FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Mp report

Mp report

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ohnj21 OP   Man  over a year ago

Leeds

Lockdiwn to late

Sent care home patients out of hospital with covid.

Highest deaf rate per capita in world

How they stop in goverment absolute disgrace

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Leeds

Highest death rate

Stay in goverment

Leeds

By *elinecdTV/TS  over a year ago

Nr Blackburn

We haven't got the highest death rate per capita in the world ???

The report was for us to learn from for the future not to finger point, all government's and experts made mistakes, it was a new virus that even the experts didnt know what was the right course of action to take. As they discovered more information they had to change tactics, to be fair to our government they did respond and were not afraid to make U turns.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"We haven't got the highest death rate per capita in the world ???

The report was for us to learn from for the future not to finger point, all government's and experts made mistakes, it was a new virus that even the experts didnt know what was the right course of action to take. As they discovered more information they had to change tactics, to be fair to our government they did respond and were not afraid to make U turns. "

We have the highest rate of care home deaths from covid in the world which is what the report was getting at. It's very important that we get to the bottom of that so lessons can be leraned.

Leeds

The report was for us to learn from for the future not to finger point, all government's and experts made mistakes, it was a new virus that even the experts didnt know what was the right course of action to take. As they discovered more information they had to change tactics, to be fair to our government they did respond and were not afraid to make U turns. "

We do have the highest death rate per 100k in the world its, a fact.

Its a disgrace

Leeds

We performed the worst the world its not a course lessons learned absolute disgrace a developed country letting so many die

By *rs mischiefWoman  over a year ago

Manchester

I'm pretty sure the opposition couldn't have done any different in the situation. It's all pissing me off now. The fucking blame game again. Let's learn fro. It and make changes going forward. And yes covid has affected my family and my life but I don't blame anyone...

The report was for us to learn from for the future not to finger point, all government's and experts made mistakes, it was a new virus that even the experts didnt know what was the right course of action to take. As they discovered more information they had to change tactics, to be fair to our government they did respond and were not afraid to make U turns.

Its a disgrace"

No we don't. We are around 9th on the list.

"I'm pretty sure the opposition couldn't have done any different in the situation. It's all pissing me off now. The fucking blame game again. Let's learn fro. It and make changes going forward. And yes covid has affected my family and my life but I don't blame anyone..."

To be honest the messaging was so wishy-washy right from the beginning.

Leeds

We performed the worst the world its not a course lessons learned absolute disgrace a developed country letting so many die

By *traight_no_iceMan  over a year ago

Stoke

Its a disgrace"

Nope. Peru has by a mile the worst death rate. Where do you get your numbers? You seem very sure you have the right stats.

Leeds

Iam

Leeds

Its a disgrace

Nope. Peru has by a mile the worst death rate. Where do you get your numbers? You seem very sure you have the right stats."

So you think I'm done well.

It's disgraceful how many died in uk

Leeds

UK done well

By *sussexyMan  over a year ago

Lewes

Quite.

Except you are so wrong... There were experts around the world who were doing the right thing. We just chose to ignore them. We didn't win WW2 by following the herd, did we?

By *traight_no_iceMan  over a year ago

Stoke

Its a disgrace

Nope. Peru has by a mile the worst death rate. Where do you get your numbers? You seem very sure you have the right stats.

So you think I'm done well.

It's disgraceful how many died in uk"

No I do not think that UK has done well. But there is no need to exagerate to make a point.

You can easily see that Peru did the worst and then a number of Eastern European countries and then UK.

Leeds

Not exaggerated

UK has done terrible

Leeds

And still is we're else in Europe getting 3k deaths a month

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I think we can say that the UK has done terribly, is still doing badly, and that accountability is needed - without saying that we're the worst. Because that isn't true.

"I'm pretty sure the opposition couldn't have done any different in the situation. It's all pissing me off now. The fucking blame game again. Let's learn fro. It and make changes going forward. And yes covid has affected my family and my life but I don't blame anyone..."

Well said

Nr Blackburn

Its a disgrace"

NO ,its not a fact, you are wrong

According to John Hopkins, who have been compiling stats since the pandemic started. The UK has a 1.7% case fatality rate. Comparable to most of the EU and US.

