bring avshit storm of trouble soon and im double jabbed just getting over catching it .

You don't know much about working in health care then, most jabs are required to work in health care. It's not a new thing. "

That is a misconception It is recommended but not mandated for the vast majority of health workers .

London

sterilized.

—————————

How does getting pregnant turn out to be the same as being asked to take a vaccine ??

AFAIK contract law allows you to stipulate pretty much anything as long as it is not illegal.

As I understand it I cannot have a binding contract with you to kill someone as that is clearly illegal. If you want me to undergo a sterilisation procedure in order to get a job and I agree to that whilst not under duress and being of sound mind then it is probably a legal contract. Whether the courts think that I can agree to that and be of sound mind is a different question."

“……. If you want me to undergo a sterilisation procedure in order to get a job….”

————————-

Do you know of any jobs where you are being asked to undergo sterilisation as a ‘requirement’ to be offered the job ?????

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

What about the vulnerable people they are caring for, surely for their sake they should be treated by vaccinated carers.

London

What about the vulnerable people they are caring for, surely for their sake they should be treated by vaccinated carers."

surely they should just be treated by people who are willing to care for them. Lot less of them now so just no care for them

By *azylivingMan  over a year ago

swansea / Bristol

Hasn’t / isn’t the uk deadline coming up?

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

"today France has started suspending health workers with no pay for not having their 1st covid jab. wonder how long it will be before they have to take them back because there short staffed"
This, they have not thought this one through

Cheltenham

"

Do you know of any jobs where you are being asked to undergo sterilisation as a ‘requirement’ to be offered the job ?????"

You are the one who came up with the statement - not me

I simply observed that if someone offered the job with those conditions it would be legal to accept it if you wanted that job. If you don’t like the conditions of the contract then don’t take it.

It will come down to who needs who more. I suspect people can find alternative jobs easier than people will be able to recruit new people into what is a pretty shitty industry anyway.

By *alfordLad77Man  over a year ago

Southport

What about the vulnerable people they are caring for, surely for their sake they should be treated by vaccinated carers. surely they should just be treated by people who are willing to care for them. Lot less of them now so just no care for them "

You're right. Best to let people who are more likely to transmit the disease care for them. That way we can kill off the more vulnerable and get on with our lives.

That's the best way to get through the pandemic right?

They do…

Covid: Can England avoid 'lockdown lite' this winter? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-58565061

By *ustforfun49Man  over a year ago

chesterfield

They can not care very much if they don't have the vaccine.

Well, in a similar act of incredible stupidity, care home staff here are being bullies into getting the jab or be sacked, further abandoning the vulnerable, even though your still infectious to others even if ykur vaccinated, nice one!

portsmouth

"They can not care very much if they don't have the vaccine. "
Wow who made you judge and jury.

They should have been vaccinated, especially given their jobs. By not doing that simple thing, they're putting the lives of others at risk.

London

"

Do you know of any jobs where you are being asked to undergo sterilisation as a ‘requirement’ to be offered the job ?????

You are the one who came up with the statement - not me

I simply observed that if someone offered the job with those conditions it would be legal to accept it if you wanted that job. If you don’t like the conditions of the contract then don’t take it."

Yes I get it, we are both making the same point really. It was another poster who mentioned pregnancy, and I didn’t quite understand how it relates to having a vaccine.

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

Not in their heads they are not; in their heads they are keeping themselves safe from the evil chemical and they don't care about anyone else. I will take my chances with the Covid jab over covid just like i took my chances with the Hepatitis jobs over Hep and i was a damned site less likely to get Hep C that i am Covid.

Exactly this, a blanket mandate to vaccinate everyone regardless of immunity level is legislation through ignorance of fact. I suspect that practicalities get in the way if science here. How do you evidence you've had it before? Maybe you could carve out those tested by an approved medical person ... But then you need to link that to the passport database ....

(This post is not pro mandatory vaccine. Just positioning the challenge once that decision has been made)"

In fairness it doesn't need to be linked to a passport database, you are given an antibody test, then it is your choice if you go ahead to be vaccinated. Self agency in your own decision with gained knowledge by the test. In terms of practicalities, one more step yes, but knowledge of natural immunity would result in less wanting the vaccine, then the booster and subsequent injections. Plus just because somethings a it more difficult doesn't mean it shouldn't be done. Like stopping smoking / being obese, hard to do something about it, but better to stop, but then again most just get jabbed instead.

