FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > 12-15 year olds jabs

12-15 year olds jabs

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *icolerobbie OP   Couple  over a year ago

walsall

Consent forms are going out to parents of school children for the vaccine.

To quote the jvci, “there is only a small advantage for children to receive the vaccine”.

If this is the case, why are the government pushing for these vaccinations? I’m guessing that it is to try and reduce the spread from the young to the older groups.

I’d love to hearyour thoughts, especially parents who are facing this. Would you vaccinate a healthy child?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's total horseshit

All over 50's were vaccinated end of last May ie 99%v of those who get it immunised.

All childhood vaccines are given to healthy children.

It is mostly because of childhood vaccines that we don't have many awful diseases that we did.

By *otlad2599Man  over a year ago

Mansfield

gov data say aug2020 360 deaths

gov data say aug2021 3900 deaths

what exaclty is the vaccine doing?

why isn't a single msm journalist addressing this.

#whocommitsgenocide ?

fill the gap history ________ itself

why were 2 million doses of midazolam perscribed in the care homes to elderly suffering with covid its like treating peanut allergy with dry roasted

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"gov data say aug2020 360 deaths

#whocommitsgenocide ?

why were 2 million doses of midazolam perscribed in the care homes to elderly suffering with covid its like treating peanut allergy with dry roasted"

Government link for your figures?

You do realise that the majority of the hospitalisations and deaths are of people who have not had 2 vaccine doses and the 2 weeks lag since the final dose, for immunity to develop? Presumably you understand the efficacy of the vaccines and how they have allowed you to have freedom from restrictions since July in England.

Mansfield

where the data? have you seen it NO you havnt because i have . and thats incorrect . youre lying to back your argument

Mansfield

1 min just getting it for you

Mansfield

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths

Mansfield

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkzRY6E3x68

Mansfield

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths

Mansfield

this is when you refuse to acknledge the data that beacuse it is easier to fool you than convince you youve been lied to

I have had both jabs but im not letting my 15 year old son get the vaccine

#whocommitsgenocide ?

why were 2 million doses of midazolam perscribed in the care homes to elderly suffering with covid its like treating peanut allergy with dry roasted"

Government Data is actually 2,989 so you are a thousand out. I got that from the Government Website.

"I have had both jabs but im not letting my 15 year old son get the vaccine "

Have you asked him if he wants it?

By *orset.JMan  over a year ago

Weymouth

https://www.bmj.com/content/374/bmj.n2157

From the BMJ last month.

One in 7 kids have symptoms of Long Covid past 15 weeks. Considering the numbers of teenagers unvaccinated- this is going to cause a huge legacy.

walsall

"https://www.bmj.com/content/374/bmj.n2157

From the BMJ last month.

One in 7 kids have symptoms of Long Covid past 15 weeks. Considering the numbers of teenagers unvaccinated- this is going to cause a huge legacy. "

This is what parents will for find confusing. It seems that the bmj and the jvci have opposing views.

walsall

"I have had both jabs but im not letting my 15 year old son get the vaccine "

What’s your reasoning or fear. A lot of double vaccinated parents seem to have the same opinion as yourself.

walsall

"All childhood vaccines are given to healthy children.

It is mostly because of childhood vaccines that we don't have many awful diseases that we did. "

Yes, agree. But the vaccine is to protect the child’s future health. It’s the convoluted advice that I am referring. It’s not the anti vaxxers, but professionals who can’t seem to agree.

By *elkieWoman  over a year ago

Durham

I have a teen with suspected long covid. That kid is getting antibody testing, the others are getting vaccinated.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

From the BMJ last month.

One in 7 kids have symptoms of Long Covid past 15 weeks. Considering the numbers of teenagers unvaccinated- this is going to cause a huge legacy.

This is what parents will for find confusing. It seems that the bmj and the jvci have opposing views. "

Along with the symptoms reported being mostly headaches and tiredness, which teenagers suffer from anyway, so is it covid or puberty changes. Interesting to note this is based on just over 13% of those asked responding, maybe the others didn’t have any long symptoms.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"where the data? have you seen it NO you havnt because i have . and thats incorrect . youre lying to back your argument "

Well figures from the govt daily update website say..

Deaths Aug 2020 278

Deaths Aug 2021 2998

Now by anyone's measure deaths are 10 times higher (well nearly 11). Not sure how that can be interpreted as a measure of success in any way.

"Consent forms are going out to parents of school children for the vaccine.

To quote the jvci, “there is only a small advantage for children to receive the vaccine”.

If this is the case, why are the government pushing for these vaccinations? I’m guessing that it is to try and reduce the spread from the young to the older groups.

I’d love to hearyour thoughts, especially parents who are facing this. Would you vaccinate a healthy child?"

As a parent... of course I’d vaccinate my ‘healthy’ child, the chance of complications is a fraction of the chance of serious illness from covid. My youngest child’s already spent a precautionary 5 days in hospital during the first wave after contracting C-19 and it would be remiss of me to not do everything I can to protect them from a second infection.

When I consider the fact I work in direct contact with C-19 patients and my boy obviously also goes to school then the reality is fairly clear... he is directly connected to the two largest infection groups in the U.K. for his sake, my parents (who help with care), his classmates, teachers and their extended families I think it’s the only responsible choice I have.

I can reassure myself on the way to school every day though... our choice to cross a busy road in order to give him an education carry’s a similar level of risk exposure compared to getting vaccinated when I consider the number the number of times we’ll do that crossing during his school life.

As for why is the government pushing these programmes... isn’t it obvious?

We stand at around 100 deaths a day nationwide, thats on the back of a hugely successful adult vaccination programme. If you compare our current infection rates they exceed our highest peak in this pandemic and they are sustained, there’s no sign of drop off yet. The good news is that peak would be killing 1000+ a day in previous times but we also need to consider we are moving swiftly into flu season and this year we won’t benefit from lockdowns etc that massively reduced its impacts in previous years. For the strain on the health service we need to do more, to reduce the chance of additional variations and perhaps a more deadly strain of the virus we need to reduce its spread as much as we can.

Weymouth

From the BMJ last month.

This is what parents will for find confusing. It seems that the bmj and the jvci have opposing views. "

Completely agree, it is very confusing but they are also completely against the international tend of vaccinating 12-18 year olds. Very frustrating indeed

"where the data? have you seen it NO you havnt because i have . and thats incorrect . youre lying to back your argument

Deaths Aug 2020 278

Deaths Aug 2021 2998

Now by anyone's measure deaths are 10 times higher (well nearly 11). Not sure how that can be interpreted as a measure of success in any way.

"

Why are you comparing dates and not time periods with like for like infection rates?

Surely even the most basic maths brain realises that is how you gauge the success or failure of the vaccination programme?

Weymouth

From the BMJ last month.

This is what parents will for find confusing. It seems that the bmj and the jvci have opposing views.

Along with the symptoms reported being mostly headaches and tiredness, which teenagers suffer from anyway, so is it covid or puberty changes. Interesting to note this is based on just over 13% of those asked responding, maybe the others didn’t have any long symptoms. "

This is a very narrow spectrum of clinical symptoms the WHO now defines many more symptoms.

It’s not the symptoms… it’s what in the long run this may lead to

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/doctors-warn-of-possible-rise-of-debilitating-nervous-system-disorder-in-patients-with-long-covid-19-1.5615322

Our health secretary is concerned about the rising number of Long Covid cases more because many people, including children will need long term treatment

On a mooch

From the BMJ last month.

Along with the symptoms reported being mostly headaches and tiredness, which teenagers suffer from anyway, so is it covid or puberty changes. Interesting to note this is based on just over 13% of those asked responding, maybe the others didn’t have any long symptoms.

