FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Effectiveness of vaccine

Effectiveness of vaccine

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

This isnt an anti vac thread. I'm just curious how I am now spending my 4th consecutive day in bed following a positive test (and not in a good way)

I'm not the only one I know who has had this happen.

Anyway I'm just wondering if there are figures out there for people who are ill with covid following double jabs?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I suspect there are figures, but I don't know them off the top of my head.

The effectiveness of vaccines can be broken down into several categories. Effectiveness against asymptomatic infection, effectiveness against symptomatic infection, effectiveness against severe disease, effectiveness against death. Probably other measures too (long Covid, etc).

Your vaccine didn't protect you against symptomatic disease, but its almost certainly still protecting you against severe disease and death - they remain brilliant for that

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Well for that I'm grateful. Can't imagine feeling much worse

Manchester (she/her)

"Well for that I'm grateful. Can't imagine feeling much worse "

Yeah, I gather it's lousy even post vaccine. (For the purposes of this kind of classification, "mild" is anything below needing hospital - they messed up the communication there a bit)

By *udistcpl1Couple  over a year ago

Wirral

"This isnt an anti vac thread. I'm just curious how I am now spending my 4th consecutive day in bed following a positive test (and not in a good way)

Anyway I'm just wondering if there are figures out there for people who are ill with covid following double jabs? "

Be thankful you have had the vaccine. You might be unlucky enough to have got quite ill but it might well be stopping you from going to hospital. Without the vaccine, who knows what might have happened.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

We will never know for you OP how your illness would have been, had you never had your 2 jabs. We do know that trials have shown over 90% efficacy levels and no deaths, based on people who were split into 2 groups - those given the vaccines and the others without it. The probability is that your personal immune system is effective - it's sadly not for some people - and that your immune response was very strong. Having a primed response, meant that your circulating antibodies could immediately counter the virus, as soon as it was in your body and recognised. Likewise, your body was also able to mobilise further attacks on the virus, leading to eradication.

People often incorrectly assume that their symptom are caused directly by the pathogen, ie a virus, bacteria etc. Much of the feelings and symptoms are actually ourselves, our body treating the symptoms, killing the pathogen and restoring and repairing our body. It can be a massive undertaking and there's probably significant evolutionary benefit for keeping us feeling sick, even if we're just getting better - probably because us stopping doing things means that our energy can be focused mainly on repairing ourselves.

As others state, the objectives of the earliest vaccines have been to reduce deaths and serious illness levels, which overwhelmed society. Your chances of a much, much more serious illness have been cut very significantly, by being vaccinated. Your probability of being killed by this are also substantially lower.

Feeling unwell i s often just the immune system proving that it's hard at work

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

Probably feeling dead could be a tad worse.

By *rindnbumpCouple  over a year ago

Our little world of Kinky Fuckery in Durham

"This isnt an anti vac thread. I'm just curious how I am now spending my 4th consecutive day in bed following a positive test (and not in a good way)

Anyway I'm just wondering if there are figures out there for people who are ill with covid following double jabs? "

Hope you're feeling better soon OP.

Unfortunately no-one can say how ill or not ill you would have been had you not been vaccinated.

There are thousands of people who are asymptomatic and don't even know they have or have had the virus.

We have a close relative who works in a care home. They have recently had an outbreak of Covid.

7 residents and 4 workers.

All double vacinnated.

5 of those residents have died.

OH has had an outbreak at work

8 colleagues as well as some of their partners. All double vaccinated and some quite poorly.

Our daughter and son in law and his mother (all live together) had Covid. Mother in law double vacinnated and suffered the most.

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason with this virus.

By *azylivingMan  over a year ago

swansea / Bristol

Anyway I'm just wondering if there are figures out there for people who are ill with covid following double jabs?

Unfortunately no-one can say how ill or not ill you would have been had you not been vaccinated.

There are thousands of people who are asymptomatic and don't even know they have or have had the virus.

We have a close relative who works in a care home. They have recently had an outbreak of Covid.

All double vacinnated.

8 colleagues as well as some of their partners. All double vaccinated and some quite poorly.

Our daughter and son in law and his mother (all live together) had Covid. Mother in law double vacinnated and suffered the most.

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason with this virus."

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

All double vacinnated.

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason with this virus. "

Unfortunately, when it comes to health we all like definitive answers.

Sadly, no such thing.