Manchester (she/her)

"They can not care very much if they don't have the vaccine. Wow who made you judge and jury."

I thought everyone was entitled to their own opinions?

By *icolerobbieCouple  over a year ago

walsall

They’ll find other jobs, the world will keep turning. The more that I read these virus threads, the more I see people’s worst sides. So divisive. So sad.

Peace out.

By *ally dugsCouple  over a year ago

Motherwell

From eyeballing death rates per 100k is c 5 times higher for unvacc v double vaxed.

Of course a lot more people are vaxed so most deaths are from vaccinated people.

"

when is the data from because a lot of people died before vaccine was give so that might be incorrect if its deaths from start of covid

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

when is the data from because a lot of people died before vaccine was give so that might be incorrect if its deaths from start of covid "

The data is from Jan to July this year

"ive had to pull 2 members of staff in to tell them if they have not had there first jab by midnight tonight then dont bother coming back .... to be clear they are on 3 months starter probation but knew the rules when taken on i think they honestly belived that the rules would not apply to them"

Sounds like you're forcing someone to undergo a medical procedure under duress (y'know, with the pandemic and everyone fearing for their jobs and how they're gonna pay the bills and all that). If they suffer any adverse reactions from the jab I wouldn't be surprised if they have strong grounds to sue.

"It's called "consequences of your choices". They're not being forced to do anything. Is having a dress code in an office "force"? No? Didn't think so."

Because having to wear a suit that you can take off at the end of the day is equivalent to being injected with something that can't ever be undone.

London

What about the vulnerable people they are caring for, surely for their sake they should be treated by vaccinated carers. surely they should just be treated by people who are willing to care for them. Lot less of them now so just no care for them

You're right. Best to let people who are more likely to transmit the disease care for them. That way we can kill off the more vulnerable and get on with our lives.

That's the best way to get through the pandemic right?"

are these people like to have a very reduced standard of living now and possibly even die as there is no one to care for them???

London

"They can not care very much if they don't have the vaccine. "
why??? Many people have good reason not to have the vaccine. Maybe the people who are now not paying those carers don’t care much about them and their family’s life’s and wether their children are feed or not.

By *azylivingMan  over a year ago

swansea / Bristol

Sounds like you're forcing someone to undergo a medical procedure under duress (y'know, with the pandemic and everyone fearing for their jobs and how they're gonna pay the bills and all that). If they suffer any adverse reactions from the jab I wouldn't be surprised if they have strong grounds to sue.

Because having to wear a suit that you can take off at the end of the day is equivalent to being injected with something that can't ever be undone. "

The government have made pharmaceutical companies exempt from prosecution under to covid act as its classed as an emergency vaccine

"We should offer every one of them residency if they come here and work for our NHS for at least 5 years."

Before you make such a genius statement why not take a look at the initial rates of infection within clinical settings and understand the consequences?

The huge death tolls particularly in the care home setting can directly traced to staff members carrying infection room to room. Likewise if you look at NHS staff and patient infection rates pre vaccination they where horrific.

Covids greatest strength as a virus is its ability to spread, whether hospitals or indeed the care system you will find the most at risk groups for serious infection and death from Covid so why on earth would you promote a concept that endangers them or indeed or careers and their ability to maintain the services?

The team from the red zone I worked on suffered a 78% infection rate amongst staff in the first four months of the pandemic. We actually lost a senior sister to covid from our team, we had another 4 members of staff leave with long term issues (in the main long covid) as they could no longer perform their duties. Whilst we obviously couldn’t infect those already infected there was a direct affect on their health as our numbers where stretched through absence and thus our care ratios and ability to react suffered.

My team like most in the care/health sector couldn’t wait to get vaccinated, we don’t have a single person who opted against taking the vaccination at the earliest opportunity. Whilst I appreciate a limited number of people have strong views on ‘the right to choose’ I would ask what their views would be on a scenario where a friend/relative/themselves was infected by staff in a care/nhs setting and suffered serious illness as a result?

when is the data from because a lot of people died before vaccine was give so that might be incorrect if its deaths from start of covid "

three week period

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1018416/Vaccine_surveillance_report_-_week_37_v2.pdf

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

What about the vulnerable people they are caring for, surely for their sake they should be treated by vaccinated carers. surely they should just be treated by people who are willing to care for them. Lot less of them now so just no care for them

That's the best way to get through the pandemic right?"

