FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Covid twice??

Covid twice??

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone had it twice? I had it this time last year AND have had both jabs but now think I have covid again

What???

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *awtyPapaMan  over a year ago

Southend-on-Sea

"Anyone had it twice? I had it this time last year AND have had both jabs but now think I have covid again

What??? "

Yes, unfortunately you can get it twice. My daughter is a nurse, caught it in march and September last year. Good luck

By *izzy.Woman  over a year ago

Stoke area

"Anyone had it twice? I had it this time last year AND have had both jabs but now think I have covid again

What??? "

There are different strains of it, so although unlikely to get it more than once, it is definitely possible.

By *rindnbumpCouple  over a year ago

Our little world of Kinky Fuckery in Durham

Bump thinks he has had it twice. Had a positive test last October but also thinks he had it April 2020 as well, but can't confirm as they weren't testing back then.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I’ve had it twice. Confirmed by PCR test both times. Approx 6 months apart.

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

I have only once, but some of my colleagues have had it twice.

Funny that the official data was only 50 people have been confirmed to have had covid twice and looking at it half of them are on this post….

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"Funny that the official data was only 50 people have been confirmed to have had covid twice and looking at it half of them are on this post…."

As of beginning of June 16000 people have been recorded as having covid twice in England. My niece has had it twice, both times confirmed by pcr. Suspected to have had a 3rd time but negative pcr so probably another virus the 3rd time.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Get well soon

What??? "

Yes my daughter's line manager has had it twice even after vaccination.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

No one ever said that the vaccine would stop anyone getting it again ,just reduces the symptoms is all.

"No one ever said that the vaccine would stop anyone getting it again ,just reduces the symptoms is all.

"

Yes, I agree.

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

"No one ever said that the vaccine would stop anyone getting it again ,just reduces the symptoms is all.

Yes, I agree. "

There is more than one strain.

By *perfectpair5050Couple  over a year ago

marlbourgh

You can catch the flu more then once why would it be any different with Covid

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

What??? "

had it twice Feb 2020 and March 2021 the first infection fatigue for 6 months, the second infection slight cough for a couple of days. No jabs

By *uncouple2425Couple  over a year ago

doncaster

I’m pretty sure I had it in December 19, but as there were no tests back then can’t be sure. I then tested positive December 20 and still don’t fully have smell and taste back.

My daughter and her Bf also tested positive in December 20 and then both again this summer. I think this year was Delta variant as the symptoms were very different for them.

(Mr)

Every time theres a new variant you potentially can catch it.

The COVID-19 Vaccine does not stop you from catching COVID-19!

It merely makes the illness less severe, so hopefully you will not be hospitalised or die!

Even if vaccinated, you should still take precautions wherever possible.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

We will all catch it. Then we will all catch it again and again. Immunity to this class of virus is generally short lived

Manchester (she/her)

"We will all catch it. Then we will all catch it again and again. Immunity to this class of virus is generally short lived"

I think they're estimating median immunity of 16 months from infection based immunity. Unknown for vaccines, although some waning in evidence.

T cell immunity is the most important thing - harder to measure.

Yep, had it twice

First time I lost my smell and taste, second time I was completely asymptomatic. I got lucky compared to friends and family

By *aussageMan  over a year ago

sherborne

The fact people are claiming to have had it twice, coupled with the fact many are double jabbed .. Surely this might indicate the testing is bullshit and producing many false positives.

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

"The fact people are claiming to have had it twice, coupled with the fact many are double jabbed .. Surely this might indicate the testing is bullshit and producing many false positives."

No it means that like any vaccine it is not a 100% effective way of completly stopping you from catching the virus and the many variants that have mutated from the original, it does however reduce the chance of serious complications, hospitalisation or death. And as for the tests was there not recently an article published about a company reporting false negatives meaning people with the virus where unknowingly going about thier lives risking infecting other people.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"The fact people are claiming to have had it twice, coupled with the fact many are double jabbed .. Surely this might indicate the testing is bullshit and producing many false positives."

Nope it doesn’t, it really really doesn’t!

By *airyfatmanMan  over a year ago

by 'ere

A guy i work with has had it 3 times. I had it myself about 5 weeks ago and have been double jabbed. Was like a bad flu for me but i didn't need to go hospital which shows jabs working. Jabs don't stop toy catching it but make you less severely ill if you do...

By *aussageMan  over a year ago

sherborne

So you really believe people are just repeatedly getting covid-19? Are their immune systems broken? Can you imagine is someone claimed to have had measles twice or 3 times in the same year.

by 'ere

"So you really believe people are just repeatedly getting covid-19? Are their immune systems broken? Can you imagine is someone claimed to have had measles twice or 3 times in the same year."

Its a corona type virus, just as the common cold is, and people can get that several times a year but people don't question that....

Manchester (she/her)

"So you really believe people are just repeatedly getting covid-19? Are their immune systems broken? Can you imagine is someone claimed to have had measles twice or 3 times in the same year."

Well, given measles is a pox virus and Covid is a corona virus, they don't function in the same way.