We can look for historical evidence and research to give us the best idea but absolutes don't exist, wish they did.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Vaccine effectiveness is expressed as a percentage. It’s not 100%. You are in the percentage for whom it has not protected from symptoms. May have saved you from hospital though.

The vaccines don’t work pal they are rushed and it fucks your immune system if you catch out else but the tv won’t tell you that they don’t interview the millions of scientists who speak about it it’s bad for business

By *ola81Woman  over a year ago

pond

There are researches which say people double vaccinated have much less natural immune system than unvaccinated or just 1 jabbed folks.

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

Cookstown

"There are researches which say people double vaccinated have much less natural immune system than unvaccinated or just 1 jabbed folks.

"

YouTube ?

Manchester (she/her)

"There are researches which say people double vaccinated have much less natural immune system than unvaccinated or just 1 jabbed folks.

"

Even if that were true, it means having the disease first. I'll skip disease induced immunity when I can have vaccine induced immunity.

pond

Even if that were true, it means having the disease first. I'll skip disease induced immunity when I can have vaccine induced immunity."

Hmmm what kind of immunity you have if double vaccinated get virus like anybody else?

Manchester (she/her)

Even if that were true, it means having the disease first. I'll skip disease induced immunity when I can have vaccine induced immunity.

Hmmm what kind of immunity you have if double vaccinated get virus like anybody else? "

Immunity against severe disease - T cells working while antibodies catch up.

I know enough about immunology for that question not to trouble me in the slightest

I know of a few people who were double jabbed that have been very unwell (having to call 111 and 999) having tested positive. But then on the flip side I also know people who have only had 1 jab that have had no symptoms at all.

I think you can argue that it is purely based on the individual and their ability to fight viruses/infections.

You can make data say pretty much what you like with a little manipulation.

Manchester (she/her)

"I know of a few people who were double jabbed that have been very unwell (having to call 111 and 999) having tested positive. But then on the flip side I also know people who have only had 1 jab that have had no symptoms at all.

I think you can argue that it is purely based on the individual and their ability to fight viruses/infections.

You can make data say pretty much what you like with a little manipulation. "

Anyone can manipulate data, sure. We see it on these forums every day. But whether that manipulation stands up to scrutiny is another question - see the utter collapse of the ivermectin studies.

pond

I always say: I was born to die. If I die, I die. Till then I enjoy my life how I want. Simple

Manchester (she/her)

"I always say: I was born to die. If I die, I die. Till then I enjoy my life how I want. Simple "

Ok. I take advantage of modern medicine to protect myself and those around me.

If not for medicine I wouldn't have lived to adulthood - I've relied on it for 20+ years to survive, and will for the rest of my life. Different perspective.

pond

"I always say: I was born to die. If I die, I die. Till then I enjoy my life how I want. Simple

If not for medicine I wouldn't have lived to adulthood - I've relied on it for 20+ years to survive, and will for the rest of my life. Different perspective."

I do have similar experiences to yours. That's why I live my life. Is just the difference how we look at it.

Manchester (she/her)

"I always say: I was born to die. If I die, I die. Till then I enjoy my life how I want. Simple

If not for medicine I wouldn't have lived to adulthood - I've relied on it for 20+ years to survive, and will for the rest of my life. Different perspective.

I do have similar experiences to yours. That's why I live my life. Is just the difference how we look at it. "

Fair enough.

By *omWarrior73Man  over a year ago

w

Without the vaccine your body’s natural immune system fights it off perfectly fine. Also drink plenty of filtered water, herbal teas, natural fruit juices and supplements like Vit D3 and Vit C, Zinc and Magnesium.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"Without the vaccine your body’s natural immune system fights it off perfectly fine. Also drink plenty of filtered water, herbal teas, natural fruit juices and supplements like Vit D3 and Vit C, Zinc and Magnesium. "

How does filtered water help fight a deadly respiratory diseases?

By *tue555Man  over a year ago

Passed Beyond Reach

There are figures but most in these threads will ignore them if they don't fit their narative.

Im an older guy higher risk category but still somewhat healthy.

Had covid few weeks ago , but for me it was little more than just a slight cold. I see all the young pregnant women who didn't have the vaccine on ventilators and all the others.

Think that if i hadn't had the vaccine i would most likely be one of them or not here to type this post, fair few i know are not.

So for me the vaccine was most probably a life saver, of course i can only speculate this.

But my personal view is that the antivaxers are gambling with their own lives, but trying to convice others is gambling with their lives also.