They might find themselves in bother with the HSE.

Employers have duties to control the risk of harm to people their work may affect this includes non-employees as well as employees. Section 2 of the HSWA is relevant in the context of coronavirus prevention as employers must: Ensure the health, safety and welfare of their employees.

"

They are risking being ill and needing sick pay, pay without work? Why would an employer want that risk when he can employ people that pose little threat of that happening? We are living through a pandemic after all.

By *revaunanceCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

—————————

Agreed

New government regulations coming November this year states anyone wanting to work in a care home must have at least one dose of the jab and anyone going into those homes must provide evidence of being vaccinated.

I didnf really want the jab so early but got in in January this year not long after I started my job, because I felt I would be the odd one out not having it but I'm glad I did now with these new regulations coming in.

That said, I always found it quite strange that everyone's post had to be isolated for 72 hours yet their newspapers can just come straight on in and when we were allowed vistors back they had to isolate any gifts but was allowed to take all the coats and bags in and let their relative use their mobile phone without gloves on....I do find the government rules and regulations most odd.

Danish x

By *AURA6969TV/TS  over a year ago

RUGBY

"

By *asques and boxersCouple  over a year ago

Ashford and dept16

Good for you that statement goes for many subjects.

"New government regulations coming November this year states anyone wanting to work in a care home must have at least one dose of the jab and anyone going into those homes must provide evidence of being vaccinated.

I didnf really want the jab so early but got in in January this year not long after I started my job, because I felt I would be the odd one out not having it but I'm glad I did now with these new regulations coming in.

That said, I always found it quite strange that everyone's post had to be isolated for 72 hours yet their newspapers can just come straight on in and when we were allowed vistors back they had to isolate any gifts but was allowed to take all the coats and bags in and let their relative use their mobile phone without gloves on....I do find the government rules and regulations most odd.

Danish x"

They're not government rules and regulations. They are your companies policies.

And you're right - they make no sense.

"New government regulations coming November this year states anyone wanting to work in a care home must have at least one dose of the jab and anyone going into those homes must provide evidence of being vaccinated.

Danish x

And you're right - they make no sense."

Not what the government website says, it says anyone working in a cqc registered care home must be vaccinated (unless medically exempt), so not just my care home policy but a government one (not sure if I can post the link).

Danish x

Danish x

And you're right - they make no sense.

Not what the government website says, it says anyone working in a cqc registered care home must be vaccinated (unless medically exempt), so not just my care home policy but a government one (not sure if I can post the link).

Danish x"

its goverment and CQC registered homes we have to abide by the rules set out by the CQC we have regular inspections to make sure these rules are being followed ..

there a saying once your registered with the CQC then in affect you work for the CQC thats why registered managers and provider are so strict with the rules ignore these rules and they will shut you down ..

so everyone can moan as much as they like and disagree as much as they like but the rules are/have been put in place the dates gone for the first jab and then theres the date for the second jab to be completed by ..

we had a union confrence meeting with managers and porvider's and owners most of the problems with staff not being jabbed are in the big cities london / brum / mancheter / bristol mainly ... this is having a affect with familys of love ones now as familys want them moved away from these problem homes we've had 7 transfers in the last few weeks mainly from london and surrounding homes...

alot of people are forgeting the families have a big say and can move family in a heartbeat away from homes where they feel there family are not safe..

By *ombikerMan  over a year ago

the right side of the river

"i do laught it seems the same people who run to the dr's for a jab to go abroad yet protest over a jab that will give the elderly more of a fighting chance in life as well as those looking after them .. what difference does it make if jabbed or not you can still carry and pass it on so if the elderly aren't jabbed for some reason it doesn't matter if the person dealing with them is jabbed or not they will still catch it.

*Bangs head against wall for umpteenth time* "

So just to look at this logically

1 get vaccinated to protect you from Covid

2 vaccinated can still catch (but not as bad) Covid and pass it on.

3 unvaccinated are a danger to the fully vaccinated therefore should be isolated from the vaccinated to keep the vaccinated safe (back to point 1, is that not what the vaccine is meant to do)

4 the majority of Covid deaths are now fully vaccinated.

These are not my opinions, but information given to us by our governments.

And as usual, any information from governments makes no sense at all.

So make up your own minds what to do people.