This is a very narrow spectrum of clinical symptoms the WHO now defines many more symptoms.

It’s not the symptoms… it’s what in the long run this may lead to

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/doctors-warn-of-possible-rise-of-debilitating-nervous-system-disorder-in-patients-with-long-covid-19-1.5615322

Our health secretary is concerned about the rising number of Long Covid cases more because many people, including children will need long term treatment

"

It is but it is what was highlighted in the report posted. So much misinformation out there it is hard for the adults to have an appropriate discussion with their child and make a decision. Each family will make their own choice based on their circumstances. We’ve got a couple of months to think about it still and see what other information appears in the meantime.

Ever noticed how the same people who say "covid isn't even a problem because 99% survive" are the same people who say "the vaccine is dangerous because 1% of people have negative side effects".

Funny that.

It's up to the child, really.

Also, the reason it has been rolled out to this age group is not for the protection on the child, but those they come into contact with. How many times does this have to be said before people take notice?

Tin town

"where the data? have you seen it NO you havnt because i have . and thats incorrect . youre lying to back your argument

Deaths Aug 2020 278

Deaths Aug 2021 2998

Why are you comparing dates and not time periods with like for like infection rates?

Surely even the most basic maths brain realises that is how you gauge the success or failure of the vaccination programme? "

Well that's how you choose to measure it.

I think it's reasonable to compare any time period and that after a year of a "successful" vaccination effort and reasonably expect that after a year of effort and 90million doses that numbers would be lower now. Than when they started. Sometimes people get too caught up in the prevailing narrative and lose sight of the fact that over a year into our marvel we are still losing 3k a month people to this. There are those who wish to just crack on because we are jabbed and safe. And we can't live in fear but it's reasonable to be mindful and do what we can to stop infecting others.

I have three teens, just had forms through for them. I declined.

"It's up to the child, really.

Also, the reason it has been rolled out to this age group is not for the protection on the child, but those they come into contact with. How many times does this have to be said before people take notice? "

We live in a culture of "me me me" you cannot make people do things only for others without utter confusion.

Deaths Aug 2020 278

Deaths Aug 2021 2998

Surely even the most basic maths brain realises that is how you gauge the success or failure of the vaccination programme?

I think it's reasonable to compare any time period and that after a year of a "successful" vaccination effort and reasonably expect that after a year of effort and 90million doses that numbers would be lower now. Than when they started. Sometimes people get too caught up in the prevailing narrative and lose sight of the fact that over a year into our marvel we are still losing 3k a month people to this. There are those who wish to just crack on because we are jabbed and safe. And we can't live in fear but it's reasonable to be mindful and do what we can to stop infecting others. "

No I choose to measure it in the ways that affect my work. I look at the difference in patient admissions, the small percentage on covid related cat-1 calls compared to earlier this year. I look at the numbers only requiring the most basic of oxygen therapy compared to previous figures for ventilation or CPAP. I look at the average time for discharge and the reduction of those requiring oxygen to go home with.

You reference 3,000 deaths a month but you don’t reference the fact that total would be achieved in 2.5 days at periods that have the same infection rate. And as you correctly point out... that comparison also needs to reflect the fact we are now in an open society compared to a full lockdown.

I’m genuinely curious... how in your mind can that positive change in fortunes not be considered successful?

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Also, the reason it has been rolled out to this age group is not for the protection on the child, but those they come into contact with. How many times does this have to be said before people take notice?

We live in a culture of "me me me" you cannot make people do things only for others without utter confusion."

The rubella vaccine has no benefit for me. I don't have kids, I don't plan to have kids, and it's only really a risk to pregnant people and their babies.

If I was told (by a reliable source) that me taking a rubella only vaccine now would benefit parents and babies I'd never meet?

Here's my arm.

We live in a culture of "me me me" you cannot make people do things only for others without utter confusion."

You’re correct. I’m very selfish. My sole concern is that of the safety of MY children. Not strangers.

Both my children are in that age group and both will be having their covid vaccination. We've discussed it and the decision was ultimately theirs to make. I'm glad they came to the decision they did

We live in a culture of "me me me" you cannot make people do things only for others without utter confusion.

You’re correct. I’m very selfish. My sole concern is that of the safety of MY children. Not strangers."

You’ve talked in the past on these forums both about your own personal refusal to vaccinate and also your love of dermal fillers and cosmetic procedure.

Personally, I find it quite bizarre in terms of medical risk one is able to justify a vastly greater risk in the name of temporary beauty compared to the lesser risk related to safeguarding personal and indeed public long term health.

"You’re correct. I’m very selfish. My sole concern is that of the safety of MY children. Not strangers."

Exactly! The perfect example of the short sightedness I'm trying to highlight, because if everybody thought like that, we'd be screwed.

Maybe this is just natural selection at play?

"Ever noticed how the same people who say "covid isn't even a problem because 99% survive" are the same people who say "the vaccine is dangerous because 1% of people have negative side effects".

Funny that. "

Indeed.

Manchester (she/her)

"Ever noticed how the same people who say "covid isn't even a problem because 99% survive" are the same people who say "the vaccine is dangerous because 1% of people have negative side effects".

Funny that.

Indeed. "

There's an interesting article on our understanding of risk in this sphere - can't link, not permitted on Fab. Science Based Medicine, 8 October 2021 - The Trolley Problem and Vaccinating Young People Against Covid-19

Funny that.

Indeed.

There's an interesting article on our understanding of risk in this sphere - can't link, not permitted on Fab. Science Based Medicine, 8 October 2021 - The Trolley Problem and Vaccinating Young People Against Covid-19"

Cheers mate, I'll have a look

By *alfordLad77Man  over a year ago

Southport

"You’re correct. I’m very selfish. My sole concern is that of the safety of MY children. Not strangers.

Exactly! The perfect example of the short sightedness I'm trying to highlight, because if everybody thought like that, we'd be screwed.

Maybe this is just natural selection at play?"

I've said it numerous times on the forum but as a society we really are a selfish bunch of twats and it's sad to see. Where the fuck has community spirit and caring about fellow man/womankind gone?

If we all took an unvaccinated stance (adults & kids) then we'd have absolute carnage on our hands and way more than the 140,000 deaths currently. Ironically, those looking after #1 would be far more likely to be affected.

You’re correct. I’m very selfish. My sole concern is that of the safety of MY children. Not strangers.

You’ve talked in the past on these forums both about your own personal refusal to vaccinate and also your love of dermal fillers and cosmetic procedure.

Personally, I find it quite bizarre in terms of medical risk one is able to justify a vastly greater risk in the name of temporary beauty compared to the lesser risk related to safeguarding personal and indeed public long term health.

"

Yep. Quite right. I choose to have lots of cosmetic procedures done and I choose not to be vaccinated or have my children vacccibwted against vivid. That’s the fabulous thing about living in the uk - choice

"I've said it numerous times on the forum but as a society we really are a selfish bunch of twats and it's sad to see. Where the fuck has community spirit and caring about fellow man/womankind gone?

If we all took an unvaccinated stance (adults & kids) then we'd have absolute carnage on our hands and way more than the 140,000 deaths currently. Ironically, those looking after #1 would be far more likely to be affected."

Mate, look at the fuel problems recently?

Perfect example of how stupid and selfish as a majority we are. Utter morons.

People who don't even really go anywhere, out filling anything they can find with petrol because the mere thought of not having is terrifying.

No thoughts for those that NEED fuel, not thought of community. People fighting at petrol stations.

Good old British community spirit is almost dead isn't it?

When I grew up (in Salford funnily enough) there was a sense of community, people did for each other. My grandparents generation looked out for each other more than now.

The slow privatisation of the NHS is an example of this imo, people don't care because it doesn't impact them.