Yes we've not done great! Could we have done better, possibly with hindsight!

"According to John Hopkins, who have been compiling stats since the pandemic started. The UK has a 1.7% case fatality rate. Comparable to most of the EU and US.

Yes we've not done great! Could we have done better, possibly with hindsight!"

I'd imagine case fatality rate is skewed by volume of testing. If you only tested in hospitals you'd have horrifoc numbers. Thw more ppl test at home the more light/asymptomatic positives you get.

"According to John Hopkins, who have been compiling stats since the pandemic started. The UK has a 1.7% case fatality rate. Comparable to most of the EU and US.

I'd imagine case fatality rate is skewed by volume of testing. If you only tested in hospitals you'd have horrifoc numbers. Thw more ppl test at home the more light/asymptomatic positives you get. "

I dont disagree. However, take into account all the people who have been asymptomatic and simply recovered without ever testing then that percentage is also a worst case scenario.

Covid hasn't been great for any country and we made mistakes along the way.

I just feel that playing the blame game with the benefit of hindsight is not going to achieve anything.

I simply get frustrated by people stating facts without naming where they get their facts personally.

Nr Blackburn

Manchester (she/her)

I'd imagine case fatality rate is skewed by volume of testing. If you only tested in hospitals you'd have horrifoc numbers. Thw more ppl test at home the more light/asymptomatic positives you get.

I dont disagree. However, take into account all the people who have been asymptomatic and simply recovered without ever testing then that percentage is also a worst case scenario.

Covid hasn't been great for any country and we made mistakes along the way.

I just feel that playing the blame game with the benefit of hindsight is not going to achieve anything.

I simply get frustrated by people stating facts without naming where they get their facts personally. "

I only want the same hindsight that Jacinda Ardern had in March 2020

ok before covid there was alway a problem with the nhs getting people out and back into homes quickly even when they were not ready or unsafe ... this was not new for covid

By *dam_TinaCouple  over a year ago

Hampshire

"Not exaggerated

UK has done terrible "

But you ARE exaggerating. The UK does not have the highest death rate per capita in the world.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Yes we've not done great! Could we have done better, possibly with hindsight!"

Case fatality rate will be broadly similar everywhere, as it is just the measure of how deadly the disease is once you catch it. Whether you are british, belgian, brazilian or bangladeshi, once you catch covid the only significant difference in your chances depends on what level of medical care you get.

However, the UK government policies allowed covid to spread much more quickly than in many other countries. Same case fatality rate multiplied by much higher number of cases per million of population equals being much higher in the deaths league table than we should have been.

We could have done much better with foresight! The type of foresight that we pay our government and scientific advisors to have. It really is not rocket science. And we didn't even need much foresight, as we could already see the disease playing out in other countries months before it got to the UK.

We didn't get foresight (so what were we even paying government and advisors for?). We didn't even get present sight of taking lessons from what we could see happening overseas. What we instead got was a combination of deliberate disregard of the plentiful evidence, and profiteering by cabinet members and their chums to the tune of hundreds of millions of pounds.

And _that_ is why criminal charges would be justified, up to and including charges of premeditated mass murder.

By *ayjay218Man  over a year ago

Aberdeen

Italian, French and Spanish medical experts were nearly begging us to lockdown as they knew they did it too late but our government chose to ignore them as they knew better. The early decisions made were criminal,

Absolutely love the fact that I hate this. I'm my opinion... Every step that was taken was a week or two too late. Oh yes we're gonna go into lockdown in... Well... 2 weeks time. Why wait? Erm... Let's start rationing the goods so everyone will have enough... After a month. Fucking disgrace. Oh it's different rules for me, etc... You can't mourn your loved ones but I can. Hypocrites and greedy the lot of them. Let's build mobile hospitals, spend a lot of money and when it's actually getting to the point of being used, nah we're dismantling.

The UK has done great? Personally I don't think so.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

They are not particularly interested, hence their lack of compassion and doing what they did. Do you think they'd cause tens of thousands of lives to be needlessly lost but be bothered by a report?

They just want you to vote to give them power.

Manchester (she/her)

"They are not particularly interested, hence their lack of compassion and doing what they did. Do you think they'd cause tens of thousands of lives to be needlessly lost but be bothered by a report?