*Bangs head against wall for umpteenth time*

So just to look at this logically

1 get vaccinated to protect you from Covid

2 vaccinated can still catch (but not as bad) Covid and pass it on.

3 unvaccinated are a danger to the fully vaccinated therefore should be isolated from the vaccinated to keep the vaccinated safe (back to point 1, is that not what the vaccine is meant to do)

4 the majority of Covid deaths are now fully vaccinated.

These are not my opinions, but information given to us by our governments.

And as usual, any information from governments makes no sense at all.

So make up your own minds what to do people."

Driving sober helps protect against dying in car accidents as you are more in control

Driving sober doesn't prevent accidents entirely.

Drink drivers can cause accidents and so should be prevented from driving.

Most accidents involve sober drivers.

That all feels coherent to me. The argument is people can take action to reduce risk bit can completely remove it, and the actions of others can increase an individual's risk.

The challenge is balancing the risks and rights if the individuals. I think that is where ppl draw different lines when it comes to principal.

No they won't because it was part of the contract she made it very clear. People have already tried taking this to court and its not getting very far.

"Surely the no jab no job rule is going to lead to skills/staff shortages in certain areas? I know there are ways and means of filling the gap short term but long term is it practical? Some will, no doubt do what ever it takes to get a job so maybe it’ll all balance itself out…."

Seeing as it's less than 10% of adult population that no had at least one jab so unless they aa work in the same industry I can't see this being a problem.

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

Good, they gave them plenty of notice."

Maybe daily?No just have them when offered."

I guess you don’t understand that the word you used “offered” actually implies choice.

Sorry I forget there’s no choice with tyranny.

Manchester (she/her)

Maybe daily?No just have them when offered.

I guess you don’t understand that the word you used “offered” actually implies choice.

Sorry I forget there’s no choice with tyranny. "

Tyranny? Good grief

But they are working with vulnerable people, many who are frail and of poor health.

In U.K. if you go to work in a hospital, even if office staff, you have to have a chest X-ray and a jab for Hepatitis to protect patients. What’s the difference with a Covid vax?

"

They will have been dismissed with no severance pay - they will have been paid for their work.

Manchester (she/her)

But they are working with vulnerable people, many who are frail and of poor health.

In U.K. if you go to work in a hospital, even if office staff, you have to have a chest X-ray and a jab for Hepatitis to protect patients. What’s the difference with a Covid vax?"

Healthcare staff have a duty of care to protect their patients. I don't see why vaccination is not part of this.

I think staff not being vaccinated is beneath the standard of care we should expect in a first world country.

By *itzi999Woman  over a year ago

Slough

Good!

Let them cross the Channel in a dinghy. They wouldn’t have to work. We will just give them money for nothing, somewhere to live, education and healthcare.

By *heekybrummiemonkeysCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

Good! "

Great idea, I don’t think! And if there’s a shortage of healthcare workers? Any plans for that? How about those whose treatment suffers due to the shortage, which is about to happen to care staff here. Or is it too much fun enjoying the gross division this is creating?

Healthcare workers were hero’s 12 months ago. Now people want them sacked for making their own minds up about a vax as choosing not to have it.

How far would you like to go? Sacked from other jobs too? Totally segregated? Banned from everywhere? Walk round with a badge on? Covid has turned fond into right maniacs. And not only that, but maniacs who think they’re the virtuous ones.

This division is gross, and is going to create infinite problems in society.

By *iman2100Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

I need to understand this. If you want to legally drive you need a licence. If you want to be a dentist you need qualifications. If you want to travel you need a passport, etc. etc.

What is so special about a vaccination that you can say you won't have it and still expect the same rights as those that did have it?

By *an JuniperoCouple  over a year ago

North East

"

I need to understand this. If you want to legally drive you need a licence. If you want to be a dentist you need qualifications. If you want to travel you need a passport, etc. etc.

What is so special about a vaccination that you can say you won't have it and still expect the same rights as those that did have it? "

Because it’s a terrible and lazy comparison. Driving without a license and performing unqualified dentistry on people is far more dangerous than unvaccinated people are to vaccinated people.

Birmingham

What is so special about a vaccination that you can say you won't have it and still expect the same rights as those that did have it? "

Because driving licenses don’t have possible rare side effects. And medical autonomy is not the same as a driving test.

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

Cookstown

What is so special about a vaccination that you can say you won't have it and still expect the same rights as those that did have it?