Social security nets are disappearing and people don't care because it's not them it impacts, and those using those safety nets are "lazy and have iPhones".

"I've said it numerous times on the forum but as a society we really are a selfish bunch of twats and it's sad to see. Where the fuck has community spirit and caring about fellow man/womankind gone?

If we all took an unvaccinated stance (adults & kids) then we'd have absolute carnage on our hands and way more than the 140,000 deaths currently. Ironically, those looking after #1 would be far more likely to be affected.

Mate, look at the fuel problems recently?

Perfect example of how stupid and selfish as a majority we are. Utter morons.

People who don't even really go anywhere, out filling anything they can find with petrol because the mere thought of not having is terrifying.

No thoughts for those that NEED fuel, not thought of community. People fighting at petrol stations.

Good old British community spirit is almost dead isn't it?

When I grew up (in Salford funnily enough) there was a sense of community, people did for each other. My grandparents generation looked out for each other more than now.

The slow privatisation of the NHS is an example of this imo, people don't care because it doesn't impact them.

Social security nets are disappearing and people don't care because it's not them it impacts, and those using those safety nets are "lazy and have iPhones".

"

Maybe time for you to go and live on your own little island without all of the selfish people around you hahaha

Vaccinations appear to have come to a near grinding halt according to the day figures, yet there are still approximately 20% of the population who are eligible who’ve not taken it up. And we wonder why we’ve got the highest Covid rates in Europe by a country mile.

Why are we still having this conversation????

By *imes_berksMan  over a year ago

Bracknell

Deaths Aug 2020 278

Deaths Aug 2021 2998

I think it's reasonable to compare any time period and that after a year of a "successful" vaccination effort and reasonably expect that after a year of effort and 90million doses that numbers would be lower now. Than when they started. Sometimes people get too caught up in the prevailing narrative and lose sight of the fact that over a year into our marvel we are still losing 3k a month people to this. There are those who wish to just crack on because we are jabbed and safe. And we can't live in fear but it's reasonable to be mindful and do what we can to stop infecting others. "

I’m afraid that comparing like for like monthly time periods is not scientific at all. Aug 2020 and the initial variant had blown through the country and cases were mostly below 1000 cases per day. Go to Aug 2021 and cases are consistently above 30,000 per day due to the delta variant. It’s obvious you cannot compare those months. Compare Jan 2021 with Aug 2021 to have approx comparable daily cases. Deaths in Jan 2021 were consistently above 1000 daily deaths compared to between 100 and 150 daily for Aug 2021. The vaccines are working. I haven’t even compared vaccinated vs unvaccinated in those figures either.

"

Maybe time for you to go and live on your own little island without all of the selfish people around you hahaha "

Don't need to go anywhere, these people are getting rid of themselves and their own families.

"

Maybe time for you to go and live on your own little island without all of the selfish people around you hahaha

Don't need to go anywhere, these people are getting rid of themselves and their own families."

Brill. Good stuff

By *traight_no_iceMan  over a year ago

Stoke

If all adults followed the science and did their part (get the vaccine, use masks and being in general socially responsible) maybe we would not have to vaccinate healthy children.

But at least in the UK (and other western european countries) the majority of adults get vaccinated. Obviously there will be adult people who do not get vaccinated (without having a good reason) and benefit from the effort of the others. It happens.

In the same way, the majority of the people are working while there are people who (without having a good reason) are on benefits and essentially benefit from the effort of the others.

It is a reality that we need to accept.

"Yep. Quite right. I choose to have lots of cosmetic procedures done and I choose not to be vaccinated or have my children vacccibwted against vivid. That’s the fabulous thing about living in the uk - choice "

Thankfully you’re in a tiny minority, especially amongst scousers.

Needless to say if and when your need urgent care due to necrosis caused by fillers, or one of your kids battles with long covid, or perhaps a relative fights for their life after being infected through yourselves... myself or my colleagues would treat you without hesitation, lord knows someone has to make up for the deficit that your outlook creates.

My daughters consent forms got sent out a few weeks ago and I was weighing up my options (I had my vaccine almost as soon as my age grouo was called up but I'm not sure on exactly how much benifits a young healthy 13 yr old will get from the jab) while I was thinking about it I timed out (not a big deal because I can take her to a walk in center if and when I decide that's what we want to do) while all the other kids with consent forms when off to go get there vaccines the kids who hadn't got there forms in all got taken to a room where a teacher reprimanded them for being selfish and lazy for not doing there bit which I thought was discraceful tbh

"My daughters consent forms got sent out a few weeks ago and I was weighing up my options (I had my vaccine almost as soon as my age grouo was called up but I'm not sure on exactly how much benifits a young healthy 13 yr old will get from the jab) while I was thinking about it I timed out (not a big deal because I can take her to a walk in center if and when I decide that's what we want to do) while all the other kids with consent forms when off to go get there vaccines the kids who hadn't got there forms in all got taken to a room where a teacher reprimanded them for being selfish and lazy for not doing there bit which I thought was discraceful tbh"

I can’t see any school doing that tbh. If it did then I can only guess it’s a one off school who are about to grace the front pages of the national press pretty shortly.

By *exy_HornyCouple  over a year ago

Leigh

Our daughter's school only sent the forms out last Friday. We can't understand why it took them so long, although it may be that they spent a long time writing the accompanying letter in such a way as to try and appease the anti-vaxxers.

It is our daughter's choice as to whether to get vaccinated, although by the time the school get round to it she may be 16 anyway so able to book a normal vaccination centre appointment.

By delaying so long the school / health board have let covid get a grip again as there are quite a few cases in each of her classes.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

I’m genuinely curious... how in your mind can that positive change in fortunes not be considered successful? "

I wouldn't say around 3000 deaths a month is a positive thing. People are still dying.

My boys are 14 and 15 both want the jab so will be having it

It's their choice to make

"

Don't need to go anywhere, these people are getting rid of themselves and their own families."

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Ok lets not get personal.

Brow beating people to get the jab probably won't work either, lets keep it to a discussion

On a mooch

"Our daughter's school only sent the forms out last Friday. We can't understand why it took them so long, although it may be that they spent a long time writing the accompanying letter in such a way as to try and appease the anti-vaxxers.

It is our daughter's choice as to whether to get vaccinated, although by the time the school get round to it she may be 16 anyway so able to book a normal vaccination centre appointment.

By delaying so long the school / health board have let covid get a grip again as there are quite a few cases in each of her classes."

We’ve not had anything as yet, only just got the flu consent form which is taking place end of November, so we’ve got a while to wait yet

"

I’m genuinely curious... how in your mind can that positive change in fortunes not be considered successful?

I wouldn't say around 3000 deaths a month is a positive thing. People are still dying.

"

I’m well aware, I deal with a number of them on a daily basis. Death is sadly a part of life, we can’t get away from that, there is no zero figure utopia.

In terms of covid-19 though, 100 deaths a day compared to 1000 is a huge difference, add to that the positive impact the end of lockdown has on other crucial areas such as oncology, mental health etc which have also suffered horrible increases in fatality rates over this time and it should be looked at as a massive positive.

That’s not celebrating 100 deaths, that’s celebrating over 900+ fatalities that are being avoided. Make no mistake, that’s what the c-19 vaccination programme has given us every day for the last month and I think it’s foolish to not celebrate that.

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

From the BMJ last month.

One in 7 kids have symptoms of Long Covid past 15 weeks. Considering the numbers of teenagers unvaccinated- this is going to cause a huge legacy. "

I haven’t followed link so sorry if I have this wrong but shouldn’t that read...

“One in 7 kids WHO HAVE HAD COVID have symptoms of long covid past 15 weeks”?