They just want you to vote to give them power. "

Hopefully the Good Law Project and others will help hold them to account.

Central

Case fatality rate will be broadly similar everywhere, as it is just the measure of how deadly the disease is once you catch it. Whether you are british, belgian, brazilian or bangladeshi, once you catch covid the only significant difference in your chances depends on what level of medical care you get.

However, the UK government policies allowed covid to spread much more quickly than in many other countries. Same case fatality rate multiplied by much higher number of cases per million of population equals being much higher in the deaths league table than we should have been.

We could have done much better with foresight! The type of foresight that we pay our government and scientific advisors to have. It really is not rocket science. And we didn't even need much foresight, as we could already see the disease playing out in other countries months before it got to the UK.

We didn't get foresight (so what were we even paying government and advisors for?). We didn't even get present sight of taking lessons from what we could see happening overseas. What we instead got was a combination of deliberate disregard of the plentiful evidence, and profiteering by cabinet members and their chums to the tune of hundreds of millions of pounds.

And _that_ is why criminal charges would be justified, up to and including charges of premeditated mass murder."

It's sad to see how many people have been taken in by the government line.

Many people died in this country who didn't need to die. That is clear.

The situation with care homes was unforgivable.

And the whole "with the benefit of hindsight" spiel is utter nonsense. Many voices were raised at the time, saying that we needed to lock down etc. But the government did nothing in that area until far too late. More than once.

Manchester (she/her)

"It's sad to see how many people have been taken in by the government line.

And the whole "with the benefit of hindsight" spiel is utter nonsense. Many voices were raised at the time, saying that we needed to lock down etc. But the government did nothing in that area until far too late. More than once."

Either we're a strong capable nation, or we should have had the "hindsight" available to New Zealand, which is tiny.

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

Cookstown

[Removed by poster at 13/10/21 16:22:09]

Cookstown

And the whole "with the benefit of hindsight" spiel is utter nonsense. Many voices were raised at the time, saying that we needed to lock down etc. But the government did nothing in that area until far too late. More than once.

Either we're a strong capable nation, or we should have had the "hindsight" available to New Zealand, which is tiny."

Hindsight is a wonderful gift, second only to common sense.

[Removed by poster at 13/10/21 17:20:36]

Either we're a strong capable nation, or we should have had the "hindsight" available to New Zealand, which is tiny.

"

Except it's not hindsight when a shitload of people were shouting at the time that we desperately needed to lockdown.

Manchester (she/her)

Except it's not hindsight when a shitload of people were shouting at the time that we desperately needed to lockdown."

Yup. If New Zealand knew it at the time, we should have known it.

It's not like no one had any experience of epidemics ever. That's a piss poor excuse.

Cookstown

Except it's not hindsight when a shitload of people were shouting at the time that we desperately needed to lockdown."

And what about the ones that are still shouting that Sweden didn't lockdown

Damed if you do damned if you don't

Except it's not hindsight when a shitload of people were shouting at the time that we desperately needed to lockdown.

Damed if you do damned if you don't"

I'd say the finger pointing shouldn't be simply at what they did or didn't do, but what they considered. While many countries took a lock down approach it appears we decided not to because of "science". Even tho the data was incomplete. A competent leadership would have asked questions. We may still have made imperfect decisions. But it reads like we didn't even consider seriously other options until it was too late. (I suspect because we neither vote in MPs for leadership skills combined with said MPs not having the background to challenge papers being presented. We've elected the cleaner as CEO because they won a competition.)

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

When countries like Germany and France don't record excess deaths how can our death rate be compared. Germany had only two very small regions that kept death data and France gave up reporting numbers in May 2020, see EU Momo.

Even now EU Statista shows the infection rates in the EU, it makes ours look insignificant.

The one country that keeps the most accurate records seems to be getting slated for doing so.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

Damed if you do damned if you don'tI'd say the finger pointing shouldn't be simply at what they did or didn't do, but what they considered. While many countries took a lock down approach it appears we decided not to because of "science". Even tho the data was incomplete. A competent leadership would have asked questions. We may still have made imperfect decisions. But it reads like we didn't even consider seriously other options until it was too late. (I suspect because we neither vote in MPs for leadership skills combined with said MPs not having the background to challenge papers being presented. We've elected the cleaner as CEO because they won a competition.)"