Also, if immune systems give permanent immunity against illness, then why do we get colds as adults? That should die out in childhood

(Four of the endemic coronaviruses are colds, so yeah it's relevant)

by 'ere

"So you really believe people are just repeatedly getting covid-19? Are their immune systems broken? Can you imagine is someone claimed to have had measles twice or 3 times in the same year.

Well, given measles is a pox virus and Covid is a corona virus, they don't function in the same way.

Also, if immune systems give permanent immunity against illness, then why do we get colds as adults? That should die out in childhood

(Four of the endemic coronaviruses are colds, so yeah it's relevant)"

Much more scientific than my response, but saying the same thing... lol

My friend had it twice, the second time she got it was after her first jab but before she had chance to get her second one, she wasn't as ill the second time around

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"So you really believe people are just repeatedly getting covid-19? Are their immune systems broken? Can you imagine is someone claimed to have had measles twice or 3 times in the same year.

Its a corona type virus, just as the common cold is, and people can get that several times a year but people don't question that...."

You are right pretty much in what you are saying. But not all viruses that cause a cold are corona viruses.

(Four of the endemic coronaviruses are colds, so yeah it's relevant)"

Well said, it's very relevant, I work in the programme x

Press reports indicate some people are getting it twice because of the different strains. The good news is if you are to trust the reports is that the 2nd round is usually not as severe

By *heNaturistCoupleCouple  over a year ago

crewe

"Funny that the official data was only 50 people have been confirmed to have had covid twice and looking at it half of them are on this post….

As of beginning of June 16000 people have been recorded as having covid twice in England. My niece has had it twice, both times confirmed by pcr. Suspected to have had a 3rd time but negative pcr so probably another virus the 3rd time."

It's still extremely rare because those 16,000 are out of a minimum of 7 million confirmed but probably more like 15 million infections.

crewe

"Press reports indicate some people are getting it twice because of the different strains. The good news is if you are to trust the reports is that the 2nd round is usually not as severe"

There are no different strains in this country, according to ons data Delta makes up 100% of sequenced infections.

You can get any virus two times, it's rare and almost always is far far less severe.

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

What??? "

Yes been tested positive twice but only had a headache and was hard getting fit again after the first time was more unwell from the vaccine.

"Bump thinks he has had it twice. Had a positive test last October but also thinks he had it April 2020 as well, but can't confirm as they weren't testing back then."

When Bump thought he had it in October. Was he still going into work or working from home?

Had it twice myself. A friend working in Special Needs School has just started got her third positive result. August last year, Jan this year and now..

What???

There are different strains of it, so although unlikely to get it more than once, it is definitely possible. "

There looks like being no permanent immunity to the virus. So far, those who have had the vaccine and then infection, seem to have better immune quality than those who had one but not the other.

In any case, there is now a substrain of the delta variant circulating, which seems to be more transmissible than the original delta strain.

Shit ‘appens. They knew in 1918 that wearing simple cloth masks reduced infection. Obviously intelligence doesn’t increase over time

What???

There are different strains of it, so although unlikely to get it more than once, it is definitely possible.

There looks like being no permanent immunity to the virus. So far, those who have had the vaccine and then infection, seem to have better immune quality than those who had one but not the other.

In any case, there is now a substrain of the delta variant circulating, which seems to be more transmissible than the original delta strain.

Shit ‘appens. They knew in 1918 that wearing simple cloth masks reduced infection. Obviously intelligence doesn’t increase over time"

Intelligence doesn't increase but stupidity does!!

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

I've been at work with a cold for two weeks now and not spread it. Face masks really work. As does soap and water.

[Removed by poster at 19/10/21 19:42:51]

My friend at work is convinced she’s had it three times although 1/3 times she didn’t have a test confirming it.

She had it near the start of the pandemic and then again after she was double vaccinated, she said the second time really took her down, she was off work for weeks.

"My friend at work is convinced she’s had it three times although 1/3 times she didn’t have a test confirming it.

She had it near the start of the pandemic and then again after she was double vaccinated, she said the second time really took her down, she was off work for weeks.

"

I know of someone who thinks they've had it at least three if not 5 times, but never tested but imo i doubt it i think they have long covid and got it intially around Jan 2020 before the secrets of this visrus started to come out

crewe

What???

Shit ‘appens. They knew in 1918 that wearing simple cloth masks reduced infection. Obviously intelligence doesn’t increase over time"

A substrain? I hate to be the bearer of bad news for you but on any given week of this entire Pandemic testing for sequences I'll see thousands of "substains" of Delta, in fact I'd be lucky to see any two the same! Was just the same for alpha and just the same for all the others, the media idea that there's just been another variant detected is just laughable for those of us testing.

"My friend at work is convinced she’s had it three times although 1/3 times she didn’t have a test confirming it.

I know of someone who thinks they've had it at least three if not 5 times, but never tested but imo i doubt it i think they have long covid and got it intially around Jan 2020 before the secrets of this visrus started to come out"

Yeah without testing it’s doubtful.

I work in Social Care so we test three times a week one PCR and two LFT’s.

She was confirmed positive by PCR twice but there was over a years time between both infections if I recall.

» Add a new message to this topic