FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Aspirin substantially lowers COVID risk — George Washington University study

Aspirin substantially lowers COVID risk — George Washington University study

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *heNaturistCouple OP   Couple  over a year ago

crewe

Somebody will be a long shortly to say it's just tree bark and people will be overdosing on bleeding stomach linings!.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

Cookstown

"Somebody will be a long shortly to say it's just tree bark and people will be overdosing on bleeding stomach linings!.

"

I'd say follow the advice of your doctor not stuff on a swingers forum ...

By *ucy DuoCouple  over a year ago

Watford

Interesting post.

Thanks for the info. Could you cite your source please...?

Love the idea of alternative cheap effective and safe prevention methods.

Vax cost a fortune... to our government and ultimately us.

X

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's interesting and of good potential use across the world.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"Interesting post.

Thanks for the info. Could you cite your source please...?

Love the idea of alternative cheap effective and safe prevention methods.

Vax cost a fortune... to our government and ultimately us.

X"

They are not an alternative to vaccine but a possible therapeutic that can be used in conjunction with a vaccine.

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

"Somebody will be a long shortly to say it's just tree bark and people will be overdosing on bleeding stomach linings!.

"

Aspirin's not good for me and neither is gin. So I'll avoid the long term heartburn aggro.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Interesting

However fundamentally flawed:

1- this is data analysis of people whom took aspirin , not a clinical trial. It makes no reference to other treatments that people were on, only that they took aspirin . You could do the same with whom drank tea or coffee and see a bias maybe

2- if This was a real study, the target population is now significantly different where the majority of those with underlying health issues have already passed (i personnally knew 3 people whom have died , all healthy and on 40/50s whom succumbed to COVid. So the most vulnerable have already gone , data set is skewed

3- makes no claim on what the sample size was . If you take 20 ppl va 50,000 (this was the scale of the vaccine trials) then you will see statistical variance

Fact- aspirin can help a variety of treatments so not surprising that it could possibly help here

But it’s nothing a vaccine , it won’t stop you getting the virus . And for all the anti vaxxers, (oh I don’t believe in them) , inject yourself with polio and see how you get on. Polio vaccine has eradicated this disease and was first brought out c1796 . 2025 years of proof that vaccines work

Peace x

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

You can't copy and paste full articles onto the forum. If you can't post the link let people know what they can search for

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

This is about a drug that can potentially reduce the need for mechanical ventilation. It is NOT a COVID cure or prevention strategy. I think the title of the post is misleading compared to the content.

Over the past almost 2 years, we have come to understand that COVID pathogenesis is largely cardiovascular. I.e. the biggest cause of serious ill health is due to issues caused by the virus to the heart, blood vessels and blood itself.

Blot clots and abnormal clotting are now known to be some of the major causes of the serious symptoms that some people experience. Aspirin is a blood thinner and so it makes sense that it might reduce the negative effects of abnormal clotting.

What aspirin cannot do is prevent infection with SARS-CoV-2 in the first place and it cannot cure a patient. Our only preventative/mitigation strategies are vaccination and distancing/isolation/masks etc.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 14/10/21 19:28:01]

Bristol

"This is about a drug that can potentially reduce the need for mechanical ventilation. It is NOT a COVID cure or prevention strategy. I think the title of the post is misleading compared to the content.

Over the past almost 2 years, we have come to understand that COVID pathogenesis is largely cardiovascular. I.e. the biggest cause of serious ill health is due to issues caused by the virus to the heart, blood vessels and blood itself.

Blot clots and abnormal clotting are now known to be some of the major causes of the serious symptoms that some people experience. Aspirin is a blood thinner and so it makes sense that it might reduce the negative effects of abnormal clotting.

What aspirin cannot do is prevent infection with SARS-CoV-2 in the first place and it cannot cure a patient. Our only preventative/mitigation strategies are vaccination and distancing/isolation/masks etc."

I was just about to post the same thing as the original post isnot even accurate to the original news item

This is how miss information starts especially when it hits facecloth

I take an aspirin a day to keep ny blood thinner but that’s under a doctors watch

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

"You can't copy and paste full articles onto the forum. If you can't post the link let people know what they can search for"

Noted, sorry.

If people search for the title exactly as I've used it in the the title of the post, they will find the article and source.