We voted for boris and his idiots, to get 'brexit done', we knew he was a fucking moron. Look at his fuck ups over the years as Mayor.

"When countries like Germany and France don't record excess deaths how can our death rate be compared. Germany had only two very small regions that kept death data and France gave up reporting numbers in May 2020, see EU Momo.

Even now EU Statista shows the infection rates in the EU, it makes ours look insignificant.

The one country that keeps the most accurate records seems to be getting slated for doing so. "

I've not looked into the methodology here .... But excess deaths per 100k by country

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/coronavirus-excess-deaths-tracker

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

Nice link, seems that data is taken from EU Momo, worth checking that website as it explains how and where they obtain the figures, like figures from the only two areas in Germany where records are actually recorded. And the caveat from France stating when they stopped recording or submitting figures for excess deaths. It is pretty thorough, but if countries don't keep records or stop recording, the data is stale and inaccurate.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Its a disgrace"

Comparing apples with oranges. You are correct we come high in that table but there are vast differences in how each countries figures are collected, calculated and curated before being published!! Some countries numbers are factually bullshit, that’s another fact for you. Sick being sent out to care homes untested was scandalous, that needs investigated but beyond that I don’t believe our free society would have been very accepting or complied as well for so long had measures been implemented earlier. The report leans heavily on hindsight!!

teleford

Damed if you do damned if you don'tI'd say the finger pointing shouldn't be simply at what they did or didn't do, but what they considered. While many countries took a lock down approach it appears we decided not to because of "science". Even tho the data was incomplete. A competent leadership would have asked questions. We may still have made imperfect decisions. But it reads like we didn't even consider seriously other options until it was too late. (I suspect because we neither vote in MPs for leadership skills combined with said MPs not having the background to challenge papers being presented. We've elected the cleaner as CEO because they won a competition.)

We voted for boris and his idiots, to get 'brexit done', we knew he was a fucking moron. Look at his fuck ups over the years as Mayor."

Did people really vote for Borris or did they against the corduroy communists of the labour left? MPs will never be our brightest and our best, we just have to hope they are at least able to understand the brighter and better who brief them.

Its a disgrace

Comparing apples with oranges. You are correct we come high in that table but there are vast differences in how each countries figures are collected, calculated and curated before being published!! Some countries numbers are factually bullshit, that’s another fact for you. Sick being sent out to care homes untested was scandalous, that needs investigated but beyond that I don’t believe our free society would have been very accepting or complied as well for so long had measures been implemented earlier. The report leans heavily on hindsight!!"

not sure if it was this thread I said it in, but the real error was not looking at others when making decisions. There were lots of other decisions that could have been made... Earlier track and trace .... Increase use of temperature checking ... More promotion of self responsibility in self isolations when feeling ill.... We decided on one path and ran with it. Thats poor leadership.

Central

Its a disgrace

Comparing apples with oranges. You are correct we come high in that table but there are vast differences in how each countries figures are collected, calculated and curated before being published!! Some countries numbers are factually bullshit, that’s another fact for you. Sick being sent out to care homes untested was scandalous, that needs investigated but beyond that I don’t believe our free society would have been very accepting or complied as well for so long had measures been implemented earlier. The report leans heavily on hindsight!!"

It also shows that we were able to have taken better decisions based on the evidence that was available but failed. The successive failures to act by making prompt decisions on lockdowns were inexcusable. 1 or 2 weeks earlier lockdowns would have removed the need for lockdowns to have lasted for so many months longer than they needed to. When exponential growth in the numbers of people infected were seeing a doubling of the number of people infected every 3 or 4 days, it was a clear and simple decision to take, to lockdown sooner.