Because driving licenses don’t have possible rare side effects. And medical autonomy is not the same as a driving test."

Quite a few countries will refuse you admission if you don't have the mandatory vaccination eg polio or yellow fever, maybe you should complain about those too ?

Birmingham

Because driving licenses don’t have possible rare side effects. And medical autonomy is not the same as a driving test.

Quite a few countries will refuse you admission if you don't have the mandatory vaccination eg polio or yellow fever, maybe you should complain about those too ?"

Yellow fever isn’t covid. And not many countries require that anyway. And travelling between countries is not the same as being excluded from places in this country, when a negative test or natural immunity is sufficient.

If this happens domestically it will not be pretty.

By *iss KissWoman  over a year ago

near Coventry

I don bt know any figures. But. A friend of mine works at university hospital Coventry. Covid ward. Every single person in there is unvaccinated

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I don bt know any figures. But. A friend of mine works at university hospital Coventry. Covid ward. Every single person in there is unvaccinated "

It's really sad to hear this

Mental that livelihoods are now being torn from people who have the right to tell govs to p*ss off with their jabs.

Appalling behaviour from any government.

By *armandwet50Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

"

They haven't been sack, suspended without pay their job is still theirs once vaccinated

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Mental that livelihoods are now being torn from people who have the right to tell govs to p*ss off with their jabs.

"

But that's the whole point, the French have made it law that the Vaccine is required for certain professions... the staff have not "got the right" to refuse & stay in that job.

By *ob rodMan  over a year ago

lancaster

They do

Glasgow

"

Because it’s a terrible and lazy comparison. Driving without a license and performing unqualified dentistry on people is far more dangerous than unvaccinated people are to vaccinated people. "

People banned from driving are quite capable but cannot drive legally. They present an unacceptable risk to the other road users because of their prior actions and decisions. The same applies to struck off dentists.

Would you advocate those groups being allowed to drive or practice?

Unvaccinated people spread the disease per capita more than vaccinated ones, contribute more to the creation of mutant variants and are more likely to need hospital treatment thereby putting at risk people who would otherwise need the hospital.

The government are encouraging people to take action to protect themselves and others.

Not sure what is frightening or unwilling to think on the subject in my original post.

Glasgow

Because driving licenses don’t have possible rare side effects. And medical autonomy is not the same as a driving test."

As a different angle on this about side effects business then.

If you catch Covid-19 and wind up in ICU they are likely to give you dexamethasone and other corticosteroids (prednisone, methylprednisolone), maybe Tocilizumab and perhaps monoclonal antibodies. Do you refuse the medicine they give you because of its "rare side effects"?

Do you refuse breathing aids because "some" medical reports say the benefits are only marginal?

Manchester (she/her)

"Mental that livelihoods are now being torn from people who have the right to tell govs to p*ss off with their jabs.

"

They don't have the right under French law. Nor European human rights law.

Well. They don't have to have the jab - but they won't have the job. That's the way it goes.

Cookstown

Quite a few countries will refuse you admission if you don't have the mandatory vaccination eg polio or yellow fever, maybe you should complain about those too ?

Yellow fever isn’t covid. And not many countries require that anyway. And travelling between countries is not the same as being excluded from places in this country, when a negative test or natural immunity is sufficient.

If this happens domestically it will not be pretty."

The discussion is about french health workers being suspended nothing to do with people being excluded from places. Negative tests cannot be accepted in place of vaccination for that scenario as it's not practical to test every day and natural immunity hasn't got the same documented evidence of protection YET.

For the record though we would gladly support vaccine passports for certain venues and the vast majority of people would comply same as they do to enable foreign travel.

By *one21Man  over a year ago

Plymouth

Good! No excuse for not having a jab

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

I'm not really for vaccine passports as I think that shifts responsibility.

Vulnerable people/high risk groups have a choice about attending venues and knowing the risks..

High risk groups have no choice over having to get medical treatment.

This is the key issue, medical professionals work with the high risk groups every day and this disease hits those groups hardest.

This is why it is mandatory for those professions.

If the disease showed symptoms on day 1 then you could rely on sending medical professionals home like they would for say the flu or winter vomiting bug.

But as it is asymptomatic for many, you could have doctors and nurses infecting many vulnerable people before they found out.

Ensuring they are all vaccinated lowers this risk to the most reasonable level we can expect at this moment in time.

