FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Thread for the unvaccinated

Thread for the unvaccinated

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *kywalker22 OP   Man  over a year ago

Ambleside

For those that haven't yet...for whatever reasons..a place to come together and share

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

Ambleside

For whatever reasons, I've chosen at the moment not to take the vaccine. I've been so surprised with the vitriol and animosity shown to people for whatever personal reasons have chosen not to be vaccinated

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I’m not vaccinated.

You’ll get a tonne of posts now telling you you’re a selfish, conspiracy theorist and trying to tell you all of the reasons that you should get the vaccine immediately. Watch this space

By *iscreteguy1287Man  over a year ago

Manchester

Really don't care if a person is vaccinated or not. People have different reasons to get or not to get vaccinated.

By *jfrenchMan  over a year ago

Stockport

I'm wary of creating yet more division. A 'us and them' if you will. Surely we're all on this chunk of rock together and we can all strive to get along. Sure, we can have adult sane, sober, moral discussions and debates. If we can't then there really is no hope.

But the main point I'd raise - as seen by some of the responses already to this post - is that its seen as simply a choice. You either choose to get vaccinated or you choose not to. As in Yes/No. A narrative that - extremely worryingly - seems to be endorsed by many political leaders and backed up by the media.

You see the actual reality - that seems to get overlooked for some reason - is that some people don't have a choice. They, for a myriad of reasons, can't have the vaccine. Yet they seem to get automatically lumped into the 'chose not to be vaccinated' camp.

So let's have open discussions and everyone might, just might be tad more understanding of a situation that is more complex than a simple Yes/No.

Ambleside

Yes. Why is that?

Ambleside

Great point

By *j20012002Couple  over a year ago

sarisbury ish

"I'm wary of creating yet more division. A 'us and them' if you will. Surely we're all on this chunk of rock together and we can all strive to get along. Sure, we can have adult sane, sober, moral discussions and debates. If we can't then there really is no hope.

But the main point I'd raise - as seen by some of the responses already to this post - is that its seen as simply a choice. You either choose to get vaccinated or you choose not to. As in Yes/No. A narrative that - extremely worryingly - seems to be endorsed by many political leaders and backed up by the media.

You see the actual reality - that seems to get overlooked for some reason - is that some people don't have a choice. They, for a myriad of reasons, can't have the vaccine. Yet they seem to get automatically lumped into the 'chose not to be vaccinated' camp.

So let's have open discussions and everyone might, just might be tad more understanding of a situation that is more complex than a simple Yes/No.

"

By *j20012002Couple  over a year ago

sarisbury ish

"I'm wary of creating yet more division. A 'us and them' if you will. Surely we're all on this chunk of rock together and we can all strive to get along. Sure, we can have adult sane, sober, moral discussions and debates. If we can't then there really is no hope.

HERE HERE!

"

By *ob08Man  over a year ago

Macclesfield

Can you expand on "for whatever reasons" and actually explain why you've not had it then? Otherwise there can't be much discussion.

By *anes HubbyCouple  over a year ago

Babbacombe Torquay

I couldn't care less if someone chooses not to be vaccinated, it's a personal choice......but I won't lose any sleep if they succumb to the virus as they chose not to have it.

Ambleside

"I couldn't care less if someone chooses not to be vaccinated, it's a personal choice......but I won't lose any sleep if they succumb to the virus as they chose not to have it."

You mean if I don't take vaccine and I die

.you would be cool with that?

Ambleside

"Can you expand on "for whatever reasons" and actually explain why you've not had it then? Otherwise there can't be much discussion."

For me personally...I've lost members of my family through medical malpractice..so I've been brought up with a general distrust of the medical system

By *appy 2 lickMan  over a year ago

lanarkshire

My question is what if someone vacinated spreads covid are they selfish and irresponsible as they say that about someone who has not had the jabs.

The vacation does not stop you spreading it or catching it.

Ambleside

"My question is what if someone vacinated spreads covid are they selfish and irresponsible as they say that about someone who has not had the jabs.

The vacation does not stop you spreading it or catching it."

Ambleside

"My question is what if someone vacinated spreads covid are they selfish and irresponsible as they say that about someone who has not had the jabs.

So why would you have it then? It's the vaccinated that see the unvaccinated as a a threat..despite having two / three jabs..if the vaccine works..then unvaccinated are no threat..thing is...vax doesn't work

By *lakeyboyMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"

This is the most sensible and reality check comment/reply I've read on here in ages.

Everything JJFrench says is totally on point. Especially the part of world leaders and mainstream media wanting to demonise the (so called) unvaccinated. Like JJ says it is not always simply down to choice. Despite what those buffoons 'running' Scotland, France, Italy, Australia and New Zealand say.

For the record I'm fully vaccinated. But I can see no logic in their approaches. Testing? Yes. Encouraging people to get vaccinated if they can? Yes. But their agendas seem very counterproductive. Unless you are in the vaccine business of course.

Ambleside

This is the most sensible and reality check comment/reply I've read on here in ages.

Everything JJFrench says is totally on point. Especially the part of world leaders and mainstream media wanting to demonise the (so called) unvaccinated. Like JJ says it is not always simply down to choice. Despite what those buffoons 'running' Scotland, France, Italy, Australia and New Zealand say.

For the record I'm fully vaccinated. But I can see no logic in their approaches. Testing? Yes. Encouraging people to get vaccinated if they can? Yes. But their agendas seem very counterproductive. Unless you are in the vaccine business of course. "

Great words

By *ikemagicMan  over a year ago

Huddersfield

"

I don't usually comment on here. But I just had to say how sensible and well thought out this reply is.

By *appy 2 lickMan  over a year ago

lanarkshire

So why would you have it then? It's the vaccinated that see the unvaccinated as a a threat..despite having two / three jabs..if the vaccine works..then unvaccinated are no threat..thing is...vax doesn't work "

it's not a vaccine as such it's the same as the flu jab that's not a vaccine. This covid jabs is a trial drug and still not a year old and no long term data on it and the people selling it can't say how long it will give you anti-bodies for or so called protection

By *irky_coupleCouple  over a year ago

kirky

So why would you have it then? It's the vaccinated that see the unvaccinated as a a threat..despite having two / three jabs..if the vaccine works..then unvaccinated are no threat..thing is...vax doesn't work "

do you really need someone to explain how it works or are you just trolling with the vax doesn't work comment?

Take the Jab and another AND now another and yet…….

You can still catch Covid etc.

Yes we know hospital rates are or should be lower etc BUT….

Cue the fact checkers

By *ally dugsCouple  over a year ago

Motherwell

So why would you have it then? It's the vaccinated that see the unvaccinated as a a threat..despite having two / three jabs..if the vaccine works..then unvaccinated are no threat..thing is...vax doesn't work do you really need someone to explain how it works or are you just trolling with the vax doesn't work comment?"

but dose it give you better 5G

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

[Removed by poster at 18/10/21 05:40:29]

"Take the Jab and another AND now another and yet…….

Cue the fact checkers "

We will never know the full truth, fact, fiction - who do we believe!

It came from that source, they're telling the truth or it came from another, they must be right.

Two vaccines in the same year, hasn't really filled me with hope that it works. A third had me question it completely - which I'm entitled to have, but not taken it.... Rushed it was unfortunately...think time will tell

"

By *andare63Man  over a year ago

oldham

I couldn't care less who is vaccinated or not. But I do care about freedom of choice

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"I couldn't care less if someone chooses not to be vaccinated, it's a personal choice......but I won't lose any sleep if they succumb to the virus as they chose not to have it.

.you would be cool with that?"

You make your choice it’s that simple

By *leaserforPleasureTV/TS  over a year ago

Whitstable

"Can you expand on "for whatever reasons" and actually explain why you've not had it then? Otherwise there can't be much discussion.

For me personally...I've lost members of my family through medical malpractice..so I've been brought up with a general distrust of the medical system "

What do yo do then if your sick / ill / injured?

If you broke your leg you would not go to hospital and try and fix it yourself?

If you were unfortunate to pick up an STI would you just leave it in the hope that it would eventually go away?

Would you also no longer drive a car if you had lost someone or they had been badly injured due to someone else’s negligent driving?

"Take the Jab and another AND now another and yet…….

Cue the fact checkers

We will never know the full truth, fact, fiction - who do we believe!

It came from that source, they're telling the truth or it came from another, they must be right.