We also know that there were hundreds of people who were infected who came into the UK and seeded the virus into hundreds of unique spots. They weren't prevented from coming here, nor isolated, nor followed through for testing etc. We in essence gave ourselves the virus, letting it become endemic here. If we'd locked down, we would have stopped those people mixing with others and letting it have the power that it had, to kill so many. Other countries had already experienced and learned those lessons that we refused to. Places like New Zealand took better decisions and care of its population.

teleford

Its a disgrace

Comparing apples with oranges. You are correct we come high in that table but there are vast differences in how each countries figures are collected, calculated and curated before being published!! Some countries numbers are factually bullshit, that’s another fact for you. Sick being sent out to care homes untested was scandalous, that needs investigated but beyond that I don’t believe our free society would have been very accepting or complied as well for so long had measures been implemented earlier. The report leans heavily on hindsight!!

It also shows that we were able to have taken better decisions based on the evidence that was available but failed. The successive failures to act by making prompt decisions on lockdowns were inexcusable. 1 or 2 weeks earlier lockdowns would have removed the need for lockdowns to have lasted for so many months longer than they needed to. When exponential growth in the numbers of people infected were seeing a doubling of the number of people infected every 3 or 4 days, it was a clear and simple decision to take, to lockdown sooner.

We also know that there were hundreds of people who were infected who came into the UK and seeded the virus into hundreds of unique spots. They weren't prevented from coming here, nor isolated, nor followed through for testing etc. We in essence gave ourselves the virus, letting it become endemic here. If we'd locked down, we would have stopped those people mixing with others and letting it have the power that it had, to kill so many. Other countries had already experienced and learned those lessons that we refused to. Places like New Zealand took better decisions and care of its population. "

As I understand it the advice of the behavioural scientists was the British public would only tolerate and comply with a short lock down and only when daily cases and deaths was already at alarming levels. I do believe an earlier lockdown would have seen a bigger sector of society kick back against it. NZ, a far more isolated country with 1/20th of our population, aimed for eradication, that’s policy has failed, they are now only starting their pandemic journey, they are now 18months begins us, all be it with some level of vaccination.

By *perfectpair5050Couple  over a year ago

marlbourgh

It’s ok to blame the government for everything how many people carried on as normal when they were told to lockdown I think the government have made a lot of mistakes but I also think that the public need to take some of the blame for how many people have died don’t forget the Dick heads in London demanding the end to the lockdown How many refusing to wear a mask

By *drianukMan  over a year ago

Spain, Preston

Some of us sceptics pointed out it was going wrong at the time.

We were personally attacked for it.

Now the people who followed the official line are trying to make political capital out of it.

Am I the only one who is sickened by this?

Central

"It’s ok to blame the government for everything how many people carried on as normal when they were told to lockdown I think the government have made a lot of mistakes but I also think that the public need to take some of the blame for how many people have died don’t forget the Dick heads in London demanding the end to the lockdown How many refusing to wear a mask "

It's totally right to hold the government fully accountable for their own responsibilities.

Manchester (she/her)

"It’s ok to blame the government for everything how many people carried on as normal when they were told to lockdown I think the government have made a lot of mistakes but I also think that the public need to take some of the blame for how many people have died don’t forget the Dick heads in London demanding the end to the lockdown How many refusing to wear a mask

It's totally right to hold the government fully accountable for their own responsibilities. "

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Its a disgrace

We also know that there were hundreds of people who were infected who came into the UK and seeded the virus into hundreds of unique spots. They weren't prevented from coming here, nor isolated, nor followed through for testing etc. We in essence gave ourselves the virus, letting it become endemic here. If we'd locked down, we would have stopped those people mixing with others and letting it have the power that it had, to kill so many. Other countries had already experienced and learned those lessons that we refused to. Places like New Zealand took better decisions and care of its population.

As I understand it the advice of the behavioural scientists was the British public would only tolerate and comply with a short lock down and only when daily cases and deaths was already at alarming levels. I do believe an earlier lockdown would have seen a bigger sector of society kick back against it. NZ, a far more isolated country with 1/20th of our population, aimed for eradication, that’s policy has failed, they are now only starting their pandemic journey, they are now 18months begins us, all be it with some level of vaccination."

New Zealand are going to reach 100% vaccination with the total number of deaths barely into double digits. From where I'm looking, that's a bloody amazingly successful policy. The UK is getting something like six times as many deaths and over ten times as many cases EVERY SINGLE DAY than New Zealand has had over the TOTAL PERIOD of covid. They might have only a 1/20th of the population, but they have had less than a thousandth the number of deaths.

» Add a new message to this topic