By *olfy and SheepCouple  over a year ago

Lancaster

Ummm. No they wouldn't... because they're dead.

If by the government. Then yes, they are. The cases going into the ICU are unvaccinated.

Birmingham

If you catch Covid-19 and wind up in ICU they are likely to give you dexamethasone and other corticosteroids (prednisone, methylprednisolone), maybe Tocilizumab and perhaps monoclonal antibodies. Do you refuse the medicine they give you because of its "rare side effects"?

Do you refuse breathing aids because "some" medical reports say the benefits are only marginal? "

Most sensible people weigh every treatment up. Take responsibility for their own body and make their own decisions. That’s normal.

And those drugs have been around decades.

This forum is full of people with Stockholm syndrome. It’s incredible how much people are just begging for more government control. They’d love China. Happy for jobs to be taken away from people. Don’t care about knock on effects to society. The biggest thing covid has caused is mental illness… and this place is a great example. Fear has literally taken over many peoples lives. And it’s turned many onto right judgmental tossers.

Birmingham

"

Because it’s a terrible and lazy comparison. Driving without a license and performing unqualified dentistry on people is far more dangerous than unvaccinated people are to vaccinated people.

People banned from driving are quite capable but cannot drive legally. They present an unacceptable risk to the other road users because of their prior actions and decisions. The same applies to struck off dentists.

Unvaccinated people spread the disease per capita more than vaccinated ones, contribute more to the creation of mutant variants and are more likely to need hospital treatment thereby putting at risk people who would otherwise need the hospital.

The government are encouraging people to take action to protect themselves and others.

Not sure what is frightening or unwilling to think on the subject in my original post. "

Fat people are more likely to take up a hospital bed. Shall we ban them from buying cakes? Jesus this forum is insane. 18 months of this and some are literally brainwashed by fear. Everything must be done to minimise covid risk! Infectious disease has existed before you know… and we take our chances.

This forum shows the real damage done to society. People are literally covid brainwashed. It’s incredible.

In your bed

Do you refuse breathing aids because "some" medical reports say the benefits are only marginal?

Most sensible people weigh every treatment up. Take responsibility for their own body and make their own decisions. That’s normal.

This forum is full of people with Stockholm syndrome. It’s incredible how much people are just begging for more government control. They’d love China. Happy for jobs to be taken away from people. Don’t care about knock on effects to society. The biggest thing covid has caused is mental illness… and this place is a great example. Fear has literally taken over many peoples lives. And it’s turned many onto right judgmental tossers."

You are the one using insults, the rest are debating in a civil manner.

I'm not fearful, but I'm also not naive to think we should just sit on our hands and do nothing.

There is a difference to being risk aware and fearful reactions and lumping them together does not benefit anyone.

Jumping from requiring vaccines for medical professionals to comparing that to state controlled China, shows a huge level of hyperbole and a lack of understanding of what living outside of a Liberal democracy really means.

All these steps are via accountable people and if there was enough of an issue it could all be undone overnight.

The issue is that this is not an issue for most people living in Liberal societies. Most just see it as good risk awareness.

Manchester (she/her)

This forum is full of people with Stockholm syndrome. It’s incredible how much people are just begging for more government control. They’d love China. Happy for jobs to be taken away from people. Don’t care about knock on effects to society. The biggest thing covid has caused is mental illness… and this place is a great example. Fear has literally taken over many peoples lives. And it’s turned many onto right judgmental tossers."

So the people who disagree with you are mentally ill, suffering Stockholm syndrome, would enjoy a repressive regime, have not thought things through, and have been overtaken by fear...

And you pass all these judgements, calling them judgemental, with a straight face.

Ok.

Birmingham

This forum is full of people with Stockholm syndrome. It’s incredible how much people are just begging for more government control. They’d love China. Happy for jobs to be taken away from people. Don’t care about knock on effects to society. The biggest thing covid has caused is mental illness… and this place is a great example. Fear has literally taken over many peoples lives. And it’s turned many onto right judgmental tossers.

I'm not fearful, but I'm also not naive to think we should just sit on our hands and do nothing.

There is a difference to being risk aware and fearful reactions and lumping them together does not benefit anyone.

Jumping from requiring vaccines for medical professionals to comparing that to state controlled China, shows a huge level of hyperbole and a lack of understanding of what living outside of a Liberal democracy really means.