That is VERY different to 1 in 7 kids in terms of absolute numbers.

As I say, not read it so might be wrong, but it really matters to quote numbers in context.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

I’m well aware, I deal with a number of them on a daily basis. Death is sadly a part of life, we can’t get away from that, there is no zero figure utopia.

In terms of covid-19 though, 100 deaths a day compared to 1000 is a huge difference, add to that the positive impact the end of lockdown has on other crucial areas such as oncology, mental health etc which have also suffered horrible increases in fatality rates over this time and it should be looked at as a massive positive.

That’s not celebrating 100 deaths, that’s celebrating over 900+ fatalities that are being avoided. Make no mistake, that’s what the c-19 vaccination programme has given us every day for the last month and I think it’s foolish to not celebrate that."

We know you say you deal with it, it is mentioned a lot

You can celebrate the vaccine working well without saying the deaths now are collateral damage. I can't celebrate deaths sorry.

If only there was something we could have done to limit those deaths a bit further, like keeping mitigations going for a bit longer

By *wistedTooCouple  over a year ago

Frimley

I’d love to hearyour thoughts, especially parents who are facing this. Would you vaccinate a healthy child?"

Yeh because even a small additional help is better than nothing.

Tin town

Deaths Aug 2020 278

Deaths Aug 2021 2998

I think it's reasonable to compare any time period and that after a year of a "successful" vaccination effort and reasonably expect that after a year of effort and 90million doses that numbers would be lower now. Than when they started. Sometimes people get too caught up in the prevailing narrative and lose sight of the fact that over a year into our marvel we are still losing 3k a month people to this. There are those who wish to just crack on because we are jabbed and safe. And we can't live in fear but it's reasonable to be mindful and do what we can to stop infecting others.

I’m afraid that comparing like for like monthly time periods is not scientific at all. Aug 2020 and the initial variant had blown through the country and cases were mostly below 1000 cases per day. Go to Aug 2021 and cases are consistently above 30,000 per day due to the delta variant. It’s obvious you cannot compare those months. Compare Jan 2021 with Aug 2021 to have approx comparable daily cases. Deaths in Jan 2021 were consistently above 1000 daily deaths compared to between 100 and 150 daily for Aug 2021. The vaccines are working. I haven’t even compared vaccinated vs unvaccinated in those figures either."

The numbers are the numbers. They dont lie. If you choose to ignore that's fine. If you pause for even one second and think hangon, how is it that the numbers are higher now than before...? Not suggesting that vaccines are bad or not working for some people. Personally I suspect the bigger issue is a behavioural one but there is no information about that. The policy is to infect as many as possible before winter. After over 18 months of it we seem to have been indoctrinated to think 3000 deaths a month is something to label a success. I don't. That's my opinion.

Deaths Aug 2020 278

Deaths Aug 2021 2998

I’m afraid that comparing like for like monthly time periods is not scientific at all. Aug 2020 and the initial variant had blown through the country and cases were mostly below 1000 cases per day. Go to Aug 2021 and cases are consistently above 30,000 per day due to the delta variant. It’s obvious you cannot compare those months. Compare Jan 2021 with Aug 2021 to have approx comparable daily cases. Deaths in Jan 2021 were consistently above 1000 daily deaths compared to between 100 and 150 daily for Aug 2021. The vaccines are working. I haven’t even compared vaccinated vs unvaccinated in those figures either."

Please explain to me how the delta variant is detected and also how it can be shown to be the delta variant opposed to the previous strain. Cheers

By *ohnj21Man  over a year ago

Leeds

Deaths Aug 2020 278

Deaths Aug 2021 2998

I’m afraid that comparing like for like monthly time periods is not scientific at all. Aug 2020 and the initial variant had blown through the country and cases were mostly below 1000 cases per day. Go to Aug 2021 and cases are consistently above 30,000 per day due to the delta variant. It’s obvious you cannot compare those months. Compare Jan 2021 with Aug 2021 to have approx comparable daily cases. Deaths in Jan 2021 were consistently above 1000 daily deaths compared to between 100 and 150 daily for Aug 2021. The vaccines are working. I haven’t even compared vaccinated vs unvaccinated in those figures either.

The numbers are the numbers. They dont lie. If you choose to ignore that's fine. If you pause for even one second and think hangon, how is it that the numbers are higher now than before...? Not suggesting that vaccines are bad or not working for some people. Personally I suspect the bigger issue is a behavioural one but there is no information about that. The policy is to infect as many as possible before winter. After over 18 months of it we seem to have been indoctrinated to think 3000 deaths a month is something to label a success. I don't. That's my opinion. "

My question is how come other countries getting 3 k deaths a month.

Why we so far behind other countries

Leeds

Other countries got a lot less deaths whyyyyyyy

"We know you say you deal with it, it is mentioned a lot

You can celebrate the vaccine working well without saying the deaths now are collateral damage. I can't celebrate deaths sorry.

If only there was something we could have done to limit those deaths a bit further, like keeping mitigations going for a bit longer"

There’s no celebrating deaths so please don’t twist the statement, as I very clearly said 900 lives unaffected every day is however a wonderful outcome.

Your viewpoint is fairly idealistic to be honest. C-19 has a horrific impact on physical, mental and economic health beyond patients with breathing difficulties. I am confident that opening up of society needed to happen fairly desperately and the timing in which it has occurred has saved more lives than it has cost.

I can only quote for Manchester but by the end of lockdown the deaths from missed cancer screenings or other early diagnosis dependent illnesses, suicides etc far exceeded the current daily C-19 toll within the region.

How exactly do you believe more lives could be saved?

Leeds

"

That’s not celebrating 100 deaths, that’s celebrating over 900+ fatalities that are being avoided. Make no mistake, that’s what the c-19 vaccination programme has given us every day for the last month and I think it’s foolish to not celebrate that."

How can we be happy that we have higher deaths figures than nearly every country in the world why should accept high deaths. Why is is it so bad

Bracknell

Deaths Aug 2020 278

Deaths Aug 2021 2998

The numbers are the numbers. They dont lie. If you choose to ignore that's fine. If you pause for even one second and think hangon, how is it that the numbers are higher now than before...? Not suggesting that vaccines are bad or not working for some people. Personally I suspect the bigger issue is a behavioural one but there is no information about that. The policy is to infect as many as possible before winter. After over 18 months of it we seem to have been indoctrinated to think 3000 deaths a month is something to label a success. I don't. That's my opinion. "

Yep and you are allowed your opinion. From your replies I can deduce that it’s not a scientific one

Leeds

What death rates in Europe

We have now slipped to 12thbest vaccination rates

Can anyone explain why are death rates alit higher than Europe

Deaths Aug 2020 278

Deaths Aug 2021 2998

You do realise that covid-19 infection surges are not date related, no? This virus does not work to a repeated annual schedule.

Bracknell

Deaths Aug 2020 278

Deaths Aug 2021 2998

Please explain to me how the delta variant is detected and also how it can be shown to be the delta variant opposed to the previous strain. Cheers"

From a quick look on the Internet;

In the seven days prior to 15 September 2021, there had been 64,579 new Delta cases reported. The strain with the second most occurrences in the same time period is the Alpha variant, of which there have been 126 new cases.

With regards to how they detect which variant, please google;

Methods for the detection and identification of SARS-CoV-2 variants

"My daughters consent forms got sent out a few weeks ago and I was weighing up my options (I had my vaccine almost as soon as my age grouo was called up but I'm not sure on exactly how much benifits a young healthy 13 yr old will get from the jab) while I was thinking about it I timed out (not a big deal because I can take her to a walk in center if and when I decide that's what we want to do) while all the other kids with consent forms when off to go get there vaccines the kids who hadn't got there forms in all got taken to a room where a teacher reprimanded them for being selfish and lazy for not doing there bit which I thought was discraceful tbh"

I'm sorry but Do you have any proof that that happened because I am exceptionally doubtful.