So yes i had double jab, but 10 days inconvenience and a runny nose was totally worth the double jab

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"Without the vaccine your body’s natural immune system fights it off perfectly fine. Also drink plenty of filtered water, herbal teas, natural fruit juices and supplements like Vit D3 and Vit C, Zinc and Magnesium. "

But evidence is that not everyone will be or have been able to fight it off!

So you suggest that they just be left to die gasping for breath then ?

Manchester (she/her)

How well has that gone for all the people who've died?

So what did all those thousands of people die of?

"The vaccines don’t work pal they are rushed and it fucks your immune system if you catch out else but the tv won’t tell you that they don’t interview the millions of scientists who speak about it it’s bad for business "

Is that why there's a really bad cold going round? There were never any colds in winter before covid.

By *heNaturistCoupleCouple  over a year ago

crewe

Your on your phone posting on the internet! And you can't imagine feeling any worse?.

"We will never know for you OP how your illness would have been, had you never had your 2 jabs. We do know that trials have shown over 90% efficacy levels and no deaths, based on people who were split into 2 groups - those given the vaccines and the others without it. The probability is that your personal immune system is effective - it's sadly not for some people - and that your immune response was very strong. Having a primed response, meant that your circulating antibodies could immediately counter the virus, as soon as it was in your body and recognised. Likewise, your body was also able to mobilise further attacks on the virus, leading to eradication.

People often incorrectly assume that their symptom are caused directly by the pathogen, ie a virus, bacteria etc. Much of the feelings and symptoms are actually ourselves, our body treating the symptoms, killing the pathogen and restoring and repairing our body. It can be a massive undertaking and there's probably significant evolutionary benefit for keeping us feeling sick, even if we're just getting better - probably because us stopping doing things means that our energy can be focused mainly on repairing ourselves.

As others state, the objectives of the earliest vaccines have been to reduce deaths and serious illness levels, which overwhelmed society. Your chances of a much, much more serious illness have been cut very significantly, by being vaccinated. Your probability of being killed by this are also substantially lower.

Feeling unwell i s often just the immune system proving that it's hard at work "

Being infected with the virus is the first part. In many cases the immune system can cope with the virus in 5-7 days.

Some peoples immune system goes way over the top and causes the problems known as covid19, which is the result of massive immune system over-reaction

Central

"The vaccines don’t work pal they are rushed and it fucks your immune system if you catch out else but the tv won’t tell you that they don’t interview the millions of scientists who speak about it it’s bad for business "

A statement that ignores the huge volumes of evidence. Blissfully ignorant is perhaps why some are now near death in hospital after not being vaccinated

Cookstown

"The vaccines don’t work pal they are rushed and it fucks your immune system if you catch out else but the tv won’t tell you that they don’t interview the millions of scientists who speak about it it’s bad for business

A statement that ignores the huge volumes of evidence. Blissfully ignorant is perhaps why some are now near death in hospital after not being vaccinated "

Infections no longer spread exponentially

Rates of deaths vs infection are a fraction of what they were last year.

Can that be due to vaccines or is it just people buying filtered water and vitamin tablets ?

swansea / Bristol

"The vaccines don’t work pal they are rushed and it fucks your immune system if you catch out else but the tv won’t tell you that they don’t interview the millions of scientists who speak about it it’s bad for business

A statement that ignores the huge volumes of evidence. Blissfully ignorant is perhaps why some are now near death in hospital after not being vaccinated

Can that be due to vaccines or is it just people buying filtered water and vitamin tablets ?"

Or if someone was hit by a bus/car/meteor but tested positive within28 days it was a covid related death

Can that be due to vaccines or is it just people buying filtered water and vitamin tablets ?

Or if someone was hit by a bus/car/meteor but tested positive within28 days it was a covid related death "

isn't it just the daily figure (snap shot) that take this approach. They then use death certificates when looking at in depth analysis (which takes longer to come thru)

Iirc the two approaches were broadly consistent in numbers so the snap shot was seen as good enough.

swansea / Bristol

Or if someone was hit by a bus/car/meteor but tested positive within28 days it was a covid related death isn't it just the daily figure (snap shot) that take this approach. They then use death certificates when looking at in depth analysis (which takes longer to come thru)

Iirc the two approaches were broadly consistent in numbers so the snap shot was seen as good enough. "

Every death was recorded as covid related. Hope that’s changed

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Oh yes that’s absolutely true, except for about 0.1% of those infected or potentially about 700,000 people in the UK... but it’s only 0.1% so we shouldn’t bother too much .. one day you will be in the vulnerable 0.1% and not even know it, it may not be this year, maybe not next year, but one day it may catch your immune system at a moment when you are compromised.