Two vaccines in the same year, hasn't really filled me with hope that it works. A third had me question it completely - which I'm entitled to have, but not taken it.... Rushed it was unfortunately...think time will tell "

THAT!! I can reason with

By *leaserforPleasureTV/TS  over a year ago

Whitstable

If you were to go on a theme park / fairground ride would you refuse to use the safety holding devices because if you hold yourself in tight enough you won’t fall out. It’s potential damage limitation.

Covid vaccines are not yet a cure because Covid is not the same as (for example) smallpox where the vaccine has as good as eradicated it.

If the Covid vaccines reduce the spread, cut the risk of dieing, cut the risk of being seriously ill or hospitalised then surely thats a good thing (all the evidence so far points to this).

From a gambling point of view one is reducing your risk of being seriously affected by Covid and reducing the risk to others at a very smaller risk of being affected by the vaccine yourself.

Like in a horse race more often than not the 2/1 favourite will win but on a rare occasion the 100/1 outsider will.

By *BBWWoman  over a year ago

somewhere in suffolk

"I couldn't care less who is vaccinated or not. But I do care about freedom of choice "

Me too but the care sector had two choices, get vaccinated or lose your job ... nothing to sign from the government, just two choices !!

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

In Scotland you now can't go to a nightclub or adult entertainment venue unless you are double vaccinated

By *dam_TinaCouple  over a year ago

Hampshire

"

For me personally...I've lost members of my family through medical malpractice..so I've been brought up with a general distrust of the medical system "

You've had more than one family member die as a result of medical malpractice ?

As predicted, not a thread for those without the vaccine

Leeds

"

You've had more than one family member die as a result of medical malpractice ?"

The family will be millionaires from the compensation but it can't bring back their loved ones

"I couldn't care less if someone chooses not to be vaccinated, it's a personal choice......but I won't lose any sleep if they succumb to the virus as they chose not to have it.

.you would be cool with that?"

If our paths crossed; perhaps I was a friend of yours or a medical professional looking after you, then I would be focused on your welfare if you caught the virus. As someone who would just see you included in the statistics, I would feel detached from you and just feel saddened to hear of someone else who has become another statistic.

If you choose not to take up the offer of a reduced risk of catching the virus and, if you still catch it, reduced risk of it turning life threatening, then that’s up to you.

I’m vaccinated and I’ve stopped wearing a mask. I want to live my life and life is too short to be worrying about the what ifs. If it gets me then I guess it was my time.

You make your own choices. Live your own life.

"As predicted, not a thread for those without the vaccine "

Think it depends if they wish to participate tbh.

Majority won't for obvious reasons, which ironically is stopping their freedom of choice....

"As predicted, not a thread for those without the vaccine "

It’s a forum. Put ‘ladies only’ in the header and the guys still comment.

"As predicted, not a thread for those without the vaccine

It’s a forum. Put ‘ladies only’ in the header and the guys still comment. "

True and I know they obviously can as no one can be “stopped” as such from doing so but should they?

This section is brimming with pro vaccine posters, would it be nice, as the OP intended for there to be ONE post for those who are unvaccinated to chat without the vaccinated (predictably) hijacking and bashing? Just a thought

Majority won't for obvious reasons, which ironically is stopping their freedom of choice...."

No, they won’t because they’ll get bashed by others!

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

[Removed by poster at 18/10/21 08:26:10]

Leeds

Majority won't for obvious reasons, which ironically is stopping their freedom of choice....

No, they won’t because they’ll get bashed by others! "

I think unvaccinated people on here are by far the minority

Falkirk

"In Scotland you now can't go to a nightclub or adult entertainment venue unless you are double vaccinated "

I was out at the weekend and only asked once to show my vaccination card on entry.

It seems a bit more lax than the Scottish government will have you believe.

I wonder if those that choose not to be vaccinated would do the same if they knew the NHS wouldn’t treat them if they contracted Covid!

Falkirk

"I wonder if those that choose not to be vaccinated would do the same if they knew the NHS wouldn’t treat them if they contracted Covid!"

I won't make any difference at the moment, it's not legislation that the NHS won't treat people who have contracted covid.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"For those that haven't yet...for whatever reasons..a place to come together and share "

You're body your rules.

"I wonder if those that choose not to be vaccinated would do the same if they knew the NHS wouldn’t treat them if they contracted Covid!"

The obvious retort to this would be -

Should they NHS also not treat smokers, the obese, alcoholics, drug addicts etc etc.

I won’t get into this however as it was not what the thread was intended for

Tin town

Is that scenario likely to happen then?

"Really don't care if a person is vaccinated or not. People have different reasons to get or not to get vaccinated."

Absolutely this. I am vaccinated, but have no issues with those that choose not to.

True and I know they obviously can as no one can be “stopped” as such from doing so but should they?

This section is brimming with pro vaccine posters, would it be nice, as the OP intended for there to be ONE post for those who are unvaccinated to chat without the vaccinated (predictably) hijacking and bashing? Just a thought "

Did I bash?

"For those that haven't yet...for whatever reasons..a place to come together and share "

Thanks for the thread OP, nice for those who haven’t been vaccinated to have somewhere to chat without being lambasted.

I’m an NHS clinician and therefore have had more vaccines than hot dinners! My children are all fully vaccinated too so I’m in no way anti vax.

I suffer from life threatening anaphylaxis and carry an epi pen.

In the beginning, when my colleagues started to get their vaccines, I was told absolutely nit, it wasn’t safe.

Some months later, the stance changed slightly to - “you MIGHT be ok to have it” and is currently “you SHOULD be ok, we will stand by with Adrenalin”!

So needless to say, my confidence is zero and my anxiety around the vaccine is high.

I have had Covid and was part of an antibody study. This gave me some comfort, to know I had antibodies. They lasted for just over 7 months.

I also have a huge fear of Covid. It’s an awful place to be. Petrified of Covid and petrified of the vaccine.

I live my life and try to just be as safe as I can.

I’m so angry and frustrated to be lumped in as an “anti vaxxer” or conspiracy theorist.

A lot of vaccinated people don’t consider the human struggles behind some peoples reasoning for not having it but I’m at the point now where I’m starting to not care what they think of me. I’ve even had Simone bringing up the fact that I have cosmetic procedures ffs! They try to make you feel guilty but it goes over my head now. I fight with this in my head daily and they haven’t a clue!

Anyway, nice thread OP, thank you for giving me (hopefully) a safe place to share

This section is brimming with pro vaccine posters, would it be nice, as the OP intended for there to be ONE post for those who are unvaccinated to chat without the vaccinated (predictably) hijacking and bashing? Just a thought

Did I bash? "

No, not you.

"For those that haven't yet...for whatever reasons..a place to come together and share

Thanks for the thread OP, nice for those who haven’t been vaccinated to have somewhere to chat without being lambasted.

I’m an NHS clinician and therefore have had more vaccines than hot dinners! My children are all fully vaccinated too so I’m in no way anti vax.

In the beginning, when my colleagues started to get their vaccines, I was told absolutely nit, it wasn’t safe.

Some months later, the stance changed slightly to - “you MIGHT be ok to have it” and is currently “you SHOULD be ok, we will stand by with Adrenalin”!

So needless to say, my confidence is zero and my anxiety around the vaccine is high.

I have had Covid and was part of an antibody study. This gave me some comfort, to know I had antibodies. They lasted for just over 7 months.

I also have a huge fear of Covid. It’s an awful place to be. Petrified of Covid and petrified of the vaccine.

I’m so angry and frustrated to be lumped in as an “anti vaxxer” or conspiracy theorist.

A lot of vaccinated people don’t consider the human struggles behind some peoples reasoning for not having it but I’m at the point now where I’m starting to not care what they think of me. I’ve even had Simone bringing up the fact that I have cosmetic procedures ffs! They try to make you feel guilty but it goes over my head now. I fight with this in my head daily and they haven’t a clue!

Anyway, nice thread OP, thank you for giving me (hopefully) a safe place to share "

*someone, not simone haha fat fingers

People who are pro vaccine, are just as bad as those who are anti Vax. It's the same energy. The same parading around their position like a badge of honour. virtue signalling if you like, to their "group".

I just find it tedious. I'm vaxed, I've always believed the science around vaccination, and I find the conspiracy theories around covid stupid. On par with flat earth theory.

But it's up to the individual if they get vaccinated or not, end of story.

Tin town

See that's where I think the "it works / doesn't work" discussion is hijacked by personal opinion. What are people's expectations of it "working" or equally "not working"...? Working to stop virus spreading...? Working to stop symptoms and illness? Working to stop hospital admission or working to stop death.? Or perhaps something else?