All these steps are via accountable people and if there was enough of an issue it could all be undone overnight.

The issue is that this is not an issue for most people living in Liberal societies. Most just see it as good risk awareness.

"

No, it shows a level of understanding of where problems start. Wait and see.

And I’m not insulting, I genuinely believe this forum is a good example of his covid has caused many people to be mentally ill throough fear.

Birmingham

So the people who disagree with you are mentally ill, suffering Stockholm syndrome, would enjoy a repressive regime, have not thought things through, and have been overtaken by fear...

And you pass all these judgements, calling them judgemental, with a straight face.

Ok. "

Yes you have. You literally live on here and think nothing of people losing jobs over a medical decision, yet are quick to judge others who, for example, don’t wear a mask. Talk about insane.

So yes, I think this place is a great example of people losing their mind over covid. You’ll still be the same in a decade, riddled with fear. It dominating your life. I’m not being horrible, I feel sorry for you.

In your bed

And I’m not insulting, I genuinely believe this forum is a good example of his covid has caused many people to be mentally ill throough fear. "

And you are a psychologist or physiatrist who can diagnose people via their forum posts?

The 30-60 seconds it takes to post an opinion is not a great insight into people's lives.

I also post on other forums and talk about other things with friends.

This would not make the top 20 of things I talk about or have an interest in nowadays.

Birmingham

And I’m not insulting, I genuinely believe this forum is a good example of his covid has caused many people to be mentally ill throough fear.

And you are a psychologist or physiatrist who can diagnose people via their forum posts?

The 30-60 seconds it takes to post an opinion is not a great insight into people's lives.

This would not make the top 20 of things I talk about or have an interest in nowadays. "

I am yes. And it doesn’t take much analysis to read this place and realise all proportion has been lost for some people. I don’t mean you particularly, but there are many who are too far gone.

In your bed

This would not make the top 20 of things I talk about or have an interest in nowadays.

I am yes. And it doesn’t take much analysis to read this place and realise all proportion has been lost for some people. I don’t mean you particularly, but there are many who are too far gone."

Really you can diagnose a mental illness from a 30 second forum post?

I think that would never stand up to professional scrutiny.

Birmingham

I am yes. And it doesn’t take much analysis to read this place and realise all proportion has been lost for some people. I don’t mean you particularly, but there are many who are too far gone.

I think that would never stand up to professional scrutiny. "

It’s not a 30 second post I’m talking about. It’s the thousands and thousands over 18 months.

Some are too far gone.

By *traight_no_iceMan  over a year ago

Stoke

I think that would never stand up to professional scrutiny.

It’s not a 30 second post I’m talking about. It’s the thousands and thousands over 18 months.

Some are too far gone."

I believe most of us have been affected by the covid situation one way or another. Even a bout of depression is classified as a mental illness and many people go through some kind of depression at some point.

But it is better to stick to the comments here and not let long time perceptions to cloud judgement.

If some people feel strongly for or against some tough measures is not because of mental illness. There is a pandemic and we need to accept some hatsh measures and realities.

Cookstown

"

Not sure what is frightening or unwilling to think on the subject in my original post.

Fat people are more likely to take up a hospital bed. Shall we ban them from buying cakes? Jesus this forum is insane. 18 months of this and some are literally brainwashed by fear. Everything must be done to minimise covid risk! Infectious disease has existed before you know… and we take our chances.

This forum shows the real damage done to society. People are literally covid brainwashed. It’s incredible."

Didn't they introduce sugar taxes to try to combat obesity ?

Birmingham

"

This forum shows the real damage done to society. People are literally covid brainwashed. It’s incredible.

Didn't they introduce sugar taxes to try to combat obesity ?"

Yes. And adding a few pence to sugar is not comparable to sacking people for not wanting a vax.

I can’t believe I had to actually type that.

Manchester (she/her)

I think healthcare workers took on extra responsibility when they took the role. Duty of care to their patients. Upholding evidence based practice.

I think that this encompasses vaccination, particularly after literally billions of doses have been administered.

I think an unvaccinated healthcare worker is more of a liability than a vacancy, and we have the right in a first world country to expect the highest of ethical and evidence based standards in our healthcare system.

Birmingham

"I think healthcare workers took on extra responsibility when they took the role. Duty of care to their patients. Upholding evidence based practice.