Cookstown

Or if someone was hit by a bus/car/meteor but tested positive within28 days it was a covid related death "

Ah ha ..That explains it thanks.

Central

Or if someone was hit by a bus/car/meteor but tested positive within28 days it was a covid related death

Ah ha ..That explains it thanks.

"

Not to mention the homeopathic treatment of diluted meteorite dust, at the right concentration

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Yes herbal tea is the answer we've all been searching for

Manchester (she/her)

"Without the vaccine your body’s natural immune system fights it off perfectly fine. Also drink plenty of filtered water, herbal teas, natural fruit juices and supplements like Vit D3 and Vit C, Zinc and Magnesium.

Yes herbal tea is the answer we've all been searching for "

Tin town

Google or duckduckgo search for "covid surveillance report week xx" (we are now up to week 40 or 41). It shows infections by 1 2 or no jabs by age group. Along with admissions and deaths.

By *ffanotdykeCouple  over a year ago

Salop

I had my first jab before Xmas last and the second at the begining of March and my third one three weeks ago.

I am on the Government monthly testing programme and so far everything has come back negative.

Apart from a slightly sore arm after the third jab no ill effects, but still mask up in Tesco etc.

If you want proof of the effectiveness, compare the number who died not having the vaccine with those who have died having had the vaccine.

The FACTS not RUMOURS speak for themselves.

By *teve197_ukMan  over a year ago

Sutton Coldfield

"Without the vaccine your body’s natural immune system fights it off perfectly fine. Also drink plenty of filtered water, herbal teas, natural fruit juices and supplements like Vit D3 and Vit C, Zinc and Magnesium.

How does filtered water help fight a deadly respiratory diseases?"

By *teve197_ukMan  over a year ago

Sutton Coldfield

"I had my first jab before Xmas last and the second at the begining of March and my third one three weeks ago.

I am on the Government monthly testing programme and so far everything has come back negative.

Apart from a slightly sore arm after the third jab no ill effects, but still mask up in Tesco etc.

If you want proof of the effectiveness, compare the number who died not having the vaccine with those who have died having had the vaccine.

The FACTS not RUMOURS speak for themselves."

agreed, I work in a large office ,I am the only one out of seven people who had the jab, guess what ?, the other six all got covid in a period of two weeks , two of them ended up in hospital, I ended up on my own in the office for a good few weeks .

By *rindnbumpCouple  over a year ago

Our little world of Kinky Fuckery in Durham

"I had my first jab before Xmas last and the second at the begining of March and my third one three weeks ago.

The FACTS not RUMOURS speak for themselves.agreed, I work in a large office ,I am the only one out of seven people who had the jab, guess what ?, the other six all got covid in a period of two weeks , two of them ended up in hospital, I ended up on my own in the office for a good few weeks ."

On the flip side did you read our comment above?

By *ap AdgeMan  over a year ago

Chester

Roughly about 17,000 double vax a day getting infections

Chester

1.63% in England (1 in 60 people), compared with 1.44% (1 in 70 people) the week before

2.18% in Wales (1 in 45 people), compared with 1.87% (1 in 55 people) the week before

0.82% in Northern Ireland (1 in 120 people), compared with 0.79% (1 in 130 people) the week before

1.26% in Scotland (1 in 80 people), compared with 1.61% (1 in 60 people), the week before??

Chester

1 million people in UK home countries had COVID-19 in the week

15 October 2021

Overall coronavirus (COVID-19) infections increased in England and Wales in the week ending 9 October 2021. ONS

Central

"Roughly about 17,000 double vax a day getting infections "

And very few of them getting seriously ill or losing their lives . The vaccines have been a huge success for you. Sadly, it's such a very different story for the people who aren't vaccinated

Chester

1 million people in UK home countries had COVID-19 in the week

15 October 2021

Overall coronavirus (COVID-19) infections increased in England and Wales in the week ending 9 October 2021. ONS

Central

The FACTS not RUMOURS speak for themselves."

Imperial College REACT study found that people who had been double vaccinated were much less likely to have been infected with the virus. That real life testing is indicative of the vaccines having really helped me people of this country. There are lots of data and reports of other issues but this is extraordinarily steong, based on 100,000+ people, who were randomly sampled citizens.