North West

The title of the original piece of work is:

Aspirin Use Is Associated With Decreased Mechanical Ventilation, Intensive Care Unit Admission, and In-Hospital Mortality in Hospitalized Patients With Coronavirus Disease 2019

The actual title of the thread gives a very different meaning, actually. It implies that aspirin somehow cures or prevents COVID, when of course, it doesn't. As a blood thinner, it may reduce the need for invasive ventilation by reducing the blood clotting that can occur.

North West

And further to add, the above article was published in the journal "Anesthesia and Analgesia"

There's a lot of rich people getting richer thanks to the jab. Just think about that for a while

Bristol

"There's a lot of rich people getting richer thanks to the jab. Just think about that for a while "

And think about the people who are now still waling around alive because of the jab

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"There's a lot of rich people getting richer thanks to the jab. Just think about that for a while "

There are a lot of rich people getting richer thanks to their investment in a whole range of medicines and medical procedures, including ones that have almost certainly prevented your death occurring before now.

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

So you grow your own food?

Make your own clothes?

Create all your own entertainment?

Make your own medicine?

Have a self made computer and internet connection?

Behind everything we need for life invariably there are rich people getting richer.

There’s a LOT of dead people and people with permanent respiratory issues due to Covid. Vaccines will stop millions more dying or having their lives needlessly ruined. Just think about that for a while

By *iman2100Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Ok. I have thought about it. Seems fair to me. After spending many years and millions on research it is seems reasonable that they should get some reward for their work. Do you agree or do you work for free?

By *odgerMooreMan  over a year ago

Carlisle

Has anyone tried leeches??

By *iman2100Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Has anyone tried leeches?? "

Oh yes! They are great lightly fried with a little garlic butter and soda bread.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai / Nottingham

I'd say follow the advice of your doctor not stuff on a swingers forum ...

"

Unfortunately NHS GPs aren’t able to offer any advice that’s any real use or that you can’t freely find on google. Advanced health and immunity is way beyond thier training and remit

By *odgerMooreMan  over a year ago

Carlisle

"Has anyone tried leeches??

Oh yes! They are great lightly fried with a little garlic butter and soda bread. "

"You can't copy and paste full articles onto the forum. If you can't post the link let people know what they can search for"

Just search for the title text. Or go direct to the univ website and search there.

Note the bottom of the 'report':

"Conclusions

Aspirin use may be associated with improved outcomes in hospitalised COVID-19 patients. However, a sufficiently powered randomised controlled trial is needed to assess whether a causal relationship exists between aspirin use and reduced lung injury and mortality in COVID-19 patients"

If aspirin is so good, then warfarin should be better.

Going through the report results leaves me under-impressed. The sample size was small for a start. Aspirin is not an anticoagulant, it is an antiplatelet med. I would have thought that a med like clopidogrel would have been better. Still. If you are under 16, aspirin is contraindicated. Ditto for pregnant.

As it is, it is not a proper study, just a viewpoint.

Cookstown

"You can't copy and paste full articles onto the forum. If you can't post the link let people know what they can search for

Just search for the title text. Or go direct to the univ website and search there.

"Conclusions

Aspirin use may be associated with improved outcomes in hospitalised COVID-19 patients. However, a sufficiently powered randomised controlled trial is needed to assess whether a causal relationship exists between aspirin use and reduced lung injury and mortality in COVID-19 patients"

Going through the report results leaves me under-impressed. The sample size was small for a start. Aspirin is not an anticoagulant, it is an antiplatelet med. I would have thought that a med like clopidogrel would have been better. Still. If you are under 16, aspirin is contraindicated. Ditto for pregnant.

As it is, it is not a proper study, just a viewpoint."

It's also a fact that 10 people I know didn't have car crashes after taking aspirin.

These "studies" are 10 a penny and should not be put forward to people liable to take them as an alternative to correct medication and not just for Covid.