I let the numbers and facts speak for themselves. Take a look at the covid surveillance report and see which of those numbers are better or worse with or without the vaccine.

I do tend to agree that certainly in these fora, generally the vax seem to behavr as if they are holier than thou. I don't like the polarisation that is propagated.

Tin town

"For those that haven't yet...for whatever reasons..a place to come together and share

Anyway, nice thread OP, thank you for giving me (hopefully) a safe place to share "

Very well said. Not that you should have to explain your choices. Hopefully things will settle down in another year or two and it will become like the flu vaccine... A personal choice that doesn't cause heated debate or prejudiced opinions of strangers.

By *good-being-badMan  over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

I'm not anti any jab, I've had many jabs for many diseases.. all were free choices I (in adult life )or my parents made.

I am anti the bullying force coercion that is being used in the name of this jab,the powers that be need to tread very carefully I remember the loss of confidence in the mmr jab only a few years ago, the fallout from that was felt years later with reductions in jabs this may go the same way.

Those who think it right to force mandate the jab on others think of the precedent you're setting, the next policy you may disagree with.,precedent is set.

"So why would you have it then? It's the vaccinated that see the unvaccinated as a a threat..despite having two / three jabs..if the vaccine works..then unvaccinated are no threat..thing is...vax doesn't work "

The choice of the word threat is quite poor tbh

Throughout this pandemic every ICU has had within it a myriad of soul crushing stories and for the families and patients there’s a key word, regret.

There’s been all sorts, people who’ve broken lock down and brought C-19 home to a family member who hasn’t survived the infection, those who’ve avoided medical care due to fear and importantly now in growing numbers those who reflect on their loss with a simple question, would the vaccine have saved them, their partner, their parents etc.

In a position of care you simply treat whoever is in front of you, if it’s a young lad with stab wounds due to his involvement in gang culture it doesn’t make the scenario any less saddening to witness. Likewise when you are treating the unvaccinated you can only have sympathy for the situation and individuals concerned.

What I would say is Covid is a horrific way to die should the illness become severe. We know first hand the huge difference in chances of survival when we are treating those carrying the vaccine (who are unfortunate enough to still get infected and require hospitalisation) compared to those who have no defence.

I wouldn’t wish that level of regret, sadness or grief on anyone regardless of my own views regarding the individuals stupidity In not getting vaccinated. I fail to connect with people who believe their knowledge outweighs those who’ve dedicated their lives to researching infectious diseases, I can’t understand why someone would make such a selfish choice but likewise it is a choice and as such it needs to be respected and if/when it does backfire… you do your best to pick up the peices.

"I’m not vaccinated.

You’ll get a tonne of posts now telling you you’re a selfish, conspiracy theorist and trying to tell you all of the reasons that you should get the vaccine immediately. Watch this space "

This.

I’m not vaccinated either. I have absolutely no issues with those who are, nor am I a conspiracy theorist, as I’m all for people getting it if they feel they want to.

Plenty family members have and I don’t judge them or love them any less. Far too many people are indoctrinated by the media to think we are all raging hippies against vaccination and here to spread misinformation.

I’m not.

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

"I’m not vaccinated.

You’ll get a tonne of posts now telling you you’re a selfish, conspiracy theorist and trying to tell you all of the reasons that you should get the vaccine immediately. Watch this space "

This .

That same question could be posed to smokers, obese people, alcoholics, drug users & drivers.

All the above being a choice too.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

So why would you have it then? It's the vaccinated that see the unvaccinated as a a threat..despite having two / three jabs..if the vaccine works..then unvaccinated are no threat..

thing is...vax doesn't work "

Thing is... Vax does work.

So why would you have it then? It's the vaccinated that see the unvaccinated as a a threat..despite having two / three jabs..if the vaccine works..then unvaccinated are no threat..

thing is...vax doesn't work

Thing is... Vax does work. "

If the Vax doesn’t work… my advice would be seek the help of a floor cleaner repair specialist tbh

"I wonder if those that choose not to be vaccinated would do the same if they knew the NHS wouldn’t treat them if they contracted Covid!

That same question could be posed to smokers, obese people, alcoholics, drug users & drivers.

All the above being a choice too. "

There’s no argument to restrict access to healthcare.

The logical precedent is to compare ‘smoking’ and restrict access to certain locations to minimise impact and harm caused to others

Central

thing is...vax doesn't work it's not a vaccine as such it's the same as the flu jab that's not a vaccine. This covid jabs is a trial drug and still not a year old and no long term data on it and the people selling it can't say how long it will give you anti-bodies for or so called protection "

Thing is... the many vaccines for Covid are vaccines, despite your trying to spin them as something else. They were experimental during earlier stages, like all new developments are - but they progressed through Stage 3 Clinical Trials, before gaining approval. As vaccines. Whether or not we choose to be vaccinated, the choice is upon 1 of the several vaccines, or not.

The freedoms that we have now have been won through restrictions and vaccines. The duration of immunity was enough to get us out of lockdowns etc. If you preferred lockdowns forever, you would be in a minority.

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

I've not had it. I am one of the few people I know who has declined. My colleagues have all had it and most have had their boosters now. Despite this, 3 of them came down with the bug and it floored them for nearly a week.

I haven't had it because no long term safety testing has been done. You cannot produce something in six months which usually takes years and not cut corners. Someone my age according to the CDC has a 99.97% chance of survival without medical treatment.

There are effective frontline treatments that have halted death and hospitalisations in many parts of the world without mass vaccination.

Countries that have strong vaccine uptake are seeing more cases than ever before.

There are serious concerns re antibody dependant enhancement and how the vaccine can actually destroy your natural immune response.

Massive censorship of world renown doctors and scientists who don't toe the narrative is a gigantic red flag.

No one should be pressured or coerced into a procedure against their will, especially something only granted emergency use authorisation and not full approval.

I have nothing against people who make the conscious decision to have it. It's individual choice. What I oppose is the ostracisation and curtailing of freedoms for people who think differently and made a different choice than one parroted 24/7 by the media and people with a stake in the issue.

By *andare63Man  over a year ago

oldham

"I couldn't care less who is vaccinated or not. But I do care about freedom of choice

Me too but the care sector had two choices, get vaccinated or lose your job ... nothing to sign from the government, just two choices !! "

Again I totally agree. Unprecedented times have called for unprecedented measures.

"I wonder if those that choose not to be vaccinated would do the same if they knew the NHS wouldn’t treat them if they contracted Covid!

The logical precedent is to compare ‘smoking’ and restrict access to certain locations to minimise impact and harm caused to others "

That’s all well and good if said restriction means complete protection from harm.

But having the vaccine doesn’t stop one from getting COVID so although restricted access may make some feel more safe and secure it’s not foolproof.

Besides, smokers aren’t really “restricted”. They just have to go outside to have their cigarette now and not smoke inside.

I’ve had COVID. Apart from being overweight I’m pretty healthy, young and very active these days, I’ve lost three stone in the last year due to changing my lifestyle.

I work in Social Care so I’m always on my feet and worked all the way through the pandemic at one point we had 20 COVID positive residents and 10 staff off with COVID, it was a living hell.

I caught COVID in August. Not from work funnily enough I managed to avoid it all this time, I was on annual leave, I went out to a club for the first time and caught it there, my cousin did too!

First 5 days weren’t nothing to write home about, strange symptoms such as increased heart rate and tremors. Other than that I had a fever. By day 6 the breathlessness and cough started and it nearly killed me, my mom nearly called an ambulance for me as simply turning over in bed would turn into me desperately trying to catch my breath and then having a coughing fit.

I lost a stone and a half in two weeks as I didn’t eat a thing for about 4 days, so it took me down bad. After the 10 days I was still so weak and my doctor gave me a sick note for three weeks, it actually took me 6 weeks to fully recover and have no breathlessness so it was really tough for me. People said I’d change my mind after having COVID in regards to the vaccine, but I haven’t.

I understand there’s people out there who would have the above experience and take it straight away, but I didn’t. I’ve had the virus, I now know what it’s like and I still don’t feel to get the vaccine. Again, I have nothing against it and my mind could change in the future, who knows.

The logical precedent is to compare ‘smoking’ and restrict access to certain locations to minimise impact and harm caused to others

That’s all well and good if said restriction means complete protection from harm.

But having the vaccine doesn’t stop one from getting COVID so although restricted access may make some feel more safe and secure it’s not foolproof.