"

"

It most certainly isn't positive but we have no way of knowing how big that number would be if there hadn't been a huge percentage of vaccinated people.

Tin town

Deaths Aug 2020 278

Deaths Aug 2021 2998

The numbers are the numbers. They dont lie. If you choose to ignore that's fine. If you pause for even one second and think hangon, how is it that the numbers are higher now than before...? Not suggesting that vaccines are bad or not working for some people. Personally I suspect the bigger issue is a behavioural one but there is no information about that. The policy is to infect as many as possible before winter. After over 18 months of it we seem to have been indoctrinated to think 3000 deaths a month is something to label a success. I don't. That's my opinion.

Yep and you are allowed your opinion. From your replies I can deduce that it’s not a scientific one"

Deduce as you must.

It's based on numbers that are available.

Why does it need to be a scientific one? Who made scientists the gods of all things? Are you of the opinion that all scientists are "right" and all have the same opinion? Or just the ones that you agree with?

Tin town

Deaths Aug 2020 278

Deaths Aug 2021 2998

You do realise that covid-19 infection surges are not date related, no? This virus does not work to a repeated annual schedule.

"

Yes I do realise that.

Bracknell

Deaths Aug 2020 278

Deaths Aug 2021 2998

Yep and you are allowed your opinion. From your replies I can deduce that it’s not a scientific one

Deduce as you must.

Why does it need to be a scientific one? Who made scientists the gods of all things? Are you of the opinion that all scientists are "right" and all have the same opinion? Or just the ones that you agree with? "

Yes it’s based on available numbers and you are ignoring the number of cases . Simple science ho hum

"My daughters consent forms got sent out a few weeks ago and I was weighing up my options (I had my vaccine almost as soon as my age grouo was called up but I'm not sure on exactly how much benifits a young healthy 13 yr old will get from the jab) while I was thinking about it I timed out (not a big deal because I can take her to a walk in center if and when I decide that's what we want to do) while all the other kids with consent forms when off to go get there vaccines the kids who hadn't got there forms in all got taken to a room where a teacher reprimanded them for being selfish and lazy for not doing there bit which I thought was discraceful tbh

I'm sorry but Do you have any proof that that happened because I am exceptionally doubtful. "

Yes I sent my daughter to school with an fbi style wire to record the whole thing because my crystal ball told me that would be what happend . Of course I don't have proof just the word of my daughter who come home and told me that the half dozen kids who didn't go to the hall to have the jab all went to a classroom to continue lessons and the teacher went on a mini rant at them, I believe my daughter there are plenty of people who feel strongly enough about everyone getting vaxed that they feel they have the right to speak out against people who feel differently, it's not like it was set up by the school to happen just a teacher who felt like she should have her say, it's really not that deep, I thought about going in and complaining but what would be the point

Bracknell

Deaths Aug 2020 278

Deaths Aug 2021 2998

Deduce as you must.

Why does it need to be a scientific one? Who made scientists the gods of all things? Are you of the opinion that all scientists are "right" and all have the same opinion? Or just the ones that you agree with? "

Additionally not sure where you are going with the scientist rambles. I never mentioned them

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

We know you say you deal with it, it is mentioned a lot

If only there was something we could have done to limit those deaths a bit further, like keeping mitigations going for a bit longer

There’s no celebrating deaths so please don’t twist the statement, as I very clearly said 900 lives unaffected every day is however a wonderful outcome.

Your viewpoint is fairly idealistic to be honest. C-19 has a horrific impact on physical, mental and economic health beyond patients with breathing difficulties. I am confident that opening up of society needed to happen fairly desperately and the timing in which it has occurred has saved more lives than it has cost.

I can only quote for Manchester but by the end of lockdown the deaths from missed cancer screenings or other early diagnosis dependent illnesses, suicides etc far exceeded the current daily C-19 toll within the region.

How exactly do you believe more lives could be saved?

"

I didn't twist anything, you said we should be celebrating as lives are being saved by the vaccine, no one is saying they have not, I said I can't celebrate that we have fewer deaths as you suggested.

I am aware of what we have had to limit in terms of treatments for other things, you don't have to work for the NHS to know this, I also know we had to open up at some point.

Mitigations like other countries and even Scotland are still doing while still opening up may have saved more people from dying.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

It most certainly isn't positive but we have no way of knowing how big that number would be if there hadn't been a huge percentage of vaccinated people. "

This is the thing, I actually don't think saying we have saved other lives with the jab will make me ever think that the deaths now are a positive thing

We are losing 2 to 3 plane loads a week and it doesn't seem an issue or reported much on, as if they don't matter because it is less than what it was

Frimley

This whole virus forum section is absolutely full of hate lol.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"This whole virus forum section is absolutely full of hate lol."

Hate for what?

Frimley

"This whole virus forum section is absolutely full of hate lol.

Hate for what?"

Each other. The arguing sometimes gets a bit over the top.

"

It most certainly isn't positive but we have no way of knowing how big that number would be if there hadn't been a huge percentage of vaccinated people.

This is the thing, I actually don't think saying we have saved other lives with the jab will make me ever think that the deaths now are a positive thing

We are losing 2 to 3 plane loads a week and it doesn't seem an issue or reported much on, as if they don't matter because it is less than what it was

"

I Think is reported on but

definitely not as much but my thinking was because it's part of us just learning to live with this. Still way to many people losing their lives. I don't like how some people seem to think that because somebody's died you was unvaccinated somehow it doesn't matter.

"This whole virus forum section is absolutely full of hate lol."

Is it?

Yes there have been hateful comments but you get that in all sections of the forums. Disagreeing and having a debate even if it gets heated (not nasty) is seen as a bad thing but I don't think it is.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"This whole virus forum section is absolutely full of hate lol.

Hate for what?

Each other. The arguing sometimes gets a bit over the top. "

Others will see it as debating a subject / post. Saying provocative things like this just sends a debate a different way

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

definitely not as much but my thinking was because it's part of us just learning to live with this. Still way to many people losing their lives. I don't like how some people seem to think that because somebody's died you was unvaccinated somehow it doesn't matter. "

They are not all unvaccinated.

By *wings_n_RoundaboutsMan  over a year ago

The North

All those on here who will willfully oppose the JVCI advice and side with this Tory government - good luck!

walsall

"All those on here who will willfully oppose the JVCI advice and side with this Tory government - good luck!

"

The question is, who is right?

A few spikey comments in here !

Even as someone who leans towards vaccines, I don't envy parents trying to navigate this and I am sure everyone is acting in what they see as the interests of their kids.

And it's not easy. The scientists just about edge towards their being a slight benefit for vaccines... But they are, I assume, looking at an aggregate level. Possibly why they didn't advocate it but deferred ... I suspect you need decent clear water to be comfortable that you have the balance right at an individual level.

We should appreciate that we make different risk based decisions everyday, and I'm fairly sure we are not all internally consistent with our approach to risk. After all we argue all day bout this, but probably take bigger risks each day crossing the road, just to get somewhere a few seconds early !!

"

definitely not as much but my thinking was because it's part of us just learning to live with this. Still way to many people losing their lives. I don't like how some people seem to think that because somebody's died you was unvaccinated somehow it doesn't matter.

They are not all unvaccinated. "

I didn't say they are.

Well my 13yr old has informed me that she's had it. I did let her make her own choice on the matter, but I personally would have preferred her not to get it.

As for reducing the spread, that's utter nonsense. The vaccine doesn't stop you catching or spreading it

I’d love to hearyour thoughts, especially parents who are facing this. Would you vaccinate a healthy child?