By *artyanna16200TV/TS  over a year ago

leeds

I think its fair to say its costing the governmentbfuck all to produce the vaccine as research into drugs and vaccines is heavily subsidised by governments , when drugs are produced the companies keep the profits , but they only produce drugs which will reap prifits for them . Hence no cure for cancer!! But a vaccine which requires booster shots maybe four times a year ? On the table within twelve months. And with the NHS being subjected to exposure by the health insurance industry, expect all manner of innovative and useful forms of new treatments on sunscription to private health insurance . These fuckers are cherry picking their clients group , minimal risk but massive rewards which they will andbalready have lobbied the present cabinet(and it uas to he said blair government as far backas 94, to gain access to the largest public health provider in the world ! Hence chiropody , elderly care , cancer care diabetic services mental health including community care , childrens services , all gone and now privided by private shareholder orientated corporate interests hedge funds and private equity firms such as KPMG, CARE UK, serco sodexo, and one or two lmassive american health insurance prividers of which helen whately was an employee before labding her job as health minister, as was david evans and which half the cabinet currently hold stock in

"I think its fair to say its costing the governmentbfuck all to produce the vaccine as research into drugs and vaccines is heavily subsidised by governments , when drugs are produced the companies keep the profits , but they only produce drugs which will reap prifits for them . Hence no cure for cancer!! But a vaccine which requires booster shots maybe four times a year ? On the table within twelve months. And with the NHS being subjected to exposure by the health insurance industry, expect all manner of innovative and useful forms of new treatments on sunscription to private health insurance . These fuckers are cherry picking their clients group , minimal risk but massive rewards which they will andbalready have lobbied the present cabinet(and it uas to he said blair government as far backas 94, to gain access to the largest public health provider in the world ! Hence chiropody , elderly care , cancer care diabetic services mental health including community care , childrens services , all gone and now privided by private shareholder orientated corporate interests hedge funds and private equity firms such as KPMG, CARE UK, serco sodexo, and one or two lmassive american health insurance prividers of which helen whately was an employee before labding her job as health minister, as was david evans and which half the cabinet currently hold stock in "

Well that’s cleared that up , can you please share your one shot cure for all forms of Cancer to some universities and research bodies so they can validate it, get it thro clinical trials (for every form of cancer) and then we have the problem solved.

By *artyanna16200TV/TS  over a year ago

leeds

Well its more an abnormal immune response , causing out of proportion inflammatory responses , such as cytokine storm and kawasaki syndrome in children, clots and myo/pericarditis in young and old, and of course damage to platelets and respiratory collapse is the most challenging due to need for intubation and ventilation which it seems the vaccine has helped to mitigate the severity of .

By *rShadowBHMan  over a year ago

Nowhere/everywhere

"Well its more an abnormal immune response , causing out of proportion inflammatory responses , such as cytokine storm and kawasaki syndrome in children, clots and myo/pericarditis in young and old, and of course damage to platelets and respiratory collapse is the most challenging due to need for intubation and ventilation which it seems the vaccine has helped to mitigate the severity of . "

You seem fairly well-read.

I too am interested in your one-shot cure for cancer that pharmaceutical companies are hiding.

Cookstown

"I think its fair to say its costing the governmentbfuck all to produce the vaccine as research into drugs and vaccines is heavily subsidised by governments , when drugs are produced the companies keep the profits , but they only produce drugs which will reap prifits for them . Hence no cure for cancer!! But a vaccine which requires booster shots maybe four times a year ? On the table within twelve months. And with the NHS being subjected to exposure by the health insurance industry, expect all manner of innovative and useful forms of new treatments on sunscription to private health insurance . These fuckers are cherry picking their clients group , minimal risk but massive rewards which they will andbalready have lobbied the present cabinet(and it uas to he said blair government as far backas 94, to gain access to the largest public health provider in the world ! Hence chiropody , elderly care , cancer care diabetic services mental health including community care , childrens services , all gone and now privided by private shareholder orientated corporate interests hedge funds and private equity firms such as KPMG, CARE UK, serco sodexo, and one or two lmassive american health insurance prividers of which helen whately was an employee before labding her job as health minister, as was david evans and which half the cabinet currently hold stock in

Well that’s cleared that up , can you please share your one shot cure for all forms of Cancer to some universities and research bodies so they can validate it, get it thro clinical trials (for every form of cancer) and then we have the problem solved.