Besides, smokers aren’t really “restricted”. They just have to go outside to have their cigarette now and not smoke inside. "

It reduces transmission and serious illness by about 90%, that’s fairly obvious within the figures between waves. As such the benefits to restrictions are fairly clear.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm officially unvaccinated. No good deed goes unpunished

" So why would you have it then? It's the vaccinated that see the unvaccinated as a a threat..despite having two / three jabs..if the vaccine works..then unvaccinated are no threat..thing is...vax doesn't work "

Because having the vaccine makes you less ill and less likely to die!

.you would be cool with that?

You make your choice it’s that simple "

100% correct! Don't blame others for your lack of education!

Besides, smokers aren’t really “restricted”. They just have to go outside to have their cigarette now and not smoke inside.

It reduces transmission and serious illness by about 90%, that’s fairly obvious within the figures between waves. As such the benefits to restrictions are fairly clear. "

Again, that’s not foolproof.

It’s not 100% is it? So there’s still a 10% chance just as there’s about a 10% chance non smokers can get lung cancer.

Nothing is perfect.

" Again, that’s not foolproof.

It’s not 100% is it? So there’s still a 10% chance just as there’s about a 10% chance non smokers can get lung cancer.

Nothing is perfect. "

But you would be some sort of idiot to take the 10% over the 90%!!!!

Nothing is perfect.

But you would be some sort of idiot to take the 10% over the 90%!!!!"

It doesn’t work like that though does it? You’re completely dismissing natural immunity. It’s not 90% from the vaccine or zero % without.

I’m not getting into it, as I said, it’s not what I believe the OP intended for this thread but knew it wouldn’t be long before people started the bathing, ie calling people “uneducated”.

FYI, I have a clinical degree and an advanced clinical post grad masters also. Education doesn’t come into it for many

Nothing is perfect.

It doesn’t work like that though does it? You’re completely dismissing natural immunity. It’s not 90% from the vaccine or zero % without.

I’m not getting into it, as I said, it’s not what I believe the OP intended for this thread but knew it wouldn’t be long before people started the bathing, ie calling people “uneducated”.

FYI, I have a clinical degree and an advanced clinical post grad masters also. Education doesn’t come into it for many "

*bashing. Fat fingers again

Nothing is perfect.

But you would be some sort of idiot to take the 10% over the 90%!!!!"

Really? When I have a 98/99% chance of survival?

Come on…

Nothing is perfect.

Come on… "

You’re wasting your breath hun

I am from Scotland

I was sceptical and still am about the vaccine.

We be had both and a boost because I work in social care where as stated above your choice is vaccine or the sack.

I was involved in a near fatal motorcycle accident last Christmas where I suffered multiple bone fractures.

Apart from the night of the accident where I spent 5 hours in A&E I haven’t been operated on at all. I have been left to heal naturally

Went down to York last week to see some old Navy mates, came home on Friday, tested positive on Saturday

Now ill and once again sceptical about this whole Covid vaccine situation altogether

Central

"I've not had it. I am one of the few people I know who has declined. My colleagues have all had it and most have had their boosters now. Despite this, 3 of them came down with the bug and it floored them for nearly a week.

I haven't had it because no long term safety testing has been done. You cannot produce something in six months which usually takes years and not cut corners. Someone my age according to the CDC has a 99.97% chance of survival without medical treatment.

There are effective frontline treatments that have halted death and hospitalisations in many parts of the world without mass vaccination.

Countries that have strong vaccine uptake are seeing more cases than ever before.

There are serious concerns re antibody dependant enhancement and how the vaccine can actually destroy your natural immune response.

Massive censorship of world renown doctors and scientists who don't toe the narrative is a gigantic red flag.

No one should be pressured or coerced into a procedure against their will, especially something only granted emergency use authorisation and not full approval.

I have nothing against people who make the conscious decision to have it. It's individual choice. What I oppose is the ostracisation and curtailing of freedoms for people who think differently and made a different choice than one parroted 24/7 by the media and people with a stake in the issue."

Your colleagues would likely have been much more seriously ill or died, if they'd not had the vaccinations.

You don't work in medicine development I assume. The testing can be very similar, in terms of timescales, these vaccines or other meds. It's just that greater resources have allowed these to cut the long periods where ordinarily nothing happens... People sit about waiting to write reports without urgent deadlines... People have to work, campaigning for funding to continue... People work on multiple projects, diluting the actual time spent, as they were typically spent exclusively with covid... People spend months trying to get government approvals to run trials, in each of the many different countries they are run in - approvals for the vaccines were prioritised, etc.

In many respects, the testing has been the best, the way we've been so fortunate to have had it done. The volume of people involved has been extraordinary, the amount of collaboration unprecedented. The sheer volume of work and attention invested unmatched in world history. You've never had it so good.

And people spent so little time with restrictions, because of the vaccines, helping you to get out again, livelihoods earned again.

The vaccines have reduced the impact for us all. Fewer people infected, fewer people seriously ill, fewer people dead. Each one of us, whether jabbed or not, could have been 1 of the less fortunate. Some would have seen unnecessarily long vaccine development times, which would have had tens of thousands, potentially hundreds of thousands more deaths, just in the UK. Jobs and businesses gone to the wall.

Nothing is perfect.

Come on…

You’re wasting your breath hun "

Very true. It would be nice if people could accept that we all have a choice and that’s our right.

Nobody should be called names or insults for exercising their right to choice, pro or anti.

Nothing is perfect.

Come on…

Very true. It would be nice if people could accept that we all have a choice and that’s our right.

Nobody should be called names or insults for exercising their right to choice, pro or anti. "

They never will.

It would have been nice if the thread could have remained a conversational thread amongst those of us who haven’t had the vaccine to allow us to discuss our thoughts and reasoning without being ostracised or bashed but as per, it’s turned into the same discussion as every other thread in this section unfortunately.

Central

Nothing is perfect.

Come on…

Nobody should be called names or insults for exercising their right to choice, pro or anti.

They never will.

It would have been nice if the thread could have remained a conversational thread amongst those of us who haven’t had the vaccine to allow us to discuss our thoughts and reasoning without being ostracised or bashed but as per, it’s turned into the same discussion as every other thread in this section unfortunately.

"

Nobody should be abused. Though every one of us may have been uncertain about being vaccinated, even if the choice has been made to get it. As such, we all do share many things in common - typically wanting the best outcome

Nothing is perfect.

Come on…

They never will.

"

Very much this

Reinfection of Covid 19 extremely low public health England who holds the stats for it have it from may 2020 to end of June 2021 as 53 confirmed reinfected both by pcr test and I think there was 5 and half million cases of Covid up to that period so I had Covid 19 February 2021 and this is the reason I have not had the vaccine on top of that 2 members of my house had Covid in early September this year and I have mixed at indoor concerts over the last 6 to 8 weeks including a festival that made the news as the worst incident for Covid 19 spreading 17000 people got it over the 3 days I do 2 lft test a week for work always clear but each to their own most of my family are jabbed and healthy as anything

Nothing is perfect.

Come on…

They never will.

"

When this all started twenty months or so ago I saw common ground between people with differing thoughts, all I see now is a no mans land of division,.

Those divisions will likely last a long time.

"Reinfection of Covid 19 extremely low public health England who holds the stats for it have it from may 2020 to end of June 2021 as 53 confirmed reinfected both by pcr test and I think there was 5 and half million cases of Covid up to that period so I had Covid 19 February 2021 and this is the reason I have not had the vaccine on top of that 2 members of my house had Covid in early September this year and I have mixed at indoor concerts over the last 6 to 8 weeks including a festival that made the news as the worst incident for Covid 19 spreading 17000 people got it over the 3 days I do 2 lft test a week for work always clear but each to their own most of my family are jabbed and healthy as anything "

I test weekly too. Because I’m unvaccinated, I test religiously to make sure I’m doing what I can

Tin town

Nothing is perfect.

Come on…

They never will.

When this all started twenty months or so ago I saw common ground between people with differing thoughts, all I see now is a no mans land of division,.

Those divisions will likely last a long time. "

Unfortunately probably right due to the nature of the "debate". Now.. Calling people selfish, uneducated, dangerous, stupid and worse doesnt help. Ignoring the numbers as they are changing doesn't help.

I do have a question though for those unable to or choosing not to be jabbed? Have you changed your behaviours at all to stay away from people a little bit more?

Nothing is perfect.

Come on…

They never will.

