FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Who agrees

Who agrees

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *irtyold man OP   Man  over a year ago

barnsley

After the house of commons covid report who agrees that it would be a good idea to e mail every mp in uk declaring no confidence in the current uk goverment .

Maby the relativs of the thousands boris has killed would like to help register theire disgust with theire local mp aswell as the rest of the country.

Whats youre thoughts .

Agree or disagree

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

No I don't agree

By *ohnj21Man  over a year ago

Leeds

"No I don't agree"

I agree

STOKE ON TRENT

"No I don't agree

I agree"

Xx

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

Be good if the home secretary had at least read it.

Leeds

"No I don't agree"
why u think they have done a good job. Your having laugh

Leeds

"Be good if the home secretary had at least read it. "

I agree.. Nice profile

STOKE ON TRENT

"No I don't agree why u think they have done a good job. Your having laugh"

No they have not done a good job but what will emailing them do

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"No I don't agree why u think they have done a good job. Your having laugh

No they have not done a good job but what will emailing them do"

Fuck all. I shant bother either. Politics in this country is fucked for a generation. Inept government with weak and pointless opposition

STOKE ON TRENT

Fuck all. I shant bother either. Politics in this country is fucked for a generation. Inept government with weak and pointless opposition"

Exactly

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

To be replaced by what though? There isn’t a credible alternative in waiting

The current government could kill the relatives of people who voted for them and that wouldn't change people's minds.

And yes, I know they did kill relatives of people who voted for them.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's worth giving your MP notice that they are failing your standards, so that they can buck their attitude and behaviour up

By *eadingCouple1963Couple  over a year ago

Reading

"After the house of commons covid report who agrees that it would be a good idea to e mail every mp in uk declaring no confidence in the current uk goverment .

Maby the relativs of the thousands boris has killed would like to help register theire disgust with theire local mp aswell as the rest of the country.

Whats youre thoughts .

Agree or disagree"

You do know that your idea would make no difference whatsoever. Have you ever heard of fixed term Parliament?

By *ore4fundevonCouple  over a year ago

West Devon

I agree that they could of handled things better but I also don't think any other government or party would have done any better or worse of a job.

There aren't many, if any, government's around the world that have gotten the fight against covid exactly right.

So in my opinion it's not fair to single out and judge any of them.

By *nimaginativeUsernameMan  over a year ago

Rochester, Kent

"After the house of commons covid report who agrees that it would be a good idea to e mail every mp in uk declaring no confidence in the current uk goverment .

Whats youre thoughts .

Agree or disagree"

I totally disagree.

But I would politely suggest that you employ a proof-reader (and a good lawyer) if you’re planning to draft the email.

By *ervent_fervourMan  over a year ago

Halifax

Fuck all. I shant bother either. Politics in this country is fucked for a generation. Inept government with weak and pointless opposition"

It is fucked. But could you see by abandoning something you'll perpetuate, and then become part of the problem?

It's like seeing a car crash in front of you and walking in the other direction.

Xurrebt government made mistakes.. quite a few.. but my god imagine if Corbyn and Abbott were in charge during this time...

By *ffanotdykeCouple  over a year ago

Salop

No! Boris and his gang have been far from perfect BUT no one had any previous experience of handling this situation previously.

Its so easy to stand on the sidelines and criticise but if YOU could have done better why weren't you there trying to get elected and running the show.

Are you the same critics who every Saturday afternoon sit on the terraces explaining to your team how you would have scored a hat-trick.

Don't just criticise, do something about it!

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

"No! Boris and his gang have been far from perfect BUT no one had any previous experience of handling this situation previously.

Its so easy to stand on the sidelines and criticise but if YOU could have done better why weren't you there trying to get elected and running the show.

Are you the same critics who every Saturday afternoon sit on the terraces explaining to your team how you would have scored a hat-trick.

Don't just criticise, do something about it! "

What did happen was un restricted travel allowing 3 variants into the country in quick succession.

By *udistcpl1Couple  over a year ago

Wirral

I think the snag is that there is an unhealthy inbuilt parliament culture (red and blue). The only way to change such an inbred culture like that is to literally change all the people in it and that is a very tall order.