Well my 13yr old has informed me that she's had it. I did let her make her own choice on the matter, but I personally would have preferred her not to get it.

As for reducing the spread, that's utter nonsense. The vaccine doesn't stop you catching or spreading it "

We don't know that is entirely true. There is evidence that suggests if you contract covid from a vaccinated person it's a lower dose but I'm not a scientist.

walsall

"A few spikey comments in here !

Even as someone who leans towards vaccines, I don't envy parents trying to navigate this and I am sure everyone is acting in what they see as the interests of their kids.

And it's not easy. The scientists just about edge towards their being a slight benefit for vaccines... But they are, I assume, looking at an aggregate level. Possibly why they didn't advocate it but deferred ... I suspect you need decent clear water to be comfortable that you have the balance right at an individual level.

We should appreciate that we make different risk based decisions everyday, and I'm fairly sure we are not all internally consistent with our approach to risk. After all we argue all day bout this, but probably take bigger risks each day crossing the road, just to get somewhere a few seconds early !!"

I personally agree with this. I think it’s important to involve the child. The problem is, how about if it’s your child that is the one who gets all the nastiest side effects and ends up ill or worse. Would we still be happy that it was for the good of the masses?

walsall

As for reducing the spread, that's utter nonsense. The vaccine doesn't stop you catching or spreading it

We don't know that is entirely true. There is evidence that suggests if you contract covid from a vaccinated person it's a lower dose but I'm not a scientist. "

Agreed, but the raw virus can still be passed around on things that we touch as well don’t forget. There would be no difference if vaccinated or not in this instance.

We don't know that is entirely true. There is evidence that suggests if you contract covid from a vaccinated person it's a lower dose but I'm not a scientist.

Agreed, but the raw virus can still be passed around on things that we touch as well don’t forget. There would be no difference if vaccinated or not in this instance."

True but I think the majority of people that are infected is due to close contact. Obviously washing our hands regularly will help.

We don't know that is entirely true. There is evidence that suggests if you contract covid from a vaccinated person it's a lower dose but I'm not a scientist. "

They have said it!! It doesn't stop you catching it or passing it on! You can also still get seriously ill and die.

They have said it!! It doesn't stop you catching it or passing it on! You can also still get seriously ill and die. "

Yes they have said that but your 1st statement was untrue that it doesn't have any effect on spread because it does just not as much as first hoped.

By *anesjhCouple  over a year ago

LONDON.

They have said it!! It doesn't stop you catching it or passing it on! You can also still get seriously ill and die. "

That's the truth.

"vacccibwted against vivid. "

Botox makes you talk funny!

Manchester (she/her)

A well regarded immunologist in the US recently said that the vaccines make you 10-20x less likely to spread Covid.

I'm not letting the perfect be the enemy of the good - and to me, that's bloody good.

Tin town

"

They are not all unvaccinated. "

From the report for the 4 weeks 36 to 39..

Total deaths with covid 3026

Total unvaccinated 752.

Source..

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk › ...PDF

Web results

COVID-19 vaccine surveillance report - week 40 - GOV.UK

Tin town

"

Total unvaccinated 752.

Source..

Web results

COVID-19 vaccine surveillance report - week 40 - GOV.UK"

and from the same report.

No of infections in under 18 years..

305428, unvaccinated... 272981,

deaths 6 unvaccinated 2

Hospitalisations 486, unvaccinated 455

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

Cookstown

"

Many of the people dying haven't been vaccinated

Check the number of infections vs deaths for both periods

By *anshee99Woman  over a year ago

nw

My teen has had 14 close contacts in 6 months.

I've had none...

They are the spreaders. Too bloody right I signed that form.

My 13 and 14 year old have been vaccinated a month now.

So far no third eyes or tails have sprouted.

"A few spikey comments in here !

We should appreciate that we make different risk based decisions everyday, and I'm fairly sure we are not all internally consistent with our approach to risk. After all we argue all day bout this, but probably take bigger risks each day crossing the road, just to get somewhere a few seconds early !!

I personally agree with this. I think it’s important to involve the child. The problem is, how about if it’s your child that is the one who gets all the nastiest side effects and ends up ill or worse. Would we still be happy that it was for the good of the masses?"

the psychology of decision making accounts for a lot, especially temperal discounting.

Eg IF your child had side effects you'd know it was directly from your decision. Whether this was right "on balance" i can one may blame themselves big style.

If you didn't vaccinate your kif and they suffered you would still feel bad, but there may be a small voice that says "they may have suffered anyway so I may not have made the wrong decision"

Plus that outcome may be a while into the future so feels less painful when thinking about it today (especially if you say there's lots of IFs, it feels more unlikely even if it's not)

Like I say, we make irrational (from the sense of a computer) decisions all the time. It's part of being human. Jumping on people because they make a decision you disagree with is a bit shit. Help show them your workings for sure. Correct missinterpretations of stats. Great. Judge them for seeing the same borderline data and judge them... That's poor. Very human.... Which is in itself contradictory!!

[Removed by poster at 12/10/21 18:45:01]

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Total unvaccinated 752.

Source..

Web results

COVID-19 vaccine surveillance report - week 40 - GOV.UK"

That surprises me, I thought it would be the other way round.

The way it's going at our school every teen will have caught covid by half term anyway and there will be no need for a vaccination. Not for this year anyway.

"

Total unvaccinated 752.

Source..

Web results

That surprises me, I thought it would be the other way round."

I thought it was too so did a little research.

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2021/sep/13/fully-vaccinated-people-account-for-12-of-englands-covid-19-deaths

Is one of the sources and its still suggests you are far more likely to die if you have not been vaccinated.

By *ideoutMan  over a year ago

Greater Manchester, North West

Look at sweden figures...

Herd immunity..... Lowest in europe

"Look at sweden figures...

Herd immunity..... Lowest in europe"

You might want to look at that again because that isn't true. Several European countries have lover death rates than Sweden including Ireland.

There care home deaths is the 7th highest in Europe.

"

Total unvaccinated 752.

Source..

Web results

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2021/sep/13/fully-vaccinated-people-account-for-12-of-englands-covid-19-deaths

Is one of the sources and its still suggests you are far more likely to die if you have not been vaccinated. "

Majority of ppl are vaccinated tho. So that creates a numerical bias towards vaccinated. Page 15 is telling. It's c 3x to 5x the death rate per 100000 for unvax v Vax.

"

Total unvaccinated 752.

Source..

Web results

Is one of the sources and its still suggests you are far more likely to die if you have not been vaccinated.

Majority of ppl are vaccinated tho. So that creates a numerical bias towards vaccinated. Page 15 is telling. It's c 3x to 5x the death rate per 100000 for unvax v Vax. "

Yes of course it's like when people say but more people that have been vaccinated are getting infected. Because like you said over 90% of the adult population has now had at least one vaccination and the vast majority of that have now had 2.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

You might want to look at that again because that isn't true. Several European countries have lover death rates than Sweden including Ireland.

There care home deaths is the 7th highest in Europe."

And that is with pretty much the highest spend per capita on health in the world and a vaccinated only just below ours.

Manchester (she/her)

And that is with pretty much the highest spend per capita on health in the world and a vaccinated only just below ours."

Yeah, that's an appalling performance. Who'd have thought, huh?

And that is with pretty much the highest spend per capita on health in the world and a vaccinated only just below ours.

Yeah, that's an appalling performance. Who'd have thought, huh?"

Yes I don't understand why people are still using Sweden as an example of how well herd immunity works.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Total unvaccinated 752.

Source..

Web results

Is one of the sources and its still suggests you are far more likely to die if you have not been vaccinated. "

That article was data between Jan and July , the above data is October.