Unfortunately probably right due to the nature of the "debate". Now.. Calling people selfish, uneducated, dangerous, stupid and worse doesnt help. Ignoring the numbers as they are changing doesn't help.

I do have a question though for those unable to or choosing not to be jabbed? Have you changed your behaviours at all to stay away from people a little bit more? "

I definitely have.

I get my shopping delivered for a start, I test sometimes twice a week, I try not to go to very overly populated places. I don’t meet anymore and I see the same 5 friends as I have throughout

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"l You cannot produce something in six months which usually takes years and not cut corners. "

This isn't true. No corners were cut with these vaccines, and this has been debunked repeatedly. A simple Google search will give you many reputable sources and explanations.

Nothing is perfect.

Come on…

They never will.

Those divisions will likely last a long time. "

Couldn’t agree more.

I’ve always been an open minded person who respects others wishes and the way people have turned in the past two years is crazy.

Thankfully none of my family or friends but I’ve seen friends of family and family of friends turn against each other all over this. It’s terrible!

It’s like Brexit all over again.

Nothing is perfect.

Come on…

They never will.

I do have a question though for those unable to or choosing not to be jabbed? Have you changed your behaviours at all to stay away from people a little bit more? "

I can’t say I’ve changed my behaviours in a major way. I work in Social Care and I’ve always been diligent with my PPE and hygiene, sometimes over the top infact, I still am now but I’d say I’ve upped it even more.

I have to wear a mask at work. Other than that, if I have to wear a mask I will, I’ll wear one in taxi’s, to the dentist, to the doctors and in hospitals. I don’t tend to wear them in supermarkets.

I respect others wishes, if small businesses require masks I’ll wear them. We have been finalising the headstone for my dads he Ave recently and the small business we are using requires masks when you enter, I happily wear one.

Oh yes. I test twice a week too! At the moment I’m still within my 90 days from having COVID so can’t do tests, it has been wonderful I must say.

Those pesky things up my nose are not at all nice.

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

It reduces transmission and serious illness by about 90%, that’s fairly obvious within the figures between waves. As such the benefits to restrictions are fairly clear. "

Ok just to be clear I am not having a dig or calling you out (I know it is hard to tell on social media).

If what you say is true then that is huge (good news) but I need to ask for your sources for that statement.

There is plenty of data on the vaccines providing c.90% protection against developing a serious illness as a result of catching Covid (doesn’t stop you catching but lowers impact). But this is the first time *I* have seen the 90% figure in relation to reducing transmission!

Are you sure? How? What source? Everything I have reads shows that we do not have unequivocal evidence. There are contradictory studies in relation to transmission (regardless of common sense saying a reduction in serious illness = reduced viral load = reduced transmission).

If that has changed I would welcome knowing that and seeing the source.

Thanks

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"Can you expand on "for whatever reasons" and actually explain why you've not had it then? Otherwise there can't be much discussion.

Perceptions are everything. Having not lost members of family because of excellent medical interventions I have a general trust in the medical system. Sorry you have had the opposite experience.

Ambleside

"

For me personally...I've lost members of my family through medical malpractice..so I've been brought up with a general distrust of the medical system

You've had more than one family member die as a result of medical malpractice ?"

Yes three in total. Thank you for your sympathy

All I can think reading this post is the strict NHS guidelines for clinical staff and how they utterly don’t marry up with your profile pictures.

Strange you stated clearly your children wouldn’t be vaccinated a week ago too…

What’s your clinical role in the NHS?

Anyway, nice thread OP, thank you for giving me (hopefully) a safe place to share

All I can think reading this post is the strict NHS guidelines for clinical staff and how they utterly don’t marry up with your profile pictures.

What’s your clinical role in the NHS? "

My children are fully vaccinated. They are not having the Covid vaccine.

I’m not telling you or anyone my role.

There are lots of nhs staff on here - many!

Aren’t you NHS? Do you have photos on your profile of a sexual nature? Mine are ALL me on holiday, on a beach, in a bikini! Nothing wrong with that.

You comment quite frequently aimed at me don’t you? Not quite sure what your issue is but can I suggest that we don’t comment in regards to each other from now on?

Cheers

Aren’t you NHS? Do you have photos on your profile of a sexual nature? Mine are ALL me on holiday, on a beach, in a bikini! Nothing wrong with that.

You comment quite frequently aimed at me don’t you? Not quite sure what your issue is but can I suggest that we don’t comment in regards to each other from now on?

Cheers "

I think any NHS on here will know what I’m talking about, they can take their own view

Cheers

I think any NHS on here will know what I’m talking about, they can take their own view "

Please do tell? You clearly have an issue with me as you pick up on my comments all the time? What is your issue?

Sorry about that, the thread was kinda derailed a bit.

Is there anyone who hasn’t had the vaccine through fear (like me, fear of side effects or allergy response) but would like to have it?

I’m in a strange camp where I would like to have it and have the reported benefits of it but I’m petrified of my own response to it due to my medical history. I’ve had numberous conversations with medics to try to quell my fear but so far, because they haven’t been that confident themselves (with regards to my medical history) they haven’t really helped.

Anyone else in that kind of boat?

"Really don't care if a person is vaccinated or not. People have different reasons to get or not to get vaccinated.

Absolutely this. I am vaccinated, but have no issues with those that choose not to."

Me too.....

But can understand if they're reluctant to share their reasons for not choosing the vaccine!

Obviously both sides can't learn something from each other and DISCUSS!

I can think of no other medical procedure strangers feel empowered to ask about.

Had a vasectomy 2 good? Had rhinoplasty 2 good, got a bunnion, had your tetanus jab.. flu jab ?. a few weeks ago no one would have asked / enquired or bothered.

Bring back the good old days where the first question would normally have been f.a.f

"I can think of no other medical procedure strangers feel empowered to ask about.

Had a vasectomy 2 good? Had rhinoplasty 2 good, got a bunnion, had your tetanus jab.. flu jab ?. a few weeks ago no one would have asked / enquired or bothered.

Bring back the good old days where the first question would normally have been f.a.f "

Oh I’ve been called out for having cosmetic procedures but won’t have the vaccine! Wtf???

I don't believe in vaccines, seat belts or mot certificates. I've done my own research....

"Sorry about that, the thread was kinda derailed a bit.

Is there anyone who hasn’t had the vaccine through fear (like me, fear of side effects or allergy response) but would like to have it?

I’m in a strange camp where I would like to have it and have the reported benefits of it but I’m petrified of my own response to it due to my medical history. I’ve had numberous conversations with medics to try to quell my fear but so far, because they haven’t been that confident themselves (with regards to my medical history) they haven’t really helped.

Anyone else in that kind of boat? "

I haven't had it because I have serious concerns re safety and efficacy. This is not based on hearsay or 'feelings' but rather on real world data and testimony of competent and qualified doctors and scientists who have brought up serious concerns at great risk to their personal safety and professional livelihood when they had no incentive for doing so.

I've compiled dozens of peer reviewed papers from a number of publications that have my alarm bells ringing. The people with concerns make a more compelling argument based on verifiable data than the ones relentlessly pushing vaccine compliance 24/7.

The issue is anyone who presents valid concerns to hold off on getting jabbed is immediately lumped into an anti-vaxx / anti-science category when this is simply not the case.

Debate is never settled in science and yet, to hear the mainstream media tell it, it's as if it never existed with regards to this issue.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Ok lets not go down the route of talking about other people on the thread. Also discussing peoples profiles shouldn't be done either

"I can think of no other medical procedure strangers feel empowered to ask about.

Bring back the good old days where the first question would normally have been f.a.f

Oh I’ve been called out for having cosmetic procedures but won’t have the vaccine! Wtf??? "

I chickened out of bunion surgery..oh crap now I've shared tbat some might feel they can ask more.

Unless they're wisperinv sweet nothings in my ear my opinion its none of their business.

Anyone f.a.f ?

"Sorry about that, the thread was kinda derailed a bit.

Anyone else in that kind of boat?

I haven't had it because I have serious concerns re safety and efficacy. This is not based on hearsay or 'feelings' but rather on real world data and testimony of competent and qualified doctors and scientists who have brought up serious concerns at great risk to their personal safety and professional livelihood when they had no incentive for doing so.

I've compiled dozens of peer reviewed papers from a number of publications that have my alarm bells ringing. The people with concerns make a more compelling argument based on verifiable data than the ones relentlessly pushing vaccine compliance 24/7.