I think that this encompasses vaccination, particularly after literally billions of doses have been administered.

I think an unvaccinated healthcare worker is more of a liability than a vacancy, and we have the right in a first world country to expect the highest of ethical and evidence based standards in our healthcare system."

It won’t end at healthcare workers.

Birmingham

"I think healthcare workers took on extra responsibility when they took the role. Duty of care to their patients. Upholding evidence based practice.

I think an unvaccinated healthcare worker is more of a liability than a vacancy, and we have the right in a first world country to expect the highest of ethical and evidence based standards in our healthcare system.

It won’t end at healthcare workers."

And a shortage of healthcare workers is a disaster. People need care for all sorts of reasons. Most don’t give a toss about the vaccine status of a nurse.

Manchester (she/her)

It won’t end at healthcare workers."

Ok

In your bed

Can I just remind everyone this is about the French.

We have no right to tell them what to do in their own society.

Birmingham

Ok "

See Canada, Italy etc….

Manchester (she/her)

Ok

See Canada, Italy etc…."

See Australia, where a relative of mine will lose their non healthcare job because they won't get vaccinated.

*Shrug*

Birmingham

Ok

See Canada, Italy etc….

See Australia, where a relative of mine will lose their non healthcare job because they won't get vaccinated.

*Shrug*"

There you go, it wont end at Heath are workers.

And if you don’t give a toss about people losing jobs for making a different decision on a vax, then it shows how you trying to pretend you’re the virtuous one is simply unbelievable. It is utterly gross and disgusting. And society will suffer big time from this.

Manchester (she/her)

Ok

See Canada, Italy etc….

*Shrug*

And if you don’t give a toss about people losing jobs for making a different decision on a vax, then it shows how you trying to pretend you’re the virtuous one is simply unbelievable. It is utterly gross and disgusting. And society will suffer big time from this."

Some Australian jurisdictions have decided that jobs beyond healthcare involve a duty of care to the people they serve that encompasses vaccination. This has been the case for decades. My relative took this job - and the university degree and debt - being aware of this.

It may be outside what people in the UK know as normal, and you may find it abhorrent, but I'm afraid that it's a simple case of my relative no longer wanting to abide by the conditions of his contract.

Birmingham

Ok

See Canada, Italy etc….

*Shrug*

And if you don’t give a toss about people losing jobs for making a different decision on a vax, then it shows how you trying to pretend you’re the virtuous one is simply unbelievable. It is utterly gross and disgusting. And society will suffer big time from this.

Some Australian jurisdictions have decided that jobs beyond healthcare involve a duty of care to the people they serve that encompasses vaccination. This has been the case for decades. My relative took this job - and the university degree and debt - being aware of this.

It may be outside what people in the UK know as normal, and you may find it abhorrent, but I'm afraid that it's a simple case of my relative no longer wanting to abide by the conditions of his contract. "

And it will come to jobs that never had this in their contract. And you’ll still support it, and not give a toss about those losing their jobs. Because it’s for the greater good… honest…

In your bed

Maybe there should be a posting limit.

Only 5 responses to any one thread.

Manchester (she/her)

Ok

See Canada, Italy etc….

*Shrug*

It may be outside what people in the UK know as normal, and you may find it abhorrent, but I'm afraid that it's a simple case of my relative no longer wanting to abide by the conditions of his contract.

And it will come to jobs that never had this in their contract. And you’ll still support it, and not give a toss about those losing their jobs. Because it’s for the greater good… honest…

"

Ok. If you say so.

By *traight_no_iceMan  over a year ago

Stoke

Ok

See Canada, Italy etc….

*Shrug*

"

Isn’t a way to get on with life and accept some risks? Then we can all start enjoying living whether in Australia, in the UK , In Canada or elsewhere.

Manchester (she/her)

Ok

See Canada, Italy etc….

*Shrug*

Isn’t a way to get on with life and accept some risks? Then we can all start enjoying living whether in Australia, in the UK , In Canada or elsewhere."

That's the Australian view. We protect the vulnerable by having vaccine mandates in certain professions, and in schools. It's not complete, but it lets immunocompromised children go to school, patients be treated in hospital more safely, etc.

In your bed

Getting close to the end.

"

This forum shows the real damage done to society. People are literally covid brainwashed. It’s incredible."

Your on the right track, don’t fall prey to the covidian cult weak minded fearful ones will die first.