Central

"1 million people in UK home countries had COVID-19 in the week

15 October 2021

Overall coronavirus (COVID-19) infections increased in England and Wales in the week ending 9 October 2021. ONS "

Yes. We need to get more people vaccinated, to ensure that fewer people get seriously ill or die.

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Close to useless and more and more convinced I made the right choice on adopting a wait and see approach.

If you consult the figures from the UK Health Security Agency (former public health England) you will see that over the past 4 weeks 60% of hospital admissions were for vaccinated people. Deaths for people within 28 days of a positive COVID test during the same period were 2136 fully vaxxed, 92 partly vaxxed and 557 unvaxxed. That's 80% of deaths with full or partial vaccination.

People can debate all they want but these are cold hard statistics anyone can verify themselves. The "vaccine" was supposed to reduce hospitalisation and death but both of those stats are much higher than the same period last year when there was no vaccine.

Israel is one of the most heavily vaxxed countries in the world and despite a significant number of people having already received their "booster" their rates continue sky high and greater than at anytime last year.

Three of my colleagues at the hospital became bed ridden for a week despite being fully vaxxed.

As to the arguement that it could make you less sick being vaxxed; how can they know that when it's been rolled out during a pandemic, they only have a few months of data to go on and the dominant strain is different from the original as well?

"Close to useless and more and more convinced I made the right choice on adopting a wait and see approach.

If you consult the figures from the UK Health Security Agency (former public health England) you will see that over the past 4 weeks 60% of hospital admissions were for vaccinated people. Deaths for people within 28 days of a positive COVID test during the same period were 2136 fully vaxxed, 92 partly vaxxed and 557 unvaxxed. That's 80% of deaths with full or partial vaccination.

People can debate all they want but these are cold hard statistics anyone can verify themselves. The "vaccine" was supposed to reduce hospitalisation and death but both of those stats are much higher than the same period last year when there was no vaccine.

Israel is one of the most heavily vaxxed countries in the world and despite a significant number of people having already received their "booster" their rates continue sky high and greater than at anytime last year.

Three of my colleagues at the hospital became bed ridden for a week despite being fully vaxxed.

As to the arguement that it could make you less sick being vaxxed; how can they know that when it's been rolled out during a pandemic, they only have a few months of data to go on and the dominant strain is different from the original as well?"

The vaccine surveillance reports help here. Sure more vaccinated ppl are getting ill. But more people are vaccinated.

However when we look at hospitalisation per 100k, it's 5x more for unvax. Ans about the same ratio for deaths.

You can't compare directly to last year, as we were not "free" then. I'd also suggest this comparison will fall over by the end of the month.

Noone is saying the vax is perfect. That you won't get ill etc. The claim is that it helps protect, and reduce the risk of harmful symptoms. I'd say the surveillance suggests there is a strong data to support this.

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

"Close to useless and more and more convinced I made the right choice on adopting a wait and see approach.

As to the arguement that it could make you less sick being vaxxed; how can they know that when it's been rolled out during a pandemic, they only have a few months of data to go on and the dominant strain is different from the original as well?

The vaccine surveillance reports help here. Sure more vaccinated ppl are getting ill. But more people are vaccinated.

However when we look at hospitalisation per 100k, it's 5x more for unvax. Ans about the same ratio for deaths.

You can't compare directly to last year, as we were not "free" then. I'd also suggest this comparison will fall over by the end of the month.

Noone is saying the vax is perfect. That you won't get ill etc. The claim is that it helps protect, and reduce the risk of harmful symptoms. I'd say the surveillance suggests there is a strong data to support this. "

That"s not what the report of week 37 to 40 shows.

And it's not a question of if it's perfect or not. Is it effective or not? The data is showing it isn't. If it were, with an 80% coverage rate the rate of breakthrough infections or hospitalisations for vaxxed individuals would be substantially lower, and it isn't.

I'm not even going to go into what Luc Montaigne, Van den Bosch and other world renown scientists have raised regarding leaky vaccines and how they would drive the emergence of more and more variants.

I have nothing against people making a choice to get it despite so many unknowns however. It's a personal decision that no one should be penalised or discriminated for.

By *yes146Man  over a year ago

London / Bournemouth

Speedy recovery opp. All the best.

Cookstown

One glance at the infections vs deaths for pre and post vaccine is all that's needed.

Go on guys be brave nobody's going to make fun of you for believing.

Bristol

"Roughly about 17,000 double vax a day getting infections "

Infections not dying

Bristol

"One glance at the infections vs deaths for pre and post vaccine is all that's needed.