I believe the vaccine will help against covid otherwise I wouldn't have got it, but the data can't be ignored.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

My 15 year old daughter has decided not to have it because she doesn't want a deformed baby in the future. Her words, her choice.

Pal they will call you a conspiracy theorist but people with common sense have already listened to the warnings. This is sinister Bond villain shit that’s happening world wide but the world is overpopulated and it wouldn’t work if they openly admit they need to kill a few billion off. And all this from someone eating a bat that they have been eating that shit for years. Some people still believe in farther Christmas

"Pal they will call you a conspiracy theorist but people with common sense have already listened to the warnings. This is sinister Bond villain shit that’s happening world wide but the world is overpopulated and it wouldn’t work if they openly admit they need to kill a few billion off. And all this from someone eating a bat that they have been eating that shit for years. Some people still believe in farther Christmas "

If they were trying to kill off a few billion they didn't do very well did they.

Tin town

"

Total unvaccinated 752.

Source..

Web results

Majority of ppl are vaccinated tho. So that creates a numerical bias towards vaccinated. Page 15 is telling. It's c 3x to 5x the death rate per 100000 for unvax v Vax.

Yes of course it's like when people say but more people that have been vaccinated are getting infected. Because like you said over 90% of the adult population has now had at least one vaccination and the vast majority of that have now had 2. "

That's why words are important. The point I was responding to was "most people / more people dying are unvaccinated. Which is inaccurate as most are vaccinated.

If you're talking rates per 100k. There's some interesting anomalies. Like infection.. if you're over 30 you're more likely to be infected if you are vaccinated than if you're not vaccinated and in fact if you're 40 to 49, twice as likely.

But for hospitalisations and deaths youre at least 2 times as likely to be hospitalised or die if you're not vaccinated for older age groups.. . And it seems to be even more effective the younger age group you are (though could that because the effect of the vax is waning in older age groups?)

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Yep. Quite right. I choose to have lots of cosmetic procedures done and I choose not to be vaccinated or have my children vacccibwted against vivid. That’s the fabulous thing about living in the uk - choice "

The inability to comprehend and weight up relative risks isn’t down to choice, it’s partly down to nature and partly down to nurture. Some of us are just born to make bad calls in life. Your “free choice” decisions are largely decided long before you even consider them.

"

Total unvaccinated 752.

Source..

Web results

Yes of course it's like when people say but more people that have been vaccinated are getting infected. Because like you said over 90% of the adult population has now had at least one vaccination and the vast majority of that have now had 2.

That's why words are important. The point I was responding to was "most people / more people dying are unvaccinated. Which is inaccurate as most are vaccinated.

If you're talking rates per 100k. There's some interesting anomalies. Like infection.. if you're over 30 you're more likely to be infected if you are vaccinated than if you're not vaccinated and in fact if you're 40 to 49, twice as likely.

But for hospitalisations and deaths youre at least 2 times as likely to be hospitalised or die if you're not vaccinated for older age groups.. . And it seems to be even more effective the younger age group you are (though could that because the effect of the vax is waning in older age groups?)

"

cases is also a function of testing. Given 30 - 50 is a good proportion of the working population, I can believe those that are vaccinated are also those who are testing regularly. The unvax are more head in sand. (It's a hypothesis).

Tin town

"

Total unvaccinated 752.

Source..

Web results

cases is also a function of testing. Given 30 - 50 is a good proportion of the working population, I can believe those that are vaccinated are also those who are testing regularly. The unvax are more head in sand. (It's a hypothesis). "

Bit of prejudice there mate. Those who can't or won't are head in the sand.? Those who are vaxed are testing regularly? Some big assumptions there.

"

Total unvaccinated 752.

Source..

Web results

cases is also a function of testing. Given 30 - 50 is a good proportion of the working population, I can believe those that are vaccinated are also those who are testing regularly. The unvax are more head in sand. (It's a hypothesis).

Bit of prejudice there mate. Those who can't or won't are head in the sand.? Those who are vaxed are testing regularly? Some big assumptions there. "

it's a hypothesis that explains the anomoly. Maybe I've added some emotion, but is it believable that vaccinated test more ? I think so. And of they test more, would you see more cases. Id say yes. So it explains it.

The alternative reality is something about the vaccine makes certain ages more susceptible. That is possible but I'm not sure i understand how.

Both could be true. I'm open to both. Im not sure if I can prove my hypothesis... But someone with access to data (eg HMG) could.

teleford

"

Total unvaccinated 752.

Source..

Web results

Bit of prejudice there mate. Those who can't or won't are head in the sand.? Those who are vaxed are testing regularly? Some big assumptions there. "

I would say fair and reasonable assumptions based on my experience. Those I know who are strongly anti vaccine are generally also strongly anti testing. What I would add though is there may be a gradual fading in testing in those who are vaccinated, only so many times getting a negative result each time one has the sniffles starts to become tedious.

"

Total unvaccinated 752.

Source..

Web results

Bit of prejudice there mate. Those who can't or won't are head in the sand.? Those who are vaxed are testing regularly? Some big assumptions there.

I would say fair and reasonable assumptions based on my experience. Those I know who are strongly anti vaccine are generally also strongly anti testing. What I would add though is there may be a gradual fading in testing in those who are vaccinated, only so many times getting a negative result each time one has the sniffles starts to become tedious."

may depend on where you work... I'm asked to do frequently. Because as we know, vaccine doesn't mean you can't catch and spread it !!

By *heNaturistCoupleCouple  over a year ago

crewe

From the BMJ last month.

It's mixed messaging, mention the yellow card system and the pro vaccine people say, that's self reporting and can't be trusted then they say look at the long covid figures and the anti vaccine brigade say that's self reporting and can't be trusted!.

crewe

Vaccine efficacies are based on risk reduction, the higher your risk the better the risk reduction, the lower your risk the lower the risk reduction.

ONS figures show a hospitalisation rate of 7 per 100k in the 0-18 age range.

Deaths can't be measured at per 100k and get moved to per million it's roughly 4-5 per million.

Based on this risk you'd have to ask yourself what's the efficacy of the risk reduction?.

Now cases are indeed where the lesser lies, you will indeed get less cases with vaccinated to unvaccinated roughly around 50% less.

The JVCIs conclusion was it was unjustifiable to expect this group to inherit risk from vaccination to save over 80 year olds(whom still make up most deaths) for a few extra years of life, every 80+ year old I've asked about this actually agreed with that statement.

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

Cookstown

I guess they are sending out consent forms to give people a choice.

Is choice a bad thing ?

By *ombikerMan  over a year ago

the right side of the river

All your doubts will be answered if you look for a letter of liability, that is a letter stating the pharm company /school/ nhs/ government, somebody, anybody will take full responsibility and liability for any adverse effect from the jab

Tin town

"

Total unvaccinated 752.

Source..

Web results

Bit of prejudice there mate. Those who can't or won't are head in the sand.? Those who are vaxed are testing regularly? Some big assumptions there. it's a hypothesis that explains the anomoly. Maybe I've added some emotion, but is it believable that vaccinated test more ? I think so. And of they test more, would you see more cases. Id say yes. So it explains it.

The alternative reality is something about the vaccine makes certain ages more susceptible. That is possible but I'm not sure i understand how.

Both could be true. I'm open to both. Im not sure if I can prove my hypothesis... But someone with access to data (eg HMG) could. "

Or...

Most people I know are double jabbed.. Or at least say they are. And they don't seem to be taking many if any precautions... Conversely I don't meet many / any who claim not to be jabbed. What I'm saying is...i would observe that those who are jabbed are more likely to be spreading it because they feel immortal. Either way I'm not sure how helpful it is to have a narrative that allows a tiny percentage of people to be bastardised as selfish, careless, foolish, spreaders, dangerous etc.. It could be that they are none of those things.