Could anybody do better? I think it would be very difficult to do any worse. The early decision making was extremely poor. Failure to lockdown early enough, test and trace in wrong hands - it goes on.

"I think the snag is that there is an unhealthy inbuilt parliament culture (red and blue). The only way to change such an inbred culture like that is to literally change all the people in it and that is a very tall order.

Could anybody do better? I think it would be very difficult to do any worse. The early decision making was extremely poor. Failure to lockdown early enough, test and trace in wrong hands - it goes on. "

One event, actually 2 events fucked it.. Liverpool v Athletico should never have taken place. Cheltenham festival.. thick idiots letting them all go ahead.

By *reemindCoolMan  over a year ago

between Barnsley and Wakefield

Agree

Halifax

"No! Boris and his gang have been far from perfect BUT no one had any previous experience of handling this situation previously.

Don't just criticise, do something about it! "

There was a dry run practice for howbwe should handle a pandemic a few years previously. The government chose to ignore it.

So that's not strictly true.

Johnson also chose to not to attend fice Cobra meetings in early Jan 2020.so nktt onlyy incompetent bit couldn't give a flying.

So doubly wrong.

My personal emotional response is that they(the appropriate ministers) should be up dflr skme kind of manslaughter via negligence charges. Not that I'm a lawyer or anything,obviously.

Silly comment speculating how Corbyn/Abbot would have dealt with it. They weren't in power, so we'll never know.

Focus on what happened and who oversaw it would be my 'common sense', logical approach.

By *eamteamCouple  over a year ago

maspalomas

"

What would you have done differently? Which countries did get it right?

By *nimaginativeUsernameMan  over a year ago

Rochester, Kent

What would you have done differently? Which countries did get it right? "

Exactly.

Whoever was in power would be criticised by the opposition and their supporters. There was no precedent for this situation. Let’s just get on with recovery, and blame the Chinese, not Boris.

Nothing to gain from this type of thing at all. Mistakes were made but they were made by every country. No one got it right. Even Saint Jacinda in NZ is now reaping the harms of aggressive prolonged lockdowns.

Any enquiry would cost a fortune, say “mistakes were made but they were made in good faith bearing in mind the lack of precedent” and nothing would change. Waste of time and money.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"Xurrebt government made mistakes.. quite a few.. but my god imagine if Corbyn and Abbott were in charge during this time... "

I really can’t imagine it! They would have made Lebanon look like a functional county in comparison to what they would have done!

Halifax

Yeah. They did well. Who needs to know why thousands died. Needlessly or otherwise.

Who needs protextive gear? Let the medics wear bin bags brought from home. Release untested people back into nursing homes. Who gives a fuck about old people dying lile dry grass in a firestorm as a result.

I habe to be careful or I'm gonna sau some people are cunts.and stupid.

Its like saying who needs medical research. Whu shoild we easte mknet finsing out why people die, which medicines work better than others and which dont, and why.

Oh. What was that about peoplee dying in oowratong rooms until tje earltt twentieth cemtueytduee to ignorance about bugs and sanitising. Fuck it geez, any enquiry is a waste of my taxpayers money. Boris 'i don't care if there's a mountain of bodieslockddown woll be lifted' Johnson (or whoever) did the best he could. Stop moaning.

God knows wjyy we even bothered with sanitation. What's the point. Waste off fuckong time and money. And what did tthe fucking Romans ever do for us.

Jesus christ.

Halifax

Sorry. Fucking typos. Think you get the gist. Somehow.

Fuck it. Why do we even habe autopsies.

Waste. Of. Fucking. Time.

Halifax

Sorry all. I self evidently lost my temper.

I stand by the sentiment though. Something as serious as this should never, ever be swept under the carpet.

STOKE ON TRENT

"Sorry all. I self evidently lost my temper.

I stand by the sentiment though. Something as serious as this should never, ever be swept under the carpet. "

Calm down

By *ULL IN A CHINA SHOPMan  over a year ago

south coast

And yet you do nothing about it. Makes perfect sense. Do you even vote?

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Find it quite disappointing how people on here are so willing to hand wave away such ineptitude by our Govt. They are supposed to work for us (we aren’t their subjects).

If any of you were as repeatedly inept or untrustworthy in your job you’d be sacked (no not wait a few years for an election).