The issue is anyone who presents valid concerns to hold off on getting jabbed is immediately lumped into an anti-vaxx / anti-science category when this is simply not the case.

Debate is never settled in science and yet, to hear the mainstream media tell it, it's as if it never existed with regards to this issue."

That’s true. Everyone gets tarred with the same brush - often by complete strangers! It’s sad. It’s hard not to be concerned about side effects but I am that scared of Covid that I think had it not been for my general health issues and the mixed messages (particularly at the beginning), I would have had it.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

OK back to the OP

Oh I’ve been called out for having cosmetic procedures but won’t have the vaccine! Wtf???

I chickened out of bunion surgery..oh crap now I've shared tbat some might feel they can ask more.

Unless they're wisperinv sweet nothings in my ear my opinion its none of their business.

Anyone f.a.f ?"

Bunion surgery looks painful af to be fair! I’d chicken out too!

Forgive And Forget

By *isspurplechesterWoman  over a year ago

Chester

"

Exactly this! thank you for wording it better than I could ever have done

Thanks for sharing this. I’m always looking to understand why people are not vaccinated. I felt so poorly after my third jab last week - I’m so grateful I’ve not had the virus and really suffered. I also work for the NHS and like to think Im open minded - nothing is black and white. Keep well X

Not vaccinated !

Because I don't trust the government !

By *d4fun73Man  over a year ago

Shipley

This thread should be taken down as spreading the usual anti vax propaganda.

On a serious note I've had a friend who didn't have the vaccine she's just come out of hospital after having covid and pneumonia. 6 people on her ward died.

By *irky_coupleCouple  over a year ago

kirky

"In Scotland you now can't go to a nightclub or adult entertainment venue unless you are double vaccinated

I was out at the weekend and only asked once to show my vaccination card on entry.

It seems a bit more lax than the Scottish government will have you believe. "

I was under the impression that because of the NHS passport screw up that it wasn't becoming mandatory until today. We were at the O2 last week and it even said on the website that you needed proof of vaccination. Never got asked though

"This thread should be taken down as spreading the usual anti vax propaganda.

On a serious note I've had a friend who didn't have the vaccine she's just come out of hospital after having covid and pneumonia. 6 people on her ward died. "

I'll put a £10 note in a charity box of your choice if you posted 'anti vax' about folk who chose not to have the flu jab, a disease that kills many 100's of thousands yearly.

By *anesjhCouple  over a year ago

LONDON.

"Not vaccinated !

Because I don't trust the government !"

Agreed...RIP Dr David Kelly.

By *drianukMan  over a year ago

Spain, Preston

I think that pro-lockdown/vaccine people are being whipped up into a state of hate.

I forecast violence

"

I'll put a £10 note in a charity box of your choice if you posted 'anti vax' about folk who chose not to have the flu jab, a disease that kills many 100's of thousands yearly. "

Comparing a disease we didn't know how to treat 6-12 months ago, with a disease we've been treating for 100s of years is a bit mad.

The crux of all the restrictions etc is purely hospitalisations. Hospitalisations are a concern more with covid than the flu, because we can't treat it as well as we can the flu.

Madness this continues to be something people don't understand.

The death rate isn't what has led to restrictions or the push (via the media or the public) for vaccine uptake.

When you compare those two things it just, well, shows you don't understand what is happening.

"I think that pro-lockdown/vaccine people are being whipped up into a state of hate.

I forecast violence"

Considering antivaxers have burned down buildings, attacked police, attacked nurses, attack the general public, and there are zero evidence of pro vaccine people doing the same, how you have come to that assumption is pretty mind blowing.

But let me guess, you think Bill Gates made covid and the vaccine because he wants to help push the great reset?

People who act like children on Facebook or on here going around bragging they been double jabbed ...makes no difference to us in fact we are more likely to not meet vaxers

no we don't need it we have our immunity

"People who act like children on Facebook or on here going around bragging they been double jabbed ...makes no difference to us in fact we are more likely to not meet vaxers"

Tbh, I don't ask, people have their own reasons (usually fucking stupid) for not wanting a vaccine. Everybody should be allowed to make their own choices about their body. It's an absolute freedom that I would fight for, that said I think it's absolutely fucking stupid!

If you wonder why it is "stupid" Google "Herman Cain award" that is why I think it's stupid. Antivax folk dying from covid is the new Darwin awards.

By *an JuniperoCouple  over a year ago

North East

"I think that pro-lockdown/vaccine people are being whipped up into a state of hate.

I forecast violence

Considering antivaxers have burned down buildings, attacked police, attacked nurses, attack the general public, and there are zero evidence of pro vaccine people doing the same, how you have come to that assumption is pretty mind blowing.

But let me guess, you think Bill Gates made covid and the vaccine because he wants to help push the great reset?"

First mention of Bill Gates and it wasn’t an “antivaxxer”. Good one.

By *uriousFun6069Couple  over a year ago

Caister-on-sea,great Yarmouth

It makes absolutely no difference to anyone else if a person has the vaccine or not! You can catch and pass on regardless! (Which some still don't get!)

We should be able to choose what goes in our bodies. There are also so many flaws in how covid has and is being dealt with. My friend went to a concert yesterday. She was asked if she was vaccinated.. nobody in front of her was asked! She felt bad but yes she lied and said yes, no proof requested! She lied because she is sick of the barrage of abuse from people spouting utter crap about why she should!! They don't even know why.. and to be honest it's nobody else's business!!

Do we ask if we are vaccinated against anything else? No!

The only thing that did make me think was if an unvaccinated person gets covid, yes there is more chance they may need hospital care, but over a 97% chance they will survive by the way! Therefore yes, potentially taking up resources that could be used for others ie cancer patients etc.

This is a very emotive subject and there will always be cornflake packet, keyboard scientists who think they know it all! There will always be someone who thinks they know better!

Be true to yourself lovely people.. you don't have to justify or answer to anyone!

LONDON.

"It makes absolutely no difference to anyone else if a person has the vaccine or not! You can catch and pass on regardless! (Which some still don't get!)

We should be able to choose what goes in our bodies. There are also so many flaws in how covid has and is being dealt with. My friend went to a concert yesterday. She was asked if she was vaccinated.. nobody in front of her was asked! She felt bad but yes she lied and said yes, no proof requested! She lied because she is sick of the barrage of abuse from people spouting utter crap about why she should!! They don't even know why.. and to be honest it's nobody else's business!!

Do we ask if we are vaccinated against anything else? No!

The only thing that did make me think was if an unvaccinated person gets covid, yes there is more chance they may need hospital care, but over a 97% chance they will survive by the way! Therefore yes, potentially taking up resources that could be used for others ie cancer patients etc.

This is a very emotive subject and there will always be cornflake packet, keyboard scientists who think they know it all! There will always be someone who thinks they know better!

Be true to yourself lovely people.. you don't have to justify or answer to anyone! "

That's the truth...well said.

I forecast violence

But let me guess, you think Bill Gates made covid and the vaccine because he wants to help push the great reset?"

When did anti vaxxers do the above? I don’t recall reading about any of that sort of stuff feel free to provide some links, genuinely interested.

I will say though, I’ve not had abuse from an unvaccinated person yet, I have plenty vaccinated people though. I was told I’m a walking murderer by someone on Instagram when I mentioned I hadn’t been vaccinated.

"It makes absolutely no difference to anyone else if a person has the vaccine or not! You can catch and pass on regardless!"

The fact you believe that is utterly insane to me.

How do people still, nearly 2 years into this not understand how vaccines work and why we have them?

It's not even fucking complex stuff.

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

It reduces transmission and serious illness by about 90%, that’s fairly obvious within the figures between waves. As such the benefits to restrictions are fairly clear.

Ok just to be clear I am not having a dig or calling you out (I know it is hard to tell on social media).

If what you say is true then that is huge (good news) but I need to ask for your sources for that statement.

There is plenty of data on the vaccines providing c.90% protection against developing a serious illness as a result of catching Covid (doesn’t stop you catching but lowers impact). But this is the first time *I* have seen the 90% figure in relation to reducing transmission!

Are you sure? How? What source? Everything I have reads shows that we do not have unequivocal evidence. There are contradictory studies in relation to transmission (regardless of common sense saying a reduction in serious illness = reduced viral load = reduced transmission).

If that has changed I would welcome knowing that and seeing the source.