Tin town

"Vaccine efficacies are based on risk reduction, the higher your risk the better the risk reduction, the lower your risk the lower the risk reduction.

Deaths can't be measured at per 100k and get moved to per million it's roughly 4-5 per million.

Based on this risk you'd have to ask yourself what's the efficacy of the risk reduction?.

Now cases are indeed where the lesser lies, you will indeed get less cases with vaccinated to unvaccinated roughly around 50% less.

The JVCIs conclusion was it was unjustifiable to expect this group to inherit risk from vaccination to save over 80 year olds(whom still make up most deaths) for a few extra years of life, every 80+ year old I've asked about this actually agreed with that statement."

But that's not what the latest covid vaccine report data shows. Which is that above age 30. More cases have been reported for people vaccinated than are unvaccinated. In 40 to 49 age group the vaccinated are twice as likely to have been infected. That's for the weeks 36 to 39. Next report is due out tomorrow.

All your doubts will be answered if you look for a letter of liability, that is a letter stating the pharm company /school/ nhs/ government, somebody, anybody will take full responsibility and liability for any adverse effect from the jab"

The pharma companies have already been given assurance from the government that they will not be held liable for any adverse effects from the jab! Unlike when thalidomide or measles jab was introduced that cost 10's of millions in each country in compensation it was used in but people are still suffering from the after effects of it unfortunately

Durham

All your doubts will be answered if you look for a letter of liability, that is a letter stating the pharm company /school/ nhs/ government, somebody, anybody will take full responsibility and liability for any adverse effect from the jab

The pharma companies have already been given assurance from the government that they will not be held liable for any adverse effects from the jab! Unlike when thalidomide or measles jab was introduced that cost 10's of millions in each country in compensation it was used in but people are still suffering from the after effects of it unfortunately "

Thalidomide is not a vaccine and the mistake happened 60 years ago science has moved on a lot since then, they had no idea about the effects of chirality back them. The measles vaccine has been a massive success and no great scandal apart from grifters like Wakefield trying to make money spreading BS.

crewe

"Vaccine efficacies are based on risk reduction, the higher your risk the better the risk reduction, the lower your risk the lower the risk reduction.

The JVCIs conclusion was it was unjustifiable to expect this group to inherit risk from vaccination to save over 80 year olds(whom still make up most deaths) for a few extra years of life, every 80+ year old I've asked about this actually agreed with that statement.

But that's not what the latest covid vaccine report data shows. Which is that above age 30. More cases have been reported for people vaccinated than are unvaccinated. In 40 to 49 age group the vaccinated are twice as likely to have been infected. That's for the weeks 36 to 39. Next report is due out tomorrow. "

That's because there above age 30 and this thread and my point was aimed and specifically said aged 0-18!, are you trying to conflate my statement by saying this isn't true and then completely use figures that are nothing to do with what I wrote?, it would appear you are.

If you vaccinate 50 million people with a transmission rate reduced by around 35% due to vaccination, how many cases would you expect to the 5 million left unvaccinated with a higher transmission rate due to being unvaccinated but only being 5 million compared to 50 million?.

This really isn't rocket science.

I will also add that the vast majority left unvaccinated are almost exclusively under 21 and due to having a far better and effective immune system will almost certainly have a lower transmission rate due to innate immunity.

But that's not what the latest covid vaccine report data shows. Which is that above age 30. More cases have been reported for people vaccinated than are unvaccinated. In 40 to 49 age group the vaccinated are twice as likely to have been infected. That's for the weeks 36 to 39. Next report is due out tomorrow. "

as above, you cant conclude twice as likely when you cant control for testing frequency. Reporting having it isn't the same as having it.

There is also the question of if this is the right measure to look at ... I'd be more inclined to focus on hospitalisations or deaths. .

I've also list track why we are looking at 40yo in this thread !!!

The pharma companies have already been given assurance from the government that they will not be held liable for any adverse effects from the jab! Unlike when thalidomide or measles jab was introduced that cost 10's of millions in each country in compensation it was used in but people are still suffering from the after effects of it unfortunately

Thalidomide is not a vaccine and the mistake happened 60 years ago science has moved on a lot since then, they had no idea about the effects of chirality back them. The measles vaccine has been a massive success and no great scandal apart from grifters like Wakefield trying to make money spreading BS."

This "mistake" that happened 60 years ago was a rapidly introduced drug, which was, predominantly, produced by GMBH. This company then became Pfizer, a coincidence?? I think not...

Durham

Thalidomide is not a vaccine and the mistake happened 60 years ago science has moved on a lot since then, they had no idea about the effects of chirality back them. The measles vaccine has been a massive success and no great scandal apart from grifters like Wakefield trying to make money spreading BS.

This "mistake" that happened 60 years ago was a rapidly introduced drug, which was, predominantly, produced by GMBH. This company then became Pfizer, a coincidence?? I think not... "

Incorrect. Thalidomide wasn't quickly introduced the problem came about when it was used for something it wasn't intended. The drug itself wasn't the problem, it is still used today for lots of things,it was the lack of understanding of something called chivalry. Gmbh means limited company in German it's not the name of the company. Pfizer have been going for a long time and have nothing to do with thalidomide.

By *traight_no_iceMan  over a year ago

Stoke

This "mistake" that happened 60 years ago was a rapidly introduced drug, which was, predominantly, produced by GMBH. This company then became Pfizer, a coincidence?? I think not... "

The company did not then became Pfizer and it is not a coincidence what is claimed here is false. But it adds to the narrative of a proper conspiracy theory.

Over the last two weeks I’ve been taking vaccines to schools every day and hundreds of teenagers have had their vaccinations, most parents seem to be asking their children if they want it and I think that’s the way to do it, ask them talk about with them

By *eppoMan  over a year ago

London Colney

Good luck to all your youngsters ur letting be pricked

https://www.bmj.com/content/375/bmj.n2477

By *exy_HornyCouple  over a year ago

Leigh

"Good luck to all your youngsters ur letting be pricked

https://www.bmj.com/content/375/bmj.n2477"

Old news and of no relevance to the UK as we use Pfizer here anyway.

walsall

The JVCIs conclusion was it was unjustifiable to expect this group to inherit risk from vaccination to save over 80 year olds(whom still make up most deaths) for a few extra years of life, every 80+ year old I've asked about this actually agreed with that statement."

That’s interesting.

walsall

I guess they are sending out consent forms to give people a choice.

Is choice a bad thing ?"

Of course not. Choice is a good thing.

This "mistake" that happened 60 years ago was a rapidly introduced drug, which was, predominantly, produced by GMBH. This company then became Pfizer, a coincidence?? I think not...

The company did not then became Pfizer and it is not a coincidence what is claimed here is false. But it adds to the narrative of a proper conspiracy theory. "

I wonder the overlap between those who mention thalidomide and those who promote invectamin ....

walsall

The company did not then became Pfizer and it is not a coincidence what is claimed here is false. But it adds to the narrative of a proper conspiracy theory. I wonder the overlap between those who mention thalidomide and those who promote invectamin ...."

Conspiracy theories to one side, I think people may reference the thalidomide scandal as as example to justify not taking drugs blindly trusting the manufacturers. Thalidomide was used to treat morning sickness during pregnancy. None of the expectant mothers knew the harm it was doing to their un born children.

Thankfully, regulation of drugs has improved since then, some of the improvements were a direct result of the thalidomide scandal.

teleford

Given nearly 90% are vaccinated (and the strongly anti vaccine brigade simply won’t be getting tested) its should Coe as no surprise the majority of reported cases are in vaccinated people.

» Add a new message to this topic