Go on guys be brave nobody's going to make fun of you for believing."

Believing what ?

By *_T_WWoman  over a year ago

Nr Leeds

I had my 2nd dose 6 months ago , and I tested positive a couple of days ago. Mines been like a really bad cold , but I’ve not been bed ridden just felt quite rough.

They say that after 6 months you still have protection but it’s about 60-70 % for the AZ which I had.

I was due my booster on Monday but that will be delayed.

Al I know is I’m grateful I had it, as I do not feel really bad and this is day 7 and I’m starting to feel a bit better .

Or if someone was hit by a bus/car/meteor but tested positive within28 days it was a covid related death isn't it just the daily figure (snap shot) that take this approach. They then use death certificates when looking at in depth analysis (which takes longer to come thru)

Iirc the two approaches were broadly consistent in numbers so the snap shot was seen as good enough.

Every death was recorded as covid related. Hope that’s changed "

It’s evidently changed as before the vaccine roll out pretty much every death was being put down to covid. After the roll out, people are now dying with underlying illnesses, funny old world how shit can be skewed so much but there’s nothing to see here.

pond

"I had my 2nd dose 6 months ago , and I tested positive a couple of days ago. Mines been like a really bad cold , but I’ve not been bed ridden just felt quite rough.

They say that after 6 months you still have protection but it’s about 60-70 % for the AZ which I had.

Al I know is I’m grateful I had it, as I do not feel really bad and this is day 7 and I’m starting to feel a bit better . "

One of my friend done antibody test after first and second dose. Both tests showed no antibodies at all so ....

Manchester (she/her)

"I had my 2nd dose 6 months ago , and I tested positive a couple of days ago. Mines been like a really bad cold , but I’ve not been bed ridden just felt quite rough.

Al I know is I’m grateful I had it, as I do not feel really bad and this is day 7 and I’m starting to feel a bit better .

One of my friend done antibody test after first and second dose. Both tests showed no antibodies at all so ...."

Some people don't develop antibodies. Unfortunately not all interventions work for all people.

Additionally, do you know what kind of antibody test it is? If it's testing for the nucleocapsid, rather than the spike, you won't get a positive result, because the nucleocapsid isn't present in the approved vaccines.

By *drianukMan  over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

Don't worry, don't panic. Make sure you obtain plenty of vitamin D and eat well

pond

"Don't worry, don't panic. Make sure you obtain plenty of vitamin D and eat well"

Good dick=good dose of vit D eaten well

There’s a few key points:

How long since you where vaccinated? Most people are losing resistance levels after 6 months or so.

Are you in Hospital? I think the answer is no and therefore you should perhaps count your blessings you are jabbed. With new strains gentlemen in your grouping have actually been fairly exposed to severe illness.

And yes… all the data is out there. When you look at the percentage of the population vaccinated and then figures in general there’s two very obvious conclusions: 1) you are far less likely to contract the virus if jabbed and 2) your chances of severe illness of death are massively decreased with the vaccine.

By *moothCriminal_xMan  over a year ago

Redditch

The jabs are about 90% effective so 10% will possibly contract covid and of these a high proportion will be symptomatic

Tin town

The facts over infection, admissions and deaths by age group are in the latest weekly covid vaccine surveillance report.

By *VfunGUY007Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Not very I'd say!!

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"Not very I'd say!! "

Why would you say that? What evidence do you have to say that?

By *imes_berksMan  over a year ago

Bracknell

Every death was recorded as covid related. Hope that’s changed

It’s evidently changed as before the vaccine roll out pretty much every death was being put down to covid. After the roll out, people are now dying with underlying illnesses, funny old world how shit can be skewed so much but there’s nothing to see here. "

That’s strange as the gov website still consistently reports deaths within 28 days of testing positive. No change then!

Numbers are irrelevant!

The vaccine does not stop you getting COVID-19! What it hopefully does do, is ensure that if you do catch COVID-19, you are less ill and less likely to die!

No vaccination, well I guess you just have to take your chance!

My 3 children have all just tested positive for Covid, they all live with me. I had my 3rd jab Tuesday and am negative

I'm the same, I had the vaccine almost as soon as my age group was called and day before yesterday I tested positive, I feel vile, my head feels like its melting from the inside out so I can't even imagine how bad the symptoms can be for unvaxed people

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

According to Public Health England, being vaccinated has reduced the chances of death due to covid be 90%. They extrapolate that the vaccines have already saved in excess of 100,000 lives in the UK.

» Add a new message to this topic