Thanks "

Hey CHARLI GRACE

Sure you missed this buried in this long thread but I am really keen to see you reply. Thanks

Cheers

I think any NHS on here will know what I’m talking about, they can take their own view

Please do tell? You clearly have an issue with me as you pick up on my comments all the time? What is your issue? "

No issue, I just don’t think you’re actually being very truthful on here.

"

When did anti vaxxers do the above? I don’t recall reading about any of that sort of stuff feel free to provide some links, genuinely interested.

I will say though, I’ve not had abuse from an unvaccinated person yet, I have plenty vaccinated people though. I was told I’m a walking murderer by someone on Instagram when I mentioned I hadn’t been vaccinated. "

My guess is your probably posted something about vaccines, so when you do that you're gonna get some negative. Try simply being brown on social media, jesus. Don't even have to say anything then.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/anti-vaxxer-attacks-nhs-covid-london-health-staff-b943392.html

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/italian-police-warn-armed-attacks-by-anti-vaxxers-2021-09-09/

There are more, just Google it, "antivax violence".

Precovid the antivax were burning down 5G towers.

Much of the MAGA folk are antivax as well, and they tried to overthrow their government violently driven by covid and lies about the election being stolen.

It's all cult behaviour.

"I've not had it. I am one of the few people I know who has declined. My colleagues have all had it and most have had their boosters now. Despite this, 3 of them came down with the bug and it floored them for nearly a week.

I have nothing against people who make the conscious decision to have it. It's individual choice. What I oppose is the ostracisation and curtailing of freedoms for people who think differently and made a different choice than one parroted 24/7 by the media and people with a stake in the issue.

Your colleagues would likely have been much more seriously ill or died, if they'd not had the vaccinations.

You don't work in medicine development I assume. The testing can be very similar, in terms of timescales, these vaccines or other meds. It's just that greater resources have allowed these to cut the long periods where ordinarily nothing happens... People sit about waiting to write reports without urgent deadlines... People have to work, campaigning for funding to continue... People work on multiple projects, diluting the actual time spent, as they were typically spent exclusively with covid... People spend months trying to get government approvals to run trials, in each of the many different countries they are run in - approvals for the vaccines were prioritised, etc.

In many respects, the testing has been the best, the way we've been so fortunate to have had it done. The volume of people involved has been extraordinary, the amount of collaboration unprecedented. The sheer volume of work and attention invested unmatched in world history. You've never had it so good.

And people spent so little time with restrictions, because of the vaccines, helping you to get out again, livelihoods earned again.

The vaccines have reduced the impact for us all. Fewer people infected, fewer people seriously ill, fewer people dead. Each one of us, whether jabbed or not, could have been 1 of the less fortunate. Some would have seen unnecessarily long vaccine development times, which would have had tens of thousands, potentially hundreds of thousands more deaths, just in the UK. Jobs and businesses gone to the wall. "

"

I will say though, I’ve not had abuse from an unvaccinated person yet, I have plenty vaccinated people though. I was told I’m a walking murderer by someone on Instagram when I mentioned I hadn’t been vaccinated.

My guess is your probably posted something about vaccines, so when you do that you're gonna get some negative. Try simply being brown on social media, jesus. Don't even have to say anything then.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/anti-vaxxer-attacks-nhs-covid-london-health-staff-b943392.html

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/italian-police-warn-armed-attacks-by-anti-vaxxers-2021-09-09/

Much of the MAGA folk are antivax as well, and they tried to overthrow their government violently driven by covid and lies about the election being stolen.

It's all cult behaviour."

Erm. I am brown… or black if you will. So I know all about abuse online.

I don’t think replying to a post about vaccines with an opinion (one that wasn’t anti vaxx by the way) warrants abuse.

Thanks for the links, I wasn’t aware of any of this.

Still, there are pretty nasty vaccinated people too. Like the one who messaged me on here who claimed to “support BLM and all that” but was “disgusted” that “blacks” had the lowest vaccine take up. Bearing in mind, I had only posted on a thread and received such message.

Interesting stance.

"l You cannot produce something in six months which usually takes years and not cut corners.

This isn't true. No corners were cut with these vaccines, and this has been debunked repeatedly. A simple Google search will give you many reputable sources and explanations.

"

"

I'll put a £10 note in a charity box of your choice if you posted 'anti vax' about folk who chose not to have the flu jab, a disease that kills many 100's of thousands yearly.

Comparing a disease we didn't know how to treat 6-12 months ago, with a disease we've been treating for 100s of years is a bit mad.

The crux of all the restrictions etc is purely hospitalisations. Hospitalisations are a concern more with covid than the flu, because we can't treat it as well as we can the flu.

The death rate isn't what has led to restrictions or the push (via the media or the public) for vaccine uptake.

When you compare those two things it just, well, shows you don't understand what is happening.

"

Not mad..both respiratory diseases both with jabs that can reducee symptoms rather than prevent disease we have a jab for flu many people chose not to take it.. doubt any one shouted anti vax at them .. So theres no reason to say it about this..

Those who chose not to have this.. I'll wager vast majority that have chosen to wait have had others jabs prior..so by definition they're not anti.

"

It's all cult behaviour.

I don’t think replying to a post about vaccines with an opinion (one that wasn’t anti vaxx by the way) warrants abuse.

Still, there are pretty nasty vaccinated people too. Like the one who messaged me on here who claimed to “support BLM and all that” but was “disgusted” that “blacks” had the lowest vaccine take up. Bearing in mind, I had only posted on a thread and received such message.

Interesting stance. "

I'm not saying you are or aren't, I'm just saying if you think it's hard only not being pro vaccine, just try being brown. Whether you are or aren't, doesn't change my point.

The internet or social media specifically, is a horrible place.

The doctor's and nurses facing abuse every single day, violent abuse, are starting to walk from the job. Honestly I don't blame them, the absolutely hatred spread by antivaxers is absolutely vile. Stories of doctors accepting money to say people have died of covid etc. This hateful shit is going too far.

Google it, antivaxers pretend their kind and thoughtful people, but I haven't met one yet who doesn't shove their opinions about the dangers of vaccination down your throat daily (especially via social media posts). They make the worse vegans look like saints.

If you post memes about how bad (or good) vaccination is, you are part of the problem dividing society.

Both sides are just as bad, I can't emphasize that enough, the pro vaccine and the antivaxers, fuck them all the world would be a better place without any of them.

I support vaccination as much as I support a person's right NOT to take the vaccine.

"Not mad..both respiratory diseases both with jabs that can reducee symptoms rather than prevent disease we have a jab for flu many people chose not to take it.. doubt any one shouted anti vax at them .. So theres no reason to say it about this..

Those who chose not to have this.. I'll wager vast majority that have chosen to wait have had others jabs prior..so by definition they're not anti.

"

You're still missing the point.

Vaccination isn't treatment.

You are comparing a disease we have treated for decades, a century, with something we're still developing treatments for, they're not the same.

The biggest problem with covid is comprehension.

Everybody has an opinion, very few understand what is happening.

"In Scotland you now can't go to a nightclub or adult entertainment venue unless you are double vaccinated

It seems a bit more lax than the Scottish government will have you believe. "

the previous weeks where a trial, it comes into full effect today.

"Not mad..both respiratory diseases both with jabs that can reducee symptoms rather than prevent disease we have a jab for flu many people chose not to take it.. doubt any one shouted anti vax at them .. So theres no reason to say it about this..

You are comparing a disease we have treated for decades, a century, with something we're still developing treatments for, they're not the same.

Everybody has an opinion, very few understand what is happening."

unfortuneatly, the most confused appear to be those in power.

Wear a mask, dont wear a mask and on and on

"Unfortuneatly, the most confused appear to be those in power.

Wear a mask, dont wear a mask and on and on"

They're just reacting, scrambling.

Just wear a mask if your asked, it's really not that big a deal.

Honestly, I don't understand all the anger about masks, people relating it to the Nazis etc. Hysterical child like reaction.

LONDON.

Did anyone ever get polio after having the polio vaccine...just asking.

"Did anyone ever get polio after having the polio vaccine...just asking."

Yes of course??!

By *lex D.Man  over a year ago

London

"In Scotland you now can't go to a nightclub or adult entertainment venue unless you are double vaccinated "

And not limited to, a double vaccination, of course.

In addition, negative LFT and natural immunity are other formalities for access not to mention a covid pass being made available to unvaccinated folks protected under the equalities act 2010.

On the whole, a rather pointless exercise.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Did anyone ever get polio after having the polio vaccine...just asking."

Yes

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/polio/#:~:text=Infected%20people%20who%20don't,version%20of%20the%20polio%20virus.