"

The "cure" for cancer is likely to be mRNA like the Covid vaccine. Developed decades ago it was impossible to get decent funding and clinical trials until now

It's already performed very well in small tests and at least as effective as two aspirin and a glass of filtered water.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"You can't copy and paste full articles onto the forum. If you can't post the link let people know what they can search for

"Conclusions

As it is, it is not a proper study, just a viewpoint.

It's also a fact that 10 people I know didn't have car crashes after taking aspirin.

These "studies" are 10 a penny and should not be put forward to people liable to take them as an alternative to correct medication and not just for Covid."

Yes, they are useful for us to acquire potential new understandings and perspectives of what treatments may be useful. They're better for research teams to be looking at, than joe public who can misinterpret them.

By *oncupiscent_dreamMan  over a year ago

City

"I'd say follow the advice of your doctor not stuff on a swingers forum ...

"

My doctor won't give any advice. Said that there is enough reports in every direction to make it impossible to give impartial advice.

Directs people to the internet to do their own research.

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

"I'd say follow the advice of your doctor not stuff on a swingers forum ...

My doctor won't give any advice. Said that there is enough reports in every direction to make it impossible to give impartial advice.

Directs people to the internet to do their own research."

If my doctor said that I would be looking for a new doctor.

City

"If my doctor said that I would be looking for a new doctor."

I'm the opposite. Appreciated his honesty that if a doctor told me they were up to date on all the current covid research that they were a liar, that he tried for a few months but it's not possible.

I had questions about the death rate from different vaccines to immune compromised people Vs the risk of death from the virus. I was asking about astra zenica, and could I opt for another vaccine.

He told me that he could offer astra zenica and nothing else. That he could not legally advise or offer any other vaccine. That even if he could he was not up-to-date and had patients email him new studies every day that he had never seen before.

If I phoned him up now about this research he wouldn't go spend hours reading it, he'd say "x amount of aspirin is safe a day, I don't know if it helps with covid, anything else?"

If I linked to an article saying drinking bleach worked he would probably say "I don't think any amount of bleach is safe to drink, and don't know if it helps with covid, is there anything else?"

If he was to keep up to date with covid research, basically the would have to give up being a doctor and spend all day researching covid.

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

"If my doctor said that I would be looking for a new doctor.

I'm the opposite. Appreciated his honesty that if a doctor told me they were up to date on all the current covid research that they were a liar, that he tried for a few months but it's not possible.

I had questions about the death rate from different vaccines to immune compromised people Vs the risk of death from the virus. I was asking about astra zenica, and could I opt for another vaccine.

He told me that he could offer astra zenica and nothing else. That he could not legally advise or offer any other vaccine. That even if he could he was not up-to-date and had patients email him new studies every day that he had never seen before.

If I phoned him up now about this research he wouldn't go spend hours reading it, he'd say "x amount of aspirin is safe a day, I don't know if it helps with covid, anything else?"

If I linked to an article saying drinking bleach worked he would probably say "I don't think any amount of bleach is safe to drink, and don't know if it helps with covid, is there anything else?"

If he was to keep up to date with covid research, basically the would have to give up being a doctor and spend all day researching covid."

I would still look for another doctor but each to their own.

By *inkerbell67Woman  over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

Aspirin makes me very ill ..

North West

"Aspirin makes me very ill .."

There's plenty of alternative drugs if you needed to deal with potential blood clotting. Obviously they wouldn't give it to people for whom it was unsuitable.

City

"I would still look for another doctor but each to their own."

One of the free ones? That read from a sheet and when you ask if the study showing immune problems in Germany apply to you, or the 20 fold increase of cancer in one American city. Or what your risks of becoming infertile Are they tell you in broken English something from a pamphlet?

Think I'll stick with mine, specialist refferals with little to no waiting time. Won't advise me to do something that could give me cancer but will support me if I decide to do it.

"I would still look for another doctor but each to their own.

One of the free ones? That read from a sheet and when you ask if the study showing immune problems in Germany apply to you, or the 20 fold increase of cancer in one American city. Or what your risks of becoming infertile Are they tell you in broken English something from a pamphlet?

Think I'll stick with mine, specialist refferals with little to no waiting time. Won't advise me to do something that could give me cancer but will support me if I decide to do it.

"

I'm interested in the papers you're referring to here, you seem well read

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

[Removed by poster at 17/10/21 08:03:16]

» Add a new message to this topic