So much whataboutery and “who could do better” which is spurious at best as impossible to answer beyond gut feel based on previous behaviour and their “CV”

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

Don't know what that would achieve.

Whats youre thoughts .

Agree or disagree"

merseyside

Whats youre thoughts .

Agree or disagree"

Don't know what that would achieve.

merseyside

"The current government could kill the relatives of people who voted for them and that wouldn't change people's minds.

And yes, I know they did kill relatives of people who voted for them."

And that, sadly, shows the strength of the opposition.

Wirral

What would you have done differently? Which countries did get it right? "

Not sure about the different countries but what could have been done better - just a few for starters?

1. The PPE stocks? Where were they? There are a large number of incidents that I know have been modelled and exercises carried out. I suspect that penny pinching cost saving has ruined any lessons from incident modelling. This is gross incompetence - just to start.

2. An earlier lockdown was obvious. We went into a voluntary lockdown weeks before the official version and the reduction in people out and about demonstrated that it was obvious to a large proportion of the public but not the government. I think one of the main drivers to the lockdown was a threat from France and the EU to stop food supplies if we didn't lockdown. Fancy needing that bunch to tell us anything.

3. Local government should have been properly engaged and used for track and trace rather than the centralised, jobs for the boys effort that we got.

4. Emptying hospitals to care homes has already been pointed out as an obvious weakness. That did not need to be done the way they did it and it was glaringly obvious.

The above 4 points are not some kind of magic Captain Hindsight list. They are the obvious things that went wrong that were clear or should have been clear at the time.

Would Labour have done any better - probably not and maybe worse but the pandemic has demonstrated how incompetent the UK government is.

Wirral

Oh and just to rub salt into the wound. They will probably carry out some enquiry at some point which comes out with the same list and others but will probably take enough time so we all forget. A bit like Grenfell.

"Xurrebt government made mistakes.. quite a few.. but my god imagine if Corbyn and Abbott were in charge during this time... "

Shudder at the thought

Wirral

"Xurrebt government made mistakes.. quite a few.. but my god imagine if Corbyn and Abbott were in charge during this time...

Shudder at the thought "

I'm not so sure they would do any worse to be honest. Good crisis leaders are not always the obvious choice. People can often surprise you.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Not sure about the different countries but what could have been done better - just a few for starters?

1. The PPE stocks? Where were they? There are a large number of incidents that I know have been modelled and exercises carried out. I suspect that penny pinching cost saving has ruined any lessons from incident modelling. This is gross incompetence - just to start.

2. An earlier lockdown was obvious. We went into a voluntary lockdown weeks before the official version and the reduction in people out and about demonstrated that it was obvious to a large proportion of the public but not the government. I think one of the main drivers to the lockdown was a threat from France and the EU to stop food supplies if we didn't lockdown. Fancy needing that bunch to tell us anything.

3. Local government should have been properly engaged and used for track and trace rather than the centralised, jobs for the boys effort that we got.

4. Emptying hospitals to care homes has already been pointed out as an obvious weakness. That did not need to be done the way they did it and it was glaringly obvious.

The above 4 points are not some kind of magic Captain Hindsight list. They are the obvious things that went wrong that were clear or should have been clear at the time.

Would Labour have done any better - probably not and maybe worse but the pandemic has demonstrated how incompetent the UK government is."

Govt, local authorities, NHS, local trusts, care homes, airlines, border force, and last not least people... Who failed to take the most basic of common sense precautions... Even now people are still going to work and spreading germs to their workmates with coughs and colds and winter ailments. If we want a proper review it needs to be much broader than central govt.

Wirral

Would Labour have done any better - probably not and maybe worse but the pandemic has demonstrated how incompetent the UK government is.

Govt, local authorities, NHS, local trusts, care homes, airlines, border force, and last not least people... Who failed to take the most basic of common sense precautions... Even now people are still going to work and spreading germs to their workmates with coughs and colds and winter ailments. If we want a proper review it needs to be much broader than central govt. "

But that is the danger. Such a wide scope would go on for years and most lessons would become irrelevant.

Do the simple things first and get them done.

Even people going to work, no safe spacing, no masks etc has all been driven yet again by the government.

» Add a new message to this topic