"Did anyone ever get polio after having the polio vaccine...just asking."

Here is an example: https://www.historyofvaccines.org/content/smallpox-two-boys

I've said it before on this forum, but I honestly don't believe people who are antivax tend to understand how vaccines work.

"

It's all cult behaviour.

Interesting stance.

I'm not saying you are or aren't, I'm just saying if you think it's hard only not being pro vaccine, just try being brown. Whether you are or aren't, doesn't change my point.

The doctor's and nurses facing abuse every single day, violent abuse, are starting to walk from the job. Honestly I don't blame them, the absolutely hatred spread by antivaxers is absolutely vile. Stories of doctors accepting money to say people have died of covid etc. This hateful shit is going too far.

Google it, antivaxers pretend their kind and thoughtful people, but I haven't met one yet who doesn't shove their opinions about the dangers of vaccination down your throat daily (especially via social media posts). They make the worse vegans look like saints.

If you post memes about how bad (or good) vaccination is, you are part of the problem dividing society.

Both sides are just as bad, I can't emphasize that enough, the pro vaccine and the antivaxers, fuck them all the world would be a better place without any of them.

I support vaccination as much as I support a person's right NOT to take the vaccine."

But colour was irrelevant to what I said…

You almost used it as a justification.

In one breath you say both are bad but in the next breath you’re saying “anti vaxxers” are worse and that pro vaxxers aren’t doing XYZ. So which one is it?

I think anyone who thinks their opinion is above anyone else’s and thinks people shouldn’t have a choice are bad, regardless of if they’re pro or anti.

Who is actually “anti vaxx” here though?

People use that line all the time but I honestly haven’t come across anyone who is anti vaccine, I have however come across people who have been fully vaccinated against various things simply having an opinion on the COVID vaccine.

If one is against the COVID vaccine or has had all their other jabs but the COVID vaccine how can they possibly be “anti vaxx”? Anti vaxx people are anti ALL vaccines…

The word gets used so much and so inaccurately.

"Unfortuneatly, the most confused appear to be those in power.

Wear a mask, dont wear a mask and on and on

They're just reacting, scrambling.

Just wear a mask if your asked, it's really not that big a deal.

Honestly, I don't understand all the anger about masks, people relating it to the Nazis etc. Hysterical child like reaction."

No issue wearing masks, just have issie with those in power Scrabling as you put it.

Just be honest, we dont know, so we suggest X or Y.

they always pretend they have all the answers, when its obvious they dont.

"

But colour was irrelevant to what I said…"

It was an example of a group that gets more abuse that being antivax...how are you not understanding this?!

"

You almost used it as a justification."

Justification for what?! What are you in about?!

"

In one breath you say both are bad but in the next breath you’re saying “anti vaxxers” are worse and that pro vaxxers aren’t doing XYZ. So which one is it?"

They can both be bad, while one is worse?

"I think anyone who thinks their opinion is above anyone else’s and thinks people shouldn’t have a choice are bad, regardless of if they’re pro or anti. "

Agreed. I will always speak my mind but my opinion is no valuable than anybody else's.

Hey op, how’s your safe haven for those yet vaccinated going?

Im not missing the point.. I'm making the point that use of the term anti vax is only used about this jab. previously I doubt anyone used the term for people who didn't have a particular jab flu or other.

Chances are those who have chosen to wait or not have this are very likely to have had jabs before,

Those who are " anti vax " will have had none.

You are missing the point, because it's you who compared to things that aren't equal, and I still don't think you understand why they're not equal.

You're not alone, the flu comparison is a popular one, it's useful because immediately it let's people know the person has no fucking clue what they're talking about.

If people are coming people who have other vaccines, antivax for not trust the covid vaccine, those people are idiots.

Militant pro vaccine is as bad as militant antivaccine.

Im not missing the point.. I'm making the point that use of the term anti vax is only used about this jab. previously I doubt anyone used the term for people who didn't have a particular jab flu or other.

Chances are those who have chosen to wait or not have this are very likely to have had jabs before,

Those who are " anti vax " will have had none.

"

Exactly this.

How are people not understanding it?

One can’t possibly be anti vaxx if they’ve had a bunch of vaccines.

This is the problem with labelling people you don’t know.

Tin town

"It makes absolutely no difference to anyone else if a person has the vaccine or not! You can catch and pass on regardless!

How do people still, nearly 2 years into this not understand how vaccines work and why we have them?

It's not even fucking complex stuff."

Errr are you of the impression that the vaccine prevents you from catching it or passing it to someone else?

Tin town

"

It's all cult behaviour.

Interesting stance.

I support vaccination as much as I support a person's right NOT to take the vaccine."

well said

By *heekybrummiemonkeysCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

And not limited to, a double vaccination, of course.

In addition, negative LFT and natural immunity are other formalities for access not to mention a covid pass being made available to unvaccinated folks protected under the equalities act 2010.

On the whole, a rather pointless exercise."

Totally incorrect. It is limited to double vaccination in Scotland.

In Wales it has the test option.

"

"

"You are missing the point, because it's you who compared to things that aren't equal, and I still don't think you understand why they're not equal.

You're not alone, the flu comparison is a popular one, it's useful because immediately it let's people know the person has no fucking clue what they're talking about.

If people are coming people who have other vaccines, antivax for not trust the covid vaccine, those people are idiots.

Militant pro vaccine is as bad as militant antivaccine."

Its the label, labelling I have issue with..its only recently been used by the masses likely media driven.

yourself and the gent I originally quoted only use anti vax about the cv19 jab.

I get ya.

You have a fab evening.

"It makes absolutely no difference to anyone else if a person has the vaccine or not! You can catch and pass on regardless!

It's not even fucking complex stuff.

Errr are you of the impression that the vaccine prevents you from catching it or passing it to someone else? "

Nope, and no vaccine in history has ever done that.

That's why I don't understand why anybody would use that as a measure. It just tells me the person saying that doesn't understand vaccines.

Here is a good example with polio: https://www.historyofvaccines.org/content/smallpox-two-boys

The key with ALL the restrictions related to covid, whether it's lockdown or vaccine passports, is hospitalisations.

Pretty much nothing else, so when people talk about death rate or talk about "you can still catch it if you have the vaccine" they're only displaying their own ignorance in huge shining neon letters.

"You have a fab evening. "

You too mate, take care, good luck fabbing

Spain, Preston

Even the language of the lockdown/vaccine enthusiasts is violent

By *an JuniperoCouple  over a year ago

North East

So much for being a thread for “unvaccinated” folk then haha.

Hey op, how’s your safe haven for those yet vaccinated going? "

Lol

Ambleside

Yes going great thanks for asking. I wonder if you set up a thread for those with small dicks would loads of guys with big dicks invade the thread and abuse guys with smaller dicks?

"Yes going great thanks for asking. I wonder if you set up a thread for those with small dicks would loads of guys with big dicks invade the thread and abuse guys with smaller dicks?"

Probably!

Central

"Yes going great thanks for asking. I wonder if you set up a thread for those with small dicks would loads of guys with big dicks invade the thread and abuse guys with smaller dicks?"

Has there been any abuse in this thread? It should be reported, if so.

Spain, Preston

The phrase anti-vaxxer is very poor as it is intended to suggest that people are loopy.

In fact, very, very few people are anti-vaccine per se. Very many people are sceptical of these current vaccines and the entire lockdown response and panic

[Removed by poster at 18/10/21 18:42:39]

Something tells me they wouldn’t.

By *rMrsRichCouple  over a year ago

Bournemouh

[Removed by poster at 18/10/21 18:47:37]

"The phrase anti-vaxxer is very poor as it is intended to suggest that people are loopy.

In fact, very, very few people are anti-vaccine per se. Very many people are sceptical of these current vaccines and the entire lockdown response and panic"

The word isn't the problem, if you are anti vaccination, you're an antivaxer.

If you're not against ALL vaccines, then you're not an antivaxer.

If somebody calls you that, and you're not ignore them.

By *rMrsRichCouple  over a year ago

Bournemouh

In fact never mind. Ignore me, realised I don’t want in this conversation

"Actually you’re missing a massive point yourself, when the vaccines were first on offer the public was inundated with government and media driven messages that it DID prevent transmission..."

Nope, they said "reduce transmission" not "prevent transmission".

Google it.

They couldn't say prevent, because it's a vaccine not a cure.

Anti vaxxer are anti ALL vaccines not just COVID.

How do people fail to understand this time and time again.